Can YOU become THE most expensive player - 2012 Edition - Game Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knowing my luck, Gamba Goma will end up being the best player and not win cause City will never sell him!

Why would you want to move from City? I hate City, but we all know they are always going to be in the Champions League in this challenge and even winning it several times? Your doing amazing at such a big club.

January - June 2013- Third season syndrome Pt 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdhd0VCKwMeh5_w5CcqAqSP6YaapxHUC4xmKmu0ch6Eb_gtVMJ&t=1

Hello and welcome to another edition of Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: Hello I am Andy Gray, and with me today for this edition of Future Stars is the one, the only, Richard Keys.

Richard: We start off today travelling to Italy to see the progress of Eighteen Rabbit

Eighteen Rabbit (Mr/Amr) - Atalanta - 6million

Andy: An average second half of the season follows his average first half. Bringing his total up to 25 starts and 2 sub appearances with 1 goal and 2 assists.

Richard: Not the form we should expect from a player of his quality.

Andy: Indeed he will have to perform better if he hopes to get in the national team, and if he hopes to continue being in the first team at Atalanta. Who also had an average season finishing lower mid table in 14th.

Report Card - D - Start to show what you are capable off, decent performances mean nothing if you don't get assists and goals to your name. Look at Stewart Downing and do the opposite.

Josh Wilson (Amc/Amr) - Alaves

Andy: Wilson has had a great season with Alaves, having an even more spectacular second half of the season than he did in the first half.

Richard: We were raving on his 2 goals and 9 assists in 20 games, well in the next 16 games he added another 4 goals and 10 assists.

Andy: The latvian national has of course attracted interest and Bolton Wanderers are looking to add him to Bjorn Bjornsson, in their future stars camp.

Report Card - A+ couldn't have done much better than you have this season. You fully deserve a move and to test yourself at a bigger stage.

Gamba Goma (Sw/Dc) - Man City - 2.9million

Richard: Goma continued to be fairly regular in Van Gaals squad rotation system that just missed out on the league title by 2 points.

Andy: He started 20 games and came on as a sub 17, although in the league that was 12 starts and 11 sub appearances.

Richard: He played well and gained the young player of the month award for April.

Andy: A month later and he came on for the last 25 minutes of the FA Cup Final, and got his hands on the silverware as the Zambian and his teammates crushed Aston Villa 3-1.

Report Card - A - You did great but you have to find a way to make yourself a first team regular.

Bjorn Bjornsson (Mr/Amr) - Bolton

Andy: A pretty good season for Bjornsson whose Bolton side finished in 11th.

Richard: 37 games 3 of which were sub appearances and 8 goals and 3 assists is a pretty good return.

Andy: He played decently well during the season and will have been happy that this was arguably his best season for the club.

Richard: He is happy to stay next season.

Andy: Unfortunately his Swedish side did not get into the World Cup to be played later this month.

Report Card - B-(minus) - A pretty good season, but could have chipped in with a few more assists and some improved performances. Try to work on your teamwork and become a club legend.

Arawn Moridin (St/Amr) - Man U/Fc Twente (On loan) - 4.4million

Richard: Moridin may not be too happy with his season. 6 months in old Trafford for the reserve side, and then finally his break, a loan to FC Twente in January.

Andy: However from there it did not go according to plan, only one start for the youngster and 9 sub appearances.

Richard: He did play well when he came on with 3 goals for the club and some decent performances.

Andy: But surely he was expecting more playing time.

Report Card - C-(Minus) - You played well when you had the chance, but you must find a way to get more opportunities, either insist on a loan or move clubs.

​Edoardo Lorenzo (Amr/Mrl) - Triestina

Andy: Edoardo had another good season, but failed to live up to the high standards previously set.

Richard: That was however a very high bar he set.

Andy: He still did well this season with 3 goals and 8 assists in 38 games.

Richard: It was however ultimately a dissapointing season for Lorenzo and the club, as they were relegated back down to Serie C.

Andy: The question now is will Lorenzo stay and fight to get promoted again or move ship?

Report Card - C - A step up in competition, means you have to step up. You didn't quite manage to make the impact that could has made you stand out from the crowd. Work Harder!

Steve Duffy (Amr/St) - 8.75Million

Andy: A great season personally for Duffy as he yields his highest goal tally yet.

Richard: 19 goals in 47 starts is not a bad ratio at all Andy.

Andy: As well as the as the couple of assists and the overall good performance.

Richard: However it was not enough to get Blackpool promoted, finishing 5th and losing in the playoff final to a brace from Ched Evans and Sheffield United.

Andy: Our most expensive player may go further in the lead by the time the summer is over.

Richard: Tottenham are interested in signing the Scotland International, and may well make an offer over the next few months.

Report Card - B-(minus) - Good goal tally but improve on your teamwork and assists.

Andy: Well that is it for tonight folks.

Richard: Join us again next time for the next episode of FUTURE STARS!!!!

Not bad season from Steve there, gutted that I couldn't help Blackpool get promoted but being in the championship might force me to look elsewhere! Big move to spurs would be nice! £10m+ surely? :p

Josh Wilson has had an amazing season right there and Mike Nevo will have to work hard to match that!

Gamba Goma is really unlucky and City just don't deserve him as they use him as a sub? The manager simply needs shooting.

Agree with both, but as we saw with edoardo lorenzo a step up may prove a bit hard for josh!

As for Goma, my question is WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY - he should be starting no doubt about it. But i doubt he will move, he seems happy enough!

Any way you can arrange for Gamba's agent to have a little "accident"...

Haha i dont think it would change much anyway, he himself is happy at the club, and i think he may be there for a few years unfortunately for you.

January - June 2013- Third season syndrome Pt 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdhd0VCKwMeh5_w5CcqAqSP6YaapxHUC4xmKmu0ch6Eb_gtVMJ&t=1

Hello and welcome to another edition of Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: Hello I am Andy Gray, and with me today for this edition of Future Stars is the one, the only, Richard Keys.

Richard: We start off today travelling to Spain to see the progress of Luke Corcoran

Luke Corcoran (Mc/Amc) - Barcelona B

Andy: The Irish youngster has had an average season with Barcelona B and has been a reguar fixture in the side.

Richard: 24 appearances for the club in Liga Adelante where they finished 16th.

Andy: Only 3 assists in that time, although he did get 2 MOM awards.

Richard: Still enjoying playing for the club and the Irish U21 squad, where he has played 17 times and scored 3 goals.

Report Card - C - Need to step up your game and think about moving club. More assists should come as should the goals we know you are capable of.

Richard Paldaninnii (St/Aml) - Southampton

Andy: 33 games and 6 goals may not sound like a bad return for a player, who has just been relegated from the Premier league with a poor Southampton side.

Richard: However when you take into account his 0 assits and pretty poor performances it may not add up to a great season.

Andy: There is however a chance that Paldaninnii will not be leaving the Premier League after all, as Fulham are thinking about putting in an offer for the £4million man.

Richard: We will wait to see what transpires, but whatever happens the England U21 player will have to up his game if he wants to continue in the top flight.

Report Card - C - Not enough from you this year. Make sure you work on your teamwork, set up your team mates and give more consistent and good performances.

Geraint Alacarde (St/Aml) - Barcelona - £2.7million

Andy: The other Barcelona boy has spent the last 5 months in Portugal with Sporting.

Richard: It may have seemed like a good idea at the time, as he was no longer getting games at Barcelona.

Andy: So off he went to Portugal.

Richard: He has done very well when he has played, with 4 goals in 4 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Andy: However I am sure both Alacarde and Barcelona hoped he would get more playing time.

Report Card - C+ - A good goals to game ratio, but you need to either force your way into the Barcelona set up, or find a loan or permanent move where you will get games.

Mundungus Shacklebolt (Aml/St) - Udinese

Andy: Another below par season for Shacklebolt, in what is turning out to be a dissapointing career.

Richard: Not much to say here really, 5 starts, 13 sub appearances and 2 goals.

Andy: Some good performances, but mostly average or below par.

Richard: Not a good season for the French U21 international.

Report Card - D- - Almost at an F. Either make a move, or start paying to your potential.

Long Tym Quaker (Ml/Aml) - Tenerife

Richard: Tenerife go from one step away from the Liga BBVA last season, to one step away from relegation this season.

Andy: They ended up one place above the drop and some of that may be due to some good performances from our own Long Tym Quaker.

Richard: He was rated as their second best player this season after Daniel Alves (Not to be confused with the idiot Danny Alves)

Andy: He was integral to the squad playing 38 games for the club, one off the bench, and scoring a solitary goal, but playing well with 4 assists and 2 MOM awards.

Richard: However it was his overall performance that impressed people this season.

Report Card - C+ - Some good performances but need to add some more assists and goals to your tally. Also is it time to move club?

Jake Stothard (Mc/Amc) - Sheff Wed

Andy: Stothard took the step up to the Championship pretty well and he grew with the league.

Richard: Not quite as good as in League 1 but with 7 assists and 2 goals from a young central midfielder in a struggling team, who could complain?

Andy: The downside was that his overall play was not the best this season, and it will be something that he needs to work on.

Richard: Another year in the Championship should be a good remedy for that.

Report Card - C+ - A pretty good season but your overall performances stop you from getting the B. Try to become more central to the team. You have the potential now show it.

Mike Nevo (Amc/St) - Rc Lens

Andy: Where to start with this one?

Richard: We certainly saved the best until last.

Andy: A fantastic season. Better than we have ever seen on Future Stars history.

Richard: 23 goals in 42 starts and 1 sub appearance.

Andy: 11 assists and 11 MOM awards.

Richard: Not to mention his player of the month award for February where he scored 4 goals in 5 appearances with an 8.1 average rating.

Andy: Or the fact that he was 3rd in the star of the season award for Ligue 1, and starting striker in the Stars team of the season.

Richard: Add to that 2nd top goalscorer for the league, joint 2nd in assists, 2nd in MOM awards, and 7th in overall ratings.

Andy: Superb.

Richard: Fantastic.

Andy: Amazing.

Richard: There is not much more to say except Rc Lens will have trouble holding on to this star.

Report Card - A+ - TAKE A BOW SON!!

Hopefully now clubs will wake up and see Nevo for what he is, a legend :D Really wasn't expecting anything like that...

Could you tell me his position stats? Like where he played and how well he did.

Legend that is Nevo

May be able to get one more season up before i move away.

However question is, should i do one more season and then holiday for ten years to show what would have happened, adn who was the most expensive player. Or do one more season and take the 50/50 chance that i have time to continue this fully when i move away. With new job, more responsibility, a wife, a new house, a new country, and a masters degree.

Thanks Larry.

Found out i have super toxic e coli - scary, but should clear up with the right course of antibiotics. I am on the mend now, so should be posting an update within the week. This will probably be the final one, and i will upload the save game too :)

Archived