FM16 The Sammarinese Challenge.

Jimbo, you mentioned earlier that you are using an Instant Result skin. What exactly does it do? Does it just put you on holiday for one day? And does it use your match tactics for the whole game?

Im thinking about using one for the NT games where we are playing the top seeded sides when we have no chance. Its a waste of time whilst we are waiting to produce some better talent.

Sorry for the late response. I tried to respond at work but it got quite involved and then my phone decided to log me off.

No. It's not like going on holiday for the day, (well not exactly).

FOr those of you who don't know, FMC has a feature called Instant Result, (IR), that allows you to simulate games rather than play them. It is not designed to be available for the full fat version of the game, (which is what I play), but nevertheless it is available on some skins. It doesn't wok fully though, (and nor will it in the future because SI don't want it available as a full fat feature). In FMC you can create things called "Game-Plans", (at least that's what I think they're called), and it allows you to stipluate what tactical changes, (including tactical substitutions), you will make at a certain time in the match given a specific current result or even actual score-line. (SO the game will do 1 thing if you are losing 1-0, something else if you are drawing 0-0, a 3rd thing if you are winning 1-0 and IF you have bothered to instruct it, even different things at 2-0, 3-0 or a 5-0 score-line). The thing is, (and this is a thing), is that if you set a game-plan thingy in full fat, then when you suffer a red injury and aplayer needs to be replaced, well the game can't cope and it fails to replace the injured player. That's not a risk that I want to take, (and nor do many), so what we do is play without a game-plan and trust that whatever tactic and pre-game instructions we set will do the job against whatever the AI has to offer.

When you are not overly bothered about the individual result and more concerned with longer-term development, (that's me in this save right?), then this sort of fits.

I used it to great effect in FM14 in (GIB) for domestic games right from the off, and I also used it in my FM14 San Marino save, (after we became dominant), but I will freely admit that it is bloomin hard work creating and adapting a tactic like this because you have to rely completely on stattage and just the goal highlights. It means altering the tactic even slightly can be a very slow and laborious exercise, (but hugely satisfying).

This season I have dispensed with the IR, (I decided that it was time for a more hands-on approach, and although performances have been better, we are still not pulling up any trees and we will have to perform well in the run-in just to make the Play-Offs.

It's certainly worth dabbling with if you have never seen it before.

Apologies for my absence from the thread. Work has been busy over Christmas/New Year and I'm even working at the weekend so..... :(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm no tactical guru, but something happened that I just had to share.

We played a league game in the aftermath of the Youth Intake and I resisted temptation to involve new youngster (25a) Valli (SMR) (Det) (2025). I'm really keen to push on in the league and I need to stop getting side-tracked about "blooding youth" and instead just keep picking the best players irrespective of age. Often in this save, our form has nose-dived after the Youth Intake as I am enticed by the potential of future possibilities and I am determined not to make the same mistake again.

The Cup is different though and we find ourselves with a Cup game immediately afterwards.

It's actually the Serie C Cup Final 1st Leg, (at home), but there used to be a saying in a place that no longer exists, that Cups suck something. While they certainly do not suck at all if you win them, this particular Cup most certainly will suck if it causes me to lose focus and costs us some modicum of league success as a result. On the other hand, if I win it, will it really matter much in the grand scheme of things? No, probably not.

So what got me prattling on you wonder?

Well I decided to pick a completely rotated starting XI, (except for (22c) Gio (SMR) (F.Det) in goal. All the outfield players who would have started if we had a league game are rested, and most don't even feature on the bench. (If you are going to do something, then do it properly!).

So recently we have been playing with a weird formation that involves 2x FB(a)'s, 2x DW(s)'s in front of them and very strangely 2x AF(a)'s up front. I really did it on a whim after reading a funny comment from Cleon about people just copying what others had done, so I changed the areas of the pitch that I wasn't happy with, (both full-backs, both winger and both strikers is quite a lot of unhappiness for cheery me!) It's working better than what I was doing before, (see, I told you I was no tactical guru), so I have stuck with it in the main, (although I have been tweaking 1 position at a time since then).

This Cup game was different though. Because I was resting everyone, (apart from the keeper), well it was a perfect opportunity to play young Valli and experiment a bit.

When I made my last post, I had sort of decided that Valli looked like a Treq(a) and the only question was whether I play him in his preferred AMC slot, or whether I threw caution to the wind and played him up front alongside someone else. What sort of of decided it for me though was the diminutive stature of young Valli. He's 5'1" and weight 7st 12 lbs, (which I might add is less than half what I weigh). With that in mind I had to think where he would most likely be able to find space, and even though he wouldn't be pushed up against a centre-half exactly if played up front, I just thought that he would be more suited playing in the hole.

SMR%20Valli_zps3kyqwqje.png

The next question I had, (I didn't want to change too much), was whether both wide midfielders playing in the ML line rather than the AML line was the way to go? I had to think about the change in dropping 1 of the AF(a)'s and replacing them with Valli at Treq(a), and how that might impact on the wide players.

SMR%20Treqa_zpsvbtlxtgq.png

Now before we move on, I will completely admit that I absolutely ignored the fact that this shows that he is not particularly suited to playing as a Treq(a) or as an EG(a). I had simply decided that he was a Treq(a). I don't remember using a Treq(a) before and I decided that I liked the idea of it. Put plainly, Treq(a) it was. As a result of me dropping a striker and replacing them with an AMC, I decided that the wide players should be given more freedom. By now I was eager to get to the game so I will freely admit that rather than thinking about this role and that role and whatever, I simply moved each DF(s) forward 1 slot and they miraculously transformed into W(s)'s. That'll do me I thought!

Let's press play.

The average positions pic for Valli suggests that it didn't make much difference whether he had the ball or not. That's not really a surprise when you think about it actually because he's going to be looking for space between the lines wherever possible and isn't really going to be interested in tracking back.

Heat%20Map%20amp%20AVG%20positions_zpszjuny3uu.png

What I did wonder though, is if he will track back and "lurk" in areas just outside the defensive zone,, (still forward of the ball) so that we can sort of spring counters on them and he can act as an outlet? I'm hoping that would happen, (but wasn't too confidant). If you look at his heat map on the graphic above, the very varied/spread map suggests that he is getting the ball in quite varied positions and does this suggest what I was hoping for? I should mention that he also has the ppm, "comes deep to get ball", so with that in mind I should be seeing him dropping deep just to "show" for the ball even if not to actually defend.

Well let's have a look where he received passes from first of all.

Passes%20received_zpsyf2xbggz.png

This initially looks like he is getting the ball pretty much all over the pitch, but actually what it shows me is that he seems particularly adept at getting free and receiving the ball at throw-ins. We had 15 throw-ins and Valli received possession from 6 of them. That seems decent to me. Maybe not Earth-shattering, but decent nevertheless. I also notice that he has dropped deep centrally on 2 occasions and that he received 2 longish balls on the edge of the penalty area.

Completed%20and%20key%20passes_zps5crvlzcb.png

His completed and key passes is a little underwhelming if I'm honest. I was expecting more, (maybe naively), and if we add in unsuccessful passes then it's even less attractive. The 2 key passes are not exactly what I would call particularly key either, (sort it out please SI).

Passes_zpsgqbztzqr.png

That's not the end of the story though. He picked up the ball in lots of wide areas, (more often than I was expecting), so let's have a look at crosses.

Crosses_zpsadn5ujai.png

This looks more promising and not what I was expecting pre-match. He's completed 4/8 crosses and that's hugely improved on my usual wide delivery %. Something that does surprise me though, is that as a righty, he was far more successful crossing from the left than he was the right, but interestingly, the 1 cross he delivered successfully from the right, resulted in this.

[video=youtube;5BvQnrnWNgg]

That doesn't tell the whole story though as this is a slightly longer clip. Slightly more impressive I think you will agree.

[video=youtube;JiicwQKWEeI]

Now firstly I particularly like the fact that he has come deep to get the ball. Would he have done it without the PPM? Well I'm not so sure, but either way it's good. Right? I will freely admit that in that long run, (he doesn't actually go past a single player so it doesn't count as a dribble), there are at least 2 absolutely appalling touches that show all the deftness and control of a rabid water-buffalo on heat. The other way of looking at it of course is that he was soooooo in control that he chose, (that's right chose), to kick the ball so far ahead of him during that run that technically he was no longer in possession, (actually some would question whether he was even near to the ball but I think that's very harsh on a young player making his debut).

Now believe it or not, that's not the full story. Yes he was pretty impressive crossing from out wide, and yes the build up to the assist was even more impressive, but I thought a Treq(a) was meant to be...... what was the wording?..... oh yeah, "but use him as the main outlet when attacking".

So let's look at his shots.

Chances_zpsxx3x1w4c.png

2 shots, 2 clear cut chances, 2 goals. :eek:

Let's have more of a look.

This is the opener. It's not that special. The ball is attacked down the right hand side and the deep cross is not cleared properly. Valli has found himself a bit of space and is in just the right position to slot home. More opportunistic than anything else though so let's not get carried away.

[video=youtube;5XoBxuDsJWM]

But here he is again with the 2nd goal. This time it's an attacking run through the middle. Granted the defending is pretty poor, (any chance of even thinking about closing him down or just getting close to him?) but that's a hell of a cool finish for a 16 year old, on debut, in a Cup Final!

[video=youtube;VYm_1X8GbTA]

So 2 goals and a a pretty good assist obviously earned him the MOM award, but did we win?

Serie%20C%20Cup%20Final%201st%20Leg_zpsx7kvmbjn.png

Damn right we did.

More than that though, we were very creative and I think that was largely down to the Treq(s), (and more attacking wide players I might add).

Match%20Stats_zpsklss8yuu.png

Really good write up there Jimbo. I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to using the newer roles (to use an FM pun), as I dont really understand the little deferences between them. (Engache and Treq for example) so I just avoid them.

A trophy is a trophy though and especially in Italy where there is only the one domestic cup after the Serie C, you can go along time without any silverware. Good luck in that second leg, although it will take something spectacular to blow it from there!

Thanks for the info in the IR skin. Ive downloaded one but I dont really like it, so Im just going to switch to it when we have got a NT game I dont want to play, then switch back to the default one.

Thanks for the info in the IR skin. Ive downloaded one but I dont really like it, so Im just going to switch to it when we have got a NT game I dont want to play, then switch back to the default one.

It's not for everyone and I don't think it's even for me in all situations, but it has helped me through the pretty grim times.

Enjoying playing games again now though.

Really good write up there Jimbo. I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to using the newer roles (to use an FM pun), as I dont really understand the little deferences between them. (Engache and Treq for example) so I just avoid them.

Thanks. I was quietly chuffed, (probably the reason for the post). I think I shy away from things, (and especially names/terms I don't understand). I really need to embrace the new roles a little more instead of shying away from them purely because a word is not well known by me.

A trophy is a trophy though and especially in Italy where there is only the one domestic cup after the Serie C, you can go along time without any silverware. Good luck in that second leg, although it will take something spectacular to blow it from there!

It's a nothing Cup though.

If it's a choice between winning the Cup and making the Playoffs then Playoffs all the way please.

It's not for everyone and I don't think it's even for me in all situations, but it has helped me through the pretty grim times.

Enjoying playing games again now though.

I do like the idea of it. If I could get the button on to the default dark skin it would be perfect. I would add it myself but I think it is a complicated process

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-7_zpsvoptm9mq.png"]Season 2024/2025 Review[/url]

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-7_zpsvoptm9mq.png

Serie%20A%20TIM_%20Overview%20Stages-2_zpssyihpqbp.png"]

League Table[/url]

Serie%20A%20TIM_%20Overview%20Stages-2_zpssyihpqbp.png

The season started well with us winning the Supercoppa. We only got one less point than last year, but at no point did we look like winning the title. Juve were very good this season. Although Roma won the Europa League this year and gained a Champions League place for their endevours, Porto won the Champions League replacing us in 5th place in the co-eff league. This means we now only have 2 auto CL places and 1 place in the qualifiers. We need to massively improve in Europe next year (all of the ITA sides) next year. The fact that we didnt have a single side in the CL knockout stage is a huge worry.

Speaking of the CL. Our finances will be a mess without the money it brings in. We have only been in it for one season, we are sitting at £21,000,000 in the bank. Where could the issue be you might think? The CL brought us in £36,000,000, including TV rights, group stage money and money for 3 group stage victories. Without that we would be £15,000,000 in the red. We only got a £4,000,000 transfer budget for next season aswell. Whilst we are waiting for our stadium to be completed (the end of next season) we are really struggling to bring in money.

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-6_zpsvbnkdorr.png"]End of Season Awards[/url]

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-6_zpsvbnkdorr.png

I dont agree with the Team of the Year at all. Jan Dosek missed 4 months through injury and his replacement scored 13 goals between Jan and the end of the year. Roberto Occhipinti should have been in a DM also.

We had some good goals in the CL however, with 2 of the top 3 goals in the Goal of the Tournament

League Fixtures 1

League Fixtures 2

European Fixtures

San%20Marino%20Calcio%20Youth%20Candidates_%20Squad%20Players_zpssvyonvmn.png"]Youth Intake[/url]

San%20Marino%20Calcio%20Youth%20Candidates_%20Squad%20Players_zpssvyonvmn.png

National Team

Uneventful year, although I still have my job at least

Aims for next year

We need the CL money so at least a 3rd place finish is a must.

I want to see us in the KO stages of the CL, to raise the co-eff

San Marino club side. End of Season 2019/20 update. Lega Pro B, (Serie C/B).

SMR%20End%20of%20Season%202025%20Review_zpskmopk7b7.png

I am still not managing the NT side yet, (I have enough on my plate).

League Table.

SMR%20League%20Table%20May%202025_zpszloon1eh.png

Brilliant. We are in the Playoffs and my decision to dispense with IR and start managing myself has been vindicated.

Serie C Playoff Table.

Playoff%20Table_zpsrn9or7as.png

Eh? So we aren't in the Playoffs after all???? That is complete and utter Michael Ballacks!

League Graph.

SMR%20League%20Graph%20May%202025_zpstpnoypkt.png

We didn't start great, then recovered before a bit of an inconsistent mid-season, before we rallied late on and secured a Playoff position(ish).

League Fixtures 1.

League Fixtures 2.

Serie C Cup Fixtures.

SMR%20Serie%20C%20Cup%20Fixtures%20May%202025_zps16b1mq8i.png

Yeah yeah it's our 1st trophy, but making the Playoffs and then missing out on the Playoffs at the same time has left a pretty nasty taste in my mouth.

SMR%20Serie%20C%20Cup%20Champions%20May%202025_zps67ly0qzr.png

League History.

SMR%20League%20History%20May%202025_zpsyh7hlbdw.png

Facilities.

Board Confidence.

SMR%20Board%20Confidence%20May%202025_zps3qqbalxl.png

77% is not too shabby at all, but it's still not enough to encourage them to offer me more than a 1 year contract.

Finances.

SMR%20Finances%20May%202025_zpss4bntmzf.png

Income - Investments.

SMR%20Income%20-%20Investments%20May%202025_zpsp4nnvvgl.png

Loans.

SMR%20Loan%20outstanding%20May%202025_zpsjbthmvny.png

Goal-scoring GK watch.

SMR%20Goal0scoring%20GK%20watch%20May%202025_zpsvubt8par.png

All-Time Goal-scoring GK watch.

SMR%20All-Time%20Goal-scoring%20GK%20watch%20May%202025_zps9xdav9m5.png

End of Season Awards.

SMR%20End%20of%20Season%20Awards%20May%202025_zpsbqeyf88d.png

Fans Player of Season.

SMR%20Tosi%20May%202025_zpstovclwi6.png

I think that's the 3rd season in a row that (20b) Tosi has collected both the Senior and Young Player of the Year awards.

Goal of the season.

[video=youtube;bThGtYN-Hz0]

There is no way that that's the best goal of the season.

Signing of the Season.

It was a player that I released and then re-signed but I'm pretty sure he didn't make even a single appearance so you are missing nothing here.

Young Player of the Season.

Top Goalscorer.

SMR%20Top%20Goal-scorer%20May%202025_zps0x9t1n2w.png

Most Assists.

SMR%20Most%20Assists%20May%202025_zpspi3pvl4c.png

Highest AVG Rating.

SMR%20Highest%20AVG%20Rating%20May%202025_zps6fafakpr.png

Best Pass %.

SMR%20Pass%20%20May%202025_zpsy7rpekfq.png

Most Yellow cards.

SMR%20Yellow%20cards%20May%202025_zps6vhp3x4d.png

Most Red cards.

SMR%20Red%20Cards%20May%202025_zpsczxjrfkc.png

Transfers.

Nobody of any note left, (nor came in), and we received no cash for any players.

SMR%20Transfers%20May%202025_zps3qyozvty.png

We still have a number of ex-players that I am keeping an eye on and would be keen to sign any of these.

SMR%20Targets%20May%202025_zpsqfvarvpb.png

There is also a DM/MC from Africa who is also HG at club and who isn't on the list, but while we are still in Serie C there probably isn't much of a chance of signing any of them anyway, (even though some of them are at other Serie C clubs).

I am considering re-signing Di Rosa, but he won't be a big player for us in any case.

2020 Youth Day.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%202025_zps4ga7q7rn.png

(25a) Valli (SMR) (Det) (2025).

SMR%20Valli%20Mar%202025_zpsy7ogppcj.png

I do like the idea of it. If I could get the button on to the default dark skin it would be perfect. I would add it myself but I think it is a complicated process

You can.

I'm pretty sure that's what I'm using.

[goes to look]

[Edit]

I'm using Wannachupbrew-Instant Result. I'm sure it's just the original Dark Skin with an IR button.

Well the facilities weren't great to start with, (Adequate), but now they have been downgraded to.... Adequate. :herman:

How does that work?

SMR%20Training%20Facilities%20downgraded_zpsmrt6vefz.png

Maybe this is the reason, (from the Ajax thread).

Training Facilities

1-3 poor

4-5 Basic

6-7 below average

8-9 adequate

10-11 average

12-13 good

14-15 great

16-17 superb

18-19 excellent

20 Top

So I'm guessing that we were at level 9 and are now at level 8. That's obviously not great, but it's not awful either.

At the end of this season we are losing one of our best players.

SMR%2019e%20Mario%20Bal%20PPM_zpsxz4ywirt.png

SMR%2019e%20Mario%20Bal%20PPM%20History_zps2f8slipg.png

He is joining Padova in Serie C/C on a free. When I first started losing by better players on free transfers I was properly distraught, (no really, I was), but I've got my head around it now over the seasons and I am just accepting that they will leave on a free while we are in Serie C, rather than selling them for a pittance with 18 months left on a contract. If and when we get to Serie B, I think things will change, but for the moment, it is what it is.

It's not quite as bad as it looks though because although he is very highly rated, he is actually a natural centre-half who isn't capable of playing there, and who is FAR more suited ti playing at full back, but even though I have been training him to play at right back, (and playing him there for the last 6 seasons), I just can't get him past Accomplished.

That in itself wouldn't be a problem because who cares just so long as he performs, but the thing is, although he is certainly decent, if I compare the match ratings between him and his back-up, then the back-up seems superior.

SMR%20DR%20depth_zpsvt1obgl2.png

I know that match ratings are flawed, but this would at least seem to suggest that (19j) Borelli (ITA) (Bal) is a better than adequate stand-in. With that in mind, Marino who? (It's also interesting that they both came through the same Youth Intake).

The flip side of the coin of course is that Marino will probably get better training and facilities at Padova and is of course going to improve for the (SMR) NT where he already has 41 Caps at the age of 21.

I would love to have him back one day, but maybe I need to be more ambitious in that why can't I get promoted next season, improve our facilities and ten produce a better right back than Marino in Marino's playing time?

[Edit]

After looking at him now, yeah I know he's not a full back, and especially not a FB(a), but he's just too short for centre-half and we couldn't afford to play him at centre-half and have him get dominated in the air. It was DR or nothing really.

You can.

I'm pretty sure that's what I'm using.

[goes to look]

[Edit]

I'm using Wannachupbrew-Instant Result. I'm sure it's just the original Dark Skin with an IR button.

Thats the one I downloaded! It seems to have had alot of updates since you must have got it

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/438975-FM16-SKIN-Wannachupbrew-FM16

Yours is perfect!

Thats the one I downloaded! It seems to have had alot of updates since you must have got it

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/438975-FM16-SKIN-Wannachupbrew-FM16

Yours is perfect!

PM me an email add and if I can work out how, I will email my original file to you. :thup: Not 100% sure if it will work, but it's worth a go.

PM me an email add and if I can work out how, I will email my original file to you. :thup: Not 100% sure if it will work, but it's worth a go.

Sent PM, thanks :thup:

Ive just noticed none of the screenshots from my season update have worked, so Im just redoing them now :lol: Do you guys prefer the hyperlinks or would you rather i put the direct screens up?

EDIT: Season update sorted :thup:

Sent PM, thanks :thup:

Ive just noticed none of the screenshots from my season update have worked, so Im just redoing them now :lol: Do you guys prefer the hyperlinks or would you rather i put the direct screens up?

EDIT: Season update sorted :thup:

I use both.

I suppose it;s down to personal preference.

Well the facilities weren't great to start with, (Adequate), but now they have been downgraded to.... Adequate. :herman:

How does that work?

SMR%20Training%20Facilities%20downgraded_zpsmrt6vefz.png

Maybe this is the reason, (from the Ajax thread).

So I'm guessing that we were at level 9 and are now at level 8. That's obviously not great, but it's not awful either.

That could be the reason but when was that list produced? My training facilities are currently 'Impressive'.

It has probably just replaced 'Superb' on that list though thinking about it

Just finished the 2024-25 season. In the league I was disappointed to finish in 6th, so next year will be my first season in Serie A without continental soccer since 2021-22 (my first year in Serie A).

xcsnzn.jpg

I don't know why the above pic doesn't show the Champs/Europa league results. In the Champion's league I got knocked out in the preliminary round by Gladbach 4-2 on aggregate. Had a fantastic run in the Europa league, beating Köln, Tottenham and Dortmund before getting thrashed by PSG in the semis. (Lost the first leg 6-0!)

Also time for a national team update. Despite not winning any games, the team performed fantastically in the European International League. I out-chanced my opponents in every single match but was undone by some rotten finishing.

So going into World Cup Qualifiers I was cautiously optimistic. I got a decent draw (my first in pot 5!), including 6 easy points against the Faeroe Islands, and Austria (who I managed to draw last round of Euro Qualification). It began with an unlucky home 1-0 home loss (4 CCCs to 1) against Northern Ireland followed by a 4-0 thrashing of the Faeroe Islands. But in June I had by far my best result as a NT manager, beating Belgium 2-1 at home. After 4 games I'm sitting in second, and I should break into the top 100 of the world rankings when they come out :D (Edit: I'm up to 83rd)

29e6csj.jpg

I am Starting this after my Youth Challenge is getting a bit meh but i will get back to it !!

Firs time doing this challenge i will be buying players but only till my youth team starts bringing through players after that its all San Marino players and all Foreign players will be sold even if they are my best players :D

Love seeing this thread with so much life! I have been away for a while and am only just loading my save up for the first time in a number of weeks!

Lots of really good progress, good to see everyone doing so well in their saves :)

NT-Sacked_zps02f950by.png

Didn't even finish bottom of our qualifying group after a victory against Azerbaijan in our final match:

WC2026Qualifying_zpsvwqkb3nb.png

Although I will accept we suffered the odd tonking.

I'm worrying for myself now. I've had a lot worse results than that and don't think I've got long. Can't remember my exact record, will look late.

Had a little break over Xmas and I got back on a couple of days ago to finish my latest season.

A poor start to this season saw me miss out on the playoffs by 1 point (feel destined not to make the move up)

Final Table:

BUVbRlQ.jpg

Season progress:

9R99Rn1.jpg

End of season awards:

0adDZEE.jpg

Season Review:

2IS0516.jpg

Somehow, despite that I still won the manager of the year for the second time, and I also survived a takeover.

xIP9FTE.jpg

Started the next season with a very strong start and one of my players is on an average of around 8.5 after 15 or so games.

Hey Guys

Well I just started this and im really looking forward to it. I have given it a crack in previous versions but never really got anywhere.

Managed to get San Marino the first Holiday I did into 2017 much like everyone else.

The man who will be taking them forward is Luca Gobbi who played 41 time for San Marino between 1990-2002.

Quick Question for everyone. I have just taken them over. How much wadge budget did you guys have at the start of your game. I have 22K and im only using 6K along with 20K transfer Budget

Let the Fun Begin

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-2_zpsdzuwt2xu.png

I think it may be wise to advise new players to avoid the NT job from the start. It seems there isnt much pleasing the FA.

Ugh this just happened to me too at exactly the same time. I don't understand - I went 3-3-4 in WCQ with a win against Belgium and draws against Austria (x2) and Wales. I was also ranked 79th at the time. Ridiculous!

Edit: I reloaded the game before my final two qualifiers and it seems the board will let you keep your job if you finish 4th or higher.

Quick update before the last game of my season, and I've finally secured a playoff spot :D

7cwNRPB.jpg

Last match is against Forli, but unfortunately there's no chance of getting automatic promotion.

YKAdrSU.jpg

My star player has been this midfield gem who has grown over the last few seasons:

8NUXsoB.jpg

On a side note, finally have a player accept a 1 week fine (3rd red card of the season):

mzHjLV9.jpg

I've finally done it :D It only took until 2024, but I have won promotion to Serie B through the Playoffs.

MO8GwXZ.jpg

PcbICv6.jpg

2qvY7SY.jpg

This is despite along the way in the Playoffs I lost my first choice GK, DM and Striker (who had scored over 30 goals for me this season) at various points to injury and set a new attendance record for the club.

Very happy it has finally happened, but dreading a very hard season ahead.

San-Marino-Calcio.png

San Marino Calcio 2025/26 Season Review

Season Review

San%20Marino%20season%209%20review.jpg

Serie A Table

Serie%20A%20table%20end%20of%20season%209.jpg

Results 1 - Results 2

Serie A Player Stats

Serie%20A%20player%20stats%20end%20of%20season%209.jpg

Transfers

Cash/Claused Deals l Free Transfers l Loan Deals

The Squad

Squad%20end%20of%20season%209.jpg

Season Awards

San%20Marino%20awards%20end%20of%20season%209.jpg

Player Of The Season

Roland Vandebroek

Roland%20Vandebroek%20end%20of%20season%209.jpg

Top Goalscorer

Federico Bonazzoli

Federico%20Bonazzoli%20end%20of%20season%209.jpg

Finances

Finances%20end%20of%20season%209.jpg

Youth Intake

Youth%20Intake%20in%20season%209.jpg

Nicola Bacciocchi l Lorenzo Muccioli l Massimo Angelini

My Thoughts

What a season !! for us this year as win do a clean sweep and win the Champions League, Serie A, Tim Cup and the Supercoppa Di Lega Tim in the ninth season under my leadership.

Roland Vandebroek won the player of the season award this year, the left wingback was sensational for us this season making 16 assists, scoring one goal and picking up 17 player of the match awards.

Federico Bonazzoli was our top goalscorer again this year.

We got three players in this seasons youth intake that could turn into very good players in Nicola Bacciocchi, Lorenzo Muccioli, Massimo Angelini. Massimo Angelini is the only one of the three not to have dual nationality, although I won't be able to take advantage of it anyway after getting sacked from the national team earlier.

We are expanding the stadium by just 1500 seats, is there really any point whatsoever, why not just increase to the maximum 30000 which is still not big enough. This is the one thing in Football Manager that really infuriates me the most and yet it still hasn't been fixed.

San Marino

San-Marino-Calcio.png

Season 1

EOY.png

My Profile

Squad/ Tactics

Finances -Bleeding Money

Transfers - whole of my Youth and u20 went out the door

League Table - also broke the record for most goals scored

Key Players

Federico - Bought from Juventus for 24K. played straight away was better than any other striker on my team he is currently linked with La Liga teams so he may not be around for long but has a £1 Mil and thats what i have set his start value so anyone wants him then thats the price

Stefanelli - I brought him back in the team as he was let go on a free but noone wanted him and he turned into the top goal scorer of the year

Bigi - Paid 22k from Prato give him a big contract so that he would sign straight away had a great year with assists now Serie A clubs are sniffing round him we will see how long i will keep him for

Youth Candidates - few players here but no one is marked due to the division and they will be replaced in couple of years

San Marino (International)

130px-Federazione_Sammarinese_Giuoco_Calcio.svg.png

Tactics/Squad

Key Games

Norway - Great game getting a few goals

Czech - played very well and earned a good point against a much better team

Results

World Rankings

I guess that's that then:

c1H6DDt.jpg

After such an impressive start, we just imploded and couldn't get any result

yv7k0E8.jpg

7 years and dropped. Maybe justifiable, but when the press asked me I slaughtered the board. Spoke well about theplayers and fans though.

Now I don't know what to do. Should I carry on as the National Manager and hope the club job comes up again, or does that go against the challenge?

EDIT: My final manager profile (doesn't look as happy as he used to):

wd63ZA3.jpg

And then they go and win the first game without me 2-0. Gutted.

I always feel that the challenge is super long term, and also primarily about the national team. It's obviously easier to improve the national team when you're the coach of the club team, but if I were you I'd continue my club career as well and hope the job opens back up again. Good luck :)

I always feel that the challenge is super long term, and also primarily about the national team. It's obviously easier to improve the national team when you're the coach of the club team, but if I were you I'd continue my club career as well and hope the job opens back up again. Good luck :)

Cheers.

I'm plodding on for the moment, but I'm tempted to add a few other countries and spread my wings a bit.

Cheers.

I'm plodding on for the moment, but I'm tempted to add a few other countries and spread my wings a bit.

That's rough.

I got relegated from Serie B in FM14 and kept my job. Then went on to achieve decent success.

I think I would would probably just activate a few new leagues and look for a job elsewhere if I were you. If the job comes up in the future then great, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, (but then again, maybe after success elsewhere who knows).

It was only a matter of time:

1QpPSq1.jpg

Another 4 games on the losing side and that's the National Side done with me. Surprised it took them this long, always thought I'd stick the club side a lot longer.

Looks like my time here is now done, but I am keeping my manager going with the Siena side as I've grown quite attached to him and this current save.

It was only a matter of time:

1QpPSq1.jpg

Another 4 games on the losing side and that's the National Side done with me. Surprised it took them this long, always thought I'd stick the club side a lot longer.

Looks like my time here is now done, but I am keeping my manager going with the Siena side as I've grown quite attached to him and this current save.

Unlucky gameportz, It seems as though that qualifying campaign is the trigger point. I was sacked at the same point, despite having 'Secure' job security. I hope you decide to give it another go one day :thup:

Regards your sacking from the club side, what did you set as your season expectations?

Unlucky gameportz, It seems as though that qualifying campaign is the trigger point. I was sacked at the same point, despite having 'Secure' job security. I hope you decide to give it another go one day :thup:

Regards your sacking from the club side, what did you set as your season expectations?

I hope you two will be able to coach San Marino again soon. I suggest that you will coach San Marino, either a club, NT or both by the time you have the option to do.:)

Youth Intake 2026.

It's a really rubbish Intake. I'd go so far as to say that it's the worst Youth Intake I have had since I started playing Youth focussed saves. All my (GIB) Intakes on FM14 were good. (I think that was largely to do with my starting level rather than the actual quality itself. It was very hard NOT to improve on what we had). IN FM16 my Intakes have so far been.... I was going to say good, but I would probably say they were good-excellent. I have been lucky up till now. Not just with the PA of players coming through, but also the personalities and especially the determination has been quite pleasing.

What comes to mind immediately is that you will remember that I had somehow, (in error), set my Ass Man to control Youth Intake, and this is the 1st full season that my HoYD has been in charge. What i will immediately be doing is swapping back and going with the Ass Man again for the next year. If we replace either the Ass Man or the HoYD then I will of course look at the situation again, but there is just no comparison to what we saw come through with the Ass Man in charge and what we have seen the HoYD produce this season.

With that in mind, (and this is something I have thought of for a long time), I wonder if the HoYD, (or whoever is responsible for new intakes), is only responsible for that 1 single intake, or whether, (as in real life), there might be a period of yers over which young players are recruited, moulded and improved, and of which the end result is the Youth Intake Day, but which has in fact been 5-6 years in the making. In an ideal World, let's say if my HoYD was in charge of Youth Intake, and I sacked him today, then I would expect his influence to be seen on players coming through the system for a number of seasons because he wouldn't have only been recruiting players only at age 15/16, but there would be a whole system and aged group platform behind that. I would like to think that FM takes that into account, but I'm not so sure.

That being said, if I have the HoYD in charge of Youth Intake and keep him in charge for the whole season, and then replace him 1 day before the intake with someone else, (my Ass Man for example), then who would have most influence over the Youth Intake that season? The HoYD who worked for 364 days at the club bringing the young players through? or the Ass Man who was in charge for just 1 day and compiled the report for me? I would like to think it's the HoYD, but again, I think it's probably the Ass Man, (which is a shame).

In any case, the HoYD is having his duties reduced and the Ass Man will again be in charge of Youth Intakes.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%202026_zpsvqjoba3f.png

Youth Intake 2026.

It's a really rubbish Intake. I'd go so far as to say that it's the worst Youth Intake I have had since I started playing Youth focussed saves. All my (GIB) Intakes on FM14 were good. (I think that was largely to do with my starting level rather than the actual quality itself. It was very hard NOT to improve on what we had). IN FM16 my Intakes have so far been.... I was going to say good, but I would probably say they were good-excellent. I have been lucky up till now. Not just with the PA of players coming through, but also the personalities and especially the determination has been quite pleasing.

What comes to mind immediately is that you will remember that I had somehow, (in error), set my Ass Man to control Youth Intake, and this is the 1st full season that my HoYD has been in charge. What i will immediately be doing is swapping back and going with the Ass Man again for the next year. If we replace either the Ass Man or the HoYD then I will of course look at the situation again, but there is just no comparison to what we saw come through with the Ass Man in charge and what we have seen the HoYD produce this season.

With that in mind, (and this is something I have thought of for a long time), I wonder if the HoYD, (or whoever is responsible for new intakes), is only responsible for that 1 single intake, or whether, (as in real life), there might be a period of yers over which young players are recruited, moulded and improved, and of which the end result is the Youth Intake Day, but which has in fact been 5-6 years in the making. In an ideal World, let's say if my HoYD was in charge of Youth Intake, and I sacked him today, then I would expect his influence to be seen on players coming through the system for a number of seasons because he wouldn't have only been recruiting players only at age 15/16, but there would be a whole system and aged group platform behind that. I would like to think that FM takes that into account, but I'm not so sure.

That being said, if I have the HoYD in charge of Youth Intake and keep him in charge for the whole season, and then replace him 1 day before the intake with someone else, (my Ass Man for example), then who would have most influence over the Youth Intake that season? The HoYD who worked for 364 days at the club bringing the young players through? or the Ass Man who was in charge for just 1 day and compiled the report for me? I would like to think it's the HoYD, but again, I think it's probably the Ass Man, (which is a shame).

In any case, the HoYD is having his duties reduced and the Ass Man will again be in charge of Youth Intakes.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%202026_zpsvqjoba3f.png

What are the ratings of your AM compared to your HoYD? It could be that you were just due a poor intake and the HoYD was in the firing line for this year.

Archived