4321 Tactic Oxford to Prem Title in 6 Seasons

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee

Apart from Sorin your side is weak at back. For away games use the 102pt tactic but untick counter attack. I always use Ass Man as you have option to change if you feel its not appropriate.

Geol

Try using tactics in post 544 to close out game.

Knap,

Great work man. Just started using your 107 tactic after a few seasons with Kimz tactics... I've had great success with Kimz ones but always felt a bit iffy about the amount I would concede (yes, yes I'm a perfectionist but somehow 4-0 just looks better than 5-2).

Anyways, I'm off to a flier so far with the tactic having won 4-1, 4-0, 4-0 and 3-0 in my last four games but I was just wondering for the end of season if you have basic attributes you look for in each position?

I don't necessarily like lists of players but I do like to know what sort of attributes I should be looking for to complement the tactics...

Any things you normally hunt out for the different positions would be greatly appreciated... as it is though mate, this is off to a great start, hope it continues!

Geol

Try using tactics in post 544 to close out game.

It's not about closing out the game it's about conceding first..and although I used these I conceded 2 goals or so in some occasions..:-(So what to do in other words to go attacking and score these 2 or more(why not heh..)goals and win the game..And how can I insert the corner routine for these tactics?

geol

Try tactic in post 535 its a minor variation to temp and width and DL and should help contain AI and force them back.

The corner routine requires players to exploit the situation, player with high attributes bravery/jumping/heading combined with a high attribute corner taker with inswinging corners. It also tends to happen more when playing friendlies rather than competive games because of the larger gap in attributes.

I actually used a non corner trick tactic the other night and all 3 of my goals scored were from corners.

Also be aware that "clumps" of situations will arise, AI scoring early, AI scoring late, again playing last night no tactic changing and I hardly concede (Arsenal) , I scored in 90th min "winning goal" no AI scored straight from kick off, then we scored straight from kick off, so 3 goals in 90th min. These things happen and can run in clumps so sometimes you have to look at long term results rather than specific games.

oooooh my GOOOOOOOOOOOD.i can't believe it...this tactic the best ever ever ever made...Played with some minnows in blue square south division: Hampton & Richmond...media prediction 20th....I managed to finish 4th in the first year..themn win the playoff semi and final.....i just can't believe it...Now my target is to win Premiership by 2014 and CL by 2016...one more time: unbelievable:

http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081023144735kj8.jpg

http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081023145500dg5.jpg

http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081023145528dz8.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081023145535yv5.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081023145548cc2.jpg

Best tactic i have used, nice work knap. I started a new game with aldershot got to the 4th round FA cup, i am top of the league by miles and in both semis in the FA trophy and setanta shield. I am using the basic tactic with no creative freedom:thup:

Gee

Apart from Sorin your side is weak at back. For away games use the 102pt tactic but untick counter attack. I always use Ass Man as you have option to change if you feel its not appropriate.

Even though my defence isn't that good how come people with blue square teams get results? is it because of the gap between hearts - rangers - celtic compared to the bluesquare league? or what?

Gee

You probably have 2 players (Sorin & Jimenez) that would be good enough for Rangers or Celtic and there is a large gap to close on these 2 Clubs. In Blue Square the teams are closely matched and you can usually buy/loan some talented players above Blue Square standard. Although with Hearts you cannot buy the star players like Rangers/Celtic due to Club reputation, you can build of team of nearly equal quality and then the tactics should give you the edge. The tactics also allow you to play an attacking and defensive formation by use of barrows avoiding tweaking.

Wijnand

Unlikely that these will work in FM09, and my understanding is that you will have tactics to select from in a range of styles.

Gee - I think you need to start a new thread. This is about tactics - not players mate.

Knap - Tactic is legendary. I tweak - dline, mentality, and tempo according to games. I think making adjustments is a skill, and its ok loading 106/107 ect but as long as you have this brilliant base tactic and adjust accordingly in each game - thats the skill.

I think some people want it all too easy. i.e - load a tactic and win EVERY game - you have to watch/analyze each game and make changes - that's part of playing the game. Like all games, there will be tough times and losing to Rangers and Celtic IS expected. Its like real life. What you have to do is buy players wisely, make money, choose a decent captain, have a good training schedule, good caoches ect ect - its sooooo much more than just coming on these boards and asking for a couple of players suggestions, expecting miracles and then moaning when it doesnt work out.

Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Gee - I think you need to start a new thread. This is about tactics - not players mate.

Knap - Tactic is legendary. I tweak - dline, mentality, and tempo according to games. I think making adjustments is a skill, and its ok loading 106/107 ect but as long as you have this brilliant base tactic and adjust accordingly in each game - thats the skill.

I think some people want it all too easy. i.e - load a tactic and win EVERY game - you have to watch/analyze each game and make changes - that's part of playing the game. Like all games, there will be tough times and losing to Rangers and Celtic IS expected. Its like real life. What you have to do is buy players wisely, make money, choose a decent captain, have a good training schedule, good caoches ect ect - its sooooo much more than just coming on these boards and asking for a couple of players suggestions, expecting miracles and then moaning when it doesnt work out.

What;s your problem m8?It's about the tactic..no need for new thread..Look Gee..stick to it and have faith..it's just brilliant..In home games against easy ops. use the attacking one(for top teams),in away games when fav.+easy ops. use the classic one,the base tactic,if in those games you aren't fav. or are even use the counter one,the first of the counter ones in first post..Use this tactic ALWAYS against Celtic and Rangers even at home or use against them an even more def. one(but I think at least for home games this one will be OK)..And finally..use Genie Scout 2008..this will give u a massive help..But the tactic itself is just brilliant..Thumbs up knap!!!

What;s your problem m8?It's about the tactic..no need for new thread..Look Gee..stick to it and have faith..it's just brilliant..In home games against easy ops. use the attacking one(for top teams),in away games when fav.+easy ops. use the classic one,the base tactic,if in those games you aren't fav. or are even use the counter one,the first of the counter ones in first post..Use this tactic ALWAYS against Celtic and Rangers even at home or use against them an even more def. one(but I think at least for home games this one will be OK)..And finally..use Genie Scout 2008..this will give u a massive help..But the tactic itself is just brilliant..Thumbs up knap!!!

No problem mate. Just an opinion - which I think I have come to the right place to express.

Genie scout is just a cheat also. It's unrealistic.

Not knocking the tactic - its amazing.

I tend to think of Genie Scout as a shortcut rather than a cheat, like shopping in a supermarket rather than several corner shops. Also a bit like downloading a tactic, hopefully a shortcut to winning a few games, and a stepping stone, so you you have time to consider all the other aspects.

However, it is useful to look at a teams positional rating compared to others in League just to get an idea of how far off the pace you are in terms of squad quality.

The tactics mentioned by geol do change tempo, width, defensive line within the same basic shape so can be used as tweaks, also you can add long farrows to wingers or take them off, consider players that can RWB often.

Think your being a bit arrogant as the post above says it is about the tactic so there's no point in making a new thread

Used the improved CB tactic with Ajax and didnt lose a game in the league in the first season and only lost two games in the second season. I changed one of the AMCs to have a farrow to support the ST and kept the other one the same but had both try through balls often. This seems to give the attacking side a few more goals. Also trying to get the wingers more involved but that seems quite hard to do goalscoring wise.

i resigned at hearts and went to celta vigo and got them promoted right away. I was only getting a 500k budget to spend when i got promoted to la liga so i resigned again and went to zaragoza i am doing well in 1st place 1 point ahead of r.madrid.

But my concern is that i am getting some dodgy results e.g when i was celta i once got beat 4-0 away to xerez and this season with zaragoza i got beat 4-0 away to deportivo how is this?

Thanks Again

Gee

Your team had an off day, usually happens once a season. If you see it coming, go down quickly to early goals, change tactic and you may still get a result.

As Spurs I lost Community Shield 5-2 to Arsenal, team was taken apart, then won the other 5 Competitions that season. With Oxford I lost 3 games in 2 seasons then in 3rd season lost 3 in a row, just an unlucky blip.

Cool i dont know if i should risk changing my tactic to your more attacking one because my zaragaoza team is pretty good

GK - Ustari

RB - Miguel

CB - Coloccini

CB - Carvalho

ML - Jonas Gutierrez

MC - Xavi

MR - Husyev

AM - Deco/Defour

AM - Bresciano

FC - A.Kone/Eduardo

Season 2010/2011 i play with your 4-3-2-1 base tactic home & away

Gee

Depends on your best players. The attacking 4141 uses AMR and AML in free roles and players suitable are Van Persie Vela type players so you are using 3 strikers, rather than more defensive MR and ML. It also pushes up requiring quick quality CBs and produces a different style of play, which you may enjoy as a change from 4321 although results are similar. You can ramp up the attacking side of this tactic by adding more free roles for home games.

Hey Knap,

Haven't posted here for a while but im still using these formations in some form. Have tweaked a little more and have it down to two base formations that i'm rather happy with depending whether favs for games or not.

May post some more links soon.

PJ

Well Done as the Championship is tough and you need to build a good squad with a small budget and low Cub reputation. Screenie of squad would be good and buys for EPL as that is another step up in squad quality.

PJ

Well Done as the Championship is tough and you need to build a good squad with a small budget and low Cub reputation. Screenie of squad would be good and buys for EPL as that is another step up in squad quality.

Hi Knap,

eastleigheastleighplayepu5.th.pngthpix.gif

thats squad, but just in season break. Moved some players out and not purchased any new ones yet. I know I need to, but am waiting for TV money.

In season 2017.

knap . Your tactic is brilliant.

I took 3rd league Danish team to semifinal of domestic cup, also i have won my league when i have 7 matches to go. i have been predicted by media on 11 place.

I'm using mainly 106P and when i play against better team away - 106 with quick tempo, sometimes i switch to counterattack on last 15 minutes

sorry for my english

Zigi

Long may your success continue. The 106 is a normal Defensive Line and the counter attack pushed up, and its the pushed up line that can help compress the game and stifle the AI when they are not playing the Long ball over the top.

Gerrard has done well to last this long. Has Preston Edwards turned into a decent GK, often buy him as backup.

Knap, yeah Gero is 37 now, slow but still has top stats and makes a wonderful captain. Got him from Southampton for 200k.

Preston Edwards is a top top keeper. Won't be searching for a new one for the prem, think he can step up.

The rest of the squad are not household names, and are all players that I have purchased from small foriegn teams for 50k here and there, and come through my reserves.

Boboucar Balde been at my club from the start and racked up 9 years service now!

Using 106, with tweaks, high DL and slow tempo.

Bank bal 3m, with a ground capacity of just 12,000!!

Archived