FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

llama3

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking the 13 thread is now dead.

Might start posting my 13 questions in here then.

First full start for Neymar as a Tq in the Striker role and he sets up 3 goals. Build up and final ball was incredible. Now just need to get him scoring!

llama3 (and anyone else) for the two wide players around a Tq, is it best to just use two IFa to get them providing forward runs past the Tq or should I vary it a little more? Note I have a BWMs and APa providing some runs from the MC strata too.

Assuming both the ME and database have changed from FM13 it might be confusing (at least for me!) to post FM13 issues in here?

Yeah I know what you mean, but I am more just asking for general tactical advice, that should translate between versions. More of a spacing advice thing I guess.

In previous years it usually ends up happening, as people just don't check the older threads, which is fair enough.

been out of game for a while. but after started playing it again last night, Wenger was sacked from Liverpool post (in Dec 2014) after 6 months and now managing Man City. Now he's trying to buy all of my players. damn

He went to city in my game, got sacked in less than 6 months.

I've been using my own tactic, 4-2-3-1 with Wilsher/Ozil/Cazorla rotating in that 3 AMC and Wings position. I use two MCs with DLP and BWM setting. been quite successfull in the first season and I think I got the best out of those threes players.Ozil playing 35(3) games,15 goals and 14 assists, Wilshere played 36(3), scored 10 goals and 4 assists while Cazorla played38(4), scored goals and 14 assists.

I am really struggling to develop a successful 4231. I would like to do it without many changes to the starting squad. Llama, do you use the 4231 with the two DM's or with two MC's? The former seems to provide more stability but Arsenal don't really have the personnel for it, the latter appears more risky against better opponents. Like many I would like to make the best use of Wilshere, Cazorla and Ozil, but fitting them into a system that works is hard. Mind you, I had trouble getting the best out of Wilshere and Cazorla in FM13.

i would go for papadopoulos. Age wise, not much difference, but papadopolous would be a better player IMO based on previous seasons experience.more expensive, but better investment i think.

I am at the start of season 2 and have a bid a 10 mil bid for Papadopoulos from schalke and a 5.25 mil bid for umtiti which one would you go for ?

I've posted this in bug thread more than a week ago but no one has answered my question. i thought just ask some of you guys here. i've played for two seasons already and achieved some of the locked achievements int the STEAM. but none has been unlocked yet. I'm frustrated. do you guys have encountered such problem before? anyone knows how to fix it? thanks guys!you're the best

and I've jut sold Walcott to Man City for an initial price or 30.5million pound and potential transfer price of 35.5 mill pound.He's been in and out of first team for the first one and a half season in my game. not really consistent player. I guess Wenger really likes him (Wenger is managing MAn City now in my save).

I do tend to rush in and then when things don't work go back to the beginning and look at things properly.

Start basic, read the roles. I make so few changes to instructions because if you pick the right role you really should not need to. If you mess around a role too much it becomes something else. E.g. that Regista that you forced to hold position is basically a Deep Lying Playmaker. The descriptions will tell you what is going on under the hood that you need to know about.

Important clarification - there are settings under the hood for each role by default, some you get no option to change or "tick" because they are already on as default and sometimes you cannot alter it. A winger will run at players for example, and he sits wide, you cannot make him run more of less, because dribbling at players is the integral part of his job, and he is meant to sit wide, if you asked him to cut inside he is an inside forward, not a winger. The under the hood instructions will automatically include through balls for playmakers, closing down for ball winning midfielders, and moving into channels for poachers.

Thinking the 13 thread is now dead.

Might start posting my 13 questions in here then.

IF(A)'s are a good idea to come in and link with a Treq, although a CF(S) does much the same thing, but is a better goalscorer instead of a Treq, kind of forces a symmetrical tactic though, especially from the full/wing backs to get enough width and pitch coverage.

I've decided to restart due to stupid amount of injuries

Just injuries the problem or still struggling? It's not like you mate, anything we can help with? You had an outstanding long term save on FM13.

I've been using my own tactic, 4-2-3-1 with Wilsher/Ozil/Cazorla rotating in that 3 AMC and Wings position. I use two MCs with DLP and BWM setting. been quite successfull in the first season and I think I got the best out of those threes players.Ozil playing 35(3) games,15 goals and 14 assists, Wilshere played 36(3), scored 10 goals and 4 assists while Cazorla played38(4), scored goals and 14 assists.

I must admit, my results are being ground out like a machine, but I wish I got more out of my creative trio. How are you playing them? Ozil has been useful in linking play, but contributed very few assists etc.

Ozil :mostly AMC (Enganche attack role)

:pass it shorter, shoot more often,get further forward

Wilshere and Cazorla: Winger with Support attack duty

: pass it shorter, cross from deep,get further forward, stay wider,shoot more often, more risky passes

Start basic, read the roles. I make so few changes to instructions because if you pick the right role you really should not need to. If you mess around a role too much it becomes something else. E.g. that Regista that you forced to hold position is basically a Deep Lying Playmaker. The descriptions will tell you what is going on under the hood that you need to know about.

Important clarification - there are settings under the hood for each role by default, some you get no option to change or "tick" because they are already on as default and sometimes you cannot alter it. A winger will run at players for example, and he sits wide, you cannot make him run more of less, because dribbling at players is the integral part of his job, and he is meant to sit wide, if you asked him to cut inside he is an inside forward, not a winger. The under the hood instructions will automatically include through balls for playmakers, closing down for ball winning midfielders, and moving into channels for poachers.

IF(A)'s are a good idea to come in and link with a Treq, although a CF(S) does much the same thing, but is a better goalscorer instead of a Treq, kind of forces a symmetrical tactic though, especially from the full/wing backs to get enough width and pitch coverage.

Just injuries the problem or still struggling? It's not like you mate, anything we can help with? You had an outstanding long term save on FM13.

I must admit, my results are being ground out like a machine, but I wish I got more out of my creative trio. How are you playing them? Ozil has been useful in linking play, but contributed very few assists etc.

you're one patient man. i would've quit the game and start all over again if I were you.well done mate!

I've finally won a trophy, in 2017! Capital one cup, beat United 1-0 in the final :D

2016/2017 review

League: 4th - 14 points behind the winners

CL: Semi finals - knocked out by Real Madrid (They scored 3 goals from corners over the two legs)

FA cup: 6th round - knocked out by Chelsea

COC: Winners - beat United in the final

Decent season, finally won my first trophy, league performance was disappointing though.

Top performers:

Wilshere - 45 apps, 17 goals, 25 assists (Won prem player of the year award)

Yanik ® - 47 apps, 25 goals, 7 assists

Drogba - 17 apps, 19 goals, 5 assists

Volland - 49 apps, 17 goals, 7 assists

Chamberlain - 60 apps, 12 goals, 17 assists

My main problem to date, I think, has been far too much rotation. Next season I'm looking to cut down, the squad will be made smaller and rotation will be kept largely to a minimum. Drogba is retiring, so I have Vossen coming in on a free in order to replace him as backup striker (great tutor too). Coentrao, Mertesacker, and Immobile will be sold, Vermaelen will be kept for tutoring. Ramsey may leave, I haven't decided yet.

Zelalem will go on loan, with a view to selling him on the following summer (workrate, aggression, and bravery are too low).

Thanks llama. Its funny but I never ever touched the sliders in previous FM's, just set the players in position and away we went, but for some reason I'm setting player instructions. Crazy.

get him.he's a very very good defender. good luck!

Started an Arsenal game, no major new signings just a few young ones. Timo Werner and Romero so far. Tried getting Balanta but he's injured at the minute and fails a medical so im just waiting in the wings for him.

in MArch 2015 now. fourth in the league with 13 point adrift the top team (Man Utd) with one game in hand. only 9 more games left. I think i'm just going to aim for Champions League automatic qualification, or maybe for the second place. Into the second knock out stage of UCL after beating Galatasaray 5-2 on aggregate. Really hope to win this competition this year. Ozil has been out injured for 4 months with broken foot, but he'll be available towards the end of the season.

Lewandowski has started scoring again, so all good this season except that I could not retain the league title. Went out of both FA and League Cup fairly early.

March 2014

C1C Final - Arsenal 3 - 1 Chelsea - Giroud (2), Wilshere, Koscielny s/o

FAC 6th Rnd - Chelsea 2 - 3 Arsenal - Özil, Wilshere (2)

PREM - Arsenal 0 - 2 Cardiff - Özil (pen), Gibbs

PREM - Arsenal 3 - 0 West Ham - Vermaelen (2), Walcott

UCL Rnd 16 2nd leg - Arsenal 3 - 1 Shakhtar D - Özil (2, 1 pen), Balanta

.......................................(agg 5 - 3)

PREM - Hull C 0 - 2 Arsenal - Vietto,Özil

PREM - Norwich 0 - 3 Arsenal - Walcott (2), Heintz

PREM TABLE

Arsenal P32 - Pts 92

Chelsea P32 - Pts 74

Everton P32 - Pts 57

Liverpool P32 - Pts 54

Champions League Qtr Final Draw

Arsenal v Real Madrid

FC Bayern v FCP

Paris Saint-Germain v Dortmund

OM v Chelsea

FA Cup Semi-finals

Arsenal v Sunderland

Hull City v Man City

Chelsea have drawn 0 - 0 in the early kick off at home to Norwich, so we have just been crowned 2014 Premier League Champions.

We have already captured the Capital One Cup with a 3-1 win over Chelsea.

We are in the semi finals of the FA Cup and have one foot in the semi finals of the Champions League and another good result in Madrid will see us through, buy I'm not going to count my chickens.

56084148-e7fc-4da7-894a-cfd30cd71d4c_zps1ad0d2e6.jpg

AUGUST UPDATE

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195283343

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195199642

arsenal2_zpsc15a7bc5.jpg

17/08/13 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal: ( Arteta 27 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 79)

Spurs: ( Lamela 14)

20/08/13 | UEFA Champions League( Best Place Playoff Leg 1) | Emirates

Arsenal 4 ( Özil 14 , Cazorla 53 , Giroud 59 , Podolski 67)

Red Bull Salzburg 0

24/08/13 | Barclays Premier League | Brittania

Arsenal 2 (Podolski PEN 18 & PEN 55)

Stoke 0

208/08/13 | UEFA Champions League( Best Place Playoff Leg 2) | Wals-Siezenheim

Arsenal 4 (8) ( Bendtner 4, Wilshere 7 , Arteta PEN 63 , Mertesacker 78)

Red Bull Salzburg 2(2) ( Jovanic 76 , Klein 87)

into the last game of the season.Man Utd have won the league with Chelsea in second with 81 and 75 points respectively.In third now, with two points ahead of Spurs, same point with Man City in fifth. the most interesting thing is our last game is against Spurs (away) while Man City vs Stoke (away too). hope to win against Spurs and deny them the UCL spot.

I'm in the final of UCL too against Bayern. Should be a good finale!

damn it.lost 0-1 to Spurs and ended up in fourth place. luckily Man City lost too. now, I need to win UCL to get the automatic place in UCL off Spurs. this will be even sweeter.COYG!

finally I have won Champions League after beating Bayern 5-4 on penalty. the score was 1-1 in normal time, goals scored by Cazorla and Goetze (after some defensive mistake between Balanta and Szcez).I'm so happy.looks like Spurs are missing the UCL again next year.lol!

Just got into the new year on my first season with Arsenal, and I must admit, the stand out performer by far has been one Jack Wilshere, in all competitions he's played 30 games, scored 21 goals and combined with 6 assists. He may not have as many assists as Ozil (17), but hes combined with far more goals than I expected especially in tight games he just seems to be Mr Reliable, and he's not had an injury problem yet (famous last words!)

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with Wilshere on the left of the 3 as a AP on attack...anyone else found him outstanding?

thanks mate. was not easy at all. Ozil and welsher got injured just after the second half and forced me to make couple of subs.luckily Sczezcny saved ribery's penalty, it hits the post and rolling out of the goal.pheww.who would've thought Ribery would miss it.

Congratulations, that probably was not an easy game!

Season Update 2013/14

January 1st has come round, here is my December:

PL - Arsenal 1-1 Hull -Cazorla

PL - Arsenal 1-0 Everton - Vermaelen

UCL - Arsenal 2-0 Leverkusen - Kießling og, Oxlade-Chamberlain

PL - Man City 0-1 Arsenal - Cazorla

C1C - Swansea 3-2 Arsenal - Jenkinson, Gnabry - Arsenal are Eliminated

PL - Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea - Flamini, Ozil

PL - West Ham 2-3 Arsenal - Podolski (2), Walcott

PL - Newcastle 2-4 Arsenal - Podolski (2), Vermaelen (2)

Started the month badly at home to Hull, very lucky to equalise with Cazorla scoring direct from a corner. Lucky to beat City after having very little of the ball and losing Vermaelen to a red card, lucky to draw with Chelsea after going 2 goals down in the first quater of an hour, threw away a 2-goal lead at Swansea in the Capital One Cup, before coming from behind twice against Newcastle to win.

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round

Shakhtar Donetsk v Arsenal

FA Cup Third Round

Leicester City v Arsenal

Premier League

Top of the table on 50 points from the opening 19 games, scoring 42 and conceding 14, 3 points clear of 2nd place Man Utd and 11 points clear of 3rd place Chelsea - so its a 2-horse race seemingly.

Thats superb form gholliday87 - Wilshere has been on the bench most of the season so far for me.

As I've said, he's gone beyond expectations for me this season...I made him my VC as well and he's be captain more often than not as I've had Balanta/Doria as my CB and he's handled the added pressure like a pro beyond his years.

Disaster though, Gibbs is out for 4 month with a broken ankle and in the very next game Monreal broke his leg and is ruled out for season. Have 3 days left of transfer window so looks like I'll be dipping my toe as I don't want to move Balanta from his CB position and I don't trust Vermaelen as a LB...Southampton want a stupid amount (approx. GBP 40mil) for Shaw, is he worth it?

Season Update 2013/14

January 1st has come round, here is my December:

PL - Arsenal 1-1 Hull -Cazorla

PL - Arsenal 1-0 Everton - Vermaelen

UCL - Arsenal 2-0 Leverkusen - Kießling og, Oxlade-Chamberlain

PL - Man City 0-1 Arsenal - Cazorla

C1C - Swansea 3-2 Arsenal - Jenkinson, Gnabry - Arsenal are Eliminated

PL - Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea - Flamini, Ozil

PL - West Ham 2-3 Arsenal - Podolski (2), Walcott

PL - Newcastle 2-4 Arsenal - Podolski (2), Vermaelen (2)

Started the month badly at home to Hull, very lucky to equalise with Cazorla scoring direct from a corner. Lucky to beat City after having very little of the ball and losing Vermaelen to a red card, lucky to draw with Chelsea after going 2 goals down in the first quater of an hour, threw away a 2-goal lead at Swansea in the Capital One Cup, before coming from behind twice against Newcastle to win.

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round

Shakhtar Donetsk v Arsenal

FA Cup Third Round

Leicester City v Arsenal

Premier League

Top of the table on 50 points from the opening 19 games, scoring 42 and conceding 14, 3 points clear of 2nd place Man Utd and 11 points clear of 3rd place Chelsea - so its a 2-horse race seemingly.

Not a bad December, good result at City, and an especially good win at home against Everton bouncing back from what was probably a disappointment against Hull

finally I have won Champions League after beating Bayern 5-4 on penalty. the score was 1-1 in normal time, goals scored by Cazorla and Goetze (after some defensive mistake between Balanta and Szcez).I'm so happy.looks like Spurs are missing the UCL again next year.lol!
this would be to funny if it happened irl

Archived