[FM14] The U's and Me

kris0710

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking real good so far, that Super Cup win against Arsenal bodes well for the season.

(It was in the Community Shield) Yes, beating Arsenal set me up well. Them losing their manager was a boost too.

Another great season.

Did you not go for the England job?

I had a 6 game spell with England before and couldn't get into it so was not seriously considering it this time around.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQogY7oLwcLb5gkt3ucS8bqSczj7kn5HdAb_rJ8Mypp_AlI6cizLA

Cambridge United Football Club

Premier League 2054/55

October and November

inpCbhl.png

A good month started with a game that turned twice on red cards. After falling behind in the opening minute we levelled quickly and took a lead into the break. In the 49th minute we lost left back Karoulias to a second yellow card. Fulham took control from that minute and scored twice in a five minute period to lead 3-2. The 72nd minute saw Fulham down to ten men and we came back brilliantly to score four goals before Fulham hit a late consolation. 10 goals all scored by different players too. The derby over Luton saw us run out winners easily and another dominant first half saw off Burton. A top of the table clash with Arsenal saw us lead 2-0 at the break but the Champions fought back brilliantly to share the points.

QNxEk4P.png

We were dreadful against Crystal Palace and needed a late winner from a defensive howler gave us the points. Liverpool were dispatched well, the away side scoring when 3-0 and 4-1 down. Another three points followed at Blackburn thanks to a treble from Abraham Garcia but we were made to work for the points.

QsVXFuT.png

Capital One Cup

g7gdvBK.png

Once again we were too strong for the opposition in the opening 45 minutes and we face a Quarter Final against Crystal Palace in December.

Champions League

FAKrmcQ.png

Easy win in France has us looking good for a place in the Knockout Round already.

PdEKJHa.png

Two more very easy wins and another two clean sheets ensure top spot is assured with a game to spare.

icjh6pA.png

Awards

DJZpBCe.png

D5Ct5CK.png

IQrSaCi.png

RcocODA.png

Transfers

One player was needed in October due to Cassidy breaking a finger. Managed to agree a loan with Celtic although it's fair to say he wasn't my 1st choice. Or 2nd, 3rd and 4th!

zvFI5lB.png

Just caught up with this over the last few days and it's so epic and motivating to start with a lower league side! Kudos to you mate, hope you keep it going. Nice to see Arsenal being the best in the country :cool:

Just caught up with this over the last few days and it's so epic and motivating to start with a lower league side! Kudos to you mate, hope you keep it going. Nice to see Arsenal being the best in the country :cool:

Kind words, thanks. Not sure i agree with the Arsenal stuff though. :cool: In fairness they took their time getting into the save. Just three PL titles from 2014 to 2045 although they finished either 2nd or 3rd 15 times in that time. Since 2045 they have won 7 of the last ten PL titles (Man Utd, Wycombe and Cambridge winning the other three). They are up to 5 FA Cups in the save, 7 League Cups, 2 Champions Leagues win and 2 Europa League wins.

Kind words, thanks. Not sure i agree with the Arsenal stuff though. :cool: In fairness they took their time getting into the save. Just three PL titles from 2014 to 2045 although they finished either 2nd or 3rd 15 times in that time. Since 2045 they have won 7 of the last ten PL titles (Man Utd, Wycombe and Cambridge winning the other three). They are up to 5 FA Cups in the save, 7 League Cups, 2 Champions Leagues win and 2 Europa League wins.

Quick question, how many hours do you play a day?

Quick question, how many hours do you play a day?

I get between two and four hours day i suppose. If the Mrs is asleep early then i get through another three or four hours in the evening. According to Steam i have played 812 hours and i got FM14 on the day it came out.

Retirement could be coming sooner than expected...

vlerOdK.png

A row over the club not wanting to build a new stadium left me on the brink...

tu2BhHR.png

I just don't see us winning three of those games.

OMG! Come on you've got to get those 9 points

Premier League 2054/55

December

GLiAVyG.png

A very poor month by recent standards saw our first two defeats on the season and we were denied a win over Manchester United who scored an 88th minute penalty to rescue a point. We did get a vital win over Southampton though that keeps then a little way behind us.

25kGtIV.png

Still in a strong position going into the New Year.

Capital One Cup

nSDFVhH.png

My 2nd eleven eased into the Semi Final where we face Arsenal, at home in the first leg.

Champions League

eXXKFrP.png

Conceded for the first time but another five goal haul was delightful.

HAQQIdm.png

Champions League Draw

xD3k9jl.png

Happy enough with that draw.

Club World Championship

tUoVr7x.png

After falling behind early we breezed into the Final but that is where the success ended. A one sided Final saw us do all we could except socre. We could have played all night and not put the ball in the net. Disappointed.

Awards

09Pj4DQ.png

A third straight World Golden Ball for Rodrigo, 491 votes to 2nd placed who had 284.

3srfjTm.png

Once again, three in a row.

nA1SVUm.png

O'Malley misses out on three in a row but in steps Abraham Garcia. What a signing.

Going to take more than 9 points from 5 games to get rid of me!

vpBtzUW.png

:thup:

Get in! Great results putting you on task for the Premier League title

Premier League 2054/55

January

9YZsyOm.png

Fabulous month to keep me in a job. Won the first three to collect the needed 9 points then fought out a very good draw at Man City although there was plenty of luck with our leveller coming from a keeper mistake. Bottom club West Brom came next and we really struggled to get going despite an early goal. That was Garcia's 19 goal in all competitions this season, putting him one ahead of Rodrigo and one behind O'Malley. Amoroso, Javi and Vermeulen have also hit double figures already.

r7dOvdU.png

FA Cup

wRp0TPx.png

A Skrill Premier and League One side have been dispatched with ease to send us to Championship leaders Derby next.

Capital One Cup

s8UjQCq.png

We threw it away. 3-0 up in the first leg before Arsenal scored in the 87th minute. Two goals in the opening half an hour in the 2nd leg put the home side in charge then two red cards for us, Arsenal missed a penalty before scoring the important third with 11 minutes to go.

Transfers

Only one in or out this month and thats us bringing in a new young centre defender from Brazil.

56MVRs3.png

Records

KIZRQrP.png

Big money for a big talent.

LyU1DgG.png

Unbelieveable. 27 assists and 18 goals in just 28 games this season.

Award

37ucKVO.png

8tQ8UpK.png

A huge blow. Could just about return for an FA Cup Final or Champions League Final but for the Premier League our top scorer looks set to sit it out. 30 games, 23 goals, 15 assists at an average of 7.66. He will be missed. :thdn:

Is it just me or does your club not produce very good youth prospects AT ALL???

It is just you. Kind of.

In my first team squad at the moment there is:

Goalkeeper Russell Cassidy - Has played 294 league games for me and has 76 caps for England.

Left back Kostas Karoulias - He is in his second season in the first team squad. Played 28 times last season and has been called into the England squad twice without winning a cap.

Back up goalkeeper Shaun Nelson - At 20 years old he is starting to come good. Played in last seasons Champions League Final victory.

2039 batch had left back Sam Ramshaw who played four years in the PL with me and another five with Cardiff and Huddersfield. Glen Barrett played five years in the PL for West Ham as first choice keeper.

2038 saw Ged Ellis come through and move to Liverpool. Didn't work out there so he moved to Derby then Fulham and onto Chelsea. Been a PL player for nine of the last ten seasons.

2037 saw Derrick Bernard come through. After playing back up in my 1st team squad he moved on to West Brom that brought a move to PL Hull for £3.3m and is now still in PL with Blackburn. Justin Burkett spent 8 years in my first team before having three good years at Chelsea. Now in the Championship with MK Dons.

2034 saw Gareth Rowe come through. Stayed until 2043 when he left for PSG for £38m. Returned to Cambridge 4 years later where he stayed until 2053. 29 caps for England, scoring 18 times.

2033 had Korey Bray, the most successful of the youth players. Moved to Chelsea for £26.5m after 7 years with me then moved to Southampton for £28m. Four years later Barcelona paid £36.5m for him and at the age of 37 is seeing out his time at Getafe. During his career he won 137 caps for England and 48 U-21 caps.

A quick count shows there are currently 27 former youth players playing in the Championship or League One.

I remember Rowe and Bray :) I guess some years theres just no one of note coming through. Can't expect worldies every intake.

Those were the days! Can't forget to mention Adam Pauley too. Record scorer in our lower league days. Kostas looks a decent left back but chances will be limited due to having Falkenmayer ahead of him. Cassidy has done great, nearly 300 league games and should easily hit 100 caps for England.

Premier League 2054/55

February

x88MWn8.png

Looks a good month there but in truth we had a shocker at Crystal Palace that cost us two valuable points. Kicked off the month with a fabulous away win at West Ham with the now injured O'Malley hitting a hat trick. We needed a last gasp effort from sub Amoroso to see off Fulham and once again we left our shooting boots at home against Burton, two headers from two centre defenders winning us the points. Breezed past bottom club Luton before we headed to Palace and led 3-0 with 15 minutes to go. The home side scored one then with six minutes left Thomas scored an own goal and deep into stoppage time keeper Cassidy was credited with an own goal. This leaves a very bitter taste as when the original shot comes in a Palace player is stood right in front of Cassidy and easily five yards offside. The commentary doesn't mention a touch from the Palace player but watching the goal live the ball definitely changes direction when it passes the player leading to Cassidy to fumble the ball over the line.

PQnrtxB.png

FA Cup

0LyJNLw.png

Held away to the Championship leaders but the replay was as easy as it could be really. Could do without yet more midweek games though.

Champions League

UeXNBsp.png

Perfect away performance. Should ease through the 2nd leg.

Award

BKOQEeH.png

Squeaky bum time, looking increasingly good for the title. Do you have to play any of the top 6 sides in the run-in?

We are looking good, although i am worried by the amount of games. It is looking increasingly likely that from the first week of December until the end of April we will be playing Weekend/Midweek. That is taking it out of the squad.

As for the remaining fixtures i have it isn't all easy.

2nd placed Man Utd away

3rd placed Arsenal home

6th placed Sheff United home and away

7th placed Southampton away.

There is also games against Blackburn (H), Liverpool (A), Aston Villa (H), Chelsea (H and A) and West Ham (H)

fair enough, i guess just a misperception in my head. :p you're doing great

To be fair i haven't had many of late. Rowe has come all the way through and then retired, Bray is on his last legs at the age of 37 and even Cassidy is now 29. Whether Nelson can step up as a #1 of a top PL side i do doubt and that leaves Kostas at left back. Would love to bring through more but sadly it's not happening just yet.

Premier League 2054/55

March

PE1i2m6.png

What a month that was. The first three games were real battles and we were lucky to come away with seven points. Chelsea were seen off with two first half goals but a sloppy piece of defending gave them a chance to score from the spot and from then we had to defend deep and ride our luck. Luck was against us when Arsenal visited, a dull game exploded into life with left back Thomas sent off and Arsenal scoring within a minute of it. A better second half saw us strike level through Abraham Garcia then grab a late winner through Muzinic. Sheff Utd were on the verge of three points but yet again our ability to score late rescued a point. We end March with a hugely impressive win over struggling Blackburn.

7A3DLDO.png

FA Cup

PDrUTAz.png

Another Semi Final was achieved with a straightforward win over Burton. Manchester United are our nest opponents.

Champions League

GxBm0rU.png

Another one sided win see's us face Fiorentina in the Quarter Finals.

Youth Candidates

pMGV4L0.png

Waste of time.

Premier League 2054/55

April

gEJAhye.png

Simply faultless this month has all but sealed the Premier League title. A brilliant second half away to Liverpool brought the first three points then came the win that broke United's chase. Winning 3-1 at Old Trafford left them 9 points behind with a game in hand. We followed up that huge win with two 6-0 home victories over Aston Villa and Chelsea.

CRWnRqt.png

It's simple. For United to win the league they need to win all five PL games, we need to lose all three PL games and there be a 26 goal swing.

FA Cup

WRImXHr.png

A week before the win at Old Trafford we beat them in a tight Semi Final that needed Amoroso to step off the bench to settle the game. Yet again Hull are our Cup Final opponents, the 3rd time in 5 seasons.

Champions League

yxDlbaK.png

Got the job done in the first leg against Fiorentina then settled for a draw in Italy. Would take the same again as we hold a 2-0 lead over Napoli. Arsenal beat Man Utd 4-1 in the 1st leg of their semi final.

Awards

FOP5Cfk.png

SPHdHSm.png

Record

yaaO5W7.png

Premier League 2054/55

May

UZLcxxN.png

Thats the way to secure our second title. Done in style.

hntGKf6.png

Huge points, huge amount of goals and just two defeats, both in December.

Champions League

cxGdEJC.png

Not the best performance but we move on to face Arsenal, looking for a 3rd CL Title in a row.

Record

FetWmum.png

Well done winning another PL title with your ill disciplined side, shame about the FA Cup but hopefully you will thrash the Gooners.

Best thing though is that Tottenham managed to avoid the drop but a shame Luton couldn't again.

Well done winning another PL title with your ill disciplined side, shame about the FA Cup but hopefully you will thrash the Gooners.

Best thing though is that Tottenham managed to avoid the drop but a shame Luton couldn't again.

Thanks buddy. Arsenal were suitably thrashed!

Spurs stayed up by picking up 10 points from last 4 games. Can't say i share your disappointment with Luton though.:D

|Season  | Club             | Division             | Pos  | Other                                                              |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2013/14 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 18th | FAC 4th Quali, FAT 1st Rd Rep                                      | 
|2014/15 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 10th | FAC 4th Quali, FAT 2nd Rd Rep                                      |
|2015/16 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 20th | FAC 1st Round, FAT 1st Rd                                          | 
|2016/17 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 17th | FAC 4th Qul. Rep, FAT 3rd Rd                                       |
|2017/18 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 8th  | FAC 4th Qul, FAT 1st Rd                                            |
|2018/19 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 14th | FAC 1st Round Rep, FAT Runners Up                                  |
|2019/20 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 1st  | FAC 1st Round, FAT 3rd Rd                                          | 
|2020/21 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League Two   | 2nd  | FAC 1st Round, LC 1st Rd, JPT Quarter Final                        | 
|2021/22 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 13th | FAC 1st Round Rep, LC 1st Rd, JPT 2nd Rd                           |
|2022/23 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 10th | FAC 4th Round, LC 3rd Rd, JPT Winners                              |
|2023/24 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 3rd  | FAC 3rd Round, LC 1st Rd, JPT 1st Rd                               |
|2024/25 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 14th | FAC 4th Round, LC 1st Rd, JPT 2nd Rd                               |     
|2025/26 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 13th | FAC 3rd Round, LC 1st Rd, JPT 1st Rd                               |
|2026/27 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 6th  | FAC 3rd Round, LC 2nd Rd, JPT Quarter Final                        | 
|2027/28 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 1st  | FAC 4th Round Rep, LC 2nd Rd, JPT Runners Up                       |  
|2028/29 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 21st | FAC 3rd Round, LC 2nd Rd                                           |
|2029/30 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 19th | FAC 3rd Round, LC 3rd Rd                                           |
|2030/31 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 23rd | FAC 4th Round, LC 2nd Rd                                           | 
|2031/32 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 1st  | FAC 3rd Round Rep, LC 2nd Rd, JPT Semi Final                       |
|2032/33 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 4th  | FAC 4th Round, LC 2nd Rd                                           | 
|2033/34 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 3rd  | FAC 3rd Round Rep, LC 4th Rd                                       |   
|2034/35 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 16th | FAC 3rd Round, LC Quarter Final                                    |
|2035/36 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 5th  | FAC 4th Round Rep, LC 2nd Rd                                       |
|2036/37 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 12th | FAC 3rd Round, LC Semi Final, EL 2nd KO Rd                         |
|2037/38 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 18th | FAC Quarter Final, LC 1st Rd                                       | 
|2038/39 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 8th  | FAC 3rd Round, LC 2nd Rd                                           |
|2039/40 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 1st  | FAC 3rd Round, LC 4th Rd                                           |
|2040/41 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 3rd  | FAC Quarter Final, LC 2nd Rd                                       |
|2041/42 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 5th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd, CL 3rd in Grp, EL Quarter Final          |
|2042/43 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 8th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd, EL 1st KO Rd                             |   
|2043/44 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 5th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd                                           |
|2044/45 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 6th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd, EL Runners Up                            |
|2045/46 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 6th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd, EL Quarter Final                         |
|2046/47 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 7th  | FAC 4th Round, LC 3rd Rd, EL 2nd KO Rd                             |
|2047/48 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 11th | FAC 3rd Round, LC Quarter Final                                    |
|2048/49 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 10th | FAC 5th Round, LC Runner Up                                        |
|2049/50 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 3rd  | FAC Semi Final, LC 3rd Rd                                          | 
|2050/51 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 6th  | FAC Runners Up, LC 3rd Rd, EL Quarter Final                        |
|2051/52 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 1st  | FAC Winners, LC 3rd Rd, EL Winners                                 |
|2052/53 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 6th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd, CL Winners, SC Winners, CS Runner Up     |
|2053/54 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 3rd  | FAC Winners, LC Quarter Final, CL Winner, SC Winners, CWC Winners  |
|2054/55 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 1st  | FAC Runners Up, LC Semi Final, CL Winner, SC Winner, CWC Runner Up |

Are you going to create a new manager for Cambridge now or try to bring another club up to this standard?

I was very tempted to continue with Cambridge with either Jim Woodward or Gareth Rowe but i am interested to see what the AI will do to my team.

That ridiculous board message about "a club of Cambridge's stature was always going to be capable of winning..." needs to be deleted from the game.

After three consecutive CL wins? Madness.

Some messages after winning trophies are ridiculous.

There was a temptation to stay on to try and win a 4th. But winning the PL is such style was a great way to leave. Nearly losing my job in January pushed me towards the reitre button.

Well done on a great career, I have thoroughly enjoyed following this.

Though I think your CL success needs looking into, something dodgy going on, a Champions League final and the ref is unknown lol ;)

Now I'm going to check out your Jim Woodward thread.

Well done on a great career, I have thoroughly enjoyed following this.

Though I think your CL success needs looking into, something dodgy going on, a Champions League final and the ref is unknown lol ;)

Now I'm going to check out your Jim Woodward thread.

To be fair you need to look into many PL and FA Cup games, i keep getting a referee called Mark Scott, my Dad!

Thanks for following and once i decide on a new club Woodward thread will kick off properly.

ah..

..is this over? :(

It is. The aim to see is to what the AI does with my team then sometime down the road Jim Woodward steps in to revive the club.

Was tempted to retire because of nearly being sacked in the January then reaching the end of the season i was in a Domino's Pizza and Beer fuelled coma. As the game processed i thought 'now is the time' so i did it. Retired.

I always intended to do a more comprehensive overview of how i had done but it happened so quick it didn't even think about it. Silly boy.

Awesome thread and one of the best career stories that I have ever read for an FM game. Very enjoyable and probably the best time to go as you had done so much with a single team. Letting the AI take over and ruin...I mean manage Cambridge will be most interesting but thanks again for posting all of this, it has been really good.

Archived