Shock national team sackings

I've been participating in the Sammarinese Challenge since the Beta came out. For those of you who dont know, it involves winning the world cup with San Marino.

In previous versions the board of the NT (national team) have been very grounded with expectations, naturally, being low. San Marino is one of the worst NTs in the world. However in this version, after taking over the job in 2017 I (and others in the challenge) found myself sacked, after the 2026 World cup qualifying campaign (ending late 2025). This is after raising the NT to 160th in the world rankings and having a job security of around 54%.

Now as this challenge is very much long term as will be raising the quality of the standard of NT players, immediate success is impossible and anything other than not losing every match in a campaign an accomplishment. With the addition of the Nations League, even easy friendly victories are now very scarce.

I am now 4 years on from my sacking, and after raising my profile in the domestic game with the SM club side, if I apply for the NT post again my application is rejected as soon as it is entered.

Will I ever be able to get the job at the NT side again. Is there a limit between how long you can manage a NT between spells? It will be disappointing if we are to only get an 8 year spell to complete the challenge

I do not recall there being a set rule, over time you might be considered again.

This was sort of the point I was asking for. There isnt any reason to continue for the next 10 seasons if Im not going to be able to take on the NT in the future as that is the main point of the challenge.

I would be better off restarting without taking the NT job from the start, but if Im only going to get 8 years regardless (success isnt going to be guaranteed whenever I take over) it renders the challenge all but pointless

I know, I have done the challenge before. People have also gone 10 years without a competitive win and still kept their jobs in older versions.

If the FA werent happy with me, why was my job security 54% at the time I got sacked?

3 people got sacked at the same point in this years version.

I won 12 of my 73 games in charge (16%). As well as taking them to a record high of 134th. My successor was also at 16% (18 games in charge) before he retired after 2 years, the guy I took over from was at 4% (22 games) and the current manager is at 10% (10 games)

Assuming that part of the reason for your query is that there was no reason given in the sacking message the only way to tell why you were sacked is for SI to step through a save from shortly before you were sacked.

I don't have a save that far back, I was sacked for my 'poor performance in the qualifying campaign'. My aim was to not be outclassed or something along those lines. We got 1 point from 8 games as the bottom seed in the group. It wasnt my worst performance in a qualifying campaign (I've gone 10 games, 0 points, 1 goal scored -42GD)

It seems as though expectations of the SMFA are too high compared to older versions. They can't have expected any more than finishing bottom of the group when we are bottom seeds

I started a new game and went on holiday indefinitely to see how the AI managers got on as the manager of the National side. There seems to be a trend appearing.

San%20Marino_%20History%20Managers_zpsjdqt2swq.png

I added all players from SM so that the SM NT was available to manage

Archived