Ri916's FM 12 European Youth Academy Challenge

150px-Queens_Park_FC_logo.svg.png

SEASON 3

Predicted:8th

League table

Meh Conceded lots of goals but scored about the same so if i had a better defense nd keeper then i would of been ok but i was playing a 3-4-3 so very attacking but oh well just getting the team ready for life in SPL

Biggest Home Win/Loss 5-2 Montrose 7-1 Rangers

Biggest Away Win/Loss 3-0 Livingston 4-1 Brechin

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP1

YP1A

YP2

YP2A

YP3 Report

YP3A Report

Next season objectives:Top 4 Finish

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17386.png

U.S. Fiorenzuola 1922 - Lega Pro Seconda Divisone Girone A - 2012/13 Season - 10th

Youth Intake

To call this garbage is an insult to garbage. Not a single player likely to play a senior game. :( Signed a few of the better ones for cheap injury insurance, but didn't give any YP tags out. If things don't improve this is going to be a very hard, if not impossible, challenge!

Table | Position History | Copa Italia Lega Pro

I knew before the season started my defense was poor, so I decided to take the approach of going on the attack and hoping to win shoot outs. It sort of worked: we created the chances but didn't finish them well enough. At the other end the defense was as bad as I'd feared, the players lacking both pace and anticipation and always keen to help out and push it into their goal when the other team couldn't. I felt bad for our poor GK getting bad ratings and calls for him to be dropped when it wasn't his fault, but at least it saved on clean sheet bonuses I guess. Injuries didn't help either, even after calling up two pretty horrible players from reserves I was down to 4 fit defenders at one point.

I don't think we're at serious risk of relegation any time soon, but I also don't see how we can get a promotion until we can get a bit more quality in at the back.

Cup wise I played a weakened side in the first round to preserve players for the stuff that matters. Not sure of the payout structure here in Italy and whether chasing a cup run is worthwhile, since it seems to be only the 3rd & 4th tier playing each other I can't imagine the financial rewards are huge.

Squad | Transfers | Best XI | Fan's Player of the Year | Manager's Player of the Year

Barocelli at just 21 is clearly the most talented player at the club, and with first and third in the goal of the year it's not hard to see why he's also the fan's player of the year. Played both wing positions and striker as I shuffled him around to fill gaps but in an ideal world I'd probably peg him as an advanced forward. For me though he was a little inconsistent, and I found left winger Massaro to be the guy I could rely on, he'd have probably led the league in assists if the guys up front would just stop banging their shots into the keeper's chest.

Finances

The ship be sinking. Can maybe run some cups in the pre-season and try to make things a little better but that's jut going to stem the bleeding at best. No way to turn a profit and hence no way to get better facilities ... so I just have to hope the previous intake was horrible luck and the next lot of youth prospects will carry the club onwards and upwards.

Next Season's Goals

Told the board I'd avoid relegation again since there's really no point aiming higher as the tiny amount of extra budget wouldn't be spent anyway when I can't sign players. Just have to hope the young players keep developing and the next intake is better, so this is really just a holding year.

[b]Season    Tier   Expectation        Predicted   Finished   Cup       Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2012/13   4th    Avoid Relegation   20th        10th       1st Rnd   Goal of the Year

toon - Great progress there , and that striker looks quality for that level - the centre back's not too bad either. How many do you get in the stadium out of interest?

Shakes - Congrats on avoiding relegation, but that youth intake is gutting. 10th is a really strong showing and hopefully you can improve on that next season :)

SEASON 4

Predicted:4th

League table

Best Strike Force in the division which helped me win the league

Biggest Home Win/Loss 3-0 Airdrie Utd 2-0 Livingston

Biggest Away Win/Loss 7-4 Stirling 4-3 Berwick

Attendance

Avg 900

Highest Home 1,410 Lowest Home 726

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP1

YP1A

YP2

YP2A

YP3 Report

YP3A Report

YP4 Report

YP4A Report

Next season objectives:Survival

RB_Leipzig_30.gif

RB Leipzig - Season 2017/18 - Bundesliga

Yet again, we started the season really well, losing just two of our opening thirteen games (away to Bayern and at home to a Mario Gomez fuelled Kaiserslautern. The tactic I spent much of last season developing proved to be very solid and we sneaked a lot of one-goal wins, as well as this superb result against Dortmund, finally breaking our awful run against the big sides. As always, we struggled a little after the Winter Break, dropping points in two winnable matches whilst exiting the DFB-Pokal to lowly Hannover. However, this surrounded our best result of the season, proving that just like buses, great results come in pairs! By this point we were sitting 6th, in striking distance of 2nd, and that’s just what we did, winning our next six matches to put us 2nd with 5 games to play, whilst some tinkering with the strikers meant our goal difference was also much improved. Obviously after that, we couldn’t buy a win, drawing every game possible to hand the initiative to Dortmund and Schalke in the run for Champions League places.

So, it came down to the final game of the season: Dortmund (59 points) at home to Werder, Schalke (on 58 points) away to Freiburg, and us (also on 58 points) at home to Frankfurt. Dortmund quickly raced into a huge lead against Werder making it a 2-horse race for the 3rd and final CL spot. Cue Franfurt scoring from their first shot with a 30-yarder from Skjelbred… typical. We stuck to our guns, dominating possession, and just before half time the pressure finally told, Schulz smashing in a rebound from Frahn’s shot. To their credit, Frankfurt went for it a bit more after the break, and we picked them off on the counter, with two goals from Corluka making it 3-1 and third in the league.

Unreal.

Final Position: 3rd - League Table - Positions

First Team Squad

U19 Squad (won their U19 league for the first time)

Current Youth Prospects

YP01 - Atangana - His contract is up in a month, and I may let him go given that the squad seems to universally hate him. However, with Europe next season I might actually need him. All the same, he’s still not great.

YP02 - Barahouei - Ditto last season. Not helped by being played at left-back and still annoying.

YP04 - Husic - An integral part of the team, but sadly his metronomic passing isn’t always rewarded in the FM ratings. A great player.

YP05 - Schulz - Still awesome.

YP06 - Corluka - Improved a lot, and performed much better towards the end of the season when I had the confidence to make the team more attacking. Still misses too many chances for my liking though.

YP07 - Gebhardt - Could well be the most improved and I’m so glad I chose to retrain him to right-back. Still makes a fair few mistakes, but offers a good outlet in attack and was instrumental in our two big wins over Dortmund and Bayern.

YP09 - Keller - Thoroughly ousted Hoheneder this season and has become a great foil for Schulz. Once his mental stats improve they will be a really good partnership.

YP10 - Kunter - Joint winner of our ‘most improved’ award. Played excellently at DM, although I still think his long term future is further forward.

YP11 - Hampf - Played a bit this season, but looks a bit raw still. His lack of passing/creativity is holding him back a bit.

YP12 - Scholze - Ditto Hampf, although I’m more pleased with how Scholze has progressed. Hopefully he will feature briefly next season as Rockenbach is definitely on his last legs.

YP13 - José Ángel García, YP14 - Kantarci, YP15 - Hensgen, YP16 - Neubert - All young, all improving

Youth Intake

Imagine my delight when I saw this news item. In reality the intake isn’t that great, although the top 4 all look pretty decent. The YP tags however, go to Roth and Ok. Ok (great name, isn’t it?) has a great spread of stats, and should develop nicely with tutoring.

To finish, I realise I haven’t posted Facilities or Club Information in a while, and obviously, still no transfers :)

Next Season Aims

• Qualify for Group Stages of Champions League
  • Finish in top 6 of Bundesliga (I doubt we can repeat this year's stellar performance as well as being in Europe
  • Improve Youth Recruitment

[b][u]Season[/u]    [u]League[/u]   [u]Position[/u]  [u]Europe[/u]    [u]Cup[/u]            [u]Other[/u][/b]

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7955451&viewfull=1#post7955451]2012/13[/url]   3. Liga  4th       n/a       1st Rnd        n/a
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7959167&viewfull=1#post7959167]2013/14[/url]   3. Liga  1st       n/a       1st Rnd        MotY, PotY (Lewerenz), 7 TotY, TS (Frahn)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7963758&viewfull=1#post7963758]2014/15[/url]   2. Liga  1st       n/a       3rd Rnd        MotY, 3 TotY, TS (Frahn)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7969892&viewfull=1#post7969892]2015/16[/url]   1. Liga  11th      n/a       QF             n/a
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7979549&viewfull=1#post7979549]2016/17[/url]   1. Liga  11th      n/a       3rd Rnd        U17 PotY (Gebhardt), U18 PotY (Corluka)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7986699&viewfull=1#post7986699]2017/18[/url]   1. Liga  3rd       n/a       3rd Rnd        Schulz (YP05) TotY and 3rd in Def.otY, U17/18/19 PotY (Scholze, Gebhardt, Corluka) 

[u]Key:[/u]
MotY = Manager of the Year
PotY = Player of the Year
TotY = (players in) Team of the Year
TS = Top Scorer

Shakes - Congrats on avoiding relegation, but that youth intake is gutting. 10th is a really strong showing and hopefully you can improve on that next season :)

Yeah, I'd been playing through with March 18th in mind to see what I'd get. Stared at the screen for 5 minutes then quit the game and went to bed. Still 10th isn't so bad and from the end of last season plus the start of this one I think I'm being a bit too negative about our chances, we could get a playoff spot with this squad and when you can score or give away 4 or 5 goals in any given game playoffs are always exciting. :)

Congrats on reaching Europe, Ok looks great for his age, if you can get his composure up he'll really bang in the goals.

17386.png

U.S. Fiorenzuola 1922 - Lega Pro Seconda Divisone Girone A - 2013/14 Season - 5th

Youth Intake

Better than last year at least, there's one decent player. Of course he's a striker when that's the strongest position of my side already: even if he reaches his 4 star potential that still makes him a rotation option. Have to make do with what you can get though, I'll probably look to get him a few games next year.

Table | Position History | Semi Finals | Finals | Copa Italia Lega Pro

The season started out brilliantly, the side suddenly knew how to defend and the side were only letting in a goal a game. This resulted in a great run of results, at the new year break they'd managed to score 37 points from their 19 games, and were serious contenders to win the league. Of course a brutal run of form followed where they only managed to pick up 4 points from their next 9 games and I was wondering if I was truly safe from relegation. However they kicked on at the end to finish 5th and earn a playoff spot.

The home leg of the semi final we dominated but squandered our chances to only take a 1-0 lead away from it. Then we got some devastating news: our only keeper was injured in training! Injections got him through the return leg which we comfortably won 1-0 for a 2-0 aggregate victory, but this meant some hopeless junior kid in goal for the final.

I'd like to say that's what cost us be were were simply outplayed in both legs to go down 3-1 on aggregate and promotion was not to be. Really can't blame it on the final, if we'd not gone on that horror run earlier in the year we'd have secured automatic promotion.

Cup wise we bombed out in the group phases, but I was concentrating on the league. Don't have the squad size to be chasing cups.

Squad | Transfers | Best XI (2013/14 | All Time) | Fan's Player of the Year | Manager's Player of the Year

The squad continues to shrink: from what we started with we'll have lost 4 players to retirement and 4 players due to wanting a transfer by the time next year kicks off with not much to replace them with. Just have to cross our fingers and hope for luck with injuries.

Barocelli was again the fan's player of the year, but again he was very up and down. For me the best performer was young striker Mannolo. 20 goals and 11 assists is a pretty good return in the league. Others obviously agreed with me, as he was second in the player of the year and named to the league best XI along with our center back Negrisoli (a dubious choice, he had an early run of hot heading off free kicks that boosted his rating above what his defense deserved).

Finances

Not getting any better, the club is now officially listed as insecure and the board have already injected one round of funding. Not really sure what I can do though, we're losing ~150k a year. To make it up we'd need to cut wages by ~35%, and that would just break us even, it wouldn't get us to the point where we could start upgrading anything. Of course we'd also probably be relegated in a year or two because we'd not have much of a squad left!

Next Season's Goals

Just have to go for broke for promotion, because it's clear I'm just going to lose money here and probably not going to get many decent young players without facility upgrades. If I don't go up next year I think I'm in real trouble, the board have already cut the budget this year to the extent I'll have to let a couple of players go and my squad is thin as it is. Just have to hope for no major injuries to my key men and maybe with a little internal improvement we can hit one of those automatic two spots.

[b]Season    Tier   Expectation        Predicted   Finished   Cup       Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7985219&viewfull=1#post7985219"]2012/13[/url]   4th    Avoid Relegation   20th        10th       1st Rnd   Goal of the Year
2013/14   4th    Avoid Relegation   19th         5th       3rd Grp   2nd PotY, 2 players TotY

SEASON 5

Predicted:10th

League table

Easily avoided relegation also got into the Challenge cup Final but i couldn't score arghh

Biggest Home Win/Loss 7-0 Berwick 4-1 Dundee

Biggest Away Win/Loss 6-1 Morton 6-2 Hamilton

Attendance

Avg 2282

Highest Home 4,200 Lowest Home 1,020

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP1

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4

YP4A

YP5 Report

RFC_de_Lige.png

Full name Royal Football Club de Liège

Nickname(s) Les Sang et Marine

(The Blood and Marine)

Founded 1892

Ground Stade du Pairay,

Seraing

(Capacity: 6,744)

Chairman Jean-Paul Lacomble

Season 2015/16 - Belgian Second League

We were hoping to bounce back after relegation heartache but alas it wasn't to be, to be honest we were lucky just to make it into the playoffs. We never won one of the three sections and just scrapped into the playoffs by a bizarre stroke of luck. Once in the Playoffs i wasn't confident at all we'd just had a poor end of season run .. Again!! We finished bottom of the Playoff group and didn't deserve promotion anyway. Our wages are too high for the Second League and i fear i may lose my better playoffs and so next season may also be a struggle.

Final Table - Promotion Playoff

Finances|Confidence

Squad Stats - Look no Transfers

Player of the Season Award!

The Youth of Liege ...

Youth Candidates

Laurent Fleury YP4 Profile|Report|Attributes

Philippe Langevin YP3a Attributes|Report

Chad Gauss YP3b Attributes|Report

Joren Capouet YP2a Attributes|Report

Maxime Renaud YP2b Attributes|Report

Ianis Engel YP1 Attributes|Report

Adrien Trubia TP0 Attributes|Report

Record Broken: Most Clean Sheets in a Row

Finally the Reputation Table...

RB_Leipzig_30.gif

RB Leipzig - Season 2018/19 - Bundesliga

First Team Squad - U19 Squad - Club Information - Facilities - Transfers

I was always a bit worried about this season and competing on three fronts, especially given the small squad we have. We weren’t helped by the fixture list either, with two hideous runs of games that sapped morale. Thankfully we made it through these relatively unscathed and put together decent runs of results over the weaker teams in the league. We dropped out of the DFB-Pokal intentionally early, but as we progressed further in Europe (more on that in a moment), fitness became an issue, and we dropped from 2nd in the league down to 5th with a few games to play. Annoyingly, we couldn’t quite raise our game enough to match last year’s finish, but 4th is still decent given the huge number of games we’ve played this season.

Final Position: 4th - League Table - Positions

Europe

Champions League

We were up against it as soon as we were drawn with Arsenal, who have a pretty good squad now. Frustratingly, we dominated them in the first leg, but were unable to convert our chances, only to concede two long-range strikes, drawing 2-2 in a game we bossed. It was a similar story in the second leg; we held our own well, but an unfortunate own goal from Gebhardt sent us into the Europa League.

First Leg

Second Leg

Europa League

Thankfully, we had a nicer draw in the groups here, winning all our matches bar a bizarre loss to a ridiculous penalty in Kharkiv. This sent us through to meet Lille in the First Knockout Round, and where I expected our journey to end. However, an excellent 2-1 victory in the away leg put us in a great position, and we saw out the home leg 1-0 thanks to a header from centre-back Keller, setting up a tie with Braga. The Portuguese side pegged us back to 2-2 at home, thanks to 2 goals from the infuriating Hervin Ongenda. However, Husic and Hampf’s goals in that away leg put us in a great position for the home leg, where we dispatched the Portuguese in emphatic fashion with a 5-1 win.

So, we made it to the quarter-final to face Valencia. Surely this is where it would end. Unbelievably, great strikes from Husic and Corluka put us into a 2-0 lead heading to the Mestalla. In Spain, Valencia threw everything at us, but a superb counter-attacking performance lead to an incredible 3-2 win.

This took us to a semi-final tie with Benfica. Sadly, the tie in Valencia had all but finished Corluka’s season as he limped out with broken ribs, and at this point our small squad was beginning to creak. Still, a superb 20 yard curler from Husic put us 1-0 up before former Bolton striker Rodrigo made it one apiece. With twenty minutes to go however, veteran striker Daniel Frahn, who has been with us since starting in the bottom tier (!) headed a priceless winner. However, in the Stadium of Light, Benfica were just too strong. We had a couple of clear cut chances, but couldn’t take them and to be honest, they completely outplayed our knackered squad, taking a 2-0 win. Still, an amazing run, and a very successful season which should do wonders for our reputation.

Europa League Group

Knockout Stages

Current Youth Prospects

Rather than writing a wall of text, I figured I’d condense it a bit for this season

First Teamers

Pretty much the same old story in terms of those who performed. Husic, Schulz, Kunter, Keller, Gebhardt and Corluka remain mainstays of the first team, with the only minor worry being Corluka’s lack of goals. Barahouei and Atangana really aren’t good enough anymore, and are subs at best. Sadly I don’t really have any more wingers which is a shame seeing as I’ve gone back to a 4-5-1. Finally, Scholze and Hampf finally broke through, with Scholze being particularly impressive. Hampf is nearing his potential, but he’s still worth keeping around for that Determination stat.

Player of the Season: Schulz

Most Improved: Scholze

YP01 - Atangana

YP02 - Barahouei

YP04 - Husic

YP05 - Schulz

YP06 - Corluka

YP07 - Gebhardt

YP09 - Keller

YP10 - Kunter

YP11 - Hampf

YP12 - Scholze

U19 Squad

A lot of great improvements made here, with six players scoring average ratings of over 7.3 in the League. Ok and former YP08 Kontovaios tore the league apart, scoring for fun, and it was pleasing to see us retain our title with an 8-1 mauling of then-leaders and long-time rivals Gladbach in the last game of the season.

YP13 - José Ángel García, YP14 - Kantarci, YP15 - Hensgen, YP16 - Neubert, YP17 - Roth, YP18 - Ok

Youth Intake

No ‘best player of his generation’ this year, but a few to get excited about. Really wanted a nice GK and full-backs (ideally a LB). Whilst we did get players to fit each of these positions, they don’t look like world beaters, but the owners of our two newest YP tags sure do! The AM looks great and should compete well with Scholze once I’ve given his physicals and mentals a boost, whilst the DC will dominate the U19 leagues next year until a gap opens up.

YP19 - Engel and YP20 - Hille

---

Wow, here's hoping we can go a couple better next year. Probably still a good 4-5 years off even coming close to completing the challenge, but the groundwork is definitely there now.

[b][u]Season[/u]    [u]League[/u]   [u]Position[/u]  [u]Europe[/u]       [u]Cup[/u]            [u]Other[/u][/b]

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7955451&viewfull=1#post7955451]2012/13[/url]   3. Liga  4th       n/a          1st Rnd        n/a
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7959167&viewfull=1#post7959167]2013/14[/url]   3. Liga  1st       n/a          1st Rnd        MotY, PotY (Lewerenz), 7 TotY, TS (Frahn)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7963758&viewfull=1#post7963758]2014/15[/url]   2. Liga  1st       n/a          3rd Rnd        MotY, 3 TotY, TS (Frahn)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7969892&viewfull=1#post7969892]2015/16[/url]   1. Liga  11th      n/a          QF             n/a
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7979549&viewfull=1#post7979549]2016/17[/url]   1. Liga  11th      n/a          3rd Rnd        U17 PotY (Gebhardt), U18 PotY (Corluka)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7986699&viewfull=1#post7986699]2017/18[/url]   1. Liga  3rd       n/a          3rd Rnd        Schulz (YP05) TotY and 3rd in Def.otY, U17/18/19 PotY (Scholze, Gebhardt, Corluka) 
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7994667&viewfull=1#post7994667]2018/19[/url]   1. Liga  4th       Europa semi  2nd Rnd        U17/18/19 PotY (Kantarci, Scholze, Keller)

TS = Top Scorer

Edit: Also just realised that Bayern have spent a net £270m so far in the seven years I've spent nothing...

toonbalmy87 - Your youth intakes make me so jealous, 6 players with 5 star potential.

b101 - Great effort with such a small squad, I realised how small mine had gotten when I couldn't even field a full bench for my first game due to a player still being on extended vacation. No idea how I'd do if I had to play European games as well.

Well my attempt is over ... keeper got injured early in the year, the first youth backup was dreadful enough but when he got injured I was playing a half silver star guy who couldn't even catch the simplest of saves. We just couldn't keep goals out. Had promised a mid table finish but we hit the relegation playoff zone in late November and I got the boot. :(

If I had my time over again I wouldn't have pissed off the initial backup keeper by stripping him off the captaincy before I'd even played a game, resulting in him demanding a transfer. Oh well with the dire financial position I'd left the club in we probably couldn't have afforded to be paying a backup keeper anyway. :p

Cheers Shakes, gutting to hear about your season - the keepers are a killer in this challenge, I remember I let in loads of easy goals when trying to blood my replacement. Are you going to restart with a different team or move on to different things?

Yeah when my keeper went down I knew I was in a spot of bother, 3 months was always going to be tough to hold on for. I just didn't have the defenders to shield the keeper. The schedule didn't help either: the start of the season was tough so we didn't really build up a good buffer before he went down. Once we lost to the two worst teams in the league I knew I was just waiting for the axe to fall.

Might give it another go in a different country, wasn't really thrilled with the losing money and no decent youth in Italy, maybe it'll be better elsewhere.

Been ill over the last few days, so I'm really rattling through this now!

RB_Leipzig_30.gif

RB Leipzig - Season 2019/20 - Bundesliga

Club Information - Facilities - Transfers

Having had the excellent experience of competing on a number of fronts last season, and with a few of our prospects now reaching their prime, I was quietly confident about this season. Naturally, the fixture computer had other ideas, sending us to Bayern in the first game, with Schalke and Dortmund in the next two matches. However, we seemed much more at ease with the formation this year and notched up some impressive victories, not least a 5-2 win away at Schalke. We reached the Christmas break in a very pleasing 2nd position and I was determined we wouldn't fade after the break for a 3rd successive year. In addition, we were making quiet but steady progress in the DFB-Pokal, with a kind draw allowing my reserves to make it through to the 4th Round for the second time in our short history.

After Christmas, we really pushed on, and into the title race. What started as a three-horse race soon turned into a straight shoot-out between us and Bayern as Dortmund faltered (they’ve been rubbish in this save considering the players they have). We had the lead for much of it, but a painful 0-0 draw with Hoffenheim meant that Bayern took a 2-point lead. At this point Bayern were really hitting form, and hadn’t dropped a point in ten matches, until a surprising 2-1 loss away at Schalke. This meant that we had to win away at Dortmund to take a 1 point lead in the title race - in spite of going 1-0 down after a minute, we fought back to lead 2-1 just before half-time. Thankfully, their centre-back then decided to pull down Corluka as the last man, and we beat the 10 men 4-2 in the end. The next worry was a game again already-relegated Paderborn. Although we completely dominated the game, with some 24 shots by the 60 minute mark, they took the lead after 75 minutes with a long shot from nothing (their first of the game). After a lot of nail biting, Corluka put the game to bed with a 7 minute hat-trick in the last 10 minutes. Thankfully, the remaining games were more straightforward, and a 4-1 win away at Wolfsburg sealed our first ever title!

Just a week later, we followed it up with this outstanding result in the DFB-Pokal Final, utterly destroying Bayern to secure a famous double. Whilst our route to the final was as easy as it could have possibly been, to take their team of world stars apart in such style was simply incredible. Our rivals would later go on to secure the Champions League, beating Lyon in the final - here’s hoping our league reputation finally goes back up now.

Final Position: 1st - League Table - Positions

First Team Squad

U19 Squad (retained their league title)

Europe

Europa League

Not too much to report here really, the Qualifiers and Group Stages were a cakewalk, before a 5-0 win away in Bordeaux set up our route to the last 16. Sadly, Porto were just too strong for us, and although we turned it around in the second leg (and probably should have won), I can’t have too many complaints. Porto ended up winning the competition.

Europa League Group

Knockout Stages

Current Youth Prospects

First Teamers

The usual suspects all performed to expectations, so there is little more to add. Keller progressed incredibly, and now looks a top CB. Scholze and Hampf really broke through this season, and it’s interesting to note that my assistant has finally worked out that Atangana and Barahouei are rubbish.

Player of the Season: Schulz

Most Improved: Keller

YP01 - Atangana

YP02 - Barahouei

YP04 - Husic

YP05 - Schulz

YP06 - Corluka

YP07 - Gebhardt

YP09 - Keller

YP10 - Kunter

YP11 - Hampf

YP12 - Scholze

U19 Squad

Anything the Senior team can do… The U19s won both league and Cup at a canter. Again, this is pretty much a copy and paste for most of them - they’ll have a look-in in times of injury crisis or Cup matches, but for the most part they’re just on intense physical training.

YP13 - José Ángel García, YP14 - Kantarci, YP15 - Hensgen, YP16 - Neubert, YP17 - Roth, YP18 - Ok, YP19 - Engel, YP20 - Hille

Youth Intake

Still no LB, but we did get a potentially decent RB and finally got a good winger! In addition, Glavas looks like he could be starting for us pretty soon as a replacement for Schulz. Generally a good intake :)

YP21 - Schmidt

YP22 - Schletzke

YP23 - Glavas

[b][u]Season[/u]    [u]League[/u]   [u]Position[/u]  [u]Europe[/u]       [u]Cup[/u]            [u]Other[/u][/b]

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7955451&viewfull=1#post7955451]2012/13[/url]   3. Liga  4th       n/a          1st Rnd        n/a
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7959167&viewfull=1#post7959167]2013/14[/url]   3. Liga  1st       n/a          1st Rnd        MotY, PotY (Lewerenz), 7 TotY, TS (Frahn)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7963758&viewfull=1#post7963758]2014/15[/url]   2. Liga  1st       n/a          3rd Rnd        MotY, 3 TotY, TS (Frahn)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7969892&viewfull=1#post7969892]2015/16[/url]   1. Liga  11th      n/a          QF             n/a
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7979549&viewfull=1#post7979549]2016/17[/url]   1. Liga  11th      n/a          3rd Rnd        U17 PotY (Gebhardt), U18 PotY (Corluka)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7986699&viewfull=1#post7986699]2017/18[/url]   1. Liga  3rd       n/a          3rd Rnd        Schulz (YP05) TotY and 3rd in Def.otY, U17/18/19 PotY (Scholze, Gebhardt, Corluka) 
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7994667&viewfull=1#post7994667]2018/19[/url]   1. Liga  4th       Europa semi  2nd Rnd        U17/18/19 PotY (Kantarci, Scholze, Keller)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8002061&viewfull=1#post8002061]2019/20[/url]   1. Liga  1st       Europa L16   Winners        MoTY, TS (Corluka), U17/18/19 PotY (Ok, García, Hampf), Golden Boot (Corluka)

TS = Top Scorer

SEASON 6

Predicted:8th

League table

Easily avoided relegation so my objective was met

Biggest Home Win/Loss 4-1 Hamilton 4-1 QOS

Biggest Away Win/Loss 4-0 Kilmarnock 5-2 Dundee

Attendance

Avg 1769

Highest Home 2,400 Lowest Home 858

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP1

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP6 Report

Next season objectives:Top 5

SEASON 7

Predicted:7th

League table

Easily avoided relegation but did not reach my objective

Biggest Home Win/Loss 4-1 Kilmarnock 4-1 QOS

Biggest Away Win/Loss 6-2 Morton 6-2 Dundee

Attendance

Avg 2061

Highest Home NA Lowest Home NA

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP1

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP6

YP7 Report

Challenge Cup Final

U19

Next season objectives:Top 5

SEASON 8

League table

Much better season this year and finaly looking like a team that can get into the SPL

Biggest Home Win/Loss 6-1 Raith 3-1 Morton

Biggest Away Win/Loss 5-1 QOS 3-1 Aberdeen

Attendance

Avg 1778

Highest Home 2,878 Lowest Home 1,010

Finances

Transfer

Squad - Forgot to get a squad pic

Youth Intake

YP1

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP7

YP8 Report

Next season objectives:Promotion

Great work toon - and I thought I was going through quickly!

Just had an unbelievable underdog moment on my game. The Olympics has crippled my squad - 7 of my best players have all gone as they're all around 23, and realised we had the Super Cup Final against a full-strength Bayern side. This was the best team we could put out against the likes of Muller, Lucas Moura, Kroos etc, and yet we somehow staved them off and equalised, before winning on penalties thanks to a goal from Keller (penalties of 6 :D)

Result

FC_Mulhouse.png

FC Mulhouse

Giving Youth a France

Back for another go, hoping for better luck this time around ...

• Manager - Making David Boon my manager shall surely bring me luck
  • Squad - Huge squad, but plenty will not be renewed before the season starts to trim it a bit. Also hanging out in the youth team is a 5 star potential player which is nice to see, hopefully a sign of what I can expect.
  • Media Prediction: 14th of 20
  • Expectation: Avoid relegation
  • Facilities: 11303 all-seater stadium, adequate training facilities, adequate youth facilities (rented), basic junior coaching, basic youth recruitment

Got a squad I'm pretty happy with here, good centre backs and a lot of depth in the midfield, although they all seem to be solid all rounder types with no stand out play makers. Up front the strikers look like decent finishers but neither quick nor good in the air. This makes deploying wingers seem like a waste of time, and none of them have the attributes to threaten the goals as inside forward types, so given I'm not in love with the full backs in the squad I think a few wingers are getting retrained down back.

With not a lot of creativity in the midfield and the strikers really looking like pure poachers scoring could prove difficult but we'll see. Just going to have to make do with what we have here. I wouldn't normally play a single striker and 5 players packed into the central midfield, but I think that might just be the best bet for this lot.

Board have already promised youth facility and coaching upgrades so hopefully that translates into good youth going forward this time!

SEASON 9

Predicted:4th

League table

Waahoooo finally got there. but bloody hell for tv deal you get 725k whats the point haha

Biggest Home Win/Loss 5-0 Patrick Thistle 4-2 East Fife

Biggest Away Win/Loss 5-0 Ross County 4-0 Aberdeen

Attendance

Avg 2,407

Highest Home 7,292 Lowest Home 981

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP1

YP2 Career Stats Biography Big Offer Just an insight of how good this guy is

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP6

YP8

YP9 Report

Challenge Cup Final

Aaaaarg ... relegated on the last day after blowing a 2-0 lead with 25 minutes to go and a 3-2 lead with 5 minutes to go when they were down to 10 men. :( 3-3 draw, end up missing out on safety by a point. Lost so many stupid games like that right at the end, now excuse me while I go smash something.

SEASON 10

Predicted:9th

League table

Player Stats

The SPL is weird i set out what i wanted to do but i know going to be a couple of years before i start beating Rangers and Celtic

Biggest Home Win/Loss 6-0 QOS 5-1 Celtic

Biggest Away Win/Loss 3-0 Dundee Utd 4-0 Rangers

Attendance

Avg 8,501

Highest Home 26,619 Lowest Home 3,623

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP1

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP6

YP8

YP9

Next season objectives:Get into the Champions Group

SEASON 11

League table

Player Stats

Yeah after what i said never mind Rangers and Celtic sell there best players whereas i keep hold of min or put ridiculous fees up to keep them away. In the end i was disappointed in where i finished because i know the team is better than Dunferm but bring on next season

Biggest Home Win/Loss 5-0 Celtic 3-1 Rangers

Biggest Away Win/Loss 6-1 Falkirk 3-1 Celtic

Attendance

Avg 10,164

Highest Home 57,802 Lowest Home 4,035

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP6

YP8

YP9

YP10

YP11

YP11Report

Next Season Objective: Europe

unlucky shakes are you going to have another go somewhere else

More bad management than bad luck, was my own fault, it's easy to delude yourself that you'll return to form and things will start working rather than your early results were a bit lucky and you need to do something drastic. Pity, I had such a young side that would have gotten better if we just survived. Guess I have to give it another shot, I want to at least get a promotion somewhere! Portugal maybe for third time lucky?

You're powering up the leagues. Taking on Rangers for the Champion's League spot might take a while though, they look dominant.

Toon- Your making amazing progress! Flew up the leagues and now in touching distance of europe.

Shakes- That last day must've been gutting :(. Keep trying though, I think it'll be third time lucky :)

RB_Leipzig_30.gif

RB Leipzig - Season 2020/21 - Bundesliga

After last year’s various successes, we had a few main objectives for this season. The board now expects nothing less than a title challenge, whilst I was hoping to progress beyond the Group Stages of the Champions League. We followed our typical form in the league, winning most of the tough matches, yet contriving to draw/lose the games we dominated, making the gap between the top teams far closer than it should have been. A case in point was a 1-0 loss to bogey team Hoffenheim, followed by a 0-0 draw at home to Freiburg. However, some excellent victories over Schalke and Dortmund put us in a great position before an inexplicable 3-1 loss away to Werder left us leading by just 2 points going into the Winter break.

After Christmas it turned into a three-horse race between ourselves, Dortmund and Munich. As always, it was close until March, with each team losing to briefly hand another the advantage, before that team then drew or lost in turn. Thankfully, we finally got a 3 point lead thanks to a 94th minute goal from YP01 - Atangana away to Köln and never looked back, wrapping up the title with a game to spare. An 8-0 rout of already-relegated Aue brought down the curtain on another successful season

Final Position: 1st - League Table - Positions

In addition, the U19s won the league without dropping a point

Europe

Champions League

We were handed a tough draw with Chelsea, PSG and Dinamo in our group. We defeated PSG 1-0 thanks to an own goal in the opening game, but lost to Chelsea by the same scoreline after a late goal from Lukaku. Dinamo were then thrashed twice before the crunch tie away to PSG. Thankfully, Corluka brought his A-game, scoring a hat-trick to send us through 2nd in the group behind Chelsea. This brought a tie with Roma, who have a pretty strong squad, but a very slow defence, which we happily exploited, winning both legs 2-0.

This led to one of the strangest matches of my FM career against Juventus. They have one of the best regens in the game and another good squad. However, we seemed to just carve through their defence time after time, with Kunter (2) and Corluka putting us 3-0 up after 10 minutes. Naturally, we then conceded twice to a free-kick and a mistake from our keeper. Hampf put us 4-2 up before their left back got himself sent off. Curiously they opted to keep three at the back, and we ran riot, scoring another 4 before they got a consolation to leave us with an 8-3 lead going into the second leg. Whilst Juve through all they had at us in the Delle Alpi, we countered brilliantly with Corluka (2) and Atangana netting to send us through 11-3 on aggregate.

So, we faced Man City in the semi-final, with the first leg at the Etihad. Although Hampf put us 1-0 up, they were simply too good, with Aguero scoring a stunning overhead to bring them level before their South African centre mid got in on the act with two goals. Another Aguero stunner left us 4-1 down and with a mountain to climb. Sadly it wasn’t to be, we never rose to the occasion in the second leg, conceding early and found ourselves 3-0 down. Although Corluka grabbed 2 goals to make it respectable, they were simply far too good and would go on to beat Arsenal 3-0 in the final.

Current Youth Prospects

Switching to yet another different format this year, and will be going by position, with first team players in bold

Goalkeepers

André Halfar - Took over from Borel a few seasons ago and although he looked a little shaky initially, he has developed pretty nicely. He'll never be world-class, but should do a solid job until we finally get a good GK recruit.

Philip Albert - The best youth GK we have. Yeah, we seriously need to strengthen this position.

Centre Backs

YP05 - Schulz - The rock at the heart of our defence. Not technically a YP as he and a few others were created before I got to the club, but has been impeccable and is now a German regular (about time!). Scores a silly amount from set pieces as well.

YP09 - Keller - A great foil for Schulz, he's very pacy but also quite inconsistent and prone to mistakes. Still pretty good though.

YP19 - Engel - Probably our next one to make the step up, he had some sub action this year and didn't disgrace himself. Mental stats are still a bit of a worry though.

YP15 - Hensgen - Hasn't really developed as I would have liked so far and his potential isn't what we initially thought. Back up at best.

Full-backs

Refik Celik - A breakthrough season for Celik, who displaced Barahouei due to the fact that he can a) tackle and b) doesn't get sent off every other game. Still very inexperienced, but performs better than his stats would suggest.

YP07 - Gebhardt - Very quick again and is a pretty solid defensive option. Not one of the stronger members of the team and makes quite a few mistakes, but always gives his all.

YP02 - Barahouei - Never really made it as a winger or a left back and is now basically a backup for both. Has hit his peak and his tackling and rushes of blood to the head are something I can certainly do without.

YP14 - Kantarci - Another backup for anywhere across the back four. Apparently has a good deal of development yet, but there's quite a lot of stats that need improving. Should be a useful rotation option in the future.

YP22 - Schletzke - Hasn't really developed at all this year, although admittedly he hasn't been tutored yet. Looked good when he first came through but actually I now doubt he'll make it.

Centre Mids

YP04 - Husic - A youth product from before I arrived and he has developed spectacularly. Tends to play at defensive mid, winning the ball before passing it simply to our more creative players. One of our best.

YP10 - Kunter - A great box-to-box midfielder, and gets a lot of assists from CM. I could wish his finishing were a little higher, but that would be greedy...

YP12 - Scholze - Our most attacking CM, and I love the fact that he's genuinely two-footed. Technicals could still use some work, and he occasionally goes missing in games, but he's generally progressed well.

YP20 - Hille - Mostly used as a backup for Scholze and looks really promising. Will probably get more game time next year, as he has one of the highest potential ratings at the club.

YP13 - José Ángel García - Also developing quite slowly, and I think he could use another season in the U18s before stepping up.

YP23 - Glavas - The man who I think could make the DM role his own. Has some excellent stats and is progressing nicely.

Wingers

YP11 - Hampf - Plays well and scored some vital goals this season, although I think he's hit his ceiling. Ideally, one of our new recruits should take his place in a few years, but he's a safe pair of hands for the moment.

YP21 - Schmidt - The most surprising first team member. I gave him a start early in the season as he looked good, and he just blew the opposition away and stayed in the team for the rest of the season. The best breakthrough season we have had and I have really high hopes for him.

YP01 - Atangana - Our first proper youth recruit and he's a reliable backup who gets the odd useful goal.

YP16 - Neubert - Another who looked good when he came through, but hasn't really pushed on. The Assistant's recommendation has also dropped significantly down to just 2.5* and he probably won't ever make the first team.

YP17 - Roth - Still has plenty of development left, but in reality Schmidt has blown him out of the water. Could be a decent backup however.

Strikers

YP06 - Corluka - Had another outstanding season and although he misses a lot of chances, he always gets himself in great positions and gets the goals.

YP18 - Ok - We have somewhat of a dearth of strikers. Thankfully we do have one good backup with Ok, who has ripped the U19 league apart for the last 3 seasons. Still a bit nervous in his first team starts however, and could use more composure.

Youth Intake

The newbies

Another nice notification about the youth intake and it’s not too surprising given that I’ve finally maxed out all Youth Facilities/Training Facilities/Youth Recruitment. The top three look very promising with Sievers in particular getting rave reviews. Given that the likes of Schulz and Husic are now in tutoring age, things are looking very rosy in Leipzig.

YP24 - Sievers - Another to add to the list of our promising centre backs. Boasts some already decent stats, and if comments about his potential are true, he could be amazing.

YP25 - Beckmann - Stats are perhaps a little underwhelming compared to Schmidt last year, but looks like a good partner for him on the other wing. Coaches seem to flip between giving him 4.5 or 5 stars for potential, either way, he looks good.

YP26 - Carini - The half-Italian has some excellent stats already, but I’m not really sure where to play him. He could perhaps be a good ball-playing CB, but given the wealth of talent we have for that position, I may retrain him to DM. Any suggestions welcomed though!

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7994667&viewfull=1#post7994667]2018/19[/url]   1. Liga  4th       EL semi      2nd Rnd        U17/18/19 PotY (Kantarci, Scholze, Keller)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8002061&viewfull=1#post8002061]2019/20[/url]   1. Liga  1st       EL L16       Winners        MoTY, TS (Corluka), U17/18/19 PotY (Ok, García, Hampf), Golden Boot (Corluka)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8011500&viewfull=1#post8011500]2020/21[/url]   1. Liga  1st       CL  semi     3rd Rnd        TS (Corluka), U17/19 PotY (Ok, Kantarci), Golden Boot (Corluka)

TS = Top Scorer

Toon- Your making amazing progress! Flew up the leagues and now in touching distance of europe.

Shakes- That last day must've been gutting :(. Keep trying though, I think it'll be third time lucky :)

Ditto what ri said, keep it up guys :)

Cheers ri - fingers crossed, but Man City proved how far away we are. I would say at least another 3 seasons to be honest as I feel we got a little lucky with the Juventus tie - they should have been much much better. Still, onwards and upwards :)

Are you playing your save on this still or just the European Small Club one?

I'm playing that at the moment but starting to consider returning here now there's a bit of life. Should definitely be better for FM13 because the youth challenge(s) I made only started in march and that was successful enough but I think this one was a bit late to get lots of activity. This should get lots of the users looking to start a challenge at the start of FM13. I will also be combining these two challenges into one thread for FM13 :)

Would be good to have you back :) - this will definitely be my main save for fm13, although I'll probably choose a different country and a smaller team. Not that it's been a cakewalk as Leipzig, but being able to max out facilities within 7 seasons does give you a huge advantage, especially when they weren't bad to begin with!

Edit: Obviously the game could tell I was writing this - Champions League Group: Barcelona, Inter and poor Panathinaikos

Yeah it could have been better, they've both strengthened lots as well. That being said, there is small hope in that Inter have decided to a) buy Jonny Evans and b) keep playing him even at the age of 33. Sadly, the rest of their team is insanely good.

Good luck restarting Ri, I'd suggest just choosing a country where you haven't played for a while - I hadn't done Germany since FM08 I think... Portugal will probably be my choice for 13 :)

I'm also working on a thread to post in GD pimping the whole of CSE! :D. The activity levels have been down on previous years and I want to do my bit to make sure we can continue to enjoy an active forum :).

Sounds good, I knew the dafuge challenge existed for a few years but never quite got round to it until this year and have since been dragged into the rest of CSE - it's an awesome part of the forum :)

Edit: I swear my team are doing this to annoy me now, just conceded a header to 5'5 Marko Marin.

tried the challenge, failed after 2 months. Went East Stirling in scottish 3rd, it was ludicrously difficult to conceed less than 3 goals a match. In the end i got fed up on deleted the save

maybe you should try a different league? It's bound not to click for anyone first time and sometimes the only thing you can do is persevere :)

Took a while to get there but........

jurasud.png

Season 1: 2012-13

Main Squad

I wasn't really sure what to expect from the season. Jura Sud had been promoted the previous season but only having finished 7th in the league behind reserve sides, so I wasn't expecting a particularly strong squad. What I found was decent but not great, but 2 decent wingers and 3 ok forwards meant I'd play 4-2-4 and really go for it. Turned out to be a pretty decent season.

Highlights were an unexpected 2-0 win against Paris FC (Ligue 2) in the cup, a result that was sandwiched between 7-1 and 6-3 victories over non-league opposition, we eventually went out against Ajaccio from Ligue 1 but with a creditable 2-0 defeat. In the league we enjoyed impressive victories against Vannes (5-1), Red Star 93 (1-3) and most pleasing a hard fought 1-0 victory over Angers who eventually went up. Our biggest defeat was 3-0 against champions Monaco who the league at a canter going on a 32 game unbeaten run.

Having been as high as 5th in the early stages we tailed off a bit towards the end of the season but still ended up finishing 11th, comfortably exceeding pre-season expectations and convincing the board that I was worth sticking with after initial rumours that they wanted to bring in a new manager.

Final Table

Squad

Youth Squad

I managed to get the outgoing board to upgrade our facilities at the start of the season, moving up to basic facilities. The youth set up was quite small with only 3 players having much about them. Alexandre Matais, an attacking midfielder, Bruno Jacquin, a centre back and striker Clément Girard. The Under 19s managed to finish 12th of 15th in our group.

I signed all but 4 of the youth intake, mainly to increase numbers, but there were 5 who look decent, at least to my youth coach.

Balahouel Khoualed (YP01)

Fodé Touré (YP02)

Teddy Roux (YP03)

David Rennard (YP04)

Maxime Lecomte (YP05)

Hopefully the new board will let me throw more money at the youth setup and bring more coaches in for the coming season

Unfortunately I managed to make a mess of my transfer screen, as I didn't realise how youth players were signed, but hopefully the 2 shots show I didn't make any real transfers.

Transfer Centre

Youth Intake

Im going to join in. Could never get going in the English version but im looking forward to trying in Spain

Good luck mate :). Try and be as active on the thread as you can, will help you to hold your interest and you can share your fustrations and triumphs with us. :)

Good luck mate :). Try and be as active on the thread as you can, will help you to hold your interest and you can share your fustrations and triumphs with us. :)

Ill try my best. I need a save to keep me going to FM13. Had enough of my other save after 30+ seasons. Just on holiday now, shouldnt be long until im playing

Archived