[FM11] FC United of Manchester Thread - The Red Rebels!

TacticalGenius

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half way through my second season. Unbelievably I came first in the BS North, winning by a good clear margin!

Second season is a lot tougher, but currently 20 games in and holding around 3rd with a good gap between us and fourth.

442 uncomplicated football, scour some good signings from the dregs and its quite easy. Im not playing LLM rules, but then again im not exactly cheating either!

From my starting squad (I used TG's save) I currently have none in my first eleven. Ashton, Chadwick and Wright are squad players, but have recently been put into the reserves!

Half way through my second season. Unbelievably I came first in the BS North, winning by a good clear margin!

Second season is a lot tougher, but currently 20 games in and holding around 3rd with a good gap between us and fourth.

442 uncomplicated football, scour some good signings from the dregs and its quite easy. Im not playing LLM rules, but then again im not exactly cheating either!

From my starting squad (I used TG's save) I currently have none in my first eleven. Ashton, Chadwick and Wright are squad players, but have recently been put into the reserves!

I was so tempted to just use the player search function to find some awesome players, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I really like having my scouts find those hidden gems, and signing players after scouting and trialing them to test them out. It just feels a lot more rewarding.

TADA! Are the badge and logo too high? I went partly off the image you gave, and partly off the in-game kits you gave earlier in the thread.

FCUMthird.png

fcinfo.png

Awesome job!

Mate, could u plz upload those 3D kits (with config.cfg if possible), i would appreciate it!

Awesome job!

Mate, could u plz upload those 3D kits (with config.cfg if possible), i would appreciate it!

I'll just get rid of that annoying little white line, then I'll upload them for you.

Edit: It seems that little white line isn't even part of the images. It's just there in-game for no reason other than to annoy the heck out of me! lol

Finished 5th in the league, made it to the playoff finals and ended up getting up with a penalty shootout :D

This time im using LLM rules, havent bought a player with the search feature or any staff neither (I always place adverts)

Wish me luck!

jh4vg4.png

Into my first season and doing okay.

My assistant recommended me some great free transfers and brought quite a few in to add to the depth of the squad. Most notably Chris Fagan, ex United player.

The flip-side to this was a loss of team blend. I got slightly worried after losing the first two games 1-0 but things have picked up following three straight wins, 4-0, 2-1 and 3-0.

Looking decent so far.

Edit: Make that 4 straight wins, came from behind to win 2-1 vs Hyde. It got tricky later on though as Torpey got sent off.

Edit 2: And 5... slapped Stafford 4-0. Two wonder goals from Fagan and Cottrell.

Edit 3: Epic disaster... lost 3-0 away to Boston, run ends, first time in the white kit... hope we don't wear it again...

Well the board gave me a new contract and i accepted it without really looking at it, turns out they didnt extend the duration of the contract, so it ran out. I went to a old save and wanted to go to the board and make a request for a new contract but i cant.

Well this was a waist of time :/ I get resigned July 1st 2013.

To be honest, realistically, only a 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 are viable tactics in the Blue Square leagues. Though it is your game, play it as you see fit ;)

This is not true. No idea how you've reached this conclusion as to what is a 'viable' tactic in Non-League. :confused:

I watch BSB South (and BSB Premier occasionally) in real life. Over the last couple of seasons, for instance, I've seen sides playing 4-2-3-1, 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2, 3-4-3, 5-3-2, along with the more common 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 variations.

I'm beginning to think FC United will never make it into my game. I've been doing the reload thing for 2 hours now....

I created a game with England down to BSS/BSN plus some other top leagues to go for the England Hero Steam Achievement. I ran Dartford for most of season one before I found this thread. So now I want to switch to FC United. Was there anything special I needed to do on the create game thing to get FC United to show up?!? The guy who said they showed up on the first try is making me cry ;-)

Edit: FC United finally showed up! I was just about ready to fire up the editor and start a new game after almost three hours of reloading... SO, i've applied for the job and I'd better get it!

I'm beginning to think FC United will never make it into my game. I've been doing the reload thing for 2 hours now....

I created a game with England down to BSS/BSN plus some other top leagues to go for the England Hero Steam Achievement. I ran Dartford for most of season one before I found this thread. So now I want to switch to FC United. Was there anything special I needed to do on the create game thing to get FC United to show up?!? The guy who said they showed up on the first try is making me cry ;-)

Edit: FC United finally showed up! I was just about ready to fire up the editor and start a new game after almost three hours of reloading... SO, i've applied for the job and I'd better get it!

Good luck. Hope you can get FC United the success they deserve.

Managed to find some great players in free transfers. I dont think ive atually spent any money on players except wages!

Came top of North first season, and won blue sq premier next year! so came 1st two years in a row! Im now starting off in nPower League 2. Managed to sell a couple of players for a bit of money, bring in players who look better, and scouting everywhere. Got my board to build a youth academy :O which should be done in a year i think. Theyre letting me scout europe as well which is useful.

Three words:

Wesley Ngo-Baheng.

Another six:

Get, no matter what it takes.

Just flicking through this thread as I've been debating whether to start up an FC United save.

My first, and current, save I started as Oxford United in League 2, which is fun, but I don't feel I'm truely doing the 'lower league' management 'thing'...

However, I did sign the above mentioned Wesley Ngo-Baheng for my Oxford United side, and he is currently 10 goals in 9 games, so I would have to agree with TacticalGenius' post!

On your players suggestions for the team players - Jamie Mack can work really well as a poacher. Through 20 games or so, he has like 10 goals or so for me. Scouted some gems though, especially a nice midfielder and striker that has my team top of the table in evo-stik pd

Almost done with my first summer in charge. Free transfers galore. 10 starters to replace the dreck that was there. Then I ran out of money for wages. So the dreck will have to play even though the coaches want me to transfer list most of them. Who would buy them?!?!

Board couldn't find a Parent Club and there are very few players willing to come on loan, so it looks like the squad will be thin in season one. Hoping for no injuries.

Same story here, though i bought in to many the first season. Anyways first season was a draft, second i got promoted and just started on the premier. Actually easier in that league, might be because the players i have starting to get abit older 19-20ish.

To the Parent Club ive still not found any. The board simply cant find one. So maybe in the fourth season?

Used FMRTE to build my team basically, got promoted first two seasons and seems I've built a great team. I could post screenshots just not sure everyone will agree with using FMRTE. Bad thing is players don't want to stick around forever when they develop skill..

Archived