Zlatan Ibrahimović, how would you play a lazy player like Ibra?

Im on my fourth season with Hull City and Ibra was free agent, decided to go on and sign him 6mil a year for one year. I was totally blinded by all those bright blue attributes all over the board and missed these few little grey attributes such as, TEAMWORK and WORKRATE.......

Now no matter what i do, he just stands there doing nothing. If someone passes to him he just quickly gets rid of the ball by passing or by making a ridicilous shot attempt. He doesn't move, try to challenge the aerial balls, doesn't run with the ball.....He just refuses to do anything. Ibra's morale is superb and apparently he is enjoying playing for Hull.

Anyidea how i could use a lazy player like Ibra? player role and duty? Im willing to change my formation so it suits better for Ibra incase i could get something out of him.

TQ or complete forward. Just let him do what he wants. Even at the age you've got him he's still capable of magic, he just doesn't like being told what to do!

OR he is happy to take the 6mil a year with ridicilous demands for clauses and then just stand there in the pitch laughing at me!

Ok here we go, Ibra played 9 games. No goals, no assists, poor rating. I confront Ibra and tell him that if he doesn't get his act together i will list him. Ibra goes all out "i know i havent done well, ill try to improve my game". 10th game Ibra finally scores and im like "Finally, now i can expect him to start bagging them in on regular basis". Guess what..........FAT CHANCE! 5 more games in and no goals or assists just poor performance.

So Ibra has 15 games under his belt, 1 goal and no assists. I think he earned one way ticket to the reserves!

Ok here we go, Ibra played 9 games. No goals, no assists, poor rating. I confront Ibra and tell him that if he doesn't get his act together i will list him. Ibra goes all out "i know i havent done well, ill try to improve my game". 10th game Ibra finally scores and im like "Finally, now i can expect him to start bagging them in on regular basis". Guess what..........FAT CHANCE! 5 more games in and no goals or assists just poor performance.

So Ibra has 15 games under his belt, 1 goal and no assists. I think he earned one way ticket to the reserves!

I dont know how the rest of your squad is set up but i would use him in a OMC position and as someone else quoted use him as a TQ. Try to put up a Deep 4-2-3-1, use a deep defensive line, think that would open up space for him as a OMC.

I know your feeling last year when I managed milan I had him perform bad too. But I think the problem is we don't know how to get the best of him. His main weakness is his slow speed. I'd play him as complete fwd attack or treq in 4-3-3 with 2 inside forward and see if it would improve his rating

Well, even a player with low teamwork & workrate can play like a monster. Just give him the right team-talk. I have a player with teamwork 1 and workrate 1. Yet he is my best player by far as technically he is amazing and I believe his hidden attributes also have to be good as he is quite easy to motivate.

Probably a Triq tho I like Triq with high workrate since they close down even tho they are instructed not to. Maybe in the team talk, give him individual team talk > assertive > i expect a good performance from you today. He seems like the kind of player that relishes a challenge and not patronized with the I believe in you BS :D

He was a funny player for me at West Ham. It actually looked like he didn't do much in the game and yet at the end of the season he had scored 22 goals and had many an assist and I used him sparingly in 2014/2015!!

Not sure how much help this will be as I play Classic, but I put him up top in a 4-4-1-1 and had all his instructions on mixed bar long shots on rarely. Fairly attacking mentality with closing down one notch above mentality and had his CF on last notch of normal. Ah and hold up ball.....

Played him as a roaming attacking midfielder a couple of times and he was ok but as you say work rate is a problem.

Use a system where he holds up the ball instead of making forward runs. Make other players around him do the work and Ibra just applies the finish from time to time. Or you can teach him PPMs that will override laziness, such as attempts to beat the offside trap or runs with ball often.

Archived