FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

The competition I'm trying to create does have 2 champions but only one is recorded (for the closing stage), but I have managed to narrow down the problem - there is no longer a 3rd placed team in the History, just a winner and runner up. But I'm still nowhere near complete just yet. I had a look at the Ecuador league but that only has one champion as there is a final at the end that determines the champion for the year. Everything else in my competition works at the moment - qualification to the continental competition and the playoffs for the two stages. I still need to work on it though as I want to figure it out for myself. If anyone has any ideas how to get 2 champions for each stage please let me know.

Doesn't recreating the Argentina Nation file solve the problem? If you need to recreate the competition, I don't think it would be easy to recreate the three year average promotion system. You could get the champion and runner up to qualify for the Libertadores if you decide to recreate as one league stage. Although recreating the Opening and Closing stages is easy enough, the problem is that it might only record one winner in the History.

As for the 3 year average system, it might be possible to do something like having hidden stages - the first one will add up the tally for the year, then the next stage could have the results from that previous stage, and finally do the same thing for the third and final stage, which doesn't need to be hidden. You'd need to find a way of getting the results to carry after each season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First page of this very forum. The only difference between how it is now and before the supercup was introduced is that instead of the playoff stage specificly getting the 7th placed of the top tier it was like the one for the second tier, getting the qualified team from stage.

EDIT - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/248175-Advanced-Editor-Andorran-Leagues.

Our cat now also knows I'm frustrated with the editor. :o

Try asking the cat to see if it has the answer you are looking for :)

One problem I had with crashes involved Reserve Teams not being set up correctly. I really would advise that you start out plain and simple, and add from there. Save your files every time you make a small edit, and test each one. If one fails, revert to an older one.

Thanks Magicmastermind, maybe in a few days or few weeks time. For now I need a break from editing.

Apologies for my harsh words earlier, but the frustration-level is so high that I needed to shout to someone or something.

Our cat now also knows I'm frustrated with the editor. :o

I consider myself a pretty intelligent guy, but the advanced rules drive me crazy. For this moment anyway.

So a few days rest will suit me nicely.

That's why I have like 4 or 5 different projects at the same time - every time I get frustrated with one, I start a different one and then go back to the one I was frustrated with some days later after I failed to make the new one work.

The competition I'm trying to create does have 2 champions but only one is recorded (for the closing stage), but I have managed to narrow down the problem - there is no longer a 3rd placed team in the History, just a winner and runner up. But I'm still nowhere near complete just yet. I had a look at the Ecuador league but that only has one champion as there is a final at the end that determines the champion for the year. Everything else in my competition works at the moment - qualification to the continental competition and the playoffs for the two stages. I still need to work on it though as I want to figure it out for myself. If anyone has any ideas how to get 2 champions for each stage please let me know.

Doesn't recreating the Argentina Nation file solve the problem? If you need to recreate the competition, I don't think it would be easy to recreate the three year average promotion system. You could get the champion and runner up to qualify for the Libertadores if you decide to recreate as one league stage. Although recreating the Opening and Closing stages is easy enough, the problem is that it might only record one winner in the History.

As for the 3 year average system, it might be possible to do something like having hidden stages - the first one will add up the tally for the year, then the next stage could have the results from that previous stage, and finally do the same thing for the third and final stage, which doesn't need to be hidden. You'd need to find a way of getting the results to carry after each season.

Magicmastermind: when I only add the nation rules (with the advanced editor), it works unless I add in the second division, and then I get a crash dump (I followed the exact template of the italy and spain files here, which work, but those add in the competitions as well, which is very time consuming). But I'm pretty OK with that. By only adding the nation rules instead of having to add the competitions it saves me a ridiculous amount of time (and I would avoid having to deal with the mess that re-creating the Argentine league would be). Any ideas though on why adding the second division makes it crash? I would like to play with the second division.

I would try and give you ideas on how to make the winner per stage work but I'm stumped (I looked at the Ecuador file and it was pretty hard to understand). It seems that you're by far the best editor here so your guess is as good as anyone's.

I've activated a section which lists all database changes. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work when you remove them, you must still remove them by going into changes in the item itself (e.g. a Nation or a Person). Plus the format is terrible. I'm working at improving it and making it easier to use. I'm starting with adding properties to the enums.xml file so that phrases like Nnam are changed to Name, and also when an edit involves a Nation or Person it also says Nation or Person. There were several other database change types not included at first so if a change was made to them the first part would be blank - that is no longer the case as I have added them in. I'll update on the progress - I hope to make it easy to find your database changes and also link into the edited item so you can remove any changes you wish.

I did the same thing and it doesn't work for Portugal either. This makes NO sense. I add nation rules for Argentina following the same format as the Italy/Spain files (but no competitions added), and it works (if you don't select the second division). But I try the same EXACT formula for the Portugese and Dutch leagues (and I've triple checked to make sure everything was the same) and I get a crash dump before starting. Can someone help?

Edit: I go to the Italy file and under list remove all of the competitions (leaving the nation). That also causes a crash dump when I try to start the game (these crash dumps are always before the screen where I pick the teams btw).

So right now I can get the Argentine league to work (only the top division) by only adding in 'nation' under list, but when I do the same thing for any other league it doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? If not, I can re-create all of the competitions under advanced rules (already did it for Spain), but that will take a really long time. I'm willing to do it but I really don't want to if I can avoid it.

Edit again: here is my Portugal file: http://uploading.com/files/931e4a5c/porexperiment.xml/

If someone could tell me how to do this without having to add the competitions, that would be amazing. There are two cups in Portugal and one of them will be a huge pain in the ass to add. So if I could figure out how to do this (0 foreigner rule) without having to re-create the competitions, that would be amazing.

For all folks who want to have a look on how to set up playoffs, multiple league stages, complex cup competitions etc., a look into my Mali-File may be of some help. It has been done with the advanced panel and an enormous amount of work and hours with try and error went into this since early November.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/248464-FM2011-Release-MALI-League-Structure-for-FM2011-(Ultra-High-Quality!!!!)

Aaaarrrggg, I followed the same exact format of my Argentine file when creating my Dutch nation rules and I get a crash dump every time the game starts!!!! Any ideas?

Exactly my problem too!!!

I'm beginning to suspect there is a problem with the Dutch custom database, and when trying to edit that, it crashes the game.

Exactly my problem too!!!

I'm beginning to suspect there is a problem with the Dutch custom database, and when trying to edit that, it crashes the game.

It's a possibility, but the same thing happened with Portugal and with Italy. What I don't get is that when I removed the competitions from the Italy file and kept the nation "section" (not sure what you'd call it, but when you go to list and add nation) it gave me a crash dump. This doesn't make sense considering the file works fine when you don't do that.

What are you having troubles with on your database? Is it only the cup? Try loading my (fraudiay79's) Italy file. That has a cup in it, maybe you can follow that format. My Spain and Italy files work fine, it's just that I REALLY want to figure out how to just add the nation rules (0 foreigners) without having to re-do all of the competitions. Re-creating them takes an incredible amount of time and I won't be able to accurately replicate some of them (the complicated ones like Argentina and Mexico). So if I can add the nation rules (0 foreigners) and not have to add the competitions (what I mean by that is going to List and clicking add and adding a competition, which means you have to re-create its format basically), that would be awesome. If anyone can help me with this, that would be great. I have been able to do it with Argentina when you don't add the second division, but I get crash dumps before I choose teams with all of the other ones I tried (Italy, Portugal, Holland).

If it's not possible to do this (add a nation rule of 0 foreigners without having to re-create the competition) than let me know, that way I can get started on the laborious process of re-making all of the competitions in Europe. But I don't want to continue that process until I am absolutely sure that it is impossible to add nation rules (in my case, 0 foreigners) without having to re-create the comps, like I did in my Spain file and in that Italy file. The Spain file took like 3 hours, which isn't that bad, but I have to do it for many other comps, and some of them have a complicated format (ie Portugal's league cup).

For all folks who want to have a look on how to set up playoffs, multiple league stages, complex cup competitions etc., a look into my Mali-File may be of some help. It has been done with the advanced panel and an enormous amount of work and hours with try and error went into this since early November.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/248464-FM2011-Release-MALI-League-Structure-for-FM2011-(Ultra-High-Quality!!!!)

Thanks! I'll take a look. It's very helpful to see other peoples' files. If you want you can add it to my other thread, where I'm trying to collect files of pyramids made with the advanced editor.

It's a possibility, but the same thing happened with Portugal and with Italy. What I don't get is that when I removed the competitions from the Italy file and kept the nation "section" (not sure what you'd call it, but when you go to list and add nation) it gave me a crash dump. This doesn't make sense considering the file works fine when you don't do that.

What are you having troubles with on your database? Is it only the cup? Try loading my (fraudiay79's) Italy file. That has a cup in it, maybe you can follow that format. My Spain and Italy files work fine, it's just that I REALLY want to figure out how to just add the nation rules (0 foreigners) without having to re-do all of the competitions. Re-creating them takes an incredible amount of time and I won't be able to accurately replicate some of them (the complicated ones like Argentina and Mexico). So if I can add the nation rules (0 foreigners) and not have to add the competitions (what I mean by that is going to List and clicking add and adding a competition, which means you have to re-create its format basically), that would be awesome. If anyone can help me with this, that would be great. I have been able to do it with Argentina when you don't add the second division, but I get crash dumps before I choose teams with all of the other ones I tried (Italy, Portugal, Holland).

If it's not possible to do this (add a nation rule of 0 foreigners without having to re-create the competition) than let me know, that way I can get started on the laborious process of re-making all of the competitions in Europe. But I don't want to continue that process until I am absolutely sure that it is impossible to add nation rules (in my case, 0 foreigners) without having to re-create the comps, like I did in my Spain file and in that Italy file. The Spain file took like 3 hours, which isn't that bad, but I have to do it for many other comps, and some of them have a complicated format (ie Portugal's league cup).

Just add the competitions and set "0" for their version.

What are you having troubles with on your database? Is it only the cup?

At first, I had a test-database in which the competitions up and until the Topklasse worked fine. I added a new format for the cup, and the game crashed.

In another test-database (based on Uncle Ron's English database), the game crashed right away when I tried to create the Topklasse-competition.

I believe the errors are solvable, but you need to put a little more effort in it. Like Magicmastermind said: it takes a lot of patience to create a well-working database with the advanced panels.

Patience which I don't have at the moment, so I lay my project to rest for a while. Maybe in a couple of days I will take the challenge back on.

Just add the competitions and set "0" for their version.

Thank you very much, this is a new suggestion, and you are correct. I went into the Italy file and removed EVERYTHING: stages, fixtures, until I was only left with the nation and competition (on the list). On the competition, I kept the original changes left on it (under the type and competition tabs) but removed the stages, fixtures, schedule, etc. It worked (after each one I would create a new save and try it out). And when I removed the Serie B, it worked if I didn't add Serie B. Shockingly, when I removed the cups, it worked too (including the cups, those games happened without any problems), though of course if I removed Serie A that didn't work. When I tried the same thing with Holland (only adding one competition other than nation, the Eredivisie) and it didn't work, but I did get it to work when I added all of the competitions and made sure everything on the type and competition tabs were fine. So it seems that this method is correct, and that you saved me tons of time, energy, and from having to create a watered-down version of all the leagues' rules.

I used the same exact format with Portugal, it didn't work. I TRIPLE checked it, and everything is set up the same exact way as my Holland and Italy files, but it still doesn't work. I'm not sure why. Maybe it has to do with the fact that there is an extra cup? I made sure the correct type was set under competition (taca is main cup, bwin is league cup). Could someone please look at the file and tell me what I did wrong? I'm stumped. Thanks.

http://uploading.com/files/m2ebe819/porexperiment.xml/

I changed the starting dates of the cups from September to August (unlike most cups, they actually start in September) but neither version worked.

Edit: I went to my Holland file, got rid of all the competitions other than the Eredivisie, and it works (just like it did in the Italy file). So I thought maybe if I tried the same thing with the Portugal file it might work, but it didn't. No matter what I do it doesn't work, and I've quadruple checked it to make sure it's the exact same as the Italy and Holland files. It doesn't make sense.

I'm just getting familiar with the advanced editor. The option for contracts to be verified means what in game terms?

Also, I have set up an Algerian league and opted for my matchdays to be Saturdays and Wednesday yet after constant fiddling with the options the games are mostly played on a Tuesday. I dont understand why.

Thanks for your work on this magicmastermind

edit..I'm thinking the reason I see a lot of games scheduled on a Tuesday is maybe because of lots of teams from the same city are playing that day so they are pushed a day early?

San Marino league is still giveing me headaches - Using Get League teams from stage just crashes the game on the date it's meant to happen.

I managed to make it not be random - but when ordering the teams it doesn't take into account the two groups, i.e. instead of getting the second and third of each group, it just gets the four worse in general, meaning it could be 2-2, 3-1, or even 4-0.

San Marino league is still giveing me headaches - Using Get League teams from stage just crashes the game on the date it's meant to happen.

I managed to make it not be random - but when ordering the teams it doesn't take into account the two groups, i.e. instead of getting the second and third of each group, it just gets the four worse in general, meaning it could be 2-2, 3-1, or even 4-0.

You might need to use the Team Ordering system for the DKO stage.

Hey Guys - has anyone EVER managed to set up a competition for youth national teams with the advanced rules? I still want to try Olympic Qualifiers, but I've still no idea how to get the U23 national teams to enter the competition...

Can someone please take a look at this file? It's much simpler than the stuff you guys are talking about: http://uploading.com/files/m2ebe819/porexperiment.xml/

I added Portugal as a nation, set it to version 2, added the competitions, added the fixture rule (0 foreigners), and then I added all the competitions under list (Liga Sagres, Liga Orangina, Taca de Portugal, Bwin Cup, Supertaca) and set them on version 0 (and of course added the correct info on the 'Competition' tab).

This is a direct copy of my Italy file that works (which was taken from fraudiay79's template that he gave me). There is NO reason this file shouldn't work. If someone could please take a look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong, that'd be great.

Note: I discovered that you do have to add all of the competitions under list, not just the top domestic division, or else you will get a crash dump when you go to the next season. But I did everything correctly with this Portugal file and QUINTUPLE checked it and it still doesn't work. It's extremely frustrating. I've had this game for two weeks and all I've wanted to do is play it with one simple modification (no foreigners), but when one thing works the next thing doesn't.

Edit: forgot to mention, when I used the same exact format for my Argentina and Holland files, it worked. So there is no reason the Portugal one shouldn't.

When I tried doing the same thing for my Belgium file, it wouldn't let me select it as a league on the league selection screen and had a triangle with an exclamation point. It said that there was a max of 16 teams set for the Second League (which is how many teams are in the league according to wikipedia) when there were actually 18. So I went to the editor, set the Second League to having 18 teams (under nation and required teams), and then it allowed me to select Belgium on the leagues screen. So when I tried to start a save with them, even though I only had the Pro League selected (not the Second League), it gave me a crash dump. But this time, it said Warning: array access out of bounds, and when I clicked OK, then it gave the crash dump message.

Has anyone experienced this? Is the advanced editor just screwy with some leagues? If you want I can post the Belgium file as well.

vikingwind, check my andorra file.

thanks i had do this yestoday

i only want to make a league and a playoff

so i delete all about cham/rele group match in your file

but in game i found the next season every clubs has no matches

would please delete cham/rele group match of andorra for me

Check in the game in case the Youth Teams have a different Unique ID. Then edit the xml when adding new teams if they are different.

As far as I am aware, youth national teams don't have unique IDs that are displayed anywhere!

thanks i had do this yestoday

i only want to make a league and a playoff

so i delete all about cham/rele group match in your file

but in game i found the next season every clubs has no matches

would please delete cham/rele group match of andorra for me

If you upload your file I'll have a look at it for you.

Hi,

I'm trying to make a South Pacific Nations Cup on my game (basically Oceania minus New Zealand), but I'm having great difficulty and I wonder if anyone could have a quick look for me?

I've set up everything, fixture and team wise (as far as I can tell) but strangely the only thing that happens is this:

95u9ec.jpg

The 'South Pacific Cup' appears as a drop-down menu, with the usual stuff like 'Fixtures/Results' 'Stats' etc. However clicking on one of these just takes it straight to the 'World' page as you can see. It doesn't (and never has) appeared under the Oceania tab (with the OFC Cup) for some reason.

None of the fixtures have been played and there is no recognition other than this that the tournament actually exists.

Please can someone have a look at the xml and set me on the right direction! Thanks :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eom8ur

Can someone please take a look at this file? It's much simpler than the stuff you guys are talking about: http://uploading.com/files/m2ebe819/porexperiment.xml/

I added Portugal as a nation, set it to version 2, added the competitions, added the fixture rule (0 foreigners), and then I added all the competitions under list (Liga Sagres, Liga Orangina, Taca de Portugal, Bwin Cup, Supertaca) and set them on version 0 (and of course added the correct info on the 'Competition' tab).

This is a direct copy of my Italy file that works (which was taken from fraudiay79's template that he gave me). There is NO reason this file shouldn't work. If someone could please take a look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong, that'd be great.

Note: I discovered that you do have to add all of the competitions under list, not just the top domestic division, or else you will get a crash dump when you go to the next season. But I did everything correctly with this Portugal file and QUINTUPLE checked it and it still doesn't work. It's extremely frustrating. I've had this game for two weeks and all I've wanted to do is play it with one simple modification (no foreigners), but when one thing works the next thing doesn't.

Edit: forgot to mention, when I used the same exact format for my Argentina and Holland files, it worked. So there is no reason the Portugal one shouldn't.

When I tried doing the same thing for my Belgium file, it wouldn't let me select it as a league on the league selection screen and had a triangle with an exclamation point. It said that there was a max of 16 teams set for the Second League (which is how many teams are in the league according to wikipedia) when there were actually 18. So I went to the editor, set the Second League to having 18 teams (under nation and required teams), and then it allowed me to select Belgium on the leagues screen. So when I tried to start a save with them, even though I only had the Pro League selected (not the Second League), it gave me a crash dump. But this time, it said Warning: array access out of bounds, and when I clicked OK, then it gave the crash dump message.

Has anyone experienced this? Is the advanced editor just screwy with some leagues? If you want I can post the Belgium file as well.

Using the same method, I was able to get Greece and Turkey to work (along with Argentina and Holland, that I had gotten to work earlier), but not Ukraine, Russia, or Uruguay. I re-did the Portugal file and it didn't work either. I know I'm not doing anything wrong, I have the whole thing memorized, so I really don't understand why this isn't working. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Edit: also, using the same format, I tried to make a 0 foreigner rule for the Champions League. I added the continent Europe, added the competitions under it (Champions League and Europa League), then added the fixture rules, then added the Champions League and Europa League under list as competitions (version 0), filling out the appropriate data, and it didn't work. I didn't get a crash dump, but the 0 foreigner rule didn't show up. Anyone?

Edit again: I got Mexico to work as well. I can deal with Uruguay staying as it is, but fixing Portugal, Ukraine, and Russia is an absolute must. Can someone PLEASE help? At least take a look at the file for a second? It's got to be easy for your guys, compared to the other stuff you're doing. It'll just take a second.

Hi,

I'm trying to make a South Pacific Nations Cup on my game (basically Oceania minus New Zealand), but I'm having great difficulty and I wonder if anyone could have a quick look for me?

I've set up everything, fixture and team wise (as far as I can tell) but strangely the only thing that happens is this:

95u9ec.jpg

The 'South Pacific Cup' appears as a drop-down menu, with the usual stuff like 'Fixtures/Results' 'Stats' etc. However clicking on one of these just takes it straight to the 'World' page as you can see. It doesn't (and never has) appeared under the Oceania tab (with the OFC Cup) for some reason.

None of the fixtures have been played and there is no recognition other than this that the tournament actually exists.

Please can someone have a look at the xml and set me on the right direction! Thanks :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eom8ur

I haven't had a look at your file but from what I see in the picture you have listed it as a competition in American Samoa. Instead you should have a Continent File with the competition in there and nowhere else.

Using the same method, I was able to get Greece and Turkey to work (along with Argentina and Holland, that I had gotten to work earlier), but not Ukraine, Russia, or Uruguay. I re-did the Portugal file and it didn't work either. I know I'm not doing anything wrong, I have the whole thing memorized, so I really don't understand why this isn't working. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Edit: also, using the same format, I tried to make a 0 foreigner rule for the Champions League. I added the continent Europe, added the competitions under it (Champions League and Europa League), then added the fixture rules, then added the Champions League and Europa League under list as competitions (version 0), filling out the appropriate data, and it didn't work. I didn't get a crash dump, but the 0 foreigner rule didn't show up. Anyone?

Edit again: I got Mexico to work as well. I can deal with Uruguay staying as it is, but fixing Portugal, Ukraine, and Russia is an absolute must. Can someone PLEASE help? At least take a look at the file for a second? It's got to be easy for your guys, compared to the other stuff you're doing. It'll just take a second.

I tried your Portugal edit and I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

installed the latest version and no solution either... any suggestions?

It might not be extracting properly to the folder. Try extracting it to a folder in your documents, then copy it over.

It is there by default but it is not activated (you have to copy and paste the code into the File section.)

I haven't had a look at your file but from what I see in the picture you have listed it as a competition in American Samoa. Instead you should have a Continent File with the competition in there and nowhere else.

I tried your Portugal edit and I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Really????? You didn't get a crash dump when you tried to load it??? That is, when you go to the start screen, before you choose a manager.

By the way, I successfully did it with South Korea and Brazil. Still trying to figure out Uruguay, Belgium, Russia, and Ukraine (the last two are the only ones I care about). I'm so close to finishing this I can smell it.

Is it something wrong with my computer, do you think? It's an old laptop that has been dropped too many times.

Really????? You didn't get a crash dump when you tried to load it???

By the way, I successfully did it with South Korea and Brazil. Still trying to figure out Uruguay, Belgium, Russia, and Ukraine (the last two are the only ones I care about). I'm so close to finishing this I can smell it.

I should clarify. Yes I did get a crash dump. I couldn't see what was wrong with the file.

I've recently started using the advanced editor. I've managed to create a league from scratch, complete with a second group stage and final, along with an FA Cup and super cup (quick question re this: my super cup didn't run when the same team won both competitions, how can I make it choose the 2nd-placed league team if the same team wins league and cup?), so I'm starting to get the hang of it. Some of the help and files from here have been extremely useful.

I would just like to clarify a couple of things, about competitions:

- Under 'nation', 'division levels', is this the playable league levels?

- Under 'competitions', this is a list of all competitions in the game, and all these need to be listed under advanced rules?

- I'm not completely sure what 'required teams' does, if someone could explain it that would be great.

Cheers guys.

After I choose the leagues and click 'Start game,' while it is loading I always get a crash dump with my files for Portugal, Ukraine, Russia, and Uruguay. On the Blegium one I get a screen that says "warning: array out of bounds," then a crash dump.

Here is a link to my crash dump file for the Portugal one: http://uploading.com/files/6edc1c85/FM%2B2011%2Bv11.2.1.164501%2B%25282011.01.06%2B03.53.16%2529.dmp/

Do you think it's my computer? The whole thing seems so strange to me.

Edit: saw your post.

Anyways, what does it mean and what should I do? Do you think there is something with these leagues (Portugal, Uruguay, Ukraine, Russia) where you can't edit them? Something hard-wired in to FM? Should I keep on adding things (stages, league fixtures) to see if it works? I really don't understand why the same thing doesn't work for two different nations.

I've recently started using the advanced editor. I've managed to create a league from scratch, complete with a second group stage and final, along with an FA Cup and super cup (quick question re this: my super cup didn't run when the same team won both competitions, how can I make it choose the 2nd-placed league team if the same team wins league and cup?), so I'm starting to get the hang of it. Some of the help and files from here have been extremely useful.

I would just like to clarify a couple of things, about competitions:

- Under 'nation', 'division levels', is this the playable league levels?

- Under 'competitions', this is a list of all competitions in the game, and all these need to be listed under advanced rules?

- I'm not completely sure what 'required teams' does, if someone could explain it that would be great.

Cheers guys.

Hey, I'm by no means an expert, but here are a couple answers. If you are referring to the competitions under List, than no, not all of them have to be there. The ones that you add can be used for editing. Everything else stays as is.

Required teams seems (the tab under 'Nation,' if that's what you're referring to) is a list of the teams in your competition. Filling this out is important, and if you do it incorrectly, it won't let you select the league when you start a game.

Division levels are the playable league levels, so you are right. If you only add two when there are more available, than only those two will appear in the game.

After I choose the leagues and click 'Start game,' while it is loading I always get a crash dump with my files for Portugal, Ukraine, Russia, and Uruguay. On the Blegium one I get a screen that says "warning: array out of bounds," then a crash dump.

Here is a link to my crash dump file for the Portugal one: http://uploading.com/files/6edc1c85/FM%2B2011%2Bv11.2.1.164501%2B%25282011.01.06%2B03.53.16%2529.dmp/

Do you think it's my computer? The whole thing seems so strange to me.

Edit: saw your post.

Anyways, what does it mean and what should I do? Do you think there is something with these leagues (Portugal, Uruguay, Ukraine, Russia) where you can't edit them? Something hard-wired in to FM? Should I keep on adding things (stages, league fixtures) to see if it works? I really don't understand why the same thing doesn't work for two different nations.

Have you made sure to add all competitions? because Portugal has Division 2 aswell, you only have the top 2 leagues and no Division 2.

Hey, I'm by no means an expert, but here are a couple answers. If you are referring to the competitions under List, than no, not all of them have to be there. The ones that you add can be used for editing. Everything else stays as is.

Required teams seems (the tab under 'Nation,' if that's what you're referring to) is a list of the teams in your competition. Filling this out is important, and if you do it incorrectly, it won't let you select the league when you start a game.

Division levels are the playable league levels, so you are right. If you only add two when there are more available, than only those two will appear in the game.

Mine doesn't say list for some reason, it says advanced rules. So if, for example, I want to edit England, but not touch the Premier League, the only places it will need to be is division levels and required teams?

The rest makes sense, just put everything that's needed.

Thanks!

Archived