Wingers are useless

I'm using Jarvis as an Inside Forward, and haven't actually got a decent right winger yet, rotating between Blair Turgott and Gary O'Neil (Winger on Attack).

I'm having more success from the left than I am the right, but success nonetheless.

cross from: byline

crossing: often

cross aim: mixed

wide play: normal

That's what I use, but I don't want my team to just cross it, I want my wing backs to hang on outside the box and if the ball isn't going anywhere due to their defence playing deep he then goes to the byline to provide a low cross across the box. No one's offside, there's a clear angle at goal, opposition suffer from panic/confusion and the keeper is mostly off their line. It's just more ideal than trying to get lucky and more times than not lose possession without even getting a shot (header).

Try varying where you play them - I played with a 4 man midfield for a while without much luck, then tried them as AMR/L without much firther joy but I'm now having a massive amount of success playing my wingers (on wingers, attack) right in the top corners either side of striker (as STRR and STRL) either side of a poacher in the middle. Goals are flying in from the front three now (Nathan Redmond on right, Shane Ferguson left and Cisse in middle and I'm actually hammering teams rather than sneaking odd wins.

I'm still not convinced the ME has anything to do with whats actually going on in the game.. and its basically an illusion.

Basically you could play any tactics and a random video is selected with the basic stuff like right formation and scoreline that you can watch while the game is on which is totally unrelated.

Thats the impression I get.

I think its best to ignore its existance as changing tactics to suit whats going on in the ME video will not do what you expect it to do..

This, mine won't cross or take their man on but the AI wingers are beasts.

Do you have them on attack duty?

I see if I have them on attack duty they shoot from all kinds of angles and "never" pass or cross to better placed players.

If I set them on support they won't shoot from great spots but rather run out to the cornerflag with the ball to cross.

Its like they have no common sense, but rather blindly follow the duty selected. and I have them on more creative freedom and more fluid.

I played with AMR and AML and my wingers were amazing on FM12, they scored at least half my goals if not more. The usual cross to the back post my my AMR, AML taps in, or the other way around.

I ended up signing Stikers that also loved playing AMR or AML and had good winger stats, they ran rampant, it was as if I had 4 strikers most matches without playing 4 up front!

Im using the default 4-4-2 witha few basic position mods e.g. left mid is now winger attacking. cms are now Box to box midfielders and Deep Lying Play maker.

My wingers create 75% of my goals. They score a fair few too.

Archived