FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

IMO, players worth keeping are Ledley, Forrest, Matthews (if tutored) & Hooper

I would have kept Bangura (turned out class for me) only for work permit issues. I logged a bug over it because I believe that he made the requirement for one in my game. Same applies to Baba & Wanyama in terms of cheap squad options. I kept Forster as a cheap option for several years. Robbie Thomsen turned out good for me but that could be down to random potential.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
usually it's early/mid December isn't it? Don't think that it is a late as this year, there must be a problem or two that they can't solve

and the reason for me not buying the game, but putting it on the Xmas wishlist ;-)

So far what are the opinions, who are the must keeps in the team?

Forrest, Kayal, Matthews and Hooper? are the any others that will turn out as good CL players?

All you named and ki! Forrest is amazing!

Baba and Bangura and Wanyama are also brilliant

any of you tried to retrain and play Bangura or Baba as a AML cutting inside, if there shall be room for Wanyama, Kayal, Ki and Forrest in midfield, it leaves a spot on the left hand side + only one striker

Season finished with a 5-2 shock win over Manchester City in the CL Final with Lansbury of all players scoring twice and basically ruling the match

Pogba, Wilshere, Lansbury & Figueiredo all will go back to their respective clubs from there loans (unless Pogba wants to join but its unlikely)

managed to score 272 goals in 65 games which i was happy with but am still shocked that no decent players want to join :(

ahh well as long as my young stars don't wanna bugger off its all cool

Squad Stats

squadstats.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

will look to improve the defence (full backs mainly) during the summer

Has anyone noticed if the new patch fixes the issues with the finances?

don't know why it was put there, but on the list of changes to the new patch under "International Management" it says

- Adjusted Scottish club expenses.

no idea how much it has changed

September 2011 new patch, loss of 1.9 million this month!! I fell out of europe in the qualifying stages on away goals because wanyama decided he would like to get sent off that game!

9 games in, 6th in the league, wanyama been sent off twice, and the 2 games I played in europe as I allured to I got put out on away goals, not the best start lol and the board aren't happy!

September 2011 new patch, loss of 1.9 million this month!! I fell out of europe in the qualifying stages on away goals because wanyama decided he would like to get sent off that game!

9 games in, 6th in the league, wanyama been sent off twice, and the 2 games I played in europe as I allured to I got put out on away goals, not the best start lol and the board aren't happy!

how were the loss made (which posts were at fault)? and has it continued in the following months?

how were the loss made (which posts were at fault)? and has it continued in the following months?

Im losing a mill odd a month at the moment, it is more realistic though as when i was playing my euro qualifiers i was either making a profit or breaking even!

So got the game for Xmas and have started up a Celtic game

So far the following have come in...

Bandalovski £100k (CSKA Sofia) at right back

Paul Dixon £1m (Dun Utd) at left back

Carruzzo £1.8m (Boca) at center back

Wilson (loan - Liverpool) at center back

Russell £650k (Dun Utd) at left wing

Macheda (Loan - Man U) at attack

The following have left...

Samaras £600k (Reading)

Slane £210k (Derby)

Cervi £100k (Leeds)

McCourt £2.5m (Leicester)

Majstorovic £500k (Norwich)

Commons £1.3m (Birmingham)

Loovens £975k (Espanyol)

Lustig are joining in January (on a free) together with Baba, and Fierro are joining next summer for £1.3m

Pretty satisfied with the comings and goings, can't get shoot off Cha though, so he will have to stay in the reserves for a year

At april in my 2nd season I've suffered my biggest loss financially in this patch, although they have massively toned down match day expenses, it seems as though without europe were screwed, my balance is 8mil and I lost 2.5 mil that month, I really need to start cracking europe, but its proving a tough test

After a long time of just playing the game quickly by downloading plug and play tactics and running through games without even thinking, I have decided on playing to game by using every detail that is available to me that I can make sense of ( at least I think I understand it). Some of you may find my squad analysis useful or the tactical analysis of each player in the first team. You may want to point out where I can improve my analysis and the other sections are not yet started but I will finish them as I play my save. Hopefully they will come in useful.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hc5q2b00cdp606q It is a word document.

any of you had a take over with Celtic? they seems to happen all around me in the game atm

Nah i have not, however there is alot of takeovers happening in mine also! And 3rd season in loads of high profile managers are retiring, wenger, fergie, redknapp, the bayern manager etc!

After a long time of just playing the game quickly by downloading plug and play tactics and running through games without even thinking, I have decided on playing to game by using every detail that is available to me that I can make sense of ( at least I think I understand it). Some of you may find my squad analysis useful or the tactical analysis of each player in the first team. You may want to point out where I can improve my analysis and the other sections are not yet started but I will finish them as I play my save. Hopefully they will come in useful.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hc5q2b00cdp606q It is a word document.

I`ll try and get a look after it in the next few days!

Just started a Celtic save, after putting my other game on hold. Just noticed though I can hardly negotiate wages as I have none available. Any players I should look to sell first season to reduce the wage bill. Any good young players already at the club I should look to bring through.

Thanks guys

Just started a Celtic save, after putting my other game on hold. Just noticed though I can hardly negotiate wages as I have none available. Any players I should look to sell first season to reduce the wage bill. Any good young players already at the club I should look to bring through.

Thanks guys

Realistically, the squad is good enough there, so you wouldnt have to sell anyone, however i personally would get shot of majstorovic, loovens and cha! If you load the scandinavian leagues you can get alot of good young players cheap, mattias johansson as a rb, even search for ivan bandalovski also.

Paul George i would pull through and yaqub aside from that i dont rate the rest that much

Cant seem to get into a Celtic save this year.

Just seems impossible to build a good squad due to lack of money and tightness of board.

I have tried making my own SPL1 and SPL2, giving teams **** loads of money, but I doubt ill get into that.

Im 3 seasons in and after alot of crafty wheeling and dealing ive got a decent enough squad, so just perseverence!

So finished my first season as Celtic manager (got the game at Xmas)

left both the cups to my ass.man to deal with, so nothing to write about there, went out to Hibs and Hearts

Had the team playing a 4-3-3 that I used in FM11 (with great success) in the first part of the season but even though I scored a fair amount of goals I conceeded more than I could deal with and switches to Mr Houghs latest 4-4-2 for FM12, also parted with Mjällby as ass.man and got in former AIK and Luton manager Richard Money as my new ass.man

Things turned and I overcame a 13 point gab to Rangers and went on top in late December (almost Lennon'ist) going into the "new year game" with Rangers one point ahead of them

That game turned out quite all right

nygame12.jpg

Btw the league was won this way :thumbsup:

tittelclincherfm12.jpg

In the UEFA cup I had to overcome National da Madaira to qualify for the group stages, having a rather overcomming group of Panathinaikos, HJK and RB Salzburg. Won the group with ease and went head to head with Luzern in the first qualifying round. After them it was first Fulham and later Benfica that were defeated. Before facing Udinese in the semi-finals. Lost 2-1 in Italy before winning 2-0 at Celtic Park to clinch a final meeting with Spurs

Even though they had to face Arsenal 4 days before out meeting and Man Utd 2 days before the final, their player showed up in +96% fitness ??? even though they all had played in those two matches.

But in the end that really didn't matter as the Bhoys produces a fine display

elfm12.jpg

Pretty proud of my squad's performance this year

squadfm12.jpg

Sadly I don't have any more money to spend, and the board won't sign Forster for me, even though Newcastle will settle for £2.8m, so I'm bringing in a new goalie and few other players

Greek International goalie Michalis Sifakis from Aris

Scotland U21 midfielder Scott Allan from Dun Utd

Scotland International midfielder/winger Barry Bannan from Aston Villa (were transferlisted)

Former Argentine International striker Fernando Cavenaghi from River Plate

Mexican U20 striker Carlos Fierro from Chivas

Has anyone had any experience with Alex Smithies? I have had him playing as my No1 for the past season and now Liverpool have started to express an interest. They bid 900k for himwhich was straight away rejected. Smithies then demanded a new contract, which is fair enough, but wanted minimum release clause of 725k. His agent wont budge during negotiations so think im resigned to losing him on the cheap. Is there anyway around this?

I sign him all the time, he is a great player! I usually have no problem with keeping him but with regards to your problem....get him to sign the contract and change it on FMRTE or lose him on the cheap....its up to you and how you play the game....

Just started a new game as Celtic, does anyone offer brown a new contract and sell him for a higher value, or always quite low compared to what we paid for him?

I pretty much sell him first season anyway lol!

Here's a question though lads, are you always getting offered crap money for your players? And are their values quite low?

Not quite sure what FMRTE is but im assuming its an editor? Ive noticed over the past month, in game, that the release clause has increased 100k from 725k to 825k so if it keeps up like that then I may get a decent price for him by then end of his contract ;). Think I may be resigned to losing him on the cheap but in saying that he has not requested a transfer, has a high morale and is still playing well so maybe I can keep him till the end of his contract and hope he changes his clauses by then.

Here's a question though lads, are you always getting offered crap money for your players? And are their values quite low?

I've kept him and I'm 3 seasons in. He hasn't been spectacular in the past two seasons but he seems to have turned it around in the first few games of this season. One of the reasons I keep him is for the HG status as I find it difficult to find quality Scottish players. The only one I have brought in is Scott Allan from Dundee Utd.

I find the player values and money offered a bit ridiculous. I struggle to get a players value above 2mil unless I sign them for more than that. The only exception is Hooper who is now valued at 4mil. Never seem to get great offers either, the best i've received is around 6mil for Ki and about the same for Kayal in the first season.

I find that almost every player goes for less money than they did last year, not only SPL players, but the value of the SPL players seems a bit low, maybe it's connected to the lvl the SPL is rated at by the game?

Finished the transfer window and team are getting ready for the Super Cup against Real Madrid

Spend some money in the summer, besides the ones already mentioned...

The Money Signings...

Marc-André ter Stegen, The most promising young keeper in the world, signed for a whopping £14,75m from German side Gladbach

Junior Hoilett, Canadian winger/striker signed from relegated Blackburn for £9,75m

Fraser Foster, English keeper, transfer listed by Newcastle and signed for £1.2m with a weekly contract of £2,800

The Free Transfers...

Darren Gibson, Irish International midfielder signed on a free transfer after being released by Man Utd

Royston Drenthe, Dutch International winger signed on a free transfer after being released by Real Madrid

The Loan Signings...

Danny Wilson, Scottish CB from Liverpool

Uros Cosic, Serbian CB from CSKA Moscow

Stefan Savic, Montenegro CB/RB from Man City

The Big Players Leaving...

Ki to Torino for £4.8m

Ledley to Everton for £6,75m

Izzy to Udinese for £2,7m

---

With only two central midfield positions and a need to keep some Scottish players in the side, I had to let go of Ki and Ledley as Brown and Gibson are battleling it out of the MC position and Kayal have the DM position with Wanyama as backup (Had hoped on signing Victors older brother on a free as DM and selling Kayal but Mariga couldn't get a WP, so Kayal stays)

Might regret selling Ledley, but it was good money in cash and money saved on the wages

Izzy had to go as he had poor defensive stats - 11 in both tackling and marking isn't enough if you want a place in defense, Dixon isn't much better but did ok when Izzy was out injured and counts for a homegrown player

---

Took the easy way to the group stages of the Champions League, first Bosnian side Zeljeznicar and the Cypriot side Omonoia - Then ready for the hard way in the CL - Group of Inter, Schalke and Paris SG

---

I've kept him and I'm 3 seasons in. He hasn't been spectacular in the past two seasons but he seems to have turned it around in the first few games of this season. One of the reasons I keep him is for the HG status as I find it difficult to find quality Scottish players. The only one I have brought in is Scott Allan from Dundee Utd.

I find the player values and money offered a bit ridiculous. I struggle to get a players value above 2mil unless I sign them for more than that. The only exception is Hooper who is now valued at 4mil. Never seem to get great offers either, the best i've received is around 6mil for Ki and about the same for Kayal in the first season.

I find that almost every player goes for less money than they did last year, not only SPL players, but the value of the SPL players seems a bit low, maybe it's connected to the lvl the SPL is rated at by the game?

Search for johnny russell and jamie murphy theyre quality scots players!

Well im not so sure if this is true, as rangers are getting players bought for 6 mil here, 6-7 there! Yet im getting crappy little offers!

Finished the transfer window and team are getting ready for the Super Cup against Real Madrid

Spend some money in the summer, besides the ones already mentioned...

The Money Signings...

Marc-André ter Stegen, The most promising young keeper in the world, signed for a whopping £14,75m from German side Gladbach

Junior Hoilett, Canadian winger/striker signed from relegated Blackburn for £9,75m

Fraser Foster, English keeper, transfer listed by Newcastle and signed for £1.2m with a weekly contract of £2,800

The Free Transfers...

Darren Gibson, Irish International midfielder signed on a free transfer after being released by Man Utd

Royston Drenthe, Dutch International winger signed on a free transfer after being released by Real Madrid

The Loan Signings...

Danny Wilson, Scottish CB from Liverpool

Uros Cosic, Serbian CB from CSKA Moscow

Stefan Savic, Montenegro CB/RB from Man City

The Big Players Leaving...

Ki to Torino for £4.8m

Ledley to Everton for £6,75m

Izzy to Udinese for £2,7m

---

With only two central midfield positions and a need to keep some Scottish players in the side, I had to let go of Ki and Ledley as Brown and Gibson are battleling it out of the MC position and Kayal have the DM position with Wanyama as backup (Had hoped on signing Victors older brother on a free as DM and selling Kayal but Mariga couldn't get a WP, so Kayal stays)

Might regret selling Ledley, but it was good money in cash and money saved on the wages

Izzy had to go as he had poor defensive stats - 11 in both tackling and marking isn't enough if you want a place in defense, Dixon isn't much better but did ok when Izzy was out injured and counts for a homegrown player

---

Took the easy way to the group stages of the Champions League, first Bosnian side Zeljeznicar and the Cypriot side Omonoia - Then ready for the hard way in the CL - Group of Inter, Schalke and Paris SG

---

Is this young goalie of yours a regen? Or can i actually find him in game

He's outrageously good!!!

Btw 3rd season and I just lost 2 mil there even though I'm still in the champions league! Do you think there is going to be some months were I will lose heavily like that?

Had a month in my first year where I lost £2,5m or so, but ended the season with a economic result - sold players for a little over a million more than I bought for

This season is going to be interesting as I have brought in player for £17m more than I have sold for until now (they are paid over 48 months), might have to sell a player or two in the January window, but I'm £37m in the good in mid September and have a few players sold over 48 months, so they will balance some of buys.

My aim over the next few seasons is to bring as many good players in on a free and buy very few (most likely only from relegated EPL sides or transferlisted players), and then sell them on with profit, to built a solid economic base for the club

Archived