SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on the promotion and good luck this year!

Cheers mate :).

Good promotion but no need to beat United in the pre-season friendly.

Im sure they will get revenge at some point.

Congrats on the promotion. Looks like you had a decent pre-season. Hope a successful season follows

Fingers crossed. Hoping our momentum from last season keeps us going.

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - August 2015 - Darlington FC

League Two

darlingtonfixturesfixtur.png

npowerleague2overviewst.png

What an excellent start to the season. We put in some fantastic performances over the opening months with the cream of the crop coming against near neighbours Hartlepool and away to Walsall. We have played some good attacking football and it showed with the amount of goals we scored. Any worries which I had about Filipe Carvalhinho being to young to handle being the main man were squashed with a fantastic form, cumulating in him winning the Player of the Month Award.

Also, look at the very bottom of the league. Yes, that is Portsmouth sitting there on minus points with their whole squad full of regens thanks to them going into administration.

League Cup

darlingtonfixturesfixtu.png

We exited at the first hurdle in the League Cup which didnt bother me so much because it meant we could focus elsewhere, but we played very well against higher level opposition Rochdale and could have easily won. Plus, I hate losing matches!!!

Great start in the league.

Cheers mate.

Had to replay the Southend game as my laptop crashed. We won 3-0 :p. Luckily the league stayed pretty much the same as the ss above.

Looks like your games going well matey, well done. :thup:

Cheers dude :thup:.

Just lost my first game of the season against Oldham.

Really sick of teams resorting to kicking lumps out of my players to beat me :mad:.

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - September 2015 - Darlington FC

League Two

A dreadful month in more way than one. All our good work in the opening month is undone, confidence has dropped, lack of goals despite dominating and annoying defeats. I suppose I can take heart out the fact that we are still creating chances.

Johnstones Paint Trophy

A solid win in the 1st Round which sets up a 2nd Round tie against League 1 Chesterfield.

Still. hardly a bad position so no urgency to pick it up.
Well done on getting promoted to the Football League, and you've made a strong start too :thup:

Poor old Pompey! :eek:

Cheers lads. Think Im in that typical Football League form at the moment where you dont actually put many wins together.

Pompey are in an awful position. They're bankrupt and the squad is full of their youth side.

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - October 2015 - Darlington FC

League Two

We are in the middle of a bad patch of form. Ive held team meetings which go no reaction out of them, encourage them, tell them there is no pressure in games but its doing nothing. We have Pompey coming up and I really hope we hammer them just so we can get a bit of confidence back.

Johnstones Paint Trophy

darlingtonfixturesfixtut.png

We exit the competition in the 2nd Round against League 1 outfit Chesterfield. We played pretty well and the game didnt really reflect the 3-0 scoreline.

Definitely a bad October! Hopefully you can pull it together and get out of this bad patch :)
Not the best of months but still can be turned around very quickly!
Congrats on 200 games in charge!

Bad month but I'm sure you'll turn it around! Not too far off play off's either.

Congrats on the promotion :thup:

Decent start in league 2. Hopefully you can start to get a consistent run of form going and begin to move up the table.

Cheers lads :thup:.

Think the next update will show how I performed :).

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - November 2015 - Darlington FC

League Two

An excellent turn around after such a poor October. It all started nicely with a great win away to Burton who were sitting 2nd in the table at the time. We went from there and put in a brilliant performance against Portsmouth before a narrow win over Yeovil who made it tough for us due to the new manager syndrome. The month was rounded off nicely with me winning the Manager of the Month Award.

FA Cup

darlingtonfixturesfixtuo.png

A good win over York, a team who I seem to be meeting more often than not since I took charge. It was an excellent game, really end to end stuff but our class showed and we comfortably beat them to set up a 2nd Round tie against Notts County.

Hope your November results can get you momentum in the rest of the season and keep pushing up the table. :thup:

Cheers mate :).

Pretty pleased with how things are going so far (minus October).

Much better in November, hope it continues :)
A great month of results there mate, well done. :thup: Hope it continues the rest of the season.

Cheers lads :thup:.

Going well, but long close pack behind you so can't ease off.

At the half point of the season now and its still looking tight so I definately need to be on the ball.

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - December 2015 - Darlington FC

League Two

npowerleague2overviewstl.png

A frustrating month overall, but we rounded things off with a convincing 4-1 win over Newport County. So at the halfway point of the season we are performing well above expectations and sit nicely in the play-off spots. Of course its tight in there and anyone from Walsall up are in with a shout of the play-offs.

Going into Janaury I feel that I need to make a few signings. A striker with a bit of prescence would be welcome and I feel that I need a bit of quality in the centre of midfield. We have 4 central midfielders, with 3 of them being defensive so I could do with someone who could unlock a defence. Thats my priority areas heading into the transfer window.

FA Cup

A solid win over Blue Square Premier side Notts County to help us reach the 3rd Round of the FA Cup for the first time in my tenure which set up a tie with the other side from Nottingham.

I agree its a frustrating month but not all is lost as your still in play-offs
Atleast you remained unbeaten SRL, thats 1 good thing. Draws are way better than defeats remember. :D

Things could definately be a lot worse :). After 23 games we doing really well.

He looks a very good player.

Can I just ask, what has happened to Portsmouth? They look royally screwed.

I know. Its a sad situation for a club that a lot of people can say they like.....especially when Im in just my 5th season.

They're league positions show that they had a good first season in the Championship but it went downhill from there. They just missed out on survival in both the Championship and League 1. This shows the timeline of their downfall and they are currently bankrupt.

Their squad is made up of their youth team with only Stephen Henderson the only non-regen in the squad. It looks like they're destined for relegation again.

I know. Its a sad situation for a club that a lot of people can say they like.....especially when Im in just my 5th season.

They're league positions show that they had a good first season in the Championship but it went downhill from there. They just missed out on survival in both the Championship and League 1. This shows the timeline of their downfall and they are currently bankrupt.

Their squad is made up of their youth team with only Stephen Henderson the only non-regen in the squad. It looks like they're destined for relegation again.

Thanks for going into the effort to show me that :)

It's a bad situation for them and at this rate it looks like they won't be coming back up for a while. Tbh I'd love to take over Portsmouth on that save and try to re-build them. It would be a fantastic challenge I think.

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - January 2016 - Darlington FC

Transfer(s)

Miles John

Just the one arrival in January. I mentioned that I needed to add something different to my midfield and I feel I have achieved that with this signing. Playing well as a DLP.

League Two

darlingtonfixturesfixtux.png

npowerleague2overviewstn.png

A good month with just the one slip up against Hartlepool. We have finally been able to take control of games which showed with the results against Shrewsbury and Walsall. We lacked that clincal edge against struggling Port Vale and underperforming Southend, but we got away with the wins to leave us sitting nicely in 3rd place after 28 games. If you had told me at this stage of the season that this is where we would be sitting I would have bit your hand off so I am obviously delighted with our showing. With our form being as good as it is, I am confident enough that we can finish in at least the play-offs this season.

FA Cup

An expected exit at the hands of Championship side Nottingham Forest. We fought well, but ultimately they were to strong and our FA Cup journey was over. The game brought in £70k which was a big help to our finances.

Thanks for going into the effort to show me that :)

It's a bad situation for them and at this rate it looks like they won't be coming back up for a while. Tbh I'd love to take over Portsmouth on that save and try to re-build them. It would be a fantastic challenge I think.

No problem mate :).

I think if I was still managing abroad and was offered the opportunity to manage them I would take it, but with me building my reputation up nicely in England in charge of Darlington I wouldnt want to take a backwards step in my career to a side who are pretty much garunteed relegation.

No problem mate :).

I think if I was still managing abroad and was offered the opportunity to manage them I would take it, but with me building my reputation up nicely in England in charge of Darlington I wouldnt want to take a backwards step in my career to a side who are pretty much garunteed relegation.

Ah, that's understandable.

Another good month for results I see. You have a nice goal difference there too.

A brilliant month compared to September! Brilliant read!

Just noticed I missed this comment. Cheers for the compliment mate :).

Looking much better after a couple of strong months :thup:

We are definately right in contention now thanks to the Christmas period.

Looking good, shame it's not the same in real life. :thup:

Tell me about it mate. Cant believe how backwards that club has gone in the last few years.

Leagues looking good mate, first season promotion on the cards, keep going! :D
Looking good so far,hope you can maintain that form.

Cheers fella's :thup:.

Loading my save up now.

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - February 2016 - Darlington FC

League Two

darlingtonfixturesfixtus.png

A bit of an up and down month, but we lost just one game during February and we rounded it off nicely with a 3-2 win away AFC Wimbledon. Im really suprised at how well we have taken to this league. We have by far the best goal scoring record and one of the best defences. I keep thining that we're going to fold, but we just keep going. Really proud of the lads for continuing our fine form throughout the season.

Archived