FM14: Everton - Who cares about Davie, we've got Bobby!

swisso

Untitled_2.jpg

Football Manager 2014: Everton F.C.

Firstly, welcome to the Everton F.C. thread for FM14! I'm the Everton Researcher, responsible for most of the data regarding Everton in the game. If you find an error, please head over to the Data Forum and post it in the Everton topic and i'll discuss it further in there :)

Why Everton?

The decade long tenure of David Moyes is over. Under his successor Roberto Martinez, Everton are expected to adopt the patient, passing game that he tried to implement at Wigan, without much success! There is some money left over from the sale of Marouane Fellaini to Manchester United to further improve a squad that is youthful and vibrant, but blended with seasoned performers.

New faces

Alacaraz, Kone, Joel and McCarthy arrive from Wigan to bolster the squad depth, Deulofeu brought in from Barcelona, Lukaku pinched from under the nose of West Brom in a massive deadline day coup and Barry recruited from Manchester City. The squad certainly has more depth under Martinez, but will losing Fellaini hurt the blues?

What's expected?

Kenwright and the Board expect a top-half finish for Everton, with Moyes having achieved the feat on a regular basis and going further and challenging for Europa League places most seasons, this is the minimum for Everton.

- Top Half Finish: £8m for transfers / £1m for wages

- Europa League: £10m for transfers / £1.1m for wages

- Champions League: £11m for transfers / £1.1m for wages

The club is currently spending £949k on wages.

How are the finances?

The club will start with a balance of roughly £24m with some Season Ticket money already coming in, but Evertons loans are rather troublesome and the money needs to be carefully managed!

The loans can be troublesome so it's important not to spend heavily or wildly and to find balance. Ideally the wage budget needs to be lowered as the club can't sustain £1m per week without Champions League football or the club will fall quickly into more debt! The Premier Leagues new TV deal will help matters, but remember the Financial Fair Play penalties too!

Stadium and Facilities

Goodison Park is falling down and has been for a long time now. Expansion, whilst possible is unlikely due to financial constraints. With enough money the Board will agree to a new stadium build.

Finch Farm is one of the highest rated facilities of it's kind in the Premier League, shared by the Academy and the Seniors. Youth Coaching is rated as good, this is the rating of the clubs players at U16 level and below and heavily influences the quality of newgens produced every year. The Board will agree to an increase of funding to increase youth coaching if funds are available.

The Present

mainmen.jpg

The key players at Everton that will keep you in the hunt for European football!

Leighton Baines

• Position: Attacking Left-back
  • Profile: Rapidly establishing himself as the Premier Leagues best leftback, reknowned crosser of the ball with excellent creativity and dribbling skills and a master of set pieces. An integral part of the starting 11, expect to find a lot of clubs sniffing around, imperative you keep him at all costs unless you're prepared to sell for silly money!

Romelu Lukaku

• Position: Powerful Forward
  • Profile: The big Belgian was a late addition to the squad on deadline day with Everton pipping West Brom to the season long loan signing. A prolific start to his Everton career gives fans high hopes that he can fire them towards the top of the league. Looks to have a big future ahead of him, can you make use of him for his short stay?

Kevin Mirallas

• Position: Inside-Forward
  • Profile: A speedy winger / inside-forward signed from Olympiakos for reasonable £6m, he's shown so far in the 2012-2013 season that he's at home in the Premier League. A direct player who looks to take people on and shoot when an opportunity arises.

Phil Jagielka

• Position: Centrehalf / Stopper
  • Profile: A typical English centrehalf, no-nonsense on the ball and prefers to keep it simple compared to his Dutch counterpart. A regular for England, although age is not on his side.

Ross Barkley

• Position: Advanced Playmaker
  • Profile: The most exciting talent to emerge since Wayne Rooney, Ross was used cautiously under Moyes, but is a regular in the starting 11 under Martinez and has earned good reviews with callups to the senior England team. A special talent for the future, good with both feet with an eye for a killer pass, Ross needs developing carefully.

The Future

futuremen.jpg

A promising group of new arrivals and youth scholars who need your guidance to become the next stars of Everton.

Joel

• Position: Goalkeeper
  • Profile: Signed from Atletico Madrid for £800,000 after a season on loan at Wigan, Joel is highly rated by Martinez and may take over the No.1 jersey in the coming years should Howard falter or become surplus to requirements. Has the ability to become as good as, if not better than Tim Howard.

James McCarthy

• Position: Deep-Lying-Playmaker
  • Profile: Signed from Wigan for £13m with the funds from Fellaini's sale, the young Irishman is a perfect replacement for the aging Leon Osman in the heart of the blues midfield. Pulling the passing strings but also offering cover for defence where needed, McCarthy has a big future ahead of him.

John Stones

• Position: Centreback / Fullback
  • Profile: The young man from Barnsley introduced himself with a cheeky chipped penalty in pre-season and has been outstanding for England when called upon. A favourite of Martinez, he's capable at both rightback, where he plays for England, and centreback where his future should ultimately lie. A perfect replacement for the aging Distin.

Ryan Ledson

• Position: Deep-Lying-Playmaker
  • Profile: The young playmaker from Maghull has wowed England fans with his performances for the U16s and U17s alongside Dan Crowley and Jordan Rossiter and has a very bright future at Everton. A wise head on his shoulders, there's few flaws to his game and he's already playing for Evertons U21s team. Could become an incredible talent so it's important he's handled well.

Jonjoe Kenny

• Position: Rightback / Centreback
  • Profile: Another promising talent from the Academy hailing from Kirkdale, a stones throw from Goodison. A keen Liverpool fan, but committed to the blue cause! Small in stature, he thinks and anticipates years above his age and the regular rightback for the U21s this season, despite only just leaving school.

The Everton way

The team you inherit is capable of playing attractive passing football. With the passing abilities of Osman, Barry, McCarthy and Pienaar, you should be able to forge openings for Lukaku and Mirallas to exploit.

I've opted for similar style to Martinez, a deep 4-2-3-1 with a mix of defensive cover and attacking prowess.

formation.png

Attack

I've opted for the front 3 of Pienaar, Barkley and Mirallas supporting Lukaku, which has been the widely used combination this season. Barkley is growing in stature and can be used to great effect down the middle with his vision, Pienaar out wide left will cut inside and play passes into Baines on the overlap and Mirallas will also look to cut inside when the opportunity allows. Lukaku will come deeper to get involved in the play more and should link up well with Barkley in the Shadow Striker role.

Midfield

Fellaini leaving leaves the midfield a little short of strength and guile, so I'm hesitant to throw Osman and McCarthy together. I've opted for a Ball-Winning-Midfielder to press and close down the play; the role suits Gibson but he'll need someone covering deep alongside him to prevent him being out of position. Barry is a fine Deep-Lying-Playmaker sitting deep and mopping up the loose balls to be recycled again. The eventual plan is to get McCarthy up to the level to be able to take over from Barry.

Defence

Utilising Baines' strengths of dribbling, crossing and movement requires him to be given a Complete-Wingback role. Distin and Jagielka form the defensive partnership, a mix of strength and power with smart defending and Coleman is coming into his own as a supporting rightback.

The great this is that there's ready made backups for most positions. Heitinga and Stones can cover centreback, Oviedo will replicate Baines' mazy runs, Osman and McCarthy can operate as playmakers and Deulofeu and Kone can play out wide.

Recommendations

Tutoring and developing youth

With time and patience, many of the Everton youths can become good squad players and even first teamers. John Lundstram can become a good centre midfielder in time, it's your choice if you want to shape him as a Ball Winner or a Deep Playmaker. George Green has had a hit and miss year and has fallen behind, but offers a lot of flair and trickery if you can get him to perform consistently.

Academy wise, Jonjoe Kenny and Ryan Ledson are the brightest prospects and both should be held onto and tutored regulary. I'd recommend Hibbert tutors Kenny and Pienaar/Barry/Osman tutor Ledson.

Movers and shakers

With £8m to spend on players, it's vital that you think longterm because Barry and Lukaku will only remain for the current season. Kone and Jelavic aren't really good enough to drive you into Europe so once Lukaku leaves you'll have a need for another striker. Aleksandar Mitrović offers one option, the powerful Serbian forward at Anderlecht could be available once the season ends.

There's also a concerning lack of width with the aging Pienaar and Mirallas the only real starters. Massimo Bruno from Anderlecht is a favourite of mine, the natural right winger is available for around £4.5m and has a great future ahead of him.

Nearing the end

Distin and Hibbert are into their final seasons. It's your call and you should try and get them on lower wages to save yourself spending another £70,000 per week between them. Distin appears to have another season in him and Hibbert is certainly useful to offer tutoring to the youngsters.

Now... over to you!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been waiting for this. Have a save with them on PC, not laptop so can only play on this save whilst at home at not university. Only trying things out and will probably start a new Everton save when the full game is released. However, sitting nicely at the top of the premiership after 10 game and so far unbeaten. Beat Liverpool 3-0 in the first game of the season, and played well ever since. I play a bit of an un-orthadox formation.

GK: Howard

RB: Coleman

CB: Jagielka

CB: Distin

LB: Baines

MC: Barry

MC: McCarthy

AML: Mirralas

AMC: Barkley

MR: Osman

ST: Lukaku

Brought in two Argentines; of whom I can't remember the name but i'll check when I get back tomorrow. Playing some nice football too. Love the new sliders.

I'm doing quite well, sitting 2nd in December, but we've just been tonked 4-0 away to Chelsea at the Bridge :D

Defence is peforming incredibly well, they're all getting high ratings. Had to terminate Deulofeu's loan as he was injured for 5 months :(

Massimo Bruno was my main buy with Iker Undabarrena from Athletic Club also coming in for £1.5m.

Really aiming for Champions League football, desperately need the money!

I've just done my first season. Stones has overtaken Coleman as my right back, Baines kicked off and I sold him to City for £25m, Oviedo has out performed him so far. Distin averaged nearly 8 over the season, absolute machine. Signed Gaitan and Fernando, both good players although Gaitan was injured for 4 months and Fernando is a little too tenacious (15 yellows and 3 reds I think). Lukaku is a monster, scored 25 goals in the league and we finished 4th(thanks to a last day Lukaku hat-trick). Sold Naismith, Hibbert, Gibson and Jelavic as well as loaning out Osman. Oh I signed Honda on a free too! Annoyingly only got £10mish to spend for 2nd season despite finishing 4th so I've just sold Mirallas for £20m to Chelsea and replaced him with Eduardo Salvio for about £8m! Thats about as far as I've got! Desperately looking for a striker now for about £10m, dont fancy going into the champs league with Kone as my main man!

Finished 3rd behind City and United (winners)

Trying to sell Kone and Naismith for £0 but nobody will touch them?!

Promoted Jonjoe Kenny, John Lundstram and Ryan Ledson to the first team and signed Gareth Barry (£28kpw) and Balanta from River (£9m)

Desperately need a forward now, trying for Mitrovic from Anderlecht but he's not interested in moving....

I've just signed Mitrovic! I also got £5m for Naismith off Norwich first year :) Signed Gaz Baz, Jan Kirchoff, Mitrovic and Vydra(free) plus a young Brazilian forward, can't remember his name! Trying to get shut of Kone myself but struggling!

Tried to play Kone as an Inside Forward but his composure was shot to pieces (Hull anyone?) and he misses too many chances.

Leftback, Rightback, Goalie, Centreback and Wings are Ok, just needing that Defensive Midfielder and a Striker really

So....what formation you guys playing?

I'm going the same as Swissons main post, but changed the roles slightly.

What i'm trying to get my head around, is how to set my defensive line and tempo (want to play short game like Martinez). So i assume play from defence.

Also playing with the 2 wide men, can't decide if inside forward or wingers would be best bet.

Cmon lads, help out a fellow blue!!

Lukaku just went to Real Madrid for £27.5m :D

Reloaded my game back to June so I could go about the transfers differently.

Got Negredo on loan from Man City, but spent my fantastic £3m transfer budget on Balanta :D

Asked the Board to expand Goodison and they've agreed, 45,000 seater coming in 2015.

Nice. Long time lurker, but this is my first post in the official forums :) I was going to run an Everton save before my Arsenal save when the full game comes out. I'm looking forward to developing the youth prospects and signing some players to bolster the squad

I've signed 6 youngsters and the board are saying that they're disappointed with the lack of signings of youngsters for the 1st team??? How many do I have to sign for them to be happy?

Who are the youngsters you brought in?

Happened to me as well. Only brought in 2 signings; both young Argentines. I think it might be something to do with their contract possibly? mine are set to hot prospect for future so technically not first teamers as of yet.

Gil Romero and Jonothan Silva?

Thanks guys. It was the contracts I offered. Most of them were set for hot prospect. I do intend on playing them regularly though so will that change their happiness or do I have to renegotiate the contracts?

startet my first game at everton. got a bit on a spending spree. I had to adjust my budget and had to cancel the loan of Gareth Barry.

In:

Souttar 1,8 Mio (Loaned back to Dundee)

Gauld 2,5 Mio (loaned back to Dundee)

Tielemans 2 Mio

Erazo 400 k

Bakkali 2,5 Mio up front + 4 Mio for the next 48 Months

Mitrovic 2,5 Mio up front + 5 Mio for the next 48 Months

Balanta 2,5 Mio up front + 6 Mio for the next 48 Months

Honda free (01.01.2014)

Barbosa 2 Mio (30.08.2014)

Out:

Naismith 5 Mio (Southampton)

Heitinga 2,5 Mio (Fulham)

Hibbert 135 k (Hull)

Oviedo Loan 35k per month + 90 % wages (Wigan)

My Board is still very dissapointed about the lack of youngsters signed for the first team. baines got unhappy, i promised him the titel ... he thought im not ambitious enough to match him and requestet a transfer. i rejected instantly...

i've won the first match at west ham. pienaar scoring twice, so there is hope :D next game is at home against cardiff

@swisso: do you have any information about an everton-youth player named kieran dowell? he featured for the england u-17 besides ryan ledson, but i cant find anything about him.

@swisso: do you have any information about an everton-youth player named kieran dowell? he featured for the england u-17 besides ryan ledson, but i cant find anything about him.

Kieran Dowell is 15 so he'll appear in FM15 if he signs a youth scholarship with Everton.

He's a central midfielder, primarily an advanced playmaker, he's played some U18 football for Everton but plays with the U16 group mostly.

Kieran Dowell is 15 so he'll appear in FM15 if he signs a youth scholarship with Everton.

He's a central midfielder, primarily an advanced playmaker, he's played some U18 football for Everton but plays with the U16 group mostly.

is he someone, we could look forward to?

I've been offered some cash for Osman, have you guys kept him or sold him?

I've kept him. I've been offered something like 300k for him, but wont sell him that cheap. he is good enough to provide a decent alternative for all offensive midfield roles and to get some playingtime, if someone needs a rest.

im trying to get rid of alcaraz and kone. never liked the transfers in the first place. alcaraz finally agreed to join watford on loan, but kone, while wanting to move away because he couldnt settle in area, rejected all offers from france, italy or spain.

I can't sell Kone for love nor money, nobody wants him for £0 :D

Alcaraz went to Racing Club in Argentina, never had the need to play him. I'd use Kone, but his age, his wages and his average composure mean he simply has no place.

Finally returning to the forums for the first time since just before 13 got released last year. I had to take a year off from FM and stuck with 12 as my laptop just refused to play FM13 and constantly overheated every time i tried, but now i have a new PC and can finally play FM again.

Ironically i started my Everton save yesterday and it crashed xD so i have restarted it again today and will try to complete updates on here when i can.

Pre Season 2013/14

Squad - Transfers - Results

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being an Everton fan i already had an idea of what areas i should have been looking to improve but that pretty much went out the window as soon as i started looking at players. I think long term CB is a position we do need but for now Distin and Jagielka can handle this season and Heitinga will do a job if i need him to play. In my original save before the crash i did buy Balanta for 6.5 million but on the new save they refused to go below 10 million and i didn't want to match that valuation. Defensive midfield is also an area i feel i should have improved (same as with balanta i did originally sign fernando to solve that problem) but with playing a few of the pre season friendlies i have the feeling that Barry can hold the midfield together for the first season and his partner will interchange between Gibson and McCarthy and even if desperately necessary Heitinga can at least stand there and try :p

In the end on the transfers in section i went with 2 first team options and 2 young talents for the future. Leandro Damiao for 3.9 million is a steal, although he will be competing with Lukaku first season hes now the viable option for the next 2/3 seasons after this one and at such a small price he is even ideal to be the back up striker in the future. Nico Gaitan i wanted to bring in permanently but i didn't have the funds so i decided in the end that a loan deal is possible and i will go for him. I am not overly impressed by Pienaar so far and at 31 its a good time to get Gaitan on loan and have a season to decide if i want to buy him for the 6.5 million clause i had added into the loan move. Then finally the 2 youngsters, Ronan and Angel Correa i am hoping will have big futures with us. Ronan seems like a good young LB to have and was reasonably cheap, he will be going back to his former club on loan in January so until then he will be involved in cup games and training wise just trying to improve his tackling stat. Angel Correa looks like he could have a fantastic future, 5* potential and all the bases covered for a star attacking midfielder. I will look to use him off the bench when possible and get him game time in the cups.

315ioic.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results wise pre season went great winning every game and only conceding 3 all pre season (with 1 of them being an absolute howler from Howard) and scoring 19 in just 6 games. Now just have to hope we can take that form in to the league and have a good first season on the new game

COYB!!

Thinking of starting an Everton save. My main question is; how easy is it to hang on to Baines? If it's difficult, how much are you likely to get him for him?

Well I haven't had any offers for him so it's been good so far. I would assume if you have good aspirations, you'll likely be able to keep him. I sold Jelavic and Heitinga though to free up some wages and to help me fund the purchases of Mitrovic and Balanta. I was able to sign Franco Zuculini on a free while working on signing Honda, Soutter, Tielemans, and Bruno. Naismith is my next one to sell

Thinking of starting an Everton save. My main question is; how easy is it to hang on to Baines? If it's difficult, how much are you likely to get him for him?

Managed to get him to agree a new contract till 2017 on mine but you will need to make him top earner at the club (deservedly so). It should be the #1 priority when you take over as it doesn't take long before he wants to discuss moving to a bigger club and from what i have heard it doesn't matter what target you set it won't please him :thup:

I doubled his wages and so far so good.

Ins:

Mitrovic 8 million (installments)

Bruno 4.5 million

Balanta 6.5 million (installments)

F. Zuculini free

Tielemans 1 million

Souttar 1.2 million

Connor Hunte free

Honda - 1.4 million

Outs:

Naismith - Norwich for 5 million

Jelavic - Monaco for 10 million

Heitinga - Roma for 4 million

My team looks like this:

GK: Howard/Joel

DR: Coleman/Hibbert/Stones

DC: Balanta/Distin/Stones

DC: Jagielka/Souttar

DL: Baines/Oviedo

MCR: Zuculini/Gibson

MCL: McCarthy/Barry/Osman

AMR: Mirallas/Bruno

AMC: Barkley/Honda

AML: Pienaar/Delofeu

ST: Lukaku/Mitrovic

In the pipeline, I'm having Ledson tutored by Barry, Kelly by Hibbert, and Green by Pienaar. Almost ready to start my season against Liverpool. My goal is also to give guys like Tielemans, Bruno, and Souttar as much playing time as I can.

I doubled his wages and so far so good.

Ins:

Mitrovic 8 million (installments)

Bruno 4.5 million

Balanta 6.5 million (installments)

F. Zuculini free

Tielemans 1 million

Souttar 1.2 million

Connor Hunte free

Honda - 1.4 million

Outs:

Naismith - Norwich for 5 million

Jelavic - Monaco for 10 million

Heitinga - Roma for 4 million

My team looks like this:

GK: Howard/Joel

DR: Coleman/Hibbert/Stones

DC: Balanta/Distin/Stones

DC: Jagielka/Souttar

DL: Baines/Oviedo

MCR: Zuculini/Gibson

MCL: McCarthy/Barry/Osman

AMR: Mirallas/Bruno

AMC: Barkley/Honda

AML: Pienaar/Delofeu

ST: Lukaku/Mitrovic

In the pipeline, I'm having Ledson tutored by Barry, Kelly by Hibbert, and Green by Pienaar. Almost ready to start my season against Liverpool. My goal is also to give guys like Tielemans, Bruno, and Souttar as much playing time as I can.

Well done on the transfers, looks like a good window for you.

I've managed to get Knockart from Leicester who has done really well (and had a decent gain in stats)

Untitled_2.jpg

Season Review 2013/14

League Table - Top Scorer - Top Assists - Awards - Transfers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that brings to an end my first season and it has been a fantastic start to my Everton career. Before the season i would have been happy pushing for a europa league spot, but by the end i was almost biting my nails that we would hold on to a top 4 champions league position and thankfully we did securing 3rd place with 1 game remaining.

The middle part of the season we were fantastic going 12 games unbeaten but the final 6 games were a nightmare winning 2 and losing 4. I put it down to the fact the balance of the side was gone due to so many injuries to my wide players and eventually having to play Barkley on the right wing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Year - Leighton Baines

Top Goalscorer - Romelu Lukaku

Top Assists - Nico Gaitan

Romelu Lukaku and Leighton Baines for me were the star players all season and showed with them both receiving awards at the end of the season for their performances. Notable mentions also have to go to Sylvain Distin and Nico Gaitan who were fantastic throughout. In terms of transfers following pre season a few more left on loan and one player signed in January for a bargain price of £675,000, Thomas Ince.

However for me the highlight of the season has to be the growth of some of my younger players, they have rapidly improved including Ryan Ledson who at 16 is currently the England U19 captain and already pushing for a place in my squad. Here is some screenshots of Ledson, Correa, Barkley;

Ross Barkley

Apps - 32 Goals - 4 Assists - 9

2192bsl.jpg

Angel Correa

Apps - 19 Goals - 2 Assists - 2

23ra74o.jpg

Ryan Ledson

Apss - 0 Goals - 0 Assists 0

2aij7eb.jpg

I can't wait to look to intergrate Correa in a bit more this year and i will look to help Ledson make the step up to the senior side and make the odd cameo here and there, i am considering giving him a strong pre season and then see where he is at before the season starts and either keep developing him or look to get him some regular football on loan.

2014/15 Season Plans

I have been given a transfer budget of £17 million and with a fair few positions now needing to be filled its going to be an interest couple of months in game. I want lukaku to join full time and he wants to move here (i am on his favored personnel and hes fallen in love with the club and fans) but i can see money being an issue with this deal.

The target for the season ahead will again be to make it into europe preferably the champions league again and hopefully have a good run in the carling cup and fa cup, which i did not do this year. Champions League will be interesting and to see how well we can handle the added games but this is going to be a great season ahead and i am really enjoying FM14 so far.

Swisso, I just wanted to thank you for recommending Massimo Bruno :) I was playing United and on the verge of a tough 1-0 loss when he got the ball, beat three guys and scored a 90 minute equalizer to keep me unbeaten! He threatened much more than Mirallas did after I subbed him on

Untitled_2.jpg

Season Review 2013/14

League Table - Top Scorer - Top Assists - Awards - Transfers

Well that brings to an end my first season and it has been a fantastic start to my Everton career. Before the season i would have been happy pushing for a europa league spot, but by the end i was almost biting my nails that we would hold on to a top 4 champions league position and thankfully we did securing 3rd place with 1 game remaining.

The middle part of the season we were fantastic going 12 games unbeaten but the final 6 games were a nightmare winning 2 and losing 4. I put it down to the fact the balance of the side was gone due to so many injuries to my wide players and eventually having to play Barkley on the right wing.

Player of the Year - Leighton Baines

Top Goalscorer - Romelu Lukaku

Top Assists - Nico Gaitan

Romelu Lukaku and Leighton Baines for me were the star players all season and showed with them both receiving awards at the end of the season for their performances. Notable mentions also have to go to Sylvain Distin and Nico Gaitan who were fantastic throughout. In terms of transfers following pre season a few more left on loan and one player signed in January for a bargain price of £675,000, Thomas Ince.

However for me the highlight of the season has to be the growth of some of my younger players, they have rapidly improved including Ryan Ledson who at 16 is currently the England U19 captain and already pushing for a place in my squad. Here is some screenshots of Ledson, Correa, Barkley;

Ross Barkley

Apps - 32 Goals - 4 Assists - 9

2192bsl.jpg

Angel Correa

Apps - 19 Goals - 2 Assists - 2

23ra74o.jpg

Ryan Ledson

Apss - 0 Goals - 0 Assists 0

2aij7eb.jpg

I can't wait to look to intergrate Correa in a bit more this year and i will look to help Ledson make the step up to the senior side and make the odd cameo here and there, i am considering giving him a strong pre season and then see where he is at before the season starts and either keep developing him or look to get him some regular football on loan.

2014/15 Season Plans

I have been given a transfer budget of £17 million and with a fair few positions now needing to be filled its going to be an interest couple of months in game. I want lukaku to join full time and he wants to move here (i am on his favored personnel and hes fallen in love with the club and fans) but i can see money being an issue with this deal.

The target for the season ahead will again be to make it into europe preferably the champions league again and hopefully have a good run in the carling cup and fa cup, which i did not do this year. Champions League will be interesting and to see how well we can handle the added games but this is going to be a great season ahead and i am really enjoying FM14 so far.

Nicely done!

How have you trained Ledson? (you going for specific stats, or focus on a role training?).

Barkley's turned out different on my save, slightly less physical stats but more technical/mental.

I always struggle on the training side, as i'm not sure if i should concentrate the younger players on their physicals first? (IE Ledson...his physicals are all around 9/10 at the start).

One player that done ace for me is Anthony Knockaert (i think thats how his name is spelt), young player at Leicester currently. He can play right across the attacking midfielder range, and also up front. Fairly pacey (14/14), tons of flair, technique + passing. Just needs to get his decisions up. On my game his pace/acc is up to 15/15, technique @ 17, flair @ 18, passing + dribbling @ 15.

Nicely done!

How have you trained Ledson? (you going for specific stats, or focus on a role training?).

Barkley's turned out different on my save, slightly less physical stats but more technical/mental.

I always struggle on the training side, as i'm not sure if i should concentrate the younger players on their physicals first? (IE Ledson...his physicals are all around 9/10 at the start).

I put him on a specific role and got him tutored by Osman to increase some of his mental stats. Considering his starting stats are quite low i considered which role i thought would increase the most stats for him as a midfielder and for me that is a box to box player as they have to have a bit of everything. I haven't done much with his physical stats yet he still has time for them to improve up till he is 20 so getting his technical stats up quick will let me integrate him faster. I will keep him on box to box heavy for the next season then get him to focus specifically on quickness and agility for a season.

So far in pre season i have given him starts in both the games and he has been impressive, 2 assists in a 7-2 victory with one of them being one of the best passes i have seen so far.

I've been working on attributes for Ledson and getting Barry to work on his mental stats. He's getting better as well :) Great season McColl!!

I'm sitting 2nd right now in October 2 point back of United.

coming up to the end of my first season and a bit annoyed now.

Got Baines to sign a 5 year deal, few months later he does his "i wan't to move to a bigger club" routine. Persuade him to stay by promising Champions league football.

2 months later and he hands in a tranfer request because i broke my promise. All find and dandy sept it's only March and we're in FRICKEN 2ND PLACE!!!!!!

*deep breath*

on the plus, i've just had 3 new regens of 5* potential :D

Baines generally shuts up once you qualify for the Champions League :)

All of my newgens were rubbish, none of them worth keeping! We had a £3m transfer budget for the 2nd season... which I spent on Balanta (needed someone for resale)

Can't really sustain a wagebill of £1m a week and nobody wants Jelavic, Kone or Naismith. Fantastic.

Baines generally shuts up once you qualify for the Champions League :)

All of my newgens were rubbish, none of them worth keeping! We had a £3m transfer budget for the 2nd season... which I spent on Balanta (needed someone for resale)

Can't really sustain a wagebill of £1m a week and nobody wants Jelavic, Kone or Naismith. Fantastic.

i feel the pain, got kone out on loan with the potential for a 2.2mil sale but i'm not hold my breath

Archived