FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it will only effect what you change, so unless you actually change the attendences on that screen then no it won't effect it.

This is true :)

Does anyone know what attendances will be generated if they're set to 0? Will they be based on club reps?, or will they literally be around zero (i.e. one man and his dog attendances). I haven't tried this myself but if someone who has prior knowledge can verify wether a 0 for attendance in the database is another random generator it'll save a lot of time when it comes to doing the attendances.

Well, this Youth rep thing is going to take days, it's all the way through the pyramid from top to bottom

Hmmm. If its like that on the original DB then maybe its not a problem since I can't recall ever seeing brilliant youth players coming out of the youth teams of L2, Conf, BSN/S clubs before. Maybe the only bearing on youth quality is down to the club facilities, that we've already done?

If Golden Eagles has edited ALL the clubs' youth teams from the Premiership to L14 then it could be a problem, but I don't see why he would touch Prem-BSN/S youth teams?

Hmmm. If its like that on the original DB then maybe its not a problem since I can't recall ever seeing brilliant youth players coming out of the youth teams of L2, Conf, BSN/S clubs before. Maybe the only bearing on youth quality is down to the club facilities, that we've already done?

If Golden Eagles has edited ALL the clubs' youth teams from the Premiership to L14 then it could be a problem, but I don't see why he would touch Prem-BSN/S youth teams?

Search a Premiership team, theres a Under 18's bit at the bottom left, rep and attendances like Level 14 as he has recreated the whole Youth setup

Search a Premiership team, theres a Under 18's bit at the bottom left, rep and attendances like Level 14 as he has recreated the whole Youth setup

Yeah :(

Ok this is a big problem unless someone who has played a few games already can let us know what bearing this (if any) has. For example, are youth team fixtures being attended by big 10K crowds, and what sort of players - attribute-wise - are they generating.

So, what's actually being fixed now on the database? I can't be arssed to scroll up and read all the comments.

The major problem is the quality of the U18 teams' reputation, which could effect the quality of the players they generate.

GE has re-written the whole youth setup, but unfortunately he has left the youth team reputations at 1000 (along with attendances for youth games at 10,000, a side issue).

The other problems are easily fixed, and have been... which where the club facilities being too high for the club status. Its the youth problem that basically makes the game unbalanced.

Its only natural that something like this would pop up. GE has done a fantastic job, and done it alone, and these things happen. So I hope people realise we aren't critising the immense work he put in. We're just trying to fix this problem.

There are a few solutions...

1.. either we're wrong, and U18 reputation has a negligible effect on the quality of players they generate and only effects the quantity they sign. In which case there's nothing to worry about.

2.. or the rep has a big influence... which leads to point 3...

3.. it'll be a massive job editing the reps of 3,331 U18 teams.

I wouldn't be suprised if GE is on holiday, burned out! So maybe if there were enough volunteers to help edit the reps and attendances of all the U18 teams we could get it done within a few days?

Anyway, thats about it (so far).

First of all, Thank you GE!! Massive work and incredible achievement!! So, as far i could understand is that the youth reps and attendance are wrong and the senior teams rep's and attend's are ok?

?

3,331 u18 is huge, but GE made 95% of the work!!

GE has done a fantastic job, and done it alone, and these things happen. So I hope people realise we aren't critising the immense work he put in. We're just trying to fix this problem.

I wouldn't be suprised if GE is on holiday, burned out! So maybe if there were enough volunteers to help edit the reps and attendances of all the U18 teams we could get it done within a few days?

That's what I figured. It's great that there are people around who can help fix issues like this and although I have the experience of doing this myself I just don't have the time this year (due to university, work, interviews, travelling etc.) else I would have offered myself to help concur this massive challenge.

But as we expected, there will be always be issues with the scale of the database that has been created, i'm just glad someones done it and people are able to fix it.

Also to add to that list:

4.. I cannot change the promotion issues with the Regional Premier and Regional First Divisions to incorporate Promotion Play-Offs, I keep getting a error

What's the error? Are you adding them separately or as one big play off for each parent competition?

I add a Play-Off from the Regional Premier Divisions and the Regional Division 1's instead of 2 automatic spots and I keep getting THIS

Set your promotions/relegations on the parent competitions to 0, 0. Then add your play-offs separately on each division. Set 1 promotion (automatic) and 4 relegations for each child competition.

Do the same for Regional First Divisions but instead of 4 relegations, put 2. Then you can put a relegation play-off (on the parent competition as a whole) between 6 teams and 2 get relegated.

Let me know what happens when you do this please.

Set your promotions/relegations on the parent competitions to 0, 0. Then add your play-offs separately on each division. Set 1 promotion (automatic) and 4 relegations for each child competition.

Do the same for Regional First Divisions but instead of 4 relegations, put 2. Then you can put a relegation play-off (on the parent competition as a whole) between 6 teams and 2 get relegated.

Let me know what happens when you do this please.

Thanks for that, that is the Play-Offs sorted for those divisions, all thats left to do now is to go through every Youth team and change the reputations and attendances

Thanks for that, that is the Play-Offs sorted for those divisions, all thats left to do now is to go through every Youth team and change the reputations and attendances

No problem, pleased to have helped. The relegation play-off gets the 20th placed team in all Level 8 divisions apart from the Southern 1 South/West where it's the 19th.

Does every league at Level 9 have 1 promotion on?

Can you mass edit them or is it a case of one-by-one (youth teams)?

No problem, pleased to have helped. The relegation play-off gets the 20th placed team in all Level 8 divisions apart from the Southern 1 South/West where it's the 19th.

Looks like its one by one on the Youth teams.

I have left the relegation spots as GE put them as they feed the Level 9 clubs

i think you can mass edit them, surely they are all the same type of team so you would need to sort by team type to bring up just the youth teams then you could do it one division at a time or something to make it quicker.

quoting you so you see this too, basicaly they should all be youth teams and i think you can mass edit them by sorting through by team type in a similar way to how spanish teams have b teams. i know this should allow you to see them all but not sire f you can definately then mass edit them.

U18 teams can't be mass edited, so its a one-by-one process unfortunately.

When Dan has finished the play off fixes I'll merge it with the club facility fix db and link it on here for people to download.

If anyone wants to help edit the U18 reps and attendances the db will be available for them to download. But it'd be a good idea if editors posted on here which clubs/leagues they're editing so people don't do the same ones.

quoting you so you see this too, basicaly they should all be youth teams and i think you can mass edit them by sorting through by team type in a similar way to how spanish teams have b teams. i know this should allow you to see them all but not sire f you can definately then mass edit them.

I've looked but can't seem to find a way to do a mass edit on U18 teams. :-/

Thought so :(

Should be 2 in each sub-division going down from Level 8 (minus the play-off) and 1 promotion from each Level 9 league so promotions/relegations should equal 14.

hey Dan, I know a bit about editting, I can help you with the U18 things, only thing I need to know is what do I have to edit in att en rep and wich levels I have to do? So the more help there is...the sooner it will be ready, so if there are more peepz who can edit, any help is welcome i supose, only thing that we need is your update db:). let me know if I can help out.

Cheerssss

I've looked but can't seem to find a way to do a mass edit on U18 teams. :-/

maybe it's something that's changed as i'm sure i managed to remove a few of the german 2nd teams on fm10's data editor when trying to sort a world league with reserve teams instead of the german and spanish systems.

maybe it's something that's changed as i'm sure i managed to remove a few of the german 2nd teams on fm10's data editor when trying to sort a world league with reserve teams instead of the german and spanish systems.

It seems possible to edit a few at a time, but its hit and miss. Sometimes when you highlight a block of 3 or 4 clubs to edit, the U18 details appear, and sometimes they don't. I have no idea why though :confused:

hey Dan, I know a bit about editting, I can help you with the U18 things, only thing I need to know is what do I have to edit in att en rep and wich levels I have to do? So the more help there is...the sooner it will be ready, so if there are more peepz who can edit, any help is welcome i supose, only thing that we need is your update db:). let me know if I can help out.

Cheerssss

This screenshot shows you what needs to be edited.

youth.jpg

We all need to use the same database (which will be available for download on here as soon as its ready), and we all need to state which teams/leagues we're going to edit.

Once its done, all the individual databases can be uploaded and merged back into one DB again.

This screenshot shows you what needs to be edited.

youth.jpg

We all need to use the same database (which will be available for download on here as soon as its ready), and we all need to state which teams/leagues we're going to edit.

Once its done, all the individual databases can be uploaded and merged back into one DB again.

so just 1000 for rep and 10.000 for att, min and max? I can do that no problem:), wich db do I need? And wich levels has to be done? And wich levels do I start and you? This because fi you edit level 14 and me to that double work:D

so just 1000 for rep and 10.000 for att, min and max? I can do that no problem:), wich db do I need? And wich levels has to be done? And wich levels do I start and you? This because fi you edit level 14 and me to that double work:D

We need the reputations to go down and the min max average attendances to be put down as well

12 games in, 162 scored. Am starting a different save entirely until this has a stable release, as fun as it is to win easy!

Best of luck guys, and thanks GE once again for the fantastic effort.

What are the attendances like in the Youth Leagues?

The reps have to be lowered from 1000 to 1 for Level 14 u18 teams.

The attendances have to be lowered from 10,000 to 0 for level 14 u18 teams.

I'm not sure what we should set them for for the Premiership, Championship, L1, L2... etc all the way down to level 14 so maybe we should have a consesus of what people think they should be before we start?

We need the reputations to go down and the min max average attendances to be put down as well[/quote

Ok i understand that, but to wich number for att, min and max en for rep.?

As Erimus has put above, Step 14 is easy, it's just moving them up with each step

The reps have to be lowered from 1000 to 1 for Level 14 u18 teams.

The attendances have to be lowered from 10,000 to 0 for level 14 u18 teams.

I'm not sure what we should set them for for the Premiership, Championship, L1, L2... etc all the way down to level 14 so maybe we should have a consesus of what people think they should be before we start?

NO! Do NOT put them to zero, or you'll end up doing them all again when it doesn't work! Setting 0 attendances normally has them around the 250-500 mark in the game from my experience. 1 is a better bet.

Archived