How come there isn't any voice-over commentary in this game?

I feel it's more realistic WITHOUT audio commentary. Do managers have headphones, listening to commentators during matches? Not really. It would be even more realistic if there was a Manager Camera View, along with the others, like Broadcast, or Sideline, etc. It would probably be a lot of work in terms of graphics, but it's worth trying. If it turns out to be a bad idea we can always use the other camera options.

#31 has said the truth

For the same reason we already have visual commentary? Or can see a 2D overhead representation of the game, or pause the match at any time so we can look at pass percentage stats. :p

It proves how bad the FM's sound is. Will you turn off sounds when playing WE or FIFA?

i dont know what WE is and i have never played FIFA so cant say to be honest, i just dont see the need for the sounds, i play the game at a high highlight speed so the sounds are pointless.

i dont know what WE is and i have never played FIFA so cant say to be honest, i just dont see the need for the sounds, i play the game at a high highlight speed so the sounds are pointless.

Winning Eleven (i.e. PES)

WE is Winning Eleven, in Euro it calls PES

Game can set voice commentary just with normal speed, otherwise voice commentary should be turned off automatically

EA has done this with a number of titles- their NHL series had voice commentary, and while it was fun at first, it got repetitive and silly fairly quickly. at some point you just run out of new lines, and its a slog to hear. Just to get a decent variety SI would have to record hours upon hours of tracks, it would inevitably not match the action in place, and no way could they have some commentator read off thousands of first and last names separately just to insert into the the commentary to cover the DB. My current save has a db of 125,000 players . . . What a waste of resources that should go into firming up the game in other areas. As one poster said, it would just get shut off my the majority either right off, or within a week

For me the BIG QUESTION is... Why is the text commentaty in FM2011 as good as is was in FM2010, FM2009.... CM93/94??

I know, i know... it has some differences, but no major ones! Your team wins the league... and nothing special happens! common, at least 15 or 20 lines of rubish text saying something like:

"oh my god| they've done it! and i never expected, because this team should only achive the 5º or 6º place"

or

"They won! They were favorites, but still, great work from manager XXXXXX"

You now what i mean?

Because, winning the league or the champions league happens one time every season (at most), so why dont SI give some 15 or 20 lines of text at the end of those game?

I dont think we need commentary . Yes, FIFA manager has it but their engine is from FIFA games . SI made it's own 3d engine , so I think it's very impressive ( and gameplay is much much better than FIFA's). All I want now is better animations and graphics ( especially players). Also a bit longer cut-scenes after games.

I dont think we need commentary . Yes, FIFA manager has it but their engine is from FIFA games . SI made it's own 3d engine , so I think it's very impressive ( and gameplay is much much better than FIFA's). All I want now is better animations and graphics ( especially players). Also a bit longer cut-scenes after games.

Engine is not problem, a Chinese guy has added voice commentary into FM 2011, #51 has said

One of the things about FM that appeals to me is how it lends itself so well to multi tasking. I don't think I could actually play FM without some kind of TV/music in the background, I'd turn the sound effects off however great they were.

Completely agree- I worked my way through grad school playing FM, and managed to write a doctoral dissertation with it up and running...sound would wreck that

Open \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\events\match_sounds.cfg

You will know that mix the voice commentary and sound files(\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\sounds\default), you will easliy get voice commentary in the game

You can record voice commentary yourself, or capture them from TV LIVE/RECORD

Archived