Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats a long list :D

My best keep is rated at 1 star, same as my best central defender. I've only 1 right back, and my midfielders are not that good either .... It's going to be a long season, especially seeing as Maidenhead have just beaton us 6-0 without really breaking sweat ....

My best keep is rated at 1 star, same as my best central defender. I've only 1 right back, and my midfielders are not that good either .... It's going to be a long season, especially seeing as Maidenhead have just beaton us 6-0 without really breaking sweat ....

how do you play because when i first started i used AML AMR ST ST but 5 defenders and 1 holding mid

End Of Season Report - 2016/2017

Chester - League 2

This is our second season in League 2 and our most interesting and entertaining season yet! Last season I completely revamped the first team, bringing through as many youth players as possible, replacing the old guard that had got us this far. It almost ended in tears, but for a fantastic end to the season, finishing 18th after several wins, coming off a 13 game run of losses and draws. Thankfully the revamp has proven to be a success and helped me to move the club forward! By January 1st we were unbeaten in the league and destroying any team we went up against.

npower League 2 | Squad | Fixtures | Finances | Transfers | Youth Intake Squad

Champions!!!

Our second half to the season was entirely different to the first, becoming more of a struggle to keep up the pace, but thankfully several of our key players managed to keep fit and Gary Beckford in particular managed to stay almost injury free, except for a few niggles. In previous years, Beckford has suffered several injuries and is seen as our most injury prone player. It is absolutely amazing the way we won the title, joint top with Port Vale who kept up the pace and kept the league interesting, but goal difference was the major factor in the end and that proves how important it is to score as many goals as you can.

Hopefully we can keep this squad together for next season, but there is major interest from several clubs for our star man Brett Smart and if he was to leave, we would lose a pivotal part of our squad.

Awards

Player Of The Month - Gary Beckford (October) & Christian Walsh (April)

Young Player Of The Month - Brett Smart (August) & Christian Walsh (March)

Player Of The Year - Brett Smart

Team Of The Year - Brett Smart, Gary Beckford & Christian Walsh

Top Goalscorer - Christian Walsh

Youth Products

• Gary Beckford - Has had a tough career so far at Chester, seen as the icon of the club, the first YP to make it onto the scene, but has taken huge strides this season to prove he deserves his YP status! 24 goals and 11 assists, mainly from Attacking Left Midfield, with a few appearances up front.
  • Manuele De Petrillo - Unfortunately for Petrillo, it appears his career at Chester is coming to an end. He is only seen as a backup player now, due to the wide range of talent available for the Attacking Left Midfield position!
  • Rod Delfouneso - Had always been seen as a future star in midfield and has finally shown his ability, with 55 sensational appearances this season! Amazingly, Delfouneso has never suffered an injury, so has always been available for selection!
  • Kyle Pope - This guy is known as the impact player. He has made 48 appearances, but 34 of those were off the bench! He can play on the left and on the right, whilst his main position is up front, but he did usually play on the wing. He wasn't as influential as others, but scored some important goals.
  • Christian Walsh - I had huge hopes for this guy after a fantastic first full season last season and he hasn't disappointed! He was our out and out striker and extremely reliable! He picked up a couple of injuries, but thankfully they were only very short spells on the sidelines.
  • Ciaran Wood - Has formed an amazing partnership with Ryan James and must take huge credit for the strides he's taken this season, after previously disappointing in his performances. Is a well rounded defender and will be pivotal to our survival challenge next season.
  • Eric Davidson - I never intended on using Davidson as much as I have, but once he got into the team, he couldn't stopped creating chances! 22 amazing assists from Central Midfield is extrodinary!
  • Reece Jeffries - This years youth intake player and the only one to pick up the YP status this season! He came in and was already the best goalkeeper at the club. Has a few flaws in his play, but he's only young and hopefully I can mould his stats and make him into a top goalkeeper!
  • Brett Smart - An absolute beast of a player, proving he deserves is SYP status, scoring 22 goals and assisting 30! Easily our player of the season and managed all this, mostly from Attacking Right Midfield! Easily a major factor towards Christian Walsh's amazing goalscoring ability.

Season      Division   Position   Achievement
2012/2013   BSN        2nd        Promotion Via Playoffs
2013/2014   BSP        13th       Mid-Table
2014/2015   BSP        4th        Promotion Via Playoffs
2015/2016   L2         18th       Avoided Relegation
2016/2017   L2         1st        Champions

TM - Great Season congrats! Looked like it was close..! Good luck with League 1, I think if you have the right tactic you will fly up.

Drew - Great Intake there! That guy could push you onto the next level!

TM- congrats on the promotion! L1 will be a whole new level though. Youth recruitment should make a difference, it affects the potential ability of players coming through along with increasing your chances of getting a sammarinese star :D

Drew- An amazing intake. What are your facilities like? did you get youth recruitment up?

Oxford_City_F.C._logo.png

League Table- We finished 14th, but this is because we only took 1 point from our last 10 games. I realised we wouldn’t make the playoffs so I frankly didn’t try in the last 10 matches. I organised a few friendlies to keep the finances up which ruined the players fitness.

Squad- Lots of potential in the squad but I wish I could say the same about youth intakes. Barcelos kept top scorer but the stand out this season is Shelly for me.

Key Player-Robbie Shelly. A good year for the youngster, providing 10 goals and some assists

Alex Daly YP01- A full season for him featuring in an incredible 51 games! He is my first choice keeper and he has made great strides this year.

Finances- 230k in the bank thanks to some yummy friendlies.

Facilities- We improved our junior coaching and training facilities are going to be upgraded in October.

An average season overall but we now have some money in the bank and have a few players improving.

Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                         
2012/13       BSS               7th            Staying up and more!             Felipe Barcelos (32)        Felipe Barcelos     
2013/14       BSS               14th     Consolidating a great first season     Felipe Barcelos (13)         Robbie Shelly

Northwich Victoria 2012/13 & 2013/14

I got really into the game/challenge and ended up playing two seasons before remembering to do this! I ended up taking over Northwich Victoria in the BSN, with a rented yet very good stadium at this level and a half decent team in place. (though all out of contract!)

2012/13

Very happy for a first year with a team that was one of the favorites to go down. Cups were in and out though. Youth Intake was solid but nothing spectacular, with a few future good/leaving BSN players but nobody to step right in.

League Table

th_BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages.png

Best Eleven

th_NorthwichHistory_BestEleven.png

Transfers

th_NorthwichTransfers_History.png

2013/14

A good improvement on the previous year, think we could have been in the Playoffs without the great cup runs (7 replays, 3 extra times, 2 shootouts!!), was still in it to the last day. We got to the final of the FA Trophy at Wembley before losing and the 2nd round of the FA Cup. Increased Junior Coaching also brought some exciting prospects.

League Table

th_BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages-2.png

Best Eleven

th_NorthwichHistory_BestEleven-2.png

Future Championship Right Back!

th_FazelCobbOverview_Profile.png

Future League One Striker!

th_MartinYatesOverview_Profile.png

Season       League           Position            Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------                                         
2012/13       BSN              10th            Stayed up, foundations                 
2013/14       BSN               7th      FA Trophy Final, 2nd Round FA Cup   

peter- Welcome to the challenge and youve had a fantastic first two seasons. I think you could push for promotion next year. Please post screenshots in link form though. for instructions on how to do this refer to the OP.

TM- he only played 30 games this season due to injury and he played in 8 games that I had given up on so his total wasnt to bad. Hopefully I can get everyone back on form next season :). I also believe we could have finished around 8th/9th if I had pushed them to the end. (we only got 1 point in the last 10 games!)

Looks good Tactic Master!! :D

I am not having such good luck however...

In my second season with Lowestoft, still in the BSN. We beat East Thurrock 7-2 in the 2cnd FA cup qualifying round but we just lost 3-1 to Whitby in the 3rd round.

All 3 goals to headed set pieces, 2 corners and 1 free kick. Our match preparation is set to very high on defending set pieces constantly (I know it doesn't stack over time, i'm just too lazy to shuffle it).

Set pieces are set up to have everyone back marking a man, covering the posts and I leave 2 lose to just 'go back'

Really unhappy to lose to non-league opposition in that manner, I wish FM was realistic enough for me to dish out some Fergie style hairdryer treatment!

Carshalton Atheltic : Survival and More

League I Survived wahoo

and to be honest we pretty much gave all the big boys a game just injury's to key players stop us from getting in to the play offs be looking to get into the play off next season

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

Finances

Rolling in ££££

Key Players

Westley

Oscar Ward

Marvelous Baah - need to find a replacement for him quickly

League Cup - Man Utd 4th Round

FA Cup Aston Villa 3rd Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04

YP05

YP06

YP07 Report

U18s

Andy Johnson Wannabe :lol:

Next years objective : Play offs

Carshalton Atheltic : Close but no Cigar

League I was wanting to get into the play offs but i didn't expect us to soo soon but we ended up getting knocked out at the first hurdle

Squad

Transfers

Finances - Looking pretty healthy in the red by 100k so get that sorted with friendlys

Key Players

Westley

Oscar Ward

Not So Marvelous Baah

League Cup after our 2nd round heroics against everton

[video=youtube_share;8taJynRfj8E]

this happened- Man City 3rd Round What a Match AM.png

FA Cup Newcastle 5th Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04 Awful player

YP05

YP06

YP07

YP08 Report

Play offs - Beaten By Burnley

Next years objective : Play offs or Better

Have fun with Stafford, possibly one of the hardest teams imo. Unless you get some funds quickly, you won't be getting any youth team players soon.

Do you think your opinion may be a bit biased? ;) but yes, I agree, stafford are one of the lowest rep teams you can get through. Also, I thought you still got youth players through, they just dont get trained as you dont have any youth facilities.

I've scrapped that save as we were losing lots of money. I think my FM days are coming to an end as I'm not enjoying it as much now. It takes too much time to do anything of note and seeing as though I prefer just to watch commentary and play basic 4-4-2, I'm not having as much fun now.

Do you have an older version that you liked? that might rekindle your love for the game...

Richard Ineson has taken charge of Northwich and has indicated that if he fails to bring success to Victoria he will most likely retire.

After struggling with Oxford I have decided to go with Northwich. At the moment I just wish I had never been sacked from FC united, as I really got into that. If I quit this save I will probably take a break from fm, but still run this thread.

Do you have an older version that you liked? that might rekindle your love for the game...

Only FM11, liked FM10 the most but don't have that or any other previous versions. I didn't like FM11 much either. Again too much to do and it's starting to feel more like a job than a game. I'm all for realism but there are boundaries.

Time to crack on with my Harrow save .... 8 games left and 8 points from safety. Not bad going considering the squad I had to start with. Still got £200k in the bank after a very healthy preseason and player wages of less that £1000/week!

Time to crack on with my Harrow save .... 8 games left and 8 points from safety. Not bad going considering the squad I had to start with. Still got £200k in the bank after a very healthy preseason and player wages of less that £1000/week!

£1000 a week is just madness :D Best of luck for your last 8 games!

5 Games left, and now 10 points from safety. Having 3 players sent off in those 3 matches hasn't helped either ....

We've just lost 2-1 at home to Bromley, and with Bath City winning as well, that leaves us 13 points adrift and relegated :(

Although I like the challenge, I'm going to give up on it for now, and try it another way. Basically, start a new game and pick a team in the BSR at the start and try from there.

Archived