FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch. Touch wood I'm over the worst of the injury crisis for this season.

Just beat Chelsea 2-0 to consolidate my lead at the top of the table in January.

LFC7, sorry I missed the original posts, but lovely result. I've tried over a couple of saves to get Hulk but never managed to negotiate a decent price for him, maybe I should have just broken the bank to sign him!

How do you guys do financially??

congrats.

Cheers.

Financially, I've realised that when you sign players, try your best to not give them any appearance fee and yearly rise etc. try to avoid that, to compensate you may have to give more wages and signing on fee for both player and agent, but it is worth it in the long term. First couple of season, you will be at a loss due to the loan debt, but if you sell players and other teams give you over 48 months, that should cancel it out, but there are alot of other costs (just look at the finances page) and you can only get more money and stability by selling more than buying and winning trophies as that leads to better sponsorships which in turn leads to more profit.

Just beat Utd 6-1 at OT :D they were 2nd and now im 8 point clear at the top heading into january.

Congrats :) Good luck with the rest.

I do alright, just hard to manage the first season with the loan depth and all. Just try and sell some dead wood to clear things up finanically.

:D

I did it took the fourth season but i did it :D won all 19 home games 57 points and anfield is now a fortress :D

Cheers.

Financially, I've realised that when you sign players, try your best to not give them any appearance fee and yearly rise etc. try to avoid that, to compensate you may have to give more wages and signing on fee for both player and agent, but it is worth it in the long term. First couple of season, you will be at a loss due to the loan debt, but if you sell players and other teams give you over 48 months, that should cancel it out, but there are alot of other costs (just look at the finances page) and you can only get more money and stability by selling more than buying and winning trophies as that leads to better sponsorships which in turn leads to more profit.

I though most of the time they demand that sort of bonuses

do you know how long it takes to get a bigger sponsorship revenue than utd??

Congrats :) Good luck with the rest.

I do alright, just hard to manage the first season with the loan depth and all. Just try and sell some dead wood to clear things up finanically.

Sweet thanks

Has anyone had any luck developing Suso? He's very talented in my game but has a pretty poor attitude at the start. Luckily I managed to persuade him to be tutored by Maxi and his determination is up to 15 and his personality has changed. He's had a lot of games in the Europa League and done reasonably well. I play him in the AMR position as I need a young right winger. He's slowly improving now and Ass Man with 20 in judging player potential gives him 4 stars potential compared to Gerrard. Man City are currently showing an interest in him which means I'm doing something right. Hopefully I can get him tutored by Gerrard or Kuyt once he's done with Maxi. I'd prefer not to loan him out as I like to use talented youngsters as back-up players and in the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League (sadly not next season).

I find developing young players the best part of FM especially at Liverpool. It's a shame Pacheco and Kelly are a bit underrated and most of the youth team are definitely underrated especially the likes of Wisdom, Flannagan, Coady etc.

Lost first game of Season to my Bogey team, Scumberland :( 2-1 with them scoring in 92nd minute... Gutted! Then Smashed Standerd Liege 3-1 in Belgium in 1st leg Qualifier for CL, Then just beat Blackburn 2-1, but Had game under control all the way they got a late goal which meant nothing :D Bring on Standard then Peterborough! Who, yes are in Prem in the 3rd season! :| Goona be a Smash win! :D

SI need to look at this (Injuries) for FM 2012

In my experience injuries have always been ok for me. In my Spurs saves i hardly ever get injuries, but i rarely play an aggressive, high pressing game. With Liverpool i unleash a bit more aggression=more injuries, but not debilitating.

I never use 48mth deals. Which means i can't go for the Pastore's or Cavani's, but i don't mind. I also sell before i can buy usually to raise funds. This is pretty much enforced because SI think it's a good idea to make us wait a whole summer before we're given funds :rolleyes:

Ive loaded my Liverpool save up & should I sell Vladamir Weiss in 2019 (29yo) to Man City for £10m??

He was signed by a previous Liverpool manager for £12.5m over 3 1/2 seasons ago.

Ive loaded my Liverpool save up & should I sell Vladamir Weiss in 2019 (29yo) to Man City for £10m??

He was signed by a previous Liverpool manager for £12.5m over 3 1/2 seasons ago.

Up to you I'd Say, if he doesnt play and you could do with some more cash, Why not? But i like him and he is a good Back-up for me :)

Just got Porto, Getafe, And Timoasoara in CL Group, probably one of the Good Groups to get tbh

He plays well for me & only started performing when I took over, but at 29 I doubt I will ever get offered that again. Suppose I could wait till the end of the season & sell him then before he is to old.

Thats a cracking CL group as well :)

Wow! Just played Villa at anfield, and got to half time 2-2, Went 1-0 up, then 41 min 1-1 42 2-1 me 43 2-2! So changed a little at half time, come out, got to 60th min, still nothing, Brought Defoe on for Tafer, and BOOM! Scores 2 in 3 mins on 70th and 73rd min :D Then Cavani got his 2nd to Wrap up a 5-2 win! :D

Just started a game with my beloved team and i have recieved a straight up £15m cash offer for Daniel Agger from Man City. I love Agger but due to him being injury prone i dont know what to do.... I have brought in Sissoko from Tolouse and N'zogbia from Wigan so far. What should i do guys, i've stalled the offer for now and i have a week to size up my options. Opinions please??

Just started a game with my beloved team and i have recieved a straight up £15m cash offer for Daniel Agger from Man City. I love Agger but due to him being injury prone i dont know what to do.... I have brought in Sissoko from Tolouse and N'zogbia from Wigan so far. What should i do guys, i've stalled the offer for now and i have a week to size up my options. Opinions please??

If i were you, i'd hold on to him until next season and try and get Wilson to improve, because Wilson played all games for me 2nd season, So hopefully could do same for you, Thats what i think, but up to you you could easily get £15m for him next season if not more :)

If i were you, i'd hold on to him until next season and try and get Wilson to improve, because Wilson played all games for me 2nd season, So hopefully could do same for you, Thats what i think, but up to you you could easily get £15m for him next season if not more :)

Cheers thanks. I'm keeping Agger and i am going to get rid of Kyrgiakos. I'm not going to sign many this year, just do the best with the squad and bring up the youngsters and then get rid of the deadwood next year, e.g konchesky, poulsen, cole etc.

I had a weird dream last night about fm lol. In it, Gillett and Hicks are back as Directors!!!! They brought some shares in the club but Werner was still the top dog.

Anyway, start of jan transfer window now. Hoping to send some of the youngsters on loan till the end of the season.

The 20 year old regen defender I brought for 16.5m has turned into a wonderkid immediately :)

Since Opening day loss against Scumberland ive won 7 of my games since then, Last being against Spurs! 2-0, Defoe Double to rub it in :D Defoe + Cavani upfront is deadly! im 2nd in Table behind Man u who had 15 Points, I have 12 = with City..CMON! Oh Also Smashed Getafe at Getafe 4-1 in CL group opener :D

Hey guys a good read as always.

Just finished my first season, in 3rd and playing a fair few of the youngsters when i can - defo trying to avoid turning it into a City or Chavski game this time around by paying all the transfers up front, keeping the wages down and having a lil bit more of a challenge.

Sunderland and Wigan have both been relegated, was thinking of snapping up Henderson or McCarthy what do you guys reckon? I bought Cairney who sat in the reserves all season being tutored ready for my 2nd season but if these 2 are slightly better i might be tempted.

Alright lads loading up for a little bit

Messi signed a new contract with Barca so no chance of getting him on a free at the end of the season

Alright mate. Unlucky bout messi.

Gone for Hazard for £16m and Eriksen for £12m

Great signings, though Eriksen has never performed for me when I've brought him, seems to perform more better on loan for me.

1st season team

Gk Reina

Dr Johnson/Flanagan

Dc Kelly/jones/otamendi/wilson/carragher

Dl Aurelio/konchesky/robinson

Mc Gerrard/meireless/lucas/shelvey/poulsen

Amc Suarez/eriksen/suso

Amr hoilett/kuyt/chamberlain

aml hazard/cole/banton

fc carroll/hulk

Hey guys, what's up?

I'm thinking about starting a new career with Liverpool, but I need a 4-3-1-2 tactic with 3 MC's, does anyone know where I can find a good one?

Thanks in advance

Depends what type, but 3 solid defensive ones are Lukman Haruna, Daniel Kofi Agyei and Cheikou Kouyate.

Archived