FM14: Newcastle United - Vive La Revolution

james_wilko

I am going to start a new Newcastle save now that the winter update patch has come out.

A quick question, with the likes of Jonás Gutiérrez, Adam Campbell and Haris Vuckic out on loan, have they got a recall back from loan option or not ?

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your not can't recall any of the players out on loan

That's a shame, your going to lose a year training Campbell and Vuckic and not being able to sell Gutiérrez is going to make it difficult to make any transfer funds.

I am finding it impossible to sell anyone, I've released Shola and Ryan Taylor by mutual consent to free up some more wages. So far I have only managed to loan Obertan out.

It doesn't look like Adam Armstrong has been touched from the last patch.

Err im playing with the old datbase. So after a good first season my wage is suddenly -200k lower. So its around 950k now. And I just brought in like 7 new players so this is kinda hard to deal with. I ended 4th and got a lot of money so how can this happen? Doesn't the board know that I need more wage budget...

So what can I do?! Projection says my wage is only going to be lower and lower... but I need more money to compete in the Champions league.

Ask for a wage budget increase from the board?

So what can I do?! Projection says my wage is only going to be lower and lower... but I need more money to compete in the Champions league.

The projection is how much you spend on wages (hence why its called total wage cost), not your wage budget. It gets lower because of contracts running out, and you pay less wages, it could also rise because of yearly wage rise clauses etc.

I am finding it impossible to sell anyone, I've released Shola and Ryan Taylor by mutual consent to free up some more wages. So far I have only managed to loan Obertan out.

It doesn't look like Adam Armstrong has been touched from the last patch.

me too with the new patch i've only managed to sell Obertan for 2.6million to stoke and that too with monthly instalments.

no offers for marveaux cisse etc

Not sure if I should be complaining or not, in 20 games De Jong only has 4 goals... But he has 11 assists. Playing him as a support striker (think it's DLF) alongside Remy who has 11 in 17 but 4 were penalties. The aim was to get everyone playing off LDJ and have him creating, I just wish he'd score a few more goals.

We're top of the league and into the semi finals of the C1C, so I shouldn't complain. Plus, we're getting goals from everywhere, so it's not as if we're struggling to win games... That said I'd like Remy to get a few more from open play and LDJ to score more often. Anyone have any suggestions for how to play them together? I'm thinking of trying LDJ as a treq to see if that helps.

EDIT:

Tried him out as a TM support, with crossed aimed to him and he's got two goals in two games, as well as another assist. May not be the answer but it's working for now.

Had him as a TM(A) at the start of the season, wasn't working with him and Remy then. When I switched him to a support role Remy started scoring but LDJ still wasn't.

Just played my third game with LDJ as a TM(S) and he's scored again so that's 3 in 3 for him now.

With it being January I got my transfer budget, 11mil for European qualification further boosted by the sales of Steven Taylor and Cisse. Used 6 mil of that to sign Remy permanently. Managed to convince him to sign a 75k per week contract, just paying him a lot in loyalty bonus and his agent got a fair bit of money from that too. Not complaining though, current top goal scorer and I didn't want to wait until the end of the season when I may not get much money and he wanted a lot more.

Also used 750k of that to agree a deal with Blackpool so Tom Ince will be joining at the end of the season. I know I could have risked waiting until his contract expired but with the potential compensation involved, and having to fight off other clubs the 750k seemed a bargain.

Luuk de Jong has 10 goals from 16 games for me as a Complete Forward Attack.

Loïc Rémy has been hit an miss but has improved a little since being moved out wide on the left wing as a Inside Forward Attack.

Season Update 7/'13 - 1/'14

Transfers

A lot of money spent in the summer, I did miss out on Lucas Romero who decided to join Benfica instead of Newcastle so I decided to sign Will Hughes instead. Also brought in Matias Fernandes in on Loan so he could be my first choice AMC while HBA plays on the right. Doria was bought because he was Transfer listed and Athletico Madrid and Barcelona had put a bid in for him, i was planning on buying him next season

2mxo412.jpg

I offered Cisse out from the start for ~6.25m and i got 2 bids, can't remeber who the first one was but they offfered 6.25m 1m upfront the rest over 30 months and Monaco with 5.25m upfront, got rid of Obertan aswell which gave me a bit more spending money. I tried and failed to get rid of Gosling and Williamson permantly, The Williamson deal broke down due to Southamptons lack of funds.

2u3z72d.jpg

League

bjhi5y.jpg

The first 2 Games of the season went pretty then after that it was a while before i found another win in the league, I should won against Hull but an 80th minute equaliser from Jelavic made sure that i didn't My next win wasn't that far with a win over Norwich which Remy scoring a brace and Gouffran and HBA adding their names to the score sheet. My next match was with West Ham which I felt was a match we should win, it was a boring game with only 4 shots on target and Santon gifted them an early lead inside the first 5 minutes. I was disappointed we didn't win but we had bigger fish to fry with our next game against Sunderland, I wasn't expecting to score 5 goals in the first half or for it to finish 7-1 so it was a good way end to October. My next home match saw me face Arsenal in which Luuk de Jong Delievered the goods by scoring a hat-trick. Next up was Chelsea and on the 7th minute César Azpilicueta got a red card for a tackle on red card, It didn't make a difference as Oscar scored on the 27th minute and Santon once again popped up with an own goal on the 42nd. LDJ pulled us back level before half time with 2 goals within 3 minutes, Willian scored the final goal of the game inside the 59th minute after a one-two pass with Ramires split my defence open. It was business as usual with LDJ bagging another hat-trick against a strong Everton team

o033sw.jpg

Can I ask if you guys to help me out with my tactic? I ended 4th in my first season and second season is just so inconsistent. I brought better players and a lot of players became better and stronger. Yet I find myself 8th after almost 30 games and losing games to regulation sides and conceding lots of goals. Scoring a lot too so its always fun to watch. But I'm concerned since a lot of players are complaining about under achieving and I promised them CL football. So I'm pretty sure half my squad wants to leave if I ddon't win the CL. Which is impossible. And my players are not performing.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386531-The-second-season-issues.-Conceding-a-lot-and-not-as-consistent.

My thread with more info.

Going off your 4-5-1, you have no width on the right hand side. Try using your RB as a CWB behind the inside forward to get him further forward. That said, I've never had a 4-5-1 work for my consistently. I don't like the gap between the CMs and the striker.

Little changes can make a huge difference, the AI seems quick to pick up on your tactic this time round so by making a few tweaks here and there it can help you out.

Nice win too. Hopefully it keeps up and wasn't just a one off.

First season is now over, and boy was it a good one.

Going with my 4-2-2-2 formation (2DM, 2 Wingers) I figured I'd score a fair few, but concede quite often as well. Thankfully only the former of that was true, as we smashed in 82 goals in the league, and only let in 27. That meant we had the best offence and second best defence in the league and it helped lead us to 94 points in my first season with the club, giving us the title (which was won at Sunderland, and in that game we confirmed their relegation) and left me and the fans feeling very happy.

We also won the Capital One Cup, a nervy game V Chelsea where we scraped by 1-0 with a goal from Luuk De Jong. We were a little lucky, but sometimes that's all you need.

Our attacking four showed how good goalscorers they were, the stats from all competitions were as follows:

Gouffran - 46(1) games and 24 goals.

Loic Remy - 41 games and 23 goals.

Luuk De Jong - 40 games and 16 goals.

HBA - 44(2) games and 13 goals.

De Jong got a lot of assists, I think it was around 14/15 (since I signed him I lost the full details of his performances?) which kept me very happy. Most of his goals came from using him as a TM(S) with crossed aimed to him, and he was great for linking up the play with all those around him. As such, his buy out fee was met at the end of January and he signed up until 2018. Remy had signed a few weeks prior to this, also signing a long term deal with us.

Despite his performances, Gouffran didn't win any awards. Second highest goal scorer in the league and loads of assists, as well as being ridiculously consistent. Not sure how Willian won it in the end, but I won't hold a grudge. Even though he scored less and created less.

Now we're in the Summer and I've had a bit of an overhaul. Santon and Debuchy both left for PSG for a combined 40mil (20 mil each). Obertan was also sold for 1.6mil, and a lot of players had their contracts expire and were let go. In so far have been Fabio Coentrao (11mil) from Madrid, Montoya (10mil) from Barcelona, Cabella (8mil) from Montpellier, Fabio Borini (2mil) from Liverpool and free signing Vydra from Udinese. Tom Ince also arrived for a tiny 750k. I'm after a new BWM to provide back up for Sissoko as Tiote was sold in January for 6mil having thrown all his toys out of the pram, but there's no one who stands out. I was after Schalke's Goretzka, but after agreeing a fee with them he had no interest in talking to me. I've since spent the money I had set aside for him, but hopefully if I manage to sell Marveaux I can try again. Thinking I may have more of a chance following my high profile signings.

Been fighting off offers for HBA, Man City offered 34mil for him at one point but I refuse to sell him to another team in the league. I would take less money if it meant him going abroad, because I know if he joins a team like City, or Chelsea, he'll come back to haunt us. He's been signed up to a new contract until 2017 so I've not got the worry of him leaving on a free thankfully.

This season I'm aiming for more of the same and keeping up my attacking 4-2-2-2. This time round though, I'll be lining up as follows:

----------------Krul

Montoya - MYM - Colo - Coentrao

----------Anita -- Sissoko

HBA -------------------Cabella/Gouffran

-------LDJ---Remy

I have plenty of back up in most positions, having a choice of 6 strikers (De Jong, Remy, Ings, Vydra, Borini and Campbell) and plenty options on the wings, but my DM position is weak as is RB and CB. Looking to bring in a couple of British players to up the numbers, Hanley from Blackburn is my target for 3rd/4th choice CB, but clueless for the new RB but with Ryan Taylor now being fit, he will do for the season.

Only just remembered we still have Jonas on the books, having returned from Norwich. He did pretty well there, with 5 goals and 8 assists but he's not good enough and I want his 45k off my wage bill. Offered him out for 1mil thinking someone will take a risk on him.

Wow that looks awesome man. My season is over, I won capital one cup, Champions League(So surprised) and we ended 8th in premier league. Good second season.

One thing I noticed though, suddenly all my players are worth much more? One of my players went from 5 mil to 35 mil. o.o Well I won the CL so im happy already.

I am now into February in the first season and have been unsuccessful in trying to sign Luuk de Jong and Loïc Rémy to sign for us as both are asking for ridiculous wages and add ons. I'll try again at the end of the season because I really want de Jong, not to bothered about Rémy but de Jong has really impressed me with his all round play up front (much like real life to be honest).

We are doing really well and sit top of the Premier League and we are also through to the quarter finals of the FA cup. We lost to Middlesbrough in the Capital One cup 4th round after I played a the reserves/youth players.

I am still finding it impossible to sell the deadwood, I have sold Dan Gosling for a cut price £375k plus 50% of his next transfer fee and Miguel Pallardó for £1.3m in January.

Hopefully I'll be have the season finished by tomorrow night after I take England to the World cup.

My year went great. Still the board is dissapointed with me for not achieving ending 8th in the league and not achiecing European Football. O.O Champions League is not good enough? Must be a bug.

Anyways preseason 2015/2016 has started for me.

So far I managed to sell Marko Marin for 20 m and 30% of next sale. He has been avg for me so far on the left side and I really don't like the PPM dwells on balls. He just stands there doing nothing and eventually dribble past 3 guys and then wait even more. 20m was his value and I don't know why it is so high but I managed to get rid of him so I'm happy.

Other selling is Stefan Johansen. Bought for 1.1 m. Impressed me for 2 seasons and sold for 26m to Chelsea. Yet another ridiculous high price. I'm looking at Honda to replace him. My transfer budget was 35m and it looks like its gonna become 80 m or more. Maybe I'll consider selling Sissokko for 30 m.

Only buyings so far are Daniele Rugani for a bargain 4.8 m and some regen for 1 m. I'm looking at Leverkusen's Bender but they want 45 m for him. Any suggestions for a good DM with passing quality and creativity? Like Vurnon Anita but a bit stronger and better heading stats.

And how do you guys deal with youth? I have a total of 7 highly potential rated defenders and I already have 2 solid defenders. Loan them or just play in the youth teams? Youth teams are also full of defenders that need to play games. Never thought I would have too much talent...

I wouldn't loan your good youngsters out and instead give them as much game time as possible, so that you can mould them to how you want them to develop. Also get them tutored off players with good personalities and that will also help aid there delevopment as a player.

Off the top of my head, what about the likes of Nemanja Matic, Claudio Yacob, Daley Blind, Andile Jali, Steven Defour, Miguel Veloso, Tom Huddelstone, Steven N'Zonzi for a good defensive midfielder.

Amazing season there James - is that with the new patch up date? I know a lot of people have been struggling with tactics ever since its release. Would you ever consider releasing your tactics in the tactics thread? I'm folding off on my NUFC until i work out a suitable tactic that i'm confident in - either looking at an attacking 4-2-2-2 like yourself or 4-2-3-1.

Amazing season there James - is that with the new patch up date? I know a lot of people have been struggling with tactics ever since its release. Would you ever consider releasing your tactics in the tactics thread? I'm folding off on my NUFC until i work out a suitable tactic that i'm confident in - either looking at an attacking 4-2-2-2 like yourself or 4-2-3-1.

Yeah it's the new patch. I had tested it similar out in the previous patch and thought it the best way to go. Mainly 'cause I couldn't get Remy to perform on the wing.

Not one for sharing my tactics generally, mainly 'cause I don't think they're particularly good I'm just lucky. That and I don't have the time usually due to work and other commitments to keep the thread running with people's questions etc. I think (just my opinion, by no means is it right) that the pre and mid match team talks, alongside morale have more to do with good performances. Twice I beat Sunderland (4-0 at home, 3-0 at the Stadium of *****) and they were two of my best victories with regards to goals. Both times the team was on really high morale pre-match and Sunderland were outright miserable since they were bottom of the league, and they all lit up when I gave the team talk which then resulted in us absolutely battering them.

I'm having a fiddle with my current one because since starting season 2 we've not been as dominant. We're still unbeaten and have won all four of the games I've played but each has been by one goal.

That said, if you're interested in looking at my tactic and having a play about with it, I've uploaded it for you (and anyone interested) to have a look at.

Version 1 (Title winning version)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0enl7d

If you're not using an update, then I found Marveaux does a good job covering either wide position in V1, Obertan is next to useless and Cisse even more so. Bigi does a good job covering both DM positions and Tiote does an okay job as a BWM but he's not really that good in it. Think he lacks the attacking abilities of Sissoko to make it work perfectly. Gouffran is a machine on the LW, despite the stay wider instruction which was used to increase his creativity, he just scored for fun.

Players lined up as follows:

Krul

Debuchy MYM Colo Santon/Haidara (Haidara did a really good job actually)

Anita (DLP) Sissoko (BWM)

HBA(AP) Gouffran (Winger)

LDJ Remy (CF)

1254.jpg

Newcastle United 2013/14 Season Review.

I was certainly not expecting to do the double in my first season in charge at Newcastle but that's exactly what we did. We ended up winning the Premier League by five points, with Chelsea finishing in second and Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United completing the top four. Liverpool and Manchester City had shockingly bad seasons finshing ninth and tenth respectively and not surprisingly both changed there managers during the course of the season.

I really need to try and get Luuk de Jong signed up ASAP because he was a massive reason why we overachieved this season, his goals and assists came at crucial times over the course of the season. I just need to try and persuade him to lower his wage demands.

I have given a few of the Newcastle youngsters some caps for England and in the process got lambasted of the press but I don't care about the press. The likes of Gael Bigirimana, Remie Streete and Paul Dummett have all been capped early, mainly because I don't want them playing for anybody else but England.

Transfers l Staff Transfers

Results Part One l Results Part Two

Premier League Table.

PremierLeagueendofseasonone.jpg

In The Cups.

Capital One cup 4th round: Middlesbrough 1-0 Newcastle United.

FA cup final: Manchester United 1-2 Newcastle United.

The Squad.

Squadendofseasonone.jpg

Haven't posted in here in quite a while, so an update on my save. In season 1, we finished 2nd to Man Utd in the league while winning the FA Cup.

Following on from my last update (post #558) I am now halfway through season 3 and things couldn’t be going much better. Firstly, I’ll start with transfers.

The major outgoing transfers have been Fabricio Coloccini leaving in February 2015 to join Man City for £8m, I’d have liked to have kept him but he wouldn’t agree a new deal and so I thought £8m was too good to turn down considering he wasn’t first choice no longer. The summer of 2015 proved to be a huge window with a major turnaround of players leaving and joining the club with the squad becoming even more British. A recurring theme in this save is PSG targeting my French as they bought Mathieu Debuchy in Summer of 2015 for £22m, again too good to turn considering I rejected their first offer of £15m and he then proceeded to hand in a transfer request. Sami Khedira also left the club after an underwhelming first season, joining Bayern Munich for £15m. Man City bought Cheick Tiote from me but I would get my revenge on them very soon after. Others left the club for small fees or free transfers included the Ameobi’s, Mehdi Abeid, Paul Dummett, James Tavernier, Ryan Taylor and a host of young players who were never going to make it.

Now onto the players to arrive at Newcastle. Ross Barkley joined us in January 2015 for a fee of £14.5m joining Steven Caulker who handed in a transfer request at Cardiff who were sitting in 18th position and joined us for £4.5m, bargain! In the following summer we bought James Ward-Prowse for a club record of £30m plus Craig Dawson going the other way and he was joined by Aaron Ramsey on loan for the season from Man City who bought him in season 1 and then barely played him in the second season. We also bought Leon Britton in on a free transfer following his release from Swansea, highly unlikely he’ll ever play a game for us but a fantastic tutor. We have just bought Nathaniel Chalobah from Chelsea for £15m who will most likely be a replacement for Moussa Sissoko who is subject of interest and bids from all the big European clubs including PSG, Bayern, Real Madrid and Juventus among others so it’s only a matter of time before he hands in a transfer request. My biggest signing however has been getting revenge on Man City for stealing Tiote from me, Sergio Aguero handed in a transfer request and was listed for £20.5m so I made a bid and offered a contract not expecting him to choose us considering he could choose any club in the world but surprisingly he chose Newcastle. The only bad thing is that he is on £180k per week and had been keeping a wage cap of £60k per week and I’m already regretting it, so as good a player as he is I’m already considering selling him in the summer.

That leaves my squad looking like this as of 14 January 2016:

NewcastleUnited_SquadPlayers-7_zps3b263321.png

And the only regen in my first team squad is Aaron McGlone, who I bought in July 2014 from MK Dons for £3.5m.

Now onto how we’ve performed on the pitch. We started the second season beating Man Utd in the Community Shield with a Sergio Aguero debut goal winning the game. We also won both the domestic cups, beating Man City on penalties following a goalless draw in the Capital One Cup final. In the FA Cup final, we won 1-0 after extra time, beating a very good Arsenal team. In the Champions League, we came through a group containing Real Madrid, Fiorentina and Schalke. We finished top and undefeated thanks to winning home and away to Fiorentina and Schalke and two draws with Real Madrid. We then faced Marseille in the next round, losing 1-0 away in France in the first leg before a fantastic 3-0 win at home saw us draw Barcelona in the quarter final. We were at home the first leg and a 3-2 defeat meant the second leg would be an uphill battle, we went there looking for the win and trying to dominate the game, it started well as we raced into a 1-0 lead and won a penalty but Rhodes put it wide and Barcelona then dominated the match and a Messi hat trick saw us bow out 5-3 on aggregate but an encouraging performance I was pleased with. Barcelona went on to win the competition so at least we can say we were knocked out by the winners. In the league however, we dominated winning the league with 12 points to spare over second placed Man Utd, finishing with 88 points and only losing twice. Perhaps the most surprising was Chelsea finishing 8th, Liverpool finishing 10th and Man City finishing 12th.

Onto the current season and again we started it off beating Man Utd in the Community Shield. In the Capital One Cup, we are into the Semi-final following wins over Blackpool, Birmingham and Liverpool. We also won the first leg 1-0 and will play the second leg very soon. We will play Man Utd in the final should we get past Southampton in the semi-final as Man Utd beat Arsenal 6-0 in their first leg. In the FA Cup, we just beat West Brom 2-1 in the third round and have drawn against Fleetwood in the fourth round; I would love to make it three FA Cup wins in a row. Our progress in the cups is really pleasing as I have chosen to rest the majority of my first team players and play my fringe players and youngsters. In the Champions League, we somehow topped a group consisting of Juventus, Bayern and Granada despite two bad defeats to Juventus (2-0) and Bayern (4-0) but wins over Granada – 3-0 in Spain and 4-1 at home – as well as narrow 2-1 victories over the big two saw us top the group with Bayern failing to qualify. We have been drawn against Benfica in the next round and I would love to go a step further than last season and hopefully make the semi-finals at least. In the league, we remain undefeated after 22 games having only conceded 3 goals all season – Denys Garmash (Swansea), Son Heung-Min (Arsenal and Juan Mata (Man Utd) the three lucky players to have breached our defence. This run has included home wins over Chelsea (3-0), Tottenham (1-0), Everton (1-0), and Liverpool (1-0) as well as terrific away performances against Man City (1-0), Man Utd (2-1) and Chelsea (2-0). I really do love a 1-0 win, its happened 8 times this season, even had a run of five 1-0 league victories in a row. We sit top by 17 points from Man Utd in second so if I don’t win the league I will immediately resign! The target is 100 points and to concede less than 10 goals, we have 16 games left so 48 points to play for and we need 42 points to break the 100 points barrier.

Sorry for rambling on, but that brings my save upto date. Thanks to anyone who read even part of it.

going to start a save with my beloved Newcastle today possible starting Xi 4 3 3 GkTim Krul Rb :Mathieu Debuchy Lb: Davide Santon Cb: Fabricio Coloccini cB: Mike Williamson CM : DLp: Vurnon Anita Cm:BW:Cheick Tiote CM: ApMoussa Sissoko CF:Suport: Luuk De Jong: Poacher :Loic Remy Cf: Adfanced Forward: Papiss Demba Cissé will be looking for cover for clol and another forward and goalkeeper and left back

Haven't posted in here in quite a while, so an update on my save. In season 1, we finished 2nd to Man Utd in the league while winning the FA Cup.

Following on from my last update (post #558) I am now halfway through season 3 and things couldn’t be going much better. Firstly, I’ll start with transfers.

The major outgoing transfers have been Fabricio Coloccini leaving in February 2015 to join Man City for £8m, I’d have liked to have kept him but he wouldn’t agree a new deal and so I thought £8m was too good to turn down considering he wasn’t first choice no longer. The summer of 2015 proved to be a huge window with a major turnaround of players leaving and joining the club with the squad becoming even more British. A recurring theme in this save is PSG targeting my French as they bought Mathieu Debuchy in Summer of 2015 for £22m, again too good to turn considering I rejected their first offer of £15m and he then proceeded to hand in a transfer request. Sami Khedira also left the club after an underwhelming first season, joining Bayern Munich for £15m. Man City bought Cheick Tiote from me but I would get my revenge on them very soon after. Others left the club for small fees or free transfers included the Ameobi’s, Mehdi Abeid, Paul Dummett, James Tavernier, Ryan Taylor and a host of young players who were never going to make it.

Now onto the players to arrive at Newcastle. Ross Barkley joined us in January 2015 for a fee of £14.5m joining Steven Caulker who handed in a transfer request at Cardiff who were sitting in 18th position and joined us for £4.5m, bargain! In the following summer we bought James Ward-Prowse for a club record of £30m plus Craig Dawson going the other way and he was joined by Aaron Ramsey on loan for the season from Man City who bought him in season 1 and then barely played him in the second season. We also bought Leon Britton in on a free transfer following his release from Swansea, highly unlikely he’ll ever play a game for us but a fantastic tutor. We have just bought Nathaniel Chalobah from Chelsea for £15m who will most likely be a replacement for Moussa Sissoko who is subject of interest and bids from all the big European clubs including PSG, Bayern, Real Madrid and Juventus among others so it’s only a matter of time before he hands in a transfer request. My biggest signing however has been getting revenge on Man City for stealing Tiote from me, Sergio Aguero handed in a transfer request and was listed for £20.5m so I made a bid and offered a contract not expecting him to choose us considering he could choose any club in the world but surprisingly he chose Newcastle. The only bad thing is that he is on £180k per week and had been keeping a wage cap of £60k per week and I’m already regretting it, so as good a player as he is I’m already considering selling him in the summer.

That leaves my squad looking like this as of 14 January 2016:

NewcastleUnited_SquadPlayers-7_zps3b263321.png

And the only regen in my first team squad is Aaron McGlone, who I bought in July 2014 from MK Dons for £3.5m.

Now onto how we’ve performed on the pitch. We started the second season beating Man Utd in the Community Shield with a Sergio Aguero debut goal winning the game. We also won both the domestic cups, beating Man City on penalties following a goalless draw in the Capital One Cup final. In the FA Cup final, we won 1-0 after extra time, beating a very good Arsenal team. In the Champions League, we came through a group containing Real Madrid, Fiorentina and Schalke. We finished top and undefeated thanks to winning home and away to Fiorentina and Schalke and two draws with Real Madrid. We then faced Marseille in the next round, losing 1-0 away in France in the first leg before a fantastic 3-0 win at home saw us draw Barcelona in the quarter final. We were at home the first leg and a 3-2 defeat meant the second leg would be an uphill battle, we went there looking for the win and trying to dominate the game, it started well as we raced into a 1-0 lead and won a penalty but Rhodes put it wide and Barcelona then dominated the match and a Messi hat trick saw us bow out 5-3 on aggregate but an encouraging performance I was pleased with. Barcelona went on to win the competition so at least we can say we were knocked out by the winners. In the league however, we dominated winning the league with 12 points to spare over second placed Man Utd, finishing with 88 points and only losing twice. Perhaps the most surprising was Chelsea finishing 8th, Liverpool finishing 10th and Man City finishing 12th.

Onto the current season and again we started it off beating Man Utd in the Community Shield. In the Capital One Cup, we are into the Semi-final following wins over Blackpool, Birmingham and Liverpool. We also won the first leg 1-0 and will play the second leg very soon. We will play Man Utd in the final should we get past Southampton in the semi-final as Man Utd beat Arsenal 6-0 in their first leg. In the FA Cup, we just beat West Brom 2-1 in the third round and have drawn against Fleetwood in the fourth round; I would love to make it three FA Cup wins in a row. Our progress in the cups is really pleasing as I have chosen to rest the majority of my first team players and play my fringe players and youngsters. In the Champions League, we somehow topped a group consisting of Juventus, Bayern and Granada despite two bad defeats to Juventus (2-0) and Bayern (4-0) but wins over Granada – 3-0 in Spain and 4-1 at home – as well as narrow 2-1 victories over the big two saw us top the group with Bayern failing to qualify. We have been drawn against Benfica in the next round and I would love to go a step further than last season and hopefully make the semi-finals at least. In the league, we remain undefeated after 22 games having only conceded 3 goals all season – Denys Garmash (Swansea), Son Heung-Min (Arsenal and Juan Mata (Man Utd) the three lucky players to have breached our defence. This run has included home wins over Chelsea (3-0), Tottenham (1-0), Everton (1-0), and Liverpool (1-0) as well as terrific away performances against Man City (1-0), Man Utd (2-1) and Chelsea (2-0). I really do love a 1-0 win, its happened 8 times this season, even had a run of five 1-0 league victories in a row. We sit top by 17 points from Man Utd in second so if I don’t win the league I will immediately resign! The target is 100 points and to concede less than 10 goals, we have 16 games left so 48 points to play for and we need 42 points to break the 100 points barrier.

Sorry for rambling on, but that brings my save upto date. Thanks to anyone who read even part of it.

Great season and nice achievements! You maybe want to share your tactic or screenshots of it? I'm also looking into starting a save with Newcastle, would be nice to have some insight how you managed to get these wonderful results!

@Geordieboy52

Man City finished 12th in the second season and most of their players requested transfers including Aguero.

Southampton didn't go down no, but I have constantly praised Ward-Prowse and Shaw since day one and am now on both their favoured personnel.

So injuries to Rhodes and Campbell along with Aguero needing a rest before we play Dortmund in the Champions League quarter final, we face a striker crisis for the visit of Fulham to St. James Park so I give a debut to 17 year old academy graduate Joel Patten and he didn't disappoint:

JoelPattenDebut_zps6f33d21e.png

This is my favourite part of the game, along with news items like this:

JohnStonesEnglandDebut_zpsf0d62328.png

Well, not played as much as I would like due to work. However, I have managed to seal third straight CL title :D Won UEFA Super Cup, FA Cup, League Cup, World Club Cup, Premier League, Champions League in the same season. Missed out on Community Shield by a late goal.

1225809172___Newcastle_United_Banner.png

Mid-Season Report 2019-2020

So, let's see if I could continue the great form...

Incredible! Seemingly unbeatable at the moment, hopefully this could make for an epic season. Scoring freely too.

lqYkNbq.png

Unsurprisingly top of the table. Best defence, and amongst the top goalscorers. Let's hope it continues.

Managed to see off Rubin in the Super Cup, two goals from Balanta. Cruising in the Captial One Cup.

A surprise defeat in the opening game was a shock, but we picked ourselves up and eventually won the group.

t9jdGp7.png

In the knockout rounds awaits Spanish side Barcelona, who had struggled to get through their group...

oWpNfkB.png

Finally....

xOGOhIj.png

Archived