Insert Interesting Name Here - Tomtuck's Second FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

Would be a shame to see you leave! Got more to come I think yet!

I don't see it like that in all honesty. We have no money whatsover, and not may sellable players. Without a takeover to whipe our debts and inject a bit of cash, it'd be very hard to keep achieving results like we have been doing.

To blow my own trumpet, I've been performing miracles. :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - March 2015 - Bukovyna

Premyer-Liha

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Mar2015_zps2e541b11.png

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Mar2015_zps92812e3f.png

Pleased with the return this month in all honesty, as we had some tough games.

Things started with a narrow defeat away at Dynamo Kyiv. We gave a decent account of ourselves, but Kyiv were worthy winners. We got back to winning ways with a comfortable 2-0 win at home to Goverla, before suffering another narrow defeat, this time at Metalurg Donetsk. We then drew at Illichivets after conceding a late equaliser which was a real kick in the teeth. The month was rounded off with a stunning comeback, as we hit three goals in the final fifteen minutes to beat Vorskla Poltava 4-3.

Seven points from five games keeps our hopes of European football alive. Up next we face Desna, who are all but relegated already.

Decent month all things considered. Who qualifies for Europe from what positions?

1st - Automatic Spot in Champions League Group Stage

2nd - Champions League Best Placed Third Qualifying Round

3rd And 4th - Europa League Playoff Round

5th - Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round

The team who finishes in sixth may well also go into the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round, but that is dependant on who wins the cup. But that won't come into this season as the team who is currently, (according to the last table I posted), in fifteenth place has remarkably lifted the trophy!

Basically, we're into the Europa League unless we have the all mother of horrific runs.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - April/May 2015 - Bukovyna

Premyer-Liha

April

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Apr2015_zpsa0f70e73.png

Seven points from five games again, and European Football is now secured!

The month began with a solid win against bottom side Desna, but my we left it late to take the points. A good performance followed away at Sevastopol, but we really should have won given the chances we created. Defeat at Arsenal Kyiv followed, and it was a real sickner - a 95th minute freekick snatching a point away from us. We got back to winning ways against Karpaty, but it was an annoying one as we were 3-0 up before letting them back into it to make a nervy finish. We held on however, and these three points secured us our place in next seasons Europa League! The month was rounded off by a battling display at Shakhtar. They took the lead with just fifteen minute to play, but we replied instantly. Unfortunately Shakhtar nicked it with five minutes remaining. We may have lost, but I was very proud of the team.

May

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-May2015_zps7f8068dc.png

CareersSave-BukovynaLgeTable-May2015_zpsdc295b36.png

What a superb end to the season. We did fantastically well to come from 1-0 down to beat Chornomorets, and this victory took us up to third place heading into the final game of the season. That game was against Metalist, and realistically I didn't see us winning. However, we started by keeping the

m at arms length before snatching the lead after eleven minutes. After that we reverted to stoic defence to frustrate Metalist. That frustration boiled over when they had a man sent off just before the break. After halftime we took control of the game, but it wasn't until late on we won a penalty to secure the three points.

Another outstanding result to round off the season.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Review 2014/15 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (3rd - into Europa League Playoff Round)

Well there's not much I can say without sounding like I'm getting up myself, but this was a remarkable camapign. To get promoted and do this was outstanding, and the fact that we topped the table at the halfway point in the season was truly beyond anything I could have imagined. Yes we were helped in that respect by the fact that we faced all of the big teams at home in the first half of the campaign, but still to spend time at the top was a great achievement. The inevitable tail-off came in the second half of the season as we faced all those sides away from home, but we never disgraced ourselves and on the final day of the season we even managed to win at one of those bigger teams to ensure we finished in third place. I'm so proud.

Kubok Ukraini

Eliminated in 3rd Round

Disappointed, but at the time of our exit we were going so well in the league that I rested players for the upcoming league matches. Still, we gave it a go and some of the back-up players impressed enough to get a chance in the league matches.

Other Info

Squad Stats - Transfers - Finances

On the whole squad were outstanding. The two Brazilian signings failed to impress though, despite all the fanfare that came with their arrivals. We have a young squad, and this season was terrific for them and will really aid their development.

As I said above, our two big summer signings failed to deliver. After a decent start Andre Recife quickly tailed off, and Adriel was horrendous, even with the known issues with fullbacks on the current game. The other signing, a young back-up goalkeeper, played just the once and did well despite conceding a couple of goals.

The finances aren't in a good way, but getting in Europe will definitely improve them, especially if we manage to get through to the group stage.

Top 3 Players

Pavlo Denys

Well, I never expected this from the young man. Whether playing as my False Nine or Advanced Forward, he was excellent. Unfortunately he missed the last few games with injury, but he was already starting to tire and had tailed off somewhat. Nevertheless, he was my player of the season.

Sergiy Danylovskyi

Same as with our promotion campaign, he was outstanding at the back. He had the highest Tackles Per Game rate in the league, and even halped us up the other end of the field with five goals.

Artem Yelov

Another young man who was hugely impressive. Yes he has some issues mentally, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't on the radar of some bigger clubs soon enough.

What Next

Figure out how to get anywhere near repeating this, if indeed I stay at the club.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - June 30th 2015

BREAKING NEWS

GamaBukovynaResignation-June2015_zpse7a52053.png

Portuguese manager Bruno Gama has deciced not to renew his contract with Bukovyna Chernivtsi and has instead resigned from his position as manager. Speculation suggests a dispute with the board about funds to take the club forward were the reasons behind his decision. There are also rumours that Gama recently attended an interview for the vacant managers position at Shakhtar Donestk, although Dan Petrscu is the favourite.

Here is Bruno Gama's statement in full;

Thank you all for coming, I'll try to keep this brief.

As has been speculated in the past couple of hours, I have decided to leave my role as manager of Bukovyna Chernivtsi. This decision was not taken lightly, but after our achievements last season I don't feel the club is in a position to move forward. This is down to the current board, who refuse to inject some much needed funds into the club.

This is nothing to do with my love for the club and its fans, but purely due to the issues between myself and the board. One day I would be love to return to Bukovyna, but not under the current regime.

I'd like to wish the fans all the best, and thank them for the fabulous journey we have been on over the past couple of years.

BukovynaDepartingStaff-June2015_zpsd4ef7e8c.png

I guess I was a little late with my good luck charm :( Well everything happens for a reason mate, maybe it's time you look towards a different country?

Well Petrescu was always the favourite, so it was always likely to happen I suppose. Regards where I'll go, I have no idea.

What else is available?

A few are cropping up now, (I'm just at the start of August), but nothing particularly interesting. Bournemouth are in the Championship and they've just offered me an interview.

BrightonJobInterview-Oct2015_zpsba5c399d.png

I applied as I'm eager to get back in the saddle. Yes it's a League One club, (they were relegated last term and have started poorly), but I thought 'why the hell not?'. It was the best interview I've attended since the Shakhtar one, (yes, it was a good interview despite them giving Dan Petrescu the job and not me), and I was confident of getting an offer from them.

The offer I recieved was staggering;

BrightonApproach-Oct2015_zps5fde7462.png

A £5.5million transfer budget for League One! Wow.

120px-Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - New Club - Brighton

Full Name: Brighton And Hove Albion Football Club

Nickname: The Seagulls

Year Founded: 1901

Stadium: American Express Community Stadium (The Amex for short) (30,303 all-seater)

CareerSave-Oct2015-BrightonBackground_zps6dcc3795.png

For a League One club, Brighton have some solid infrastructure in place. The stadium is magnificent, and the other facilities for this level are as I say; solid. Things can be improved though, and hopefully as the club moves forward, that can happen.

Finances And Squad

CareerSave-Oct2015-BrightonFinancesUponArrival_zps77783112.png

Wonderful for this level. Not much more can be said really.

CareerSave-Oct2015-BrightonSquadUponArrival_zpsa4d46032.png

Improvements need to be made. The squad is short of a better, more exerienced goalkeeper. We're also in desperate need of a striker. With the transfer window closed, I'll have to look at loan signings and freebies until the January transfer window opens.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Brief - 2015/16 - Brighton

Board Expectations

League One - Win it

FA Cup - Reach 5th Round

League Cup - N/A

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Not Important

Personal Expectations

League One - Get promoted

FA Cup - Not important to me

League Cup - N/A

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Couldn't care less

Budgets

Transfer: £5,474,572

Wages: £249,102 p/w (Currently spending £106,668)

Balance: £17,416,533

Even though it's October, they still expect us to win the League One title and gain promotion, which is fair enough. We currently sit in 19th place, thirteen points off top spot. However, with only eleven games played, there's plenty of time to catch up with the early front runners.

You'll never catch the mighty Crewe ;)

What's the squad like? 13 points off top but as you say there's a lot of games to go yet and £5 million to strengthen in January is very helpful.

Crewe's squad? I'll post it tomorrow evening after work. If you mean ours, I've posted it already! :D

Regards strengthening, I'm not sure we need to too much. I just think it was poor tactics from your old mate Martin O'Neil.

Did the Seagulls get taken over by a tycoon or something?

Nope. Same chairman as at the start of the game.

Good luck at the Hove mate!

Why thank you.

That was a big turn :D One minute you have you're eye on China and then you end up at Brighton :D If you can turn things around then you have a very solid base to work on!

China just didn't really grab me. It wasn't one of the biggest Chinese clubs and aside from a decent stadium, there wasn't much infrastructure in place.

Should be fun.

Indeed. Can't wait to get properly stuck into things.

Could probably do with a goalkeeper mind you :D.

Without a doubt. However, that's easier said than done at the minute. There's nothing decent in the loan market, or any solid keepers that are unattatched. It might be a case of getting by until January when we can buy.

Brighton should be a nice project. Good luck!

Aswell as the project, the seaside town was also a lovely draw for this young Portuguese manager. :)

Bruno Gama's Management Career - October 2015 - Brighton

Transfers

Well with this beig my first month in charge, I took to reshaping the squad with a few free signings. With that in mind I'll post them first rather than the results, etc. The first person I brought to the club wasn't a player though...............

Pedro Bezerra

This man has been brought in as my assistant manager as I wanted someone in who I'd worked with before. Those of you who pay attention to the screenshots will know that this man left Bukovyna when I did. There he was just a member of the coaching staff, but I've brought him in as my assistant here. I hope he will be throughout my career.

Yakubu

We needed a striker, and Yakubu should do well at this level. His physicals may have declined, but his finishing is still right up there. I'm confident he can fire the goals we need.

Nicola Rigoni

A throroughly decent midfielder for this level, his passing and creativity from the middle of the park should be a big plus.

Stefano Padovan

Another striker brought into to hopefully fire us towards promotion. In contrast to Yakubu, he is young and has room to develop.

Tom Starke

We needed a better goalkeeper and I searched long and hard. Unfortunately this was the best all round goalkeeper there was available. He is still comfortably our best GK and he has a sound personality for tutoring purposes.

In terms of transfers I expect that to be it for now. Ideally I won't be splashing the cash in January and I'll look to conserve resources for the future.

League One

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Fixtures-Oct2015_zps355a198a.png

CarrerSave-BrightonLge1Table-Oct2015_zps2a56873d.png

Well we can't defend for toffee, but we can sure find the back of the net! This has been a corking first month in charge of the Seagulls.

Things started off with a good win at Stevenage as we came from behind to take all three points, with Yakubu getting the winner from the penalty spot on his debut. We then faced second placed Preston and totally outclassed them. We passed them off the park and scored a comfortable 2-0 win. We again had to come from behind to beat Crewe, but it was a thoroughly deserved win. Crawley then twice took the lead as we came from behind yet again to take the three points with Jake Caskey-Forster grabbing what could be a crucial goal winner in stoppage time. Bottom side Colchester then gave us a real fright as they twice took the lead in the first half, though we pegged them back before the break. Just ten minutes into the second half we got what proved to be winner, as we wrapped up our fifth win in five since I took over.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Area 2nd Round

CarrerSave-BrightonJPTFixtures-Oct2015_zps6ab14065.png

This was my first game in charge, and as you can see from our league results, it really set the tone. We went 1-0 up before Wycombe went 2-1 ahead after just 19mins. We got it back to 2-2 before halftime and then took control of the tie before the hour mark. We didn't wrap it up until late on, but we never looked like letting them back into it.

In the next round we face Brentford at the Amex.

Archived