Is there a trick to successfuly train PPMs?

Everytime i try and ask a coach to train a player in a new PPM he ALWAYS says its a bad idea and sometimes suggests an alternative PPM to train. Plus, my players routinely fail to learn the PPM and end up wasting months of training focus.

Is there some kind of formula/procedure/whatever to successfully train PPMs?

Thanks

It could have something to do with their current PPMs. For example if you have a player that likes to run down the wings, asking him to cut inside might not work and your coach might let you know this.

Do these players have PPMs currently? I only usually get this feedback when I'm coaching something that goes against an existing one that the player cannot unlearn.

Don't listen to the coaches, sometimes they suggest ridiculous PPM's that don't even suit the players attributes never mind your style of play, so just carry on with your suggestion, after all if they're failing at ones you don't really want them to have, they might as well fail at ones you do want them to have on the off chance it's successful.

I think it also depends on attributes. Not only for it to be an effective PPM, but for the player to learn it too.

I.e. the 'Shoot with power' preferred move.. You would need a player with good values in strength, balance, flair, technique. Strength to have the power, balance to avoid wayward shooting, flair to pull off the unexpected and technique to control the shot. It makes sense to me that if he doesn't have these attributes he will struggle to learn the move.

Killer balls obviously you need creativity and passing, but perhaps also flair, technique and I guess the better the player is at finding space the more successful it will be.

Don't listen to the coaches, sometimes they suggest ridiculous PPM's that don't even suit the players attributes never mind your style of play, so just carry on with your suggestion, after all if they're failing at ones you don't really want them to have, they might as well fail at ones you do want them to have on the off chance it's successful.

does the player ever learn the ppm you asked for instead of the coaches opinion? whenever i see this response i just automatically go with the coaches idea, but if this does work then i will alter my thinking on this

does the player ever learn the ppm you asked for instead of the coaches opinion? whenever i see this response i just automatically go with the coaches idea, but if this does work then i will alter my thinking on this

Yes I have done it countless times and i'm only at the start of my second season. I think out of about 20-25 PPM's i've learnt altogether, about 3 have failed and about 16/17 of them I over ruled my coach so it definitely does work.

Wow that's nice, for me it feels like over 50% have failed... :(

I don't have any secret way I just look at the player, regen or otherwise and think in my current system what PPM could enhance his performances and in turn my overall performances. Once I have a look through and find one I like train it, I don't care what the coach thinks :D He's paid to coach what I say not give his opinions :)

Attacking coaches to set up attacking PPM's, Defending coaches to set up defending PPM's, general coaches to set up general PPM's.

Which are what is of course another SI secret...

Other than that, yes I don't always listen to my coaches but when I agree with them that's a couple of mouse clicks less.

Attacking coaches to set up attacking PPM's, Defending coaches to set up defending PPM's, general coaches to set up general PPM's.

Which are what is of course another SI secret...

Other than that, yes I don't always listen to my coaches but when I agree with them that's a couple of mouse clicks less.

You can easily tell which PPM falls under which catergory by what it does.

You can easily tell which PPM falls under which catergory by what it does.

You mean, you can easily guess. Is switching possession to the other flank Attacking or General? What about Dictate Tempo? It means slowing it down as well don't it? Isn't that rather Defensive? General?

You mean, you can easily guess. Is switching possession to the other flank Attacking or General? What about Dictate Tempo? It means slowing it down as well don't it? Isn't that rather Defensive? General?

No you don't have to guess. There was even a massive 14 page topic about it before the forum switch which sadly got lost that I got someone from SI to post in to confirm. We lost a lot of content from this forum after the switch :( Anything that can be classed as attacking & defending or doesn't fit into either catergory is a general one.

Simples really :thup:

Archived