Testimonial match for Steven Gerrard

I am in my 6th season with my Liverpool save into December 2018. Steven Gerrard is now 38 and had announced he would retire end of the season, i.e 5 more months to go. Is there a feature in this game that I can arrange a testimonial match for him? (I can't find any option available). And if can, will I be able to invite past & present players, incl the likes of Carragher, the Neviile brothers, Ryan Giggs, etc?

To be perfectly honest; no there isn't the club sorts it all out and will usually arrange terrible opposition. Rio Ferdinand played his testimonial against some random lower league Mexican team, all because Panianios refused to play. Seems like a great idea for next year though, suggest it in GD

I haven't seen that yet, didn't know the feature existed. I remembered when Giggs was finally going to retire in mine, brought him on in the final of the UCL when we were comfortably leading very late on, just so that would be his final run in the team. I hadn't played him in the first team all season.

You should be able to arrange a testimonial. Check on the fixtures page where you arrange friendlies. Where you choose the type of match (league, cup, friendly) there should be an option to select testimonial.

I have checked there is no option under "Matches" to arrange for testimonial match, only friendlies, tour, league & cup. Anyway, my last league game for the season is at home against Spurs on 19 May and he retires on 20 May. I'll probably give him 45mins for his swan song match in front of the Anfield crowd. Just hope that we would have wrapped up the Premier league title by then. What a great occasion will be for him to put the curtain down on his illustrious playing career by lifting the Premiership trophy at his beloved home turf :D

In my last Spurs save I had the ass.manager arranged testimonials for both Sandro and Kyle Walker when they had been with the team long enough. They were arranged in the pre-season and both were against teams they had previously played for.

I've had two or three players eligible for testimonial. The board will tell you if a player has been granted one you then go to fixtures, arrange testimonial and pick a team. It is generally after 10 years with the same club but I don't think it happens to every player and this is very much a British thing, I don't think some European countries are quite so bothered by loyalty.

I've had two or three players eligible for testimonial. The board will tell you if a player has been granted one you then go to fixtures, arrange testimonial and pick a team. It is generally after 10 years with the same club but I don't think it happens to every player and this is very much a British thing, I don't think some European countries are quite so bothered by loyalty.

I'm quite sure Stevie G had been with the Reds for more than 10 years (IRL and in my save too) and I think he rightly deserve a testimonial. He had been at the club long before I "replaced" Brandon Rogers back in July 2013 :D

Unless this feature is not available in FMC mode, I'll be eagerly looking forward to see whether the Board will grant him one before he hang up his boots on 20 May 2019 :rolleyes:

I am in my 6th season with my Liverpool save into December 2018. Steven Gerrard is now 38 and had announced he would retire end of the season, i.e 5 more months to go. Is there a feature in this game that I can arrange a testimonial match for him? (I can't find any option available). And if can, will I be able to invite past & present players, incl the likes of Carragher, the Neviile brothers, Ryan Giggs, etc?
Pretty sure you won't get the option to give Gerrard a testimonial though as in real life he has had his already. Having never managed Liverpool on fm14 I don't know what friendlies they have during the 2013 pre season but SG had a testimonial against Olympiacos in August

An icon of my Polish club got a testimonial when he was 30/31, after around 10 years in my club (I didn't do anything to get it, but my assistant manager arranges friendlies). I have another club icon, now 30 years old, who has been with the club since he was 15, but no one arranged a testimonial for him yet. Seeing that there are testimonial matches in the game made me feel warm inside, anyhow.

Archived