FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

quick update...check out these fixtures, at the tail end of my season and fixture congestion time in a big way. Having to rotate my side with loads of young/reserve players. Here a screenie of the fixtures:

killerfixtures.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just really started my first season on the new patch and things couldn't have started much better. Beat Hibs 3-0 at Easter Road, goals from Forrest, Ledley and a Hanlon own goal handing us the win.

With Jelavic at Everton would you now consider Naismith to be Gers best player? If so then they've just sold him to Liverpool lmao.

good to see ur still out there mcgougan. update when you can mate. know all about the new flat bit.

Well im now having to wait on the council getting there fingers out, so i cant do anything for it atm. Wallpapers sitting there and i cant use it yet :(

Just really started my first season on the new patch and things couldn't have started much better. Beat Hibs 3-0 at Easter Road, goals from Forrest, Ledley and a Hanlon own goal handing us the win.

With Jelavic at Everton would you now consider Naismith to be Gers best player? If so then they've just sold him to Liverpool lmao.

Nah as i said Steven Davis still, naisy is the next best one!

• 2 weeks later...
So finished the first season with us and the huns in the Championship

I went up with Southampton and West Ham (WH beat the huns in the play off final)

Opted for a top half finish in the second season, and stretched every penny to bring together this team...

GK) Mandanda (Marseille) Turnbull (Chelsea)

DR) Azpilicueta (Marseille) Aurier (Toulouse) Cotton (Blackburn)

DL) Aldrete (Morelia) Mulgrew

DC) Rhodolfo (Sao Paulo) Dawson (WBA)

DC) Shawcross (Stoke) Rolando (Porto)

DM) Rômulo (Vasco) Addison (Derby)

MC) Rodwell (Everton) Kayal

MC) Ki - Ledley

AMR) Gaitan (Benfica) Russell (Dun Utd) Commons

AML) Lucas Moura (Sao Paulo) Forrest

SC) Martinez (Jaguares) Hooper - Sanogo (Auxerre) Stokes

(playes left footed wingers on the right and right footed wingers on the left)

In desperate need for a new left back, but hopefully Aldrete and Mulgrew will be ok, until the board makes more money available to me

Finished my 2nd season with Celtic and 1th season in the EPL in 5th place, decent enough I guess, but not flashy concidering that I spend a fair amount of money after the 1th season- Had hoped for CL football, but it wasn't to be - So Euro League next season for me

Transfers January 2013:

In:

McGeady-Spartak

Doumbia-CSKA

Baines-Everton

Young-Man Utd

Welbeck-Man Utd

NEWgen-Benfica

Out:

Jackson Martinez-Southampton

Ki-Hoffenheim

Turnbull-Southampton

---

Transfer Summer 2013:

In:

Kjær-Wolfsburg

Courtois-Chelsea

Javi Martinez-Athletic

Pletikosa-Free transfer

Out:

Rholdolfo-Chelsea

Gaitan-Chelsea

Addison-Wolves

Ledley-Espanyol

Commons-Fulham

Fojut-Mallorca

Team:

GK) Mandanda (Courtois)

DR) Aurier (Azpilicueta)

DL) Baines (Aldrete)

DC) Shawcross (Rolando)

DC) Kjær (Dawson- Mulgrew)

DM) Martinez (Romulo)

MC) McGeady

MC) Rodwell (Kayal)

FR) Lucas Moura (Forrest)

FC) Doumbia (Welbeck)

FL) Young (Hooper)

So finished the first season with us and the huns in the Championship

I went up with Southampton and West Ham (WH beat the huns in the play off final)

Opted for a top half finish in the second season, and stretched every penny to bring together this team...

GK) Mandanda (Marseille) Turnbull (Chelsea)

DR) Azpilicueta (Marseille) Aurier (Toulouse) Cotton (Blackburn)

DL) Aldrete (Morelia) Mulgrew

DC) Rhodolfo (Sao Paulo) Dawson (WBA)

DC) Shawcross (Stoke) Rolando (Porto)

DM) Rômulo (Vasco) Addison (Derby)

MC) Rodwell (Everton) Kayal

MC) Ki - Ledley

AMR) Gaitan (Benfica) Russell (Dun Utd) Commons

AML) Lucas Moura (Sao Paulo) Forrest

SC) Martinez (Jaguares) Hooper - Sanogo (Auxerre) Stokes

(playes left footed wingers on the right and right footed wingers on the left)

In desperate need for a new left back, but hopefully Aldrete and Mulgrew will be ok, until the board makes more money available to me

where did you get the database from

• 3 weeks later...

Right lads, sorry got caught up in the chaos of my flat, repairs etc and such like, went into the editor and put rangers into administration and put there debt at 134 mil, which it is currently irl.

So then i went into game, and pretty much straight away they got taken over, utter bollocks!

Right lads, sorry got caught up in the chaos of my flat, repairs etc and such like, went into the editor and put rangers into administration and put there debt at 134 mil, which it is currently irl.

So then i went into game, and pretty much straight away they got taken over, utter bollocks!

In the latest Celtic game, I think I had given them a £90m CVA 5% interest due to be paid back in 2026, where I went a hole season without them being taken over

If you have the time you could try to have the £134m as a gift from the chairman repaybale on departure, no idea if they would get a debt out of that, or the new board would just wipe that out?

It seems to screw you when a new board comes in, i put a 2 year transfer embargo on rangers, and in january 1st season they spent 12.5 mil!!!! Was gutted, the game doesnt let you properly set it.

just remove them from the game (put them in as a dead club - ) or demote them to div 3 (+ put in the min release clauses they have in their contracts now + lower the number of spectators + lower their reputation and remember to promote a club to each of the divisions in Scotland, you could do with the clubs that have gained promotion this season)

So just done 9 in a row..currently in 2020 with a good wee team, loads of players that have came through the ranks. Looking forward to try and take 10 in a row and build on my european campaigns. Looks like hearts are the next big team to put up a battle for the spl. Rangers spent big this season but still failed to win a trophy and ended up in fourth.

Season 2020/2021 Current Squad

GKs

Alejandro Blanco Garnelo - Regen i signed from Espanyol for £2.5 Million in 2015, and has become my Number 1.

Jason Dennehy - Regen Signed from Hibs for £1 Million in 2018, Good Wee keeper, Irish number 1

Def

Left Backs

Brian Easton - Signed from Burnley in 2012 for only £90k. He as became a mainstay of celtic. Even at 32 still playing great.

Joe McArthur - Regen Who has come through my youth academy. Outstanding talent wanted by many EPL clubs, Allready 4 caps for scotland at age 20.

CB

Charlie Mulgrew - Legendary Defender at celtic now. 34 and still kicking. Kinda lost his free kick skills but still dependable for the odd goal now and then :D

Brice Ndongala - Regen Signed from Monaco for £3.6 Million in 2016. Has been outstanding since signing and well tracked by most of europes big clubs...

Sebastian Kreminski - 18 year old regen picked up this season from Legia for £975k Looks a good talent who's ready for some 1st team action allready.

Victor Wanyama - Big Vic has been on class form along side Ndongala for the last two seasons. Scores the odd goal as well. Only 29 so few years left in the big man.

Harald Richter - 20 yr old regen signed on a free in 2017, looks a good wee player and is currently used as a backup defender.

RB

John Flanagan - 27 year old Signed from Fulham in 2017 for £8 Million, Outstanding Right Back who has 27 caps for Ireland.

Currently looking for a back up right back....

Mid

Left Mid

David Schneider -24 yr old German Regen. Signed from bayern on a free in 2014 and has since became a mainstay in my midfield.

Robert Snodgrass - 32 yr old signed from blackburn for £3.6 Million in 2016. The Scottish International has been mainly used as backup Left mid but still great player.

Tom Cairney -29 yr old currently on loan from Man Utd. He has 72 caps for scotland so he's a good backup for the squad incase schneier/snodgrass get injured.

Centre Mid

Jose Ramon Gonzalez Abelenda - 21 yr old regen signed from betis for £6.5 Million in 2016. Slowly building his way into the team and showing so good perfomances

Marc Crosas - Resigned marc from FC Groningen in 2018 on a free. Now 32 but still puts in a good performace when he plays.

Patrick Graef - 26 yr old German regen signed from Bayern for free. Outstanding player. Current Club Captain and Vice Captain for germany. Rated at £10 Million hes a well wanted man.

Jason Holt - 27 yr old scotsman signed from tranmere for £120k this season. Currently getting used as a back up to the 1st team but still good wee player.

Yoichi Ikegami - 21 yr old regen from the land of the rising sun. Signed from Osaka on a free in 2018. Looking good so far, hoping for the next naka.

Darren Fletcher - Now 36 the legendary midfielder signed on a free from man utd in 2019 is on the final leg of his playing career. Hoping to add him to my coacing staff at the end of the season.

Right Mid

James Forrest - at 29 the wee man has been outstanding on my right mid. Currently hitting 42 caps for scotland and still seems happy to stay at celtic, life is good with jamesy.

Brown Hunter - Even with the dodgy name, The 21 yr old came through my academy and after a few loan deals has now became a challenge for james forrest, even managed a call up to the scotland squad. Looks good for the future.

Strikers

Mario Boselli - The 35 yrd old Signed from Wigan in 2013 has been a star at celtic hitting 85 goals in 179 games for celtic. Few injuries over the time but still can score a few goals when needed.

Gary Hooper - 32 yr old Hoops is on his 2nd spell at celtic after we resigned him from blackburn in 2018 on a free. Has hit 107 goals in 247 over 2 spells at celtic.

Ross Clark - 23 yr old regen signed from Caley Thistle in 2019 has hit 6 goals in 17 games so far for celtic. Looks good for the future with both boselli & hoops nearing the end of their careers.

Ivan Pribyl - The 21 yr old Regen signed for £5.25 Million from Sparta Praque in 2019 is looking allready a big star. Hit 58 goals in 94 games for sparta before joining me. has hit 2 in 10 games for me though currently injured he's wanted by a number of european clubs.

Horst Zorc - 19 year old German Regen signed from Leverkusen on a free. Looks allready another hot prospect, In the only 5 games he played for leverkusen he hit 3 goals.

Martin Smetana - 18 yr old Czech regen who signed for us in 2018 for £55k from slavia praque. He had a run in the 1st team via sub and hit 4 goals in 8 games.

Current Spl Managers:

Aberdeen - Chris Hughton, Became Dons Manager in 2020 after Roy Keane was fired. Last Job was Ireland manager where he left in 2019.

Dundee Utd - Mauricio Pochettino - Became Utd's Manager in 2020 after Peter Houston became Scotland Manager. His Previous Club was Stoke where he was fired in 2018

Hamilton - Colin Calderwood, Became Hamilton's manager in 2018 before that was manager of killie, Hamilton's former manager was Peter Grant.

Hearts - Bostjan Cesar - Joined at the start of this season after Henning Berg left to join, FC Kobenhaven. Cesar's former club was everton where he left in 2019.

Hibs - Ciriaco Sforza - Became Hibs Manager in 2017 taking over from Alex Mcleish. His previous job was switzerland.

Inverness - Alex Mcleish - Became Caley Thistle manager in 2019 after Malky Mackay left to become manager of Birmingham. McLeish's previous club was Burnley where he left in 2018

Killmarnock - Tony Pulis - Pulis has became manager of killie in 2018 after Gordon Strachan left to join Hull City. Pulis previous job was at Stoke where he left in 2017

Motherwell - Dougie Freedman - Freedman joined in 2018 after Roy Keane had been fired. Freedman's former job was at bournemouth where he left to join motherwell.

Rangers - Ally McCoist - Awwww Poor Fat Sally has won Zip! Thats corrent Zero trophy's in his tenure with rangers and yet hes still there :) Loyal to the end lol :D

St Johnstone - Billy Davies - Billy joined in 2017 after Derek Mcinnes left to join West Brom. Billy's previous club was Hearts where he left the month before.

St Mirren - Jim McIntyre - Jim joined in 2019 after Danny Lennon left to take over Nothern Ireland. His previous job was at Exeter where he had left 3 months before.

Just about to start up a new Celtic game

Rangers are put in as dead - all their players and staff are released

Ross County are put in the SPL

Cowdenbeath in Div 1

Alloa in Div 2

and Cove Rangers from the Highland league in Div 3 (couldn't find Forrest in the database)

The top 6 from this year have been given the league position that they finished in to fill out correct European spots

• 4 weeks later...

thinking that a 4-1 defeat away to Man City in the first knock out stage after the new year would be the end of CL for my side

hmmm

I was wrong, hammered them 7-0 at Celtic Park, Braces from Quintero and Scott Brown and goals from Stokes and James McCarthy (+ an own goal)

So just done 9 in a row..currently in 2020 with a good wee team, loads of players that have came through the ranks. Looking forward to try and take 10 in a row and build on my european campaigns. Looks like hearts are the next big team to put up a battle for the spl. Rangers spent big this season but still failed to win a trophy and ended up in fourth.

Currently playing as Celtic too and on my 3rd Season with 5/6 scottish cups (beaten by Rangers in the scottish cup final) and likely to win all 3 again this season too!

Anyway did you have any luck in Europe with Celtic in the 10 seasons? My side seems to struggle

Beat FCP (Porto) 4-1 at home only to loose 7-2 away in the 1st season

Then to beat Valenca (sp?) 4-3 at home only to loose 6-2 away! Despite drawing to Barca 3-3 at the Nuo Camp (and eventual winners) at the group stages!

thinking that a 4-1 defeat away to Man City in the first knock out stage after the new year would be the end of CL for my side

hmmm

I was wrong, hammered them 7-0 at Celtic Park, Braces from Quintero and Scott Brown and goals from Stokes and James McCarthy (+ an own goal)

Thats Ironic i too have got Man City in the first knock out stage too

hmmm

Very nice mate, wheres your millions now City!!!! :D

*lol* 4-1 down to Chelsea away to home in the first leg as well in the next round

"Only" a 3-1 win at home at Paradise

I need a new keeper, McGregor leaks to many goals (only ex-Rangers players that I signed)

I shall let you away with that one! Since we need a keeper lol

Trying to sell him after the first season

the game puts him value to 0, and when offered out, that is what clubs are offering for him, despite me trying to sell him for £5m

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

Just had my transfer kitty bumped up with £10m to £31m in november (2nd season)

We don't need a strong Rangers to earn decent money

(I have £41m in the bank - transfer dealing broke even in the summer with most of my buys over £48m and sell on strait money, so there will be some costs still to pay)

Going into the last Champions League group game a bit nervious

Man City have already won the group, with us and Trabzonspor on 6 points and Bayern Munich on 3 points (I won both games against the Turks - Bayern won against me in the first leg, and Trabzonspor won both game against Bayern)

A gusty day in Glasgow with snow and minus 7 degrees we beat mighty Bayern Munich 7-0 with my viking Kolbeinn Sigporsson scoring a hattrick

(Trabzonspor went on to drew 1-1 in Manchester)

So just finished the 2021/2022 season and once again won the spl :D thats 11 in a row....Loving it :D

Rangers and Ally McCoist have once again won bugger all. Thats no trophy's for ally in 11 seasons :O he did though win manager of the year this season...something at least.. Hoops is on his final season but prob add him to my management team as i have done with charlie mulgrew :D

I started a Celtic save since success in fm12 is long overdue for me and I anticipated an easier save. Boy was I wrong! I've gotten 1 point in my first 3 league matches and lost 1-0 to some Croatian no-name team in the euro qualifiers (still have the home game in hand)..

Will probably post some screenshots here later, and would appreciate some help in getting things turned around before I get the sack!

I started a Celtic save since success in fm12 is long overdue for me and I anticipated an easier save. Boy was I wrong! I've gotten 1 point in my first 3 league matches and lost 1-0 to some Croatian no-name team in the euro qualifiers (still have the home game in hand)..

Will probably post some screenshots here later, and would appreciate some help in getting things turned around before I get the sack!

the easy way would be to go the tactic forum and download one of the latest from mr hough or the grid tactic, read which kind of players are needed for the tactic and follow the instructions

After my little "rant" I changed a couple of roles and things have gone much better since, only losing to PSV and drawing to Rangers (got a goal disallowed and they managed to get a penalty, ofcourse..)

How do you guys deal with registering players for European competitions though? I did not have enough space to register all my first team picks, simply because the vast majority was trained outside Scotland. I have asked the board to upgrade youth facilities, which they granted, in hope that we can produce our own talents in the future, but obviously this is a long term plan.

Also, I noticed that the reserves do not play any matches? I could not find the option for them to set up friendlies either, except creating each fixture manually. This is a shame as I would like to tutor most of the guys while they still get match experience.

After my little "rant" I changed a couple of roles and things have gone much better since, only losing to PSV and drawing to Rangers (got a goal disallowed and they managed to get a penalty, ofcourse..)

How do you guys deal with registering players for European competitions though? I did not have enough space to register all my first team picks, simply because the vast majority was trained outside Scotland. I have asked the board to upgrade youth facilities, which they granted, in hope that we can produce our own talents in the future, but obviously this is a long term plan.

Also, I noticed that the reserves do not play any matches? I could not find the option for them to set up friendlies either, except creating each fixture manually. This is a shame as I would like to tutor most of the guys while they still get match experience.

regarding the reserves it is about how you play the game - but it is a bitch that they don't have any league to play in - and very annoying that you can't set up friendlies in England - you can set up cups with 3 other teams, and invite some Irish teams over to take part in them

I tend to clear as much of the deadwood, promote the youngsters (over the age of 17/18) that I feel will have a chance of making it to the first team - make them avaible for reserve team matches (as they do play some matches) and play them as much as possible in the cup games/easier games

---

you don't need to fill out the registration of players for Euro matches, you then just leave the number of places lacking without registration - but signing Russell from Dundee U strait off is a good idea to get a nation trained player in, hoping that Wolves get relegated after the first season so Fletcher becomes interested in joining is also ok ;-)

I guess I will have to do manual work in setting up fixtures.. perhaps play reserves of the other Scottish sides.

Will post a list of my dealings later this week, probably want to finish the first half of the season first. Played some youth in the cup match, but 3 matches til the final is hardly going to make a difference. I'd rather let them play reserve fixtures, in addition to the cup, as they will get plenty of playtime there. Celtic has some very good tutors, something I'd like to utilize.

Figured that I have to leave the spots empty (Not new to FM, just carp at it) but this meant I had to leave a number of guys unregistered whom I think could have made a difference. Well, suppose EURO will also be a learning experience for the youth.

On a side note: Managed to get Man City as a parent club! Should lead to some quality loanees for the second season onward.

Just had my transfer kitty bumped up with £10m to £31m in november (2nd season)

We don't need a strong Rangers to earn decent money

(I have £41m in the bank - transfer dealing broke even in the summer with most of my buys over £48m and sell on strait money, so there will be some costs still to pay)

came up against the holding Champions (Chelsea - again) in the knock out stage, and out I went - Chelsea went on to the final only to loose it to Barca - I would like to have an easier 1st knockout round this season

Had a clear out in the summer -

out went both my first choice DC's and in came Savic (Man City) and Kaboul (Spurs) with a French newgen as backup

out went my first team central midfield and a Dutch newgen that I had last year to and record signing Jucilei now boss the midfield

Last major signing were Adam Johnson to take over from Dos Santos at ML

more have left, and more newgens have joined

came up against the holding Champions (Chelsea - again) in the knock out stage, and out I went - Chelsea went on to the final only to loose it to Barca - I would like to have an easier 1st knockout round this season

Had a clear out in the summer -

out went both my first choice DC's and in came Savic (Man City) and Kaboul (Spurs) with a French newgen as backup

out went my first team central midfield and a Dutch newgen that I had last year to and record signing Jucilei now boss the midfield

Last major signing were Adam Johnson to take over from Dos Santos at ML

more have left, and more newgens have joined

Beauty :D Savic were signed for £4m but lost his starting place in the lineup to my French newgen defender - Sevilla comes in with an £8.5m offer - sold - Toloi brought in as the new backup DC for £2.2m (rated the same amount of stars as Savic both now in the future and looks better statwise) = money in the bank

and up against Valencia in the first knock out stage after Xmas this year for a change

I am currently 25 league matches in. We are sitting top of the table with a 9 points lead on Rangers (who got taken over). Surprisingly, we managed to qualify for the EURO knockout stages top of our group, despite losing our first 2 matches and finishing half of the EURO fixtures with 10 men (All first half red cards). Up next, FC Twente.

Forrest is my star player by a mile, having the most assists as well as goals in our team so far. Am starting to struggle a bit with team harmony with a lot of players wanting first team football. However, I cannot afford to sell the Scottish players right now so trying to balance between giving the subs playtime and not losing too many points.

Patrick Thistle has given us a real scare in the cup! We drew 3-3 during the first match, with the second one ending in 3-2. This makes them the team who passed our defense the most this season so far, and I doubt anyone outside Europe can top that.

A few records to be added

Highest fee received for a single player : Sigporrson £23.5m to Man U

2a7x2f9.jpg

Highest average rating over a season: Stokes/Sigporrson/Sigporrson all 8.34

175lki.jpg

Fastest goal in a match: Paloschi 13 seconds against M. Haifa

33c2fs4.jpg

Archived