FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

He was a complete phenom for me!

he got sent off against rangers after 5 mins in my game and after that hasnt scored a peep since, gave him plenty chances even in scottish cup against small teams and no goals lol he finally scored just before xmas against killie before being sent off in the same game lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I've started to shift some of the higher earners. I'm gona work to implement a maximum wage of 30k a week. Just punted Scott Brown for 6m as he wasn't happy and wanted to move to a bigger club, plus he was my captain still. Ledley went as well as he wasn't gona sign a new deal so punted him to Udinese for around 5m I think. Brought in Barry Bannan for 2m and he can play left mid as well so all good. Replaced Brown with Ivelin Popov.

he got sent off against rangers after 5 mins in my game and after that hasnt scored a peep since, gave him plenty chances even in scottish cup against small teams and no goals lol he finally scored just before xmas against killie before being sent off in the same game lol

Thats outrageous :(

I've managed to pick up some good players for my second season: Buonanotte, Verratti, Ochoa, Bovo, Gio dos Santos, Reinartz for a total of £18m, though we recouped £12m through the sales of Sung-Yong, Samaras, Juarez and released a few players too. Total wage bill is £376k/week which is a little high but we've a healthy bank balance of £30m and we've qualified for the CL group stages which should bring in a good amount.

I've managed to pick up some good players for my second season: Buonanotte, Verratti, Ochoa, Bovo, Gio dos Santos, Reinartz for a total of £18m, though we recouped £12m through the sales of Sung-Yong, Samaras, Juarez and released a few players too. Total wage bill is £376k/week which is a little high but we've a healthy bank balance of £30m and we've qualified for the CL group stages which should bring in a good amount.

Verratti turns out amazing! How did you manage to get a bank balance that good?

So I splashed out a bit on Jelle Vossen in the January transfer window of my second season as he has perfect stats to put away all the chances my team are creating.

So far he's not disappointed:

242vacw.jpg

Here's a screenshot of my squad:

2uz2bu9.jpg

Buonanotte and dos Santos are ripping it up on the wings against the mostly inferior opponents. Ibricic dictates play nicely from MC. I'm trying to avoid the corner bug but even when set to 'mixed' I seem to score at an above average rate. I'll probably look to offload a player or two in the summer to ease the finances after the signing of Vossen. Might spell the end for Hooper as he's on far too much to be solely backup.

Unfortunately I didn't make it out of my group due to being drawn with Inter, Dortmund & Zenit. Hopefully we can put a good run together in the Europa League.

Yeah, I've started to shift some of the higher earners. I'm gona work to implement a maximum wage of 30k a week. Just punted Scott Brown for 6m as he wasn't happy and wanted to move to a bigger club, plus he was my captain still. Ledley went as well as he wasn't gona sign a new deal so punted him to Udinese for around 5m I think. Brought in Barry Bannan for 2m and he can play left mid as well so all good. Replaced Brown with Ivelin Popov.

started to cut my wage bill as well, looks like plenty of clubs snifing round kayal so maybe be able to shift him to take my wage bill down a bit as well

Thats outrageous :(

tell me about it, he was bitching about not playing so had gave him the chance when stokesy dried up a bit and it was like blunder after blunder. thank god for bangera lol christ even fowler has managed 4 goals and he's been injured for most games lol

Nice goal!

I just finished my second season. Cleaned up domestically and went unbeaten in the league. Knocked out of CL group stages and qtr finals of Europa League.

4v4sbo.jpg

zwf98i.jpg

Will be a few in and out's over the summer I feel. Ledley wants to join a bigger club and I'll probably try to move Hooper on too. Hopefully they'll fetch good fees.

really enjoying this Celtic save, most probably because I'm winning a lot of games :)

Struggled first season with tactics and came 2nd in the league but won the Scots cup. 2nd season with settled tactics I've won the league unbeaten with 104 points and won the league cup.

Think I have two new records though this season - youngest player and youngest goalscorer:

unledexe.png

Well I'm smashing through the SPL at the moment with this team:

GK: Begovic

RB: Montoya

CB: Miranda

CB: Coda

LB: Mendy

CM: Zuculini

CM: Mariga

LW: De Bruyne

RW: Forrest

CF: Vossen

CF: Fierro

Just entered Jan and already scored 103 goals in the league...Fierro with 28 so far...legend.

Few records to update. Beat my previous record of least goals conceded

bestdefense.jpg

Link: http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/snoogins1967/bestdefense.jpg

Also beat my record of most clean sheets in a row it's now up to eleven.

11inarow.jpg

Link: http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/snoogins1967/11inarow.jpg

Also my finances are through the roof although to be fair in the last 4 seasons I have brought in £169.5m through players sold and only spent £54.75m of that.

finances.jpg

I made £47m in transfers this year and £29million in prize money AND only spent £5.25m on transfers this season alone

Yes I did say £29m prize money thanks to ...

cupwin.jpg

I thought I was going to get stopped at the final hurdle until a moment of madness from Fabio Coentroa.

I had a throw-in at their 18 yard line as the ball came to Fanz he was pushed. Nuri Sahin complained to the ref and was sent off for descent AND I had a penalty. Lady luck deffo smiled on me. Funnily enough Coentrao didn't even get booked.

Honestly by the end I was sick. I didn't even watch the penalty shoot-out I couldn't handle it. I came back in the room with a curry that i nearly dropped when I saw I had won.

I'm slightly sad though it looks like I'm finished with my Celtic save now

Congrats on your European win snoogins1967, great achievement to win the final and would love to have been a fly on the wall when you walked in and found out you went and won it.:D.

In other news, I won the Spanish league at my first attempt by 16 points over 2nd placed Barca and had just qualified from the group stages of the World Cup with Belgium when my save got corrupted.:mad:...That's the bad news, the good news is that means as of tomorrow I'll be starting a brand new Celtic save from scratch and will be in here posting (mostly drivel:p) regurarly about my progress again.

Slipknot67, I love your tactic.....got bored with Celtic so started an all Scottish Hibs challenge....won the treble in 2nd season and got to UCL semi final....3rd season and Leigh Griffiths is scoring for fun...should upload your tactic to the tactic sections....cheers for putting in here mind....

Slipknot67, I love your tactic.....got bored with Celtic so started an all Scottish Hibs challenge....won the treble in 2nd season and got to UCL semi final....3rd season and Leigh Griffiths is scoring for fun...should upload your tactic to the tactic sections....cheers for putting in here mind....

Good to hear another success story involving my tactic. It's already up in the tactic forum but I didn't create a specific thread for it, I just posted it in the thread discussing the 3-5-2-1 as I don't really have time to get into all the questions you get asked if you create a specific tactic thread about 'which training schedules should I use with it', 'Which type of players does it work with', 'will it still work with player x at Amc' etc, etc.

It seems to have gotten noticed between in here and the 3-5-2-1 thread in T&T mind you, it had been down loaded nearly 50 times last time a checked.:cool:

Good to hear another success story involving my tactic. It's already up in the tactic forum but I didn't create a specific thread for it, I just posted it in the thread discussing the 3-5-2-1 as I don't really have time to get into all the questions you get asked if you create a specific tactic thread about 'which training schedules should I use with it', 'Which type of players does it work with', 'will it still work with player x at Amc' etc, etc.

It seems to have gotten noticed between in here and the 3-5-2-1 thread in T&T mind you, it had been down loaded nearly 50 times last time a checked.:cool:

Ive been considering uploading mines aswell however its a nightmare as you said with all the questions, same with my training schedules and explaining how they work

7m9wD.png

great domestic season again, done the double, failed bad in europe though so will look to improve that.

Some records:

Most points in one season - 112

Most League goals - 179

Best goal diff - +154

I cant update the records without a link to your screenshots mate!

How did you manage to score a massive 179 goals :eek:?

Im fair pissed off about the transfer values of some of my key players and star performers.

e.g. Kyle Naughton, avr 7.47, 3+ years left on his contract, value is €1.5m - clubs wont bid over €2.5m (I paid €2m for him)

Had this problem with several players where the AI think I'm going to part with players for less than what I paid in transfer fees, agent & loyalty bonuses 2 years after I bought them from nowhere and improved them and have them performing well in the SPL and Europe. Does the AI expect to get these players or is it just **** poor coding?

EDIT

Another is Rafael Toloi, I have developed him into an unreal player yet he's only valued at €1.8m despite paying €3m. I had to give him an improve contract after a year because I felt that the AI was going to make him unhappy at €2.5m bids being rejected and become unhappy.

I know people are going to bang on about slapping a price tag on them but I feel shouldnt have to because I'm not interested in selling or putting price tags on my players. I feel that they have gotten their rep system arseways moreso this year especially considering the cost of these players to me and the AI not taking this into their evaluation of the player.

Im fair pissed off about the transfer values of some of my key players and star performers.

e.g. Kyle Naughton, avr 7.47, 3+ years left on his contract, value is €1.5m - clubs wont bid over €2.5m (I paid €2m for him)

Had this problem with several players where the AI think I'm going to part with players for less than what I paid in transfer fees, agent & loyalty bonuses 2 years after I bought them from nowhere and improved them and have them performing well in the SPL and Europe. Does the AI expect to get these players or is it just **** poor coding?

EDIT

Another is Rafael Toloi, I have developed him into an unreal player yet he's only valued at €1.8m despite paying €3m. I had to give him an improve contract after a year because I felt that the AI was going to make him unhappy at €2.5m bids being rejected and become unhappy.

I know people are going to bang on about slapping a price tag on them but I feel shouldnt have to because I'm not interested in selling or putting price tags on my players. I feel that they have gotten their rep system arseways moreso this year especially considering the cost of these players to me and the AI not taking this into their evaluation of the player.

I find valuations don't matter that much. I had Johnny Russell and he was valued at about £1.3m. He wanted to move to a bigger club and only had about 18 months left on his contract so I decided to cash in. Instead of waiting on offers coming in, I just offered him to other clubs for £10m to see what clubs were willing to pay for him. He was sold within 7 game days for £9.75m to Blackburn.

A good way to get decent money for players is for you to offer them out. I usually offered them out for about £7.5m - 15m (I have just accepted a £23.5m bid for Manolo Gabbiadini from Arsenal but he was offered out for £25m because he has been phenomenal since Sanogo left). But depending on quality I would accept the highest bid if it was near what I thought I could get for them, usually making a handsome profit at the same time

I find valuations don't matter that much. I had Johnny Russell and he was valued at about £1.3m. He wanted to move to a bigger club and only had about 18 months left on his contract so I decided to cash in. Instead of waiting on offers coming in, I just offered him to other clubs for £10m to see what clubs were willing to pay for him. He was sold within 7 game days for £9.75m to Blackburn.

A good way to get decent money for players is for you to offer them out. I usually offered them out for about £7.5m - 15m (I have just accepted a £23.5m bid for Manolo Gabbiadini from Arsenal but he was offered out for £25m because he has been phenomenal since Sanogo left). But depending on quality I would accept the highest bid if it was near what I thought I could get for them, usually making a handsome profit at the same time

I'd nearly report that as a bug tbh. That much for Johnny Russell is a joke, especially since you are trying to flog him with 18 months on his contract to go.

I dont want to offer players out but I do expect the game AI to evaluate a price that has some hope of enticing me to sell a star player. Its not reflecting anywhere near IRL

Most I got so far trying to flog a player is €3m + 25% for Ki

EDIT

I totally agree with you, the spl has been shoved sideways completely this year! Im now ranked 8th in europe, and my reputation hasnt went up at all, the spl has moved upto like 13th maybe even higher, consistent impressive perfomances in europe, if i do well again this year i should potentially jump to 4th place in the rankings, yet for some god awful reason, the teams reputation and the spls reputation just refuses to go up!

My team is so much better than everyone else domestically :lol:

We're now undefeated in the league & cups 3 seasons running. Shame that we don't seem to be able to come close to challenging Europe's elite yet.

Fode Koite scored 52 goals for me, I had him on loan for the season but I've signed him permanently on a free :cool:The rest of my squad.

I expanded my scouting this season, bringing in some excellent new scouts with knowledge of lots of countries. Looks like it's paying off as they've found me some pretty good looking regens, including a 15 year old Greek with incredible technicals for his age, and his other stats aren't bad either :D

Bangura's work permit for a new contract got turned down, gutted! He developed into a quality player for me. AC Milan are sniffing

bangura1.png

Surely it could be argued that he's an exceptional talent in the SPL and he should merit one. Sierra Leone dont play that many international a year, 4-6, he has 3 more this year and possibly ACON to be involved with. I now have to work out manually if he could meet the criteria (i.e. 75% of the top 75 FIFA ranked country) before the end of his contract.

EDIT

I checked all Sierra Leone's fixtures since the start of the save, he's played 10 of the last 11 possible fixtures and they are ranked 60th in the world. Doesnt that meet the criteria for a new contract??

Bangura's work permit for a new contract got turned down, gutted! He developed into a quality player for me. AC Milan are sniffing

bangura1.png

Surely it could be argued that he's an exceptional talent in the SPL and he should merit one. Sierra Leone dont play that many international a year, 4-6, he has 3 more this year and possibly ACON to be involved with. I now have to work out manually if he could meet the criteria (i.e. 75% of the top 75 FIFA ranked country) before the end of his contract.

EDIT

I checked all Sierra Leone's fixtures since the start of the save, he's played 10 of the last 11 possible fixtures and they are ranked 60th in the world. Doesnt that meet the criteria for a new contract??

irl would he have to meet the cap criteria to have his wp renewed?

bangura1.png

EDIT

where did you get his pic mate?...been looking for that.

bangura1.png

EDIT

He needs to play 25% of his countrys competitive fixtures im sure to qualify for a work permit, i had this issue aswell and had to sell him!

where did you get his pic mate?...been looking for that.

The Mega Facepack, you can find details about how to download it in the skinners hideout

He needs to play 25% of his countrys competitive fixtures im sure to qualify for a work permit, i had this issue aswell and had to sell him!

75% you mean, he's only missed one match in 11 possible fixtures going back to the middle of 2012. I've been talking to Olly from SI, he's asked me for my save because he thinks I could have a case. I just hope that work permits are better explained to the user and what criteria the game will be looking for you to get the player a new contract and a breakdown of why he doesnt get one.

I've him sold now, gutted and the fans hate me for it!

anyone got any tips for strength coaches ? I cant get mine above 3 stars

thanks lads

Fitness x9 +DDM x2 (ddm: Determination + Discipline + Motivating

>= : equal to or greater than)

Complete guide to coaching

Coach formulas

*** If you copy and paste these formulas on a blog/website/forum, please acknowledge the source by providing a link to this post. Thank you. ***

*** This should go without saying but if you use these formulas in your software/spreadsheet, have the decency to acknowledge the source! ***

Strength:

Fitness * 9 + ddm * 2

>= 270 = 5 stars

>= 240 = 4.5 stars

>= 210 = 4 stars

>= 180 = 3.5 stars

>= 150 = 3 stars

>= 120 = 2.5 stars

>= 90 = 2 stars

>= 60 = 1.5 stars

>= 30 = 1 star

>= 0 = 0.5 stars

Aerobic:

Fitness * 9 + ddm * 2

>= 270 = 5 stars

>= 240 = 4.5 stars

>= 210 = 4 stars

>= 180 = 3.5 stars

>= 150 = 3 stars

>= 120 = 2.5 stars

>= 90 = 2 stars

>= 60 = 1.5 stars

>= 30 = 1 star

>= 0 = 0.5 stars

Goalkeeping - Shot Stopping:

Goalkeepers * 2 + ddm

>=90 = 5 stars

>=80 = 4.5 stars

>=70 = 4 stars

>=60 = 3.5 stars

>=50 = 3 stars

>=40 = 2.5 stars

>=30 = 2 stars

>=20 = 1.5 stars

>=10 = 1 star

>=0 = 0.5 stars

Goalkeeping - Handling:

Goalkeepers * 2 + ddm

>=90 = 5 stars

>=80 = 4.5 stars

>=70 = 4 stars

>=60 = 3.5 stars

>=50 = 3 stars

>=40 = 2.5 stars

>=30 = 2 stars

>=20 = 1.5 stars

>=10 = 1 star

>=0 = 0.5 stars

Tactics:

Tactical * 2 + ddm

>=90 = 5 stars

>=80 = 4.5 stars

>=70 = 4 stars

>=60 = 3.5 stars

>=50 = 3 stars

>=40 = 2.5 stars

>=30 = 2 stars

>=20 = 1.5 stars

>=10 = 1 star

>=0 = 0.5 stars

Ball Control:

Technical * 6 + Mental * 3 + ddm * 2

>= 270 = 5 stars

>= 240 = 4.5 stars

>= 210 = 4 stars

>= 180 = 3.5 stars

>= 150 = 3 stars

>= 120 = 2.5 stars

>= 90 = 2 stars

>= 60 = 1.5 stars

>= 30 = 1 star

>= 0 = 0.5 stars

Defending:

Defending * 8 + (Tactical + ddm) * 3

>=360 = 5 stars

>=320 = 4.5 stars

>=280 = 4 stars

>=240 = 3.5 stars

>=200 = 3 stars

>=160 = 2.5 stars

>=120 = 2 stars

>=80 = 1.5 stars

>=40 = 1 star

>=0 = 0.5 stars

Attacking:

Attacking * 6 + Tactical * 3 + ddm * 2

>= 270 = 5 stars

>= 240 = 4.5 stars

>= 210 = 4 stars

>= 180 = 3.5 stars

>= 150 = 3 stars

>= 120 = 2.5 stars

>= 90 = 2 stars

>= 60 = 1.5 stars

>= 30 = 1 star

>= 0 = 0.5 stars

Shooting:

Technical * 6 + Attacking * 3 + ddm * 2

>= 270 = 5 stars

>= 240 = 4.5 stars

>= 210 = 4 stars

>= 180 = 3.5 stars

>= 150 = 3 stars

>= 120 = 2.5 stars

>= 90 = 2 stars

>= 60 = 1.5 stars

>= 30 = 1 star

>= 0 = 0.5 stars

Copied from here

The Mega Facepack, you can find details about how to download it in the skinners hideout

75% you mean, he's only missed one match in 11 possible fixtures going back to the middle of 2012. I've been talking to Olly from SI, he's asked me for my save because he thinks I could have a case. I just hope that work permits are better explained to the user and what criteria the game will be looking for you to get the player a new contract and a breakdown of why he doesnt get one.

I've him sold now, gutted and the fans hate me for it!

Its weird, ive now got that pissed off with my save that ive moved the old firm to the epl, to see how i get on there a.) due to financial losses every damn month from the start of the game and b.) I got to the champs league final, then won the europa league the following year, then got to the quarters the year after. My team is ranked 8th in europe and the spl is something like 13th potentially higher, yet the league is still rated 3 stars, and so are celtic :rolleyes:

I checked fmrte to see what rep my team was, and celtic start of at 6550 or so, and yet im now only 6740 after impressing in europe every single year, tis utter balls

Archived