[FM14] The U's and Me

kris0710

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQogY7oLwcLb5gkt3ucS8bqSczj7kn5HdAb_rJ8Mypp_AlI6cizLA

Cambridge United Football Club

Premier League 2053/54

November

hA5rJ1R.png

Ouch, a terrible start to the month. Manchester City destroyed us despite us taking the lead. They hot back in the 35th and 37th minute and even afforded a red card after 55 minutes. As i pushed to get a leveller they hit us on the counter twice in the final 17 minutes. Three points were much needed and collected when going to Liverpool in a stunning 4-0 win before a dominant second half saw off Sheffield United. Left back Falkenmayer was in the right place from a corner to hit the only goal against Blackburn where we rode our luck for much of the match.

sqsGo3O.png

Champions League

2w2RC54.png

Two easy home wins put us through as yet again my back up eleven did a solid job.

w8VqdJq.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kcqJiMW.png

The board proposed talks to stop me going to Wycombe and we agreed on ↑ and ↓

AJQHyY5.png

Awards

LUCvLgj.png

GXsDFAh.png

Another fantastic year for Dirley Rodrigo. What a signing he has been.

mdiM6dG.png

Two years in a row for the 21 year old brought from Sligo for £450k.

Premier League 2053/54

December

LIkqqCU.png

Wow, disaster. After the most perfect of starts to the month hammering West Ham we lost three on the spin. Defeats to Wycombe and Manchester Unite the most painful of the three, United scoring the winner in the 90th minute.

Qm2CyBm.png

Well out if contention for the title now, like Wycombe last year Arsenal are running away with it.

Capital One Cup

DxHMDu2.png

Another defeat and out of the cup we go.

Champions League

F1r4ccs.png

A first slip of the season but it mattered little.

wF9gLc8.png

Champions League Draw

bR6NknY.png

A very winnable draw, delighted to be at home for the second leg.

Club World Championship

yKIxo8m.png

As easy as it gets. Most of the back up boys played the Semi Final and the Final was just as easy.

Premier League 2053/54

January

ZI8UZFb.png

One of the busiest months ever saw us win 4 of our 7 league games this month. Had to twice come from behind to draw with struggling Stoke before seeing off Huddersfield thanks in part to a brace on his PL debut from new signing Abraham Garcia. A heavy defeat to runaway leaders Arsenal followed then we required a late header from centre back Varao to beat off Nott'm Forest. A quickfire brace in the second half saw off Fulham. Cardiff were seen off with ease, 4-0 but 4th placed Hull won a close game, scoring with their only two efforts on target.

InmFgs1.png

Award

uglVgI1.png

Fabulous start for the one January signing.

FA Cup

H5j3ADq.png

A dream debut for Garcia, scoring after just 18 seconds and two assists after that. Edged past Fulham in the 4th Round to set up a home tie with Arsenal.

January Transfer Window

One player left this month-

Mario Gabbidon

0Fk7mtF.png

After being here since 2049 the 27 year old leaves for Mexico after failing to hold down a regular spot within the team. Made a £1.5m profit on the £4m it cost to sign him.

Coming in is a replacement for Gabbidon-

Abraham Garcia

jEulnvX.png

The Spanish Wonderkid joins from Athletico Madrid for £5m. At 19 he has plenty of time to improve but already 5 goals in 6 starts, 3 assists, 2 MotM awards and an average of 7.66 he is looking a great purchase.

Great start to the season until the 3 match slump. Still in reach for the title though!

Oh and Abraham looks great - excellent all round attributes.

Great start to the season until the 3 match slump. Still in reach for the title though!

Oh and Abraham looks great - excellent all round attributes.

Would settle for a top four finish, retaining the CL and win the FA Cup. I'm not greedy.

Abraham Garcia will turn out to be a steal I'm sure. Missed my main target, he chose a £140k pw deal at Arsenal but i have to be happy with what i have.

Premier League 2053/54

February

NzdWljh.png

A decent month started with a treble from Filipe to see off Crystal Palace then a goal in each half gathered the points from Aston Villa. An entertaining trip to Chelsea saw us drop two points but overall it was a fair result. Another home defeat to Man City followed despite leading after just 11 minutes.

MaxIHGU.png

FA Cup

liHzUFX.png

Revenge for our League Cup exit on league leaders Arsenal was a great boost to all at the club.

Champions League

shp6JUQ.png

One goal enough to give us a first leg lead. The 2nd leg should be a formality given our recent European successes.

Premier League 2053/54

March

HsEXzdt.png

The perfect month with plenty of goals. Came from behind for a huge win at Southampton before we came back fro behind twice to see off Blackburn. A treble from Abraham Garcia helped us put five past a poor Sheff United.

GDPVPvg.png

Champions League qualification in right within reach.

FA Cup

k4QzqUw.png

Another win at Blackburn this month put's us into the Semi Final against Championship side Derby.

Champions League

tNEB06c.png

A great home win over Juventus set us an all English tie with Wycombe. We played pretty poorly in truth so i am happy enough with the 0-0.

Awards

5g14tLK.png

e9TjehS.png

Youth Candidates

ntFo9kg.png

Z3izi3G.png

Arsenal seem to be running away with it this year, still good chance of trophies though!

Arsenal have a fantastic side. This year has been very easy in the League and won the Capital One Cup. Real Madrid booted them from CL though. They can be very thankful to a striker Ben Rivers, 229 league goals in 338 games plus another 165 goals in Cup and Europe. 54 goals for England in 89 games too. In the last six seasons he has hit at least 37 goals in each season.

Premier League 2053/54

April

Bc5rIJv.png

An up and down month but with a top three place never looking in too much danger i am putting all my eggs in the FAC and CL basket. An amazing game with West Ham saw us 2-0 and 3-1 down before leading 4-3. The home side drew the game level before another goal from Abraham Garcia sealed a brilliant win. A last gasp goal helped Spurs to three points as we ended with just nine men but it was back to winning ways with five more goals past Wycombe.

OMcvTHq.png

Just about guaranteed a CL spot for next season. Excellent.

FA Cup

tQg5wPR.png

Easy as you like after Abraham Garcia gave us the lead inside a minute. Hull await in a rematch of the 2051 Cup Final

Champions League

1mvfxy9.png

Two goals in the closing stages saw us come from behind to see of rivals Wycombe. A semi final with CSKA Moscow saw us take a good lead into the away leg. The Russians scored first and then again late on when we had come back to lead 2-1. An all English Final with Manchester City awaits. Can we retain the trophy??

Award

BgkXL6g.png

Yet another accolade. 14 goals in 14 starts and three sub appearances.

Record

PxGVlCM.png

Not having his most prolific season with 13 goals in 37 games. But 24 assists isn't half bad.

Premier League 2053/54

May

GaOFncQ.png

In all honesty results meant nothing come full time of the Man Utd game. Seven points, 3rd place. Job done but injuries have been picked up. Top scorer Rob Vermeulen (22 goals) and 2nd highest scorer Ian O'Malley (20 goals) are out of both FA Cup and Champions League Finals. With 4th highest scorer Abraham Garcia ineligible for the CL i am running out of attack minded players.

YZ2W5Yv.png

EDIT: And now Javi is out for two months. :thdn:

EDIT AGAIN: Now keeper Cassidy is out for two weeks with six days until the CL Final.

Well that was a lot easier than expected! Well done Kris :)

Very much so considering in the CL Final i had left back Falkenmayer starting as AMC and young 19 year old keeper Nelson making his first start for the club. My injury list contained 52 goals, 36 assists and Englands number one goalie and missing Garcia. With City needing to win to get into next season CL i thought they would destroy us.

|Season  | Club             | Division             | Pos  | Other                                                             |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2013/14 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 18th | FAC 4th Quali, FAT 1st Rd Rep                                     |
|2014/15 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 10th | FAC 4th Quali, FAT 2nd Rd Rep                                     |
|2015/16 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 20th | FAC 1st Round, FAT 1st Rd                                         |
|2016/17 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 17th | FAC 4th Qul. Rep, FAT 3rd Rd                                      |
|2017/18 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 8th  | FAC 4th Qul, FAT 1st Rd                                           |
|2018/19 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 14th | FAC 1st Round Rep, FAT Runners Up                                 |
|2019/20 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier       | 1st  | FAC 1st Round, FAT 3rd Rd                                         |
|2020/21 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League Two   | 2nd  | FAC 1st Round, LC 1st Rd, JPT Quarter Final                       |
|2021/22 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 13th | FAC 1st Round Rep, LC 1st Rd, JPT 2nd Rd                          |
|2022/23 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 10th | FAC 4th Round, LC 3rd Rd, JPT Winners                             |
|2023/24 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 3rd  | FAC 3rd Round, LC 1st Rd, JPT 1st Rd                              |
|2024/25 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 14th | FAC 4th Round, LC 1st Rd, JPT 2nd Rd                              |     
|2025/26 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 13th | FAC 3rd Round, LC 1st Rd, JPT 1st Rd                              |
|2026/27 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 6th  | FAC 3rd Round, LC 2nd Rd, Quarter Final                           |
|2027/28 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 1st  | FAC 4th Round Rep, LC 2nd Rd, JPT Runners Up                      |  
|2028/29 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 21st | FAC 3rd Round, LC 2nd Rd                                          |
|2029/30 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 19th | FAC 3rd Round, LC 3rd Rd                                          |
|2030/31 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 23rd | FAC 4th Round, LC 2nd Rd                                          |
|2031/32 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One   | 1st  | FAC 3rd Round Rep, LC 2nd Rd, JPT Semi Final                      |
|2032/33 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 4th  | FAC 4th Round, LC 2nd Rd                                          | 
|2033/34 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 3rd  | FAC 3rd Round Rep, LC 4th Rd                                      |   
|2034/35 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 16th | FAC 3rd Round, LC Quarter Final                                   |
|2035/36 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 5th  | FAC 4th Round Rep, LC 2nd Rd                                      |
|2036/37 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 12th | FAC 3rd Round, LC Semi Final, EL 2nd KO Rd                        |
|2037/38 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 18th | FAC Quarter Final, LC 1st Rd                                      | 
|2038/39 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 8th  | FAC 3rd Round, LC 2nd Rd                                          |
|2039/40 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 1st  | FAC 3rd Round, LC 4th Rd                                          |
|2040/41 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 3rd  | FAC Quarter Final, LC 2nd Rd                                      |
|2041/42 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 5th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd, CL 3rd in Grp, EL Quarter Final         |
|2042/43 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 8th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd, EL 1st KO Rd                            |   
|2043/44 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 5th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd                                          |
|2044/45 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 6th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd, EL Runners Up                           |
|2045/46 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 6th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd, EL Quarter Final                        |
|2046/47 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 7th  | FAC 4th Round, LC 3rd Rd, EL 2nd KO Rd                            |
|2047/48 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 11th | FAC 3rd Round, LC Quarter Final                                   |
|2048/49 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 10th | FAC 5th Round, LC Runner Up                                       |
|2049/50 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 3rd  | FAC Semi Final, LC 3rd Rd                                         |
|2050/51 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 6th  | FAC Runners Up, LC 3rd Rd, EL Quarter Final                       |
|2051/52 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 1st  | FAC Winners, LC 3rd Rd, EL Winners                                |
|2052/53 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 6th  | FAC 5th Round, LC 3rd Rd, CL Winners, SC Winners, CS Runner Up    |
|2053/54 | Cambridge United | Premier League       | 3rd  | FAC Winners, LC Quarter Final, CL Winner, SC Winners, CWC Winners |

Well done and KUTGW mate! A couple of cup & league wins and you will reach the top of the European club rankings :applause:

Thanks mate. I think we have a great shot at being ranked #1 at the end of this season. We are third at the moment but have a really small Coefficient points for the 2049/50 season. That goes at the end of the year and will be replaced by the points from this coming season. With Man City only in the Europa League we look certain for 2nd.

Premier League 2054/55

Pre Season

Board Expectations

Premier League: Champions League Qualification

FA Cup: Semi Final

Capital One Cup: Not Important

Champions League: Semi Final

Super Cup: Winners

Community Shield: Not Important

My Expectations

Premier League: Champions League Finish

FA Cup: Quarter Final

Capital One Cup: Quarter Final

Champions League: Semi Final

Super Cup: Winners

Community Shield: Winners

Transfers

i67x6Xq.png

The most boring of summers although that is likely to change. Two key players have requested to leave the club in recent weeks. Centre midfielder Joe O'Brien and attacker Ian O'Malley want out and O'Brien is in talks with Sheffield United about a £40m transfer. If any of these leave they will be replaced.

Results

7P084k1.png

The normal stroll through a few games. Managerless Arsenal are up next in the Community Shield.

How have you motivated yourself to keep going this long?

It has been easy for the most part. I have found over all the FM series that getting out of the Skrill Premier is pretty easy but this time i really struggled. Winning promotion from there was the motivation for the first 7 seasons! Then winning back to back promotions i wanted to stabilise the club in League One. In that league came a first trophy and then play off heartbreak. We were progressing in each season before two poor years made me change the squad and tactics a lot that brought another lost play off and then the title. Once i made it into the Championship i wanted to get them into the PL. I have never taken a non league side to the top division before and here i was, just one promotion. After the third Championship season ended in relegation i expected to be sacked but the board held off and we had my favourite season so far, title with record goals and points. That was the catalyst for two amazing season in the Championship and promotion to the big league.

It was then i started to struggle, i had played 6 years with the sole aim of getting into the PL and in my mind it was job done. I have a poor record with Championship clubs going into the PL so expected to be sacked quickly while sitting bottom. We had one amazing season with finishing 5th but then came winning the League Cup but my save game being corrupted. Not having the save for a couple of weeks was soul destroying, i couldn't get into another one, it was like losing my bloody arm! So to find a save i uploaded but having to replay two seasons was easy to do, i was dying to play as Cambridge again. From there we had the relegation so i was determined to get us back up and be stronger.

It is only now that i struggle to motivate myself. Saves for me have never been success after success like some you read and now i'm sitting here with a league title, two FA Cups, two Champions League, one Europa League, two Super Cups and one Club World Championship in the last three seasons. I feel my job is more than done. As i am 19 years into my new stadium i suppose staying to see how big a new stadium would be is motivating me to stay on. I am 71 in the game so i will have to retire soon enough. Maybe the fear of not knowing what to do after this save is keeping me going?

Winning all these trophies is great and in essence is the aim of the game. But last seasons success or the PL, FAC and EL treble season probably aren't in my top 5 seasons ive had with Cambridge. Give me struggles and battles any day. There has been plenty.

Just caught up again - congrats on the back-to-back Champions League titles! :applause:

Would be nice to see you win the league again. (Don't want anyone saying it was a fluke do you? :cool:)

Thanks buddy, been a good three seasons.

I need another PL title, winning the first was great but we won it with 79 points. Fairly low total. I expected it to be the least ever but it wasn't actually.

2019/20 - Manchester City - 79 pts

2029/30 - Manchester City - 77 pts

2041/42 - Southampton - 78 pts

The other end of the scale in 2034/35 Manchester City and 2048/49 Arsenal won it with 100 pts.

It feels like i need to win it with a mid 80's points total for it to have been through our excellence and not others having a poor year.

Good job again, hoping for a title next season.

I want:

1. Third CL in a row - only the two Manchester's have done that.

2. PL title

If we are still in the mix come March then maybe i will change my opinion but i am a little obsessed with a 3rd European Crown.

Premier League 2054/55

August

J7P9zqL.png

A good start to the new campaign see's the goals flowing from the off. Starting at Nott'm Forest it was one of those days where everything we hit seemed to fly past the keeper. It was totally the opposite at Hull with the guy between the sticks a magnet for the ball, we had enough good chances to win half a dozen games but it wasn't to be. The month ended with another easy win, Garcia scoring twice against Wycombe.

Di72Spo.png

Community Shield

Tu2miFC.png

Super Cup

NMFcqgf.png

Champions League Draw

K2s7aae.png

Not as straight forward as recent years, getting through the group stage not using my main players will not happen this year.

Award

n2wljiH.png

Well done securing two trophies early in the season, keep it up.

Always good to pick up a couple of trophies. Even is they aren't major ones.

Great read #Inspired

Thankyou. Much appreciated. :thup:

Premier League 2054/55

September

GeZHQaq.png

Fantastic month brings maximum points, three clean sheets and a nice little lead at the top of the PL. We kicked off with three points at West Brom thanks to a first half Dirley Rodrigo header then Abraham Garcia sealed the result late on with a quick counter attacking move. I think it's fair to say we outclassed Spurs, putting 6 away for the second time this season. The month ended with a top of the table clash against Manchester City which followed a similar path to the West Brom game. We score, play really well without adding to the goal tally. The opposition rarely threaten then we score late on.

0y8duLG.png

Capital One Cup

5EjhI5c.png

Was not bothered about the result, would happily have been knocked out in truth but as it was we eased into the next round where a trip to Blackburn awaits.

Champions League

7wdoIf3.png

The second choice eleven certainly made up for a lacklustre showing in Switzerland to destroy Porto at our place. Top after two games and a double header with the bottom side is certainly a positive start.

cnDAMlr.png

Awards

szM3jQe.png

Q7qpRhV.png

Great start to the season Kris, KUTGW!

Taken a hit in October, keeper Cassidy is out for 6 weeks and keeping with most other seasons i only have a youth teamer as back up. Managed to bring in a kid on emergency loan from Celtic but any decent keeper i wanted the deal was knocked back by the club. When will i learn!

Archived