Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesnov2019.png

pltablenov2019.png

Lord knows what happened at the tart of the month against Watford. Well I do actually, I made changes and they didn't work. We were awful, but I take responibility. We bounced back after that though, with Jason Malpass in stunning form. The best performance of the month was at Chelsea, where Malpass displayed the exact reason we signed him - in tight games he comes up with the goods. He was the difference against Everton aswell, with a wonderful hattrick.

Our next game is a trip to the Emirates to face Arsenal.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 2019 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesnov2019.png

cltablenov2019.png

Two good results have kpet our noses infront at the top of our group heading into the final game. As with in the league, Malpass has picked up his performances in the Champions League aswell. He was outstanding in Eindhoven, and despite not scoring in Port gave a good performance. Long may it continue.

Our last group game is at home to Neuchatel Xamax, and we finishing top of the group if we equal Porto's result in Eindhoven.

Tom, check my thread and see if the screenshots are working.

If not, be warned because I have had to delete mine for 'exceeding my limit' on Imageshack. Going to have to go through from P11 onwards and upload again on my thread I think.

Tom, check my thread and see if the screenshots are working.

If not, be warned because I have had to delete mine for 'exceeding my limit' on Imageshack. Going to have to go through from P11 onwards and upload again on my thread I think.

Just do what I've done and create another accunt with a different email address. I have one with my Sky email account and one with a yahoo account only made for the purpose of Imageshack. :thup:

Just do what I've done and create another accunt with a different email address. I have one with my Sky email account and one with a yahoo account only made for the purpose of Imageshack. :thup:

Or use photobucket and get unlimited uploads! :D

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesdec2019.png

pltabledec2019.png

Well the month started poorly with defeat againt title rivals Arsenal, but we bounced back from that with five wins out of five and scoring alot of goals in the process. The Arenal game we dominated possession wie, but didn't create enough. Our goal was a mere consolation late on. The wins at home to Ipswich and then at West Ham were very comfortable, and from then on we exploded. The Hull result could have been by even more, but against Leicester we were superb, and full deserved our 7-0 win. I couldn't believ we scored seven and Jason Malpass didn't get one of them! The month finished with another four goals at home to Aston Villa, usual super sub Martin Trgovcevic started and got a hattrick to stake his claim for a more regular spot in the side.

Or next league game is away againt Newcale on new years day.

League Cup - Quarter Final

lcfixturesdec2019.png

A much changed team put in a good performance, and a comfortable 2-0 win saw us through to the semi finals. We face Arsenal in the semi, with the other being between Norwich and West Ham.

December 2019 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesdec2019.png

cltabledec2019.png

A fairly simple win at home to the Swiss side in our final group game ensured we topped the group by a point. Our reward in the firt knockout round draw for doing so? AC Milan. Just great.

Very good season so far,bet the fans love the entertainment you provide them.

Cheers. :thup:

I wish I knew how the fans felt about our football, but in the board condifence updates they're still more concerned about the sale of Edinson Cavani!

First time I've ever seen a team of the year formation like that. :D

They adapted to accommodate my players. ;)

Malpass has been amazing.

Couldn't have asked for more from him. Playing as the lone striker or at AMR, he's been pretty superb.

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2020 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesjan2020.png

pltablejan2020.png

A near pefect month, with the draw at home to West Brom the only blot on the copy book. We opened the month on New Years Day with a good win at Newcatle, before West Brom came to the Etihad and performed well and got a deserved point. After that we got a hard earned win at Fulham, before finishing the mnth by totally outplaying Liverpool.

Our lead at the top now stands at six points, and our next game is a trickly one - away to Tottenham.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

facfixturesjan2020.png

The League 2 side gave us quite a scare, and it took some of my big name players to come off the bench to win the game for us. In the end though getting through to the next round is the main thing, and we managed that.

We face Middlesbrough in the 4th round.

January 2020 Continued

League Cup - Semi Final

lcfixturesjan2020.png

We are into a second League Cup Final in a row, and for me personally it is a sixth final in seven seasons. We did our best not to make it though, letting a 2-0 lead slip in the home leg before grabbing a stoppage time winner, and then getting battered in the final minutes of the second leg. We saw the barrage of pressure out though to see us through 4-3 on aggregate.

We face West Ham in the final.

Transfer Activity

There was a fair bit of transfer activity through January. We signed four players, and let one, Georges Roy, go out on loan to Spartak Moscow for six months.

Here are the four we signed;

Anthony Owusu

He has arrived from Hertha Berlin for £1.4million, and has three and half star potential. He has some decent stats already, and with good training an tutoring he could turn into a very solid player.

Uwe Strobl

A £1.5million signing from Leverkusen, he could be a good holidng midfielder in the future. His determination can only help him with his development.

Junior Cearense

This young lad excites me. He's set the club back just £3.3million and has four star potential! Unfortunately he hasn't been granted a work permit and in any case he can't play for anyone else until July 2020. Atleast that means he can stay at the club and get tutored from someone.

Kyle Naughton

Another of my old boys from Swansea, he has been brought in as cover at the fullback positions after a couple of my other fullbacks picked up knocks. He's cost a loan fee of £350,000, and I can sign him at the end of the season for £1.6million. Despite his age, I probably will take up the option on him, as Gael Clichy will be 35 by the start of next season.

Time to get on with the rest of the season now!

Announcement

On Thursday I am heading off on holiday for two weeks, so there will be no further updates until May 25th at the earliest. I may get an update posted tomorrow, though given the fact I have a few things to do, such as packing, etc, this is highly unlikely.

I hope you all don't miss my updates to much and end up feeling suicidal waiting for me to return. ;)

Tom.

I think there's an option on one of the FM menu's which allows you to Go on Holiday - I'm sure it won't do any harm whilst your away :D

Would be interesting if he did click that option to see where he would be in the game when he gets back :D.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back from my holibobs. I'm very brown, and frankly 14 nights of getting drunk with my missus and all our friends has left me knackered.

There should be an update over the weekend, but I'm not making any promises.

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2020 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesfeb2020.png

pltablefeb2020.png

A good month for us, with three wins from four extending our lead at the top of the table to seven points. We opened up with a 0-0 draw at Spurs; a poor game, but a point there is always pretty decent. After that though we won three from three, all rather comfortably. The best came at Swansea, although the 2-1 scoreline doesn't sugget so.

Next up in the league is an way trip to Watford, followed by the Manchester derby.

FA Cup - 4th and 5th Rounds

facfixturesfeb2020.png

Two decent perfromances in the cup have seen us through to the quarter finals, where we will face Crystal Palace of the Championship at the Etihad. Another chance at the trophy is looking distinctly possible.

February 2020 Continued

Champions League 1st Knockout Round - 1st Leg

clfixturesfeb2020.png

Not a great performance in truth. We took the lead early on, but then we went in to our shell and that let them come back into it. We had our chances, but they deservedly got the win. Still, going into the second leg at the Etihad we have an away goal, and a 1-0 win would be enough.

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2019/20 - Manchester City

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

lcruntothefinal2020.png

Considering we were drawn at home in every round, (even in the semi final we played at home in the first leg), it wasn't the toughest of runs to the final. Arsenal of course gave us the toughest test, and I went away from rotating the side and instead went all out to win with a very strong side in both legs. We just about managed it, though Arsenal played very well.

The Final

vs.West Ham United

lcfinal2020.png

A second League Cup in a row is secured! A very good performance, and Jason Malpass did what he was bought to do - score goals in the big games. A mention for Joe Hart aswell, who saved a penalty to keep us 1-0 infront just before the half hour mark.

For me personally, it is a sixth League Cup triumph!

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2020 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesmar2020z.png

pltablemar2020.png

Apart from the draw at the start of the month against Watford, it was a terrific month for us. That draw saw Arsenal cut the gap at the top of the league to just five points, and that is how it has remained as we both won our other three games this month. The victory over United was fully deserved, and against Wolves we did excellently to come from behind. We finihed the month off with a terrific win againt Chelsea.

Our next game in the league is a tricky looking one away to Everton.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

facfixturesmar2020.png

A professional performance is probably the best way to describe this. The side was changed around a little, and it maybe could have been more than 2-0 but for poor finishing.

We face rivals Manchester United in the semi final.

March 2020 Continued

League Cup - Final

lcfixturesmar2020.png

A second League Cup in a row secured with an excellent performance against fellow Premier League side West Ham. Jason Malpass repaid a bit of his huge tranfer fee with two goals. Hopefully there will be more to come in other finals.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round - 2nd Leg

clfixturesmar2020.png

Excellent performance to take the tie 4-2 on aggregate. As with the League Cup final, Jason Malpass really stepped up when it counted. Next up in the quarter finals is Barcelona, with the first leg at the Etihad.

How many did he score? (Malpass that is)

So far this season he's got smething like 33 in 38 appearances. He may not add to that though as he has just picked up an injury ruling him out for five weeks. If I'm lucky he'll be back for the last couple of league games.

Doing brilliantly with City,Malpass is absolutely sensational :thup:
Malpass seems to be a constant name in every match :)

It's what you get for £70million! ;)

An Apology

Sorry for the lack of updates in the last few days since the tart of the week. I have been pretty busy with work and what not since getting back from my holiday a week ago.

I have a fair bit on for the start of the weekend, but things (my updates) should be back to normal from Sunday/the start of next week.

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2020 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesapr2020.png

pltableapr2020.png

In terms of results, not a great month, but with three games to go and a game in hand on Arsenal, we know that two wins from those three against Hull (A), Leicester (H), and Aston Villa (A), will see us lift the title.

Everton gave us an excellent game, letting us dominate the possession, but restricting the chances we created; they thoroughly deserved the draw. To make matters wore Jason Malpass picked up an injury that would rule him out for 4-5 weeks. At home to Arsenal we were well worth the win, but espite taking a lead early in the second half we couldn't add to it, and a rare lapse from Kyle Walker gifted them an equalier in the 94th minute. Against Ipswich we simply couldn't find the net - the injury picked up by Jason Malpass back in the Everton was starting to harm us now. We finished the month on a high, clearly buoyed by the fact that Arsenal suffered a shock 3-0 defeat at Fulham two days earlier, thus handing us back the title initiative. West Ham were a woeful as we were excellent, and it should have probably been more.

Our three remaining games should result in three wins, whereas Arsenal have got two London derbies - Tottenham (A), and QPR (H). We should see it out from here.

FA Cup - Semi Final

facfixturesapr2020.png

A real enthralling encounter to say the least. It went one way and then the other, before captain fantastic Vincent Kompany roe in the box head home in the winner, giving us a 3-2 victory after extra time. A great game to be a part of.

In the final e face Chelea, who saw off Newcastle 2-1 in the other semi final.

Archived