FM15: Valencia CF - The future was dim, now it's brighter with Lim!

Ty

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent thread. But Lims money doesnt reflect in the game. Perhaps this should be an editor change when SI does changes in Winter

I am sure you'll see a change in Valencia's fincances in the winter update, as the head researcher has mentioned it. Personally I am a little happier that his money doesn't reflect in the game as yet, as it will keep the save more entertaining at first.

Great thread, this. I did six months with Valencia in the beta and really enjoyed it, before other distractions took me elsewhere. What I really like about them is the potential to "build upon the great foundations you have infront of you", as Ty put it.

After my plans to disturb the spanish Real/Barca-dominance with Real Zaragoza ended prematurely, in tears, I'm tempted to give Valencia another go for a comparatively easier challenge.

My pre-season friendlies haven't gone exactly to plan so far, so I am hoping this picks up before the start of the season :o

You think your pre-season was bad? Can't beat mine. For some reason or another, the guys reeeeeeeeally didn't appreciate playing in Scotland. And this was the senior squad too, no strange youth experiments or whatever.

yrk6n.jpg

Fortunately, we picked it up when it mattered, currently in third place at the christmas break.

Great thread, this. I did six months with Valencia in the beta and really enjoyed it, before other distractions took me elsewhere. What I really like about them is the potential to "build upon the great foundations you have infront of you", as Ty put it.

After my plans to disturb the spanish Real/Barca-dominance with Real Zaragoza ended prematurely, in tears, I'm tempted to give Valencia another go for a comparatively easier challenge.

You think your pre-season was bad? Can't beat mine. For some reason or another, the guys reeeeeeeeally didn't appreciate playing in Scotland. And this was the senior squad too, no strange youth experiments or whatever.

]Snip image[

Fortunately, we picked it up when it mattered, currently in third place at the christmas break.

Glad to see you're back with Valencia, and WOW :eek: that Dundee Utd game?! What happened?! At least you've performed well in the league, who has been your best player? Mine has been Parejo by some distance.

Third place is what I was aiming for in the first season, but would take 4th obviously. I am sitting top, the only unbeaten team 14 games in... but with the big boys both only 3 points behind.

They thought they won it (so did I) when they went ahead in the 89th minute, I thought the run was over....

f3726e5c92f0f1f444a6f86cc96edd3b.png

Rodrigo had other plans in the 93rd minute though :D

The danger of Scotland eh gents? :)

What a run Ty, great result against Barcelona.. nothing better than an old player haunting his former employer eh.. unless it happens to us. How are the two Madrid sides shaping up?

Would you recommend Traore then? I listened to you on Neves after reading your thread is Traore up there? There's interest in Fegholi and I'm tempted to accept it and bring in Munir, yay or nay?

January comes around and with around 292 clubs interested in his services, Valencia are the team to get Bakkali on a free transfer come the end of the season :D

76ed82421b76b0f753d19f0b7f882f2c.png

£12.5k wages he joins on with the promise of first team status, and he will get a lot of first team football on that left wing. So far Piatti hasn't performed, Savitsky hasn't been great and Rodrigo probably playing the best there.

On a free, it seems like a no brainer business decision. With Utd, Chelsea, PSG etc all interested in him, no doubt I'll be able to get a huge fee out of him in a couple seasons. Hopefully he can make his mark in La Liga before then though.

The danger of Scotland eh gents? :)

What a run Ty, great result against Barcelona.. nothing better than an old player haunting his former employer eh.. unless it happens to us. How are the two Madrid sides shaping up?

Would you recommend Traore then? I listened to you on Neves after reading your thread is Traore up there? There's interest in Fegholi and I'm tempted to accept it and bring in Munir, yay or nay?

This is the first time I have signed Adama Traore, and my word, what a player! This is how he is doing for me;

80188c608a208fd3355e9be5474c7e9b.png

For £2.5m, he has been fantastic. I am trying to offload Feghouli but no interest at £10m :( If you can get a nice figure for him, definitely. Munir is on very high wages at Barcelona, presume he will want £50k+ a week? If you're happy to pay that, I can imagine he will be an amazing inside forward on the wing, if you retrain him.

This is the league currently... don't get too excited about my unbeaten run, I have Real Madrid literally next game. I honestly don't think Pereira or Barragán will deal with Ronaldo :( Tempted to play Mustafi there at RB, limit him and play another CB in the middle. Although, my other CB's are 17 and 20 :( decisions.

b7672b61347702e4e793439a164e892b.png

Glad to see you're back with Valencia, and WOW :eek: that Dundee Utd game?! What happened?! At least you've performed well in the league, who has been your best player? Mine has been Parejo by some distance.

Third place is what I was aiming for in the first season, but would take 4th obviously. I am sitting top, the only unbeaten team 14 games in... but with the big boys both only 3 points behind.

Actually, I'm not back, that third place is in my beta save from early november. I'm seriously giving it at thought, altough I'm leaning more towards a long term save in France at the moment. They just have some wonderful youth academies there, whilst I find the reserve team system in Spain a bit clunky.

Anyhow, our best players so far: Parejo, Feghouli and star man Otamendi, with 4 goals in 13 league games and just an absolute beast in the back line.

About the Dundee game, I honestly don't know what happened. It's like our bunch just didn't bother showing up while their players did the game of the century.

KOx84.jpg

Good luck with your game. A start like that and you're basically guaranteed CL footy next season. And winning the league in the first season - what would be the fun in that?

Actually, I'm not back, that third place is in my beta save from early november. I'm seriously giving it at thought, altough I'm leaning more towards a long term save in France at the moment. They just have some wonderful youth academies there, whilst I find the reserve team system in Spain a bit clunky.

Yeah I think everyone finds the reserve team system in Spain frustrating. I don't like it that is for sure. I was looking at Lyon or Auxerre, before settling on Valencia. Lyon for obvious reasons, the 'Valencia' so to speak of the French league, behind the big money boys. Auxerre in a more of a promotion challenge and rise back to the top sort of save.

Anyhow, our best players so far: Parejo, Feghouli and star man Otamendi, with 4 goals in 13 league games and just an absolute beast in the back line.

Parejo has just kicked off about wanted to join Man Utd in my save :( which is a shame, as if he had waited until the end of the season we could of fulfilled his ambition.

They came in with an £11m offer, the cheek :D managed to get £25m though. Which will see 50% available for transfer budget! Will be so hard to replace him though, he is a perfect advanced playmaker.

Good luck with your game. A start like that and you're basically guaranteed CL footy next season. And winning the league in the first season - what would be the fun in that?

Well, Real Madrid beat me and now if Real/Barca win their games in hand, I will be in third place. I knew I was never going to win the league, but it was fun being at the top for a while...

After expressing his desire to move to United or Chelsea...

be9b734a81bec8d1a9582e5bdc0c1f59.png

Brilliant news! Just need that transfer window to slam shut and I will be happy. 10 days left!

I went after Sergi Roberto as a replacement, but he wanted £77k a week. Rejected that and walked away instantly.

Yeah I think everyone finds the reserve team system in Spain frustrating. I don't like it that is for sure. I was looking at Lyon or Auxerre, before settling on Valencia. Lyon for obvious reasons, the 'Valencia' so to speak of the French league, behind the big money boys. Auxerre in a more of a promotion challenge and rise back to the top sort of save.

That's funny - I'm managing Auxerre at this very moment. Unfortunately, it seems I'm not made for lower league management, because our play's been totally wretched. Awful. I don't seem to have a clue on how to get some good football going with limited players. Since the board wants to see a title challenge (despite finishing 16th last season), there's every chance we won't ever live to see our first youth intake. Bummer.

Dunno what to do when this soon will be over. Maybe have a go at Marseille - similiar in size and stature to Valencia and Lyon, while being nowhere near PSG and Monaco in terms of cash (also they have the FM dream centre back partnership of N'Koulou and Doria) - or maybe just give up for good.

After expressing his desire to move to United or Chelsea...

That's great. Guess he discovered quicker than most that the grass isn't always greener...

Into February, and I am still top :D but not actually top...

b2c92986452be427a7055d6d9eddcd32.png

Level on points with Barca who have a game in hand, and 5 points clear of Madrid who have 4 games in hand. Safe to say, I am 3rd. Which I will happily take with open arms for my first season!

Well it looks like Feghouli is on his way to Fiorentina for a structured £18m! deal.. only to be replaced by (all going well now we've agreed terms), Munir.

Loving this save.

You managed to nab Munir for £10m? Impressive and I am very jealous, he is on my shortlist along with Samper, who I am desperately trying to get at the end of the season. He is unhappy at Barcelona and wants first team football... I WILL GIVE YOU FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL!

Also jealous... as I can't get rid of Feghouli to save my life :(

Ha! Munir has just gone and signed a new.. lower wage, less lucrative deal at Barcelona. At least he's loyal.

Back to the drawing board, Feghouli looks like i'll be cancelling his move.

Feghouli really hasn't performed for me, where as Adama in the same role has excelled. I'd keep looking for another RW and get rid of Feghouli, especially when you can get £18m for him.

Bad news about Munir though :( the dream was so close.

EDIT: I've just had a bid of £8.1m for Feghouli come in, I can't bring myself to accept it that low.

Feghouli really hasn't performed for me, where as Adama in the same role has excelled. I'd keep looking for another RW and get rid of Feghouli, especially when you can get £18m for him.

Bad news about Munir though :( the dream was so close.

EDIT: I've just had a bid of £8.1m for Feghouli come in, I can't bring myself to accept it that low.

Yeah it was quite gutting to see him resign for so low. Ah well move on to Plan b target of Agustin Allione.

My deal for Feghouli was structure over a couple of clauses, if that helps to get the fee up.

Yeah it was quite gutting to see him resign for so low. Ah well move on to Plan b target of Agustin Allione.

My deal for Feghouli was structure over a couple of clauses, if that helps to get the fee up.

Allione is an enemy of mine, had him with Portsmouth on FM13 and he was awful for me... sold him for £12m to Arsenal, where he was amazing and they sold him to Chelsea for £25m, where he was amazing and won Ballon D'or :( and he always scored 2+ goals past me, whether it was for Arsenal or Chelsea.

Feghouli 'happy to stay' at Valencia, as well as Parejo. More pleased about the latter!

Smoking thread. Love it. Used to love running Valencia. Way back when they had Roberto Ayala and Fabio Aurelio and Pablo Aimar and the home-grown LW I can't remember. Even in the early days of Juan Mata and Raul Albiol. I remember always wanting to sign Joaquin in those days but Betis wanted so much money. Then they did sign him but he didn't do anything. Oh, the early FM memories. I haven't run Valencia on the past few versions because of the finances and the B team format. I know its realistic but its annoying. MIght give it a try this time version and this thread will be a big reason why. Great work.

Smoking thread. Love it. Used to love running Valencia. Way back when they had Roberto Ayala and Fabio Aurelio and Pablo Aimar and the home-grown LW I can't remember. Even in the early days of Juan Mata and Raul Albiol. I remember always wanting to sign Joaquin in those days but Betis wanted so much money. Then they did sign him but he didn't do anything. Oh, the early FM memories. I haven't run Valencia on the past few versions because of the finances and the B team format. I know its realistic but its annoying. MIght give it a try this time version and this thread will be a big reason why. Great work.

Vicente! :D

I'm considering taking over Valencia as well, had great fun with them on FM12!

Joaquin is still Valencia's top ever transfer as well I think?

I think you definitely should give them a try, not that I am bias or anything :D

This is the first time I have ever managed them I think :D I imagine they was pretty easy on FM07 where Villa was an absolute good though.

Loving this lad already, heir to the Juan Mata throne..

[snip image]

I see he went to Arsenal on mine for £1.4m, :( I would have totally paid that... just assumed they'd want his release clause which is about £8m isn't it?

Yes! Why could I not think of his name. He was a monster but always injured. Always out for long periods. Which unfortunately reflected his real career, I suppose.

Joaquin is still Valencia's top ever transfer as well I think?

I think you definitely should give them a try, not that I am bias or anything :D

Yup, Joaquin is still their biggest outlay. Played about 5 seasons but never seemed as effective as at Betis. Had to look it up but they bought him in 2006. Made a few big purchasea round then - Banega, Zigic, Fernandes. None of them really paid off.

Part of the reason I haven't run them for years is that from about 2008 on, they woudl also sell key players for huge sums in real life - Villa, Mata, Albiol, Saldado, etc - and never have any funds. Due to the debt, so its realistic, I suppose, but it was always frustrating.

And I likely will at some point. But I will definitely be checking the thread regularly in the meantime.

Yup, Joaquin is still their biggest outlay. Played about 5 seasons but never seemed as effective as at Betis. Had to look it up but they bought him in 2006. Made a few big purchasea round then - Banega, Zigic, Fernandes. None of them really paid off.

Part of the reason I haven't run them for years is that from about 2008 on, they woudl also sell key players for huge sums in real life - Villa, Mata, Albiol, Saldado, etc - and never have any funds. Due to the debt, so its realistic, I suppose, but it was always frustrating.

And I likely will at some point. But I will definitely be checking the thread regularly in the meantime.

Forgot they signed Zigic, wasn't that for something stupid like £15-20m? :D Christ.

You forgot David Silva! Man City always launch him in their u21's, without fail on every save on FM14, and have done the same on my FM15 save with Arsenal. I am really hoping they do the same, and I will try and bring him back. Would love him in my team :)

Not sure I'd want Goaldado, already have Negoaldo... actually thinking about it, I am going to get rid of Alcacer cause I can't put 'goal' into his name :(

I'd love to build up the club so that in 3/4 seasons time, I could sign Mata! I know there is a slim, slim chance of that though.

--

Asensio looks quality, I'll keep my eye on him in case Arsenal never play him ever and he wants to leave.

Forgot they signed Zigic, wasn't that for something stupid like £15-20m? :D Christ.

You forgot David Silva! Man City always launch him in their u21's, without fail on every save on FM14, and have done the same on my FM15 save with Arsenal. I am really hoping they do the same, and I will try and bring him back. Would love him in my team :)

Zigic was a monster on FM one season. Not so much after that. And oh, he cost them a ton. Its not like he was lethal at Racing before they got him.

I did forget about Silva. I knew I was missing one of them. So much talent sold away in those few years. And I also forgot to include Jordi Alba, who went to Barca for a pretty penny.

Valencia : Season 1 - Preseason

14l4xax.jpg

Transfers :

As I said a few posts above I had some targets in mind and while I didn't get all of those intended I am happy with those brought in. Particularly excited with Asensio and Neves, Romero was brought in both for his undeniable talent but I must be honest and say I have next years budget and his sell on value in mind when bringing him in.

24q66hk.png

These are some deals I've agreed for the end of the season, Jovic is really exciting and I reckon he could be a real star given time. :

nn2o49.png

Preseason Fixtures :

I used a lot of the squad, mainly to build fitness and match sharpness. Our toughest opposition was probably faced too early in the build up, Sampdoria, but the performances against Servette & Trazbonspor. Still though happy with the way the side is looking although glad theres no European football as it is a bit thin in depth perhaps. Looking to push for a top 4 finish.

axcm13.png

Never heard of a few of those players, hopefully you've found some gems :thup:

I see you paid a fair whack for Romero, I managed to snag him for £3.7m, with another £3.5m to come after 50 appearances, but if he is leaving the club after a season then it is more profit for me, as we won't play that many games :D

Jovic is a fantastic signing, I got him at Arsenal when looking for a perfect poacher and here is how he looks now with 1 black star to go, so he could be very close to his cap there;

68ddcfaf1838ae4e7ec59422aad74a89.png

Now you can get stuck into the league and push for Champions League. I am wondering how much money I'll get for next season if (when) I qualify for the Champions League, I am hoping for £10-15m.

This is how the table is looking after 26 games, I knew it was going to happen so wasn't at all gutted when they played their games in hand and overtook me :D

c08656570c7495c3095bbb3ca7532824.png

Atletico were the second team of the season to beat me, with a 93rd minute winner from Mandzukic. I've drawn too many though :mad:

Now you can get stuck into the league and push for Champions League. I am wondering how much money I'll get for next season if (when) I qualify for the Champions League, I am hoping for £10-15m.

£3m. Initial budgets set at £3m.

**** my life.

Really? That sucks... My friend received £10 million as initial budget for the 2nd season.

I am a little disappointed :( there was a couple players I wanted to go after. Samper and Saul being the main targets, gutted.

--

I have just got revenge on Real Madrid, with this result :D I had 2 shots on target, both went in. Paco deciding to score his first goal in 10 games when it really mattered!

74cd2c421886e61e9441abf64705d964.png

Well atleast the low budget hasn't depressed you enough to quit the game :)

And good result there Ty!

Am going to start a Valencia save myself in the next few hours, seems like a great team this year.

Can I ask about Ruben Neves? How much did he cost you, or is he still just on loan?

Well, going into the last game of the season and I am in a position to win the league, both so are Barca and Real Madrid :D wasn't expecting this at all. I could finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd!

I don't even want to win the league, because it's not like I will get any money out of it :mad:

Ruben Neves is on loan, not a chance I will be able to pay the £17m to make it permanent. Will hopefully loan him for another season though!

Good luck man. How's it panned out? Is there much interest in your squad?

Yeah I had seen the resonable fee you paid for Romero and I've noticed others get him lower, i just can never get River Plate to budge.

Is the low budget anything to do with the Negredo money? But yeah that's not fantastic to hear about the budget althought I'm thinking money from selling Romero and Feghouli will give me the funds I need to make a couple of signings. After all with the chat a few posts back isn't that the Valencia way, sell to buy. Hopefully with some steady success and good financial management over time the budgets will improve.

Someone I'm eyeing for next season is the Bosman signing or Roberto Pereya from Udinese, another South American brother to add to our flock and another player who's value only goes up after a season or so. Another player who's caught my eye is again another Argentinian, River Plate's exciting AMC Tomas Martinez, scout is really impressed with him and he has a £6m release clause..

I am not sure I am happy how things have worked out :( most depressing league win ever. I actually wish I had finished 5/6th, just so there wasn't the added pressure for season two.

I'll obviously do a proper write up before I go into the next season, but here is the main jist of it...

- Won the league by 1 point, hooray...

- The whole world and their dog is interested in my players

- Dani Parejo/Alcacer/Mustafi (3 most key players) are instantly targeted

- Board expect a title challenge next season, minimum

- Finally - I am hit with this fantastic news;

fe0b865e9c3dbf9c59699767bd6bad77.png

Thankfully I only got that news after before I sold Mustafi, so I didn't get any money to replace him basically. So I am going to have to use the returning Victor Ruiz this season, although he only has 1 year left on his contract. I think this may continue to be 20-50% until the debt in 2018/19 is gone, so it may be a difficult save until then, challenge accepted.

Parejo wanted £120k to sign a new contract, so I didn't even try and argue that one :( Alcacer on the other hand, they met his release clause and I tried to offer him more money and incentives to stay but he chose to leave and then Mustafi was the same as Alcacer. Only wanted around £50k a week, happy to pay it but chose to leave instead. Managed to get more money from Mustafi than his release clause by staggering the payments, sneaky. I am so happy they haven't targeted Romero/Traore since I got that 20% news come through!

I am really frustrated at how this has panned out, but in the same way I have found it really fun :) strange. It is like any team that overacheives, their team gets picked off by the big boys (Look at Southampton last season).

I am extremely happy with my signings this year and reckon a challenge title could be possible, so look forward to updating properly in a bit!

-

^

Im not sure if I should congratulate you or be sorry for you man! That's a really unusual scenario to find yourself in, definite well done for toppling the grip of the big two so quickly.. Oh really!? That's horrible, not at home but whats the story with the debt then? Amount and time it takes to pay back?

I just got the great news that Jose Gaya is out for 3 months!!

Started a game with Valencia last night after being motivated by this thread. I tried to sign Jesus Vallejo but he decided to go to Liverpool but I managed to snap him up on loan for the season. Already rejected bids for Alcacer and Feghouli as Im unfamiliar with the squad so wanted to see what they were like first. However, because I rjected Man Utds bid for Alcacer he wanted a better contract so I just gave him what he asked for (probably a mistake) and now I cant sign anyone else as the wages are so poor! Ha ha! Still enjoying it so far and won all pre season games so far, except a 5-2 capitulation away at Arsenal. Still have Hamburg away to play then onto th efirst game of the season away at Sevilla.

I wouldn't congratulate me, as it could be my downfall for season 2 :( I am not sure that I toppled them so to speak, Real Madrid finished with 8 draws so I can only feel I got this title from them underacheiving.

The debt is huge;

4aa428a5f0aa7f5d530e0c23d79e952d.png

So, it looks like it will have to be well managed finances and players until 2019. I can see why people are off puting a save until the winter update and Valencia have great finances, but I can't see the fun in that at the moment :D I like the idea of having to sell high and buy low to compete.

That reminds me, OFFER GAYA A NEW CONTRACT! He has a £24m release clause I think, I managed to get that up to £60m with a bit of negoatiating. Otamendi has a £12m one as well, which is really making me nervous as I can't afford to offer him a new contract and he is wanted :( even if we sell him, he'll only take us out of the red for wages and give us £2m to spend... I can't afford to lose him!

Started a game with Valencia last night after being motivated by this thread. I tried to sign Jesus Vallejo but he decided to go to Liverpool but I managed to snap him up on loan for the season. Already rejected bids for Alcacer and Feghouli as Im unfamiliar with the squad so wanted to see what they were like first. However, because I rjected Man Utds bid for Alcacer he wanted a better contract so I just gave him what he asked for (probably a mistake) and now I cant sign anyone else as the wages are so poor! Ha ha! Still enjoying it so far and won all pre season games so far, except a 5-2 capitulation away at Arsenal. Still have Hamburg away to play then onto th efirst game of the season away at Sevilla.

Good to see you joining us! :thup:

You can adjust the budget slightly to give yourself more wages... it's what I did, took £3m off my budget to put into wages for the year!

Did you put a higher release clause in Alcacer's new contract?

Selling Paco is a sin.
Congrats on winning the title Ty :D Shame you couldn't hold onto Alcacer :(

Quoted from my opening post :( I feel dirty... I had no choice though, release clause met and he chose not to re-sign with us.

I gave them all new contracts when I started to get rid of some of those horrible release fees.

While I'm sure it's help having Lim's money to back you up I'm enjoying the grind, plus I prefer to play that way of selling to buy.

584.png

Season Review 2014/15

Transfers

Transfers In - All in all, a very successful first transfer window for buying players. A couple of first time signings for me, never purchased Odegaard or Savitskiy before but at those prices they had to be done. Savitskiy failed to impress me and probably the least effective signing.

Neves was outstanding, couple of silly red cards but held his own. Just a shame we wont be able to nab him from Porto for anything less than his release clause. Romero we all know about, for £3.8m, he was always going to be a success and he was. Traore and Vallejo was the stars though, with Otamendi suffering a couple injuries throughout the season Vallejo really shined and with Mustafi leaving the club for season two... he will get even more game time no doubt.

Adama Traore was a real bargain though at £2.5m, look at these for a seasons return;

c8460d65abc02af5d4fe804bad7629b1.png

There wasn't really any transfers out, just Rober and Akapo out on loan. Not the same can be said about season two...

League and Competitions

Here is the massive surprise to me, that we actually won the league. I posted up the page about how Real Madrid had 4 games in hand and only 5 points behind etc. Barcelona also drawing a lot of games, kind of gifted me the title. I am not writing this save off as 'too easy' though, with the financial strictness and losing my key men to bigger teams I can feel this save only getting harder from here.

Won the leage on the final day, and all 3 teams won... meaning the table looked kind of top heavy... 93, 92, 92. Insane.

dedbd704c5678cb55a2eccdf9879d25a.png

Stats wise, Ronaldo walked the goalscoring and Neymar just about pipped Traore by 1 assist for the top spot. Paco finished in 5th place with 16 goals in the league, that 10 game drought really knocked him out of the running early.

The Copa del Rey didn't quite go to plan, by that, I mean I completely messed up :D I never realised I would go out on away goals and never pushed for the win in the second leg, was expecting extra time/penalties. I kind of facepalmed when I realised when I gave the team talk it was the end of the game.

Next Season?

Next season is going to be tough, but the minimum I want again is 4th. Although the board expect a 'title' challenge, so hopefully they'll remember the glorious title I gave them this season.

- Finish 4th or higher

- Replace sold players (Already done!)

- Qualify for knockout stages of Champions League

Archived