FM16 The Sammarinese Challenge.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dan.

Great 2018/19 season. Congrats on promotion. :applause:

I know that Marc Jaouen doesn't sound very Sammarinese, (or Italian), but what's the story with him. How did you get him and where from? He sounds like he will be VERY tough to replace.

[Edit]

Valentini actually looks amazing. :thup:

Gents, I'm looking to start this challenge and having read the OP, I have a simple question.

Why is small database the recommended option rather than large?

Cheers,

There are a few reasons.

1. If you use a small database, (and then we add in additional (SMR) players), then it means that there is a larger % of the available players that are of (SMR) origin.

2. Unless you have lots of different structures running, having a larger database makes the gameworld unbalanced, (because there will be too many Italians and not enough other Nationalities).

3. As dan_lcfc mentions, it makes the transfer market more active, (because there are fewer players to go round).

There are other reasons too but that's the crux of it.

Don't let that hold you back though. You set the game up how you want. :thup:

Thanks for the reply, ended up reading the rest of the thread and its makes a lot more sense now! My laptop will probably only be able to support a small database anyway.

Have others managed to get San Marino in the first season?

As far as I'm aware, nobody has managed to get San Marino promoted in the first season. I personally don;t think it's possible without editing.

I'm thinking of attempting this - if I want to stand a chance of getting the national job should I set myself up as a national of San Marino?

It depends.

If you want a decade of hard slog and not much return then fill your boots, (as I did in FM1).

Alternatively, just wait until later in the save, (as I am doing with FM16).

I have a question for everyone.

I am the manager of the national team but its no fun getting hammered every game so if I resign as the national team manager but continue as the club manager for quite a few seasons until there are some decent players available for the national team and then re apply for the post, would this be allowed or would I have to start the challenge again ?

Youth Day 19.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%2019_zpszvira4ul.png

So I am still working with my original facilities, (cash is likely to remain tight for some time), so there has been no chance of an upgrade. Despite that, I am pleasantly surprised by what I have received.

1. We have 7 different players who all have what I deem the maximum PA. Yes that last star is undecided, but it's the best we can have at this stage. To offer a comparison, last years intake, (which I was very happy with), only had 5 players at this max level.

2. We immediately have 6 players who have 1.0 CA star or above. Again, as a comparison, last season's intake only gave us 3 players at that level. When you consider that our players are likely to have improved during that time, then it's actually an even better result.

3. We have some decent personalities to go with our many rubbish ones. 2x Pro's, a Resolute and a F.Pro is very good in my book.

4. Rather than just looking at the new Youth Intake in isolation, (as a lot of people do), what I like to do is compare them to the existing squad. This especially is beneficial when the new Youth Player with high PA comes through in the same position as an existing player who previously had very high PA.

This is the whole squad now, (ranked by PA), (at least the top end).

It shows that 8 of the top 17 players at the club, (ranked by PA), have just come through this intake. More than that, it shows that other than the 2 stars, (Longo & Pennisi), the next 7 are all from this intake.

SMR%20Squad%20by%20PA_zpsg3h6nmgx.png

5. While the early stage of the challenge makes it largely irrelevant, it's also interesting to note that (19e) Marino (Bal) PPM is the 1st player with only (SMR) Nationality on the list. All the others are either (ITA) or Dual Nationality.

6. As well as the potential of this batch being better than decent, (at least compared to what we already have), the CA is actually reasonable. The next picture shows you that we actually have 3 players from this intake with 1.5 CA stars, (actually there is also a 4th that you can't see), and that is plenty good to warrant consideration for selection at this moment in time.

SMR%20Squad%20by%20CA_zpsujbtfz9l.png

7. Just forgetting about CA and PA stars at the moment, (sometimes you/we/I can get a bit caught up in all that and we have to remember that the people making this judgements are pretty pants), some of the players themselves look decent.

While I don't use a poacher currently, this bloke is certainly an interesting prospect.

SMR%20Battistini_zpsdsn48wu2.png

This bloke has a good personality and an interesting PPM, but what strikes me most is that he has also had a VERY hard paper-round.

SMR%20Luca_zpsruoqy1kt.png

The passing attribute of 15 just can't be ignored here and has to be mentioned. That's quite astonishing actually. I'm not sure I have ever had a youngster promoted with a passing attribute of 15 on any FM ever!

SMR%20Gorizzizzo_zpslnat3nlo.png

All in all, it has certainly given me reason for optimism if I can just survive long enough to make use of some of them.

I am the manager of the national team but its no fun getting hammered every game so if I resign as the national team manager but continue as the club manager for quite a few seasons until there are some decent players available for the national team and then re apply for the post, would this be allowed or would I have to start the challenge again ?

Just resign.

I don't think there is much point managing at this early stage. I did it in FM14. Never again.

[Edit]

The only thing I would say is that I wonder if it might count against you when applying for the position at a future date. It shouldn't, just so long as you are winning Serie A titles by that stage, but....

heyhowie. Congrats on the 1st title of FM16, (I think). :applause:

Just adding you to the honours board now. :thup:

Is there any chance you could expand on your success though. You don't have to share your tactic, (or even formation), although I am sure that those struggling might appreciate a few pointers, but certainly some info on your key players would go down well I'm sure.

This isn't happening to me because most of my 1st team are regular International players, (at various levels), so I always get the option to postpone my games because I have loads missing.

I couldnt postpone the game because it was the Playoff Final 2nd leg!!!

I'm not seeing many pens, (for or against). What are everyone else's observations?

Ive not seen a great deal, probably about 5 or 6 a season in my games.

EDIT: On a slightly related note I havent scored from a DFK at all come to think of it....

My FM14 go at this challenge lasted almost 1 whole years.

This release has got me hooked right from the BETA. The missus went out and bought me Fallout 4 but FM16 keeps calling me back!!

dan.

Great 2018/19 season. Congrats on promotion.

I know that Marc Jaouen doesn't sound very Sammarinese, (or Italian), but what's the story with him. How did you get him and where from? He sounds like he will be VERY tough to replace.

[Edit]

Valentini actually looks amazing.

I signed Marc Jaouen in the January of the 1st season as a 17 year old on a free transfer on an 18 month contract. Even when he first signed he was rated as 4.5 star CA from my coaches. He scored 12 goals in 19 games that season, he probably kept us up.

Ill grab a screenshot of him when I get the kids settled enough to boot the game up!

EDIT: here he is Marc Jaouen. Hopefully this guy can take up his mantle!

I am excited about Valentini. Now just to get Marco Bianci into the NT!

Just resign.

I don't think there is much point managing at this early stage. I did it in FM14. Never again.

[Edit]

The only thing I would say is that I wonder if it might count against you when applying for the position at a future date. It shouldn't, just so long as you are winning Serie A titles by that stage, but....

Ive been thinking about this as well tbh. I dont even really watch the games, usually browse the forums during the first half, watch to about 65 to make subs then minimise again. There isnt a great deal you can do with the poor quality of players so it is really a waste of time. Especially with the Nations League as you cant even arrange many friendlies against the poorer nations to get a few wins under your belt.

Having said that, I think Im going to slog it out. I think it will feel better when I start reaping the benifits later on :)

A fantstic league performance there col_nufc1! 31 goals is incredible in that league! :applause::applause:

Youth Day 19.

So I am still working with my original facilities, (cash is likely to remain tight for some time), so there has been no chance of an upgrade. Despite that, I am pleasantly surprised by what I have received.

1. We have 7 different players who all have what I deem the maximum PA. Yes that last star is undecided, but it's the best we can have at this stage. To offer a comparison, last years intake, (which I was very happy with), only had 5 players at this max level.

2. We immediately have 6 players who have 1.0 CA star or above. Again, as a comparison, last season's intake only gave us 3 players at that level. When you consider that our players are likely to have improved during that time, then it's actually an even better result.

3. We have some decent personalities to go with our many rubbish ones. 2x Pro's, a Resolute and a F.Pro is very good in my book.

4. Rather than just looking at the new Youth Intake in isolation, (as a lot of people do), what I like to do is compare them to the existing squad. This especially is beneficial when the new Youth Player with high PA comes through in the same position as an existing player who previously had very high PA.

This is the whole squad now, (ranked by PA), (at least the top end).

It shows that 8 of the top 17 players at the club, (ranked by PA), have just come through this intake. More than that, it shows that other than the 2 stars, (Longo & Pennisi), the next 7 are all from this intake.

SMR%20Squad%20by%20PA_zpsg3h6nmgx.png

5. While the early stage of the challenge makes it largely irrelevant, it's also interesting to note that (19e) Marino (Bal) PPM is the 1st player with only (SMR) Nationality on the list. All the others are either (ITA) or Dual Nationality.

6. As well as the potential of this batch being better than decent, (at least compared to what we already have), the CA is actually reasonable. The next picture shows you that we actually have 3 players from this intake with 1.5 CA stars, (actually there is also a 4th that you can't see), and that is plenty good to warrant consideration for selection at this moment in time.

SMR%20Squad%20by%20CA_zpsujbtfz9l.png

7. Just forgetting about CA and PA stars at the moment, (sometimes you/we/I can get a bit caught up in all that and we have to remember that the people making this judgements are pretty pants), some of the players themselves look decent.

While I don't use a poacher currently, this bloke is certainly an interesting prospect.

This bloke has a good personality and an interesting PPM, but what strikes me most is that he has also had a VERY hard paper-round.

SMR%20Luca_zpsruoqy1kt.png

The passing attribute of 15 just can't be ignored here and has to be mentioned. That's quite astonishing actually. I'm not sure I have ever had a youngster promoted with a passing attribute of 15 on any FM ever!

SMR%20Gorizzizzo_zpslnat3nlo.png

All in all, it has certainly given me reason for optimism if I can just survive long enough to make use of some of them.

Id love to get a striker though like Battistini! He could be very useful for the NT. Shame he is DN. Is your HoYD coaching style attacking? Ive noticed how they have 2 preferred formations this year. Both of my HoYDs preferred formations are 4-5-1 so I may have to reconsider his position to get someone in who is has at least one as my preferred 4-4-2

Im slightly annoyed with the mohawk fad that most regens seem to coming through with though :herman: Ive got 9 in my youth team! A few who are balding aswell :lol:

Season 3 - San Marino - February

So it turns out it's finally clicked, 2nd place with just less that half a season to go. It's looking tight up there but I'm hopeful that we can hang on and go through the playoffs.

Fortunately I've now got a fair few players rated for Series B, the only place I couldn't fill due to tight wages was up top. The poor bloke can't hit a barn door

Just resign.

[Edit]

You make a good point, I think I am just going to stay with the National team and hope that we get some decent players come through our youth intake and not the useless players that have come through so far.

Great season col-nufc1. Congrats on the title. :applause:

Only 3 losses is very impressive. :thup:

Brighenti looks excellent. Really liking his mental stats. I have a feeling that "mentals" may be the new "physicals". (Certainly hope so anyway).

Thanks, to be honest it was a two horse race between us and Pisa with the rest of the league being a bit meh after some of the signings I made.

Andrea Brighenti was superb for us and hopefully he can carry on his goal scoring in Serie B next season.

A fantstic league performance there col_nufc1! 31 goals is incredible in that league! :applause::applause:

He was brilliant and his 31 league goals is a new record in the Lega Pro Girone B.

I have just started this challenge, having loaded Serie D players to get the real life players for the club. In 2017, luckily some are still there so we can build on making them promotion contenders within 2 years hopefully. I've also started with the NT like last time, as that is my favourite part of the challenge.

Although I intend to eventually win a Serie A with all Sammarinese/Club HG players, I will not be starting this way as I feel it has no benefit at the start. I will be trying to blood youth wherever possible though and will push the board for youth related upgrades whenever possible!

One problem - the game won't let me register anyone for my Serie C squad, when I press the squad registration button it doesn't take me anywhere?

Not much progress made this year, 8 points better off but still 8th, really poor second half to the season saw us comfortably miss out on the playoffs.

2018-19%20Serie%20CB_zpsymrwtq5x.jpg

Maldini was good again, as was Braccini ahead of him on the right side of midfield. A young squad, so hopefully we can challenge next season, but I was thinking we could go close this year really.

2018-19%20San%20Marino%201st%20Team_zps36j01n5c.jpg

Another decent looking youth intake, soon everyone in National team squad should be capable of kicking the ball :)

2018-19%20San%20Marino%20Youth%20Intake_zps5f1xnrmq.jpg

I don't want to talk too much about the current national squad, we managed to lose to Gibraltar so that probably just about sums us up :lol:

I've never seen this before.

SMR%20Injuries_zps3l83ygbc.png

This is a pretty nice new feature to weed out those injury prone players that slip under the radar with a lot of little injuries.

Roales seems to be fitting that role for me at the moment, with 4 injuries so far this year to note and we are only approaching January.

San Marino - Lega Pro Girone B - Season 1 (2017/2018)

October Update

League

0KwWjZz.png

Outclassed by Gubbio - our relegation contenders, very disappointing.

Stolen a draw against Arezzo - they were far better but we were simply much more clinical (Arezzo had 4 shots on target from 16 attempts).

Same against Pisa - I decided to play the most ferocious slow-pace defensive football ever in my life as we got a point againt promotion contenders, had 61% of the ball and made 700+ passes :)

Went on attacking football against another contender for relegation, Lupa Roma, and deservedly won with our youngster scoring a brace.

XDIJmSf.png

San Marino goal of the Month award goes to...

[video=youtube;VXk7Mxqg11U]

San Marino national team

Rank on Nov 01, 2017 - 200 (+3)

az4s6yM.png

YUlIBLw.png

Destroyed by Azerbaijan (ranked 108), 5 shots, 0 on target for us.

Destroyed by the Czechs (ranked 43) unlucky to concede 2 goals within the first 4 minutes of the game, 3 shots (0 on target) for us.

Campaign over.

Other news

Upgraded Junior Coaching - now Average

This is a pretty nice new feature to weed out those injury prone players that slip under the radar with a lot of little injuries.

Roales seems to be fitting that role for me at the moment, with 4 injuries so far this year to note and we are only approaching January.

It's a nice little feature actually. :thup:

Was it there in FM15?

San Marino club side. End of Season 2018/19 update.

I am still not managing the NT side yet, (I have enough on my plate).

League Table.

SMR%20League%20Table%20May%202019_zpswlsh3daz.png

League Graph.

We flirted with the Playoffs for much of the season, but I think what happened is that my eye was turned by our Youth Intake and as soon as I started to weaken the starting XI we just couldn't cope. As a result we only won 1 of 9 games after the Youth Intake, drawing just 3 more.

SMR%20League%20Graph%20May%202019_zpskxyny0rz.png

League Fixtures 1.

League Fixtures 2.

Cup Fixtures.

League History.

It's worth pointing out that the League History graph is always 1 season out of date. The graph below shows the relegation in 2014/15 and then the gap until 2017/18 when they were promoted again and then the 1st season 14th place finish.

SMR%20League%20History_zpse1shyofy.png

Facilities. I haven't even tried to upgrade anything yet. We are £600k+ in debt and I just don't want to spend cash that we haven't got. I'm happy with the 1st intake and delighted with the 2nd intake so is there really a short-term need anyway?

Board Confidence. It's simple really. Anything other than the sack is fine by me and I think that relegation to a non-playable league is the only reason that will cause that right now. In FM14 I was relegated from Serie B and not sacked, but it wasn't enjoyable and I would rather take things nice and easy in the early stages.

Finances.

Goal-scoring GK watch.

SMR%20Goal-scoring%20GK%20May%202019_zps1efloaii.png

End of Season Awards.

SMR%20End%20of%20Season%20Awards_zpswyscrukb.png

Fans Player of Season.

Goal of the Season.

A nice little triangle on the right flank followed by a cross and near most volley.

[video=youtube;zeiqpONuVW0]

Signing of the Season. Hang on. I promise I'm not changing my plans. I will discuss transfers lower down and explain.

Supporters player of year already so it's a no-brainer that he is also signing of the season.

Young Player of the Season.

I have never had a GK win an award like this, (even a prolific goal-scoring GK), so I'm not sure of this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Top Goalscorer.

SMR%20Top%20Goalscorer_zpsqkouo1w1.png

Most assists.

SMR%20Most%20Assists_zpsrxiigelq.png

Highest average rating.

SMR%20Highest%20Avg%20Rating_zpssveipdur.png

Transfers In.

Just hold on for a second. No I haven't sold my sould to the Devil, but after speaking to readers in this thread and the other one, I have decided that it is ok for me to re-sign players who have come through our Youth Academy in the past. We were really struggling for depth, (especially at the back), and in Vitaioli (F.Det) we had a player who could cover a number of positions and add some real quality to the starting line-up.

Just to clarify, it's not ok for these players just to be classed as "HG at club", but they must have actually come through the Academy here meaning that San Marino is listed as the 1st club on their hostory screen. What's frustrating is that many (SMR) players are actually produced by Federazione Sammarinese which is not a club at all but the whole of the Samarinese structure. Any players that have this "club" listed 1st on their history cannot be classed as HG at the San Marino academy.

SMR%20Transfers%20In%20May%202019_zpsyjtkqlov.png

Neri Profile.

Neri History.

Vitaioli Profile.

Vitaioli History.

Sartori Profile.

Sartori History.

Raschi Profile.

Raschi History.

Simoncini Profile.

Simoncini History.

The one player that I really wanted was GK Aldo, (who was produced by our academy), but he has retired from Professional football and is unwilling to play for a Professional club. He would be a considerable improvement on our existing GK's.

Youth Intake 2019.

Battistini.

It was an interesting point about the re signing of ex-youth players Jimbokav, curious to know how some of the challenge guys in other threads saw it, being quite firm on certain rules to participate?

I asked in here and in my career thread and didn't receive a single negative response, (yours was the only one with any sort of restrictions attached), and everyone, (albeit not loads of responses before or since), said that if they have come through the Youth Academy then they should be fair game.

I have also just posted the same question in the "Youth Only" challenge thread and given some background behind my question and I I will let you know what they think. To my mind it's a no-brainer. The players came through the Academy at my club so it's a no-brainer. Others might just see any transfers at all as outlawed so we will just have to wait and see what they say.

[Edit]

Either way, whether rightly or wrongly, it seemed right to me so that's the route I have chosen.

[Edit2]

After 2 full seasons I am just starting to get the first feelings of interest in this save. :lol:

I would of thought more of a debate would have sparked being an interesting topic, as if you have youth players during the save, release them then bring them back, it would be restricted as you let them go to gain experience elsewhere (I would imagine anyway).

I agree though with your stance in this instance, as stated, you had no say in the matter and could not take over the team any earlier due to them being unplayable.

Looking forward to your progress and comparisons to others who have gone for the quick progress approach and have already been promoted, while you stated you are looking to take your time due to relegation in FM14.

I like the varying styles at play so far :)

Brilliant season there Jimbo. Looks like you took a lesson in drawing games from me :lol:

I don't ever feel like I really get into a save untill 4 or 5 years in. It makes it feel like my gameworld is my own and you can get an attachment to it.

Regarding the resigning players, the way I see it, with the youth only policy you could easily stagnate in a league and lose some high quality players. Its only fair that should the opportunity arise you should be allowed to sign them back.

Have you managed to go on any coaching courses yet?

San Marino - Lega Pro Girone B - Season 1 (2017/2018)

November Update

League

es5bH8I.png

The game against Pontedera I want to forget forever... Conceded two goals in the middle of tactical tweaking... :mad:

Precious 3 points against the bottom team Lucchese.

A fair result against Fermana.

A great upset against Top-of-the-table (at that point) Pistoiese as we went on Overload to grab a late equalizer.

A great display against Robur Siena as we limited them to only 1 shot on targer from 11 shots.

Too many draws, need o win some games...

HBuUepp.png

San Marino goal of the Month award goes to...

[video=youtube;4o7cnG8u4a8]

San Marino national team

Rank on Dec 01, 2017 - 197 (+3)

LkH3ou8.png

Sooooo unlucky to only draw against Andorra! We blew the first half but managed to regroup and had some fantastic chances to win the game. Oh man, that finishing is gonna kill me...

I think we played well in my last game

(NOTE: I dont play with a CDM (I play flat 442) but for some reason the team of the week always has this formation)

Im also down to 41% job security as NT manager. Not really sure what they expect tbh :(

Saying that, they are basing that off of the fans view of the matches. Both the International stature and Competitions are sitting at 50%. Were going to lose most matches at INT level and with the Nations League we dont have a chance to play any friendlies against some weaker nations which is really frustrating. It does say that the fans are pleased with the exciting football on display :lol: Not sure how exciting losing by 5/6 goals every game can be. (Im just using my club tactic atm)

We have just been to Belgium and scored though!

Season 4 - San Marino - 20 games in

SURELY this season will be our season. After narrowly missing out on the play offs last season due to a slump right at the last, we sit firmly in control of 3rd place with 5 points between us and 5th. There's still an outside chance of topping the league but I think we'd have to go unbeaten for the rest of the season, something that I can't see the squad doing. After 4 seasons of nothingness our 600 or so fans need something to cheer about after all. Once again at the end of the season the team will be revamped with free agents supplemented by loanees, the majority of the top players agreeing to a new contract even though they're on cheaper terms than they were which is bizarre.

Aims: Finish in the playoffs

Cheap decent options for the bench, a striker that's not a loanee

The less said about the financial state of the club the better

Good luck Draycott, I've suffered a couple of serious dip in form through the third quarter of the season in the last two years which have seen us waste good starts, hopefully you won't suffer the same fate.

Unfortunately, my 3rd season ended with a Playoff Final defeat (although they did finish above us in the league so I can't really complain), I will post a bit of an update later hopefully.

Jimbo / Leon - Do you guys actually get your keepers focusing their training on free kicks or penalties, or do you just let them get on with it? I've sold my keeper and will be starting one of our youth team I think, so was thinking I might get him involved :)

I am not happy, the board have sold our star goalkeeper over my head, I wouldn't of been that angry if they had gotten a decent fee for him but selling him for £675k is laughable really. What makes it worse is that he has been sold on transfer deadline day so I have to look for a new goalkeeper that will have to be on loan or a free agent immediately.

Board%20accept%20transfer%20offer%20for%20Falcone%20in%20January%20in%20season%203.jpg

Jimbo / Leon - Do you guys actually get your keepers focusing their training on free kicks or penalties, or do you just let them get on with it? I've sold my keeper and will be starting one of our youth team I think, so was thinking I might get him involved :)

It depends really.

My main priority with a GK has always been goal-keeping duties, but I must admit that towards the end of Lucio's career, especially when some of stats were in decline, I stuck him on free-kick training in an attempt to take advantage of some of the stats dropping and maxing him out elsewhere.

I haven't let my FM16 GK take a free-kick yet, but actually, as we haven't scored a single one in 2 full seasons, I might as well.

He goes up for all corners and we have only conceded once in 2 seasons from that. I have a system with many layers that allow us to regain/retain possession, I just need to fine-tune it to get us scoring more.

I'm not winning, (or conceding), many penalties in FM16, but I think I have a lot of work to do tactically at the moment.

I find that the penalty stat doesn't impact him too much so I don't train that and I never had him taking free kicks initially until I felt the team was able to cover for him being up the field. As a result I kind of overlooked his freekick stats. To my knowledge, we have only conceded a few times with him going up for free kicks and he seems to bang them in with fair regularity. When i was tracking free kicks v penalties, they were virtually neck and neck, penalties slightly winning out as he took them for a number of years before.

To be fair, I only gave him the run on because he came through as a 5 star player and was Sammarenese. Whilst I haven't had a better keeper come through, and he does seem to make some stylish saves and is fairly dependable, he is not what I thought he could of become but he does the job.

FM14 - 2041-42

Our young'ns have done it again, going back to back in the under 19's Group 1 League, whilst a Fiorentina loss has given us the title with 2 games to spare in the Serie A.

We have now gone 4 Serie A Titles in a row as we start to move away and become a dominant force year upon year.

Champions league eluded us this season as Fiorentina extracted revenge, knocking us out in the Quarter Finals. While the Italian Cup had an early exit also.

The youth intake was not bad but for some reason a few of the players turned me down, two of which were Sammarense, however one has picked up a trail in Saudi Arabi so hopefully he can get a role out there playing and work his way into the national setup in a few years time.

The world Cup is also upon us shortly, so will have some further updates on this as it draws closer.

He goes up for all corners and we have only conceded once in 2 seasons from that. I have a system with many layers that allow us to regain/retain possession, I just need to fine-tune it to get us scoring more.

I'm a bit wary of sending him for corners as we do get broken on a few times so I suspect if my keeper was upfield I would concede once every half dozen games or so.

I was wondering how much progress my Manager had made in terms of the coaching and mental stats. Due to lack of finances, I have only been able to take 1 coaching course (out of 6 I think)

Starting Profile

Current Profile

Not a bad increase I don't think! Although I'm disappointed to see that Working with Youngsters hasn't increased at all. 5 of my starting line-up in my last game were 21 or under. My average squad age is only 23

Neither has Level of Discipline even though I always warn for 2 yellows, fine 1 week for a professional foul and fine 2 weeks for violent conduct. Id love to be able to fine players for getting 2 yellows if they are for silly things like diving or dissent (neither of which I've had to deal with fortunately) but the game doesn't recognise, or better allow you to explain, why you have made your decision.

San-Marino-Calcio.png

San Marino Calcio 2019/20 Season Review

Serie B Table

Serie%20B%20table%20end%20of%20season%203.jpg

Results 1 - Results 2

Serie B Player Stats

Serie%20B%20player%20stats%20end%20of%20season%203.jpg

Transfers

Transfers%20end%20of%20season%203.jpg

The Squad

Squad%20end%20of%20season%203_1.jpg

Season Awards

San%20Marino%20awards%20end%20of%20season%203.jpg

Player Of The Season

Guido Turano

Guido%20Turano%20end%20of%20season%203.jpg

Top Goalscorer

Andrea Brighenti

Andrea%20Brighenti%20end%20of%20season%203.jpg

Finances

Finances%20end%20of%20season%203.jpg

My Thoughts

Back to back promotions for us as champions and to be honest I thought that Serie B would of been a bit more of a challenge for us but it was pretty straight forward battle between us and Verona for the title. We did have quite a few players on loan from some Serie A sides so they will be difficult to replace next season, especially since we've only been given a £5m transfer budget and £90k wages budget. I'll probably just adjust the budget to mainly all wages and scour the free agents and try and pick up some more loan players.

Just for a change Guido Turano was our player of the season, he has now won it three years in a row and I think I'll start to call it the Turano award from now on :lol:. The right wing back just continues to excel for us down the right flank but worryingly now he is a wanted man from several Serie A sides so hopefully is head is not turned and he stays at San Marino for many more years to come.

Andrea Brighenti was again our top goalscorer with 18 goals but he is now in decline and he won't cut it in the Italian top flight but I won't sell him, he'll be kept as a back up player with a view to hopefully become a member of the backroom staff.

Well done on the back to back promotions.

It looks as though the gap from Serie D to C is much larger than Serie C to B

Good luck in the Serie A with such a small budget. Hopefully you can pull a side together than can keep you afloat.

Impressive season there col, you certainly adapted to life in the Serie B better than I have :applause: Good luck next season, Im sure you will be able to snap up a few more bargains to keep you in the division.

Were your finance screenshots taken after the prize money for winning the league given out? (I cant read the screenshots on my phone, I can just see your not in the red!)

Well done on the back to back promotions.

It looks as though the gap from Serie D to C is much larger than Serie C to B

Good luck in the Serie A with such a small budget. Hopefully you can pull a side together than can keep you afloat.

Cheers mate, yeah the transition seemed much easier going from Serie C to Serie B than from Serie D to Serie C in my opinion.

It's going to be a struggle this year, there's load of world class to top 10 level free agents available but obviously none of them are interested in talking to us and even if they did the most we can offer a player is £19k per week. Getting players on loan is harder as well because clubs are wanting us to pay loan fees and most of the players wages so we are going to be left with the runts of the litter so to speak.

Archived