What thrills you most, one manager career save, or taking over same club over and over again?

Sometimes it´s unexplainable, but you do get the sack now and then. What do you FM-players do when that happens? Continue that save with the same manager but applying for jobs and getting on with it that way, or create a new user and take over your old club? Why I say this is that you can, if you wish, develop a love-partnership with a single club that you can not let go in any way. Sometimes even getting the sack can destroy your faith with the game. And, shouldnt there be a option for you to ask the board for another chance in some way? I don´t mean the same old oh gosh I wish get more time to rebuild the squad, but just basically apologize to the board for the results?

I hope I don't sound cocky, but I've never been sacked in any Football manager game (ie from FM2005 onwards) and the only time I've ever been sacked in any Championship Manager game (before the split) was when I took Nuneaton Borough on CM01/02 up out the Conference to the 1st division and they sacked me after I finished mid table a couple of times and looked like finishing mid table a 3rd time. If I did get sacked, I'd personally carry on and apply for another club, though I'd do my best to avoid the sack.

I've been sacked loads of times, and also been pushed into resigning. Got forced out of Dortmund and had a dud season with

Sevilla... I somehow got an interview for Milan and got the job. They'd just finished 2nd and have a quality squad, Currently battling it out with Inter for first place and got them in the super cup final!

I'm loving it after having a pretty lame start to the save.

Usually start as a sunday football with no experience. I holiday and apply for jobs, as per the holiday function in the game. I take the first job that comes along. Plod along until I am managing a club in a top division either by appointment or promotion (usually by about 2030). I make a point to never takeover at a club like Real, Barca, Chelsea, Man City.

If I get sacked (very rare) then I just apply for more jobs and continue my career.

Goals:

Get team to be the richest club in the world. (Can take a long long time)

Get a new stadium.

Usually start as a sunday football with no experience. I holiday and apply for jobs, as per the holiday function in the game. I take the first job that comes along. Plod along until I am managing a club in a top division either by appointment or promotion (usually by about 2030). I make a point to never takeover at a club like Real, Barca, Chelsea, Man City.

If I get sacked (very rare) then I just apply for more jobs and continue my career.

Goals:

Get team to be the richest club in the world. (Can take a long long time)

Get a new stadium.

2030!? if you start as a sunday league manager with no experience does it really take that long to get a top flight club??? put me off being such a manager now lol

Well, then i am not so cocky. Recently got the sack from the Liverpool job, biggest mistake was selling Suarez for 60M€ of course. But you would on the other hand think that with a budget consisting of 107M€ you would build a title challenge team, but there´s something about Liverpool in FM14 at least that does not guarantee success. That´s why I look forward to FM15 and a truly inspired and improved Liverpool side.

Well, then i am not so cocky. Recently got the sack from the Liverpool job, biggest mistake was selling Suarez for 60M€ of course. But you would on the other hand think that with a budget consisting of 107M€ you would build a title challenge team, but there´s something about Liverpool in FM14 at least that does not guarantee success. That´s why I look forward to FM15 and a truly inspired and improved Liverpool side.

Inspired and improved? More like they will be even worse in FM15 after Chewy Luis left.

All my saves have been one club saves. I never get sacked.

I did once have a very weird situation though, managing Afan Lido in Wales, I won the league, the cups, and got into the group stages of the Europa League via the Champions League qualifying. The results in those games were very tense 1-0 wins against much bigger opposition.

I had 3-4 months left on my contract so I asked for a new one, was told I wasn't doing good enough for the team and when I demanded it, was sacked or 'let go'.

I reloaded that save waited one month and was offered a huge contract extension and pay rise. I thought it was very bizarre, because what I had done with Afan Lido was ridiculous and I thought they should have been begging me to stay. I ended up posting it up here, I think, because it was a strange case.

Aside from that though, never been in the situation where I've had a sacking on the table. I've survived one or two club takeovers though.

If I were to get sacked normally though, I would probably kill the file and make a new one.

2030!? if you start as a sunday league manager with no experience does it really take that long to get a top flight club??? put me off being such a manager now lol

16 seasons isn't so bad. It can take longer or shorter. For example, starting in 3rd Division Brazil it took me 15 seasons to get them to the top flight and win the league 3 times in a row before I was even considered for the Newcastle job, every other job application outside Brazil, in Europe, I was laughed at. But I felt going to a leauge 1 club was a step back.

Currently I started at Bohs in Ireland, and I got the opportunity to manage Walsall (or some team with a W) and I wasn't there that long before Middlesborough snapped me up. Then after 2 seasons Chelsea wanted me. And then 3 seasons after that I'm at Bayern.

I think it's the year 2036 or something like that - I'm not sure, as I'm not at home to check.

But the long term saves can be fun and interesting.

My next stop will be Italy, and probably around 2040/45 - and I'll probably manage there for about 10 years and then go to Spain.

The most Important thing I do when changing clubs is this

I quit my post

Set the game to holiday and let 2 seasons pass by.

This seems to even out the teams a bit more, as I usually snap up youth players that are good - but eventually I usually loan them out and sell them on with a percentage profit.

I give it 2 seasons before applying for a job as I feel this gets the players I bought for the team a chance to move around and mix up some teams around Europe/Globe.

It works for me.

I personally would take over another club and continue. The whole point of football manager is not just winning all your games but it is to experience the ups and downs of football management. And in this day and age sacking/firing/new challenge etc is all part and parcel of new generation football management. :thup::thup:;)

These days I would try and find a new team to take over. If nothing came up would start a new save with a different team

I have only ever been sacked once in all the FM's. I was Bolton who are my club IRL, was struggling in 18th and got the

bullet. In this case I did re-load the save and start again with Bolton, I loaned Lomana Lua Lua and Sinama Pongolle and

they scored loads and I came a remarkable 4th. FM is bizarre sometimes.

My favourite ever career as a manager was in fm13, started with coventry, my team as usually, and followed my career path from there from team to team..generally not really succeeding, until I got the grimsby job, at this point I've grown a lot more into the game and taken the time to come on these forums and learn a lot more about what the hell I'm trying to do.. And the pay off for building a team year on year and getting promotions and rewards for it was a pleasure! So I definatly think this is the best way to do things.

of course always fun to start as a premiership team too and manager all the top players of today in their prime.. Would be rude not to right?

So much option with FM though...

Archived