FM16 The Sammarinese Challenge.

I've just noticed that the person responsible for my Youth Intakes is actually my Ass Man. :herman:

SMR%20Youth%20Development%20Nov%202024_zpszxghhu6q.png

That wasn't the plan. :(

Ass Man.

SMR%20Ass%20Man_zps2fqbnozl.png

HoYD.

SMR%20HoYD_zpspyhlezpl.png

Now I just have to decide who I actually want to do the job, because quite frankly, the Ass Man has produced a couple of belters in the past couple of seasons.

This is my post from earlier in the thread.

Should have left as was. :(

[Edit]

Yeah, I could have just been due a poor intake, but either way, it wasn't good.

I'm really desperate for a striker.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 2025/2026 Review

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-9_zpsb8teupdt.png

League Table

(Photbucket seems to be playing up on me so I cant post the table right now)

This is possibly the dullest season of my career so far. We moved into 3rd place after 14 games and didnt move up or down for the rest of the season. We just plodded on about our business, whilst Juve blew it in the last few weeks to concede the title to Roma.

Despite getting to the semi finals of the Champions League, we slipped in the European Co-effs and will now have to play 2 qualifying matches to make it to the group stages. The Serie A also slipped behind the Portugese Premier League into 6th place in the competition rankings. (Does anyone know how to make improve on this? I would have guessed that performing well in Europe would help, but POR only had 1 side in the knockout stages last season and ITA had 4?)

End of Season Awards

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-8_zpsjlyd4ht6.png

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

TIM Cup Fixtures

Champions League Fixtures

Youth Intake

San%20Marino%20Calcio%20Youth%20Candidates_%20Squad%20Players_zpsawgpixlm.png

Next Season

We will move into our new stadium this season so we will be getting much more revenue. Also we have a new main kit sponser for the first time since the save began. It is worth 11 times as much as the old one! :eek:

We must keep hold of our star players to keep moving up. I have already fought off interest from Man City for our player of the season for last year, by rejecting their offer for a small fee of £57,000,000. Looking back I was probably foolish to turn that kind of money down. Too late now though :lol:

I need another good season in Europe to try and drag ITA back up in the competition rankings.

Think I might join in here but hope it's okay that I'm using a database that has Serie D loaded, the actual file goes down to Prima Categoria so I've opted to load down to there. To start off there is a hell of a lot of dead weight in the youth teams so I'll be getting rid of all of them and then not replace them as I'm going to be doing this as a Youth Only challenge as well as hopefully having a goalscoring goalkeeper!

d5cc8ba14b5749941d7c31e6477973e6.png

891f5ae694e05153227a7b9a2dfe1848.png

0a301f516e36108cc9c86a021ed75b74.png

Think I might join in here but hope it's okay that I'm using a database that has Serie D loaded, the actual file goes down to Prima Categoria so I've opted to load down to there. To start off there is a hell of a lot of dead weight in the youth teams so I'll be getting rid of all of them and then not replace them as I'm going to be doing this as a Youth Only challenge as well as hopefully having a goalscoring goalkeeper!

I've really enjoyed some of your old threads but now..... I think I love you! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n701uBjQUqs "]

Feel free to pop in and gloat if you get a goal-scoring GK!

Unlucky gameportz, It seems as though that qualifying campaign is the trigger point. I was sacked at the same point, despite having 'Secure' job security. I hope you decide to give it another go one day :thup:

Regards your sacking from the club side, what did you set as your season expectations?

I'm sure I'll come back to it at some point, but like I said I've become attached to my manager so will just continue on for a bit seeing where my career takes me.

Regarding the club side, the expectations were to avoid relegation. Still think I would have saved them.

I've just played the last game of the 2025/6 league season.

We were 2nd and 2 points behind Lanciano going into the last game. They had a better goal difference and were on good form and we have been stumbling recently. I guess I'm feeling a little negative after making and then losing the playoffs last season so I decided that as I had a couple of injuries and a few fitness issues I would just rotate almost the whole team, (I rotated 1x centre half, both full backs, 1x central midfielder, both wingers, my AP and the SC. The only players that kept their place were 1x DC, 1x MC and of course my GK.

I didn't even play the match and instead just pressed "IR".

The plan was that we would just save our powder for the Playoffs. I've got form for resting players with the idea of big games coming up and it has served me well over the years. Additionally, well it just gives me an opportunity to give some of the other players a game.

Imagine my astonishment when I was met with this page.

SMR%20Serie%20B%20Champions_zpsqmnsslzb.png

Not only had we smashed 5 goals past someone, a striker had scored 4 goals in 1 match, (we had 4 players including our GK tied on 7 goals each for top goal-scorer this season before the match), but top of the table Lanciano were 3-1 up at HT and ended up losing 4-3 to gift us the title.

It gets even more astonishing though when I went to look at the goals.

First of all we went behind to a good cross to the far post that gave the GK no chance.

Then we drew level as our AF(a) just out-paced the defensive line to cut back across the GK.

Then this happened to put us 2-1 up. (Yes, that's our GK taking that indirect free-kick for his 3rd assist of the season).

[video=youtube;dUj0GwxvwGU]

Then this happened to make it 3-1 and secure a hat-trick for our striker. (Yes, that's our GK taking that indirect free-kick for his 4th assist of the season).

[video=youtube;4p8AR0Grld0]

When the next highlight started again with a GK taking free-kick highlight I couldn't believe my eyes, but they actually cleared the ball before we recycled possession and stuck it away for number 4.

I will do a full season summary as usual over the next couple of days, but can forget winning the league like this if you can. Imagine winning the league like this and our GK playing such a pivotal outfield role? Absolutely mental!

There have been 5 players which we have produced and then lost who I am eager to re-sign.

SMR%20Shortlist_zpskxmuhlts.png

Diawara came through before my time at the club and for some reason is not classed as HG at club. I'm not sure where we got an African player from, (yes, Africa, I know), but he is still classed as a produvt of the academy for my purposes.

SMR%20Diawara%20May%202026_zpspvyfugfo.png

SMR%20Diawara%20History%20May%202026_zps7ft9y2hs.png

It's highly unlikely that he will join us in Serie B, but that mean I won't try as he gets older.

SMR%20Pennisi%20May%202026_zpsit21byoo.png

SMR%20Pennisi%20History%20May%202026_zpspwtlgfos.png

Ignoring his value, (and I haven't even looked at his wage yet), as we are now playing in the same league as this guy, (and we are his favourite club to play for), then there is every chance that we might re-sign him in the near future.

SMR%20Longo%20May%202026_zpslzrvflkr.png

SMR%20Longo%20History%20May%202026_zps6jd68lka.png

Longo is playing at a club who are mid-table in Serie C and has 1 year remaining on his contract. While he's not brilliant, he would still be a big player for us and I will be looking to secure his services for our Serie B campaign.

SMR%20Marino%20May%202026_zps40166vav.png

SMR%20Marino%20History%20May%202026_zpsypagzpzi.png

Marino has the potential to be a special player for us, but I'm just not sure in what position. With jumping of only 6 and standing only 5'10", I was always too scared to play him at centre-half, and I instead opted to play him at right back where we had an opening. This exposure to senior football obviously aided his development and at the age of 22 he is already on 50 Caps for (SMR). The problem is that he is even less of a right back than he is a centre-half. That being said, an average rating of 7.13 playing in Serie A at centre-half, (and finishing 6th with Padova), suggests I haven't a clue what I am talking about and I should have just played him at centre-half from the off. Oh hang on.... He's not playing in Serie A at all. He's playing in Serie C/A. Excellent! That means there is every chance of re-signing him and working out how best to play him and where!

the SM and Scoring keeper seem to go hand in hand... Looking forward to the rivalry :)

Well don too Jimbokav, for winning the title. It has been a hard slog but it is slowly paying off. It looks like one hell of a challenge and immensely fun.

I will be honest, I am struggling with mine and Canini still likely has around 10 years left... i might start to sim more often and just try and get through it at the expense of his goals per season dropping.

the SM and Scoring keeper seem to go hand in hand... Looking forward to the rivalry :)

Well don too Jimbokav, for winning the title. It has been a hard slog but it is slowly paying off. It looks like one hell of a challenge and immensely fun.

I will be honest, I am struggling with mine and Canini still likely has around 10 years left... i might start to sim more often and just try and get through it at the expense of his goals per season dropping.

The last few seasons I played of my Lucio save I would IR a lot of games and really only manage the bigger games myself.

The best advice I can give you is to describe how I did it. I started off just using IR for games where it was very likely we would win whatever. THis might be early European rounds or 2nd legs when we had scored well in 1st leg.

I then moved it on to home games againSt weaker opposition. Then I think I went all home games against everyone except Napoli in the league and home games before Quarters in Europe, (depending on who I was drawn against).

In the end I was using for all games except Napoli and Semis onwards in Cups and Europe.

Its not either or. You don't have to IR all games.

End of Season 2015/16

MlDq6md.png?1

hGNTfI5.png?1

xvGfMAc.png?1

League Fixtures 1 ~ League Fixtures 2

An amazing season as we were predicted to finish down in 8th and it was even better to see that our goalkeeper won the prize for goal of the season with the goal that was featured a wee bit higher on the page, he did score another outfield goal which you shall see just below:

[video=youtube_share;QsKdWxT2s7A]

Yep, we send him forwards on corners.

DTxdQhs.png?1

My first piece of silverware! A narrow game but we managed to win 6-5 on penalties although our goalkeeper didn't get a chance to take any which is a shame.

Squad:

Ao0xOrp.png?1

tci61Mg.png?1

Key Players:

Souleymane Camara

Simone Braccini

Sasa Cicarevic

Pierluigi Baldazzi

Youth Intake:

I forgot to take the screenshot of all of them on youth candidates day but here are the best of the bunch.

8RrekFN.png

hcYTray.png

TFv5FBd.png

S1Esrc1.png

QICtNFx.png

jiGmbbm.png

We have a decent goalkeeper! And his penalty taking attribute is "10"!

EDIT:

Unfortunately, even though I've been careful with the wages and have been under the budget for this season it's all changed for next season:

3ccb6e4383d4434d8ef41de1bef139a2.png

We're already ranked 14th in terms of salary per annum, looks like we need to be 19th or 20th by next season...

b84936a098247e45e4740f1ab907ec61.png

9f4f0edbb2fedc56a047df06d1475d6e.png

our goalkeeper won the prize for goal of the season with the goal that was featured a wee bit higher on the page

I'm so jelous.

I mean proper seething rage jelousy! :lol:

DD Spoletina looks to have something about him.

What's Paolo Brega's PA like?

Congrats on a good finish and was that the Serie D Cup you won?

I have no idea what his actual PA is but he has 4 1/2* potential, so hopefully good enough for this level/ the level above although the coach reports just say he could "improve a lot in the future". And yes it was the Serie D Cup :)

Cool. Yeah, by PA I just meant stars.

San Marino club side. End of Season 2019/20 update. Lega Pro B, (Serie C/B).

SMR%20Season%20Review_zpsaslk4no7.png

I am still not managing the NT side yet, (I have enough on my plate).

League Table.

SMR%20League%20Table%20May%202026_zpsp96aqjgi.png

We won the league at the death on the last game of the season as I finally accepted that we were not going to overturn a 2 point deficit, picked an almost fully rotated squad and IR'd the final game. We won 5-1, leaders Lanciano lost and we were Champions. I was really looking to rest players with a view to being in good condition for the Playoffs and the next thing I knew we were Champions. With forethought and planning like that, I have absolutely no doubt that I am indeed the man to take this club onwards to greatness.

League Graph.

SMR%20League%20Graph%20May%202026_zpsncs0u3vv.png

League Fixtures 1.

League Fixtures 2.

League Fixtures 3.

Cup Fixtures.

League History.

SMR%20League%20History%20May%202026_zpsf1bzpb9o.png

Well progress has been steady at least. We have maybe stalled at times when individual players have been unavailable and we are still very limited in certain areas, (mostly up front).

Facilities.

Board Confidence.

SMR%20Board%20Confidence%20May%202026_zpsbogmnhp7.png

81% and untouchable sounds great, but they still won't give me more than a 1 year contract.

Finances.

£1.6M overdrawn at the bank, £2.8M invested last year just to cover running costs, an additional £2.6M invested this year just to keep us slowly drowning and a consolidation of loan still outstanding in the amount of £300,000. Things are not looking good financially. Promotion will mean that there will be increased revenue in certain areas but from what I can remember it's actually Serie B that is actually the greatest drain on resources and it's not until we reach Serie A that we start paying off debt and making a profit. All the players will have a pay increase as a result of promotion and while that is usually a cost that we are willing to pay, my preference for a ridiculously large squad, (in order to benefit the larger (SMR) pool of players), is possibly a price too high. I will be looking to off-load a lot of the deadwood, but there will certainly be some players kept who have no chance of featuring in the Senior Squad. The reality is that we have to fund the development of the NT. It's just a cost that we have to wear.

SMR%20Finances%20May%202026_zpsfld2wlyg.png

SMR%20Investments%20May%202026_zpshyurq3vw.png

SMR%20Debt%20amp%20Loans%20May%202026_zpse9c1htfa.png

Goal-scoring GK watch.

SMR%20Goal-scoring%20GKs%20May%202026_zpsahqncntm.png

SMR%20All-TIme%20GKs%20May%202026_zps3u07ja4v.png

8 goals from 38 games is a goal every 4.75 games which is certainly none to shabby. f he had converted the 3 missed pens then it would have been a goal every 3.45 games which is VERY impressive, but we have to remember that this is a title-winning season and as such it's not something that we should expect to replicate immediately in Serie B. I have toyed with the idea of exploiting some space at attacking corners, but it's really something that we should look to do when we are likely to be on the back foot as much as we expect to be next season in Serie B. It's probably something that I will look to introduce when and if we reach Playoff levels in Serie B.

End of Season Awards.

SMR%20End%20of%20Season%20Awards%20May%202026_zpsbehcptx2.png

Fans Player of Season.

SMR%20Tosi%20May%202026_zpsltcfjumw.png

It's the 4th successive season that Tosi has won the award and on each occasion he has also won the Young Player of the Year award. He's one of my 1st names on the tea,-sheet in a central midfield position that is actually a position of relative strength.

Goal of the season.

[video=youtube;wnl8P-DrnuE]

This is an absolute belter. I knew that others had found success with this sort of tactic, but I've gone a little further than the norm and really stretched things a bit. It's this sort of area that I am considering exploiting with my GK in future. The key seems to be keeping players away from the receiver, (which is none too easy).

Signing of the Season.

I'm not going to bother showing you a picture of Di Rosa, but I will show you his history to prove that he is a product of our academy. He was signed to add depth in case in injury and we didn't need to use him. He will be released before the start of our Serie B campaign. The only reason he was released in the first place was that I was really haggling over his contract and he left before I persuaded him to re-sign.

SMR%20Di%20Rosa%20History%20May%202026_zpst8tyaxcm.png

Young Player of the Season.

Again Tosi won this for a 4th year in a row.

Top Goalscorer.

SMR%20Top%20Goalscorer%20May%202026_zpshfs8zuxa.png

Most Assists.

SMR%20Most%20Assists%20May%202026_zps1raie7wi.png

Highest Average Rating.

SMR%20Highest%20AVG%20rating%20May%202026_zpsdt5bbbay.png

Transfers.

SMR%20Transfers%20May%202026_zpsy7ogko8t.png

There will be a LOT of other players leaving the club during the close season.

2020 Youth Day.

As mentioned previously, it really was a very poor intake.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%202026_zpsvqjoba3f.png

I haven't bothered taking a pic of (26a) Mariotti (Bal) (2026). It's really not worth it.

The board keep offering me just a 1 year contract and I am worried that if I am relegated from Serie B next season then the board may let me go.

As a result, when the 1st round of negotiations came round I stuck to my guns and refused to accept a 1 year deal. When the 2nd round of negotiations came round, I was feeling brave, and emboldened by our promotion I immediately said I wanted a 2 year deal and that it was non-negotiable.

SMR%20New%20Contract_zpsguqz5hiv.png

Just the 7 days to spare. :lol:

Typical that Photobucket goes down just when I want to post this.

My best prospect from the 2025 Intake Valli is making waves. He was instrumental in getting us promoted last season and although he has 18 months remaining on his contract, (I've just remembered that I also have an additional 2 year option that I can take up which isn't active at the moment. I think I can only activate that after he turns 18).

Anyway, there were lots of bids for £250k(ish and then £300k and then £500k and then I decided to offer him out for something ridiculous like...

£0.5M up front

£1.2M over 12 months.

£0.5M after 10 INT appearances, (he's already capped by (SMR).

25% of re-sale value, (not profit)

£100k after each league appearance for 10 matches.

£100k after 10 goals.

The problem though is that while I can go and invest in facilities, I can't go out and buy a replacement and he's that good that we wouldn't have got promoted without him and while we have a very slight chance of avoiding relegation with him, we have almost zero chance of avoiding relegation without him.

With that in mind I'm not sure I can even put a price on his 17 year old head at the moment so I also asked to loan him back until the end of next season, (so 24 months away almost).

The game decided that the above equalled a £1.6M offer so it changed my valuation to that, (I can't work out the maths but I suppose it's just counting the £0.5M up front and the 100k over 12 months which should be £1.2M which should bring us to £1.7M, (but anyway).

So I have decided that unless I get him loaned back then he isn't going.....

Now Lazio have just offered.....

£475,000 up front.

A friendly.

£525,000 over 12 months.

£350,000 after 10 league games.

£350,000 after 10 league goals.

£350,000 after 5 INT games, (he has 3 caps already).

20% profit from his re-sale.

Now adding that little lot up in my head.....

£2050,000 + 20% re-sale and a friendly against a mid-table Serie A side who will sell-out our 5,000 capacity stadium bringing in somewhere in the region of another £65,000.

The problem is that it's non-negotiable and they don't want to loan him back for even 12 months and I wanted 24.

Decisions decisions decisions.

Typical that Photobucket goes down just when I want to post this.

My best prospect from the 2025 Intake Valli is making waves. He was instrumental in getting us promoted last season and although he has 18 months remaining on his contract, (I've just remembered that I also have an additional 2 year option that I can take up which isn't active at the moment. I think I can only activate that after he turns 18).

Anyway, there were lots of bids for £250k(ish and then £300k and then £500k and then I decided to offer him out for something ridiculous like...

£0.5M up front

£1.2M over 12 months.

£0.5M after 10 INT appearances, (he's already capped by (SMR).

25% of re-sale value, (not profit)

£100k after each league appearance for 10 matches.

£100k after 10 goals.

The problem though is that while I can go and invest in facilities, I can't go out and buy a replacement and he's that good that we wouldn't have got promoted without him and while we have a very slight chance of avoiding relegation with him, we have almost zero chance of avoiding relegation without him.

With that in mind I'm not sure I can even put a price on his 17 year old head at the moment so I also asked to loan him back until the end of next season, (so 24 months away almost).

The game decided that the above equalled a £1.6M offer so it changed my valuation to that, (I can't work out the maths but I suppose it's just counting the £0.5M up front and the 100k over 12 months which should be £1.2M which should bring us to £1.7M, (but anyway).

So I have decided that unless I get him loaned back then he isn't going.....

Now Lazio have just offered.....

£475,000 up front.

A friendly.

£525,000 over 12 months.

£350,000 after 10 league games.

£350,000 after 10 league goals.

£350,000 after 5 INT games, (he has 3 caps already).

20% profit from his re-sale.

Now adding that little lot up in my head.....

£2050,000 + 20% re-sale and a friendly against a mid-table Serie A side who will sell-out our 5,000 capacity stadium bringing in somewhere in the region of another £65,000.

The problem is that it's non-negotiable and they don't want to loan him back for even 12 months and I wanted 24.

Decisions decisions decisions.

Say no deal all you need is a cup run i earned £900k from one cup game :eek:

2016/17 Season Review

2ef0b6ae8d090a5352bbc1a1b8170834.png

iWq9LZH.png?1

9XYD9q5.png?1

merCz4Z.png?1

League Fixtures 1

League Fixtures 2

Again close but no cigar, we finished 3rd for the 2nd year having scored and conceded more than last season, I'm still very happy with how we performed throughout the season, there were some big games for the neutrals!

tCgW38X.png?1

Key Players:

Souleymane Camara

Simone Braccini

Sasa Cicarevic

WK6ktea.png?1

Best Youth Candidates:

p49CYej.png

0YR8DR3.png

8T5XWAV.png

7yRUEB4.png

GHc79iJ.png

pZpnSIi.png

im5Aj7R.png

1hN3rzd.png

Ja8u7j0.png

tXEZEVr.png

Did anyone else find that while playing in Serie C, you were given the option to postpone League matches for International call-ups, but in Serie B you don't get the option?

I have 30+ players called up for INT duty each time and it obviously decimates the squad. We have already played 1 Serie B game with a hugely weak squad and I just assumed that I had missed the message, (despite trying to go back and find it and nothing showing up).

Well it has just happened again and this time I know I haven't missed any messages.

6 injuries to senior squad.

1 suspension to senior squad.

2 players recovering from injury in senior squad.

12 of senior squad on INT duty

Basically I'm short of the following.

1st choice GK.

2nd choice DL.

2nd choice DR.

1st & 3rd choice DC.

1st, 2nd, 3rd & 5th choice MC.

No ML's.

1st and 3rd choice MR's.

1st choice AMC.

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th choice SC's. (I guess it strikerless then!)

Did anyone else find that while playing in Serie C, you were given the option to postpone League matches for International call-ups, but in Serie B you don't get the option?

I have 30+ players called up for INT duty each time and it obviously decimates the squad. We have already played 1 Serie B game with a hugely weak squad and I just assumed that I had missed the message, (despite trying to go back and find it and nothing showing up).

Well it has just happened again and this time I know I haven't missed any messages.

6 injuries to senior squad.

1 suspension to senior squad.

2 players recovering from injury in senior squad.

12 of senior squad on INT duty

Basically I'm short of the following.

1st choice GK.

2nd choice DL.

2nd choice DR.

1st & 3rd choice DC.

1st, 2nd, 3rd & 5th choice MC.

No ML's.

1st and 3rd choice MR's.

1st choice AMC.

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th choice SC's. (I guess it strikerless then!)

I only spent one season in the Serie B, so I cant really remember. It didnt affect me in the way it has you though, that is a horrendous situation to be in. You could have that for up to about 8 games throughout the season!

Nice to see people doing well with the challenge

I've had a few weeks off. Last season we got in to the Champions league. I came fourth in the group, which prompted me to change from the all out attack strategy I had employed from the start of the challenge. Needless to say, the switch propelled us to the top of the league, with half a season to go. Full update coming tonight

Season 2026/2027 Review

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-4_zpsgjym0kic.png

League Table

Serie%20A%20TIM_%20Overview%20Stages_zpstd816lyq.png

This was a great battle of a season. With Juve having an off season it was between us and Roma for the title and it went right down to the wire. This was a nice piece of news.

The Serie A moved back up into 5th place on the competition rankings and also moved up in the co-eff rankings, overtaking POR in both

End Of Season Awards

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-3_zpsha9zhsiz.png

I dont know what my CDM has to do to get into the ToS. My back-up CM made it in ahead of him

League Fixtures 1

League Fixtures 2

Cup Fixtures

Rubbish defence of this cup

Champions League Fixtures

We were brilliant throughout the competition. It turns out however, Man City are quite good :lol:

Youth Intake

San%20Marino%20Calcio%20Youth%20Candidates_%20Squad%20Players_zpsgbelipsi.png

Next Season

I'm happy with my squad after this season, so I will be investing a little in some high potential youngsters rather than making mass changes. Some players will be on the move

We want to be challenging for the title again. The board are still happy with a mid table position though.

Our training facilities and youth facilities are being upgraded once again

As I mentioned in my season update, our youth facilities have been upgraded again taking them up to 'Excellent' standard. We also have 'Exceptional' Junior Coaching and 'Well Established' Youth Recruitment.

The board always rejects my original request for all of these things to be upgraded but I always use the 'after all Ive done for this club option' and they always give in :D

Anyway, seeing as this challenge is all about the getting the SMR National Side to the top of the world (despite my sacking) I thought I would post up the best 3 SMR players to come through my academy in my 10 years at the club.

Marco Bianchi

Marco%20Bianchi_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsrqfltkal.png

Marco%20Bianchi_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsp53871nf.png

Marco came through in my first intake and has come the closest out of everyone to making the cut in the club side. He was DN and has only recently chose to represent SMR at national level. He is currently rated as a good player for Serie B sides.

Fabio Moretti

Fabio%20Moretti__zpsrtc0ysqf.png

Fabio%20Moretti_%20Overview%20Profile_zpspjlxnjpn.png

Fabio came through in the 2019/2020 season. I made him captain of the NT whilst I was still in charge, however has not made an appearance for the club side. Mostly due to us being promoted to the Serie A the season he came through and I didnt feel I could risk putting him in the side.

Cristian Mazza

Cristian%20Mazza_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsfxb7jjjc.png

Cristian%20Mazza_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsxpclvt7h.png

Cristian has come on leaps and bounds since coming through the youth system in the 2021/2022. He hasnt played for the club side yet, but is rated as being'very well suited to Serie A football'. He is on loan to a Ligue 1 team this season (top French division) so this could be a very big year to see how he gets on. He could well be a player to make it into my plans.

I think if I were still in charge of the NT, these 3 would be getting abit more of a chance at the club. It is difficult to warrant playing them though.

dan_lcfc.

I'm surprised that some of your (SMR) talent doesn't even get to feature from the bench.

Mazza could surely feature from the bench at home against poorer opposition with the game already won? (I would be forcing the issue I think even if it cost me the title.)

Has Moretti got much more room to improve?

Bianchi is certainly decent and I would be sticking him on the bench too, (but you are right that he is short of the mark).

Haven't you got any feeder clubs that you can stick them all into? Championship or maybe..... Belgium level league would work I think.

[Edit]

(Bal) to (F.Pro)

(Pro) to (M.Pro)

(Pro) to (Pro)

That's excellent work, (and lucky), with 2 Pro's to start off with from 3 of your best products. I'm sooooo jelous. :thup:

dan_lcfc.

I'm surprised that some of your (SMR) talent doesn't even get to feature from the bench.

Mazza could surely feature from the bench at home against poorer opposition with the game already won? (I would be forcing the issue I think even if it cost me the title.)

Has Moretti got much more room to improve?

Bianchi is certainly decent and I would be sticking him on the bench too, (but you are right that he is short of the mark).

Haven't you got any feeder clubs that you can stick them all into? Championship or maybe..... Belgium level league would work I think.

[Edit]

(Bal) to (F.Pro)

(Pro) to (M.Pro)

(Pro) to (Pro)

That's excellent work, (and lucky), with 2 Pro's to start off with from 3 of your best products. I'm sooooo jelous. :thup:

It wasnt untill posting this up that I realised how much Mazza has improved. I dont play with an AM© and my AM ranks him as my 8th best M©.

Bianchi has played 62 games in the Serie A for us, with another 52 in the Serie B and C. The winger department has become my strongest area over the last 2 seasons (my 1st choice LW and RW scored 19 goals each last year) so he has just been fazed out a little.

Moretti is close to his full potential. I like to play with a high line and I felt he never had the pace to play in the Serie A with us. I'm having a little injury crisis at CB at the moment though and if he were at the club he would certainly be on the bench.

The screenshots of Bianchi and Moretti were taken before they went out on loan to Serie B sides.

Im not sure how to get a feeder team in a different country? Whenever I ask, they just come back with ITA sides

It wasnt untill posting this up that I realised how much Mazza has improved. I dont play with an AM© and my AM ranks him as my 8th best M©.

I wasn't playing with an AMC until Valli came through. In the end I just had to squeeze him in somewhere and didn't want it to be up top so a change of formation it was.

It's actually worked really well for us as he just about dragged us to the title last season and although less influential this season because he has missed so many games, he's still the reason for a lot of our points.

I wouldn't have changed to 1 up and 1 in behind without him coming through so thank God!

I'd be tempted to activate target leagues.

I've got the Championship loaded already (I like to follow Leicester's results and they got relegated :D) Ive got the top leagues loaded also (ENG,SPA,FRA,GER) and nearly all other top leagues as 'View Only'

I tried to choose a Championship team but they couldnt make a deal and now I cant ask again. I'll ask again next time I can see what I can come up with

I did wonder if it was Leicester or Lincoln. :lol:

Maybe you just need to keep asking. At some point you will have enough feeders in Italy at whatever level and the board will look elsewhere.

Its not all fun and games being a City fan. I cant stop getting nose bleeds :lol::lol:

I will keep trying. Worst case scenario is I never have to remember to arrange friendlies in pre season :lol:

End of Season 2017/18

108c5b123148f75f374add0c0d358b39.png

eb784f0d95df87f42b1ed4cfc89cc071.png

e5c2cab3cfb7e51f3eff4f376e7cbc62.png

1523a6bd0bb3d94aba5c7fad025962ee.png

Not so good of a season this year, but we finished in our predicted position so maybe we've just been over-achieving for the last 2 seasons, roll on next season where I expect more of the same, which I don't really mind to be honest. I think I may overhaul the staff a fair bit though.

0db1d621ef153dccad145da215ae1d31.png

Key Players:

d4fbf9026783e304604753980c09a9b1.png

b715088116e1f5634f6c9ad7cc1da777.png

06bd5a60ce340214f7cb7a9b8a5ac9ea.png

They may have only been here since March but YP3a & YP3b have already made a big impact, I've made a formation change to 4-2-3-1 and well, the stats speak for themselves, I hope I don't lose them in pre-season!!

2021/22 Season Report - Serie A

We started OK, have defeat away to Palermo was a sign of things to come. Our all-out attacking stategy was starting to falter. It took until after the Champions League group stages for me to implement a more solid formation. From that point on, we only lost two games, one in the cup, one in the league. We went on to win the league by a point. We also did the double, beating Inter in the Italian Cup

Key Players

| Andrea Conti | Kelechi Iheanacho |

Conti got the highest amount of assists in Serie A this season and also won our player of the year. Way too many yellow cards though and is a bit of a liability. Kelechi was unreal as always, finishing as top goalscorer with 29 goals in the league. Shame he missed our entire Champions League campaign with injury as he would have made a big difference.

Youth Players

| Mattia Giorgetti |

Our best youth player yet. Scouts tip him to become a Serie A Attacking Midfielder.

Club Info

| Squad | Finances | Transfers |

We spent a lot this season, we needed two new midfielders, a defender and a keeper, by January we had all 4. We also had a huge clear out of dead wood. All for free's unfortunately. The board announced the plans for a new 16k seater stadium, opening in Spring '24 and we did well in the end of season awards.

Next Season Targets

- Get out of the Champions League Group Stages

- Continue to improve the youth facilities

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]Season[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Final Position[/TD]

[TD]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2017/18[/TD]