Premiership Glory 2011 Clan

alvaan

Stuart - Shrewsbury Town

So close yet so far. With 4 games to go i found myself 7th in the league holding onto the last playoff place dreaming what might be. At the end of the season i found myself 10th and 4 points off the playoffs and with me knowing where it all went wrong .

The season changer was when it was the middle of the jan window i had signed all my players and left my assistant in charge of my side for the night. He played 10 games for me and lost 8 of them and also got beat of a non league side in the Facup 3rd round. From then on it was a up hill task to finish in the playoffs.

This summer will be easy for me as i have a good set up at the club and will add 3,4 loans and 2,3 free deals and that should see me in the playoffs next season as i the top 3 might be abit hard to break into with the likes of pompey and preston making there way down to league 2 next season.

My board are very happy with me and have given me a new 2 year deal and for the season ahead only want a top half finish, they also threw in £400,000 into the club so my chairman seems to be a man with abit of money behind him so if i can break into league 1 there might be abit of cash so that i can do special things with this great little club.

FELLOW PRO’S

Nathan : Boy wonder got a fine treble this season with his city side winning League Facup And champions league. Nathan will win it all again next season and like i have said time and time again will win things for years and years to come.

Kim : Finished 2nd with Tafer ( Can’t Say Newcastle Team as its a one man show lol ) and won the Europa league, in any other season it would of been enough to win Manager of the year. Tafers 75 goals in all coms went along away in helping kim have such a wonderful season and Tafer will be have a big say in what kinda season newcastle have next season. God help kim if he ever gets really hurt.

Jim : Solid season for liverpool and finds himself back in the champions league much the the relief of his chairman, after spending alot of money when he first took over jim had to make the champions league so that the club would not get into money problems. Jim has a good side at liverpool and will win things over the next 2,3 seasons but with Man City being so strong like the rest of the clan he will also be playing 2nd fiddle.

Mike: Left the saints for Arsenal half way through the season and took all the best young players with him. Mike will be weeling and dealing again this summer and after looking at his side might just send a shock wave or to through the Clan. Europa league for mike next season dont be suprised if he wins it .

Steve : Up and down season for steve, worked wonders with such a small side for much of the season, had to leave his assistant in charge at times this season who really did a number on his team. Steve has said he has a good tranfer kitty this summer and i dont think it will take him long to spend it, if he can have a good start to the season and he might be the team to push Man city next season.

Fred : Season to forget for fred. Was always up against it with wigan and in a moment of madness retired from Football only to Return a day later. Clan rules state that he must start in league 2 so i get to play the mad swede next season as he takes charge of Doncaster Rover. He has a chance with them as they are a well supported club and a good ground, the one problem he has is money. Fred will be up there next season and i look forward to kicking his butt.

Geir : Had a Really Solid season with his QPR side ( Being a Fulham fan not easy to say ) and went about his business without many of the members taking much note of what he was doing. To finish 10th in his first season in the championship is a great achivement and it would not suprise me if Geir nicked a playoff place next season. Good season mate.

Paul : I always say if you put alot into the game your get alot out of it and this is the case when it comes to paul and his yeovil side, He has the most oversea players in when it comes to the lower league teams, that tells me he is seaching like mad for bargins and putting alot of air miles in also. Paul has had a great season and i think will go up next season with his beloved yeovil.

Joe: Set out the season just to stay up and thats what he done and more 15th in the league and 18 points clear of the drop shows that he has a very good season and maybe suprised himself. If there is one down side on the season then it will be the lack of goals 54 for the season shows you strikers are a MUST in the summer.

Jonny : Another who set out just to stay up this season and he did JUST. Will have to work hard in the summer if he wants any chance of staying up, he has lost his pittman to me so that leaves a big hole up front. He has done well this season so injoy it but not to long.

Belly AT LAST!!! Belly is out of league 2. A playoff final win against Oxford moves his port Vale into league 1 where he will have to make some signings if he has any chance of being a league 1 side for the seasons to come. For me his main is just to stay up and i think he will do it but it will be a long season ahead for him and his Vale side.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim - Tafer United

So another season's come to an end. After a dreadful start, it was all up up up for the mighty Toon.

Last season was too much up and down really. Alot of my players consistantly failed on the big stages, and we simply lost too many even games and collapsed on several occations against the big boys. This season started out much in the same way, but with a slight difference. We didn't collapse in so many games, and we also managed to nick a couple of draws in games we would definately have lost the previous season.

As Stuart pointed out, we were somewhat of a one man team. Prolific frenchman Yannis Tafer, who's got to be the best business I've ever done on FM, scored an amazing 78(!!!) goals in some 57 games total for the season. When you consider he scored ONLY 40 league goals in the 38 games he played, which was one less than the year before, you can imagine how much he scored in the cups. 25 goals in 12 EURO games, and 13 in the cups says it all. He played virtually non-stop for the entire season, and only came on as a sub in 3 games I think. Averaging 8.09 rating, 15+ Man of the Match awards, 15+ assists and of course the Fans Player of the Year, Golden Boot winner, League top goalscorer, EURO top goalscorer and League Cup top goalscorer amongst the acclaims he racked up during the course of the season. Tafer simply has been brilliant after his first 12 games and is without a shadow of a doubt the most important player in my squad.

With all that being said, we did have 3 more players that scored 20+ goals along with some blinding average ratings throughout the squad. Only 5 players out of 24 had lower than 7.0 average rating, and those were merely sub GKs or youngsters from the reserve team.

So, what did we do then in that season you might ask? Well, we smashed our way through the League Cup, with the only challenge being Jimmy in that legendary 10-8 record goalscoring two-legged semi-final. After that we cracked on and claimed our first big trophy by winning the cup in a terrifc 5-1 drubbing of some below average team I cannot remember at the current time.

In the EURO cup it was even easier to be honest. Winning all 5 of our first 5 group stage games, we rested the regulars in the last game, and lost our only game of the campaign. We didn't really get a challenge until we faced fellow englishmen Nottingham Forest in the semi-final, but Tafer proved yet again his prolific goalscoring ability and got us through to the final against SK Rapid Wien. They were easily subdued, and we had won our second trophy of the year.

Unfortunately we lost out in the FA Cup semi's, but all in all I was very happy with the cup runs this year.

In the league we pushed Nathan pretty far, and only late draws to Mike, Jim and then Nathan saw us losing the title race to Nathan with 2-3 games to go. Second place is still above both the boards, the fans and my own expentancy for the season, and we are all very very happy with the outcome.

We are hoping to build on this years performance, and are looking to add just a few players in, and not spend major ammounts of money really. Looking at the squad the only thing I really HAVE to get is 1-2 new leftbacks, as both José Enrique and Emerson have left the club on a free transfer. Experienced Serb international Kolarov has been heavily linked with a move to Tyneside, as he is currently out of contract, and might be an ideal supplement to my young side. As for the other areas we don't really need much shifting about, as the youngsters are really not that young anymore, but are looking like top class players for the most parts.

A new reserve GK has been brought in, with 34 year old ex-Espanyol goalkeeper Kameni signing on a free transfer, out went Kasper Schmeichel for £1.9m to spanish outfit Malaga. On the rightback we looked a little bit vulnerable during the season, so I have brought in Stephan Keller from Germany to challenge Romario for the first team choice at rightback. He's so far been my most expensive signing at around £15m, and I am hoping he can grab the starting XI spot with both hands.

Other than those signings, we've brought in a few youngsters that we are hoping will blossom in the years to come, and I've also shopped around for a fourth midfield player to rotate the 3 we already got. Maroune Fellaini looks like leaving really soon for a £5.5m deal, as he wants a staggering £165.000 a week to sign a new deal. His current deal is already at £110.000 a week, but expires at the end of the season, so if we want to see any kind of return for the 30 year old, I am forced to sell him this summer. If/when Fellain goes, I might just have to get another MC in to replace him. Looking at my finances though, I am not so sure that's going to be a healthy choice. I might just have to play my versatile Italian captain Scalia as a MC instead of a CB more often this season. The more I think about it, the more certain I am that I cannot currently afford to replace Fellaini.

OK, so that pretty much sums up my last season, and the events so far this summer window. What about my fellow clan members then?

Nathan - Unstoppable. Finally won himself the coveted Champions League and picked up another Manager of the Year award, but had more of a challenge from the rest of the clan in the league this season. Can anyone tip him off his path THIS year?

Jimmy - Got a good Liverpool side now, and managed to achieve his goal of Champions League football. Games of the year vs myself in that League Cup semi (which in effect was the final, as the other 2 teams were crap) and would have won it if I didn't stop him. Is Champions League football going to affect his domestic form, or can he build on the previous season?

Mike - Missed out on Champions League with Arsenal, but got himself into 5th place and EURO league football. Up to his normal antics, signing "just 1 or 2 players" he himself put it, when infact he'd already signed TWENTYFOUR! Buys more players than Arry and Rafa combined, but doesn't leave a massive hole where the money used to be like Oli does. A young, but very talented side, that I think will be challenging for the title within the next 3 years. Can he mount a challenge already?

Steve - OMG! as the kids these days. Blew up worse than the Hindenburg, and plummited from 2nd place and all the way down to 12th. Managed to pick himself up somewhat at the end, but finished well below last season and have to be one of the biggest disappointments of the season.

Fred - What can be said about the nutty Swede that hasn't already been said? Lost and lost, and got sick of FM before retiring his profile. Huffed and puffed a few days, but is now back (where he belongs...where the eagles fly?) in League 2 with Pompey. Can he resurrect the former PL side?

Oli – missing in action since getting the boot from the Chelsea job. Will he rejoin and rejoice, or will he be stuck in the darkness that is League 2 as well?

Geir – solid start to his Championship campaign. Looked likely for a playoff place, but stuttered a bit in the end. Still a good 10th place all in all.

Belly – WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! FINALLY Belly got promoted! Hats off to the man, as he’s been relegated more times than he’s won games almost. Good job old man!! J

Paul, Jonny, Joe, Stuart – decent enough seasons without too much fuss

Kim - Tafer United

Belly Mcfish - Port Vale

Well we finally done it somehow. We conceded shed loads but scored even more thanks ot Bogle, Uchechi and Gradi. We eagerly wait the new season in League 1 - Woohoo

Here is the Clans first Video Season Review - I appologise for the poor quality on the League Tables and Match commentary - to be improved.

Phil McCracken - Arsenal

Pretty boring week as almost 2 days were solid transfer windows, we managed to get a few games in Wednesday.

Unfortunately couldn't make the session Wednesday, and my assman royally f***ed it up and i as rejoined at 11pm I was insecure already, a 3-0 hammering away to Nathan left me in big trouble, but the last game of the night we played a struggling West Ham and managed a comfortable 5-1 win, and with that i'm not insecure anymore.

Transfer window update - we sold 20 or so and brought in only what was needed(which was 28 players :p)

More next week

Guest Crazy Paddy

New Manager Begins Total Overhaul at Prenton Park!

Newly appointed Cronin has begun the long and arduous task of restoring Rovers to their former glories by starting with a complete clearout of the backroom staff and the savvy appointment of the like minded Hessey as his right hand man...

Immediately expanding on the scouting staff, he has also sent a sharp wakeup call to the current senior squad members who may well be playing for their futures under the new regime. The loan capture of the pacy Godden up front looks an inspired bit of business when coupled with the obvious ability of the boy Harrison, a powerful centreforward, who was picked up on a free transfer.

However, if Cronin didn't realise the magnitude of the job he had taken on beforehand, he certainly did after the 5-1 thumping at home by league leaders Hartlepool in his first game in charge. With morale at an all-time low and sitting rock bottom of the professional leagues, the monday morning team meeting that followed certainly had the desired effect with back to back wins and an unlucky defeat having played the last 20 mins a man down in the next 3 games... However, the lethargy that had plagued the side since the start of the season showed its ugly head again in an uneventful home draw against Cheltenham before resulting in another defeat in the next game..

But the foundations of change have been built... With such a ruthless reputation, its very much a case of shape up or get out for the current squad......

Phil McCracken

Well Arsenal sacked me after a dismal start to the season, key players were struggling for form, the board were not happy with the current 14th place so I applied for the Juventus job. They asked me apologise, I obliged then they sacked me anyway, LMFAO!!!!!!

After 2 days without a job I was offered another one.......

Phil McCracken - Fiorentina

Well that was the shortest I have been unemployed in the game. When I applied I wasn't sure I would get it, or that I wanted to be in a league all on my own, but it was an easy decision. I take them over in 16th place and we are still in the Italian Cup and Euro Cup, although I am not sure we will get through a tough group with Barcelona and Hoffenheim after already losing 2 games.

Arrividerci

League Tables at the end of Week commencing 4th April 2011

Premiership

prem3.jpg

CCC

ccc3.jpg

League 1

lg13.jpg

League 2

lg23.jpg

Belly - Port Vale

Good Week Overall - Were sitting above expectation and have managed wins againt Jonny's Chesterfield and League leaders Lincoln. We suffered a defensive crisis due to injury which effected our form but luckily we have recovered and are sitting not too far above the drop zone. I have already seen enough good performances from my side to Suggest that we have enough to stay up this season so lets hopes thats the case.

Until Next Week

Belly

Guest Crazy Paddy

Improving form sees Rovers reach the safety of midtable, only 11 points off the playoffs with 22 games to go...

7 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats from his first 15 games in charge has seen Cronin's organisation and will to win imposed on a group which, prior to his arrival, had come away with 1 win, 1 draw and 7 defeats from the first 9 games of the season...

With the Club 4.5M in debt, Cronin's hands are virtually bound in the transfer market so he will have to wheel and deal like never before to have any chance of achieving what could only be described as the laughable objective of getting in the playoff mix when rock bottom of the league

Étienne Fougére – Sheff Weds

The silence has been deafening from Sheff Weds. After we’ve fallen away from where we were and we were thought we were going 18 months ago, the disappointment of broken dreams has been hard to take. After finishing 4th, we were still only predicted to finish 11th in the league, and bettered that with a 10th place finish. We also had a superb Champions League campaign whereby we battled through to the semi-finals before Nathan’s man city easily dispatched us. Last season we stuttered to 10th . This season I believed I had strengthened my side and could return to challenge the top 4 once more, sadly we are some way off that.

Sheff weds have an excellent young side but their inexperience is proving to be their undoing. The current first team is such that the average age of the outfield players is around 21.

We’ll keep plodding along, and try to hold the side together and hope that something clicks and we can rocket up the league once more.

Steve

Stuart - Shrewsbury town

After losing my first 5 league game of the season i found myself 2nd bottom of the league. I knew then it was back to basic and try the same set up that worked so well for me when i was charlton boss. After changing back to a 4-4-2 a 5-0 beat down of york city was proved that i had done the right thing and the season might not be a wast of time after all. From then on i have not looked back and have shot up the league, i know my team is good enough for the playoffs this season and 3rd place is not out of reach. I think Freds doncaster and Davies pompey have sliped the field and are fighting it out already to see who will be champions. I have played them both this season and gave them both a very good game and there is a hardness to my team i have not seen before, Just ask paul when i played his Yeovil side in the Facup where i lost 3-1 to him only after taking it to a reply.

I dont think there will be much business done at the town this jan window, ive signed a left winger and i think that will be enough to push on up the league. I really do hope i can go up this season as i have alot of players who’s contracts run out in the summer and i wont have the money to keep them if i fail to get out of league 2.

More soon

Big Norse in Sex Scandal

Newcastle United FC’s Norwegian manager, Kimberley Smedegard was at the centre of a new sex scandal today. The big Norwegian was recovering in hospital after emergency surgery on his back. An ambulance had been called to the Radisson Hotel in Newcastle after “a friend” had called for emergency assistance after Smedegard suffered a severe injury during alleged sexual activity.

Photographers present at the hotel waiting for local c-list celebrities could not believe their luck when the 29 year old father of two was carried out of the hotel by ambulance staff on a stretcher. He was reportedly dressed in an all in one black skin tight PVC outfit with cutaway buttocks. In his mouth was a rubber ball and gag. It could not be confirmed if reports were true that his buttocks showed signs of abrasions thought to have been caused by a whip.

A hotel source revealed that staff were called after Smedegard slipped and fell after trying on the outfit for a bet. Another hotel source claimed that Smedegard had been in the hotel with his close friend Davie Mills, manager of Portsmouth FC, and were engaged in sexual activity. Mr Mills was said to be riding Mr. Smedgard like a horse (in more ways than one) and during the sordid activity Mr. Smedegard’s back gave out.

Mr. Smedegard is no stranger to sexual scandal having been at the centre of a storm last year when he was caught in a remote wood engaged in alleged sexual activity with a donkey (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/161440-Premiership-Glory-2010-Clan-Thread/page6?highlight=premiership+glory+clan+2010 see post 569).

Mr. Smedegard receieved extensive counselling and rehabilitation during an extended break from football shortly after that incident. Both Mr. Smedegard and Mr. Mills are married men. Neither Manager or their families were available for comment and the hotel would not confirm that Mr. Smedegard had been staying with them, though they did confirm that an ambulance was called for a resident and asked the press to respect their resident’s privacy at this difficult time.

=============================================================================================

Get well soon Kim!

Joe Watford

Well this season is going alarmingly well, due to technical issues I was unable to manage my side last week leaving things in the hands of my assistant...........I fully expected to return unemployed after he royally screwed up, so imagine my shock when far from royally screwing up he was doing incredibly well and not only that but using a tactic i used last game of last season for a laugh because my season was done bar playing the games, an all out attack version of my normally conservative and bore the other side to death stratagem, it was going so well that on my return I decided to give the tactic a go myself after all what could possibly go wrong? I lost the game i used it in 4-1.

So back to boring sides to death I fully expected to fall down as my side (the 1st team anyway) isn't any different from last season so fully expected to fall into trap once more of suffering from lack of goals however my side is keeping the pressure up on the automatic spots due to the will buckley I know so well from league 2 being back with a vengeance this season banging them in and setting people up from the right wing and overall destroying all full backs that dare to challenge him. Also vastly improved was last seasons flop of the league striker christian montano who seems to have needed time to settle in, his goal return is iffy as hes perfectly capable of missing an open net however what he adds in legging it from one end of the field to the other asap is vital for my side and he creates havoc.

In other news my uselessness in the fa cup and league cup continues apace while for once I'm doing alright in the paint bucket having reached the southern final.

Fred Doncaster

It started well, as usual for me, however with some unlucky long term injuries caught on some of the best players I thought that we could only go downhill, instead we've shown an unusual fighting spirit and we've retained our 1th position through all the games even until we got back some of the long term injured players, a mighty feat from a hugely weakened side. I'm not to sure that we'll win the league, but I have a feeling that promotion is already in our grasp.

We've also got an Fa Cup Third round game against Manchester United at home after beating Kettering and Bath City..United will have the joy of fighting it out with my 2nd string.

Geir - QPR

This is about time is it?

Half way trough the season its looking ok.

Second year in a league is never easy, but looks like we are pushing for a play-off position, but we will most likely miss it again.

My team have too few defenders, but some random u-18 kid have done a decent job.

When January window comes, i hope to splash some cash to sign a defender or two.

Its still fun to play, but had to quit playing 451 as we didnt win enough, and didnt produce enough chances.

so im back playing 433, worked well with that **** club i used to manage. New beginning...

Signing off.

Geir - QPR

Right am back in division 2 with the mighty pompey yes you read it right div 2 having been the whipping boy for so many years i think its my time to win a trophy the only person who can stop me at the moment i see is fred with his side doncaster.Fred (doncaster) is leading the table at the moment with myself just a few points behind in 2nd place the good thing is he has to play me again and i dont think he is up for that after i beat his side 1-0 away from home not so long ago.Looking forward to playing in div 1 next year with the mighty pompey WE ARE ON THE WAY BACK :p

My head felt groggy as I opened my eyes. Rays of sunshine hit my face like hot knives and I squinted and put my hand up to cover them. "Ugh. Where's my damn phone?" I looked around the messy bedroom. The sunlight lit up just about half the room, and I could barely spot the black and silver iPhone laying on the mahogny table over by the south side of the room.

"What the hell?" I had 17 unanswered calls. Most of which was from my lawyer, but there were also a couple from the Newcastle PR department, and a few from both local and national newsmedia. "Good morning Mr.Smedegard. Do you want any breakfast?". The voice came from the over by the door, but I couldn't see who the person talking to me was. "What happened last night, and why did I have this wristband with my name and date of birth on me?"

The woman at the door took a few steps closer, and I could now see that she was a nurse. "Ah. I'm at the hospital of course". A memory that had totally slipped my mind, but I wasn't entirely sure it wasn't just the paintkillers messing with my head. I caught myself grinning as I thought back on the events of last night. "Christ what a bunch of whackjobs". The wife wasn't as amused by the pictures of me being carried out in the rubber suit, but I couldn't stop laughing at it. At least I had a video of what happened, but I had promised my fellow french colleague I wouldn't show it to anyone. Ah well, it had been a great evening last night all in all, but I could of course have done without the strain in my back.

I found a couple of pictures on my phone showing the gang from last night in good mood before the drinking and the challenges began, and I sent them to the PR manager with a few words that he was going to release to the media. With that out of the way, I called my lawyer back and told him the same, before I turned my attention to the Birmingham City report that was lying on my dresser. 20 games unbeaten in all competitions wasn't going to end away to Birmingham at least. We're only 3 points behind Man City, but they got 2 games in hand. "Darn that Mr.Welch. I have to figure out something new for our next meeting". 4 games against him already this season had only left us with 2 defeats in the Community Shield and the European Super Cup, but the two latest games saw us draw them at least in both the league and the league cup quarter final. "F*** him! Birmingham is the task ahead, so let's focus on that!"

--Kim

Newcastle

Nathan - Manchester City

After last season’s treble it would be some task to emulate that feat however hopes are high within the City camp and with the Community Shield, European Super cup & World Club Championship filling out this seasons trophy cabinet it looks as if we will surpass last season and potentially write our names in the history books of becoming one the greatest sides of all time.

We currently sit in 1st place with an outstanding record P19 W17 D2 L0, our only setbacks were away to rivals Manchester Utd and the man with a lot of media controversy surrounding him at present, Kim. However credit where credit is due, the Norwegian is the only team to beat me this season, on penalties...and it was the league cup but he can quite happily have that accolade as it's the only kind of success i see him achieving all season long. In other competitions we are strolling in the Champions League winning 6 out of 6 group games and this competition along with the Premier league remain the priority.

The January window is now open and with Mike being sacked, he’s left a bit of talent unguarded at Arsenal and I have my eye on 1 or 2. I'll be hoping to wrap up at least 1 deal later on today.

That’s all for now.

Steve - Sheff Weds

transfer update:

Signed a dutch keeper who is 19 years of age and looks full of potential (though my coaches give him a potential rating similar to that of my current sub 21 year old Diogo). Klaas Mulder has a solid base of attributes and hopefully he develops into a top keeper. Hennessey has just got injured for 2 months and so Diogo will make his Prem debut and Mulder will get some bench warming experience.

We tried to sign a decent CB as we've been poor in that department. However, we couldn't land anyone of sufficient quality. Nedum Onuha has arrived on a bosman, the day after the window shut which means he cannot play a game for us until next season - I'm not happy!

Unfortunately my starting right winger, swedish international Karlsson, was stolen from me by Southampton. Well i say stolen, they matched his release fee and he was allowed to talk terms with them. We offered a bumper new deal to him minus the release fee, but he signed for them anyway on stupid wages. It's not the end of the world as the £15m takes me into the black and also clears the way for Kocourek to get some more games as he's clearly the better player and only needs experience now. McCarthy will be his deputy and solve my conundrum of what to do with him.

Current Issues:

I won manager of the month for January after winning all three of my league games, but I did get snotted 3-1 at Eastlands by Nathan. We've been playing much better recently which I attribute to a change at the back. Ché Guevera is injured, Pepé is dropped, and so the old guard of Hobbs and Tomkins are reunited and doing very well thank you very much. The fact Pepé played against City motiviated me to drop him once more for the next league game. The loss of Robertinho has been felt as Clyne is now at left back and the young argentinian right back is not bedding in well.

Upfront, Giradi has finally scored again and Ramon is continuing his run of form. Lascaux is increasingly not looking up to the highest level, but then he is carrying on scoring his fair share. I'll have to rethink Lascaux's future in the summer and maybe that of Carbonaro.

It's time to judge the other clown's it being the half way stage and all that:

Nathan - top of the league, yawn, still in the cup, yawn, still in the CL, yawn yawn, spent £80m on one player, yawn. Time for him to move to another club and prove himself properly, the lad has had it too easy and frankly I don't think he's done anything more than anyone else, well maybe not davie, could have done.

Jim - quietly plugging away in second at the moment, battling with Kim, but along way back from top.

Kim - making noises, but only attracting attention to just how far back he really is. Yes his team is young and will get better, but are they really capable of maturing into a team capable of beating City?

Mike - the failure is over in serie a now, who cares?

Geir - outside the play-offs and doing ok, but not looking like coming up anytime soon.

Joe - the watford roller coaster currently sits in the promotion playoffs but is dropping fast.

Paul - midtable snoozeville for him this season.

Belly - dropping faster than a cheap whore after a £50 note. Relegation and sacking looks likely now, have you really "found your tactic" now belly?

Jonnie - left the clan for now but he's bowed out in midtable. Good work Jonnie, and good luck frying an egg on an airplane in the middle of a storm during a bombing run.

Fred - the enigma that is Fred. the pulled away at the top then decided to lose to the bottom sides and is now being catched by those below.

Davie - was miraculously clinging onto Fred's coattails and should have passed Fred following the recent results, but he's matching him at the moment and in danger of blowing it.

Stuart - not kicked on as I expected, but still in the play-offs. Get the whip out Stu.

Will - came back, disappeared, what is going on? No one knows.

Anton - the Brian Clough of the clan talks a good game, loves to blow his own trumpet, but, for now at least, he's backing up his words with actions. Can he really go up this season and go from bottom to top in the process?

will - morecambe wooooooooo again :p

he everyone im back and im the team i wanted woop woop trying to get wages down and bring in a new strong team mission impossible or what but then its just the way i like it hehehhe sitting 16th

Guest Crazy Paddy

After such a promising start under Cronin, Rovers meteoric rise seems to have run out of steam... Back to back losses at home to Shrewsbury and away to league leaders Doncaster started a run of very poor form punctuated by 1 win over the next 3 or 4 games...

A recovery seemed on the cards again after that before a bruising encounter away to Cheltenham resulted in 4 key first teamers being stretchered off in the first half alone followed by a fifth early in the 2nd half... miraculously, despite being down to 9 men, Rovers then went on to take to lead, only to lose it again 2 minutes later and go on to hold out for a 1-1 draw. The loss of on loan Mike "The Beast" Hale, a monster of a centre half, for 3 months 2 games later effectively mutilated the solidity of the back 4.

The lack of strength in depth combined with the current financial constraints resulting in the inability to even loan any half decent emergency cover due to being unable to match wage contributions meant there was nothing left to do other than try to garner as many points as possible for the rest of the season.. While currently just 9 points off the playoff spots, there are now just 6 games left, so Cronin's lofty claims of aiming for promotion when taking over a team 2nd bottom of the league after 9 games have now been shown up as rather fanciful...

Will - morecambe woooooooooooo

iv started to sign players for next season already iv comfirmed deals but they could fall through

still but the list of players are as listed:-

joey barton

v helb

paulhino

del peiro hes a brazilian

kerian richardson

john rooney thats rite waynes brother

so looks like ill have a strong midfield for next season in lg 2

Stuart – Shrewsbury Town

All this bs about we should be doing this and we should be doing that was put in the dressing room wall last week. Here we sit in league 2 minding our own business when some muppet club from the premiership ( sheff Wednesday ) pipe’s up and tell us what we should be doing in a league where there manager has never been. Well lets give this **** the 5.0.1 about the Town, We will win more than your 2 bob club will this season cos the town are on there way up. Take your Millions, and your Razior, and your 2bob manager, Turn it side ways and stuff it up your A**E. I think most who read this will agree when a premiership side calls out a small league 2 side by telling them they should be doing this and that prove’s that they dont live in the real world. This from a club whos only clame to fame so far is a semi in the champions league, Well i got news for you Wednesday, most of my players W.A.G’s Give me a semi when we meet up after the game, Do something new.

Onto better things the Town are now flying Monday’s games give us a great chance of getting 3rd and missing out on the playoffs, but to be fair i dont care if we miss out on a top 3 finish, we have lost 3 games since jan and if it was not for the poor start to the season then the rest of league 2 would be eating out dust.

Monday madess is what we are calling it, but one thing i know is the TOWN ARE GOING UP.

More Soon- RANT OVER

Joe Watford

well and eventful enough week, first off I've won a trophy! yes me i've won an actual honest to god trophy! Ok so its the paint bucket but when your like me and not won a trophy you'll take whatever you can get. Second I've secured a playoff place but have a problem, pauls yeovil is there too and my record vs paul can at best be called god awful as i've never beaten him even while i was running away with league 2 so my hope for the week is either avoid him in playoff semi and he to lose to whomever he gets or better yet for him to fall out of the play offs altogether, although with my luck i'm almost certain i'll have him in the semi..........

update monday on my fate in the lottery that is the playoffs

Nathan - Manchester City

We started the week unbeaten all season but 3 defeats in the Premiership this week shows that we are still not the finished article yet, and there is still room for improvement. Even so we are still in the final of the F.A Cup, the semi-final of the Champions League & we still require 2 wins from 4 games to tie up the league. Anything less than winning those three competitions will be a bitter disappointment, but I believe we have enough quality and strength in depth the finish the season on a high. Especially with the January window signing of Liberti from Arsenal for a record fee, he has provided us with a bit quality in the centre of midfield and with him being cup tied he will allow me to rest other important players for some of the meaningless premier league fixtures and save them for the finals towards the end of season.

I expect to bring in two or three new faces in the summer but on the other hand more will be leaving as i aim to reduce the wage bill and cut down some dead wood. The goalkeeper spot and the back four are very solid, we have the meanest defence in the league and in Europe, the only arrival in the summer will hopefully be an exciting young prospect at left back providing cover just in case the worst should happen.

In the midfield i expect to bring in a new right winger after the 20m summer signing Ljaic hasn't proved to be anything special, with his average rating just over 7, his assists in single figures and only contributing a handful of goals, I’m in the market for a new wide man. We remain very strong in the centre of the park with lots of options attackingly and defensively and with youth players also progressing well in this position it's very unlike that I'll need to sign anybody here.

Up front we continue to be strong with world player of the year Silva and the clubs record goal scorer Babacar I don't think much changes are needed here, we have sufficient backup if required also. I won't be strengthening here unless any world class talent becomes available.

Fred Doncaster

We are now guaranteed promotion to LG1, thankfully, things looked shaky at times but we prevailed, going into LG1 i'm wishing for a new striker (22 goals with 1(2?) games to go is not good enough in a league with 46 fixtures), the other striker is alright but probably needs to go aswell (10 goals in 17(18)? games) and we need new fullbacks, new cm's and new wingers. Also I'll probably end up loaning 20 players but that is another matter.

cheers.

Have i blown my chance of going straight up? With 2 games to go am 2 points behind 3rd place which i need am in the playoffs for sure but tbh thats not good for a team like pompey .Will a still be in a job after this season only time will tell .

Archived