• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

SRL88's Career - September 2021 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps6638e2c2.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps6f93791d.png

On reflection this is a really solid month. Maybe beating Videoton would have been better, but I'm not complaining. We played well against them and took the lead right on the hour but just couldn't hold on for the win. We picked up a very good win against Debrecen when we needed it thanks to a penalty with less than ten minutes remaining. We battered BKV away from home before rounding the month off with a difficult trip to ZTE where we managed to come away with a very solid point.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps027a34ce.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages-2_zps10b80daa.png

Hardly a surprise to be honest but we gave it our best shot. The Juventus fixture was completely one sided and we fell to a 4-0 defeat, but we gave a much better account of ourselves against PSG and when it looked like we could have came away with an excellent point we conceded with just minutes remaining to deny us.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps70ca840b.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps2f3c60cb.png

Not the best start and I am rather frustrated. We played really well against Ferencvaros but just couldn't break them down to find the second goal of the game and give us the win. We were equally as good against Debrecen but as usual with us when we look set for a point we concede late on to deny us.

SRL88's Career - October 2021 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps8d77833d.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps3474ea60.png

Another solid month although we did lose our first game of the season, and first in 40 matches (a league record). October kicked off with a very solid performance at home to Diosgyor. We had a battle on our hands at times but we had the extra class to take us to victory. A game which could have easily gone against us due to our own complacency. A fantastic first half performance saw us go in at the break two goals up, and an early second half goal had us sat with a 3-0 lead but we completely took our foot off the pedal and allowed Kaposvar into the game as they scored twice in quick succession to bring them back into the game. Luckily we rallied and scored a fourth from a corner with ten minutes to go which gave us the win. We were on song against Pecs and a quick start saw us two goals up inside ten minutes. Another goal before the break gave us a three goal and we scored two second half goals as we found ourselves 5-0 up before Pecs pulled a goal back. We put in a solid performance against away to Ferencvaros but we just couldn't score as we fell to our first defeat since last August. The month rounded off with another blitz as we put four past Haladas.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsbcacd1a3.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpsd11bfe05.png

I am absolutely gutted for our players after a fantastic performance. We put a brilliant shift in and could have easily came away with a point but it just wasn't to be.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps1b02aa3f.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps31f583fd.png

These were two dominant performances but as always our defence switched off late on as we went from two winning positions to only wind up taking away one point from the two games.

SRL88's Career - November 2021 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps4382d5c4.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps3349a3fe.png

A very good month with our first 100% month of the season. We were completely in control against Kecskemet and it was a serious case of how many. We controlled the play and just popped the ball about for fun as we walked to a 3-0 win. We came from a goal down against Puskas in order to claim another win before a very hard fought trip on the road with a wonder strike from Laszlo Meszaros gave us a big three points.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps62a0545c.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps11475a77.png

Two very solid performances but we just can't pick anything up in this group. We've gave it our best shot throughout but their extra class shows. We managed to bring the score level against Valencia but tired late in the second half and they took advantage. Against Juve we they did dominate us but we stood firm defensively but they managed to play their way through us.

Magyar Kupa Fourth Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsc2d070f0.png

A very good performance against the NBIII side as we did a professional job. Two really good finishes either side of half-time from Andras Bubori (YP21) gave us the win.

Magyar Ligakypa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsddcce8c7.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps02c59fa8.png

I am delighted that this competition is over to be honest because I am furious with our defensive displays. We took the lead in both of these games but our defence decided to do what they do best and switch off as we fell to two 2-1 defeats.

SRL88's Career - December 2021 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-5_zps45d8bc2c.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpsfc553fe1.png

A fantastic result to finish off our European campaign. We fell behind early on but came back into the game to give PSG a battle. They did score a second but we managed to snatch a goal in first half stoppage time. The second half was very even but we did have the better chances and managed to scramble one of those home late on to grab a point.

Magyar Kupa Fifth Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-6_zps361ca9b4.png

Two very hard fought games but we managed to come through them. We fell behind in the first leg but found an equaliser thanks to a wonderfully worked goal. We scored twice within two second half minutes but they managed to pull one back to leave the game tight ahead of the second leg, although we had the advantage. The second leg was a tough encounter but we plucked the result out.

We now face a double header against struggling BKV Elore in the Quarter-Final.

SRL88's Career - February 2022 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-7_zpsa0d29ca4.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages-2_zps40f4ebc1.png

A goal glut fixture after the winter break to get us back into things. Our attacking presence was fantastic as we ripped their defence apart. Sandor Vincze (YP14) ran the show from the middle of the park with three assists and two goals as we trounced Papa 6-2.

Magyar Kupa Quarter-Final 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-8_zps5f4118f0.png

A massive win to effectively book our place in the Semi-Final. We were quick out of the blocks by taking the lead inside ten minutes and added a second before the half hour and another before the break. We were even more threatening in the second half as we looked to add to our lead and did so with two goals to make it 5-0 before Elore pulled one back.

Pretty tight in the league but it seems an improvement on the previous 2 campaigns. You have had some rotten luck with CL draws, I know exactly how you feel with it though when managing a club in a lower nation, I remember my Ljubljana save last year I think it took 3 seasons to even get a win in the group stage let alone get out of the bloody thing :D

Ambrusz looks like he could be really good. One thing I have noticed in a lot of your intakes is there isn't much pace in a fair few of them, obviously this can improve as they get older but when many are starting at 8's and 9's they'll never be too high. I'm wondering if in Europe that is a bit of a problem for you? I could be wrong obviously but it was just a thought.

One day you will get an easier Champions League group :D

One can only hope.

Pretty tight in the league but it seems an improvement on the previous 2 campaigns. You have had some rotten luck with CL draws, I know exactly how you feel with it though when managing a club in a lower nation, I remember my Ljubljana save last year I think it took 3 seasons to even get a win in the group stage let alone get out of the bloody thing :D

Ambrusz looks like he could be really good. One thing I have noticed in a lot of your intakes is there isn't much pace in a fair few of them, obviously this can improve as they get older but when many are starting at 8's and 9's they'll never be too high. I'm wondering if in Europe that is a bit of a problem for you? I could be wrong obviously but it was just a thought.

The league has been very tight for the last few seasons, especially with Videoton who have improved massively since their current manager came in. If they can qualify for the Champions League it would be great for them because they deserve it.

In regard to the youth intakes, I have to be honest that I have an overload of YP's who are rated highly so trying to even get them into the first team in the first place is difficult which is why I try and send them on loan. If I am in desperate need of a player in a position I might push them into the first team quickly, but otherwise it is difficult for them to break into the first team. When my players do get into the first team though their pace does shoot up. I think Sandor Vincze (YP14) is a prime example of that.

SRL88's Career - March 2022 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps71845ee8.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsddf9d704.png

Despite losing our second game of the season this was a pretty good month to keep us two points ahead at the top of the table. We weren't at the races against Gyor but the second half was very frustrating. Every time I made a tactical change or substitution they injured one of our players. We ended the game with 8-men in a very annoying game. We did bounce back from that game though with a very solid win at home to MTK and followed that up with an Adam Viczian (YP1) inspired as he grabbed a brace and an assist to lead us to a 3-0 victory. The month rounded off with a fantastic display away to Debrecen. We were on fire in the first half as we found ourselves 2-0 up but right on the brink of half time we had a man sent off. That resulted in a change of tactics and we put in a very resolute defensive display in the second half before hitting them on the counter late on to add a third goal.

Magyar Kupa Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps96f62d22.png

After a fantastic first leg we got the job done in the second but it wasn't without a little worry. The first half passed without much incident but we conceded two goals very early in the second half to shock us and give Elore a fighting chance. After a couple of changes though we started to control things and pulled a goal back and twenty minutes later leveled things on the night as the game finished 2-2.

We now face a very tough test against Videoton in the Semi-Final.

SRL88's Career - April 2022 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps96d5475c.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages-2_zpsaade2cb0.png

A really tough month for us as we played four very difficult teams but still managed to come out of the month top of the table. We traveled to Videoton and I have to say that I would have been delighted with a point and although that is what we came away with, I can't help but feel disappointed considering we let a two goal lead slip. We put an excellent shift in against Diosgyor and took the lead in the game, but gave it away immediately. We did get back to winning ways against ZTE with a very solid display. The month rounded off with frustration though as we put in an average performance against Ferencvaros. We were able to take a point from the game, but we really should have been looking for the win.

Magyar Kupa Semi-Final 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zps0586a9e9.png

We take a big advantage going into the second leg, although I know it won't be easy. We played really well and a goal right before the break and a bit of a scrambled goal by Bela Gyomber (YP5) gave us a very solid 2-0 win.

SRL88's Career - May 2022 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps7277a548.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsd0d83af3.png

Well we ended up throwing it away, and in reality it came down to one result. The game against Pecs completely cost us the title because a win there and the results that followed would have seen us top the table come the end of the season. We took the lead in the game via the penalty spot but just didn't double our advantage when we should have and it ended up costing us as we conceded with less than ten minutes remaining to deny us what would have been a vital victory. We managed to keep our title hopes alive with a hard fought yet solid win at home to Kaposvar and rounded the season off with a solid win on the road as Sandor Vincze (YP14) grabbed a brace.

Although it wasn't enough for our fifth title in a row, we still qualify for the Champions League thanks to our fantastic effort over recent years.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps85cce270.png

A massive award for him after a fantastic season.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zps71eadd19.png

Very nice to see our players scoop both the major player awards.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps9e314ae6.png

And a couple in the Team of the Year to go alongside.

images_zps986f6f58.jpg

Magyar Kupa Final

Route to the Final

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps6b4a8d98.png

A brilliant run to the final for us it must be said. Despite some hard fought games but we battled our way all the way through the competition with the stand-out ties being against Videoton where we managed to win both ties to book our place in the final.

The Match

Gy1510rvBeacutekeacutescsaba_PitchSplit_zps0a4143c4.png

A very tough game but we managed to come out at the other side with the Magyar Kupa. A fantastic goal from Adam Viczian (YP1) gave us the lead in the first half. We looked like we could hold on in the second half but an own-goal denied us as and took the game to extra-time. The extra period was very even as the game went to penalties and after six penalties each we scored the decisive one to give us the victory.

Gutted to see you threw away the title :( but congrats on winning the Magyar Kupa :thup:

Yeah I was annoyed that we didn't clinch the title. I suppose we couldn't win it every year though. Videoton played away to Ferencvaros so a draw between those two would have seen us win the league. Unfortunately, Videoton won 3-1.

Well it is a bit more interesting if you're not winning the league every year.
Sucks to see you threw it away but it could make things more interesting in the future.

Yeah that is what I'm thinking.

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2021/22 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

Results 1 - Results 2

Final League Position: 2nd - Runners-Up

I can't complain really. After four seasons in a row of winning the league and the last two being by the skin of our teeth it was always going to catch up with us. What is annoying though is this was probably one of our better attacking seasons. I'm still really proud of the players due to all their hard work, and because of that Hungary has two sides in the Champions League so we will still be in Europe's elite competition.

UEFA Champions League

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Group Stage

Another showing in the group stage for us but God we need an easier group for once. Four seasons in a row now we have been in the 'Group of Death' so if we do manage to get into the group stage again it would be nice to have a few games we stand a chance of points in.

Magyar Kupa

Competition Performance: Winners

Well it has been a few years so it was nice to claim this again. We had a good run to the Final before managing to battle past Gyor in the Final, although we had to rely on penalties.

Magyar Ligakupa

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Group Stage

We seem to go through phases in this competition of one good season and then one bad. This was a bad one.

Szuperkupa

Competition Performance: Runners-Up

We played well, but I was really annoyed that we let a two goal lead slip to lose 3-2.

Squad

There isn't to much room to bring players in really, but I need to start bleeding players into the squad.

Finances - Transfers

Finances - top notch.

Another heavy season for deals, but the vast majority were loan deals.

Youth Players at the Club

Adam Viczian (YP1) - My assistant and coaches opinion of him has clearly dropped but he is still a massive part of my side.

Peter Lamar (YP2) - Surprised he isn't rated so highly to be honest.

Bela Gyomber (YP5) - His best season for a few years now.

Roland Fulop (YP13) - Just a massive player for this club.

Sandor Vincze (YP14) - Unbelievable season from midfield.

Karoly Disztl (YP15) - Not his best season, but still brilliant.

Istvan Balog (YP17) - Easily one of the best on the books.

Tamas Molnar (YP19) - His contract is up and I can't see me renewing it based off those coming through the ranks.

Andras Bubori (YP21) - The least he has featured for me to be honest. Still a favourite of mine.

Mihaly Dani (YP22) - Played well when called upon.

Nortbert Baranyai (YP26) - Just brilliant.

Gabor Saliga (YP27) - Massive part of the side now.

Tamas Babati (YP28) - Did well in the games he featured.

Norbert Disztl (YP29) - A cracking back-up option.

Gabor Orban (YP31) - Turned into a brilliant player.

Karoly Fejes (YP33) - Ready for the first team. Will give us a different dimension upfront too.

Attila Halgas (YP34) - He just isn't improving as much as I would like.

Jakab Jakab (YP35) - Time for some first team action.

Roland Nagy (YP37) - Can't see him remaining at the club.

Karoly Juhasz (YP39) - I really want him to improve into a first team player.

Norbert Suli (YP40) - Back from his two years on loan and will be straight into the first team.

Gabor Ugrai (YP43) - Struggling to see where he can fit in but I know he could be a good player.

Norbert Baranyai (YP44) - If only I played with an AMC.

Adrian Csiszar (YP45) - Difficult to see where I can get him into the side.

Adam Kovacs (YP47) - Had a good season out on loan.

Gabor Toth (YP48) - I just have to many goalkeepers.

Istvan Laczko (YP49) - Another quality looking goalkeeper.

Pal Sipka (YP51) - I can't see him turning int the player I need.

Imre Buza (YP52) - Needs a few stats to increase. He's getting there.

Barnabas Sipka (YP53) - Another season or two and he'll be ready.

Zsolt Tandari (YP54) - Very bright future ahead.

Bela Hudak (YP55) - His days at the club are numbered.

Peter Nemeth (YP56) - Broke into the first team and did very well.

Imre Balla (YP57) - Could soon be ready for the first team.

Pal Sipka (YP58) - Looks like he is headed in the right direction.

Gergely Horvath (YP59) - Can see this guy turning into an excellent poacher.

Karoly Olah (YP60) - For his age he had a really solid season on loan.

Adam Loczi (YP61) - This guy is going to be a goal machine.

Istvan Schmidt (YP62) - Had a good season out on loan. Will likely do the same next season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season   | League        | League Position| Magyar Kupa  | Magyar Ligakupa| Champions League| Europa League | Other             |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13  | NBII          | 2nd            | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2013/14  | NBII          | 1st - Promoted | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2014/15  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Quarter-Final| Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2015/16  | OTP Bank Liga | 6th            | Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2016/17  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Winners      | Winners        | N/A             | Play-Off Round| Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2017/18  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | Group Stage   | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2018/19  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Winners        | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa Winners|
| 2019/20  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Group Stage    | Group Stage     | 1st KO Round  | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2020/21  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Semi-Final     | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa Winners|
| 2021/22  | OTP Bank Liga | 2nd            | Winners      | Group Stage    | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa R-U    |

Next Season

Well the Group Stage of Europe's elite would be nice again, but a nicer bloody group eh.... I want our title back too.

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2022/23 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Board Expectations:

OTP Bank Liga: Qualify for the Champions League

UEFA Champions League: Reach the Third Qualifying Phase

Magyar Kupa: Reach the Quarter-Final

Magyar Ligakupa: Not Important

Szuperkupa: Learn from the Experience

My Expectations:

OTP Bank Liga: Champions League is a must, but I'd like our title back

UEFA Champions League: Group Stage please

Magyar Kupa: Latter stages

Magyar Ligakupa: I'm not fussed at all

Szuerkupa: We are playing Videoton so I would like revenge for last season

Budgets:

Balance: £10,124,976

Nice healthy balance :cool: Good luck and hope you get your revenge.

You've inspired me to start a challenge like this :) Going to start in Serbia or Croatia.

Cheers fella :thup:.

Not sure which of those I would start in, but I would lean towards Croatia personally.

Too bad for losing the title but what struck me the most was to see that there are only four points between the first and fourth team... Vincze looks amazing btw. Good luck in CL next year, I must say it will be hard now when you're in best placed draw.

Just took over Poromac :thup:

I'm pretty sure it's called Pomorac. :D Their town is 10km from my town.

Too bad for losing the title but what struck me the most was to see that there are only four points between the first and fourth team... Vincze looks amazing btw. Good luck in CL next year, I must say it will be hard now when you're in best placed draw.

Whoops :D It is indeed called Pomorac.

Whoops :D It is indeed called Pomorac.

Would have been funny if he was wrong living so close :D.

Anyway, cheers TIR. As you said though, things are so much tougher in the Best Placed route :thdn:.

As someone whose had a long save in Hungary this year (as Ferencvaros, nothing as ambitious as you! :D) I wish you luck in the 'Best Placed Playoff' part of the CL draw. It's A LOT harder than the Champions half... Think Arsenal, Milan and Porto rather than Skonto Riga, Red Bull Salzburg and Red Star...

That being said, well done so far! It took me longer to win my first title than it took you - and I started with a top team and bought players! :thup:

Shame you lost out on the title, for a while this year seemed to be going a bit better than the previous 2. At least you still have the CL to play in. Good luck for next season.

Yeah I thought we were going to do it, but that Pecs game killed us really.

As someone whose had a long save in Hungary this year (as Ferencvaros, nothing as ambitious as you! :D) I wish you luck in the 'Best Placed Playoff' part of the CL draw. It's A LOT harder than the Champions half... Think Arsenal, Milan and Porto rather than Skonto Riga, Red Bull Salzburg and Red Star...

That being said, well done so far! It took me longer to win my first title than it took you - and I started with a top team and bought players! :thup:

Cheers fella :thup:.

Just read this from start to finish. Good to see SRL has kept his usual standard of excellence going.

Tough groups in Europe so far.

Good luck

Cheers fella :). Appreciate the comment.

I'm just about caught up with my reading of this now SRL88, a fun read and great progress you have made in 10 years. Good luck with your next season.

Cheers dude.

Bit of a 'bottle' there :(

Perhaps you need to bung Monsieur Platini some money to get you a better Champions League draw ;)

Yeah we probably should have won it, but at least it makes the save more interesting.

All your photos from the story have disappeared

I've noticed. I don't know why and I'm not pleased :(.

Edit: Apparently reached my bandwidth level. I haven't played the save for a few days and I haven't really got much time to in the next few days either. Apparently it will be OK in a few days.

Archived