FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aldojags - congrats on ANOTHER league title. You have got france well and truly sewn up now. Time to conquer Europe!

Duccio - seriously unlucky mate… good luck with Real Avila. Unlucky missing out on promotion this season. Hopefully you can make the step next year.

Marty78 - good luck mate. Sounds like you’re in a really strong position…

People are so polite in this thread. Thanks for your good luck wishes again rlipscombe. Quadruple you say marty78, I'm not sure if I've ever won quadruple. Well done.

Meanwhile Real Ávila have signed Miki Roqué... :(

Well done on completing this Marty. I remember when I started (and failed) with AS Cannes. Cant believe it was before you! If only I hadnt got the sack :D

I think I'll try this again. Fancying Scotland a lot...

150px-AS_Cannes_New_Logo.jpg

AS CANNES - SEASON 2023/24

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

The group stages were tight this year due to the performances of surprise package FC Twente who were responsible for knocking holders Man Utd out of the competition. With wins against Valencia, Inter Milan (away goals) and Real Madrid we then met fellow French side Olympique Marseille in the final. I was perhaps a little lucky to meet a team I beat time and again domestically. AS Cannes win the European Champions League with a 1-0 win, although to be fair we were unlucky not to add to that with our 5 CCC to OM's 0.

LIGUE 1

Although we finished 10 points clear it was actually much tighter than that and only OM's implosion at the death allowed us such a large margin of victory. In spite of this I am disappointed with our performances this year and will create 3 new tactics from scratch during the off season to play the more attractive football of the last couple of years.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

FRENCH CUP

Another cup win with a 2-0 win in the final against Havre AC, although we played awful and were very lucky to walk away with a win. I almost felt guilty as if I had lost like that I would be fuming.

COUPE DE LA LIGUE

We used a few young players in this years cup and four homegrown finished on the pitch to see us lift the cup with a 2-0 win.

TRANSFERS

Most of this years transfers are youngsters with high potential so very few have had an impact on the first team. I will give one of them a mention though. I signed a forward in January as I felt we needed another striker due to injuries and poor form. I sold Graham Wakefield for £5m as he had been savaged by injury in the last couple of seasons and was considered no longer good enough. I replaced him with Mirko Damjanovic.

SQUAD

Not going to go into too much detail with the players as few actually stood out as it was more of a team effort. Strangely I felt this year we played some of our poorest football for a few years yet we had our best season in terms of trophies.

Magro - My best striker had the most goals and highest average rating in Ligue 1.

Richard Basit - One of the highest rated players in the squad.

Chagas - Wish I had a few more like him. Lots of goals from indirect free-kicks. I set to aim for strongest header. Nominated for World player of the year.

Jonathon Payne - I have struggled to find wingers and would like another like him to play on the left wing.

RESERVES

UNDER 19'S

This years youth intake has 4 players that received youth contracts:

Richard Dobis

Adel Guerin

Alexandre Deblanche

Erdogan Yigit

FINANCES

We are in a great financial position after our great success this year and with a new stadium opening the future looks bright. If we can a wage budget close to Lyon and PSG we could dominate for many years to come.

Congrats Marty. Great to see a completion!

Also, I qualified from the group stages of the Europa League! Beat Rangers 3-0 at home to sneak 2nd place over Ajax. They were first going into the last game but they lost to Dinamo Moscow who finished top. Beat Ajax on head to head. And even then it was because I drew 0-0 at home and 1-1 away!

And I shall be playing Lille in the 1st Knockout Round.

KielLogo.png

Holstein Kiel - 2026/2027

Season Overview

League Finish - 1st

Media Prediction - 2nd

Average Attendance - 22639

Transfers

Took a break from the transfer market and only signed one backup goalkeeper.

Bundesliga

League Table

Graph

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Team of the Year

It's been tougher this year because Bayern actually started playing football again and we fought for the title until the last game. We didn't have the best start to the season but we picked ourselves up and managed to win the title again in the final game with a win at home against Dortmund.

German Cup

Fixtures

Managed to get to quarter-finals where we lost against Bayern.

Champions League

Fixtures

Group Stage

The group stage was fairly easy and we only lost to R. Madrid and even then it was pretty close.

1st Knockout Round

This stage is starting to freak me out. I can't seem to get past it. This year we faced last season's finalists At. Madrid. We got a 0-0 draw in the first game at home and we lost 2-0 away. Another year another disappointment. I guess i'll have to wait a few more seasons until my players get more experience.

The Squad

First Eleven

GK - Madson - <46 Apps, 38 Allowed, 19 Shutouts, 7.03 Av R> - Team of the Year

DR - Jaguaré - <34 Apps, 1 Assist, 7.15 Av R>

DC - Hugo Cano - <40(4) Apps, 3 Goals, 2 Assists, 7.29 Av R> - Team of the Year

DC - Nabil Dubois - <46 Apps, 3 Goals, 2 Assists, 3 MoM, 7.25 Av R>

DL - Alessio Natale - <34(1) Apps, 4 Assists, 2 MoM, 7.34 Av R> - Team of the Year

CM - Esteban Mansilla - <24(2) Apps, 1 Assist, 6.99 Av R>

CM - Joel - <45(1) Apps, 10 Goals, 25 Assists, 2 MoM, 7.38 Av R - Team of the Year

AMR - Silva - <43 Apps, 16 Goals, 13 Assists, 3 MoM, 7.45 Av R>

AMC - André - <42(2) Apps, 9 Goals, 11 Assists, 3 MoM, 7.28 Av R> - Team of the Year

AML - Gil - <25(9) Apps, 8 Goals, 8 Assists, 4MoM, 7.22 Av R>

ST - Lucas Roa - <42(3) Apps, 48 Goals, 17 Assists, 14 MoM, 7.85 Av R> - Team of the Year and Europe's Top Marksman with 70 points.

Others

Fernando Motta - <9(21) Apps, 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 MoM, 7.06 Av R>

Conclusions and plans for the future

As far as Bundesliga goes it has been a good season. When it comes to CL it's clear to me now that it can't be done without experienced players. My style of management of searching for young talent and developing this players has no chance of winning Champions League. I like this style though and i will not give up on it so i will just wait untill the players i have get mature enough to face the likes of Barcelona and win the games.

Kiel History

[b]Season             League                         Position                     Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7853130&viewfull=1#post7853130"]2012/2013[/url]          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7877117&viewfull=1#post7877117"]2013/2014[/url]          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7887550&viewfull=1#post7887550"]2014/2015[/url]          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7915217&viewfull=1#post7915217"]2015/2016[/url]          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7916502&viewfull=1#post7916502"]2016/2017[/url]          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7923190&viewfull=1#post7923190"]2017/2018[/url]          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7932142&viewfull=1#post7932142"]2018/2019[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          Qualified for Champions League, German Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2019/2020[/url]          Bundesliga                     3rd                          Qualified for Champions League, EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2020/2021[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7951591&viewfull=1#post7951591"]2021/2022[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7955671&viewfull=1#post7955671"]2022/2023[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7960111&viewfull=1#post7960111"]2023/2024[/url]          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round, German Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7966939&viewfull=1#post7966939"]2024/2025[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7971981&viewfull=1#post7971981"]2025/2026[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7976579&viewfull=1#post7976579"]2026/2027[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round

Competition Winners

[b]Season          Bundesliga          German Cup          Champions League          EURO Cup                Euro Champ          World Cup[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013       FC Bayern           Stuttgart           R. Madrid                 Man City            
2013/2014       Schalke             Leverkusen          R. Madrid                 Olympique Lyonnais                          Scotland
2014/2015       FC Bayern           Koln                Benfica                   Liverpool
2015/2016       FC Bayern           Leverkusen          Man Utd                   Roma                    Belgium
2016/2017       Leverkusen          FC Bayern           Barcelona                 Sporting
2017/2018       FC Bayern           Hoffenheim          Liverpool                 OM                                          Belgium
2018/2019       FC Bayern           Kiel                FC Bayern                 Man City
2019/2020       FC Bayern           Koln                Man Utd                   Juventus                Germany
2020/2021       FC Bayern           FC Bayern           At. Marid                 Valencia
2021/2022       FC Bayern           Mainz               Barcelona                 Sevilla                                     Croatia
2022/2023       Kiel                Mainz               Barcelona                 At. Bilbao
2023/2024       FC Bayern           Dortmund            Barcelona                 Roma                    Belgium
2024/2025       Kiel                Schalke             Inter                     Valencia            
2025/2026       Kiel                Mainz               Inter                     Benfica                                     Spain         
2026/2027       Kiel                Frankfurt           Inter                     Juventus                                      

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhwpkLiUUq2pbmW-SMbOe-5kUrZCzB82igqlyHcM8KuH-Xiqd8xg

I've decided to go as a Turkish club due to no one having a completion in Turkey (Hopefully I will be the first!). I'm just going to call them Diskispor because anything else would be impossible.

Manager Information

Manager Profile

Club Overview

Squad

Club Information

Thoughts

We're predicted to finish last so there is no real expectation. Hopefully I can avoid relegation though and push for promotion in the following season. The clubs at this level are all professional which is quite impressive compared to nations like Belgium whose third level is partially amateur. We have a small stadium so there is only one way we can go in terms of that (although I hope I dont end up getting a spanking new 4k capacity stadium 2 years into the save, to have to wait 20 seasons for a new one). The squad looks thin but I have a very large wage budget so I doubt many of them will survive the step up. I Will update you all with my first end of season report in a few days.

Good luck :thup:

Congrats on retaining the league Andy, pity about the CL again! :thdn:

Had to reject the Schalke job and the Republic of Ireland job in recent times. Into the German Cup Quarter Final which is nice. All teams so far have been below the Bundesliga though so not a huge challenge.

Andy Sava-You seem to have cracked Germany but you are left desiring a bit of luck in the champions league. This is what is irritating somtimes about this challenge I suppose, how the champions league part of it is a bit luck of the draw. It might take someone 10 years to win it, whereas another will do it in a few seasons. However I suppose it will keep your interest in the save as there is still something to do and aim for :).

Well that's a short club name :D Good luck in Turkey

EDIT: Bundesliga is ok now, i only fear Bayern stealing my titles. I think next season will be even closer since Bayern is geting hungry after 3 failed seasons.

Well that's a short club name :D Good luck in Turkey

EDIT: Bundesliga is ok now, i only fear Bayern stealing my titles. I think next season will be even closer since Bayern is geting hungry after 3 failed seasons.

It's just a shame they don't have a nickname either!

Andy Sava - I think winning the group is an advantage as it lets you playing the first leg away, which I think is a significant advantage. I played all my 2nd legs at home because of the draw and it made a massive difference. Winning the group is hard enough though. Better luck next year.

Into the German Cup semi final where I will face 1860 Munich. Could have been Bayern or Wolfsburg so glad to get the weakest of the 4.

Bayern are 3 points off of Leverkusen in the league. However, they were 6 but just beat Leverkusen at the Allianz 5-1! Crazy score considering where both teams are and that Leverkusen still had 11 men. And Bayern had gone to extra time in the cup 2 days before whereas Leverkusen had had a 5 day rest.

Well done marty, fantastic job you've done there!

I've got to admit to losing interest in my save, it's the same thing year after year for about 6 seasons now, I could potentially boost us on a bit by spending some cash, but the club is roughly breaking even just now, with me spending £750k per week! I have £40m in the bank, and yet my transfer kitty is £70m, I don't think my directors are good at maths! So the money is there, but I'd bankrupt the club. Turned my save off last night and watched a film, I'll normally lie in bed watchin tv playin fm, just turned it off last night through sheer lack of interest. I feel guilty too, I've offloaded Tatlot and Larsson, 2 big players for me in past 7-8 years! Need to build a new team and I've lost the drive!

I know what you mean aldojags. Domestically France is a bit easy and the CL is frustratingly difficult so it gets a bit repetitive. I think Spain would be a better long term challenge domestically but it would make CL easier to win if it is anything like England. (In that if you can win the league you can win CL.)

I am doing at least another season in France but am also considering starting again in Spain. I've heard Real and Barca make it a real challenge at first.

I chose to avoid Spain, I thought overcoming PSG Lyon Marseille was hard, but Spain with Real and Barca I think it would definitely be the hardest league to complete it, except maybe for Scotland mind you due to lack of finance.

Yeah, I think the league would definitely take longer but the CL would be much harder to win in most other nations due to the finances and reputation of La Liga. What I found in England was that the CL was hard to break into but once I did reach it the club kicked on very quickly.

aldojags - it's pretty much the same for me. Only Bayern is a challenge in Germany and when we go in CL matches it shows. Especially after the group stage. Yes there are other teams that can beat us when we play but overall only Bayern can overcome us. Also in my new season even if we remained in the same position in Europe we were seeded 3rd for the group draw and we ended up in a group with Juventus and Lyon. In the first game against Lyon we lost with a late goal from Lyon and we got a 1-1 with Juventus at home after we dominated the match. Roa is showing signs of an awesome season to come but i think Bayern will get this year's title as we seem to have lost our form from past seasons.

So a bit of a tough schedule. Bayern away, lost 3-1. Midweek from that Lille at home (Europa League 1st Knockout Round) where I won 2-1. At the weekend we have Leverkusen at home before the 2nd leg midweek after. Bit of rotation needed!

Well done on completion Marty78, finished it in just 12 seasons :thup:. Have to disagree with France being easy though ;), in my game France are up to 2nd in the Euro coefficients, most seasons get all 4 teams in the knockout stages, once all in the quarters. The season after I won the CL Monaco won it, won't be surprised if France will be top soon. Monaco are top in the Europe club coefficients and I'm 2nd.

berty78 - Yeah, to be fair Lyon and OM always seem to challenge me in matches and do ok in the CL as well but it is the fact that, in my game, Monaco are a yo-yo side between Ligue's 1 and 2 and PSG have finished top 3 just once since I reached Ligue 1. I was expecting PSG to be like Man City but they very average.

I got sacked :(. We were predicted to finish last and thats the position we were in when my time with Diskispor ended. I felt it was a little harsh to not let me see it out and give me a chance to lead them to survival but I guess I should have been less adventurous with my tactics. I'm going to Scotland this time, the main reason is that there is no relegation and therefore less chance of the sack!

ri916 - My advice with Scotland is save in about January, and then every month, keeping an eye on SFL3's table. Ending up with Queen's Park will make things hard.

unfortunately I had already holidayed before I saw your adice but fortunately I didnt get Queens Park :)

ri916- Good luck in Scotland. I'm doing so myself as you may have seen - I'm currently in season 2 and well on course to get promoted to SFL1. Beaten Caley twice in cups as well.

Annan_Athletic_FC_logo.png

Scotland it is and the bottom team at the end of the season was Annan Athletic! Should be a decent challenge but I think the biggest problems I face are overturning the old-firm and becoming a european force.

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Club Overview

Club Information

Squad

There are a few standout players that seem more than capable for this level so they will stay on, but most of the squad will be overturned. I'm aiming for promotion this season as I believe this squad unerachieved to finish bottom last year.

Lenzar- Just realised we're the same team :D. Sorry about that, if it was any other country I would just reload/choose another but I have to holiday the whole season in Scotland. Oh well, at least there will be some competition between us :D

Arrgh, I f****ng hate Monaco, lost the chance of a fourth straight Cup win after being drawn away to Monaco and losing. At least I'm doing ok in the league, but if Monaco win the CL again I may just have to add a manager to them and cripple their team and finances. ;)

Good luck in Scotland btw ri916. :D

Good luck ri916, you'll need it!

Out of the Europa League. Beat Lille 2-1 at home then drew away. Arsenal were too much in the next round. 1-2 and home and lost 2-0 away :(

Into the German Cup Final where I face Bayern Munich. They are chokers in the league. Every time they get an opportunity to overtake Leverkusen or catch them they mess up. I beat Leverkusen 3-0 at home yet they still bottled it and find themselves 2 points behind.

I've also got an update to do at some point, disappointed not to win the CL again especially as Monaco won it. :mad:

I've also got the small matter of a Euro Championship to play with France at the end of the current season, interesting as we've got no decent 'keeper (my club backup is in the squad to show how bad it is) and a dodgy defence so it's going to be difficult.

minisav - 2014/15 - Wuppertaler SV Borussia (Wuppertal) - German 1st Division

The usual rebuilding but this time money was involved. It went both ways obviously as you'll see in the transfers. Most of mine went out over 48 months whereas I demanded most of the incoming to be upfront! But the incoming was massive. Was a shame to let go of players such as Lezcano and prospects like Wansi but for the cash we were being offered, I couldn't say no!

League:

Fantastic season. Told them I'd finish mid table, they were expecting that. I delivered. Refused to be bullied with only big losses to the big boys. Although a 3-0 win at home to Leverkusen was a pleasant surprise. So very pleased with an 8th place finish. If results had gone our way, on the last day we could have made 6th but we lost.

Table - Graph - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

German Cups:

Super Cup:

So the Community Shield of Germany. This was played halfway through my transition so naturally we lost. 2-0 to a side like Dortmund is not a bad result in all fairness.

Wuppertal 0 - 2 Dortmund

German Cup:

Fixtures - Final v Bayern

After our success of last season I was quietly confident of performing in this. Minimum expectation was the 3rd round. Breezed through them due to playing lower opposition. Once it got into the nitty gritty we got the fortunate draw of 1860 Munich for the Semi. However, Bayern were too much for us in the final. 2-0 at half time I made changes in personnel and in tactics. Unfortunately, it was only good enough to get 1 goal back.

Europe:

Europa League

Qualifying Rounds

So after winning the German Cup this put us into the 3rd Qualifying Round. As a Scotsman, and a fan of Aberdeen, it was nice to get Celtic in this round. My beloved Aberdeen, who had won 2 qualifying rounds, got gubbed by AC Milan :(. Anyways, went into the first match away from home hoping to get an away goal or two. Being 2-0 down at half time was very disappointing. However, we got 2 back to make it 2-2 and put me in a strong position.

At home it was a pretty drab affair. We were going through anyway but a 93rd minute goal sealed it for us. 1-0.

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

Groups

Drawn a tough group as the bottom seeds I was expecting to just enjoy the experience. Ajax, top seeds were obviously going to be tough. Dinamo Moscow were pretty much on par with them. Even as the weakest of my opponents Rangers are a tough team. They have Daniel Sturridge! Also not a fan of them so was looking forward to getting points off of them. I was pleased with my 0-0 draw in the opener at home to Ajax. We followed that up with a 1-1 draw away to Rangers which I was also pleased with as they are very strong at home. The 2 games v Dinamo Moscow were up next. We lost 2-1 away but managed to win 1-0 at home. We then played Ajax away and managed to sneak a 1-1 draw with an 82nd minute equaliser. I didn't know how important that goal would be.

Going into the last game at home to Rangers, I was on 6, Moscow were on 7 and Ajax were on 9. I was hoping to beat Rangers with Ajax hopefully getting a point off of Moscow away as I had a poor goal difference. I won 3-0 against Rangers and Moscow won 2-1. I forgot about the head to head ruling rather than goal difference. This is why I finished 2nd as despite drawing both games with Ajax, I had managed an away goal! Crazy. Talk about cutting it fine.

Group.

Knockout Rounds

First knockout round saw us matched against Lille. At home we took the lead, they equalised but we sneaked another to take a 2-1 lead to France. There we were strong and resolute to earn a 0-0 draw to take us into the next round.

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

We got Arsenal in the 2nd round. We managed to snatch a goal but lost 2-1 at home. Could not turn that around and lost 2-0 away to see us go out.

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

Fixture list for the Europa League

Team:

Squad - Transfers - Information (I've been promoted to Icon!)

Used to do pretty basic EoS reports. Trying to improve them. Any screenshots available on request as always. Don't normally put players up as it really was a team effort but will post specific players if wanted. :thup:

Season   |    Division    |  Position  |   Comments
--------------------------------------------------------

[left]2012/2013  |   3rd Division |    1st     | League Winners
2013/2014  |  2nd Dvision   |    1st     | League Winnners, German Cup Winners & Euro League Qualification
2014/2015  |  1st Division  |    8th     | German Cup Runners Up & Europa League Qualification
[/left]

real_avila_logo.png

Real Ávila CF – Season 2 – 13/14 – Second Division B3

Second Division B3 & Spanish CupTableGraphFixtures 1Fixtures 2

Media Prediction: 9th

Final Position: 1st

Thoroughly enjoyably season in Second Division B! Good results throughout crowned with championship and victories in promotion Playoffs. Next season Ávila will be playing in Liga adelante.

Spanish Cup saw Ávila being drawn against lower league teams RSD Alcalá, Écija and Huracán Valencia before taking against giants Barcelona. Ávila were actually able to overcome Barça reserves and youngsters 2 - 1 at Adolfo Suárez, but I was lucky to loose only 0 - 2 at Camp Nou.

Real Ávila Team - Squad - Transfers

Miki Roqué - DC

It feeled a bit strange to sign him, as you probably know Miki died IRL some time ago. RIP. Definetely the best DC I have though. He joined Ávila so late in the season, that the squad registeration window had already closed. I exploited a flaw (?) in the game to holiday a couple of games so he would get a few appearances. Hopefully the Spanish FA doesn't notice!

Alvaro Mejía - DM

Dependable DM.

Gervasio Núnez - M/AM LC

Skillfull Argentinian natural MC, who can even play as a DL as a backup of a backup.

Federico Laurito - ST

My best goal scorer.

Alvaro Morata - ST

Continued where he left off last season and scored consistently. Too bad he does not want to rejoin Ávila on loan.

Remarks

Games against Barcelona, especially the one at Camp Nou, were very healthy for Real Ávila's bank account. £617K earned from those fixtures is being spent to make Adolfo Suárez an all-seater stadium to comply with league requirements. Los Abulenses will play for months in Cebreros, some 47 kilometres away from Ávila.

fireworks.jpg

Promotion celebrations ;)

[b]Season          2nd B3          Spanish Cup          Achievements[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013       2nd             -                    -
2013/2014       1st             4th Rnd              Promotion

Minisav - Your flying and have finished above some very good teams. Well done.

Duccio - Congratulations on promotion. I intend to join you in Spain at the end of my current season.

I have just got through the first knockout round of the CL with this result. It took me a penalty in the last minute of extra time to get past them.

In the league I am 19 points clear after 27 games. A bit boring to be honest so I am heading to Spain at the end of the season to start the challenge over.

I have had a really hard time building a squad for this season, so I'm not expecting promotion. I left myself with too many players to sign after releasing nearly everyone I couldnt find the right players to replace them.

ri916 - I did the complete opposite. I kept folk who were close to being good enough until I had better replacements. I got a little lucky through having a couple of half-decent regens, but David Cox and Ian Harty, who don't have the best attributes on paper, were excellent for me.

Stick at it, though, I'm sure you'll get somewhere. :)

KielLogo.png

Holstein Kiel - 2027/2028

Season Overview

League Finish - 2nd

Media Prediction - 2nd

Average Attendance - 27319

Transfers

Continued with signing of youth players to develop. Heitor, Augusto and Didier Bertrand came at the beginning of the season. Julien Nicolas joined us in May after he was released by Lyon.

From the 4 i have hope for Bertrand and Nicolas.

Bundesliga

League Table

Graph

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Team of the Year

Definitely not one of our best seasons but we still managed to finish second. We lost to many points in the first part of the season and we had to stay behind Bayern for the rest of the season. To be hones i don't know what would have happened if we didn't have Lucas Roa at the team. More on him in the Squad section.

German Cup

Fixtures

Won the Cup this year with a 2-1 victory over Dortmund in the final.

Europe

Champions League

Fixtures

Group Stage

We only got seeded 3rd this year and that gave us a tough group with Juventus and Lyon. The first game was with Lyon away and we lost the game with a very very late goal which really hurt. Juventus proved hard to crack in the following game and even if we dominated the match we only got a 1-1 at home. Brondby was no problem and after them came Lyon again and they won after a stellar performance from their star player. We won 1-0 away at Juventus but it didn't matter anymore since we already lost qualification. Juventus went on to win CL.

EURO Cup

Fixtures

The moment we got knocked out from the CL groups i had only one thing im my mind to win EURO Cup. When the 1st Knockout Round draw came i noticed a thing which scare the **** out of me, BARCELONA. Yes they got knocked out from CL too. They got knocked out in the 2nd Knockout Round by Bursaspor and hope was restored for us!

We defeated FC Twente, Zenit, Leverkusen and Schalke on our way to the final with Roma. To be quite honest i had lost hope when i found out i have to face Leverkusen and Schalke because i hate playing teams from the same country in Europe. Even more so as we only managed to get 1 point from both our games with Schalke this season. However, we managed to win 3 out of 4 games and got into the final.

The final was pretty much awesome and we won it with a late goal from Lucas Roa.

The Squad

Will only mention the players who stood out this season.

Lucas Roa - <52(1) Apps, 67 Goals, 12 Assists, 18 MoM, 7.85 Av R> - One of the best players i ever had in FM. I don't think i had a striker to score 67 goals in a season in the last few years. Actually i don't think i ever had a striker score 67 goals in a season.

André - <47(2) Apps, 10 Goals, 27 Assists, 4 MoM, 7.44 Av R> - The brain of the team finished the season with 27 assists. A new record for Kiel.

Silva - <49(2) Apps, 18 Goals, 13 Assists, 5 MoM, 7.28 Av R> - He has been great in the last couple of seasons, i am suprised he still didn't get a Brazil call up.

Joel - <52(2) Apps, 7 Goals, 19 Assists, 4 MoM, 7.17 Av R> - Another solid season from Joel.

Deílton - <48 Apps, 1 Goal, 6 Assists, 1 MoM, 7.03 Av R> - The young midfielder is developing quite nicely.

Conclusions and plans for the future

Overall it has been a great season but i am kind of disappointed of our league performance. Not geting out of CL groups didn't help either but at least we won EURO Cup which boosted our reputation a bit. Hopefully next season CL performances will be better.

Kiel History

[b]Season             League                         Position                     Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7853130&viewfull=1#post7853130"]2012/2013[/url]          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7877117&viewfull=1#post7877117"]2013/2014[/url]          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7887550&viewfull=1#post7887550"]2014/2015[/url]          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7915217&viewfull=1#post7915217"]2015/2016[/url]          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7916502&viewfull=1#post7916502"]2016/2017[/url]          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7923190&viewfull=1#post7923190"]2017/2018[/url]          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7932142&viewfull=1#post7932142"]2018/2019[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          Qualified for Champions League, German Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2019/2020[/url]          Bundesliga                     3rd                          Qualified for Champions League, EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2020/2021[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7951591&viewfull=1#post7951591"]2021/2022[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7955671&viewfull=1#post7955671"]2022/2023[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7960111&viewfull=1#post7960111"]2023/2024[/url]          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round, German Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7966939&viewfull=1#post7966939"]2024/2025[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7971981&viewfull=1#post7971981"]2025/2026[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7971981&viewfull=1#post7971981"]2026/2027[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7980145&viewfull=1#post7980145"]2027/2028[/url]          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup Winners, German Cup Winners

Competition Winners

[b]Season          Bundesliga          German Cup          Champions League          EURO Cup                Euro Champ          World Cup[/b]
2012/2013       FC Bayern           Stuttgart           R. Madrid                 Man City            
2013/2014       Schalke             Leverkusen          R. Madrid                 Olympique Lyonnais                          Scotland
2014/2015       FC Bayern           Koln                Benfica                   Liverpool
2015/2016       FC Bayern           Leverkusen          Man Utd                   Roma                    Belgium
2016/2017       Leverkusen          FC Bayern           Barcelona                 Sporting
2017/2018       FC Bayern           Hoffenheim          Liverpool                 OM                                          Belgium
2018/2019       FC Bayern           Kiel                FC Bayern                 Man City
2019/2020       FC Bayern           Koln                Man Utd                   Juventus                Germany
2020/2021       FC Bayern           FC Bayern           At. Marid                 Valencia
2021/2022       FC Bayern           Mainz               Barcelona                 Sevilla                                     Croatia
2022/2023       Kiel                Mainz               Barcelona                 At. Bilbao
2023/2024       FC Bayern           Dortmund            Barcelona                 Roma                    Belgium
2024/2025       Kiel                Schalke             Inter                     Valencia            
2025/2026       Kiel                Mainz               Inter                     Benfica                                     Spain         
2026/2027       Kiel                Frankfurt           Inter                     Juventus       
2027/2028       FC Bayern           Kiel                Juventus                  Kiel                    France                                                 

Archived