Croatia 1994-98 National Team 3-5-2 (5-3-2) #Won European League with Hajduk Split#

Dear FM fans, I don't upload my tactic's very often but this one I must share.

In last few FM series, tactics with 3 at the back, especialy with libero were disaster, but in FM13 they work perfectly.

My 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2 if you want) formation is based on Croatian national team formation from '90s

GK (defend) _767884_ladic150.jpg Dražen Ladić (classic keeper, the best you can get/Buffon,Casillas,Cech...)

SW (libero/attack) zvonimirsoldo.jpg Zvonimir Soldo (important position in this formation, good tackling, pace, heading, pass, cross, long shot and creativity is bonus/Busquets,Pique...)

DCL (defend) mladi_slaven.jpg Slaven Bilić (classic defender, good header, tackling etc./Terry, Puyol...)

DCR (defend) igor.stimac.appreciation.society Igor Štimac (same as DCL)

WBL (attack) n_real_madrid_la_historia-605651.jpg Robert Jarni (tackling, pace, cross/Lahm, Marcelo, Alex Sandro...)

WBR (attack) Mario_Stanic_380x48_956194a.jpg Mario Stanić (same as WBL/Maicon, Dani Alves...)

MCL (AP/attack) asanovic,%20aljosa%201998.jpg Aljoša Asanović (one of 3 playmakers it the middle, need good pass, creativity and some defensive attributes, teamwork, player for attack and defense/Moutinho, Modrić, Fellaini...)

MCR (DLP/defend) Zvonimir+Boban.jpg Zvonimir Boban (same as MCL/Xavi, Khedira....)

AMC (AP/support) robert-prosinecki-real-madrid.jpg Robert Prosinečki (player for 'final pass', dribbler, scorer, 'fantasista', 'no.10'/Ozil,Kaka,Iniesta,Ronaldinho,C.Ronaldo....)

SCL (AF/attack) suker-znam-da-real-zeli-luku-nadam-se-da-ce-ga-i-dovesti-504x335-20110206-20120203122536-67f2de193dd478a3d938f6c7c63bc6bb.jpg Davor Šuker (finishing, dribbling, pace, heading, pass...this is your main scorer/Messi, Van Persie, Ibrahimović....)

SCR (P/attack) 152cbff348cd1203a1728ee8a2136546-1258036763.jpg Alen Bokšić (same as SCL...this is your target man, he will score, he will assist, he is here to make a space for your main scorer SCL...pace is very important for this player/Rooney,Neymar,Hulk,C.Ronaldo,Ibrahimović...)

This is how formation looks like EVM4g.jpg

The results since I use this formation (red ones are with 1-2 first team players on the pitch, because of EL. klXAp.jpg

Surprising European League results ykcP5.jpg

I'm in season 2016/17., and my Hajduk Split is much stronger than real Hajduk, or that one on the begining of the game, I signed some nice brasilian regens, but still, my team is much weaker than Ajax, Napoli, Fener, Sporting and specially Dortmund, and in the final match against Ajax (with some great regens and Eriksen) i have played with 2 fast strikers at WBL and WBR positions because of injuries, so this is fantastic result.

Defence is strong, and in attack I always have 2-3 ccc, and I had some matches with 7-8ccc

Try it, I hope it will work for your team as well.

I give a lot of attention on team speak, and I don't change a much in formation during the match. I have used some shouts and changed mentality on contain in last few minutes of some EL matches, but that is all.

Also, moast of the goals that I have recived was after corners, so thet is something that can be fixed, like attacking corners, I haven't touch that.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tpoaqm <- tactic

I had some problems with uploading pictures directly from my PC to this forum, so I have update opening post now.

Here is 2 more pics with Barcelona with whole season holiday just to check is it work like plug and play...It's hard to not win everithing with Barca, but I think these are good results:

QK4iD.jpg

r3lI9.jpg

@bububaggins - Some pictures of the team are here, but players statistic don't mean much, I have use this formation only in 2nd part of season...my main striker (SCL) scored 33 goals in the league and had 16 asists so he was firat scorer and asistant, but I have played 4-4-2 and 4-2-4 in 1st part of the season.

Results with this tactic are 30 24 3 3 86:29 in all competitions.

@cooper74 - yes, last patch, pitch size is normal, I haven't see in this FM where you can change the pitch size, match prep. is something what I change few times in whole season, depends on who I'm playing against...

So, as I said, this is season 2016/17, my Hajduk is much stronger than defalt team, but in Croatian league you can't have players like in English, Spanish, Italian, German or French league....even like in Portugal or Holland, I have young talented team (18-22yo) and I have to sell my best players every 2 seasons because they want to play on higher level....

Can you post team instructions?

Also did you create it in Tactical Creator or did you use the default formation in the archived tactics?

HNK_Hajduk_s_d_d_Tactics_Team.jpg here you are

I have create tactic with tactical creator, but I have made lots of changes for every player after I closed creator.

Quite Interesting tactic, looking promising so far though still very early days in my Motherwell save. Currently 4 points clear with 7-1-1 record. Defo will give this the full season and then tweak it further to benefit the non skilled players at my disposal

These are my results in new season till now, I have won European Supercup against Barcelona with Messi, Neymar and some brutal regen up front....

HNK-Hajduk-s.d.d.--Fixtures-Schedule.jpg

This draw with Inter is because I was resting whole first team, and I have maybe 12-13 players on the same level, others are not so good.

This is my match against only real rival in Croatia:

Hajduk-v-Dinamo--Stats-Match-Stats.png

To be historicaly correct it must be said that this tactic was 5-3-2 not 3-5-2 . Boban was no.10 and he never played in deep position - he was fantasista Amc attack - trequartista. Prosinecki was always no. 8 in Croatia and in Crvena Zvezda - mc adv. playmaker support (tick hold up ball - this was specific for him ) , Asanovic was more physical type of player with defensive caracteristics - deep lying mc defend (tick through balls ).

Build-up was very slow , deep (stand off) , patient style of play with short passing and quick counter attacks. Boksic was complete forward - strong player or his substitute Vlaovic pure poacher.

To be historicaly correct it must be said that this tactic was 5-3-2 not 3-5-2 . Boban was no.10 and he never played in deep position - he was fantasista Amc attack - trequartista. Prosinecki was always no. 8 in Croatia and in Crvena Zvezda - mc adv. playmaker support (tick hold up ball - this was specific for him ) , Asanovic was more physical type of player with defensive caracteristics - deep lying mc defend (tick through balls ).

Build-up was very slow , deep (stand off) , patient style of play with short passing and quick counter attacks. Boksic was complete forward - strong player or his substitute Vlaovic pure poacher.

You are partly correct. Boban was fantasista in Dinamo and maybe 2 seasons in AC Milan, where he played under Capello at ML position or he was on the bench. AMC is his 'natural' position, but back days we had 3 world class 'AMC' players (Boban,Prosinečki and Asanović) and Blažević wanted to use them all at the same time. So it's hard to recreate exact tactic, cause they were in rotation whole game, but Boban played with more responsibility at the back, while Prosinečki had more freedom. If you are old enogh, what I doubt cause you obviusly don't know much about Asanović who were no10, fantasista in Hajduk, Montpellier, Napoli, Metz, PAO, Derby...everywhere where he played, but only in National team he played more defensive role...like Boban...

You can say 5-3-2, but back days we call that 3-5-2, and till early 2000s, every club in Croatia played like that, or 3-4-3 with flat middle. In Croatia National team, we had Jarni on the left side, and Jarni started his career like a winger/striker (WFL) in Hajduk split, with number 9 at his back, while on the right side we had Mario Stanić who was striker in Željezničar, Dinamo, Parma, Chelsea....and before him we had fast striker Nikola Jurčević on that position, so it's hard to tell that Croatia played 5-3-2.

At World Cup 1998. we didn't played with 3 creative players in the middle, or if we did, we played with only 1 striker (Šuker) and we had Jurčić or Soldo at DMC position....Blažević wasn't slave of formations, so it's hard to say we played exactly that or that....we had many solutions and variations. Sometimes Boban was in front, and we had DMC player like Jurčić, Soldo, or earlyer Mladenović, Vulić, sometimes Stanić was second striker...etc.

One more thing....Bokšić, my favorite player of that generation, was never something like complete forward. Complete forward have everything. Complete forward is Marco Van Basten, and Bokšić was very strong player with fantastic pace...he need a ball in front of him, and with ball in his feet and with his back towards the goal, he couldn't do much, and he didn't. He was way better in his clubs (Hajduk,Marseille,Lazio,Juventus etc.) than for national team, because we didn't play pacey football, we played slow tempo football like you said, with lots of ball possession and circlin around opponent box. Against stronger opponents we played more at counter attacks....

My tactic isn't exact copy of Croatia, specially cause of tempo, but with this tempo working better, so, I'm satisfied.

And this is one more reason why: [video=youtube;1RiURtIjESg]

I'm older than you (I suppose this 81 in nickname is your year of birth), but it's not important.

Boban never played deep in national team , just watch some video and his movement in defense. He rarely pressed - best description for this is trequartista. Asanovic never played no 10 in national team, sometimes deeper, sometimes central and was famous for his ball winning and then through balls from deep. Prosinecki had much freedom but never played behind the strikers, his position was mc but he run with ball oftenly.

It was called 5-3-2 in Europe back than and now , only our stupid journalists called it 3-5-2. It's very similar to Brazilian deep counter-atacking 5-3-2 formation which is derivate from brazilian 4-2-2-2.

For Boksic it is difficult to give him one of the FM roles, probably Target Man with - run with ball often.

Only 3 matches in so far, after switching to this from Hough's 3-5-2, 3 wins out of 3, 2 away from home. So, really impressed so far, especially the ratings the MC's get consistently 8 or more, which I always find hard to get.

This is with a Tamworth team in League 2, so seems to work for smaller clubs as well.

Well, managing Nottingham Forest, media prediction was 14.On the middle of the season i changed to your tactic, team was playing good i loved the tactic but conceding a lot.So i tweaked a little bit, results are unbelievable.

Before the tweaks.

gdz86.jpg

After the tweaks.

gdz9h.jpg

Finally, won the Championship.:lol:

Will leave feedback after the results in Premier League.

Changed to Control and dropped D-Line about 1/4.Cause my defenders are not so pacey, every team may need different tweaks according to your squad.It worked for me, I didn't try with another team.

I'll try. Won a league and cup double using this tactic but lots of 2-2 draws in games I should have destroyed the opposition

Well, managing Nottingham Forest, media prediction was 14.On the middle of the season i changed to your tactic, team was playing good i loved the tactic but conceding a lot.So i tweaked a little bit, results are unbelievable.

Before the tweaks.

gdz86.jpg

After the tweaks.

gdz9h.jpg

Finally, won the Championship.:lol:

Will leave feedback after the results in Premier League.

Could you put up a screen shot of what you done please?

chule81 you use shouts?

No.

In the begining I used shouts when I needed to close the game il last 10-15min, with stronger opponents, but whole last season I have used this tactic like plug'n'play.

In new seson I have sold 4-5 my first team players and bring more young talents, so I don't have strong team like in last season, so I can't finish the match with clean sheet, so I'm trying with deeper defence...I still haven't lost a match, I have beat Liverpool 3-1 in European Supercup, but I have lot's of draws....4 draws in 9 matches in Cro 1st div.

Do you play a CB at Libero position or he has to be a sweeper?

How much of a difference does it make if you make him a 3rd center back?

he is not a sweeper, he is libero with attacking mentality.

with 3rd CB it would be very diferent tactic, cause my libero is something like DMC when I have a ball, and when I don't he drop deeper or in front of 2CB-s trying to cut the oppositions ball.

Archived