FM16 The Sammarinese Challenge.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to work commitments I won't be able to play FM for about 3-4 weeks and by that time the new database should be out and no doubt I'll want to start a new game. I am going to end my San Marino save now but maybe in a few months time I may return to it, good luck everybody in your saves and hopefully someone will be able to do the impossible and win the World cup or European cup with the National team.

In my eleven years as San Marino manager these were the trophies we won, the date in game is 24 November 2027.

2019 Lega Pro Girone B

2019 Italian C Super cup

2020 Serie B

2023 Europa League

2024 Serie A

2024 Supercoppa di Lega TIM

2025 Serie A

2025 TIM cup

2025 Supercoppa di Lega TIM

2026 Serie A

2026 TIM cup

2026 Champions League

2026 UEFA Super cup

2026 Supercoppa di Lega TIM

2026 FIFA World club cup

2027 Serie A

2027 TIM cup

2027 Champions League

2027 UEFA Super cup

2027 Supercoppa di Lega TIM

My%20history%20in%20November%20in%20season%2011_1.jpg

Well done col_nufc1

Hope to see you back.

2042-43 Update

A bit disappointed with my last season. We trounced the league like never before, practically winning by December. We drew 5 and lost 2 of our last 10 and still won by 10. To showcase how tight the rest of the league was, we ended with 79 points and 7 wins and 7 draws, whilst second place Juventus had 69 and 9 draws and 9 losses. 2-6 separated only by 5 points whilst relegation was a historical high of 41 points going down (enough to be safe for any other season, however this season 43 was required to stay up.

The league's spread from 2-18 was only 26 points

We also went on to win the Italian Cup, but the treble faulted as we lost for the first time, in the Champions League final to Tottenham, 1-0.

Canini our goal scoring keeper, moves to 93 at 28 years of age, so with 10 years left in his legs at a minimum I am hoping, he will be able to reach the 180 mark by retirement.

Im so proud of the youngsters that won the youth cup. I didnt have any involvement in the run, in fact it had completely passed me by.

This is the successful team

GK - Luciano Scotto

DR - Stefano Gennari

DC - Jacopo Fabbri

DC - Andrea Gatti

DL - Fredrico Zannoni

DM - Manuel Michelotti

CM - Marco De Meo

CM -Nicolo Vannucci

AMR - Daniele Napolano

AML - Angelo Fiore

SC - Nicola Vannucci

4 of these players came through this years intake. Angelo Fiore in particular is very exciting.

Season 2027/2028 Review

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-6_zpss65mqmu7.png

League Table

Serie%20A%20TIM_%20Overview%20Stages_zps6fdox3d7.png

End of Season Awards

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-5_zpshfjzzxxw.png

League Fixtures 1

League Fixtures 2

Champions League Fixtures

TIM Cup Fixtures

Youth Intake

San%20Marino%20Calcio%20Youth%20Candidates_%20Squad%20Players_zpsgi7bcvb5.png

Season Review

A very frustrating season. We drew far to many games, we just couldn't convert enough games into wins. I got so frustrated that I just used the IR button for all league games from Feb.

We had a effortless run through the Italian cup, not even conceding a goal.

In the CL, we won all the group games but we fell to Man City again.

Next Season.

Im really keen to push for the CL title.

We are losing alot of money so some players may have to leave, although I dont need to really buy any players

I am slightly concerned about my future ability to take over the NT after my sacking.

The job became available at the end of the last season and naturally, I applied. However my application was thrown out as fast as it went in.

Im worried now that I may not be able to complete the challenge :(

Due to work commitments I won't be able to play FM for about 3-4 weeks and by that time the new database should be out and no doubt I'll want to start a new game. I am going to end my San Marino save now but maybe in a few months time I may return to it, good luck everybody in your saves and hopefully someone will be able to do the impossible and win the World cup or European cup with the National team.

In my eleven years as San Marino manager these were the trophies we won, the date in game is 24 November 2027.

2019 Lega Pro Girone B

2019 Italian C Super cup

2020 Serie B

2023 Europa League

2024 Serie A

2024 Supercoppa di Lega TIM

2025 Serie A

2025 TIM cup

2025 Supercoppa di Lega TIM

2026 Serie A

2026 TIM cup

2026 Champions League

2026 UEFA Super cup

2026 Supercoppa di Lega TIM

2026 FIFA World club cup

2027 Serie A

2027 TIM cup

2027 Champions League

2027 UEFA Super cup

2027 Supercoppa di Lega TIM

My%20history%20in%20November%20in%20season%2011_1.jpg

Really well done there col. Hope to see you back later on in the year

San Marino club side. End of Season 2019/20 update. Lega Pro B, (Serie C/B).

SMR%20Season%20Review%20Jun%202027_zps4p0etckx.png

I am still not managing the NT side yet, (I have enough on my plate).

League Table.

SMR%20League%20Table%20Jun%202027_zps6ountc8f.png

League Graph.

SMR%20League%20Graph%20Jun%202027_zps5zzhgnep.png

At the start of the season I was hoping that we would be able to avoid relegation and to be honest, we looked like we were going to be doing just that right until the death when we lost 3 consecutive games 1-0, (while playing well I might add), and then needed a win and 3 draws in our last 4 games to crawl over the line. I was a bit taken aback when I was first told that we had avoided relegation, (I'm not a bloody idiot and didn't need to be told that thanks very much!), but was then told that we were in a relegation playoff with the team above us in the league, (and I certainly didn't know this!) Lots of indignation everywhere at this point I can tell you.

League Fixtures 1.

League Fixtures 2.

League Fixtures 3.

Relegation Playoff Fixtures.

SMR%20Playout%20Fixtures_zpsayflwirw.png

We actually needed an injury time goal in the 2nd leg to give us the win on aggregate, but trust me when I say we were by FAR the better team and it would have been a travesty if we hadn't won.

Cup Fixtures.

This was the furthest we have gone in the Cup and if I am honest it is a new format that I simply despise. All the rounds are drawn at the outset and the draw is weighted in favour of the big club at every opportunity. If you are a minnow and you beat a bigger team at any point, rather than a potential for an easier draw in the next round, all you get is a guarantee of an away draw at a big club. Yes money makes the World go round, put the Italian Cup just reeks of everything that is wrong with Italian football.

1st Qualifying Round. All the higher ranked teams, (so Serie C at this stage), are given home ties and they all play lower ranked Serie D teams, (who obviously have to play away).

2nd Qualifying Round. Sees the Serie B teams introduced and they all have a home tome and they play the winner of the Serie C/D games, (it's not that simple but almost), and the Serie C/D teams all have to play away.

3rd Qualifying Round. Some Serie A teams are introduced now and they obviously get home ties, and the other home ties are give to the highest ranked Serie B teams from the previous round, (or whoever manages to beat them away from home).

4th Qualifying Round. Some more S0erie A teams arrive and of course they get a nice little home tie against someone little from the previous round.

1st Round. The Serie A big boys are introduced at the stage where there are now only 8 games and the home teams are as follows......

Udinese, Inter, Roma, AC Milan, Juve, Sampdoria, Genoa, & Napoli. They all play home games against smaller clubs. It is simply created in a way that gives the advantage to the established elite and is a million miles from the wonder that is the FA Cup. (Shame on you Italian FA, for many many many things, but this abomination especially).

League History.

SMR%20League%20History%20Jun%202027_zpskqqiy9jk.png

I think we have shown decent progress. It's not exactly been spectacular, but then again have you seen the dross I have had to work with for much of this save? It's only now that we are starting to produce quality players, and even then more by luck than judgement I think.

Facilities.

There have been no advances at this stage, although I did check my balance when writing this update, and it seems that there is certainly enough cash for some infrastructure development so I will be looking to get into it with the board as soon as I post this.

Board Confidence.

SMR%20Confidence%20Jun%202027_zpsdoiedxbj.png

60% approval isn't great, but when you consider that we finished 1 place above the relegation zone and had to win a Playoff not to still get relegated, well that will do me nicely thanks very much.

Finances.

SMR%20Finances%20Jun%202027_zpsmtg9v562.png

Now here is where it starts to get interesting. We have been losing money month on month and year on year throughout this save, but now we seem to be finally making money even though we haven't reached the promised land of Serie A, (yet).

We now have £800k+ in the bank and yes you might say that's only the case because we have consolidated our overdraft, (twice), and yes that doesn't include the mammoth amounts of money that the first 2 board injected in order to keep the club afloat, but..... (and it's a decent but), since the 3rd board took over this season in January, we seem to have made a profit of about £500k+. That's decent. That's very decent, (as I was expecting to still make a loss in Serie B).

As a result I will be looking to invest in infrastructure and see if we can get the facilities/coaching improved.

Debt & Loans.

Goal-scoring GK watch.

SMR%20Goalscoring%20GKs%20Jun%202027_zpspv2tercf.png

All Time Goal-scoring GK watch.

SMR%20All%20Time%20Goalscoring%20GKs%20Jun%202027_zpsom9lfz5r.png

End of Season Awards.

SMR%20End%20of%20Season%20Awards%20Jun%202027_zpsxpuriea9.png

Fans Player of the Season.

SMR%20Player%20of%20the%20Season%20Jun%202027_zpsnemd5io2.png

Goal of the season.

[video=youtube;Max3JKLfIjQ]

Signing of the Season.

There were no re-signings made this season, (more's the pity).

Young Player of the Season.

As usual, the player who won the main award also collected the Young Player award. After 4 years Tosi winning both, Valli won both this season.

Player Stats.

SMR%20Stats%201%20Jun%202027_zpsl2aea6xw.png

SMR%20Stats%202%20Jun%202027_zpsfnz7ly8f.png

2020 Youth Day.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%202027_zpsx8fabe8r.png

SMR%20Mazza%20Jun%202037_zpsoydd602u.png

You might notice from the above that there are 4 clubs interested in 15yo Mazza. He is still on a Youth contract, (he only came through this years intake), and my heart was in my mouth when I went to see who it was, (thinking that it would be the big boys come sniffing and that he wouldn't be interested in signing a pro contract with us now).

As luck would have it, it was only 4 Serie A strugglers who are sniffing, (Avellino, Juve Stabia, Sassuolo & Verona). As it's only them, I'm still hopeful that we might be able to tie him down to a longer contract.

I totally agree with your assessment of the TIM Cup Jimbo. Its the top 8 sides of the previous seasons Serie A that go straight into the 1st round. As soon as your a settled fixture in the upper echelons of the league, the cup becomes a cakewalk. You don't have to play anyone of note untill the semi finals! :herman:

I didnt concede a goal in my last run through! (although I did win the final on pens)

Having just finished the last season I have grown frustrated with the National Team situation. I now have State of the Art training facilities, Top Youth Facilities, Extensive Youth Recruitment and Exceptinal junior coaching, making it the ideal time to begin to grow the NT.

I may take a break until the next update, to see if it will allow me to become the NT manager again, otherwise I may have to restart from the beginning, without taking the job from the start

Having just finished the last season I have grown frustrated with the National Team situation. I now have State of the Art training facilities, Top Youth Facilities, Extensive Youth Recruitment and Exceptinal junior coaching, making it the ideal time to begin to grow the NT.

I may take a break until the next update, to see if it will allow me to become the NT manager again, otherwise I may have to restart from the beginning, without taking the job from the start

How long has it been since you got fired from the NT? I got fired for not qualifying for Euro 2028 (after which I took the Albania job and promptly qualified them). I really don't want to wait a decade before being able to apply again to the job.

How long has it been since you got fired from the NT? I got fired for not qualifying for Euro 2028 (after which I took the Albania job and promptly qualified them). I really don't want to wait a decade before being able to apply again to the job.

I got sacked in 2025. I tried to apply again in 2029 so it's only been 4 years but it's still frustrating

dan_lcfc, I suggest that you need to wait for months and that's the time you want to manage again. When you will give your second chance or back to square one soon?

I intend on waiting for the new update before I restart. I will probably blitz through a few seasons just using the instant result button.

In fact I'm quite excited at the prospect to see how I fare in comparison with my first attempt.

The missus will be pleased with my short hiatus anyway :lol:

Jimbokav, as your not managing the NT, what has the manager situation been like in your game?

I was about to post this earlier, (because I knew you'd be interested), but after the 1st bloke lasting 7 years 270 days, but the 2nd bloke has now been in charge of 6 years and 76 days so I am waiting to see if he can break the cycle.

I wouldn't be sacking the current bloke.

Euro Champs 2014.

SMR%202014_zpslunbdybk.png

Euro Champs 2018.

SMR%202018_zpsrpzbgjnm.png

Euro Champs 2022.

SMR%202022_zpsza1puuab.png

Euro Champs 2026.

SMR%202026_zps4trqsryk.png

World Cup Qualifying 2016.

SMR%202016_zpsnu8mhfko.png

World Cup Qualifying 2020.

SMR%202020_zpsmubihzkd.png

World Cup Qualifying 2024.

SMR%202024_zpsuenox8cg.png

European League D 2019.

SMR%202019_zpsy8vpto09.png

European League D 2021.

SMR%202021_zpsthvnluxn.png

European League D 2023.

SMR%202023_zpsqzmfvzu6.png

European League D 2025.

SMR%202025_zpsegnydzkc.png

I think when you are looking to judge progress, it's pretty hard to look at the World Cup and European Qualifying campaigns, but if you look at the European League D campaigns then I think that's got to be continued and steady progress. In the right group next time around, I think they have a really decent chance of winning it.

I wouldn't sack him. :herman:

There is definite progress there, but I'm very concerned that the first manager got sacked after the exact same amount of time as in my game, even though he performed better in the qualifiers than in my test save. (Which wasnt very scientific. I only loaded the EPL and all players from SM to speed the test up)

If the manager in your save does get the sack after 7yrs 363 days then I think there may be a huge problem in terms of the challenge. I have started a thread both in GD (which naturally didnt get much interest) and started a bug report about it. Hopefully we can get an answer from one of the big wigs as to why this has become an issue this year.

This is the gd thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/451856-Shock-national-team-sackings

and this is the bug report http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/451969-San-Marino-national-team-FA-too-trigger-happy

Hopefully this is something which will be addressed but it's also close to the update so it may be something they can't sort in time

Has anyone lasted longer that the 7 years 363 days in any of the saves?

I think you get 4 full qualifying campaigns, so the people who took over from the start (well 2017) got just over 8 years because you take over mid way through a campaign

There has been a response in the bug thread and they have replicated the bug in house. They have said it will be looked at, but it is not a top priority

I fear that should they make a change then a new game will be needed for the effects to come in.

I think I'll wait until the update in a week before starting this. Stopped playing the Youth Academy Challenge because you apparently aren't allowed to sign your youth players back in the future (when you have more money, for example), which makes no sense to me as they are still technically one of your youth players. Anyway, I don't think I'll be doing youth only with this challenge, but I will obviously focus all my money on upgrading junior coaching and youth recruitment.

Also a quick question, are there any other San Marinese teams that you could loan players to in the future so they can maybe also climb into the Serie A and help the national team that way as well?

I think I'll wait until the update in a week before starting this. Stopped playing the Youth Academy Challenge because you apparently aren't allowed to sign your youth players back in the future (when you have more money, for example), which makes no sense to me as they are still technically one of your youth players. Anyway, I don't think I'll be doing youth only with this challenge, but I will obviously focus all my money on upgrading junior coaching and youth recruitment.

Also a quick question, are there any other San Marinese teams that you could loan players to in the future so they can maybe also climb into the Serie A and help the national team that way as well?

If I was you and I had started a long term save doing something like the Youth Challenge, the existance of a rule that I didn't agree with, wouldn't stop me. I would just stop posting in that 1 single thread and post elsewhere. It's not a competition.

I'm playing the San Marino challenge, in exactly the way you describe, and I am absolutely loving re-signing my old players.

If I was you I would stick with my old save, but either way, welcome and good luck.

If I was you and I had started a long term save doing something like the Youth Challenge, the existance of a rule that I didn't agree with, wouldn't stop me. I would just stop posting in that 1 single thread and post elsewhere. It's not a competition.

I'm playing the San Marino challenge, in exactly the way you describe, and I am absolutely loving re-signing my old players.

If I was you I would stick with my old save, but either way, welcome and good luck.

I only got 2 seasons in anyway and I've almost exclusively played youth academy challenges for the last few years, so I never actually get to scout for players / find wonderkids etc. and I feel like doing that again, so why not combine that with this challenge :). Also, any idea about my question at the end of my previous post? Really want to start playing right now... why did I have to get this itch now and not in a week from now when the update is already out. :eek:

Oh ok then, tnx for the answer. I tried playing only with current roster, it seems impossible to survive (2017 save). I'll start over.

It's hard, but not impossible.

I'm in Serie B in 2028 playing a Youth Only style so it can be done. It's just very very very slow going.

If you read the start of the thread, you might get an insight into how some of us started off and it might help you a little. :thup:

I have some more information from one of the bug testing team.

The AI managers getting sacked is actually working as intended according to one of the coders, they have asked for a save file from just before I was sacked in my save which I have just loaded onto the FTP. (After 3 attempts at holidaying 4 years! (first time I was sacked in October, not November like before :lol:, and the other time the game just crashed)

If any new players are looking at being successful with the NT, I would consider waiting untill the update has been released, just in case they are to fix it and it is not save game compatible. I'm not sure if it will be or not (if there even is any change) but I personally wont be restarting untill it has been released just to be sure.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I am just being a bit dim, but maybe someone can shed some light on it.

This is our 2026 Group H Euro Qualifying League.

SMR%20Euro%20Champ%20Qual%20Group%20H%202028_zps6esfou2b.png

We finished bottom of the group, (as usual), but a negative goal difference of 22 means that we were only losing games by an average of 2.75 goals.

When you consider that our previous goal difference in this competition has been -30, -27, -22 and then -22 again, at least that shows some long term progress even if we were in a tough group this time around.

What I don't understand is if we have finished bottom of the group, how did we qualify for the Playoffs?

SMR%20Euro%20Champ%20Qual%20Playoff%20Semis%202028_zpsjnb4h9og.png

We only lost the Playoff 2-1 away.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I am just being a bit dim, but maybe someone can shed some light on it.

This is our 2026 Group H Euro Qualifying League.

SMR%20Euro%20Champ%20Qual%20Group%20H%202028_zps6esfou2b.png

We finished bottom of the group, (as usual), but a negative goal difference of 22 means that we were only losing games by an average of 2.75 goals.

When you consider that our previous goal difference in this competition has been -30, -27, -22 and then -22 again, at least that shows some long term progress even if we were in a tough group this time around.

What I don't understand is if we have finished bottom of the group, how did we qualify for the Playoffs?

SMR%20Euro%20Champ%20Qual%20Playoff%20Semis%202028_zpsjnb4h9og.png

We only lost the Playoff 2-1 away.

Its not a bug, I had it while holidaying through my save. You will have won your Nations League group and you get a playoff place for Euros!

We, (and I mean the Royal We because I'm not the manager), finished 2nd, (behind Iceland).

2nd%20in%20Group_zpst0sdldpj.png

We played Armenia who topped their group.

Cyprus and Belarus won 2 of the groups and they played eachother, so Iceland should have played Armenia.

The only thing I can see that possibly explains it, is that in the rules it says the following.

Stadium%20Requirements_zpsohl2hays.png

So maybe Iceland weren't able to......... actually no. That's not it because we would have been disqualified too along with a load of other Nations.

Stadiums_zpskbkvqc09.png

Decided to fully get into this, and take a break from my save in Cyprus

We started off slowly and we've spent the majority of the season in 17th/18th, but come the second half of the season we've really kicked into gear going 6-2-1 to climb up to 15th and we'll look to consolidate into a 10-12th position with a bit of luck should the momentum continue.

c9a5a3b7c1bf75cda46c3015f8eb725b.png

First Intake had a 5* PA pure Sammarinese player but as you can see he's nothing very special, be curious to see how he winds up though and I might start playing him immediately.

7f69cfeecf018ff8cce66754091b26e0.png

Must of loaded this game up 5 times now, started unemployed etc. but San Marino don't get promoted!

Anyone else had this problem?

Yes.

We had to holiday a 2nd season.

If you look at the opening posts, you will see that we have uploaded a few different saves where San Marino are available without the need for you to holiday yourself.

Archived