FM 13: Inter Milan - The finances are fading...

Tactic Master

Welcome to the Inter Milan thread for Football Manager 2013!

36047.png

Club Background:

Inter Milan, also known as 'Internazionale' or officially known as 'Football Club Internazionale Milano S.P.A. is a professional club that is based in Milan in Italy. They are one of the most successfull clubs in Italy alongside the likes of A.C. Milan and Juventus, who are also Inter Milan's most fierce rivals. They have achieved the feat of never being relegated from the Italian top division, which they have competed in since the club was founded in 1908.

So far, since the club was founded, it has managed to collect 30 domestic titles, 18 of which came from winning the Serie A title. The club has also won several European honours, including winning the Champions League three times, with two consecutive victories in 1964 and 1965 and the most recent coming under the management of the 'Special One' Jose Mourinho in 2010.

Inter Milan play their home games at the Giuseppe Meazza, or more commonly known as the San Siro. Despite their rivalry, they share the stadium with A.C. Milan. The current capacity of this magnificent stadium is 80,018, although it had previously reached an outstanding capacity of 100,000 back in 1956. The derby between both teams played at the San Siro is known as the 'Derby Della Madonnina' and is one of the most followed in football.

In the early years since officially being founded on the 9th of March 1908, it has become known that the reason the club was founded was due to an apparent 'schism' from 44 members of A.C. Milan due to their policy of not letting in foreign players, hence the club was formed and the policy was to allow in foreign players along with Italian players. Despite only being founded 2 years previously, Inter Milan managed their first ever 'Schudetto' (Championship) in 1910 and followed up with it's second 10 years later in 1920. The coach and captain of the team was 'Virgilio Fossati' who was killed during World War 1.

Moving on to their most successfull period in their history, the 1960's saw Helenio Herrera join the club from Barcelona along with Luis Suarez. These two players effectively transformed the club into one of the greatest European teams of that period. In their first season at the club, Inter Milan managed a third place finish, second season a second place finish and then finally in the third season the club won the Serie A. Then came the miraculous back to back European cups and almost made it an unbelievable triple of European Champions, although with star player Jair gone and Luis Suarez injured, Celtic managed to beat them in the final.

Dark times approached in the 1990's with A.C. Milan and Juventus having a lot of success, whilst Inter Milan suffered and is known as the only decade in the clubs history that it hadn't won the championship. It will be forever remain a decade of disappointment, despite the arival of Ronaldo and Christian Vieri, breaking the world record transfer fee twice in a desperate attempt to bring back the glory days.

The ressurection of this suffering club came in 2004 when the club appointed former Lazio boss Roberto Mancini as their new head coach and by 2005 the club won the Coppa Italia and followed that up by winning the Supercoppa Italiana, defeating league champions Juventus (who were later stripped of the Serie A title). From 2006 through to 2010 Inter Milan managed to win 5 consecutive Scudetto's along with making history and winning the treble consisting of the Scudetto, Coppa Italia and the Champions League in 2010. Unfortunately Jose Mourinho decided to leave after this amazing achievement to join Spanish giants Real Madrid leaving Inter Milan with the job of finding a new head coach. They moved for former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and he managed to continue the success of 2010 winning the Supercoppa Italiana and then eventually the Fifa Club World Cup in December to complete the 'Quintuple', becoming the fourth team ever to achieve this feat.

Despite his best efforts, Rafael Benitez was sacked as Inter Milan head coach and quickly replaced with Leonardo. Leonardo had a quick impact on the team, despite key players either unavailable or injured and won his first match in charge, thanks to the signings he made in the winter transfer window; Andrea Ranocchia, Giampaolo Pazzini, Houssine Kharja and Yuto Nagatomo.

Since 2010, Inter Milan have failed to continue their impact on Italian football, with only winning the Coppa Italia in 2011 and no further victories elsewhere. Along with this sudden dissapointment they sold their flagship striker 'Samuel Eto'o and current President Massimo Morratti stated it was aimed for the UEFA Financial Fair Play.

San_Siro.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

General Information

D7DF4B21F3EFD6B099F9A78DF14D44AE4F645738

Expectations & Budgets

E51C32126D11E13A09AC932A564B433C0A3273BE

Squad 2012/2013 Season

tumblr_mc1j7uybhW1ry8ymqo1_1280.jpg

Goalkeepers:

This is an area that can be focused on later into the seasons or maybe doesn't need any improvement at all! You have Samir Handanovic who is a top keeper. You then have your backup goalkeeper Luca Castellazzi, admittedly not the best goalkeeper in the world, but when called upon can put in a decent shift (from my own experience). In the reserves you have the up and coming Francesco Bardi, currently out on loan for the season and once back at the club should be put in as backup to Handanovic and eventually replacing him.

Recommendations:

First Team: Samir Handanovic

Backup: Luca Castellazzi

Hot Prospect: Francesco Bardi

Fullbacks:

The fullback positions are possibly a cause for concern at the moment, a lack of backup being the concern. You do actually have some top class players for the first team in my opinion and going off experience playing as Inter, with Yuto Nagatomo and Alvaro Pereira as the main first team players (Nagatomo should be used in right back). You then have the ageing Javier Zanetti who still plays as if he is 21 again and can provide top class backup and doesn't moan about being on the bench. In the reserves squad you have Jonathan, which you definately should promote to the first team to provide that much needed backup. Apart from these players, you have no real competition for places.

On a side note, you should look to buy the other 50% of Marco Davide Faraoni who has the potential to be top class and could provide that much needed backup! He can play anywhere down that right side.

Recommendations:

First Team: Yuto Nagatomo, Alvaro Pereira

Backup: Javier Zanetti, Jonathan

Possible Backup: Cristian Chivu

Transfer Targets...

RB - Marco Davide Faraoni - You can purchase the 50% for between £3mil & £5mil most probably and due to the fact that he is capable of playing anywhere down that right side and the potential to retrain with ease down the left side, along with his potential to be top class, he's well worth the investment.

Central Defenders:

I definately think we are very strong in this area with Walter Samuel, Andrea Ranocchia, Cristian Chivu and Matias Agustin Silvestre all capable of being in the first team. You then have Juan who should either be backup or sent out on loan to provide him with much needed experience. You also have Andrea Mei, but he should be sold off because he just doesn't have the talent and probably never will. Apart from Juan, I can't see any possible future prospects, so maybe that is where you should invest any money.

Recommendations:

First Team: Walter Samuel, Andrea Ranocchia

Backup: Cristian Chivu, Matias Agustin Silvestre

Hot Prospect: Juan

Defensive Midfielders:

You have Esteban Cambiasso who is the only Natural defensive midfielder, but you have an extreme amount of possible backup with these players; Javier Zanetti, Fredy Guarin, Gaby Mudingayi, McDonald Mariga, Dejan Stankovic and even Joel Chukwuma Obi. They are all accomplished in the defensive midfield area, with the exception of Joel Chukwuma Obi and most of them can put in a good shift for the team if required, so no investment needs making in this area just now. Along with the above, we have Jonathan who could be used here, but only use him if desperate measures are required. We have a couple of young talents in this position as well, so you are pretty much spoilt here and you have the players to teach them well too! Lorenzo Crisetig is

Recommendations:

First Team: Esteban Cambiasso

Backup: Fredy Guarin, Gaby Mudingayi, McDonald Mariga, Dejan Stankovic, Javier Zanetti

Possible Backup: Joel Chukwuma Obi, Jonathan

Central Midfielders:

One of the strongest areas in the team and you will definately struggle to pick the first team players here, especially if you choose to play without an attacking midfielder like I did. You have Fredy Guarin, Gaby Mudingayi, McDonald Mariga and Dejan Stankovic who are all natural in this position. You then have Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso, and Wesley Sneijder who are able to play in central midfield aswell. It all depends on your formation and if you weren't using an attacking midfielder, I'd definately start Wesley Sniejder in central midfield ahead of anybody.

Recommendations:

First Team: Fredy Guarin, Gaby Mudingayi

Backup: McDonald Mariga, Dejan Stankovic

Possible Backup: Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso, Wesley Sneijder

Attacking Midfielders:

You are pretty much spoilt with the possibility of using either Wesley Sneijder or Coutinho in this position and I wouldn't be suprised to see people use two attacking midfielders, because these two are godlike. Wesley Sneidjer is obviously the finished article, but even with his current ability to dictate a result, Coutinho can still improve much further! If you are one of those looking to slash the wages right from the start, you wouldn't have to worry too much about the sale of Sneijder, as you will still have Coutinho who is on very low wages and can be devastating at times. As possible backup to these two, you have Dejan Stankovic, Ricardo Alvarez, Rodrigo Palacio and Antonio Cassano.

Recommendations:

First Team: Wesley Sniejder

Backup: Coutinho, Dejan Stankovic, Rodrigo Palacio, Antonio Cassano, Ricardo Alvarez

Wide Midfielders / Wingers / Inside Forwards:

You may want to look at these positions depending on how you set your team up. I personally use Coutinho out on the left wing and Ricardo Alvarez on the right wing as inside forwards and they both do extremely well in those positions. If you choose to set up in this way, you have Rodrigo Palacio and Antonio Cassano who are capable of backing them up. You can also use Joel Chukwumba Obi if you decide to play with a left midfielder rather than a winger. The fact that Coutinho isn't a proper left winger / inside forward and the fact that Palacio and Cassano are getting old, means that you need to seriously look at the future for these positions.

Recommendations:

First Team: Coutinho, Ricardo Alvarez

Backup: Rodrigo Palacio, Antonio Cassano

Possible Backup: Joel Chukwumba Obi

Strikers:

This is definately an area for concern in my opinion. I haven't been able to bring much good out of Diego Milito, Rodrigo Palacio or Antonio Cassano up front and unless you can, this is defintely your weakest point in the team by far. You have to face facts even if you can get them to perform, they are getting old and need replacements sooner rather than later. If you are really struggling you can use Countinho as a striker, but it is far from his best position.

Recommendations:

First Team: Rodrigo Palacio

Backup: Diego Milito, Antonio Cassano

Possible Backup: Coutinho

Conclusion:

Inter Milan have a decent set of players here, with some bright young talent coming through should you wish to nuture them, but with the money problems you are going to face, it will be very difficult to bring in transfers to strenghten the team and you may even have to look at the possibility of selling key players to get the wage bill lower. My advice would be to stick with the current setup untill season 2 and then look to sell and replace. You should also look towards the free signings come January.

Objectives

Financial Stability - Sell players with a huge wage, even if they are world class. Train young players to take their places in the team and be smart in the transfer market, paying new arrivals low wages.

Top 3 - You need that Champions League spot for the second season because it will provide the club with much needed funds which the Europa League doesn't provide so well.

Success - You need to win something to continue the tradition of success that the club is used to and winning something in your first season will prove to the board that you are the correct man for the job.

I will now give you the more individual objectives for each competition that the team is taking part in...

Serie A - Second place is what you should be looking for really and you should be proud if you manage this. First place will be very difficult due to the immense ability of Juventus who will most likely win Serie A in your first season.

Coppa Italia - You should definetly look to win this competition if you can and is probably the easiest route to silverware this season. Fingers crossed you get the easy route!

Europa League - If you reach the Semi-Final then you have done well, but it could become difficult depending on which teams are booted out of the Champions League. The team has the ability to win the competition, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if you don't.

Records

Here you will find all the records of our fellow FM addicts who have chosen to play as Inter Milan. You may apply for them by posting what record you have broken along with proof. I will do my best to update this as much as possible and if you have any records you wish to be added that I may have forgotten to put in, then by all means say so.

All records must be better than any shown at the start of a new game. All default records will be shown as follows; Biggest Win: 16-0 (vs Vicenza) [Default]

Team Records...

• Highest Attendance:
  • Highest Gate Receipts:
  • Highest Average Attendance:
  • Biggest Win: 16-0 (vs Vicenza) [Default]
  • > Serie A Win:
  • > Coppa Italia Win:
  • > Supercoppa Italiana Win:
  • > Europa League Win:
  • > Champions League Win:
  • Highest Scoring Game: 6-5 (vs A.C. Milan) [Default]
  • Most Games Won In A Row: 17 [Default]
  • Most Games Without Defeat: 33 [Default]
  • Most Games Without Conceding A Goal: 6 [Default]
  • Most Goals Scored In One Season:
  • Least Goals Conceded In One Season:
  • Largest Goal Difference In One Season
  • Consecutive Titles...
  • > Serie A:
  • > Coppa Italia:
  • > Supercoppa Italia:
  • > Champions League:
  • > World Club Cup:
  • > European Super Cup:

Player Records...

• Most Goals In One Season (League): 33 (Antonio Valentin Angelillo) [Default]
  • Most Goals In One Season (Overall):
  • Most Goals In One Match: 7 (Luigi Cevenini) [Default]
  • Most Assists in one season (league):
  • Most Assists in one season (Overall):
  • Most MotM awards in one season:
  • Worst Discipline in one season:
  • Most League Apps for Club: 574 (Javier Zanetti) [Default]
  • Most League Goals for Club: 246 (Giuseppe Meazza) [Default]
  • Youngest Player: 17 Years 29 Days (Goran Slavkovski) [Default]
  • Oldest Player:
  • Fastest Goal: 9 Seconds (Gianfranco Matteoli) [Default]
  • Fastest hat-trick:
  • Youngest goalscorer:
  • Highest average rating over 1 season (30 games+ needed):
  • Highest Transfer Fee Paid: £29,500,000 (Christian Vieri) [Default]
  • Highest Transfer Fee Received: £43,500,000 (Zlatan Ibrahimovich) [Default]

Thanks Cass, this is my first ever team guide so you will have the bare with me and it may not be the best ever, but i'll try my best :) I'm suprised nobody made one before now, which was the factor in why i decided to make one. I've played 3 quarters of a season just to get a feel of the squad and find out who is good and who isn't, so that should help me a lot with the next part of the thread.

Finally a thread about Inter!! Nice start and keep up the good work Tactic Master.

p.s. I have managed Inter in every single CM or FM series so if you need any help regarding formations/players just pm me.

yes an inter thread!!!!!!!!

Got a game with these guys and my plan was to get rid of the high earners and sell or loan out nearly all the reserves and just concentrate on training up my 'not bad youth' team and improving the 1st team by getting in cheap players, loans and a couple of high rated youth prospects.

the main players sold first season were:

Sneijder 20m

Cambiasso 5m

Milito 3.7m

Cassano free transfer to Sampdoria in January (87k i think a week and his attitude stinks. Just wanted him out)

Stankovic on loan

Bit of a gamble but it paid off. I remember in previous games Sneijder being a bit injury prone and he is on 175k i think which is just too high. Same with all the rest just too high in wages and not really that good of players.

These as well as players in the reserve team and youth team either released or sent out on loan and alot of staff replaced with good unemployed staff saved me a bucket load of money.

Minor players and all with no egos brought in

Hoarau on loan. Played very well and maybe worth a look to some people in need of a good squad/back up striker. Finished my top scorer with 18 goals.

Felipe Anderson, 5m

Adryan, 875k

Will Hughes 3m

and Mario Suarez from at Madrid who was just released even thou he was valued at 4m. Very good for me

Cassani from Fiorentina on loan

Litmanen, Sereni and Zanetti all for free and just to train/tutor the youngsters

Won the league by one point over Napoli. 80pts to their 79. Won the Europa league but not the Italian cup. So in all a very good season. Juventus didn't really turn up all season which helped me a great deal.

Coutinho is a good player if trained right and finished with 18 assists. He is injury prone thou and i have sold him since for 20m because of this reason. Ranocchia is immense and had an av rating of 7.80. Handanovic is great and only conceded 32 goals in 62 games (36 clean sheets)

So this is not a bad way to approach an Inter game. The italian league isn't the strongest and so this type of gamble is a good risk. Although keep in mind the board still expect you to challenge for the league

I cant remember when but I have had a board takeover (i think towards the end of the summer and just coming up to start of second season). Still have the massive debt and gave me an extra 20m transfer kitty.

Currently in november of 3rd season

Big shout out to Javier Zanetti, the guy cant be human. At that age he was always fit to play, never injured and played 2 full seasons before coming my coach

Nice one Tactic Master. I was hoping a thread might appear after reading about peoples Inter saves in the 'Thread for teams with no threads', er.. thread.

I like to pick teams that are in transition for my FM saves and I haven't managed in Italy since the game was still Championship Manager, so it's about time I got myself an Inter save.

I'll be waiting for the data update, before starting, but I'll keep reading here for tips.

Although not playing Inter Milan in my game (am man united) by 2020 they have managed to find a consortium to buy them, and gone from relegation favourites in 2014 ish to champions elect, with a few big signings. no financial issues, and no competetion, as Juve and more interestingly, Milan, have both plumeted down the leagues.

Milan for the last 3 years have finished 1 place above relegation to Serie B.

The only real contenders for INters crown is Napoli

with my inter game I won the league first season by a point over Napoli. Although winning the league was impressive for me I could not settle on a formation that I was comfortable with. I like defensive tactics and would prefer to win a game 1-0 than 3-1, much like Italian teams of yester year.

I normally go for a tactic with a back 3 and was very successful doing this with a past Juventus game, but this time I opted for the Brazilian Box 4-2-2-2 with changes to player roles. Very hard to break down and you get alot of low scoring wins and draws but you very rarely concede (and no more than 2 at most) or get beat . The down side is that it is a low scoring way to go but i think perfect for a team like club like Inter who cant afford the big name flair players but still have to maintain their powerful reputation. And talking about their reputation I cant remember being at a club, including Juventus, where so many top name players want to join you.

Im in my 3rd season (November) and I still have some of the original Inter squad in my 1st team. Heres my experience with them.

1.Handanovic is quality, sign him when you have the chance. I got him for keeps beginning of 3rd season. Never lets me down

2.Franceso Bardi. Good young backup gk and is italian so you should keep

3.Donati. The surprise of the team. Looking at his attributes they don't look nothing special for a rb but he is very reliable and does get better. Another Italian too.

4.Faraoni. Rotate with Donati. You have to buy the 50% from Udinese. Trained and am now using at rb (with wing bk role). Again another reliable player (never heard of him to be fair) and italian.

I keep mentioning the italian bit because I think its important to have a nucleus of the home nation players in the squad and plus it will help you come european time.

5.Buy Silvestre for the 6.5 agreed price. I use him in squad rotation and he's a very good player.

6.Train up Juan. Ive loaned him out for half seasons and trained him the rest along with some limited first team action (italian cup matches mainly) for the first 2 seasons. Now in the 3rd he is still considered back up but in seriously pushing for a 1st team spot. Very impressive from attacking set pieces.

7.Pereira. I decided to keep him although I could easily have got 10 to 12 m for him. He's a good lb (wing bk role) but does tire and if cant start 2 games a week.

8.Ranocchia. Cant speak highly enough of this guy. although he lacks major pace he still top quality for me and wins sooooo many one on ones. His av rating for me have been 7.80 and 7.78 second season. Another italian.

9.Buy Crisetig. Im using as a dlp (s) and with good training and tutoring im sure he's going to turn out amazing. You have to buy the 50% of him from Parma, 6m for me. And yes he's italian and a home grown player (trained at club 15-21 yrs).

10.Obi. although he's injury prone he is progressing nicely for me and turning into the bwm (s) I hoped he would be. Trained at club too (15-21 yrs).

11.Nagatomo. Like the legend Zanetti is just so versatile but I play him as my starting left back. Seems to run all day for me.

Javier Zanetti and Walter Samuel were brilliant for me and have both retired (was hoping Zanetti would just keep going and going but sadly not to be).

Since iv e been using the Brazilian box formation I have finished 2nd by a point to a resurgent Juventus, got beat 2-0 over two legs in the champs league semi final to the mighty Barcelona and won the italian cup. Whats most impressive was how low the goals conceded stat was which was my goal with this tactic. Handanovic conceded 23 in 56 games and kept 36 clean sheets. On the goal side I got 65 in the league, not that high I know but conceded only 11. Overall played 38 won 25 and drew 13 and lost none.

What im most proud of is that I have managed to be good on all fronts wile not having any superstar names in the squad. My second season strike force was an on loan Chamakh and a january bought and not played for half a season Napoli player Vargas.

Been tempted to sign a player that would fit perfectly into the team for around the 15m mark but I want to get the finances well and truly sorted out first. Currently have 59m in bank with the 365m debt still to pay off. What should help me in the future is that most of the young players iv e sold have transfer percentage clauses for me.

Hope this gives all you new Inter game starters a bit of help concerning which players to keep and maybe a way of how to approach the tactical side to managing Inter (thou i know alot of people like to see their teams score 3,4,5 game which this will not do, well hasn't for me anyway).

Well done to Tactic Master for starting this thread am looking forward to contributing to it.

Thanks for all the posts guys and I can see some valuable information in some of them which could help me finish this thread. I decided to complete my first season before I finished the thread, which is done now and i've started on the second post.

If anybody has any recommendations on signings for any positions in the first season, or even recommendations on who to sell, please don't hesitate to post. I didn't make any signings myself in the first season, so it will be very difficult for me to recommend any.

Faraoni develops pretty nice, he has been on my shortlist quite some time and now I am going to have him in my Roma save.

Faraoni has turned out to be a very good right back, with wing back role for me at Inter. Although you have to train him to the position he takes to it like a duck to water. I rotate him with Donati. Donati starts out on loan first season but comes back to club. Donati's stats dont look that impressive but dont let that fool you.

just finished my 3rd season and for the 2nd year on the bounce ive lost out to 1st place by a point and again to Juventus.

My league record for the season was played 38, won 25, drawn 11 and lost 2. I scored only 50 and conceded 11. Its not hard to see where I went wrong is it? My top goalscorer was Vargas (previously of Napoli) with 12 (18 overall). Over the last two seasons I have drawn 24 out of the 76 games and that it way to many draws for a team trying to win major honours.

So this season (4) ive switched up my tactics and have gone from the brazilian box 4-2-2-2 to a 3-1-4-2 (juventus formation minus my dmc). I still wanted to be defensive but at the same time try and get more bodies forward and from the wide areas, which I feel hindered me with the Brazilian box. Haven't played this formation before, I usually opt for wing backs over defensive wingers so I am a bit cagey about the season ahead.

Still not spending the cash around and am looking for bargains in the transfer list/loans. Did spend 7.5m on Valencia's Paco Alcacer and will be using him as a poacher. Anyone used this guy before? My one big name signing was 33 year old David Villa on a free transfer. Other players of note were Angelo Palombo on a free from Sampdoria and Junior Moraes from Metalurg. Altogether ive spent 10.5 m and received 24m. My overall bank balance stands at 66m and a debt of 357m. Note all transfers in paid up front.

Although I dont have any superstars (not sure a 33 year David Villa counts) my squad depth is very good and have at least 2 players competent for each position/role

Have about 10-12 youth players who will develop and should be pushing for first team very soon.

Alcacer was a total legend for me on FM12 at Valencia. Got him tutored by Soldado and he went on to be a god like poacher who later in life became like Villa and played more in midfield. He ended up with about 500 goals or something in all competitions for the club and 80 in 90 games for Spain, so if his PA is anything like it was last year he came become a goal machine.

rubbing news - am in my 3rd season with Roma and just poached couple of Inter stars for free :p

RomaBMTransfers2014_zpsc9249401.png

Faraoni is quality. He is one of my 2 defensive wingers and is preforming well. Where are you planning on using him? Plus he is a great squad player - never gets upset and is happy playing as a squad player.

Coutinho was a good player for me, mainly in a cm (a) position and has alot of potential but his injury proneness was just so irritating and could rely on him to be fit. Got rid for 20 million.

just a little update from me. Its christmas break of the 4th season and im top after 16 games. Ive won 11, drawn 5, lost 0, scored 29 and conceded only 4 and have a 7pt lead on Juventus.

In europe I won 6/6 champions league games (Sporting Lisbon, Valencia and Legia). For 19 and against only 3.

New signings:

D.Villa played 13, 9 goals, 3 assists and 7.29 av rating. I think will get better 2nd part of season as he's now settled in.

Alcacer played 18, 9 goals, 10 assists and 7.36 av rating. Very impressed and have high hopes for him next season.

Junior Morases played 10, 6 goals and 4 assists and 7.23 av rating.

The formation im using is a 3-1-4-2:

1.SK (d)

2.CD (d)

3.CD (d)

4.CD (d)

5.DMC as a DLP (d), also set as team playmaker

6.CM (s) (right), this cm has forward runs changed to often

7.CM (s)

8.DW (s) (right)

9.DW (s)

10.P (right)

11.DLF (s)

If anyones interested I can explain the tactic in greater detail.

The season is going very well for me and I hope to be the winner in all 3 competitions im in (league, champs league and italian cup). I always go serious for the Italian Cup as it is an easy competition to win and at the end of the day its a trophy and it might just keep you in the job.

No signings planned, but you never no. Felipe Anderson and Eduardo Vargas are both going in January for 7.5m each as they just couldn't break into my team and just not needed as I have promoted a couple of youngsters.

Current balance 71m and a 354m debt. I must be doing something right as the board gave me a transfer fund raise of 20m. Still cant get any feeder clubs, very frustrating as clubs reputation could be increased through this.

Alacer is someone who I have never heard of before, let alone bought on FM. Is he worth it? Yes! A good poacher already and will get better. 9 in 18 with 10 assists is a good start and I think the fact that im playing him upfront with another spaniard (Villa) has helped the understanding they seem to have. Ive noticed that he hits the ball very cleanly (technique 16) and 51% on target (16 from 31). The ones that have been off target have not missed by too much.

My approach to this Inter save was to sell the high earners and invest in youth. I have bought in over the 4 and half seasons a number of youngsters. These players are now starting to take shape and along with my own youth I have a large number that should be ready for the 1st team squad by end of the season. Will post some up when I get time. I really enjoy the training of this years FM and its rewarding to see all the effort you put into developing a 14 year old player into a potential world beater by the age of 20.

I must say the real stars performers of my Inter team have been my defenders. Every game they get high match rating, contributing through defending and being dangerous at set pieces.

Ranocchia 7.69 and 3 man of match

Juan 7.51 and one goal

Bocchetti 7.46 and one goal

Silvestre 7.38 and two goals

Handanovic 19 games, 7 conceded and 12 clean sheets

I advise you not to sell Handanovic, Ranocchia or Juan as they have been very good.

Alacer is someone who I have never heard of before, let alone bought on FM. Is he worth it? Yes! A good poacher already and will get better. 9 in 18 with 10 assists is a good start and I think the fact that im playing him upfront with another spaniard (Villa) has helped the understanding they seem to have. Ive noticed that he hits the ball very cleanly (technique 16) and 51% on target (16 from 31). The ones that have been off target have not missed by too much.

My approach to this Inter save was to sell the high earners and invest in youth. I have bought in over the 4 and half seasons a number of youngsters. These players are now starting to take shape and along with my own youth I have a large number that should be ready for the 1st team squad by end of the season. Will post some up when I get time. I really enjoy the training of this years FM and its rewarding to see all the effort you put into developing a 14 year old player into a potential world beater by the age of 20.

I must say the real stars performers of my Inter team have been my defenders. Every game they get high match rating, contributing through defending and being dangerous at set pieces.

Ranocchia 7.69 and 3 man of match

Juan 7.51 and one goal

Bocchetti 7.46 and one goal

Silvestre 7.38 and two goals

Handanovic 19 games, 7 conceded and 12 clean sheets

I advise you not to sell Handanovic, Ranocchia or Juan as they have been very good.

I didn't realise Juan was so good, i've been sending him out on loan since the start, but now I'm going to take your advice and use him once he comes back from his loan.

I've been using Modern Warfare tactic with a little modification.. Got runner up on the first season, and serie a champion on season 2.. THank God for LLorente, he single hand us the title with his amazing performance.. I got 27 mil pounds offer on beginning of season 3.. He went to Arsenal, and replace him with Rodrigo.. Now I am on season 3.. Havent get any take offer yet.. Really want to bring home Super Mario and Santon if a tycoon bought us..

Current Squad on Season 3

GK: Handanovic, Belec

DC: Bocchetti (free), Cardirola, Juan, Rannochia

DR: Zanetti, Belluschi, Donati

DL: Schmelzer

RLM: Coutinho, Nem, Florenzi, Perisic (loan)

MC: Poli, Rode, Cirigliano

FW: Belfodil, Destro, Rodrigo, Ademilson

• 2 weeks later...

Just taken over at Tycoon owned Inter at the start of the second season, and before I took over, things were not looking great. Finished 12th last season, made no major signings other than securing Llorente on free, but, a transfer budget of £160m was enough to convince me to take the reigns. As you can probably imagine, there's been quite a lot of change. I've sent Milito, Stankovic, Cambiasso, Juan, Obi, Mariga and Pereira on their way, and to replace them bought in the following:

Marc Andre Ter-Stegen - £21m

M Silvestre - £6.5m

Yann M'Vila - £22m

Guilherme Siqueira - £21.5m

Nathaniel Clyne - £6.5m

Gino Peruzzi - £3.5m

Giovani Dos Santos - £8m

Pierre Aubameyang - £19m

Granit Xhaka - £20.5m

Zdravko Kuzmanovic - £13.75m

Pedro Leon - Loan

Fede Vico - £4m

Pretty happy with that list of signings. Boosted the defence, got myself a younger replacement for Cambiasso, have 2 world-class strikers in Llorente and Aubameyang, boosted the centre of midfield with Xhaka and Kuzmanovic and we've now got Ter-Stegen between the sticks. Hopefully do quite a bit better than 12th!

My strongest XI:

-----------------------Ter-Stegen-------------------------

--Clyne----------Silvestre------Samuel-------Siqueira----

-------------------------M'Vila-----------------------------

------------------Sneijder-----Xhaka-----------------------

----Leon-----------------------------------------Vico--------

---------------------Llorente/Aubameyang------------------

Fingers crossed that'll be enough to make a solid title challenge. Would ideally like to win Serie A in my first season, but securing Champions League football would be enough!

• 2 weeks later...

I just started a save with the new update and am trying to decide on a formation.

I have set up a 5-3-2, 4-1-2-1-2, and 4-2-3-1.

The 5-3-2 is very defensive with two wing backs.

The 4-1-2-1-2 will probably be my standard formation as it fits the players nicely.

The 4-2-3-1 allows the use of wingers with Schellotto and Alvarez (when he returns from injury).

As I only received a small transfer budget I sold Rocchi and bought Cornelius as a young striker. Actually wanted Ademilson but it was not within the budget as they asked for too much.

So far I have played a couple of friendlies and 2 Euro League qualifying games. Not many goals and Milito has not scored yet. I play him as a poacher with Cassano as DLFs next to him. Anyone got any insights to get him scoring? Any tips on successful tactics?

I just started a save with the new update and am trying to decide on a formation.

I have set up a 5-3-2, 4-1-2-1-2, and 4-2-3-1.

The 5-3-2 is very defensive with two wing backs.

The 4-1-2-1-2 will probably be my standard formation as it fits the players nicely.

The 4-2-3-1 allows the use of wingers with Schellotto and Alvarez (when he returns from injury).

As I only received a small transfer budget I sold Rocchi and bought Cornelius as a young striker. Actually wanted Ademilson but it was not within the budget as they asked for too much.

So far I have played a couple of friendlies and 2 Euro League qualifying games. Not many goals and Milito has not scored yet. I play him as a poacher with Cassano as DLFs next to him. Anyone got any insights to get him scoring? Any tips on successful tactics?

When the new patch came out, I also started a new save. Now I am in the second season, ending my first season behind Juventus. I was strugling with all kind of tactics, went as low as 13th place. Then I choose 3-3-2-2 (3 cb, 2 WB-attack and 1 DLP-support, 2 AP-attack in the middle of the pitch and 2 CF-support upfront) and I started to climb up to second place.

Transfers 1st season:

IN: Raul Albiol on loan, Louis Saha on loan and Admir Mehmedi on loan.

OUT: Cambiasso, Stankovič, Chivu, Milito, Jonathan all went on free because nobody wanted to pay money for them. And I saved a lot in wages.

2nd season:

In: Handanovič 6.25M EUR, Campagnaro and Diego Fabbrini(I recommend him) free, Diego Laxalt 2.8M, Giuseppe Bellusci 5.5M, Abel Hernandez 5.75M, Mattia Destro 7.25M, Manolo Gabbiadini 7M.

Out: Nothing yet, thinking of selling Cassano or Palacio but they are tutoring my attackers so I dont know.

P.S. Try to give M'baye, Benassi, Obi, Bardi some playing time coz they all become very good players!

My Squad for 2013/2014:

http://postimage.org/image/g13zoqf6z/

When the new patch came out, I also started a new save. Now I am in the second season, ending my first season behind Juventus. I was strugling with all kind of tactics, went as low as 13th place. Then I choose 3-3-2-2 (3 cb, 2 WB-attack and 1 DLP-support, 2 AP-attack in the middle of the pitch and 2 CF-support upfront) and I started to climb up to second place.

Transfers 1st season:

IN: Raul Albiol on loan, Louis Saha on loan and Admir Mehmedi on loan.

OUT: Cambiasso, Stankovič, Chivu, Milito, Jonathan all went on free because nobody wanted to pay money for them. And I saved a lot in wages.

2nd season:

In: Handanovič 6.25M EUR, Campagnaro and Diego Fabbrini(I recommend him) free, Diego Laxalt 2.8M, Giuseppe Bellusci 5.5M, Abel Hernandez 5.75M, Mattia Destro 7.25M, Manolo Gabbiadini 7M.

Out: Nothing yet, thinking of selling Cassano or Palacio but they are tutoring my attackers so I dont know.

P.S. Try to give M'baye, Benassi, Obi, Bardi some playing time coz they all become very good players!

My Squad for 2013/2014:

http://postimage.org/image/g13zoqf6z/

How have Tassi and Kovacic developed? Especially Kovacic as he looks good enough to star straight away. Does finances improve second season?

Kovačič is in the first team for me but Tassi was always just in the U-20 because I do not want to loan him out where he would not get the best training possible. And also I am tutoring him. When he will be around 20 where his attributes will be higher, I will loan him to a serie A club where he will get some playing time.

Kova: http://postimage.org/image/pojhlqg9j/

Tassi: http://postimage.org/image/jp1zf27pr/

Oh and the finances do improve, 1st season the transfer budget was 3M EUR and now in the second season at the start I had 32M EUR.

Kovačič is in the first team for me but Tassi was always just in the U-20 because I do not want to loan him out where he would not get the best training possible. And also I am tutoring him. When he will be around 20 where his attributes will be higher, I will loan him to a serie A club where he will get some playing time.

Kova: http://postimage.org/image/pojhlqg9j/

Tassi: http://postimage.org/image/jp1zf27pr/

Oh and the finances do improve, 1st season the transfer budget was 3M EUR and now in the second season at the start I had 32M EUR.

Kovacic looks quality. Feel tempted to start a save but lack of money first season frustrates me LOL. You also have Livaja who is on loan or on a co-ownersip deal at Atalanta IIRC. Looks quite promising though. Is he in your plans?

No, I have checked Livaja and compared him with Longo. Longo is way better. In a CL match versus Ajax just scored a hat-trick. I will not even be trying to sign Livaja back. For the first season I was surprised in Rocchi as he was way better as I expected for him to be. You can use him as a Joker from the bench. Palacio is the best striker in the club and combined with Cassano you have your attack covered for the season. But now since I am in the second season the story is a little different. Palacio would still be usefull but Cassano is really not. But 3 strikers for the first season is really not enough if you play with 2 upfront thats why I loaned in Saha and Mehmedi(second best scorer in first season).

Thank you for the insights. Seems that 3 CD with wing backs seems to work well. I finished my friendlies and Milito started firing. First game against Pescara he scored two and almost a hattrick. We also reached the group stages of the Euro league. Next up is an away game against Napoli which will be the first real test for this team. I'm actually starting to feel very confident of the squad for this season and will aim for 2nd or 3rd if possible. I will use the season to scout some prospects as there are too many old players with high wages.

Milito, Cassano, Palacio, Zanetti, Samuel, ... They all do a great job bit for how long? I need younger players on lower wages who can deliver the same with potential of more. Strike force needs to be renewed ASAP with the midfield in need of a step by step replacement.

You forgot to mention Milito. How dare you LOL :D

Haha, well you can sure use him. Then you dont need to sign another striker on loan and you can have Palacio-Milito partnership. :)

Thank you for the insights. Seems that 3 CD with wing backs seems to work well. I finished my friendlies and Milito started firing. First game against Pescara he scored two and almost a hattrick. We also reached the group stages of the Euro league. Next up is an away game against Napoli which will be the first real test for this team. I'm actually starting to feel very confident of the squad for this season and will aim for 2nd or 3rd if possible. I will use the season to scout some prospects as there are too many old players with high wages.

Milito, Cassano, Palacio, Zanetti, Samuel, ... They all do a great job bit for how long? I need younger players on lower wages who can deliver the same with potential of more. Strike force needs to be renewed ASAP with the midfield in need of a step by step replacement.

I'm glad you got it running :) Based on my experience I would say that Milito, Cassano and Samuel can only play 1 season then they are not good enough. Zanetti could still be useful on the wing for second season but just as a backup because Schelotto really starts to play really good with WB-attack. You can definetly count on Longo, Benassi, Obi, Crisetig, M'Baye, Tassi, Olsen and Bardi. You do not need to buy a striker in first season as you can have enough strikeforce in Palacio, Milito, Cassano and Rocchi. Just 1 striker on loan to cover the bench. If you are playing a 3-man midfield then your first choice MUST be Kuzmanović, Kovačič and Guarin. Youngsters for these roles are Benassi, Tassi, Crisetig and Olsen.

I'm quite interested in an Inter save. The only thing that pisses me off is that they sold Coutinho(why???), and Crisetig is at Parma. But they have some promising youngsters in Tassi, Kovacic and Bardi, who would take over from Handanovic soon enough.

Coutinho was sold because there was not enough trust in him and the coach did not know how to use him so he was on the bench a lot. In my oppinion a very big mistake. Crisetig is on a co-ownership so Inter can still buy him back. Bardi I think will not become better than Handanović BUT he will be a second choice GK.

Archived