FM12 Stadium Background project (1920x1080, 1920x1200 or 1600x1200)

geordie1981

In a bit of a rush. No worries mate, it was equal responsibility to let each other know what's what so I'm in no way blameless. The PM's over at susie or FMView, if you prefer, are still open I think so just let me know in there how much time you can give or which leagues you want to do and it's back on. Also I know you're a writer so if you want to make changes or add anything to the OP then same deal. Nice one.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel the love :)

And as another request if you could also please keep the 1920 x 1200 resolution option for us wide screen players please?

While I love and use both packs Geordie's option for the larger resolution is a welcome additon as the pictures aren't stretched on my larger monitor.

Cheers

They are both high quality however these are in a higher resolution so quality-wise it depends on how big your monitor is really.

Jon's packs definitely cover a lot more ground.

These were made with FM12 in mind so the pic for Brighton is the AMEX and for Juve the Juventus Arena etc whilst Jon's were made for FM11 so Brighton will have the Withdean and Juve will have Olimpico.

Promotions, relegations and match-fixing scandals since last season mean that I have some pics that he doesn't for certain teams and vice versa.

That's about it.

They are both high quality however these are in a higher resolution so quality-wise it depends on how big your monitor is really.

Jon's packs definitely cover a lot more ground.

These were made with FM12 in mind so the pic for Brighton is the AMEX and for Juve the Juventus Arena etc whilst Jon's were made for FM11 so Brighton will have the Withdean and Juve will have Olimpico.

Promotions, relegations and match-fixing scandals since last season mean that I have some pics that he doesn't for certain teams and vice versa.

That's about it.

ok,cool. Thanks for that. Wish there was a way of having both~~

You couldn't make the Brighton Amex background one with Palace players celebrating in the bkground ( the first ever team to win a league match) at the Amex could you??? :D hahaha

No problems,

@ Palace_Guard :D I've actually just checked and can't believe that there actually is a pic like the one you've described, not great like, but yours if you want it.

ha ha ha, all good mate. didnt think you would literally look for it. I'll just have to smash them in my game as well!!!

cheers pal

It only took 5 seconds :). I've got a program that allows me to search through almost every pic taken for each stadium in about 5 mins, which is great because it means I can find the best pic (in my eyes) for each club without just settling for the first decent one I come to.

I've got an Australain request coming out in two hours and I've just noticed a little difference in the way the configs work for National teams as opposed to clubs.

If you've got my England pack, open the config for the 0. Misc. folder in notepad and change the following lines so that Wembley will show up on the Nation page rather than just the team and matchday screens;

<record from="team gb" to="graphics/pictures/club/145174/background"/>

<record from="england" to="graphics/pictures/club/765/background"/>

change to;

<record from="team gb" to="graphics/pictures/nation/145174/background"/>

<record from="england" to="graphics/pictures/nation/765/background"/>

I'll also post a new config when I get back.

Requested over at susie.

Here is Australia, all 10 A-League sides and both National Stadiums. There's some in-fighting about which is the true National stadium so I've put MCG on the team screen and The ANZ on the nation info screen, Melbourne Victory have two stadiums so I've done the same for them, different one on each screen.

Download

16:9 (1920x1080) DOWNLOAD

16:10 (1920X1200) DOWNLOAD

4:3 (1600X1200) DOWNLOAD

Extract to;

Win Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/graphics\backgrounds

or whichever graphics folder your working faces, kits and logos are located. If you don't have a backgrounds folder then create one.

Screenshots

MelbourneVictoryFCSquad_Players.png

SydneyFCSquad_Players.png

Good work on the Australia pack geordie, one question on the russian stadiums you have done.

You have CSKA Moscow set to the Luzhniki but in game they don't play there they play at the CSKA-Peschanoye. Is there any chance you could change this in the next update you release if its not any trouble.

Cheers lads.

Yeah chica, I spotted that whilst I was making them and not knowing what was best to do I went with the in-game data which had them playing at Luzhniki when I made the pack. I've just checked and It looks like they must've fixed it with one of the updates because they've got them down as moving into Luzhniki in 2013 now. Anyways I'll make a new Russia pack next.

Right I've checked, double-checked and loaded up the game and checked some more and basically the current pack is correct as far as in-game data is concerned.

CSKA are down as playing at the Luzhniki until 2013 at which point they'll move into the new CSKA-Peschanoye which hasn't been built yet. So what I'll do is have a look around for a decent render of what the stadium is going to look like and I'll send it to you along with the config, if I can find one that is.

This is what the stadium currently looks like so finding a render is the best I can do.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=481413&page=8

From what I can understand, the CSKA Moscow stadium situation is kind of messy. The CSKA-Peschanoye is the new stadium they should be moving to in 2013. The English name is just something like CSKA Moscow Stadium at this point. Luzhniki is where the club has been playing Champions League matches but their league matches have been played mostly at Arena Khimki, at least according to the club website.

BTW, fantastic work on these Geordie. They make a lovely difference in the look of the game.

Edit - and beat to it. The CSKA website has some info on the new stadium - they may have some pics...?

From what I can understand, the CSKA Moscow stadium situation is kind of messy.

I thought this was the case after searching it up myself.

I myself wouldn't bother geordie it's only one stadium, if I'd of known it was messed up i wouldn't of mentioned it. I thought they played in the CSKA-Peschanoye from the start because in game it doesn't have that they moved in 2013.

hmmm, safc 1879, subtle. Half of my family are mackems so I won't hold a grudge.

Firstly you need a filter, download the base dark bg skin http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279828-Football-Manager-2012-Base-Skins from here and then download the files and follow the instructions in this post http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279828-Football-Manager-2012-Base-Skins?p=7194352&viewfull=1#post7194352. Then open the global panels.xml of the skin in notepad and set top padding container height to 0.

Secondly the jagged lines are either because you're playing in windowed mode which is distorting the pics (so this will happen no matter what pack you use) or you have downloaded the wrong size pack for your monitor.

Edit; In fact the bolded part is exactly what you've done, download the 1920x1080 pack instead.

It only took 5 seconds :). I've got a program that allows me to search through almost every pic taken for each stadium in about 5 mins, which is great because it means I can find the best pic (in my eyes) for each club without just settling for the first decent one I come to.

I've got an Australain request coming out in two hours and I've just noticed a little difference in the way the configs work for National teams as opposed to clubs.

If you've got my England pack, open the config for the 0. Misc. folder in notepad and change the following lines so that Wembley will show up on the Nation page rather than just the team and matchday screens;

change to;

<record from="team gb" to="graphics/pictures/nation/145174/background"/>

<record from="england" to="graphics/pictures/nation/765/background"/>

I'll also post a new config when I get back.

i am so confused by this post. i want to know how to do this but i dont think my brain can think this way!!! :confused: :o

I can see 4 lines saying:

twice each with a space in between. do i change all four lines or just two of them & keep the other two?

Here is the new config to allow Wembley to show up on the Nation info screen as well as the screens it already shows up on. http://www.gamefront.com/files/20995267/config.rar

Extract to the '0. Misc' folder of the England pack and hit yes to overwrite.

please ignore my other post! i should have just kept reading. ive done this instead. much easier!! :lol::applause:

Hi Georgie1981,

I've extracted your both your superpack and England update to the following file path My Docs/SI/FM12/Graphics/Backgrounds but nothing is showing up on game play. I've reloaded the skin (i'm using Scorpios) but still no joy. I've even tried installing it in the Scorpios Skin Graphics folder but can't get it to show from there either. Any ideas??

Thanks.

If you put them in the same graphics folder that your working faces, logos are and they still aren't showing then it's probably just a case of ticking the show background pictures box in the display and sound menu ingame and reloading the skin.

Georgie, The "show backgrounds" boxed is ticked along with "Show Stadiums" Have reloaded the skin again but still not showing.

Hi Georgie1981,

I've extracted your both your superpack and England update to the following file path My Docs/SI/FM12/Graphics/Backgrounds but nothing is showing up on game play. I've reloaded the skin (i'm using Scorpios) but still no joy. I've even tried installing it in the Scorpios Skin Graphics folder but can't get it to show from there either. Any ideas??

Thanks.

It may also be that the skin that you are using does not allow backgrounds to appear, you may want to enquire with the maker of the skin. :)

He will be now, don't worry.

The scorpio skin allows backgrounds I took the English screenshots with it so it's not that. He must be using Daz' backgrounds, in which case the game is probably picking up the numbers in those filenames before the names in these. If what I've said is correct then check the matchday screen to see if they show up there. If not then that's me stumped.

He will be now, don't worry.

The scorpio skin allows backgrounds I took the English screenshots with it so it's not that. He must be using Daz' backgrounds, in which case the game is probably picking up the numbers in those filenames before the names in these. If what I've said is correct then check the matchday screen to see if they show up there. If not then that's me stumped.

Georgie, backgrounds not showing at all on anything, will try a different skin just incase it's Scorpios thats causing the problem.

Oddly, they were fine with me using scorpio until just now. Without doing anything in any folders or preferences they just disappeared and I get a grey background. Spookily the only background I've now got is one I made myself and stuck in the Scottish Highland League folder. I'm going to try reloading the skin to see if they come back.

Well I've got them back. I unwisely went to update to patch 12.0.4 and Steam made me reinstall the whole game, taking all night. Anyway, got the pics back now. Maybe the quicker way is to close and reopen FM12.

Have you deleted the England folder from the superpack, might be causing a bit of config confusion within the game. Same with any other backgrounds you might have.

If it's not that then when I get back in in an hour or two I'll download both and run a test to see what might be happening.

Oddly, they were fine with me using scorpio until just now. Without doing anything in any folders or preferences they just disappeared and I get a grey background. Spookily the only background I've now got is one I made myself and stuck in the Scottish Highland League folder. I'm going to try reloading the skin to see if they come back.

Well I've got them back. I unwisely went to update to patch 12.0.4 and Steam made me reinstall the whole game, taking all night. Anyway, got the pics back now. Maybe the quicker way is to close and reopen FM12.

Hi mate I would not put stadiums in same folder as my backgrounds...unless you change the config files.

geordie sorry to be a pain, i have downloaded the english only pics and they work fine. However your superpack i also downloaded but they dont seem to appear any help i would be grateful

I've ran that little test, downloaded them both without deleting the England folder from the superpack (guess you only need to do that save space on your hard drive) and they're showing up in my game still.

So I'm struggling with this one, are you sure you extracted the superpack to right location? Seems a bit strange that one would show up and not the other.

If they are in the correct location then did you have the game running when you downloaded the superpack? If so then it might be just a case of reloading the skin/game and they'll probably show up then.

I don't know tbh.

Archived