FC_Vaduz.png

FC Vaduz 1932

Club Information:

Founded: 1932

Stadium: Rheinpark Stadion, Vaduz

Capacity: 7,838 (6,127 seated)

1493696_w2.jpg

Rheinpark Stadion

Never have a lot of luck with saves when I try to create my own tactics, but hoping this one will turn out differently. This save is interesting as even though Vaduz play in the Swiss League, they come from Liechtenstein.

Objectives:

• Obviously to go as far with Vaduz as I can, both in Switzerland and Europe.
  • To eventually produce players good enough to be first team regulars and who will help the national team, I won't be placing any transfer restrictions upon myself though.
  • Take charge of Liechtenstein, using my own players as much as possible.

Updates will be more comprehensive after the first season as I wanted to play through one season to decide whether I would create a thread or not, so unfortunately I won't be able to provide a league table until the end of the season.

[b]Season     Club         League                   Position    Notes[/b]
2013/14    FC Vaduz     Swiss Challenge League   1st         Promotion

FC_Vaduz.png

Season 2013/14

June Fixtures

Ihjwm6M.png

Two main aims of friendlies for me are to make the team familiar with tactics and to raise morale, never expected to win against Hoffenheim but it's all progress.

July Fixtures

34qqcus.png

July saw us begin our Europa League campaign, with an easy tie against Prestatyn relatively unscathed. Hacken presented a much tougher task and I was delighted to come through that, just about. We also began our league campaign with a good performance away to Schaffhausen, a game we were expected to win.

FC_Vaduz.png

Season 2013/14

August Fixtures

wfY2HZB.png

Things began to get busy this month in the league, we continued our unbeaten start with 3 wins and 3 draws. We also came up against Saint-Etienne in the Europa League and with odds stacked against us, we were unsurprisingly knocked out. At the end of August we were in 2nd Place with 15 points.

September Fixtures

1fNDKYW.png

Not many games this month due to the international break but it was a great one for us. The win against Servette took us into 1st Place and at the end of the month with a tally of 24 points.

Will it matter that you can't get into the Champion's League with Vaduz?

I presumed that the fact that Europa League winners will be given a CL spot from next season would be built into the game. If not, I don't really mind because I hope to focus more upon Liechtenstein in the future.

FC_Vaduz.png

Season 2013/14

October Fixtures

DQtuKx7.png

Perfect month again, this brought us to 7 wins in a row, leaving us in 1st Place on 36 points.

November Fixtures

mNyW8fe.png

This month was very disappointing for us. The run of 9 league wins in a row came to an end, and we also saw ourselves get knocked out of the cup, meaning we wouldn't be in the Europa League next season. Terrible team to lose to, terrible for the finances and for the club. We ended the month in 1st Place on 43 points​.

Enjoying these updates, mate.

Small request, though, could we get screenshots of the league table?

Be nice to see what's going on elsewhere in the league, that's all.

Otherwise, really well done.

Really sorry about this, explained why I can't do so in the OP for the first season only, hopefully gonna fly through the 2013/14 updates and will give a final league table :)

Good luck with Vaduz! Nice challenge :)

Thank you :)

FC_Vaduz.png

Season 2013/14

December Fixtures

XvMTct0.png

Perfect form before the 2 month winter break. In a very strong position going into the second half of the season. At this stage we were in 1st Place on 52 points.

Winter Friendlies

9gMpzac.png

As you can see, we had many friendlies in a short space of time. The only reason for this was because we're in massive debt and it needed some relieving. Every little helps.

FC_Vaduz.png

Season 2013/14

February Fixtures

u0g2yJL.png

Two good wins, including a home win against rivals Winterthur. Leaves us pulling away from the pack in 1st Place on 58 points.

March Fixtures

aTBwhOl.png

Not the best of months, but most importantly it put us in the position that if we won our next game and other results went our way, we would become champions. We ended March in 1st Place on 66 points.

FC_Vaduz.png

Season 2013/14

April Fixtures

fMpIFzK.png

The win over Schaffhausen and a slip-up from Lugano saw us take the title with 7 games to spare. After that our performances slowed down a bit but it didn't matter a bit. We ended the month as Champions on 74 points.

May Fixtures

i4VkvmJ.png

More draws but at least an unbeaten month. We finished up 24 points ahead of the rest in 1st Place on 80 points. Season overview coming up next.

FC_Vaduz.png

FC Vaduz

Season 2013/14

Media Prediction: 5th

Final Position: 1st (Positions Graph)

Swiss Challenge League - Winners

Was a pretty straightforward year for us in this league, slow start while the team got used to the tactic but when they did we took off away from the rest of the pack. Pretty satisfied with the tactic we used, it seemed to work perfectly against the teams around us.

Liechtensteiner Cup - Quarter Final

The less said, the better. We should be winning this cup every year and there's no excuses for that.

Transfers

Not a lot going on here. Got rid of players who didn't fit the tactic we played, The signings of Faye and Turbi in particular proved to be vital.

Finances

Just terrible, hope TV money from the top division helps but really worried about what budgets I'll get next season.

Key Players

Haris Handzic - Probably our best player in terms of quality and performance. About a goal every 2 games and 9 assists was a great return.

Peter Jehle - Very solid goalkeeper, made loads of vital saves for us. Don't think his average rating is fair from what I watched.

César Ledesma Turbi - Very good signing for us. Chipped in with a good number of assists from wing back.

Franz Burgmeier - Played on the other side, same amount of assists as Turbi and was my first choice despite having 2 players in the same position rated above him by my staff.

Pape Omar Faye - Played in behind Handzic, did what I wanted of him, with an impressive tally of 13 goals

Amin Tighazoui - When Faye's form dropped off, he came in and performed brilliantly. Could find himself above Faye next season.

Youth Intake

Thomas Pagels - Could be a great player in the future, his strength needs work primarily though.

Jonas Moller - Again he has potential, hoping to improve his finishing soon.

Torsten Muller - Not too sure about him, hopefully he'll develop well enough with a few first team appearances.

FC_Vaduz.png

FC Vaduz

Pre-Season 2014/15

hPCzIGn.png?1

Unfortunately yet again we couldn't focus too much on training tactics and match fitness by choosing suitable opponents because of how bad the finances are. We lost the majority of our friendlies to tougher opponents, but form improved towards the end.

Transfers

unJ5Us8.png?1

I really would've liked to have done more here but our finances restricted us greatly. I made a huge mistake last season by signing all our youth intake players to boost numbers but they automatically got £400 a week for 5 years, so I decided to let them go. Kalaba is a fantastic signing for us I feel, by far our best player.

Congrats on promotion, even though it doesn't look promising that you couldn't strengthen much.

Yeah the finances are in a very bad way...the simple aim is to stay up because our squad is most definitely the worst in the league, and our club value is tiny in comparison to the rest.

FC Vaduz

Mid-Season 2014/15

Fixtures

by1Zi7G.png?1

Bit of a mixed bag, we got off to a terrible start, but from September to the beginning of November things really began to pick up. The standout game from the period would be the 2-1 loss at home to Thun, 3 minutes added on and we conceded in the 95th, not a nice way to lose, especially to the bottom team.

League Table

FSq5JmK.png?1

Quite a tight league table, but at least there's a slight gap between us and last place. We need to have a strong start to the second half of the season to try pull away and secure a place in the division as soon as possible. Basel unsurprisingly have already established a large lead.

Player of the Update

WIs5TJI.png

Signed in pre-season, he's by far our best player, not the greatest performances from him but the best of an average bunch. Hoping he kicks on as he becomes more familiar with the team.

FC_Vaduz.png

FC Vaduz

Season 2014/15

Swiss Super League

Media Prediction: 9th

Final Position: 8th (Positions Graph)

Swiss Super League - 8th Place

Thankfully we succeeded in avoiding relegation which was the main objective, however we only secured this with two games to go. I see this as a good achievement considering the quality of players and our club stature in comparison to the rest of the league.

Liechtensteiner Cup - Winners

Winning it as we should be, we even came up against our own U21s team in the semi-final which was unusual.

Fixtures

We played much poorer in the second half of the season, but the 12 points we took from a possible 18 around April/May secured our survival

Transfers

Made no further signings from the start of the season so I used the same screenshot. Some other players who were surplus to requirements have been released.

Finances

Things are really picking up here, should be in the black soon and heading towards sustaining that.

Key Players

Haris Handzic - He had a much better second half to the season, chipped in with some key goals.

Peter Jehle - Not as good a season but has always been a great shot stopper.

César Ledesma Turbi - Another decent contribution from the wing.

Thomas Pagels - Broke into the first team and played well enough, his stats have progressed a lot including his strength by 4, which is very pleasing.

Rainford Kalaba - The new man in behind Handzic, our star player.

Átila - One of our better players, solid at the back.

Youth Intake

Gabriele Ganci - Looks like he has potential, good determination so hopefully that will mean something in the future.

Mattia Menétrey - I don't fancy his chances.

Sven Gerber - He looks promising, will hopefully get some game time for me and the national team soon.

Jurgen Schumann - Will probably become a decent player but not expecting too much.

2014/15    FC Vaduz     Swiss Super League       8th         Liechtensteiner Cup Winners

FC_Vaduz.png

FC Vaduz

Pre-Season 2015/16

hTisVDr.png?1

A few more friendlies to help out our finances, although we shouldn't have to do too much more of this.

Transfers

tn5ZPZ2.png?1

Joel Untersee - A very good wing-back, will definitely be good competition for Turbi. Managed to get him from our new parent club Juventus.

Ivano Petrillo - From Juventus on loan as well, has potential but don't see him starting too much, rotation player most likely.

Christoph Stenz - Our wage budget isn't too big, but for whatever reason it seems like Swiss players have much less demands. He's not bad and could well find himself starting.

Gilles Cros - He could well take over from Jehle as our #1. PSG are our second parent club.

Patrick Cazzaniga - Similar to Stenz as he had reasonable wage demands and is a centre-back. Very likely to become a regular depending on our formation.

Vajebah Sakor - Very talented loanee, will see a lot of game time and will hopefully be an important player for us this year.

Mattia Desole - I already have a lot of left-backs but he wasn't asking for much wages and had the potential to be better than all of my current players in his position. I decided to send Gétaz out on loan to save wages as he wouldn't see much football for us.

A couple of oldies (Sara and Pergl) were let go, Gétaz went out on loan as we had too many LBs and the rest were unimportant youngsters who weren't going to make it.

FC Vaduz

July/August 2015/16

Fixtures

qceJXUM.png?1

A mixed start. The loss against Grasshoppers was a really bad one and coincided with a deterioration in our league results. We reached the same stage in Europe as we did last time out, the win over Brondby was a particular highlight though. I thought that would be the end of our journey but we battered them over two legs.

League Table

3BV2iJZ.png?1

Luzern, now managed by Roberto Di Matteo, are falling away at the bottom. I think if they keep playing as they are then we won't have to worry about relegation. Basel look like they will pull away with ease again.

Aha, Rainford Kalaba! Fantastic. Don't think I've ever seen anyone else buy him, but I had him as a rotational option at Swansea in FM13 and he was more than adequate for that. Should be a solid option even as you become title contenders.

Aha, Rainford Kalaba! Fantastic. Don't think I've ever seen anyone else buy him, but I had him as a rotational option at Swansea in FM13 and he was more than adequate for that. Should be a solid option even as you become title contenders.

Was delighted to get him, I got him on trial for Hertha Berlin in FM13, couldn't afford his wages but he was able to play in one cup game for me, stole the show with 2 goals and sent us through :D

FC Vaduz

September/October 2015/16

Fixtures

Asuyu7b.png?1

A much better set of results, in particular the away wins at St. Gallen and Grasshoppers. The loss against Lausanne is one I'd rather forget about as we need to be beating teams like them. I sense that we are gradually improving though.

League Table

FPFPhtD.png?1

Luzern's bad form has continued and Aarau aren't much better off. The table is tight enough and a good run of form could hopefully push us high up the table. Basel will most likely win another title.

FC Vaduz

November/December 2015/16

Fixtures

O2Sch7P.png?1

Absolutely brilliant return in these two months. Luzern and Aarau we should've beat but we always lose to Basel. I decided to just play normally against them instead of containing and we were unlucky not to win. Beating Zurich was the main highlight as we got a winner in the 92nd minute.

League Table

ekGLf9T.png?1

Fantastic position to find ourselves in at the halfway stage. Only 2 points off second but then against only 6 points off 8th. Very tight at the moment so we need to keep up our good form. A bit obvious who will be playing their football in the division below next season, and a bit obvious who will win the league.

FC_Vaduz.png

FC Vaduz

Season 2015/16

Swiss Super League

Media Prediction: 9th

Final Position: 3rd (Positions Graph)

Swiss Super League - 3rd Place

An absolutely brilliant season for us,we were never realistically going to challenge for the title but to finish that high up the table considering the initial prediction, it's a great achievement.

Liechtensteiner Cup - Winners

Again, very straight forward.

Fixtures

Got off to a great start but our form fell off a bit. The win one lose one pattern towards the end is very unusual.

Transfers

2 more signings since pre-season, Garnier has gone back to PSG so I can try push my youth product into contention for a first team place, and Pirker has gone out on loan. That £100 is the first we've spent.

Finances

Things have gotten much better, and the new sponsorship deals keep coming

Key Players

Haris Handzic - Another good season from him, but I'm not sure how much longer we can hold onto him for.

Thomas Pagels - His real breakthrough season, won the league's Young Player of the Year award and his stats have improved significantly. A future Liechtenstein captain for sure.

Rainford Kalaba - Brilliant season from him again, nearly into his 30s so might be replaced by one of our youth products in a season or two.

Átila - Another solid season from him. Attracting interest from bigger clubs.

Haukar Páll Sigurdsson - Solid DM. Makes a good amount of tackles every game.

Youth Intake

Ivan Batliner - The star of the intake, hoping he will be a good replacement for Kalaba.

Johannes Gebauer - Another player who could well be in the first team in the future.

Lennart Twyrdy - Hopefully can make his way into the first team soon with Untersee going back to Juventus.

Simone Cuoghi - Definitely has some potential, pity he's not a Liechtensteiner but could play for us in the future.

Niclas Bergmann - He has a lot of developing to do, but he's still young.

Andy Bregy - Not too highly rated but he has some decent attributes.

2014/15    FC Vaduz     Swiss Super League       8th         Liechtensteiner Cup Winners
2015/16    FC Vaduz     Swiss Super League       3rd         Liechtensteiner Cup Winners

• 1 month later...

Archived