World Cup Transfers

JD nawrat

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously they were signed for the same price? Who'll be first choice then?

Presumably rotate them heavily. Bravo is 31 and ter-Stegen is 22 so presumably Bravo is going to be the more dependable option with ter-Stegen getting experience games for the first season.

Seems utterly pointless to splurge on Bravo for £12M when he's not a long term option (31 is not old but ter Stegen is the obvious long term choice here).

Keepers can play well into their late 30s, I think if Bravo adapts well to the highest level (there's no reason to think he wouldn't as he looks great, but Barça have an history of keepers who've proved dodgy against expectations) he could be a starter for many years still.

I'm not entirely sure what they're thinking to pay so much for 2 keepers but presumably the idea is if one doesn't prove good enough there's still the other, and they needed to hire 2 keepers anyway. Usually it's not a good idea to rotate keepers though (or have an unclear hierarchy like this) - doubt creeps into their mind.

All I can say is that I've seen enough of Bravo to say he merits that starting berth for Barcelona, can't say the same thing of Ter Stegen. Low must see something that he doesnt like in him that he keeps picking Zieler ahead of him.

• Administrators

Bravo's one of the best La Liga goalkeepers in terms of playing with his feet, that's a big reason behind signing him. The other is the impending transfer ban and having reliability in the position in the likely event they lose their appeal.

Well he's not... :D

It's not just TSB reporting this btw, they were just the first to do so. Independent has picked up on it in the last hour or so - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/alexis-sanchez-to-arsenal-has-barcelona-strikers-agent-dropped-a-hint-over-transfer-destination-9583349.html

It obviously doesn't suggest he's definitely going anywhere, but there had been speculation for a long time that Sanchez would prefer to go to Arsenal than Liverpool and this seems to confirm that view.

e: From the Indie article:

"Whilst Felicevich also follows Manchester United, Barcelona and Juventus on the social networking site - he does not follow Liverpool's official Twitter account."

He'd be right in prefering Arsenal over Liverpool at least.

But I don't think he wants to move anyway. Barcelona will probably force him out if they manage to make a deal for Suarez, and I'm going to be incredibly pissed.

I need to take a **** after getting pissed.

Ants and molehill on that 'story' btw. It's the problem with the instant news generation, and the inflation such 'stories' get in social 'media'. A nothing story gets repeated a zillion times, and suddenly the dirt sticks to the wall.

Archived