Ri916's FM 12 European Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 12/13 - Real

It's taken me ages to finish a season, have had a busy past couple of days but done now and here's the update.League Table - Average season. We were predicted to fight for survival and it came down to the last few games before we managed to survive.

Squad - No-one really stood out, with Gomes being the only one to score double digits. BUT, the Youth Players were outstanding when they came in and I'm expecting very, very big things of them.

Youth Intake - Great intake and two players got the YP tags.

Virgilio Goncalves YP01 - His coach report says he is going to be MASSIVE!

Joao Fernandes YP02 - Going to be just as big.. Here's his report.

Finances - Struggling, going to try some money-spinning friendlies and tournaments to get it back in the black.

Transfers - Clean.

RFC_de_Lige.png

Full name Royal Football Club de Liège

Nickname(s) Les Sang et Marine

(The Blood and Marine)

Founded 1892

Ground Stade du Pairay,

Seraing

(Capacity: 6,744)

Chairman Jean-Paul Lacomble

Royal Football Club de Liège (RFC Liège) is a Belgian football club from the city of Liège. It currently plays in the Belgian Promotion D. Its matricule is 4, meaning that it was the fourth club to register with the country's national federation, and the club was the first Belgian champion in history (5 Championships & 1 Cup). The club is also known today for being 'homeless' and for its refusal to release Jean-Marc Bosman after his contract ran out in 1990, which in turn led to the Bosman ruling, a European Court of Justice decision that caused major changes to the structure of European football. The 'philosophy' of the club is based on integration of local young players and on popular and faithful support.

History

It was founded in 1892 as "Liège Football Club" and became a member of the Belgian Football Association as "Football Club Liégeois" when it was founded in 1895. The club is the first Belgian Champion (1896) and is still the only club that has played all seasons at a national level (106 seasons in 2008-09). In 1920 the prefix Royal was added to the name of the club that already had won 3 championships (1896, 1898, 1899). In 1952 and 1953, the RFC Liège won two more championships, being at that time the only team which was able to contest the undisputed domination of Anderlecht. In 1964 Football Club Liégeois reached the Fairs Cup 1/2 finals, losing in 3 games against the winner of the Cup, Real Zaragoza. Between 1965 and 1985, there were poor results, and the club survived with the help of its own tradition: young players coming from inside the club, and faithful supporters.

At the end of the 1980s, the RFC Liège played in European competitions (notably against Benfica, Juventus, Rapid Vienna, Hibernian, Werder Bremen and Athletic Bilbao) and also won a Belgian Cup in 1990. Unfortunately, after that, bankruptcy was inevitable, and the stadium was sold and destroyed to build a movie theatre. The team joined with R.F.C. Tilleur-Saint-Nicolas, (a team from the suburb of Liège) in 1995, to become R. Tilleur F.C. de Liège.

The club went down from the first division (which it hadn't left since 1945) to the third division. The word Tilleur was finally excluded from the team name in 2000, coming back to "RFC de Liège". Since 1995, the club is moving between the second and fourth divisions, with two titles of 3rd division Champions in 1996 and 2008. In 2008-09 the club plays in the Belgian Second Division, but after just 2 seasons the club had to afford back to back relegations : they eventually dropped to the Belgian Fourth Division in April 2011.

Stadium

StadeduPairay.jpg

Not having its own stadium after Stade Vélodrome de Rocourt (Liège) was destroyed is the biggest problem for the RFC Liège, also well known as 'homeless'. After having played during 4 years at rue Gilles Magnée, in Ans where a temporary stand was built, the RFC Liège is actually playing in Seraing (Pairay Stadium).

Trivia

RFC Liège other "names" are: Liège, RFC Liège, RTFCL, Football Club Liégeois, Club Luik (in Dutch), FC Liegi (Italian), FC Lieja (Spanish) and FC Lüttich (German).

First Belgian champion, RFC Liège is still the 8th team in all time Belgian ranking (results) and 5th in terms of victories in Championship (5 titles), behind Anderlecht (29), FC Bruges (13), Union St Gilloise (11) and Standard (10).

(7th including two clubs that no longer exist, Beerschot (7) and Racing de Bruxelles (6))

RFC Liege was founded in 1892 by the members of Liège Cyclist's Union, who organised a few months later the now classic Liège–Bastogne–Liège with the Pesant Club Liégeois.

Jean Loos is the only Walloon coach to be a two-time Belgian champion (1952 and 1953 with RFC Liège).

the club played 67 seasons in 1st Division 1, 50 of which were consecutive (1950–1995) for a total of 106 seasons at a national level (1892–2009, Belgian record).

Honours

Belgian First Division:

Winners (5): 1895-96, 1897–98, 1898–99, 1951–52, 1952–53

Runners-up (3): 1896-97, 1958–59, 1960–61

Belgian Cup:

Winners (1): 1989-90

Runners-up (1): 1986-87

Belgian Second Division:

Winners (3): 1911-12, 1922–23, 1943–44

Belgian Third Division:

Winners (3): 1942-43, 1995–96, 2007–08

So i opted for Belgium and thought RFC Liege would be a perfect choice for this challenge since "The 'philosophy' of the club is based on integration of local young players"

Brettney Joven

RFC Liege|Facilities

Squad|Team Report

'The Great' Eric Deflandre|Profile|Staff Role

YP0 - Adrien Trubia Report

Dudge - great job on avoiding relegation, just keep pestering the board and I'm sure you'll get better youth prospects in no time. TWFL - congrats as well, and those two youth prospects look immense, here's hoping they come good. Finally, great post to start your save brettney1980, best of luck with Liege!

don't think anyone's gone for Netherlands, Italy or, surprisingly, Scotland yet. One of those perhaps?

I think I'll go with the Netherlands, have already taken Clyde from the bottom tier of Scotland to the champions league, don't fancy doing that again any time soon!!

Expect an update or two from me later, hopefully I get a decent team.

WK_Emmen.png

So, in the Netherlands new manager J PR has taken charge of Jupiler League newcomers WKE.

They are predicted to finish dead bottom of the league and despite having a decent enough squad, they have no U19 squad, only grey players.

First team

Worryingly our only right back is the half star CA & PA player at the bottom!

I hope we survive and can work on facility upgrades as quickly as possible.

Sacked :( Absolutely shocking start to the season tbf, was just waiting on it coming. Think I'm going to take a break from FM, I haven't been able to get anything going in this version really, but will hopefully be back for this challenge in FM13 :thup:

Worryingly our only right back is the half star CA & PA player at the bottom!

Shame your Left Back is so good as well as it kinda means you have to play the RB. Best of luck in Holland though, will be interesting to see what your regens are like.

Sacked :( Absolutely shocking start to the season tbf, was just waiting on it coming. Think I'm going to take a break from FM, I haven't been able to get anything going in this version really, but will hopefully be back for this challenge in FM13 :thup:

Gutting for you dudge, hope you carry on though - don't give up! Maybe turn to a different country for success?

RB_Leipzig_30.gif

RB Leipzig - Season 2014/15 - 2. Liga

Wasn't really sure how we would do in this league, as although we'd dominated the previous season, our record against higher tier clubs in the Cup hasn't been great (we've never got past the first round... probably why I haven't mentioned it!). The first game away at Gladbach showed just how tough it would be, with my little YPs lining up against former and current internationals such as Mike Hanke, Havard Nordtveit and Marc-André ter Stegen. Here, the resilience of our team really showed, as we ground out a great 2-1 win thanks to goals from stalwarts Frahn and Rockenbach. To be honest, our opening fixtures were quite easy, and bar a cagey 2-2 draw at home to Bochum, we continued our long unbeaten run until just before Christmas, building up a 7-point lead at the top of the table in the process. We also won not one, but two cup matches, beating Fürth and then Freiburg.

However, as always, it was too good to be true. An unfortunate 4-2 loss at home to Aue (they had 4 shots, 1 clear cut...) started an awful run in which we lost 3 and drew 3 of our next six games, cutting our lead down to just goal difference. We also went out of the Cup 3-1 away to Nürnberg. This run was characterised by some shocking defensive errors, and really poor finishing, especially from Frahn, who was going off the boil after a great start to the season. We finally stopped the rot with a narrow 2-1 victory over Dresden, before putting 3 past 1860 München at home. By now, it was a three-way race for the title between us, Gladbach and Bochum, both of whom were playing like a 1990s Arsenal side. 4 wins in our next 5 games, including a 5-1 rout of promotion chasers Karlsruhe, left us needing just one win from our last two games to clinch the title. Obviously we capitulated 3-0 away to bogey team Aue with an abysmal performance, leaving us needing to beat 4th placed Heidenheim, or better Gladbach's result away to Bochum. Gladbach won 1-0, typically, courtesy of a Hanke penalty, but we saw off Heidenheim 3-0 with a mixture of the old and the new (goals from Rockenbach, Atangana (YP01) and Hohenender) to clinch the title!

Final Position: Champions - League Table

Squad - including u19s

Current Youth Prospects

YP01 - Atangana - Again, didn't play that much due to Frahn being outstanding up front. Scored a few key goals towards the end of the season though and is now touted as the next Jürgen Klinsmann. As a pace merchant originally from Cameroon, it's kinda hard to see why...

YP02 - Barahouei - Once again was forced into service as a left back for much of the season due to Kocin's incessant injuries, but looked good when he played further forward, with some excellent assists. Still moans about training on a weekly basis (doesn't like learning to tackle), but at least he's improving!

YP03 - Kuhn - Really struggled with injuries (he was out for a total of 7 months), and whilst he's not dead and buried yet, he's fallen a long way behind Husic in the pecking order.

YP04 - Husic - Has been a first team regular and continues to improve dramatically. Is also touted as the next Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck (couldn't they have picked someone better?). Still my favourite out of the youth prospects so far, I really hope he goes far.

YP05 - Schulz - Outstanding again. The only frustration this season, with him and Husic, is that for some reason international U19/21 games clashed with our fixtures leaving us without two of our best players. Still, we look much better with him, and he continues to improve.

YP06 - Corluka - Didn't really feature, but tutoring from Frahn (twice) and Kammlott seems to have helped his stats. Apparently has the best potential at the club, but those technical stats are still average at best.

Youth Intake

Much better this year, with 3 new players gaining the YP tag, as well as an additional tag for someone I missed earlier. The only frustration is that I keep getting given DMs, it would be lovely to have a full back, AMC or a winger, but no, we have about 5 potentially class defensive mids. Grrr.

YP07 - Gebhardt - DM #3. Might retrain him to be a right back, he's certainly quick enough, although I'm unconvinced by the mental stats. 4.5* potential should mean I can do something with him though :)

YP08 - Kontovalos - Good potential, great name, rubbish stats. Will work on pace, finishing, passing and strength in that order. I imagine he'll be a back-up at best, but we'll see what tutoring brings.

YP09 - Keller - Really pleased with this guy and could well be Schulz's future partner. Clearly far more of a CB than a DM but we'll call him #4 for the sake of moaning :D. Stats are very well spread for someone so young (14!), and I like him more every time I look. Worth a crap intake on his own.

YP10 - Kunter - DM #5. The guy I initially missed. Will be retrained to a CM, hopefully a box-to-box player in the end. Obviously the physicals and finishing need work, but the base stats are pretty useful for a start. Improving pretty rapidly as well.

Finally, still no cheating: Transfers

Top 5 moments of the season

Number 5 - Niclas Hoheneder becoming our first full international, representing Austria twice this season.

Number 4 - Awards: Fußballtrainer des Jahres (Müller), Torschutzkönig (Frahn - 28 goals) and three players (Frahn, Rockenbach and Hoheneder) in Elf des Jahres.

Number 3 - Opening day win away to Gladbach, setting us up for a memorable season, and look how crucial it proved come the end!

Number 2 - The excellent unbeaten run extending across 3 seasons and 54 games.

Number 1 - Lifting the championship on the final day of the season, started with a goal from Atangana, our YP01.

Thoughts for next season

The Bundesliga will be really tough, no doubt about it, and I'll be happy to just survive. The youth coming through is promising so I think it'll all just depend on how long the very ambitious owner decides to give me. Our slump in the middle of the season showed that we aren't perfect yet, and if we don't start well it could be a tricky season. The older guard are also nearing their end now and the lack of a decent right back is still a bit of a concern. Fingers crossed!

wow. Starting with only 11 players who weren't greyed out really is a treat, having the same old problem of conceding at least a goal a game from set pieces as well. :(

survival will be a miracle!

at least we have 'good' junior coaching now! Hopefully I can last till youth intake day and they can save our season?

RFC_de_Lige.png

(The Blood and Marine)

Founded 1892

Ground Stade du Pairay,

Seraing

Season 2012/13 - Belgian Third Division A

We were predicted to finish 2nd and didn't really dissapoint with a solid season (if a somewhat slower start) we ended up winning the League and with 2 games to go as well. I of course opted to play mostly youngsters straight out of the Youth Squad in our last 2 games in which we lost both 3-2.

We were a little unlucky in the Belgian Cup with the board and fans hoping we'd get further than our 5th round knockout, we did go out to a team from the second division though so not all bad.

Table - Championship Playoff.

Belgian Cup

Confidence - Finances

Squad Stats

We'll be losing two player to retirement for next season ...

Papy Kimoto + Kevin Van Geem

RFC Liege Records;

Youngest Scorer

Youngest Player - YP Two - YP Three

Unbeaten Record

Player of the Season: Stephane Callegari

Youth Candidates;

The 2013 Intake

Ianis Engel Profile|Report

YP0 Adrien Trubia Profile|Report

And finally ...

Brettney gets a new Contract + We turn pro!

Thanks guys, a 6-0 thrashing by Dortmund in the second game shows how tough this is going to be, doesn't help that my only decent striker has decided to stop scoring. Congrats on a great seasonin Belgium brettney1980, and Trubia looks like a good prospect. What are your hopes for the Second League?

Thanks guys, a 6-0 thrashing by Dortmund in the second game shows how tough this is going to be, doesn't help that my only decent striker has decided to stop scoring. Congrats on a great seasonin Belgium brettney1980, and Trubia looks like a good prospect. What are your hopes for the Second League?

Media predicts 8th, i'v always suffered abit of second season syndrome on FM so i'll say anything from 12th - Midtable will be fine. Hopefully going pro will help us get some funds in to improve our Youth academy etc. Board wouldn't even allow Junior Coaching improvements last season.

First off, sorry about the double-post, for some reason it won't let me post the bottom bit along with the main post.

RB_Leipzig_30.gif

RB Leipzig - Season 2015/16 - Bundesliga

If it wasn’t already clear from looking at other squads in the league (There are 11 players valued at over £20m… 7 of which play for Bayern), our first 3 fixtures (2-2 away at Köln, 0-3 home to Schalke, 0-6 away to Dortmund) left us in no doubt as to how tough this would be. Thankfully the fixture list was quite kind to us, as wins against Nürnberg (1-0 h), Freiburg (2-1 a), Düsseldorf (4-1 h) and a 4-1 home thumping of rivals Gladbach put us in a decent position after the first ten games. In the midst of all of this, we made fairly quiet progress to the Quarter Final of the DFB-Pokal, eliminating Reinickendorf, bogey team Aue and Stuttgart on the way to a 3-1 loss away to Bayern.

For the most part, we played ok in the first half of the season, but the worrying trait was that when we lost, we tended to get dominated. This was evident in our now typical post-Winter Break slump, where we lost 6 of our 8 games (admittedly including fixtures against Bayern, Schalke and Dortmund), dragging us back into the relegation battle, and prompting a change in tactics. Thankfully, we did recover, securing 5 priceless wins in the last 9 games (all by one goal…) to finish a creditable 11th in the league.

Final Position: 11th - League Table (positions)

First Team Squad

U19 Squad

Current Youth Prospects

YP01 - Atangana - Has improved a little but is probably reaching his potential, in spite of what the Assistant seems to think. Is often more effective than Frahn due to his pace, but will most likely remain a back-up in the future. Does score some vital goals though.

YP02 - Barahouei - 5 goals and 7 assists is a decent amount from him, but still tends to go AWOL if he doesn’t fancy it. But, until I actually get a good left winger through, he will be first team material for the foreseeable future.

YP03 - Kuhn - Whilst his stats aren’t bad, there are now much better prospects in his position (Husic and Kunter) and I may try to retrain him as a right back, although I prefer Gebhardt here. Probably the first one who’s not going to make it :(

YP04 - Husic - Played the deep-lying playmaker role in the new formation and has come so far since he first came into the side. Still has a bit of development left in him and still my favourite. A (very) poor man’s Xabi Alonso :)

YP05 - Schulz - The pinnacle of our youth system so far. Has developed really well into an uncompromising centre-back. My only regret is that I didn’t tutor him earlier to get his determination up, but he will be part of the spine of our team for years to come.

YP06 - Corluka - Developing nicely and I expect him to start to feature more next season. Scored a goal in the 4-1 thrashing of rivals Gladbach. A few rough edges (passing, jumping) still remain, but plenty of time to sort those.

YP07 - Gebhardt - Being retrained as a right-back now and finished the season starting in that position. His pace has improved pretty dramatically, just needs a bit of tutoring to sort the mentals out. Will probably be our starting RB next season.

YP08 - Kontovalos - Is fourth in the striking pecking order and that doesn’t look like changing any time soon. In reality, probably won’t make it.

YP09 - Keller - Haven’t done much with him yet due to our defence being rubbish enough without blooding young players, but he’s had a good season for the U19s. Expect to see him featuring more next season as Hoheneder gets phased out.

YP10 - Kunter - Continues to improve well, and will feature more next season as Bastian Schulz (our tutor extraordinaire) has been pretty average on the pitch this year. Would love to improve his finishing/long shots but looks a very nice prospect.

Youth Intake

I got one of my wishes as we finally got a new AMC through - this was an interesting intake: 2 great-looking players and the rest were pretty rubbish. Still…

YP11 - Hampf - A decent-looking striker who probably spells the end for Kontovalos’ first team hopes. Strength and passing aren’t great, but nothing that can’t be fixed. Can’t complain about the 4.5* potential either.

YP12 - Scholze - Might not be perfect, but it’s great to finally get an AMC through. The other great bonus is that he’s two-footed :D! Will train him pretty heavily this season as he’ll probably have to feature the year after that as Rockenbach goes past 31.

2 players out, 0 players in: Transfers

Top 5 moments of the season

Number 5 - Schulz (YP05) breaking the £5m valuation mark.

Number 4 - Daniel Frahn finishing a 10 hour barren streak with a first half hat-trick against Gladbach.

Number 3 - A great goal from Kunter (YP10) on his debut putting us 2-1 up against Stuttgart in the DFB-Pokal 3rd Round (we went on to win on penalties.

Number 2 - Surviving with 4 matches still to play!

Number 1 - Improved Youth and Training Facilities!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts for next season

Well, this season was tough, and I imagine next will be just as tricky. I expect another season of consolidation as the young players get used to first team life. Hopefully by the end of next season we’ll have a few more Schulzes and Husics and we’ll be able to move gradually up the league. I’d also like not to lose by more than 4 goals, please :)

Hey guys, currently playing a small to big game with USL Dunkerque and am in the EURO Cup. But I need an occasional change of pace save, so can anyone recommend a country? Has Italy been tried yet? I would like to try a country nobody has gone in yet.

Hey guys, currently playing a small to big game with USL Dunkerque and am in the EURO Cup. But I need an occasional change of pace save, so can anyone recommend a country? Has Italy been tried yet? I would like to try a country nobody has gone in yet.

I'm certain no one is doing scotland, apart from that France or Spain might have not been done yet, but I'm pretty sure one of them has.

RFC_de_Lige.png

(The Blood and Marine)

Founded 1892

Ground Stade du Pairay,

Seraing

Season 2013/14 - Belgian Second Division

Predicted 8th, i would of taken a mid table finish at the start of the season. So to finish where we did was a huge surprise. 3rd!! Until just before the mid season break we hung around just outside the top 4 and i thought we would just miss out on the playoffs. We snatched the last playoff spot thanks to Champions Charleroi winning the third period and so we got in on our overall season finish. We started the playoffs well with a great 4-0 win and drawing our last two games 0-0 playing ultra defensive with just the 2 points needed. The draw against STVV (from the 1st Division) was a pleasant surprise. We probably overperformed though and next year will be tough.

League Table|Graph|Playoffs

Confidence|Finances

Belgian Cup - We made the 6th round this year going 1 round further than last season.

Look no Transfers ......

Squad Stats

Eric Deflandre has now retired from playing at 40 years old and will concentrate on being our Ass Man (he managed 12 starts last year and he could of probably still managed an handful in the top tier).

Youth Candidates;

Joren Capouet YP2a Profile|Report

Maxime Renaud YP2b Profile|Report

Ianis Engel YP1 Attributes|Report

Adrien Trubia YP0 Attributes|Report

Finally managed to beg/persuade the board for an upgrade ... Junior Coaching up to Adequate! And at the end of the season the board promised Under Soil Heating!!!

... And look at this ... We score some awesome goals!

Belgian Clubs Reputation List!

Player of the Season!

jurasud.png

Jura Sud Football

Founded 1991

Ground: Stade Municipal (Capacity 2100)

Manager: Stephen Atkinson

Background: Founded in 1991, Jura Sud Football are a semi-professional French club currently playing in the French National. They were promoted from CFA B having finished 7th in the 2011/2012 season.

The club play their home games at Stade Municipal, possess fairly basic training facilities but lack youth facilities. The club also has average junior coaching and a fairly basic youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as Le JSF.

With no real competition history of note, Le JSF are a club with a trophy cabinet waiting to be filled.

Expectations for 2012/2013: Avoid relegation

Media Prediction: 20th

Toon do you just work your way round every challenge in CSE? :D. Good luck with Queens Park, I think that challenge might be a stretch to far even for you. Not sure if they can become professional or not though?

Toon do you just work your way round every challenge in CSE? :D. Good luck with Queens Park, I think that challenge might be a stretch to far even for you. Not sure if they can become professional or not though?
yeah pretty much ones that look at challenge i like :lol: erm iv got them up to semi professional so maybe i can get them to the stage in a couple of years i hope

Good going Toonbalmy, didn't realise the facilities were so good at Queens Park. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict promotion next season as well, looking at your coaches comparisons it looks do-able.
im not sure i want to go up straight away maybe build a squad good enough for D1 then fire myself up there and go for the SPL

RB_Leipzig_30.gif

RB Leipzig - Season 2016/17 - Bundesliga

Another stop-start season really, we didn't really perform well at all in the first half of the season. Most of the players who took us up are now past their peak, whilst a lot of the youngsters still aren't quite there yet. Case in point was our keeper - Borel is now 38 and declining rapidly, whilst our next best, Halfar, wasn't even good enough to get a YP tag in the second season (when only Corluka did). I also struggled with the formation for much of it. Having spent a good 5 games in the middle of the season trying to sort out settings for Barahouei and Lewerenz as wingers, we dropped as low as 16th in the table. As a result, I ditched wingers altogether, moving to a 4-4-2 diamond, and results really improved. Highlights of this run were victories away to Köln (then 2nd) and Kaiserslautern (also then 2nd). There were still some poor losses to the big teams where we were simply outclassed. In the end, 11th was probably fair, and we improved on last season, admittedly by just 1 point and 14 goals though...

Final Position: 11th - League Table

First Team Squad

U19 Squad

Current Youth Prospects

N.B. Following disappointing seasons, I've removed the YP tags from Kuhn (03) and Kontovalos (08) - realistically neither is going to make it at top level and they are both way down the pecking order.

YP01 - Atangana - Another bit-part season and has probably reached his potential (in spite of the Assistant's thoughts to the contrary)

YP02 - Barahouei - The move to the diamond formation didn't really help him, as now his only option is left back. Also looks to be at his peak.

YP04 - Husic - Still improving, still awesome and only got better in the new system.

YP05 - Schulz - Awesome.

YP06 - Corluka - Had a great season leading the line and did well in tandem with Frahn towards the end of the season.

YP07 - Gebhardt - Had a good first season as starting RB, although his lack of concentration did occasionally let him down.

YP09 - Keller - Started for a period during the first half of the season, but wasn’t quite ready, and will probably start next season. Again, mentals need work.

YP10 - Kunter - Some great progression from him this year and only his shooting needs to improve before his stats are spread as I’d like. Started the second half of the season at CM and played ok, although could improve further.

YP11 - Hampf - Has spent the year in the U19s and I had no idea how well he had progressed until seeing this shot. A bit more tutoring and he’ll be in a great place to partner Corluka.

YP12 - Scholze - Has developed fairly well but had farther to come than Hampf. Needs a good tutor and another year in the U19s at least.

Youth Intake

The positions we really needed to strengthen were our flanks (either wingers or full-backs, both were needed), and a new keeper would have been lovely as Borel is now 38 and showing his age with his current replacement looking little better. The change to a 4-4-2 diamond midway through the season meant that wingers were no longer desperately needed, but full-backs (ideally a left back) were a must!

Intake - The best yet, 4 players getting the YP tag. Feel kinda sorry for the winger now that I've given up on them, but García in particular looks a great prospect.

YP13 - José Ángel García

YP14 - Kantarci

YP15 - Hensgen

YP16 - Neubert

Finally, still no transfers :)

[b][u]Season[/u]    [u]League[/u]   [u]Position[/u]  [u]Europe[/u]    [u]Cup[/u]            [u]Other[/u][/b]

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7955451&viewfull=1#post7955451]2012/13[/url]   3. Liga  4th       n/a       1st Rnd        n/a
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7959167&viewfull=1#post7959167]2013/14[/url]   3. Liga  1st       n/a       1st Rnd        MotY, PotY (Lewerenz), 7 TotY, TS (Frahn)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7963758&viewfull=1#post7963758]2014/15[/url]   2. Liga  1st       n/a       3rd Rnd        MotY, 3 TotY, TS (Frahn)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7969892&viewfull=1#post7969892]2015/16[/url]   1. Liga  11th      n/a       QF             n/a
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7979549&viewfull=1#post7979549]2016/17[/url]   1. Liga  11th      n/a       3rd Rnd        U17 PotY (Gebhardt), U18 PotY (Corluka)

[u]Key:[/u]
MotY = Manager of the Year
PotY = Player of the Year
TotY = (players in) Team of the Year
TS = Top Scorer

toon - great work on promotion in your first season, those facilities look stunning as well! Best of luck in Division 2

stephen_atk - good to see you in here, best of luck in Belgium

17386.png

U.S. Fiorenzuola 1922

I've decided to give this a go. Italy seemed as good a place as any since I'd like to travel there next year. Chose Fiorenzuola because I like red & black.

• Manager - Nationality accurate, age and gender not so much
  • Squad - Some contracts to hand out as many players expire before the season starts
  • Media Prediction: 20th of 20
  • Expectation: Avoid relegation
  • Facilities: 4000 all-seater stadium, basic training facilities, minimal youth facilities (rented), minimal junior coaching, limited youth recruitment - Pretty dire other than the stadium

Given the squad I think I'll be going 4-4-2 with advanced wingers as my starting tactic, with a back up tactic of a flat 4-4-2 and a 3-4-3 as the mix it up third choice.

Overall I'm reasonably happy we can stay up and make a go of this. The board already let me upgrade junior coaching to basic, we have a fairly big squad with players that look passable for this level, and most players are young and with some improvement left in them. The things that worry me are that the defensive players look a bit dodgy compared to the other positions, and 4-4-2 isn't my comfort zone, normally I prefer narrow tactics or inside forward roles at AML/R.

RFC_de_Lige.png

(The Blood and Marine)

Founded 1892

Ground Stade du Pairay,

Seraing

Season 2014/15 - Belgian Pro League

We was always going to struggle this season after an unlikely promotion. We started off the Pro League with 2 wins in our first 10 games, we went into the winter break without a win in 10 games and were just sitting above the bottom two (who will battle in the Relegation Playoffs). With just two more wins after the break we were destined to fall into the bottom two and a loss to Charleroi saw them jump above us and see us set to face FCV Dender for Pro League survival.

Final Table - Relegation Playoff

We/I just couldn't turn things around, our third team meeting of the season saw me kill, slay, destroy what little morale we had left and we lost the relegation Playoff and will drop back down to the second division next season (If i still have the job that is ...). We made the 7th round of the Belgian cup.

Finances|Confidence

Squad Stats - Look no Transfers

Retired

The Youth of Liege ...

Youth Candidates

Philippe Langevin YP3a Profile|Report Attributes

Chad Gauss YP3b Profile|Report

Joren Capouet YP2a Attributes|Report

Maxime Renaud YP2b Attributes|Report

Ianis Engel YP1 Attributes|Report

Adrien Trubia TP0 Attributes|Report

A Youth Player earned our Player of the Season Award!!!

Records Broken;

Games Without a Win

Youngest Ever Player

Youngest Scorer

Record Attendance|Gate Reciepts

Dropped down the Reputation Table...

150px-Queens_Park_FC_logo.svg.png

SEASON 2

Predicted:9th

League table

Finished in the play offs but got dumped out by Livingston

Biggest Home Win/Loss 7-0 Stiirling 3-1 Patrick thistle