FM16 The Sammarinese Challenge.

Impressive season there col, you certainly adapted to life in the Serie B better than I have :applause: Good luck next season, Im sure you will be able to snap up a few more bargains to keep you in the division.

Were your finance screenshots taken after the prize money for winning the league given out? (I cant read the screenshots on my phone, I can just see your not in the red!)

Cheers mate, yeah the finance screenshot was taken after we got our £1.7m prize money or we'd still be in the red despite the board selling our keeper in the January transfer market for £675k.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youth Day 2020.

I was really after a GK, but I suppose I just have to be content with the overall PA and the few reasonable personalities.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%20Mar%202020_zpssssw5gc7.png

I've got a Professional, a Resolute and 6x Fairly Determined which is not too shabby at all. The Pro and the Res are great and a F.Det player has determination of at least 15 so while I am lacking in Pro tutors, determination isn't a bad make-do.

GK. A Keeper is probably what I am most desperate for. Ideally I would obviously like a (SMR) player to come through, but to be honest I don't really care that much and would be happy with an (ITA) GK.

SMR%20GKs%20Mar%202020_zpsgpzpmdpn.png

DL. Left back looks an are of considerable strength at first glance, but 1st impressions can be misleading, (and are in this case). I had managed to get Longo to sign a new contract at the start of the game, (and of course I hood-winked him like everyone else with an additional 2 year option clause).

Most of the other players on the list are either centre-backs or right-backs and it's only really Neri I have had as a back-up. As Maggio is more of a centre-half than full-back, (despite the report). Neri will be important to us over the next few seasons and of course Longo is vital rather than important.

SMR%20DLs%20Mar%202020_zpsi1zcusnz.png

DR. Right back is another problematic area, (we have a few). and this is important because left-wing and right-back are significant attacking outlets for us. Obviously Tardini is currently my 1st choice, but he is really the best of a poor bunch and is lacking in the attacking abilities that I ideally want my DR to show. Borelli is his successor in waiting, but really isn't good enough defensively yet to get in very often.

SMR%20DRs%20Mar%202030_zpseanjlswb.png

DC. Although we struggled at centre-half at first, I was lucky enough to see Giardi come through that 1st season and he and Grandoni sort of became my 1st choice partnership by default. It is certainly an area where we need to improve though. Colomba could be just what we need at a gianticwhoppingenormous 6'7".

SMR%20DCs%20Mar%202030_zpsjtdjyadu.png

MC. I have grouped both DM's and MC's together here because I don't currently use a Regista. I am considering reintroducing it, but what is putting me off is that is the tactic I used in the early stages of the 2014. If I can, I want to avoid that sort of repetition.

Pennisi is obviously the man for us in the middle of the pitch, and we rarely if ever win without him. We only have him until the end of next season, (he has never agreed to sign a new contract so no cheeky 2 year option here I'm afraid). As a result he is still on a Youth contract at the age of 19, (and will be 20 when he leaves). He's going to be very hard to replace. Tosi looks great, (passing of 14), and Gorizzizzo goes one better at 15, but they are still very raw and I would much prefer to play one of them with Pennisi.

SMR%20MCs%20Mar%202020_zpsyovdd8ud.png

AML. Like right-back, left wing is an important slot for me and we have been more than a little understrength here. Ciacci and Battistini were our early players, but I have been biting the bullet and playing the younger players with higher PA more often. Anciono and Fabaro will certainly add some depth out wide on the left, (even if it might take some time to develop them).

I don't particularly like Battstini, (bottom of the pile), but I do like his professionalism and will hoping I can hold onto him long enough to take advantage of that. The biggest issue, (there are another couple of smaller issues), is that he CA rating is so poor that Ancione for example was already classed as having better CA than him when he was "born" on Youth Day.

SMR%20AMLs%20Mar%202020_zpsn8flmrpd.png

AMR. I'm not 100% sure why, but I have always preferred left wingers to right-wingers, (possibly because I'm a lefty), but the right flank certainly looks stronger than the left in this squad. I brought Vitaioli in for some much needed CA and experience, but you can see that both Luca and Natali are currently ahead of him in the pecking order. I actually prefer Natali's "stat balance", but Luca started the last game. Either way, we've certainly got some decent depth on the right,

SMR%20AMLs%20Mar%202020_zpsn8flmrpd.png

AMC. We don't play with an AMC and we only actually have 2 players at the club who can't play in another position and neither is worth commenting on at this stage.

SC. I have been tempted to play Vitaioli up front, (and have done so on occasion), but I really don't want to and even though the best strikers I have are all lacking in their own way, I would rather stick with them I think. Rosario and Battistini are both decent for such a young age but it's actually been Guido who's been our main man so far, (with whoever else gets the nod for that particular game).

SMR%20SCs%20Mar%202020_zpsoicvxew9.png

Overall.

I used to just look at the "Youth Day Page", (1st graphic in this page), but now like to compare the positions as above, independently of other positions, and I find it gives me a better perspective on that individual position. What I also like to do however is compare the new Youth Intake to the whole of the existing squad like this.

SMR%20Overall%20Mar%202020_zpshcvjkcmt.png

It shows me a decent comparison of the best new young players promoted and how our PA is developing as a squad. For the next couple of decades, (at least), it's going to be all about the PA.

Ive never put a video up before but I loved this goal so though I'd try it out

[video=youtube_share;RYc3YNyyt38]

EDIT: Success! Now I just need him to drop his dreams of playing for Italy :lol:

Good enough to warrant quoting, (and the goal isn't too bad either). :thup:

Must admit that after Google/YouTube screwing 3rd party sign-ins on FM14, it's been so long since I posted a video that I had forgotten how satisfying it is. I plan on uploading my Goal of the Season every year and any other goals that win accolades.

It's so easy to do it's a no-brainer.

If it had been working in FM14, I would have uploaded all of Lucio's. :lol:

col_nufc1

Fantastic progress. :applause: Did you win the title on goal difference or record against Verona. When I first looked at it I thought it was decided on goals scored and couldn't work out how you won.

None of your loanees seem to play loads of games. Did you just have them on short-term deals or did you just chop things about a bit with them?

Brighenti is decent. Pretty sure he isn't Serie A decent though. :herman:

Finances looking decent now.

Good luck in Serie A. :thup:

Sometimes this game is just really frustrating.

Ive just had an international friendly and although I had 4 players on duty, I wasnt asked to postpone. Not a problem, Ive put up with it all year. My GK gets injured for 6 weeks with a hernia, again no problem my back up keeper is capable, but wait, hes on INT duty in a home friendly on the Friday night (the same home venue as the club side remember!) and we play on the Saturday. Well, he wont have to travel far so surely he will be available as the INT team broke up immediately after the game.

NOPE! He is set as travelling come game time on the Saturday. Really? He hasnt had to go anywhere. I wouldnt have been bothered if he was tired or low condition as he is only the GK. But to be completely unavailable is ridiculous.

Had to play a GK from the U20s who was rated as 3.5 silver stars (the best CA of all of my youth GKs) and we ended up drawing 3-3

I'd have thought the gap between C and B would have a been a little larger? I've gone full Klopp mode and pressed for the 1st 5 games taking 3 wins and 2 losses. I think this season will be about preparing for a push to Series A, since I feel to go up this season is to be doomed to come straight back down. Oh and on the plus side youth staff finally WOO.....

Sometimes this game is just really frustrating.

Ive just had an international friendly and although I had 4 players on duty, I wasnt asked to postpone. Not a problem, Ive put up with it all year. My GK gets injured for 6 weeks with a hernia, again no problem my back up keeper is capable, but wait, hes on INT duty in a home friendly on the Friday night (the same home venue as the club side remember!) and we play on the Saturday. Well, he wont have to travel far so surely he will be available as the INT team broke up immediately after the game.

NOPE! He is set as travelling come game time on the Saturday. Really? He hasnt had to go anywhere. I wouldnt have been bothered if he was tired or low condition as he is only the GK. But to be completely unavailable is ridiculous.

Had to play a GK from the U20s who was rated as 3.5 silver stars (the best CA of all of my youth GKs) and we ended up drawing 3-3

I think what happens is that you can choose to withdraw player from friendlies and still play them.

You have that option instead of a postponement.

My way of thinking is that it's just a sacrifice for the benefit of the NT.

I recently had my SMR/ARG GK dropped from the bench of the Senior NT Squad to the starting position for the U21's. As a result he was unavailable and we lost a game we dominated against bottom if the table Vis Pesaro.

I think what happens is that you can choose to withdraw player from friendlies and still play them.

You have that option instead of a postponement.

My way of thinking is that it's just a sacrifice for the benefit of the NT.

I recently had my SMR/ARG GK dropped from the bench of the Senior NT Squad to the starting position for the U21's. As a result he was unavailable and we lost a game we dominated against bottom if the table Vis Pesaro.

Yea it was more the fact that he hasnt actually travelled anywhere so it seemed bizzare that he would be 'travelling'. Or I just fancied a moan :lol:

My first attempt at this challenge and this is a link to an brief update: http://imgur.com/gallery/y6tNM/

Ultimately, I started well then faded drastically and got relegated through the playoffs. Loading it up again to give it another go, but think I will jump straight into the NT too.

Edit: I had to re-run the load from the start and got nowhere near as many decent youth prospects this time. Going to be a hard slog.

San Marino club side. End of Season 2019/20 update. Lega Pro B, (Serie C/B).

I am still not managing the NT side yet, (I have enough on my plate).

League Table.

SMR%20League%20Table%20Mar%202020_zpsom6cxap1.png

League Graph.

I always seem to lose focus after Youth Day each season and this season was no different with us winning just 1 of our last 9 games, (and drawing just 2 more). We lost 6 of the last 7 but luckily had already pocketed enough points to keep us up, (albeit narrowly).

SMR%20League%20Graph%20Mar%202020_zpsj42x78vc.png

League Fixtures 1.

League Fixtures 2.

Cup Fixtures.

League History.

Please remember that this screenshot is always a season behind.

SMR%20League%20History_zps0imkhpls.png

Facilities.

Board Confidence. My job is classed as "secure" (56%), but again it was much better than that earlier in the season until we again fell away after Youth Day.

Finances. The finances show that we are only approx £0.5M in debt, but that really doesn't tell the full story. The reason that we are only £0.5M in debt is because the board have invested £1M+ this year just to cover running costs, and somewhere in the region of £0.75M last season.

Goal-scoring GK watch.

SMR%20Goal-scoring%20GK%20watch_zpsgcwylhnh.png

End of Season Awards.

SMR%20End%20of%20Season%20Awards_zpsocuzlk5x.png

Fans Player of the Season. Our (SMR/ARG) GK was the Young Player of the Season last year and he went one better this year collecting the main award. I like that he is being recognised, but he isn't actually very good, (is the only regular starter who is still graded by Youth Silver stars). Despite that, I do love any recognition that GK's get so I won't complain. (Can't wait until I get a good one).

Goal of the Season.

A peach of a goal from outside the box. Decent, even if I do say so myself.

[video=youtube;POaV-ZDAfQs]

Signing of the Season. We didn't sign anyone.

Young Player of the Season. Our GK picked up this award again. I would rather than Young Player award went to someone else when it is won by a Youth Player, but I'm not overly bothered. Our top goal-scorer only managed 5 goals this season and our GK managed 3, so..... he is probably a worthy winner of both awards.

Top Goalscorer. 3 players shared the spoils here as I will admit that I confused myself with new roles and the limited ability of the players involved meant that they struggled to adapt. I have to find a balance between a role/duty that suits the tactic, and one that suits the individual players involved.

SMR%20Top%20goal-scorer_zps06pc1jk3.png

Most Assists. Luca was only 16 for most of the season, so a return of double-figure assists in his first full season is very pleasing indeed.

SMR%20Most%20Assists_zps4gggi3fj.png

Highest Average Rating. It's no surprise that our young GK also collected this award.

SMR%20Highest%20Avg%20Rating_zps7yltuxfp.png

Transfers. There were no transfers in or out this season. Apart from a GK who has retired from Professional football, there is nobody out there who I can find that improves our squad and is interested in returning. In terms of transfers going the other way, I have decided that rather than selling players 1 year before their contract expires, I am just going to keep them at the club for as long as possible and then just let them leave on a free. They are not worth a load of money anyway, (even our best players), and we are losing so much money that it's like a drop in the ocean.

2020 Youth Day.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%20Mar%202020_zpssssw5gc7.png

(20a) Rosario (Bal) (2020).

He might not have the double-figure attributes that stand out like a sore thumb, nut he is better than decent nevertheless. His strength seems to be his mentals which is unusual, and he seems more able to adapt to different roles than some of our other more one dimensional strikers.

SMR%20Rosario%20Mar%202020_zpsnwcelgwo.png

Hi guys. To anyone who is struggling, or even not struggling, but not just doing as well as they had hoped, here is a link to something that I'm sure will help you.

http://sisportscentre.com/the-art-of-counter-attacking-football/

I'm not suggesting that you copy the tactic, (do what you want), but I'm sure there are things there that most people struggling could get something out of. For my part, it has sort of jolted me out of restricting myself with previously used and well known roles/duties and has opened my eyes to not just some of the roles/duties that he used, but actually..... absolutely everything! Why on Earth was I being so restrictive before? With the added restriction that I didn't want to use things that had brought me success in FM14?

What I had been trying to do for the past 3 seasons was to try and play some sort of mish-mash of a hybrid style that was caught in no-mans land between the very limited 4141 Regista dominated style that I started FM14 with and the all encompassing free-flowing 4231 AP(a) style that I finished FM14 with. I wanted to take bits and pieces of both and in fact all I have been doing is clouding the issue.

My blinkers are well and truly off and there is nothing out of bounds now and nothing I won't try. For a start..... hello to a new striker role and hello to a new DM role.

Absolutely blank canvas!

I can't wait to press continue again now. :lol:

Season 2019/2020 Review

League Table: Just wow. My score one more than you approach from the previous years worked again. We scored the most goals in the league by 9 goals but we also conceded 4 more than anybody else. At least we were entertaining! We scored in every game after the winter break (25 games)

I said I would have a hard time replacing Marc Jaouen. I put my faith in another young striker, this time German Torsten Freidrich. My word what a player. He scored 39 goals in 47 games, also providing 11 assists. By a rough calculation he single handedly earned me 21 points which would have seen me in the relegation zone. Incredible. Unfortunately he doesnt think the playing squad is strong enough to sign a new contract so I may have to cash in.

The playoffs saw us drawn against Spezia in the preliminary round. Due to our low ranking a draw would not be good enough in any playoff game we play. (For those that dont know, a draw means that the higher seeded team goes through!) We had the home tie a cruised to a 3-1 victory.

The semi finals saw us facing Brescia who we had not lost to in the regular season. I was worried in the home leg, 1-0 down and down to brought down to 10 men in the 80th minute. We grabbed an equaliser in the 87th minute to draw the match. We made a great start in the away leg, scoring twice in the first 20 minutes. They pulled one back just before half time to set up a nervy 2nd half. It was uneventful however and an own goal in the 91st minute saw us through to the final.

We faced Bari in the final. They had beaten us in both regular season games so I wasn't overly confident. Even less so when we went 1-0 down in the 21st minute. The main man Torsten Freidrich Equalised in the 42nd minute to take us into half time level. He then grabbed his second of the game in the 89th minute to send us into the away leg with a slender lead. A goalless 1st half saw our confidence grow and in the 61st minute Freidrich grabbed his 3rd goal of the tie to send us to the Serie A!

Serie B Review

Top goalscorer with a record tally, top assister with a record tally and the overachievers. :thup:

End of Season Awards

I cant argue with these.

[video=youtube_share;UFnIPZZ1VNE]

Ill just leave this one here aswell

(not sure why the quality is so bad, I put it on the 1080p setting)

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

Youth Intake

Not bad. Finally a striker, although he is DN he looks like he could be useful in the future. Also Fabio Morretti doesnt have DN. He went straight into the NT as the 5th best player (based on CA. Marco Bianci is currently the best)

National Team

Meh :lol:

We have been drawn in a group with Andorra in the Nations league. which could be a very winnable game for us!

Aims for next season

Get a point in the league :lol:

Convince the board to upgrade the facilities

Strengthen, strengthen strengthen

dan_lcfc]

Congrats on promotion to the promised land of Serie A. :applause:

Torsten looks better than decent. Very good signing. (I hope you have an option to extend the contract?) What's his PA like? Also, I know you are thinking of selling, but might it not be worth keeping him for another year and letting him go on a free? The money you are going to get from him is going to be decent, but not much in the grand scheme of things. Do you play him as a poacher, or something else?

Would love to see Moretti when you get a chance.

And I can't wait to see the Fiore goal.

I personally give FIFA a LOT of (bad word), but the idea and implementation of the Nations League is a brilliant idea. :thup:

Good luck against Andorra, (and winning a Serie A point).

col_nufc1

Fantastic progress. :applause: Did you win the title on goal difference or record against Verona. When I first looked at it I thought it was decided on goals scored and couldn't work out how you won.

None of your loanees seem to play loads of games. Did you just have them on short-term deals or did you just chop things about a bit with them?

Brighenti is decent. Pretty sure he isn't Serie A decent though. :herman:

Finances looking decent now.

Good luck in Serie A. :thup:

We won the title on goal difference as we both won our home games, Verona won 2-0 and we won 3-1.

I only signed the loanees as cover and because under 18's didn't have to be registered in the squad, so that's why they didn't get many games.

Brighenti is definitely not Serie A standard :( but I want to try and keep hold of him because I want him to become part of my backroom staff when he reitres.

Jimbokav I don't know how you haven't resisted the urge to start and sign players because it looks like it's going to be a long hard slog for you. That being said I think you're doing a great job with what you've got but if it was me I would of caved in by now and started signing players to propel us up the league :lol:.

Also is there any reason that you give your players nicknames like (20a) Rosario (Bal) (2020) ?

dan_lcfc Well done on gaining promotion to Serie A :thup:

Torsten Freidrich looks very good and I would be trying to keep hold of him and risk losing him on a free to get another season out of him. When you are in Serie A though he'll have a change of heart and want to sign a new contract, maybe not straightaway but when you've signed a few new players to improve the squad.

Jimbokav I don't know how you haven't resisted the urge to start and sign players because it looks like it's going to be a long hard slog for you. That being said I think you're doing a great job with what you've got but if it was me I would of caved in by now and started signing players to propel us up the league :lol:.

Also is there any reason that you give your players nicknames like (20a) Rosario (Bal) (2020) ?

Well what happened is that I had decided long before FM16 was going to come out that I was going to go Youth Only. The only problem was that it was with Regensburg in Germany that I was meant to be playing and..... well they sacked me.

I'm determined to stick with this, (at least for a while).

Yes. I give all my players nicknames.

1. It was a habit that I got into when I first started playing CM/FM many years ago.

Since then I have used it to track stuff like height.

Now I use it to track personality development, and also to remind me who is of (SMR) Nationality and needs to be given preferential treatment.

The (20a) indicates that Rosario came through the 2020 Youth intake and that all players are given a letter, (a to p) to indicate where they are in the ranking of that years Intake, (ranked by PA). The (Bal) indicates that he is a Balanced personality, (and requires tutoring), and the (2020) is a clear reminder that he was the best player from the 2020 intake.

I also add a * to players of special interest, (even opposition players), and also Nationality is mentioned, (if they are of (SMR) origin). I add "SELL" to players who leave the club and "." to players who are no longer required. When I find players who have previously come through the Academy at San Marino, (like Diawara), they are given (HG) to indicate that they have dome through the Youth System and are classed as Home Grown for the purpose of this challenge.

dan_lcfc]

Congrats on promotion to the promised land of Serie A. :applause:

Torsten looks better than decent. Very good signing. (I hope you have an option to extend the contract?) What's his PA like? Also, I know you are thinking of selling, but might it not be worth keeping him for another year and letting him go on a free? The money you are going to get from him is going to be decent, but not much in the grand scheme of things. Do you play him as a poacher, or something else?

Would love to see Moretti when you get a chance.

And I can't wait to see the Fiore goal.

I personally give FIFA a LOT of (bad word), but the idea and implementation of the Nations League is a brilliant idea. :thup:

Good luck against Andorra, (and winning a Serie A point).

Here is Fabio Morretti

Torsten has one year left on his contract anyway so hopefully he will change his mind before January. In Italy, Bosmans can take place with 6 months remaining (thats how I lost MJ)

He has the PA to play in the Serie A according to my coaches, his CA only says he 'might be in position to suit Serie B football'. I think 39 goals makes him slightly more than 'might'.

I had him playing as an Advanced Forward (I play with a DLF/AF partnership)

The Nations League does seem like a good idea. We had a very tough group the first time around and I would have preferred to play some weaker sides in friendly matches, just to be a bit competitive and raise the camp morale. I'm alot happier with the draw this time though and I'm really hoping I can register that 1st competitive win

EDIT: And the GotS has been added to the update post!

It's the beginning of the 2020/21 season and my parent club Cesena have offered me a load of very decent youngsters.

Must....

Resist....

The....

Urge....

To....

Sign....

Them....

:lol::lol::lol: If they just send them to you surely it doesnt count ;)

dan_lcfc Well done on gaining promotion to Serie A :thup:

Torsten Freidrich looks very good and I would be trying to keep hold of him and risk losing him on a free to get another season out of him. When you are in Serie A though he'll have a change of heart and want to sign a new contract, maybe not straightaway but when you've signed a few new players to improve the squad.

Thats what Im hoping for. He really was fantastic all year. I'm on his favoured personnel list so that is a plus for my hopes of keeping him

After a long time lurking I have finally signed up to the forums, purely so that I can get involved with this challenge! I usually flit between a load of short term saves, never really getting stuck into any of them, so I love the idea of taking on a difficult long term challenge like this.

This will be the first time in ages that I've played with attribute masking enabled, and it's a little bit daunting! How on earth do you go about deciding which players are worth your time scouting? Any advice would be much appreciated.

San Marino - Lega Pro Girone B - Season 1 (2017/2018)

December-January Update

League

5xnyO3D.png

A great draw away at Robur Siena, 3rd at that point in the league.

Another solid result against Maceratese.

A poor draw away at struggling L'Aquila.

Finally grabbed 3 points against Teramo as we smashed them and could have scored more.

Yet another great performance against one of the top teams in the league as we almost put off an upset but only drew 1-1 against Grosseto.

Actually were close to an upset against Foggia, were 2-1 up, at 3-2 down went all out attack bu got hit on the break late on.

Another shocker, away at Ancoca (they weren't able to find a win 11 games in a row at that point!) as we conceded from a free kick.

We are very poor against relegation contenders but manage to steal draws against better teams. Need some wins, things can become tricky later on in the season.

kCL7rbG.png

San Marino goal of the Month (December) award goes to...

[video=youtube;QDh1oyzo_Ys]

San Marino goal of the Month (January) award goes to...

[video=youtube;TE80Pq5UO0w]

San Marino national team

Rank on Feb 01, 2017 - 197

Other News

Let our captain Pierluigi Baldazzi (AML/ST, 33yo) go on a free to Messina. Sad but he is old and declining physically. I don't use AML/AMR's and as a striker he is quite slow and declining physically. Made 7 apps, didn't score.

MR Braccini is on FIRE!

5OiQtR5.png

Sasa Cicarevic, who was my best player in the team and went on a free at the start of this season (didn't want to sign a new contract) - he is still on available on a free. Too bad i can't sign him due to Youth Challenge, he is a great talent for this league.

After a long time lurking I have finally signed up to the forums, purely so that I can get involved with this challenge! I usually flit between a load of short term saves, never really getting stuck into any of them, so I love the idea of taking on a difficult long term challenge like this.

This will be the first time in ages that I've played with attribute masking enabled, and it's a little bit daunting! How on earth do you go about deciding which players are worth your time scouting? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forums and the Challenge DonBombilla.

I've been playing Youth Only for a while now so scouting is significantly less important than it once was to me.

What I used to do however was just select a Nation that I wanted to scout. If I look at my game right now, I have the choice of scouting any of 13 different Nations. I would generally have 1 scout looking after opposition teams, another scouting the various Youth leagues, and then really whatever I fancied.

What I have done more recently as the scouting in the game has improved, is leave the delegation of Scouting tasks to the Chief Scout, and basically just let him send his staff wherever he wanted. (That is his job after all).

From there I would look at the reports when they come in and depending on what I was looking for, I would filter the results accordingly. If I was looking for a young prospect left back for example, (but you could insert any position), then I would filter the results for just left backs and then sort by PA. From there I would scout more fully a number of potential candidates.

In the main I wouldn't actually look for a specific position at all, and actually I would look for was any player with decent PA. Then just review the more in depth reports as they come in and respond accordingly.

It's exactly the same with old players except that I obviously filter by PA.

I try not to be too restrictive with my instructions.

Any player that I scout is added to my shortlist for 1 full year, and any player that I particularly take an interest in is added to my shortlist indefinitely. As players develop, (or don't), or increase in value, (or don't), then it might be removed from the shortlist or elevated to become a proper transfer target.

I hope that helps. :thup:

SMR%20U21s%20Manager%20sacked_zpsfdh29481.png

The U21 Manager has been sacked and it made me have a look at the results.

They have actually done relatively well in friendlies, (gaining wins against Armenia, Latvia, Liechtenstein (twice), Gibraltar (twice), Luxembourg and Andorra), but in competitive games, a solitary draw at home to Montenegro is all they have to show for their troubles. With that in mind, it isn't really a surprise that he was shown the door.

I fleetingly considered applying for the vacant position, but need to build my own reputation and then club to develop first. It is certainly something I would consider in the future though.

SMR%20U21%20Fixtures%202015_zpsjgwqspva.png

SMR%20U21%20Fixtures%202016_zpsveeyt5jy.png

SMR%20U21%20Fixtures%202017_zpscxmgqgh4.png

SMR%20U21%20Fixtures%202018_zpsdqseh3xd.png

SMR%20U21%20Fixtures%202019_zpsjxy3wii6.png

Sign as many players on trial as you can, this can narrow down a few attributes and you can also compare the players in your squad directly (on and off the pitch). Play lots of friendlies also.

My biggest tip would be to sign the 3 scouts your allowed and send them out to different nations. (I did Italy, Germany and France). Throughout the season they will bring up better players as the season progresses (with more time watching them the attributes are also clearer). And always monitor your scouting overview page as the season progresses. Sign anyone who is a major improvement

Anybody you sign, always have them on the lowest possible squad status so that when you do sign better players they are less likely to moan when they are not getting games (As a matter of fact I do this throughout all of my saves regardless, but its a good tip to stick to at the start of a save like this)

Hope any of this helps

Hello, jut found this thread! Been doing this for over a decade though after a VERY intense save on FM12 I looked for other challenges.

Not really important but many of the things stated in OP that 'have never been done'... well I have :) If it's ok to post an external link (would be a long read anyway...) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/87029-not-another-san-marino-story.html

Good luck to all the Titani managers!

Was away for the weekend, so missed a fair bit of this, but good to see a lot of the good results stream in.

Not very often that the Sammarinese management get fired at National level, so that could be some interesting insight into how taking over the National team plays out... Results are more important perhaps, that in previous versions, where no win for years results in no sackings or punishment.

Hello, jut found this thread! Been doing this for over a decade though after a VERY intense save on FM12 I looked for other challenges.

Not really important but many of the things stated in OP that 'have never been done'... well I have :) If it's ok to post an external link (would be a long read anyway...) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/87029-not-another-san-marino-story.html

Very nice save kandersson I didn't read all of it, but I did see there was a controversial end to the World Cup campaign... Did you end up winning it? I wasn't able to find the results of it as it was a few pages in and I am currently at work.

Will you be taking this up on FM 16, or are you continuing with your FM14 one that it looks like you started at the end of the final page of your thread.

After a successful season, I noted that the recent planned upgrades to the stadium have stalled and cannot be completed due to council restrictions.

There was an option here to request a new stadium - So I did... What with our current size sitting at only 42,500.

I was denied the request, despite it being the year 2042, 20 years after San Marino Stadium was built.

Despite us filling up the ground virtually week upon week.

Despite us having the capacity to make a whole lot more and become a larger club both Continentally and internationally. It would really put San Marino on the map as a huge power horse (not that we aren't but our stadium doesn't show it).

Despite us having a behemoth kitty of just north of £1B and an estimated valued of £1.32B.

I questioned their decision, stating that we do indeed pack out the stadium each week, and it will be great for our reputation, to which they again, said a very firm no...

I had a brain snap, and clicked "Leak to Press" and vented my frustration. , but this proved to be a bad move...

I was summoned in to the boardroom and asked to take a seat, which i did so with butterflies all around in my stomach.

I was asked to point out my stance - I could waiver and say I'm sorry, be firm and say I did it because I thin kit was in the best interests, or say I am right do it or I walk.

I decided to stay firm, with them once again declining my reasoning and all of a sudden, I had to beg for my job.

I stated my loyalties and immaculate record at the club, my Legend status and the fact that fans and players alike love me.

They gave me another chance with a requirement... 10 points in opening 5 or I am out.

This is do-able with 3 wins a draw and a loss sufficing, but I was taken a back....

The club is thriving, we are doing very well and stable and we are already looking o expand - why are they taking such a hard stance on the new stadium is beyond me....

for the first time in over a decade since the chairman changing of the guard, I was under threat of my position.

New season now awaits and all of a sudden, there are some pretty big requirements and expectations!

33 pages of San Marino'ness. :eek:

I think I love you. :lol:

Can't wait to read this and will of course update your accomplishments.

A huge belated welcome and I'm sure well done. :applause:

Second attempt and half way through the season and doing OK with the club team (at work so can't provide pictures) - currently sat mid table and playing OK.

National Team though, that's another story. Getting thumped every game and only managed 1 draw against Gibraltar in a friendly. I seem to be struggling to get national reports for my players, so how do I know the best players to call up?

After a successful season, I noted that the recent planned upgrades to the stadium have stalled and cannot be completed due to council restrictions.

There was an option here to request a new stadium - So I did... What with our current size sitting at only 42,500.

I was denied the request, despite it being the year 2042, 20 years after San Marino Stadium was built.

Despite us filling up the ground virtually week upon week.

Despite us having the capacity to make a whole lot more and become a larger club both Continentally and internationally. It would really put San Marino on the map as a huge power horse (not that we aren't but our stadium doesn't show it).

Despite us having a behemoth kitty of just north of £1B and an estimated valued of £1.32B.

I questioned their decision, stating that we do indeed pack out the stadium each week, and it will be great for our reputation, to which they again, said a very firm no...

I had a brain snap, and clicked "Leak to Press" and vented my frustration. , but this proved to be a bad move...

I was summoned in to the boardroom and asked to take a seat, which i did so with butterflies all around in my stomach.

I was asked to point out my stance - I could waiver and say I'm sorry, be firm and say I did it because I thin kit was in the best interests, or say I am right do it or I walk.

I decided to stay firm, with them once again declining my reasoning and all of a sudden, I had to beg for my job.

I stated my loyalties and immaculate record at the club, my Legend status and the fact that fans and players alike love me.

They gave me another chance with a requirement... 10 points in opening 5 or I am out.

This is do-able with 3 wins a draw and a loss sufficing, but I was taken a back....

The club is thriving, we are doing very well and stable and we are already looking o expand - why are they taking such a hard stance on the new stadium is beyond me....

for the first time in over a decade since the chairman changing of the guard, I was under threat of my position.

New season now awaits and all of a sudden, there are some pretty big requirements and expectations!

I have always stayed clear of any sort of ultimatum, (or leak to the press), on the basis that this whole challenge is a marathon rather than a sprint and there is nothing that can't wait until tomorrow, or next week, or next year.

Very nice save kandersson I didn't read all of it, but I did see there was a controversial end to the World Cup campaign... Did you end up winning it? I wasn't able to find the results of it as it was a few pages in and I am currently at work.

Will you be taking this up on FM 16, or are you continuing with your FM14 one that it looks like you started at the end of the final page of your thread.

World Cup is my unicorn, that FM12 save is still there but I didn't continue after all, while couldn't find enough motivation to go far in FM14 though still had some moments (and the best striker ever produced in SM) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-manager-stories/147124-not-another-san-marino-story.html ... the only time I won WC with San Marino was in CM 03-04, but felt somewhat 'dirty' because at the time extra-EU players gained SM nationality after 5 years so eventually I had a NT full of south american stars...

Tend to start this at every FM but finding it difficult to commit long term since my FM12 effort, recently I've been doing similar challenges with Canada and New Zealand though obviously nothing compares to San Marino ;)

I had started on FM16 and holidayed two seasons waiting for San Marino to be promoted in serie C and become playable but never happened so far :( I did notice that Udinese can produce SM youngsters though (they have sammarinese feeder clubs, nice!) which is great.

Great to see other dedicated Titani managers like you and Jimbokav I mostly used this forum to report bugs but now will keep an eye on this! Also had written this simple guide for San Marino club/country back then, and should still make some sense now (it's only first post, don't worry!) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/85285-san-marino-guide-kandersson.html

Go Titani!

Second attempt and half way through the season and doing OK with the club team (at work so can't provide pictures) - currently sat mid table and playing OK.

National Team though, that's another story. Getting thumped every game and only managed 1 draw against Gibraltar in a friendly. I seem to be struggling to get national reports for my players, so how do I know the best players to call up?

I just go onto the National Pool and sort by ability (You may need to add this column). After a few squad selections you will start to get a better idea of who fits into your system anyway.

Alot of the time your youth products will immediately go into the NT anyway. If I look at my NP now, 5 of the top 10 players have come through my academy (1 came through in the 2015/16 season before I took over)

Whilst I agree, you would think after some 30 years at the helm, and coming off a successful season, I would be shown a bit more respect.

Luckily I was spared any blushes - would of been a poor way to have to end the save

Whilst I agree, you would think after some 30 years at the helm, and coming off a successful season, I would be shown a bit more respect.

Luckily I was spared any blushes - would of been a poor way to have to end the save

Dont quote me on this but I think the stadium has to be 25 years old. Im sure dafuge had this issue in his career thread on either FM14 or 15

I thought it was 20? Or is that just until the option to request is opened again?

I remember thinking it was 20 too, but the dafuge confirming it it was actually 25 years also rings a bell.

Let me have a look at last years thread and I will see what I have written about it.

I just go onto the National Pool and sort by ability (You may need to add this column). After a few squad selections you will start to get a better idea of who fits into your system anyway.

Alot of the time your youth products will immediately go into the NT anyway. If I look at my NP now, 5 of the top 10 players have come through my academy (1 came through in the 2015/16 season before I took over)

Cheers. Will have a look for the ability column. I've been trying to base the initial selections from the National Reports, but they are not shown for about 3/4 of the National Pool.

Archived