Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

That was an amazing unbeaten run. Another league cup in the bag, and flogging Uinted must always be good. Its a shame ManU don't look like dropping points to get you back in the title race, but you've been more than solid in every comp. The lead o ver Porto might be slender, but I think you can hold them off and advance further in the CL. All good stuff really.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brilliant in the League Cup, I always feel kind of bad if I thrash the team I support in real life. Going well in the league but it could be tough to get past Man United, I find unbeaten runs are usually ended by a team I would expect to beat easily. Good luck in the next Champions League match.

I don't know, always feels nice to me to beat the team i support! And i agree overhauling United is going to be really tough for us.

That was quite an incredible unbeaten run in the league! And a great record in the League Cup! :thup:

Good luck with the rest of the season, I'm sure you'll be happy enough finishing second?

Well second would be a good achievement, and a step forward after finishing third last season. But whether i'd be happy with it is another issue.

The league isn't over and done with. It's still winnable.

Which is exactly my thinking. A draw or two for United and we're right back in it!

I approve of the League Cup result :D. Fantastic result!!!

Haha you would!

Woah 6-1 thats a brilliant result

Cheers dude!

Slender against Porto but the advantage is yours.

Indeed. And given our away results in Europe already this season, i think we can finish the job off.

That was an amazing unbeaten run. Another league cup in the bag, and flogging Uinted must always be good. Its a shame ManU don't look like dropping points to get you back in the title race, but you've been more than solid in every comp. The lead o ver Porto might be slender, but I think you can hold them off and advance further in the CL. All good stuff really.

Well in the league it's only seven points, and although it will be difficult, they still have to come to the Liberty in mid April.

Unreal how you have done this with Swansea?! Mediocre players, what tactics you using, make your own??

I think calling the players mediocre and saying it's "unreal" how i've done so well with them displays a lack of understanding of the game. You dont always need the best players to achieve, just players with certain attributtes that fit how you want to play. For instance, with the exception of Leon Britton, none of midfielders have a passing stat of less than 15.

150px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesmar2016.png

pltablemar2016.png

A top month for us, as with three wins from four games closed the gap to United to just one point. Three cleansheets from the four games was also very pleasing. We started with a hard fought win over West Brm, a game that looked like it was going to be 0-0, until that man Scott Sinclair popped up with the winner. The draw against Villa was fair, as both sides created good chances to score but couldn't convert. Against Blackburn we were outstanding, and I was delighted that Carlos Vela got his first for the club to seal the route. And against Chelsea we were superb, bossing the game for the majority.

Our fine form this month earned me a second manager of the month award for the season.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg

& Quarter Final 1st Leg

clfixturesmar2016.png

Away against Porto we put in a superb performance. Yes we only just shaded possession and they had many more shots on goal/on target than us, but many of them were long range efforts. We throughly deserved our 2-0 win and our place in the quarter finals.

Drawn against Manchester City, I always knew getting through the quarter finals would be extremely tough. In the first leg, it proved to be so, as their superior front three (Hazard, Cavani, and Aguero), put me to the sword. It will be very difficult to overcome the two goal deficit in the second leg but we'll give it our best shot. If somehow we manage it, we'll face either Liverpool or Benfica in the second leg.

Fantastic effort against Porto mate, I think if your defenders turn up against City you won't have a problem overcoming the deficit in the second leg. Shame you couldn't grab a win over Villa, who have you and United got in the final seven matches?

Fantastic effort against Porto mate, I think if your defenders turn up against City you won't have a problem overcoming the deficit in the second leg. Shame you couldn't grab a win over Villa, who have you and United got in the final seven matches?

The problem i anticipate against City is the usual one - scoring goals! It's not often against the other big teams that we score more than once.

I'll post who us and United face in our last few games when i'm home from work later. All i know at the minute is that we play Liverpool next at the Liberty, and United travel to Wigan. And after that there is one more game before we meet at the Liberty on April 16th.

Great month to bring yourself back into contention for the league. Great work against Porto as well but it looks like an uphill task against Man City in the return leg.

Great CL progress.

Cheers dude. :thup:

Still looking strong in the league,some great progress you've made in the CL.

It's going to be tough though - four of our final seven games are away from home.

Great month to bring yourself back into contention for the league. Great work against Porto as well but it looks like an uphill task against Man City in the return leg.

It will be yes, but our first seaosn in the Champions League has been excellent.

Good luck against City in the CL, send them out!

I think I may need more than luck!

As promised a few posts above, here are the last six, (would have been seven but the first of those has been played), fixtures for ourselves and Manchrester United;

Swansea City

swansealastsixfixtures2.png

Manchester United

manutdlastsixfixtures20.png

I think it's fair to say they should realistically win the title from this position with the run in they have.

Just spent a nice 2 hours reading thru your thread! WOW what a career path you have taken! :applause:

Setting up a very nice platform with swansea....have a team from wales ever won the champions league before?? you could be in the progress of making history!! :thup:

Just spent a nice 2 hours reading thru your thread! WOW what a career path you have taken! :applause:

Setting up a very nice platform with swansea....have a team from wales ever won the champions league before?? you could be in the progress of making history!! :thup:

Two hours? Blimey I don't think I'd have the patience! Very nice to see that my thread is interesting to people. :)

I don't think a Welsh team has ever won the top division in England, nevermind the Champions League - so either would be a tremendous achievement.

Should......but that game at home to them could be pivotal.

I think I'm so pessimistic on the basis that we have to play four of ur games away from home. Even if we were to win the United game, it could prove irrelevant with their fixtures after that.

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesapril2016.png

pltableapril2016.png

What a cracking month! When we drew at home to Liverpool I thought we had blown it - United won 1-0 at Wigan on the same day and moved three points clear with a goal difference eleven superior than our own. After we exited the Champions League, (see below), we travelled to Arsenal for a Saturday lunchtime kick off, and under heavy pressure held on for a 0-0 draw. Later that day United could only manage a 2-2 draw at home to Ipswich. The gap remained at three points ahead of their visit to the Liberty.

Just three minutes in and United went ahead, but after that it turned into a game much like the League Cup final. We dominated and thoroughly deserved our 4-1 win. Aswell as going level on points with them, the goal difference closed in aswell. A week later and still smarting from the hammering we dished out to them, United lost at home to Wolves, and just a day later we managed a comfortable 2-0 win at Ipswich to move three points clear. And a week further on on the last day of April, we came from behind to take all three points at Wigan with a 2-1 win, as United beat Birmingham by the same scoreline. With the two games to go we need just four points to secure the title!

Champions League - Quarter Final 2nd Leg

clfixturesapril2016.png

Well our Champins League dream is over, but we went out with our heads held high after securing a 1-0 win over Manchester City. We were close to getting a second and taking it to extra time, but just not quite close enough. Still, a 2-1 aggregate exit at quarter final stage is nothing to be ashamed of in our first season in Europes elite competition.

City have gone on to reach the final, thrashing Benfica 8-2 in the semi-finals.

Excellent finish to the season! Shame about the Champions League but I'm sure that will prove great motivation to stay with Swansea another season or two! Just on that, any plans to move on?

Good luck with the rest of the season! :thup:

Excellent finish to the season! Shame about the Champions League but I'm sure that will prove great motivation to stay with Swansea another season or two! Just on that, any plans to move on?

Good luck with the rest of the season! :thup:

I'm just going to wait and see to be honest. If we manage to lift the title then maybe it will be the right time to go. Who knows.

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesmay2016.png

pltablefinaltablemay201.png

Champions!!! Amazing!!!

Going into the final two games of the season we knew what we needed to do - take four points, and the title would be ours. We did better than that as we won both of our games. On Saturday May 7th United put the pressure on us by beating Blton 3-0, but we got the perfect start against Wolves the next day, taking the lead after just a minute. In the end we ran out 2-0 winners, meaning from our final game at Birmingham we would need just a point. For a long time it looked like all we would get was the point we required, but with 28 minutes to go Carlos Vela came on for Papiss Cisse, and after seven minutes on the field he bagged a goal, and then with twelve minutes to go set up another as we completed another 2-0 win and secured the title!

Can you imagine how loved you'd be by the Swansea fans if you pulled this off?

Hmmmm reckon you need to refresh and edit your post. ;)

---------

By the way guys, a full end of season review shuld be posted either tomorrow or Thursday.

Never doubted you for a second mate, congratulations!! Now for the Champions League!

I think alot of credit has to go to the sides that took points off United in the run in. As much as what we timed our final push perfectly, United cracked at just the right time.

As for the Champions League, that will of course depend on whether i am still at the club. The board are still dragging their heels when it comes to advancing the clubs facilities, and i'm not sure they share my ambitions.

I take my hat off to you!!! :applause:.

Cheers. :thup:

Strange how we managed to win the league with less points than last season, when we got 86pts and finished third.

manageroftheyear2016.png

I think I earned it!

vormgoldenglovewinner20.png

Hmmm do you think our success is based on not conceding many?!?!?! Those 18 clean sheet came from 32 appearances, and he conceded just 17 goals.

pfateamoftheyear2016.png

And he's rightfully in the PFA Team Of The Year, along with Danny Welbeck.

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season 2015/16 Review - Swansea City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (1st, Champions)

A cracking achievement for us. At the start of the season I was being typically cautious, aiming juat to qualify for European competition again. What we did manage this season was nothing short of brilliant. The final margin of five points was maybe a bit more than we deserved, but we timed our run at the end of the season perfectly winning our last five games, one of which was over title rivals Manchester United. Repeating this next season will be tough.

FA Cup

Eliminated in the 5th Round

I was aiming to go further, maybe a semi-final place, but getting eliminated in the fifth round wasn't part of my plans. Having said that, being knocked out by Manchester United at Old Trafford is no disgrace.

Surprisingly, Championship side Newcastle won the trophy, defeating Chelsea 2-1 in the final.

League Cup

Winners

Three season in a row now we have lifted the League Cup. Once again we didn't have a particularly tough run - the first three rounds we played we against sides in the divisions below us. After that though we faced Ipswich in the semi-finals, a solid midtable Premier League side, and then we thrashed Manchester United 6-1 in the final. It was a superb performance and I was thrilled to lift the trophy again.

Champions League

Eliminated in the Quarter Finals

We gave a brilliant account of ourselves in our first season in Europes elite competition. Stand out performaces have to be the away draws in Barcelona and Milan, aswell as the win at Porto in the first knockout round. We were so close to taking the Manchester City tie aswell and making it to the semi's, but it wasn't to be. A great experience and one that I hope the Swans can repeat again and again.

Manchester City made it to the final, where they lost 1-0 to mega rich Atletico Madrid.

Other Info

Squad - Transfers - Finances

I'm thrilled with how the players did this season, three players getting double figures for goals, and three getting double figures for assists. Also Joe Allen's pass percentage is just fantastic! A special mentin has to go to Kyle Bartley aswell. He didn't start the season as a first choice centre back, but when he came in for Danny Wilson when he got injured, he really nailed down the position.

A fair amount of money was spent this term on new players, but a massive chunk of that went on Nestor Scmidt. All in all I think we did good deals for both signings and departures. Carlos Vela may have cost a pretty pricey loan fee, but his contribution was solid considering alot of his appearances were as a sub. I'm still undeciced if I'll take up the option to sign him permanently.

As for the finances, they are much better than what they appear. We have just paid out £10.25million for more ground developments, hence the low balance at this time. But also the figures do not include Champions League TV revenue, which I'm guessing will be arounnd the £20million mark, sending our balance soaring.

Top 3 Players

Papiss Cisse

This man had a fantastic campaign. Not in the starting XI at the beginning of the season because I didn't think he could play as a Trequarista, he really showed me! When he got his chance he never let it go. Be it in the Premier League, domestic cups, or Champions League, he scored goals.

Michel Vorm

Our captain is an inspiration. His seasonal stats were phenomenel, and who knows what our season would have been like had it not been for him. A great galkeeper, and a great leader of this team.

Danny Welbeck

He started the campaign slowly, but after the turn of the year he really picked up. He really helped fire us to the title, scoring ten goals and getting five assists in 20 appearances at the end of the season. Another top season from the England man.

What Next

Who knows what's around the corner? I kind of think that I have taken Swansea as far as I can. As I have said before, I don't quite think the chairman and the board share my ambitions. It's all well and good improving the stadium, but what about the training ground, the youth facilities? This is a point that is really annoying me now.

With the European Championships coming up this summer, some international jobs may be available and the managerial merry-go-round will begin. So maybe it is time to move on to pastures new.

Just to let you all know that I have decided to remove some leagues from my save. This is because I won't be managing in those leagues because of how my reputation has improved, (I'm now considerd "World Class", apparently), and also so that there are less players in the save, thus it'll run a touch better in the long term.

I have decided to keep leagues loaded that I have managed in, even though I don't intend on managing in them again. So the South Korean K-League has been kept, as have the lowest leagues in England I have managed in.

I am removing the following leagues;

Brazil - Serie B

England - Blue Square North/South

France - Championnat National

Germany - 3. Liga

Switzerland - Challenge League

The Brazlian league will be removed in January 2017, the rest will happen in June 2016, which is in just a few weeks time in game.

Excellent season Tom. I hope to see you have another season with Swansea to see if you can defend your trophy but who knows!!! I wouldnt blame you to move on if a good job offer came up.

Excellent season Tom. I hope to see you have another season with Swansea to see if you can defend your trophy but who knows!!! I wouldnt blame you to move on if a good job offer came up.

Well regarding that i have had a bit of a brainwave;

I'm going to stick with Swansea, and if the England job becomes available after Euro 2016 i will apply for it. If i get the job i will manage both Swansea and England for a season before leaving The Liberty at the end of the season so i can have a year as fulltime England manager in the run up to the 2018 World Cup.

Just a thought of course, Stuart Pearce may well keep the job after the Euros.

I wonder how the Swansea fans would feel about having the current England manager at the helm!

Probably couldn't care less, given the success and unbridled joy you've brought them.

I will keep my fingers crossed that it happens.

You're just happy i'll be with the Swans for another year!

I wonder how the Swansea fans would feel about having the current England manager at the helm!

Probably couldn't care less, given the success and unbridled joy you've brought them.

Well they dont seem to mind having four members of England Euro 2016 squad - more than any other club, i might add. So i think they'll be ok with it!

Chris Hughton? Times must have been as desperate as they have been for Chelsea on my save.

He didnt do a bad job really to be fair. Is the squad still of a decent standard?

Chris Hughton? Times must have been as desperate as they have been for Chelsea on my save.

He didnt do a bad job really to be fair. Is the squad still of a decent standard?

He took over during my first season with Swansea when they were midtable. He managed to finish fifth that season. He then won the title in first full season, and then came second to me last term.

There squad is still in good, but they haven't spent much over the years so it has stagnated a bit.

Archived