FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, here are my best regens :D

Javier Perez, awesome BWM despite his low aggression!

x57Ii.png

Here is Kohoutek, his attacking stats aren't the greatest but he does get assists, and he's an awesome defensive fullback.

ATXjy.png

Here's Fielding, very effective Inside forward, only 21 and already better than Walcott :) Only thing he's missing is aggression, bravery, and longshots.

EEbnM.png

Mei Feng, I had originally planned on playing him as a BPD but his lack of pace was a major worry, he now plays as a DLP in the DMC slot and is fantastic :)

n9qL0.png

Finally, Piotr Butkiewicz, the man who'll replace Vermaelen in the heart of my defence in about 2 years time. Only 17, but already a fairly good centre-back :)

I1B0u.png

I have about 10 others out on loan, all 4.5 or 5 star potential, but only 3 of them will probably make it!

So, does anyone else have any regens to post? :)

flippin heck, your regens put mine to shame, I also can't get a look in on any regen defenders, clubs asking for way too much, which is fine for me as that makes the game a bit harder, so signed Danny Wilson as cover :)

Here is one of my regens, just knokced Man Utd out of the Capital One Cup in a 1-0 win with a nice volley :) City in the next round, hope he can do it again!

Valentino Albertini/St/Italian

1561AEC8873F056DCD990E82C8499E6DE2882C31

Drasko Ruzicic/Rb/German

1804D6437529D56C5E04F970E0466691BD5F7E89

Just beat Barca in my first round knockout 1st leg champions league match 2-0, 2 goals from Demba Ba, due to injury hes only managed to start 7 games, he got a hattrick on his debut, now up to 6 goals in those 7 games, finished the game with 9 men, after praising Nainggolan he goes and gets a 2nd yellow in the 80th min and i lost Kosh to an injury in the 82nd, was a nervy last 10mins for sure!, luckily Messi was out injured :D

Well finished the season 3rd , which is good but the team went into meltdown with 9 games left , lost 7 won 1 and draw 1 , complete disaster and fairly annoyed when I was top of the table before them results with a 6 point cushion.

I think it was the latest patch that has had a big effect on my tactics!!!

Just started first save, have brought in M'vila for 14m & Jetro Williams for 8.5m. Going to be playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, was considering keeping Chamakh as he looks a good back up option to Giroud? Was also wondering what settings people have for Giroud to get the best out of him?

Just beat City 4-2 in the cup, unfortunately I never realised it was the cup so played a full strength team, oops! :D Falcao double and a goal a piece from Bojan and Ox sealed the win

And I have drawn Chelsea in the next round! SO UNFAIR! :D

Getting myself a new regen, I like the look of this one :)

CBACF3D954C500B179329C6DFE79EF931D102D9C

@Bazzyb - there is a few suggestions regarding Giroud on this page in previous posts.

@Carmi - Number of times ive done that and then had them all tired for an important game right after lol.

Just beat Spurs 3-2 after extra time in carling cup final, Sandro sent off 26th min, Then my right back passes the ball back to the keeper only for the Right centerback to run across the balls path which i guess obstructs chez's view cause it goes through him and into the net for 1-0 spurs, Nainggolan made up for his previous red card and netted twice to make it 1-2 but Huddlestone equallised late in the game, Verminator finally won it for us in the 2nd half of extra time.

27 games played in the league im 2nd on 60 points, City have played 28 and are on 68 points, United 27 and 57 and both chelski and spurs on 50 points in 27

so guys how are you finding your tactics since latest patch? , did you need to tweak it?

Also what team formation and philosophy do you employ?

Im using 4-2-3-1 with control / balanced approach but its not working as great post patch.

cheers

Im using a 4-1-2-1-2 with wing backs, balanced and control but conceding way to many goals for my liking, going to change it at the end of the season

I was finding post patch that with control/balanced approach my team were getting caught a lot on the break seen as this philosophy uses a high line.

But pre-patch it was working great.

Going to try something different in season 2

32 games played, 7 points behind city, need them to get a few bad results and then beat them, its the draws that have done it, ive had 10 bleeding draws!.

Just got knocked out in the Champions league Quarters to Schalke on Pens, going to invest in a new goalkeeper for next season, Chez has the most clean sheets in the league but his performances have been poor.

FA Cup semi final up next against Birmingham, winner plays Brighton or Everton in the final.

4 games to go 4 points in it, just played Aston villa away hehe, and man! my players god damn ruthless!, we was 1-0 down at halftime, came back to be winning 1-2 in 2nd half then they have possession in the middle of their half, think it was warnock goes down with an injury, i thought play had stopped but Ayew just walks up to him takes the ball from him runs past taps it side ways to walcott who slots home to make it a secure 3-1 win, screw sportsmanship! :eek:

So it comes down to the final game.. both Arsenal and Man City sitting on 86points. Man city have a goal difference advantage so nothing but a loss for them against Norwich or a 20-0 win for me against liverpool at anfield will do, but before that i have the mighty Brighton in the FA Cup final.

Well i beat brighton so that got me a cup double for the first season, also won against liverpool in the final game but as Norwich are a big pile of ladies underwear lost out on the premier league on goal difference, onwards and upwards!

Walcott finished joint top goalscorer in the premier league with 27 goals, same as Adebayor, 35 in 48 overall.

Kosh was my best player over all, 7.8 rating over a 50 game period

Giroud provided the most assists for my team, 19.

This is my default tactic for most games.

ScreenShot2012-11-24at230832.png

ScreenShot2012-11-24at230843.png

If I'm home against a weak opposition it's an attacking mentality and I'll step it back to control or standard once we've scored 2/3. At home against stronger mid-table teams or away from home I'll reduce to control or even standard and step it up if need be. If i'm chasing a game from behind or where I feel a draw isn't good enough the final 10 minutes will be overload time.

In terms of custom player instruction; AMC and STL are set to swap positions, AF is set not to roam, the 2 CDs and Anchor man have their attacking mentality and creative freedom pegged back, Alaba is permitted to roam to devastating effect, and all players are told to rarely shoot from distance.

Against Man United, Man City and Sp*rs (they always seem to turn in a performance against us!) I go to wide 4-2-3-1 fluid and standard, with 1 Anchor man and 1 DM - support, Alaba gets pulled back to be in line with the other 3 defenders, the two CDs get set to LD and the STL gets dropped back to AML.

These are my results so far for the 2nd season:

ScreenShot2012-11-24at231000.png

And my player stats:

ScreenShot2012-11-24at231116.png

arsenal.jpg

Season 2

August Update(Matches & Transfers)

My Tactics

fmpic-4.jpg

Transfers

fmpic31-1.jpg

Games

CS 11/08/13 Wembley: Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal: Vidic 66, Rooney 88

Prem 17/08/13 The Circle Hull 2-4 Arsenal: Walcott 6 , Cazorla 13 , Cavani 14Astvald 16 , Arteta 84

Prem 24/08/13 Emirates Stadium: Arsenal 3-2 Southampton: Lambert 23 , 46 , Podolski 33 ,

Szczesny Pen 36 , Cavani 39

ESC: 30/08/13 Eden; Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham: Adebayor 11 :mad: Wilshere 21 :) , Walcott 120 :D

JUST LOST MERTERSACKER FOR 2-3 MONTHS :(:mad:

18 months after selling Gervinho to Man City for something around £20m, his transfer price has dropped to just £8.25m having played only 1 game in 1 and a half seasons. It may sound odd but I'm thinking of buying him back. Also in that deal was 50% of the next sale so am I right in thinking if I bought him for £8m I'd get £4m back, meaning he'd cost me just £4m? Tempting!

18 months after selling Gervinho to Man City for something around £20m, his transfer price has dropped to just £8.25m having played only 1 game in 1 and a half seasons. It may sound odd but I'm thinking of buying him back. Also in that deal was 50% of the next sale so am I right in thinking if I bought him for £8m I'd get £4m back, meaning he'd cost me just £4m? Tempting!
I'm not 100% sure but I think that the clause excludes the selling club(arsenal)

So I've been playing Abou Diaby in my AMCR position and he has been AMAZING. He has 8 goals in 7 appearances so far this season with an 8.0 average rating. So good that he is keeping Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla on the bench. Has anyone else had Diaby do very well in an attacking midfield position? I will post an update in my first couple of months coming up.

Any tactical experts care to help me? was considering a 4-2-3-1 but with 2 DM (Anchor man & and DLP) and then AML AMC AMR , so would be playing with no CM's..am I crazy?!?

not crazy at all - of course it depends on how you want to play etc - but the DM's and AM's will all still be involved in the midfield battle

Well I'll be playing with an Anchor Man or a DM alongside a DLP (Arteta/Ramsey) on support. A slow tempo short passing game. I found in my last game there was to much space between the midfield and defence even with the line pushed up, but now I'm worried if I try this new formation will the center of the park be to open? Maybe if the AMC was set to support?

4-2-3-1 with 2 DMs is what I use against the strongest of teams when I expect to spend more time pushed deeper into my own half. There's no real reason why it wouldn't work against stronger teams as well. It perhaps invites weaker teams onto you more but you should be able to close out that space with a higher line. Have an experiment with it and see how you get on after 10 games or so.

I hate agents on this game, i really really do :mad:

On reflection its not really the agents i hate, though they are annoying, its the fact AI allows every team in the game to be aware of how much money you have so the more you have the more they charge which sure is realistic but incredibly annoying.

So.. I forgot to re-sign Sagna and I am losing him to PSG at the end of season 2, which I am pretty pissed about but it's not the end of the world.

Can anyone recommend a good RB for at most £25-£30 million?

I am thinking about Danilo but he will cost me around £40 million which I feel is a bit to much.

So.. I forgot to re-sign Sagna and I am losing him to PSG at the end of season 2, which I am pretty pissed about but it's not the end of the world.

Can anyone recommend a good RB for at most £25-£30 million?

I am thinking about Danilo but he will cost me around £40 million which I feel is a bit to much.

Danilo is the one whos annoying me at this very moment :p he will come to you for 23mil but if your unlucky like me and he has a greedy agent he may want 130-160k a week.

Ive gone for Corchia aswell who cost me 12mil, but usually hes also around 23mil.

I have embarked on my first arsenal save in FM13.

By 10th March, I have won the league cup (beating Man City 2-1 in the final in a game were I played poorly but Giroud came off the bench to score twice), am top of the league, so far undefeated with 79 points after 29 games, 21 points ahead of second place Spurs (who have 3 games in hand on me), and a full 30 points behind a 5th place Man U whose season was disrupted by injuries to RVP and Carrick. Equally strangely Fulham are bottom with only 17 points. I am still in both other cups due to easy draws, and I have been remarkably fortunate with injuries. Only Podolski was out for any time, and that just moved Cazorla to AML (AP), with Wilshere slotting in in midfield.

Transfers:

My transfer policy was to avoid spending big fees, and to only spend significant money on players linked with the club in real life, at least for the first couple of seasons. Bargains & Bosmans!

Sales: 1st Transfer Window

Andre Santos - Benfica, 8.5m; Squill -Southampton, 1.3m; Chamakh - Newcastle (Loan - 130k p/m + wages); Arshavin - CSKA Moscow, 5m; And a few other reserve loans with option to recall (including watt & le coq) which have generated a tiny bit of cash.

2nd Transfer Window:

Anderson - Everton p/ex

Signings: 1st Transfer Window

First Team: Dzeko - Man City (Loan), 50% wages; Wellington Nem- Fluminese, 3.5m; Martin Olsson - Blackburn, 4.3m; Victor Wanyama - Celtic, 6.5m over 48 months; Anderson - Man U, 4.2m over 24 months; Ze Roberto - Germio, 375k; Craig Gordon, Alex, Reo-Coker (all Frees to offer cup options and tutoring)

Reserves: Tristan Berghuis - PSV, 500k; Raphael Guzzo - Benfica, Free; Muralha- Flamengo, 875k; Eric Dier - Sporting, 40k; Mattheus - Flamengo, 1.8m; Maximillian Meyer - Shalke, 875k; Mohammed Elyounassi - Sarpsborg, 20k; Ulrik Yttergard Jenssen - Tromso, 20k (his elder brother went to QPR!); Ryan Gauld - Dundee Utd, 500k; Tony Watt - Celtic, 2.3m over 48months; Diego De Giralomo- Sheff Utd, 130k, Adryan - Flamengo, 875k, Thomas Drage - Tromso, 1m; Sergi Samper- Barcelona 1m;

2nd Transfer Window:

First Team: Ronaldinho - Atletico Minero; Dzagoev - CSKA; Hleb - Bate; Gilberto Silva - Gremio; Torstein Andesen Aase - Staebek; Mikkel Diskerud - Rosenborg; Madson - Santos - All Bosmans, for either tutoring to cup fixture pile-up purposes. All want surprisingly low wages and signing fees, so all low risk

Marouane Fellaini - Everton, Anderson + 5m; Lazar Markovic - Partizan, 3.7m (and about 15 attempts at work permits before accepted!)

Reserves: Doria-Botafogo, 525k; Simon Tibbling - Djugarden, 400k; Ole Kristian Saelnes - Rosenborg; 500k; Sergi Gomez - Barcelon, 40k. My DoF also bought Kishna from ajax for me for 3.3m.

Also set up end of season transfers for: Butland - Birmingham, 4m over 48months; Tibor Cica - Cesena, 10k; Cornelius - Kopenhavn, 2.5m; Crisetig - Inter/Parma, 4m; Douglas Baggio - Flamengo, 275k

Future Bosmans:

Bocchetti - Rubin; Boudebouz - Sochaux; Ciricette - Roma; Colombi - Atalanta; Crecenzi - Roma; Cuadrado - Udinese; De Ceglie - Juventus; Destro - Genoa; Gadi - Marseilles; Holtby & Huntelaar - Shalke; Llotente - Athletic; Ospina - Nice; Paloschi - Milan; Pasa - Inter; Perin - Genoa; Rugani - Empoli; Rui Fonte (ex gooner) - Espanol; Sanogo - Auxerre; Tello - Barcelona (injured for most of the season); Vargas - Fiorentina; Weiss (HG) - Pescara; Yaisien - PSG; Mbiwa - Montpellier

All in all very pleasing business, allowing me to re-stock from within, and continue to supply finances from sales of fringe players in a more sensible variation of the current Arsenal model. My main thing is to ensure low wages until players have cemented themselves in my first team squad, allowing me to move them on. Obviously this is less with some of the higher profile bosman signings, but then any sale more than the signing fee is a profit, so its all good. Adding minimum release fees is a great way of keeping wages down, even if they are for amounts that you would happily sell a player for. There will be an issue of overcrowding, but the replacement players will all be better than the current fringe, so there will be a bit of a clear out. A few have been complaining about new challenges etc, so they will get their wish.

I am playing an asymmetric formation of

Giroud Walcott (IF)

Podolski (IF)

Arteta (DLP) Cazorla (AP) Fellaini (DLP)

Gibbs (WB) Verm (BDP) Mert (Cover) Sagna (FB)

Chesney (K)

So I got a transfer for Danilo agreed, it is as follows:

Transfer

£27,000,000 upfront only.

Contract

Wage: £93,000 (Up from £15,750 - Wages must be broken because that is ridiculous.)

Length: 4 Years

Loyalty & Agent Fee: £2.8 million each

Bonuses: Goal; £2,400 - Appearance; £9,750 - Team of the Year; £400,000

Is the above a worth it transfer? I will be in need of a RB so I think I will probably go for it.

Transfer

Contract

Wage: £93,000 (Up from £15,750 - Wages must be broken because that is ridiculous.)

Is the above a worth it transfer? I will be in need of a RB so I think I will probably go for it.

Imo, yes i would of done that deal as hes one of the best RB's in the game in regards to current and future potential.

For me FCP accepted 5mil up front, with 17mil over 48 months, but the agent had 17 in his agent fees catergory that coupled with the fact i have 102mil transfer budget, they wanted 140k a week minimum, with 15k in appears fee, 5mil in loyalty fee and 4.5mil in agent fee, so i said f-off :p

Oh and though Fellaini has been solid and unspectacular, on his debut he injured kagawa and Cleverly, each time starting a move that resulted in a goal, before scoring from a corner. That ended up a 5-1 win, so was very pleasing. I feel sorry for Diaby who he has ousted, who has played very well (including a hat-trick against chelsea in a 3-2 win playing at DLP (s), but the frenchman is prone to the odd shocker and picks up a lot of little knocks.

Other observations after my first 7 months:

Theo if used right is deadly from out wide, with 28 goals and 22 Assists in 32 games (though i did focus training on his finishing). My formation has him coming in late to meet deep crosses from the left for tap ins a fair bit.

Giroud shouldn't be under-estimated. 31 goals in 34 appearances in a formation that is built around him and theo.

Podolski as in real life is a mix of anonymous and deadly, with 9 goals and 10 assists in 17 starts.

Djourou makes mistakes, but when he gets a run of games performs very well.

Mertesacker is the best CB in the team.

Arteta is solid, dependable and unspectacular as in real life.

Ze Roberto is still very good cover for very little money

The younger players are still very inconsistent.

Abou Diaby has just scored a screamer to win my crucial 1st v 2nd game against Man City. Am now top (played a game more than some of my rivals) but 7 points clear. 11 minutes left my 11th corner of the game was swung in, Kompany heads it clear, and Diaby volleys it straight back at goal from 25 yards out back over Hart's head.

Transfer

Contract

Danilo's wages are definitely ridiculous, he wanted 160,000 per week when I tried to sign him, I obviously turned him down :(

Anyone know how to increase a players natural fitness or is it pretty much concreted at whatever the game puts it at?

Fitness training (as team training) will help bring it up, some of my younger regen's natural fitness has gone up a bit :)

Theo if used right is deadly from out wide, with 28 goals and 22 Assists in 32 games (though i did focus training on his finishing). My formation has him coming in late to meet deep crosses from the left for tap ins a fair bit.

Giroud shouldn't be under-estimated. 31 goals in 34 appearances in a formation that is built around him and theo.

Agreed, Theo and Giroud are awesome :) The only thing I don't like about Theo is his 15 determination...

I'm up to January in my 2nd season and made the leap to sign Neymar for £50m and £140k p/w. I'm playing him on the left, switching with the AMC and his movement in his first game where I brought him on as a half-time sub was devastating and set up 2 goals. If he continues in that fashion he's going to be a revelation to the team! It probably signals to Cavani that he's headed for the door at the end of the season, having never hit his stride with us. Giroud has been doing so well up front anyway that there is really no need for such a good player to be warming the bench when I could be developing my own youth prospects at much lower cost. I do wonder how much I can sell him for when the summer transfer window opens.

Finished my 1st season with Arsenal.

3rd in PL after only losing 2 games. Spuds 2nd and City Winners. City were a joke. Adebayor was top goalscorer. Very realistic. Not.

Lost CL semi on pens after getting Wilshere sent off in 1st minute and getting 4 injuries.

Lost FA Cup semi to Spuds who I couldn't beat all season.

Lost 4th round of COC to Fulham away with reserve team.

I drew far too many games at home to poor teams, even though I destroyed them stats wise.

Roll on season 2.

Archived