MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darbs - stop spamming we dont want a running commantary on each of ur results. If you want to share your results put them all in one post in an orderly manner like everyone else. If you've got a question...ask it!!!

Lambs - very good advice. I;d like to add some very simple but massively effective advice of my own to that 'watch the bloody games', u'll actually c wat need changing if yu just watch the matches.

obad85 - It's generally cosnidered that AMR/AML can play in MR/ML role with no problems what so ever. infact most useually do in real life.

------------------

V4 =

I need to know what needs changing...the fact that the AI is re-ranking your team 2 season down the line is nothing to do with the tactic, i want to here post-patch problems relating to the patch?

i love this tactic so much. I usually use two tactics so i just go into the game with the one i'm not gonna use then swap round icon_biggrin.gif. I beat AEK Athens 6-0 (admittedly friendly cup) and then bayern 5-1 (in the final of the cup). I'm just about to play man utd in the community shield and i feel so sure i will completely kill them. I don't know if others have experienced this but i seem to be injuring lots of other players (useful when its rooney icon_biggrin.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Teflon Don:

I simply unchecked the counter attacking box to cope with the re-rank. It worked fine, but I still switched back and used it for some games. My team play very good passing football though, which may be why it works for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find that works for me as well.

Fuss,

To be honest this tactic still works great after the patch.

Most people are coming around to the same conclusion that the defensive line is set higher. So you were ahead of your time there (i think the pre-patch opinion was around 6)

I have noticed that I have to play with the full backs passing slider to get their passing completion rate up. Same applies to the goal keeper.

Also I have both strikers mentality unchecked so it is the same as the teams, I get a lot less off sides then and I don't notice a massive reduction in goals scored.

Apart from that, it seems fine until the re-ranking kicks in, then you just have to start paying closer attention to the matches.

Still the most successful 07 tactic I have used.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

obad85 - It's generally cosnidered that AMR/AML can play in MR/ML role with no problems what so ever. infact most useually do in real life.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK thanks.

What instructions can be changed in this tactic if the AI is leading the match and playing with defensive mentality?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What instructions can be changed in this tactic if the AI is leading the match and playing with defensive mentality? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I turn off the counter attack and move up my mentality a few steps.

This will invite the AI to counter attack you, so you need to close down his AML and AMR and tigh mark his striker in the opposite instructions.

Just thought id offer this tip that ive found useful. If it looks as if the AI has got your target man marked out the game try switching your target man to a small quick pacey striker and set target man supply to run onto ball, tell your goal keeper to aim for your more attacking central midfielder. Ive found that your midfielder will try and get the ball over the top and put in the path of your quick striker. Works well with Danny Hanyes and Owen Garvan of Ipswich.

I've used version 3 all season with 2 different files and its almost flawless, i get a lot of 5-0s but there is one flaw. And thats playing against teams that play 4-2-3-1 with the 3 being tight in the middle. Such as Liverpool or a few teams in Spain. I have to use a completely different formation as I am liable to get beaten heavily.

Is there anyway to get this tactic to work against that formation?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What instructions can be changed in this tactic if the AI is leading the match and playing with defensive mentality? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I turn off the counter attack and move up my mentality a few steps.

This will invite the AI to counter attack you, so you need to close down his AML and AMR and tigh mark his striker in the opposite instructions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's good will try it, but in this case what do you think of giving my Fullbacks attacking duties as they are quality.(in my second season with charlton and got Esparza (DL) and Ratinho (DR) )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlayUpPompey:

I've used version 3 all season with 2 different files and its almost flawless, i get a lot of 5-0s but there is one flaw. And thats playing against teams that play 4-2-3-1 with the 3 being tight in the middle. Such as Liverpool or a few teams in Spain. I have to use a completely different formation as I am liable to get beaten heavily.

Is there anyway to get this tactic to work against that formation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To add to this i am playing against chelsea at home. Their formation is 4-1-3-2.

How to tweak Fuss tactic to be effective against them? icon_rolleyes.gif

V4 news:

Major overhaul dosn't seem needed, so here's what i'm probably changing:

-Shooting = reduced to short for all but targetman.

-Defensive line = Fullbacks, mild passing adjustments.

-Goal Keeper = Passing adjustments.

-Mentality = alter slightly for afew players.

-Tackling = alter to easy for some players to reduce cardrate.

That's about it folks, I dont see any flaws in this tactic as it is and so I wont be making any big changes.

V4 will be my last version after which i will set about working on a new tactic a 4-5-1...

That's about all I've done to tweak mine too, although I upped the closing of the centre backs a notch or two as well, as they were hanging back and allowing shots from range, which was where I was conceding almost half my goals from (i don't concede many).

Also, don't know if you can alter anything to change it (I can't think of anything other than to experiment with set pieces), but I concede a fair few from set pieces too icon_frown.gif

Still, only conceded 16 in 36, scored 83. .

I think i've got offencive set-peices setup well now, I score from alot of corners, so they wont be changed.

Not sure about defensive set-peices, I do conceed afew from them yes, but no more than is realistic, i dont think theres anyway to stop them all going in. Yu could always bring back the one striker that is left up for most set-peices, this will give you an extra man but will kamper you're counter-attacks after set-peices.

As for the DCs, personaly i set one to close down 2 notches higher than the other...this way there is still one back if there needs to be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darbs:

Can someone tell me how you take a screen shot please ?

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when you want take a screen shot press Prt SC Sys Rq button near top of your keyboard, then open paint,press Ctrl+v, save as jpeg and then whatever you want call it, then upload it to either imageshack or photobucket.

I've been doing very well with a modified version of V3, but has anyone else noticed that the attacking midfielder doesn't really seem to get into the game so much?

I mean I have had some very good players playing in that position, such as Anderson (Porto), Diego (Bremen), Sneijder, the list goes one, but none of them really stand out at all. They just seem to play 7's or so with the odd goal here and there. Over the course of the season, their average is usually just above 7 (like 7.15) and about 5 goals? I've tried tweaking them a bit, encouraging more runs, throughballs, shots, etc. but it's not really doing it very much.

Any ideas anyone?

Thats because this tactic uses flank play and as such a AMC isn't particually utilized. I have created a version of V3 where both central midfielders are more a DMC style, it works very well but most people want to play there amazing AMCs somewhere.

I'll consider making it an away tactic.

your not supposed to open the document, it isnt compressed.

Just put it in:

My Documents/

Sports Interactive/

Football Manager 07/

Tactic/

And then ingame click 'import' in the drop-down tactics menu and navigate to it...done.

Hi Folks,

Im struggling again. Got relegated from thh Prem with Ipswich and I expected to bounce straight back up as Ive got a very good side. However... Im now bottom of the championship after 16 games and only won 2 Games. Fixtures as follows:-

(a) Crewe 2-2

(h) Huddersfieled 1-1

(a) Preston 2-1 (L)

(h) Leicester 2-1 (L)

(a) Bournemouth 4-1 (w) (league Cup)

(a) Bristol Rovers 1-1

(h) Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 (W)

(a) Luton 2-1 (L)

(h) Burnley 0-0

(h) Millwall 0-0

(h) Fulham 2-1 (L) FA Cup

(a) Southampton 0-0

(h) QPR 1-0 (L)

(a) Cardiff 6-1 !!! (L)

(h) Reading 2-1 (L)

(a) Derby 1-1.

Out of 12 League games ive scored 12 and conceded 20 !!!. It seems as if my team keeps giving the ball away in midfield all the time and that puts pressure on my defenders..especially my full backs as most goals I conceade seem to be from cross's coming into the box. Im playing the original V3 with a few of the suggested tweaks but doesnt seem to matter what I try I just cant win a game. this is now my 5th Season, its strange because a frined of mine is also playing with Ipswich using V3 and is undefeated in 18 games !!!! in his first season. Any ideas or suggestions ?

Barbs,

I think you may be a victim of poor moral coupled with poor choice of team talks or media comments (I don't mean to sound like I was insulting you then).

Team talks can make a huge impact on your teams performance. I think we can safely say that teams now get jadded of hearing the same talk each match.

Try drastically changing your talks and blow your top at half time if they are not performing.

Also study the match stats, your off-sides and low pass completion can lose you games. Ever incomplete pass or off-side hands the ball back to the opposition and allows them to apply pressure.

If you are loosing the ball in mid field try this:

1) Set your team mentality more defensive.

2) Set a fast striker with good composure and finishing as your target man.

3) Change your target man supply to run on to the ball.

4) Ensure that your midfield and center backs have play through balls set to often.

5) Uncheck the mentality box on your stikers so that they use the same mentality as the team, this stops them getting caught off side as much.

This should result in you spending a long time pinned in your half and then your midfield or defenders hoofing it forward for your striker to run onto which should result in some one-on-ones.

To cut out crosses from their wingers, reduce your mentality on the full backs, increase their closing down, make forward runs rarely and push up the team defensive line to 15. I would also experiment with removing the barrow, you want them to attack the opposition wingers and not back away from them.

Also make one of your central defenders slightly more defensive if they have an odd number of attackers.

This got me out of a slump when I had the same thing happening, mine was only a 5 match slump caused by all 3 first tream choices for tall target man being injured, at one point I had to hoof the ball towards a fast central defender as he had my best heading, jumping and Finishing, but doing the above resulted in an isnstant turn around in fortunes.

I'm using V2 of the tactic as I've been scared off of using V3 and downloading the patch due to all the negative comments I saw concerning the patch.

I'm playing with Fiorentina and haven't lost a game yet (9 wins and 4 draws thank you) but my offense is woefully inept. Horrific actually and I have Toni for a target man. I make tweaks when needed and scored 3 goals in one half once to come back and win a game but other than that my attack absolutely sucks!

Any suggestions whatsoever?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

If you see a low pass completetion for a player then change his passing, its is usually the goal keeper and fall backs for me. (if the whole team has poor pass completion, try tweeking the tempo) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have this problem with my GK, DR and the more attacking MC. What do I need to change the passing to though? More direct or short? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsl:

I have this problem with my GK, DR and the more attacking MC. What do I need to change the passing to though? More direct or short? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wrote this in a hurry, so let me explain it a bit better.

Your GK is set to hoof the ball with a long kick. So it is most likely the players he is kicking to that are loosing out with the headers.

1st) try and set the "distribute to" your target man. If he wins more of these balls then the pass completlion will improve. Make sure your your target man is on the same side as the oppositions worst jumping and heading(or slowest if they are the same) central defender.

2nd)If this doesn't work then you will have to set your goal keepers distribution "to defender collect", but watch out for getting interceptions that cost you goals.

My DR sucks as well, pull his passing rate shorter, less skillful players will lose the ball less to interceptions then. You can also reduce the cross ball to rarely, this should make him choose his crosses more wisely.

Not had the problem with my MC, I would suggest that your reduce his through balls to mixed. Maybe set his cross aim to your fast striker as he is the one you want running onto the ball. This is purely theory.

feed back on the success of these would be appreciated, they work for me, but I would love to know that they work for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My DR sucks as well, pull his passing rate shorter, less skillful players will lose the ball less to interceptions then. You can also reduce the cross ball to rarely, this should make him choose his crosses more wisely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot to say, this is the opposite of what you should expect, but it seems to work.

Fuss + co, good tact, good thread, very helpful but not perfect (but that's the fun). My comments: (Playing HSV /Hamburg a team w/ limited budget, a 4th place team but no more):

Using your V3 90% of the time: improved from 5th to 4th narrowly missing Champ Leag, because...

- But still Losing TOO MANY BIG games against better teams!! of course I try adjustments but still, any tips here?

- had a major AI reavaluation after 2 seasons, 3rd being ext. difficult. = (I find it hard too believe one should play only 1 tact. throughout season, do none of u ever change your tact.?). I decided i needed a offensive variaton of Min Fuss so.. against weak team, at home I simply play a 4-4-2 Diamond wide (narrow might work too?), keeping all your settings but just w/ a real AMC and DMC. This works very well against weak teams, or playing at home)...but my 2 major questions remain:

- how do you beat a better team in a big game (tweaks?)?

- do you really always play same formations (for seasons and seasons -this seems unrealistic)?

don't you think one needs at least a 2nd formation to mix up the AI everynow and then...?

John,

I do tend to stick to one tactical shape. A 4-4-2, but I change the sliders and instructions about to suit my team and the opposition.

I have an Away version which I also use against better teams and the dreaded 4-2-4 in the last 10 minutes. This has:

*Mentality set more defensive by 3 steps

*Barrows removed off my full backs

*Full back closing down increase slighly by 2 steps

*Full backs forward runs set to rarely

*Right central defender mentality slightly reduced by 2 steps

*Width set to center of slider

*I set the tempo and passing style more faster and direct if a team likes to play slow and short, and vice versa.

Lots of small tweeks to suit my players, such as my right full back has more creative freedom to suit his style.

But I am also struggling against the big teams, seem to win 50% of these encounters, just followed a home 4-1 mauling at the hands of Man Utd with a 3-1 victory away at Arsenal. But my current Target man is Antoine Sibierski (have a look how pants he is) due to injuries, which is obviously a weakness as this tactic needs a good target man, I hope to get my form back when I finally get a decent target man, Alan Smith or Peter Crouch would be great, but my increase budget of 450k is not that great.

I am now playing as Newcastle and I am aiming to finish 3nd in my first season, but the chasing pack are all close, so a few points dropped could see me in 7th. For the record Chelski are top and clear by 12 points having only draw 2 and lost 2!

I've finished it, but yet to really test it yet.

It's not massively different from V3 so dont get ur hpes up on a big update, just afew mild tweaks to adapt to the patch...a list of which can be found above anyway.

FuSS, your tactic is a God-send.

After using your tactic and tweaking it a little here and there, I have gone unbeaten in 12 matches (drawn just once). The goals are flying in as well. I have to tweak the defence a little more but I'm not complaining.

Great tactic.

Guest Janneoster

nknitro:

Do you play with the patch.

And if you do kan you please upload it so we can test it.

I´m currently playing with patch and 3 teams in different leagues.

Pre patch i played with fuss v.1 and it worked great.

I'm playing in the lower leagues using v3 and although I hit some major speed bumps (Bournemouth) I have finally gotten the team sorted out, and I have a very good regular 11 now with some minor ins and outs, but I am scoring like crazy and NOT conceding. I was relagated using v2 but I think it was more players than anything, but now with V3 and looking more at the opposition and having a killer morale, I am steadily climbing just past New Year's in 2008. My FR is a fellow from Spain named Katxorro who has scored 7 in his last 4 games. I am getting chances galore and not giving up anything with this tactic. I also take the advice of my advance scout pretty heavily, and look to close down their best players, and always mark their wingers closely. I'm not running into Arjen Robben in League 2 at the moment, but paying attention to your scouts, and your stats, and your morale plays a big part in the success int he game, IMO. Long Live Fuss!

Rog

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but paying attention to your scouts, and your stats, and your morale plays a big part in the success in the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rufusabc, you speak the words of a shaman. I cannot stress the importance of that statement too much. Moral can be a killer, I just had a terrible spell caused by an unwise comment to a mangaer that upset my team and galvernised his. Took me 4 games to reverse the trend and get my winning ways back.

FUSS, I don't use MSM after a nasty experience with a file containing a trojan. But I'll add my e-mail to my profile when I get a chance and drop you a note. I'd love to get my grubby paws on v4 and see how close it is to my tactic.

Devils_haven

Quality of players will always play a part, I am having better results with my Tamworth conference squad than I am with Newcastle, but my target man for Newcastle sucks Satan's tool, in fact I replaced him with a central defender for a while and had better success. While my target men in Tamworth a way better than the rest of the league.

Wheels have just come off the bus for Newcastle, doesn't matter what I do I can't seem to get a result. Now I know re-ranking and injuries have played a part, but I feel like the game is realy taking the pee. Food poisoning for Shay Given for the 2nd time this year before a big away match. Another injury for my target man, which I could understand if his condition was low, or I was over working him, but I'm treating them with kitt gloves as they are so needed.

This has resulted in my last 5 away games being defeats apart from one draw. Going to play Bully on the PS2 until I can work out what the hell has gone wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikos9:

Maybe is great, but don't work.I'm form Poland and this page don't work :/.

Cany anyone host all version in the other server ? Please !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is v3 of Fuss' tactic on rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/7216557/MiNiMaL_FuSS_07_v3.tac.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cheers Lambs I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lambs,

Sorry for the delay ive been a bit busy at work.

I tried out your tatic adjustments and guess what. I won my next 5 games and kept 4 clean sheets !! excellent work matey cheers for the tips.

Archived