FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

How is everyone setting up their Chelsea teams, I'm currently in my 3rd season and won the title every season but my defending is shocking, Terry looks like such an average defender, I concede really sloppy goals. In my previous season I scored 114 goals but conceded 45. I play balanced attacking mentality (I've tried standard setup too before you ask). Just need some advice on how to set up without conceding too many goals.

what formation is it? I use the 4-2-3-1 deep and 4-2-3-1 Denmark (I.e 2 cm instead of 2 dm) with the deep i use a counter style with the Denmark i use control with more direct passing

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what formation is it? I use the 4-2-3-1 deep and 4-2-3-1 Denmark (I.e 2 cm instead of 2 dm) with the deep i use a counter style with the Denmark i use control with more direct passing

Sorry forgot to mention i am playing a 4-2-3-1 with two central midfielders on defend

well i tried having them the same when i was working out my tactics and the both done the same thing which seemed to be a waste it adds variety to the midfield one only focuses on winning the ball and one wants to win the ball and start attacks and usually is good at ball retention i.e the vieira petit partnership at arsenal

I've tried it in four matches so far, one central midfielder on defend and one on attack and won all four, conceding 2, fingers crossed.

What do you reckon on playing attacking mentality, with one defend one attack in midfield? reckon it'd work just as well?

Just finished my 2016/17 season! Won all the domestic cups, Champs league for the 3rd time, beating Arsenal on pens! Also unbeaten in the league and claimed my 5th League title in a row! Moving to a new 61,000 seater stadium next year, The time when JT is retiring.

Was 5th in the league with Swansea, one position behind Chelsea and AVB got sacked. Roughly 30 games played, the most he's ever managed in my games!! Needless to say I confirmed my interest in the job and got given it. Will do some screenies tomorrow. Have Gylfi signing eos for £6.5m :D

well i tried having them the same when i was working out my tactics and the both done the same thing which seemed to be a waste it adds variety to the midfield one only focuses on winning the ball and one wants to win the ball and start attacks and usually is good at ball retention i.e the vieira petit partnership at arsenal

Do you think it'd be a good idea to do it with the centre backs too ie - one ball playing defender, one limited defender?

I've tried it in four matches so far, one central midfielder on defend and one on attack and won all four, conceding 2, fingers crossed.

What do you reckon on playing attacking mentality, with one defend one attack in midfield? reckon it'd work just as well?

its always worth trying these things to see what works best for your team

Do you think it'd be a good idea to do it with the centre backs too ie - one ball playing defender, one limited defender?

maybe although i have mainly stuck with them as cb defend and tweaked it i.e both team and personal tactics as well as training one to do one thing i.e dive into takles the other to stay on their feet etc. i would definatly not change it from defend i.e one stopper one cover i dont think it works until you get the basics of the tactic right make tweeks over a few years to the tactics as well as the players

Alright lads,

Can anyone tell me if theyve been able to develop Josh into a top payer still after his pointless loan spell at Swansea?

Im a bit worried about him its the end of January and hes made 1 start and 4 sub appearences for them, his fitness is shocking he clearly cant be developing -_-

Alright lads,

Can anyone tell me if theyve been able to develop Josh into a top payer still after his pointless loan spell at Swansea?

Im a bit worried about him its the end of January and hes made 1 start and 4 sub appearences for them, his fitness is shocking he clearly cant be developing -_-

Ive only seen 1 decent screenshot of him on here and i think that was Brackens. Might be wrong mind Josh's problem is he doesnt have any real standout stats for a 18 yr old which can be developed significantly. Ive had 16 yr old Brazilians with better starting attributes than a 18 yr old Josh :/

Following my last Chelsea save goin to 2020 ive decided to start a fresh with the new update with the Hazard and Marin transfers included. Wanna try Marin,Hazard,De Bryune and Mata together :D Only thing is i think chelsea are short of strikers without Didi as i feel Studge aint upto standard.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha. I've quit Lille in my save after winning the CL, and spend about six months unemployed. Currently it's January. Chelsea was one job I would have taken, but none other than Jose decided to take it back.

Then they ended up in 14th place and fired him in November. My turn. :D

However, there's some typical AI squad management going on here. In that the players are mostly terrible. So, time to tear everything up and make the team good again.

I am second place in the league right now... i played 13 games..... 10 wins...1 draw...2 losses

I have signed sigurosson to help me in the bench

I signed 3 players for the future: Jese---Ilori---Cuenca

I sold Anelka

Also i am leading champions league group with 15 points in 5 matches

now i am facing alot of troubles...draw with tottenham 1-1 and then losing 5-0 to balckburn in league cup after a 15 game win streak....

All players' morale is poor and i am trying to retain our form soon before we enter december matches because they decid 50% of who will win the title at the end of the season

To the people with longer length saves, how has Delac developed for you?

I'm in the second season with Lille and I've got him on loan as a back up to Landreau, but I'm wondering if it's worth trying to sign him?

With Cech and Courtois available and Delac not having a WP I thought I might be able to get him on the cheap(ish).

I advice you to buy James Rodriguez or christian Rodriguez......... they are very cheap (around 5 to 10m ) but very good players

and also Ramires can help you alot...... He have the quality of a superstar

what formation do you play ????

I lost from man united 6-0 at old trafford

I became 3rd in the league after i was first

The team's performance is getting worse after every game

I have to find our shape before everything is gone

Try employing a new tactic... Teams get wise to the same thing over and over again after a while. I tend to switch between a 4-2-3-1 Consisting of CM CM AML AMR AMC ST and a standard 4-5-1 DM CM CM AML AMR ST..... Maybe going with a more defencive formation/tactic would tighten things up as it seems to me (6-0 Defeat to united) your defence is too open. Against teams like Arsenal ,United and City ive always dropped the AMC and employed a DM as standard because players like Silva ,Wilshere ,Ramsey ,Rooney can be closed down quicker and then you can nulify their obvious but effective gameplan. I tend to have a pacey front 3 so i can counter effectively.

Bottom line from me is tighten up and rebuild abit of morale that way :)

Haha just seen you sorted it out... Serves me right replying without reading rest of thread lol None the less i hope this advice could help you in future :D

Alright lads, started a new Chelsea save a few back and made a few changes with the editor:

Hazard and Marin in, Drogba, Bosingwa, Kalou, Hilario and Ferriera were all released on frees. I also cancelled a few of the loans for the lads who were getting no game time, McEachran, Kakuta, Kalas and De Bruyne.

In game i sold Malouda for £15m and brung in Van Der Wiel for £13m, also revamped the backroom staff and scouts.

The first season was pretty disappointing with us crashing out of the League Cup in the 4th round, FA Cup in the 6th Round and finishing 3rd in the EPL. We did however make the Champions League final but lost to Barcelona :(.

I was pleasantly surprised to still be in a job after such a season, however Roman now knows he made the right decision in keeping me on.

Onto the second season:

Last season we found ourselves struggling for goals whenever El Nino got injured, Sturridge just isnt good enough and Lukaku is still too raw. With that in mind i decided to spend £15m on Leandro Damiao with a further £2m of incentives. Robbie Cotton was also brought in on a free even though i know he wont amount to anything...Turnbull, Benayoun and Mellis were shown the exit for a combined fee of £6m along with a few youngsters.

This season turned out a lot better even though we again found ourselves finishing 3rd in the EPL! We did however add 3 trophys to cabinet, the League Cup, the FA Cup and the holy grail the Champions League after getting revenge on Barca spanking them 3-0 in the final!

Ive just added Phil Jones to the squad for a measly £6m after he was transfer listed by request, hes literally played no football the last 2 seasons but hes still a great player an will do well for us. Outgoing wise i will be selling Merieless who has been injured all season and is a shadow of the player he was, Sturridge will be leaving on a free, hes far too inconsistent, is uncomfortable in the big games an has been out for 6 months with a broken leg -_- its a shame.

Im really excited about Piazon, Ake and Chalobah who look like real stars of the future!

Will update again soon, any questions are welcome and screenshots can be posted if requested, cheers for readin lads. KTBFFH!

Alright lads, started a new Chelsea save a few back and made a few changes with the editor:

Hazard and Marin in, Drogba, Bosingwa, Kalou, Hilario and Ferriera were all released on frees. I also cancelled a few of the loans for the lads who were getting no game time, McEachran, Kakuta, Kalas and De Bruyne.

In game i sold Malouda for £15m and brung in Van Der Wiel for £13m, also revamped the backroom staff and scouts.

The first season was pretty disappointing with us crashing out of the League Cup in the 4th round, FA Cup in the 6th Round and finishing 3rd in the EPL. We did however make the Champions League final but lost to Barcelona :(.

I was pleasantly surprised to still be in a job after such a season, however Roman now knows he made the right decision in keeping me on.

Onto the second season:

Last season we found ourselves struggling for goals whenever El Nino got injured, Sturridge just isnt good enough and Lukaku is still too raw. With that in mind i decided to spend £15m on Leandro Damiao with a further £2m of incentives. Robbie Cotton was also brought in on a free even though i know he wont amount to anything...Turnbull, Benayoun and Mellis were shown the exit for a combined fee of £6m along with a few youngsters.

This season turned out a lot better even though we again found ourselves finishing 3rd in the EPL! We did however add 3 trophys to cabinet, the League Cup, the FA Cup and the holy grail the Champions League after getting revenge on Barca spanking them 3-0 in the final!

Ive just added Phil Jones to the squad for a measly £6m after he was transfer listed by request, hes literally played no football the last 2 seasons but hes still a great player an will do well for us. Outgoing wise i will be selling Merieless who has been injured all season and is a shadow of the player he was, Sturridge will be leaving on a free, hes far too inconsistent, is uncomfortable in the big games an has been out for 6 months with a broken leg -_- its a shame.

Im really excited about Piazon, Ake and Chalobah who look like real stars of the future!

Will update again soon, any questions are welcome and screenshots can be posted if requested, cheers for readin lads. KTBFFH!

This is great for you... hope u can win the Epl next season

Hi guys,

Just started my Chelsea save (been playing FM11 still).... I have signed Jesus Navas, Emre Can and Markus Mendler so far, needed the AMR position filled.

Offloaded Kalou, Malouda and Bosingwa... so currently playing Ivanovic at RB but need a proper attacking full back, who should i get? well, who have you guys got?

Input would be appreciated massively.

Cheers!

Who is a good creative DM? I want someone like Pirlo.... but i dont knw where to look as i've literally just started FM12! bit late i know but my fm11 save reached 2055 and i wanted to keep going!

Having a bit of a poor start to the campaign. Played 7, won 1, DRAWN 5, lost 1 (lost 1-0 to Man City thanks to a 90th min Cech Own goal)....

Any advice on how to change it up a bit? playing 4-2-3-1....

Thinking about dropping my AMC to a DM?

cheers mate. and the other thing, a lot of the time after a match the opposing manager says that "Chelsea could do with being more incisive in front of goal rather than trying to pass the ball into the net".... they are right, i get a lot of 60% possession and only 1-0 wins, how can i change this?

Dear Canal,,, as for my opinion the formation you are playing is very defensive i played it once against liverpool in my game and won 3-1 (3 goals by a corner kick) but i had a lot of possesion but didnt know how to score a normal goal.

I advice you to play it 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2

My formation is like that:

Cech

Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole

Meireles Mikel (or Luiz) Lampard

Torres Drogba Mata

and I advice to get Sigurosson and put him instead of meireles

I play this formation and i have 50 points from 66 possible

Try this formation and then tell me what are your scores

I hope i have helped you enough

cheers mate. and the other thing, a lot of the time after a match the opposing manager says that "Chelsea could do with being more incisive in front of goal rather than trying to pass the ball into the net".... they are right, i get a lot of 60% possession and only 1-0 wins, how can i change this?

I wouldnt pay too much attention to what they say, ive had that message after thumping 4 past a team!

Im the kind of manager who likes clean sheets so that sounds good to me an i wouldnt know what to suggest. Im sure they will start firing soon.

anyone got a screenshot of Romeu? ive signed Romulo from Vasco (£7.5m) as he has 4* PA and wanna figure out who is gonna turn out better!

Also, heard Courtois turns into a beast? screenshots if possible....

Cheers guys.

Just completed the 3rd season and again we fluffed the PL, finishing 2nd and losing out to City. Runners up in the League Cup, Semi-Finalists in the CL, Winners of the FA Cup, Euro Super Cup and Club World Championship.

Going into the 4th season ive sold Meireless for £2m and Cahill for £20m. I want to sign a creative midfielder but cant seem to find anyone suitable, this is the squad going into the new season:

2rfejdf.png

If anyone wants screenshots feel free to ask :)

cheers mate, yeah Romeu looks good! you playing him at DM or MC?

how does Chalobah turn out?

Just beat Man Utd 6-1 with a Raul Meireles hat trick!! he's the only player in my team who is actually performing consistently!

Next dilemma, Drogba, Torres, Lukaku or Lavezzi up front?

cheers mate, yeah Romeu looks good! you playing him at DM or MC?

how does Chalobah turn out?

Just beat Man Utd 6-1 with a Raul Meireles hat trick!! he's the only player in my team who is actually performing consistently!

Next dilemma, Drogba, Torres, Lukaku or Lavezzi up front?

Ive been playin him at DMC, his passing his 2nd to none!

zbotl.png

He spent last season on loan at Blackpool where he was awful but im still sure he will become an amazing player, hence why i sold Cahill to allow him game time.

EDIT---------------

Barca have just approached me....hmmmmm after hardly thinking about it i rejected it. Theres still work to be done at Chels ;)

Piazon looks to be improving. I agree about Baker, decent player irl but stats are poor in the game despite coaches saying he has potential to be a good CM in the future for Chelsea/premiership teams. Chalobah looks likehe is going to be one hell of a player for you, his stats are amazing. How about Blackman, Omeruo and Ake? You got screenshots of them if you have kept them along

Feel tempted to start a Chelsea save but with all the transfer dealings irl unsure whether to wait for FM 13 now ;)

Archived