Premiership Glory 2010 Clan Thread

dcu223

Game Is due to start on Tuesday 3/11.

The FM Glory Clan is back for FM10. 6 of the 8 from last year return plus a handful of new arrivals. The game started immediately on the launch of FM10.

We decided to start in the Premier League once more and then decided to rule out the “Big 8” - Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Aston Villa, Man City and Tottenham. We then had a draw for the right to choose your side from the remaining pool of teams and so the allocation was as follows:

Samir - West Ham (never played!!)

George - Sunderland

Belly - Fulham

Steve - Wolves

Geir - Wigan

Stuart - Stoke

Man Kev - Birmingham

Kim - Hull

Johannes - Blackburn

Joe - Bolton

Geordie Kev - Newcastle (Championship - never played)

Keep reading to follow our progress and please visit our website.

http://www.everyoneweb.com/premiershipglory/

Feel free to say hello, ask questions, or comment on our game. Just remember to follow SI rules and not to post on here asking to join the game.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy's right lads - PM me or visit the website.

Day 1 starts today and will post the first report soon.

Can you please PM the hosts your details if you wish to be added as a clan thread is for game updates etc not endless posts of people's details.

League Match 1 Played

results1m.jpg

league1m.jpg

Teams :

Kim - Hull

Belly - Fulham

Steve - Wolves

Stuart - Stoke

George - Sunderland

Geir - Wigan

Samir - West Ham

Joe - Bolton

Kev - Birmingham

Johannes - Blackburn

Good Wins for Kim, Johannes and George.

Good to start with a 3-0 win at home against West Ham on a very rainy saturday. I wasnt too happy though despite the win. Still 37 games to go, but I'm happy to be top of the table.

My strikers struggled though. But the defence was solid. Young stud N'Zonci got himself a red card late in the game, really stupid. West Ham struggled and they really missed Cole.

All my 3 goals came from set pieces, one goal from a throw in and two from corners. Gamst Pedersen gom himself an assist hattrick. Both centre backs scored the goals. I wont see that every game. My players were good on set pieces.

I hope I will manage a good season and a top half will be good. I also hope my youngsters will improve a lot. I have my team sorted out mostly, but I might make a swap with Wigan in which a highly touted attacking midfield will be involved. I also might get a left back and one striker is probably on the way. Names will be published late.

league.jpg

The end of another Week of games. The league is evolving and looks like its gonna be an exciting season.

We have lost 2 players due to inactivity and system problems.

Updated players in game are:

Kim - Hull

Belly - Fulham

Steve - Wolves

Stuart - Stoke

George - Sunderland

Geir - Wigan

Joe - Bolton

Johannes - Blackburn

Kevin -Newcastle

leaguetable1stseason.jpg

Well _ what an great season.

It turns out Joe and Johannes run away to mid table with Bolton and Blackburn. Kim found some form with Hull and Geir also impressed.

This Left myself , steve and Stu as Fulham,Wolves and Stoke to fight to survival. Going into the last game Fulham were away to Birmingham and Stoke were away to Man Utd.

Stoke were adrift by 3 points and had worse goal difference. Unfortunetly for Stoke and Stu Man Utd hit 6 passed stoke and condemned them to relegation.

Well Played all round.

It was a great season, we had lots of fun. I was Blackburn and I was quite happy with my season although I could have had a better start. In the end I finished in a respectable 10th place. I managed to get a win over Man Utd, Villa and Arsenal away from home. I then got a win against Liverpool at home. I would have been in UEFA if I had had a better start to the season. Over the season I bought for 7m, most noticable were Skjelbred and Appiah before the season and Jádson and Wheater in January. I sold for 6.75m, Andrews before the season and loaned out quite a few players for loan fee. I also sold Dunn in January. I tried to sell more but didnt have much success, I also didnt want to sell too much. I'm not a big fan on wheeling and dealing for a relegation team. I had a decent team, although worse than my colleagues claimed it was. I was clumsy to miss out on Makilela at left back and my other target Ansaldi broke his leg. So I didnt get a good enough replacement for Warnock at left back. I wanted Givet to play centre back most of the time and didnt feel Olsson was ready for starting at left back. However, Olsson was quite good while Givet struggled, especially in the beginning. However, bear in mind that Olsson played mainly in home games and easier games.

Now for season 2, I will have sell some players. I still got Jacobsen and Salgado at right back (both were on loans last season) and I also got Chimbonda and Belletti. I'm looking into selling two of those players, its either Jacobsen or Chimbonda (depends on who I think has more market value. Already decided on keeping Belletti and selling Salgado. I will also sell Roberts if I get a decent replacement for him. Khizanishvili has to be sold also and Steven Reid might see a new home also for the right price. Dont remember if I still have van Heerden, but I'm looking into selling him. I'm not really kean on Diouf, but he's been decent as a supersub and was happy enough. For the right price (at least 3m) I will consider him.

I kept it tight at the back while most of the other guys played really attacking conceding as much as 90 goals.

My top goalscorer was Kalinic with 13 goals. Top rating was Samba and Wheater both lurking around 7.1 . Pedersen was good also, especially in set pieces. My player of the season was without a doubt Samba. Good season for him, scoring 5 goals, but he also got 2 red cards and will start the next season in a ban.

For me Joe (finished in 9th with Bolton) was my human manager of the season. Not even a contest since I cant vote myself. He did a great job with limited budget and limited team. How he managed to have Elmander and Davies scoring 37 goals together was great. He also kept it tight at the back, courtesy of Jussi and Gary Cahill. However, the other guys did a good job too. Steve was really under pressure and was really really close to being sacked (actually I think he was sacked but the game crashed and he managed to survive when we replayed a game). Geir was 13th with Wigan and Kim was 15th for Hull which is decent. Belly and Steve however only got 34 and 37 pts which could have meant relegation on another season.

Signing of the season for human manager I think was Tore Reginiussen (Geir).

It was a great season, we had lots of fun. I was Blackburn and I was quite happy with my season although I could have had a better start. In the end I finished in a respectable 10th place. I managed to get a win over Man Utd, Villa and Arsenal away from home. I then got a win against Liverpool at home. I would have been in UEFA if I had had a better start to the season. Over the season I bought for 7m, most noticable were Skjelbred and Appiah before the season and Jádson and Wheater in January. I sold for 6.75m, Andrews before the season and loaned out quite a few players for loan fee. I also sold Dunn in January. I tried to sell more but didnt have much success, I also didnt want to sell too much. I'm not a big fan on wheeling and dealing for a relegation team. I had a decent team, although worse than my colleagues claimed it was. I was clumsy to miss out on Makilela at left back and my other target Ansaldi broke his leg. So I didnt get a good enough replacement for Warnock at left back. I wanted Givet to play centre back most of the time and didnt feel Olsson was ready for starting at left back. However, Olsson was quite good while Givet struggled, especially in the beginning. However, bear in mind that Olsson played mainly in home games and easier games.

Now for season 2, I will have sell some players. I still got Jacobsen and Salgado at right back (both were on loans last season) and I also got Chimbonda and Belletti. I'm looking into selling two of those players, its either Jacobsen or Chimbonda (depends on who I think has more market value. Already decided on keeping Belletti and selling Salgado. I will also sell Roberts if I get a decent replacement for him. Khizanishvili has to be sold also and Steven Reid might see a new home also for the right price. Dont remember if I still have van Heerden, but I'm looking into selling him. I'm not really kean on Diouf, but he's been decent as a supersub and was happy enough. For the right price (at least 3m) I will consider him.

I kept it tight at the back while most of the other guys played really attacking conceding as much as 90 goals.

My top goalscorer was Kalinic with 13 goals. Top rating was Samba and Wheater both lurking around 7.1 . Pedersen was good also, especially in set pieces. My player of the season was without a doubt Samba. Good season for him, scoring 5 goals, but he also got 2 red cards and will start the next season in a ban.

For me Joe (finished in 9th with Bolton) was my human manager of the season. Not even a contest since I cant vote myself. He did a great job with limited budget and limited team. How he managed to have Elmander and Davies scoring 37 goals together was great. He also kept it tight at the back, courtesy of Jussi and Gary Cahill. However, the other guys did a good job too. Steve was really under pressure and was really really close to being sacked (actually I think he was sacked but the game crashed and he managed to survive when we replayed a game). Geir was 13th with Wigan and Kim was 15th for Hull which is decent. Belly and Steve however only got 34 and 37 pts which could have meant relegation on another season.

Signing of the season for human manager I think was Tore Reginiussen (Geir).

20092010mgr.jpg

We have voted and our winner of the Manager of the season goes to Joe who took Bolton to MId Table. Well done m8.

Well, I’m as experienced as they come on Champo (I’ve played them all since it’s first incarnation and I don’t like to give the current incarnation the FM moniker and refuse to accept that other game using the Champo name). However, this season was littered with schoolboy errors.

First of all, I had 4th pick. I watched West Ham, Sunderland and then Fulham get chosen. I should have then gone for Wigan, Bolton or Blackburn. Wigan I dismissed easily as I was them on our 09 game. Blackburn and Bolton had no money and with my tendency to sign 100 players a season, this was not good news. I also wanted a team that had the potential to play in front of at least 30,000 fans to keep revenue streams high. This led me to Stoke or Wolves. After much deliberating (and a test run) I choose Wolves.

The media predicted 18th position. I felt the team needed a left back, a left winger, a centre mid or two and a striker would be priority if Ebanks-blake and Doyle failed to fire. I calculated I needed about £20m and greedily told the board I would finish top half in order to get the funds I required.

The season started solidly if unspectacularly, with wolves in the bottom 6, but always a win from mid-table. The first third followed a pattern of 1-1 draws and slim defeats and despite spending most of the first half of the season in last place amongst the human players, I had actually lost the least games. Defensive tactics you might think? Not at all. But it was obvious that the boys were not scoring.

I spent a considerable sum of around £40m over the season (you can work out how if I had only £20m to spend) including a massive purchase of £14m for Jack Rodwell (he’s my mate’s cousin). My side started to slide into trouble around Christmas and this coincided with missing a spell of 3 games and then 4 games. In fact my assistant manager (the worst on the game ever?) lost 6 games, almost a third of all games I lost in the whole season.

My main struggle was that from Christmas on I was favourite for the sack and listed as very insecure. Luckily, I knew the score. I went and begged the board. I got extra time and prevented any further unexpected bad results from coming my way. A big result was winning against both Belly and Stu and this saw me climb above them both and out of the drop zone and into safety and I was solid enough to hang on in there and finish 16th. Staving off the sack as others faltered, I consider to be something of an achievement and was recognised in the Manager of the Year voting.

I was disappointed with myself this season, with the players, but maybe I was expecting too much for an online game. I would say the whole team underperformed, but there was no real transfer flops, those who didn’t set the world alight were all kids like Rodwell, here, I hope, for the long-term. My best signing has to be Aleksandr Kerzhakov, who arrived in time to fire me up the league, and was at his best in the latter part of the season.

Étienne Fougére

I've been told I should post on here more often, yes Mr. McFish, sir! Well here's my new season musings.

I think I've done rather well other the summer. Kerzhakov has been here 6 months now and should be rather settled. I'm adding Milevsky to partner him in attack, and I expect him to lead the line. At Right Wing i have wolves own Kightly, and now Dominguez since his proposed move to Hull fell through. I've re-evaluated and Kigthtly will be my main man early on but I think I will try to Dominguez in for a run of games and see if he can take the jersey (even if he would rather be inside). Left wing is wide open. My new left back is more of a left mid, there's Douglas Costa who could step up, and Lee Chun So. My new left sided player, Emmanuelsen will get the nod early on. In the middle I was looking for Miljas to partner Jack Rodwell. However, Miljas wants out (and no-one has made an acceptable bid for him) and this means his head is likely to be elsewhere for now. Elm was brought in to replace him and is likely to get the starting berth. Tinga is likely to warm the bench for now. Maybe miljas will work things out and get back into contention.

In defence things are more settled. Emmanualsen can play left back and may oust Wendt from there. Foley has the right back slot all to himself. Macienne has gone back to chelsea. At centre half Shawcross has joined for £12m and will challenge Berra and Zubar. In goal Labont comes in to thrust Jarstein back to third choice behind the emerging Hennessey, though the latter could be loaned out to get him some first team football.

If my strikers and midfield click and the defence holds firm. Then I see no reason why I cannot get top 10. I'd settle for 14th right now though. If i'm fighting relegation again, then I might tender my resignation.

Lol STevey

NJ M8.

As fulham i have brought in Higginbottom from stu in a strait swap for Simon Davies as he will improve my LB position. Also i have took Ronaldo of STu's hands to lower his wage bill and he has so far scored 2 in 2 and then got injured (typical).

Finally i was set to spend my remaining 7.5M on Craig gordon from George but was unable to afford his wages.

I therefore had to unload some players quite cheap in order to get my wage allowance up. After doing this George advised he was unable to locate a replacement keeper so i had 1 more look a the player list to see of there was anyone who could improve my team.

Thankfully i found a young Brasilian Striker called Diogo from Olympiacos. Thankfully they accepted my 7.5M bid and he has signed. The only negative is we had to save up the game for the night before i could see him in action but im sure he is a star in the making.

Johannes Blackburn

Summer was a hectic one at Ewood as offers came flying for my star players and offers were made for a lot players to be brought to Ewood. In the end though Givet, Samba and Jádson signed new contracts even though top club were lurking. I wanted to keep the core of my players. In the end, I didnt sell anyone worth mentioning, mostly fringe players. But nevertheless got a lot of cash in return for a striker and midfielder. I will play 4411 or 451 in majority of my games so I need lots of centre mids. So I signed Anthony Annan (wanted him since day 1) for a big price, 10m. I also needed a striker, 1 or 2. So I got Obinna on free and Briand for another 10 m. Both are lightning quick and Obinna can play as a winger as inside forward.

Started of quite well, only lost once, to Man Utd but destroyed Belly's Fulham 4-0 (all goals in first 30 minutes), 2-0 win to WBA away and managed a 0-0 draw away to Sunderland. So far Jádson been brilliant since playing as trequartista. Scoring from a cracking free kick and a 30 yard belter in open play. Per usual I have players scoring from everywhere, defenders, midfielders, strikers or subs, everyone getting a goal in. However, fingers crossed for injury free season as my defense + goalkeeper lack depth.

leaguea1.jpg

After a slow Monday and Tuesday we decided to play on the thursday instead of the wednesday. Now the Transfer Window was over we progressed well moving from September 1st to the end of November.

Stu received his 2nd sacking as Stoke in the championship and has now rejoined the premiership with Middlesborough.

Thats makes 2 sackings for Stuart and 1 for Belly.

Looks like its going to be another exciting season.

Teams :

Belly - Fulham

Joe - Bolton

Johannes - Blackburn

Kim - Hull

Steve - Wolves

Stuart - Middlesborough

Geir - Wigan

George - Sunderland.

Kim - Hull

What can I say about my team? Well, first season started great with a 2-1 victory at home to Spurs. It then took a turn to the worse, and I was stuck figthing off relegation until the last few months of the season, and managed to finished 15th. The board and fans were super happy, as everyone had me pegged for 19th.

This season the media had me even lower, at 20th, for some odd reason. I cannot see why they would predict me lower than all of the 3 newly promoted sides, but I am really eager to prove the pundits wrong.

So, after a hectic summer transfer window saw me land maybe 2 of the biggest signings so far in Adriano and Vagner Love. The only problem was that Love had already changed clubs that year, so he can't be played until 2010 :(

We started season 2 with another homegame versus Spurs, and again we won 2-1! Should this be seen as an omen for what to come? I hope not. I truly believe I have a strong enough side to finish well above the relegation zone, and hopefully in midtable.

Unfortunatly, Hull have started season 2 exactly like we did in season one. From the really excellent wins away to Liverpool, to devestating home defeats to other relegation battlers. With my main man from season one, Geovanni, being stuck at right wing this season, he has dwindled down to a regular player, and not the God he was last season. I as manager take full responsibility for that, and finally had to realise that my ambition for Hull to play attacking, short passing 4231/424 was perhaps a bit overreaching.

After a hard look at the facts, we looked in the mirror, rolled up our sleeves, and started working. Changing tactics to a 4312, getting Geovanni back into AMC position, and we suddenly startet picking up some points again.

Adriano bagging 6 goals in the league so far, with some decisive and very important victory clinchers, we are now up at 15th place, and are now on a 4 game win streak, without conceeding. The highlight was played late last night, being the 0-2 win away to Liverpool in the League Cup quarter finals!

We're now in the semi-finals, which are well beyond what both board and fans dreamt about, but we keep on dreaming of that Wembley entrance, and will fight to the last Tiger in the next round!

--kim

Joe-Bolton

Well to begin with I was last to the game due to me forgetting about using msn for a couple of months so my choice wasn't great, in fact it was Bolton Portsmouth or Burnley so I went for Bolton having had them on last years game and generally enjoyed it there.

The first season was a good one for me due to limits in how much i could spend and clubs not wanting some of my deadwood funds were tight but my 2 primary transfers were Kevin Thomson on a long term payment deal and James McArthur to shore up a poor central mid-field I also brought in solari on a cheap loan to provide backup to my strikers (he didnt get a look in as it turns out). By far my standout player was Captain Kevin Davies leading by example with a fabulous 20 or so goals as well as assists and Johan Elmander with 12 or so (can't remember off the top of my head) goals and some assists as well. Thomson McArthur along with Sean Davis did well in midfield and at the back things were kept tight by Super Jussi and Gary Cahill with Knight/O'Brien alongside him. The jan window saw Dossena of liverpool arrive on loan (cheap too) but sadly he only lasted a couple of months until he got crocked for the season so he left once he was crocked. While I was fairly consistant throughout the season most pleasing was my end of season winning run where numerous top sides fell before the mighty Bolton to secure a top half finish. Cup performance was poor to put it mildly but my focus was on establishing Bolton as a strong league side before moving onto other avenues.

Highlights of the season

1 Overall home form with me winning the vast majority of my games and only the likes of chelsea winning at the Reebok

2 Home win 5-0 against Wolves just for the sheer comedy of the defending by wolves with Kevin Davies scoring 4 goals including one literally handing him the ball in their box.

3 My performances vs Manchester City played them 3 times in league and fa cup and won all 3 with 2 of the games at Eastlands, very pleasing.

4 Finishing top of the human managers-explains itself.

5 Kevin Davies

The summer after that while not busy wasn't quiet with the departure of Klasnic and solari after their loans expired I was in the market for some strikers and with some money available (not big money but enough) I had a look around for strikers at the right price and found 2 in the form of Micheal Owen for £1.9m from Manchester united and Bojinov for £2.7m from the blue half of Manchester. Also joining was Michael Johnson on a structured long term deal to further shore up my midfield. Departures were deadwood players who I couldn't get rid of last season.

Early season started well with 2 wins in 1st 2 games, then I ran into the bigger sides and went 4 losses in a row, however after some minor tinkering the defence was sorted and the wins came. I'm currently on a 9 match unbeaten run the two most pleasing of the wins were both 1-0 ones at home to Everton (which was highway robbery as they had battered me and I snuck a winner in the 93rd minute) and Manchester United (more convincing win but not by much) and naturally the one standout performer from those 2 games was Jussi who was his usual outstanding self.

By far my best performer this season is Bojinov who has chipped in with 9 goals so far and looks likely to score in every game.

Joe

Kim - Hull City

Right. After a rather horrible start to the season, we had to make some hard choices in the tactics area, which resulted in a big change in form and puts us on 14th place after 23 games. We are only a few points off midtable, and are well above relegation zone.

In the league cup semi-final we were drawn against Man City. First leg away started out in great fashion, only for City to come thumping back. Geovanni opened the goal scoring early on, but a late double from Tevez saw Man City get the edge before the 2nd leg with a 2-1 home win.

After the change to 4312, we have looked really solid in defense and we set a new personal record in 5 clean sheets and 5 wins in a row. The only problem is that after 23 league games, we have only scored 21 goals, with Adriano leading the way with 11 or so.

The 2nd leg against Man City was one of the last games of yesterdays session, and again we started out badly. Tevez, who is really unlike in real life football, scores a double again and secure the 0-2 win for City and send them to Wembley to face West Ham. All in all a good run for my side in the cup, but it was disappointing that we did not put up more of a fight.

In january we again splashed out cash for quality. Albert Paloschi signing a 15m deal from Parma/AC Milan, to ensure we maintain the mid/lower mid table position, and hopefully continue to bang in goals as he did in Parma.

In other transfer news the big clubs are after both my goalkeeper Enyeama, who handed in a transfer request, Adriano, Zezinho and Sneijder. Hopefully Sneijder will honour his newly signed 4 year deal, which saw him getting a 300% pay raise.

In other transfer news the big clubs are after both my goalkeeper Enyeama, who handed in a transfer request,.

Ye Kim

He was interested in joining me , shame i got no cash.

Fulham are doing moderatly well so far swinging between 14th and 16th and there is no real difference in points to about 12th. Thankfully Hangerland is happy with our performance in the league. I was worried cause he wouldnt sign a contract and was due to expire in 6 months. I recieved bids from top clubs. Luckily due to our league performance he was willing to discuss terms and i increased his signing on fee from 400k to 1.7m and this secured him for me.

We are currently 9 pts clear of relegation and the board are pleased so i should get another chance as fulham for another year as long as i dont go on a real bad run. My wage bill is way too high and im losing money so i really need to let go of some players in the summer and consolidate

I expect that i will prob get 10-20 mil in the summer so im hoping to bring to 2 players to improve the team and this should make me real mid-table material next season.

We have last session of the week tonight so League table should be posted tonight.

For me at Wigan, things are going very bad. Was hoping to hang on to Prem by using same old players and same tactics, but its going very wrong. Wigan is currently on a bad strings of loss leaving us at 18th. No intresting signings was done. No big sales. Just have to wait and see how things end up...

Bonjour my friends, I have had many requests wanting me to tell you how the Wolves have been doing in the league. Well, I Étienne is here and I give to you my update on the season. As I said at the start I was expecting great things from the players. I had said “If my strikers and midfield click and the defence holds firm. Then I see no reason why I cannot get top 10. I'd settle for 14th right now though. If i'm fighting relegation again, then I might tender my resignation”.

You have all seen the table for the 15th of the games. You can see that the wolves, they were not doing so well, non? Well I was thinking that maybe I would have to stay true to my word and resign. However, I spent a lot of money on players in the transfer window. In came Caldwell (£6m from Celtic), De Roover (£1.4m from PSV), Marcus Senna (£1m from Chelsea), Sandro (£14m from Internacional) Nicolás Otamendi (£9m from Vélez). Caldwell has brought some more experience we were missing. Sandro is a big signing for wolves and cost many euros. He has been good so far, but he is young and will really show his form next season. Nicolás Otamendi has been up and and down season. Again he is young and will come good next season, for sure.

Since January, Wolves have been much better. They have won many more games and the front two have shown the premier league that they are the best strike partnership. Milo has scored 26 goals as I speak and Kerzha has scored 20. Its no wonder that Wolves are now in 15th position. We hope that we can finish a little higher and anything above this will be success.

I will let you know, mes amis, how the Wolves finish the season. Au revoir.

Wolves Transfers 2010/11

IN:

Date Person From Fee

5.7.2010 Shawcross, Ryan Stoke £12M

15.7.2010 Emanuelson, Urby Ajax £2.5M

15.7.2010 Milevskyi, Artem Dinamo Kiev £10M

16.7.2010 Elm, Viktor sc Heerenveen £3M

16.7.2010 Lobonţ, Bogdan Dinamo Buc. £1.5M

1.12.2010 Johnsen, Espen Rosenborg Free

1.1.2011 Caldwell, Gary Celtic £6M

7.1.2011 De Roover, Sepp PSV £1.4M

20.1.2011 Senna, Marcos Chelsea £1M

22.1.2011 Sandro Internacional £14M

23.1.2011 Otamendi, Nicolás Vélez £9M

Total £60M

OUT

Date Person To Fee

24.6.2010 Winnall, Sam Free

1.7.2010 Elokobi, George Notts Co £725K

1.7.2010 Little, Mark Falkirk Free

1.7.2010 Murray, Matt Free

1.7.2010 Hahnemann, Marcus Free

1.7.2010 Iwelumo, Chris Free

1.7.2010 Friend, George Free

1.7.2010 Batth, Danny Free

1.7.2010 Davis, David Free

1.7.2010 Ijaha, David Free

1.7.2010 Bennett, Kyle Free

7.7.2010 Wardle, Michael Free

7.7.2010 Malone, Scott Free

7.7.2010 Woolley, Richard Free

7.7.2010 Hemmings, Ashley Free

13.7.2010 Ward, Stephen Norwich £500K

14.7.2010 Ikeme, Carl Huddersfield Loan

14.7.2010 Hill, Matt Huddersfield £450K

16.7.2010 Maierhofer, Stefan Burnley £1M

21.7.2010 Henry, Karl Bristol City £1.9M

19.8.2010 Yttergård Jenssen, Ruben Tottenham £6.5M

1.1.2011 Zubar, Ronald West Ham £3.5M

2.1.2011 Milijas, Nenad Bari £7.5M

6.1.2011 Almenning Jarstein, Rune Benfica £1M

10.1.2011 Jarvis, Matt Notts Co £1M

10.1.2011 Jones, David Notts Co £250K

10.1.2011 Surman, Andrew Southampton £250K

16.1.2011 Berra, Christophe AS Nancy Lorraine £5M

24.1.2011 Lee Chun-Soo Bolton Loan

Total £29.5M

Kim - Hull

Oh what a rollercoaster night it was last night! Started the session in good spirit. 6 wins in 9 games, with only 2 losses to injury time goals. We continued to play the short passing, counter attacking football, that had proven so successful the last 10 games, in hope that we could finish well above last seasons final position.

Unfortunately, my team thought that giving away goals the first 0-20 minutes were a great way to entertain the spectators! Conceeding goals early in almost every game for the first 2 hours of play last night, left the teams morale in an all time low. Add to that injuries on some key players, and you got yourself a relegation battle all over again.

As my hair grew whiter, lady luck struck me. Geovanni, who's normally been my main man, got injured. Why was this luck you say? Well, simply because this led me to abandon the 4312, with Geo as AMC, and convert to a 4132 instead.

All of a sudden I stopped leaking goals, my morale got boosted, and when Geovanni was fit, he just took place in the heart of the midfield as a playmaker. This has really lit up my team spirit, and we went rampage. The most satisfying moment was beating a full Arsenal team 3-0 at home in dominating style and fashion!

Now we are placed nicely at 14th place, with just 3 points adrift of a midtable position, and are looking very secure already for Premiership football next season.

On the downside, we are facing administration soon, unless we offload some players, or the board inject more than the pityful 600k they gave me at xmas. Top clubs are already looking at several of my young players, so we might be off the hook in notime.

If I do go into admin, it will be all on my shoulders, since it was clear before the season that the board would ship me cash well above my balance. I controlled the wages and expenses really good until my winter shopping spree, and the Paloschi signing was the one that really put us into the red zone.

Anyways, I have high hopes to finishing the season at 14th place minimum, with the dream of going up to 11-10th. Not too worried about the finances, since I have plenty players ready to be shipped off if push comes to shove.

Fallen comrades:

Samir - got first pick and choose West Ham, he never played a game!

Manc Kev - he got Brum and was here early doors before deciding lower league in the prem was not for him

Geordie Kev - the former clan leader played the founder card to get his own way as the only player in the championship, loneliness saw his commitment waver and he has been on a break for a while now, talk is that he will return in the new season, we wait with baited breath!

Georgie - the lad is a third game clan veteran, yet he's not been committed this season and was reitred after he went MIA for the majority of the 2nd season

GOOD NEWS IS THAT APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NEW APPLICANTS TO THE CLAN. THOSE ON THE WAITING LIST NEED TO RE-APPLY. DO NOT POST HERE. YOU CAN POST ON OUR WEBSITE: http://www.everyoneweb.com/FMOnlineClan2010/

Hello, my friends, I Étienne is here to tell you how Wolves finished the season. Well they won last day with a fantastic win over Chelsea. Last time we spoke my friends, Wolves were in resurgence, and this did continue. We even rocketed up to 11th place and got ahead of Joe's Bolton.

Our fantastic form could not last and we slipped back to 13th. I said that Wolves would settle for 14th, and after our very bad start we are very happy to get 13th. We thank Milo and Kerzha, and also Sandro and Caldwell who proved to be good additions.

I will inform you my friends with our progress in the transfer market over the summer.

Au Revoir - Étienne Fougére

Well

Another Great second season. Steve (Wolves) got a second wind and drove up the table and finally managed to Win the manager of the year. Johannes as top placed side with Blackburn was unlucky not to win but was held back only due to time absent due to work commitments but still a great season by Johannes.

Joe for me was dissapointing. I was expecting top 8 finsh from Joe but i guess his good performance in season 1 only increased my expectation of him in season 2 although he still did good.

Kim done well too althougn like myself finished on a downer. I finished with the same points with fulham and avoided relegation and sacking so i cant be too unpleased and can definitly see progression.

Geir had a shocking season 2 compared to the 1st getting wigan relegated. Stu was appointment Middlesboro manager 1/2 way through season 2 but was unable to turn there fortunes around although he did finish the season strong.

George has been retired due to inactivity and Sunderland have now been taken over by Stuart for the start of season 3. All i can say is well done all. As said earlier we now have 1 place available. PM me to enquire. League table below, See website for Further league stats.

leaguea3.jpg

mgroftheyearamended.jpg

Kim - Hull

So, end of season two. I will sum it up in one word: disappointing. Looking at the league table, and my player stats, there's is one major problem in my side; goals. Either I'm scoring and conceeding lots, or I'm keeping a clean sheet and not scoring. Only 2-3 games over the entire season where Hull have won by scoring 2-3 and not letting anyone passed.

Adriano became top goalscorer in the league with 15, and Geovanni finished top rating wise on the team for 2nd season running, making him player of the year.

Paloschi, who cost us a whopping £15m, has been an absolute nightmare. Scoring 1-2 goals, and under 6.5 rating wise. The whole season have been plagued by injuries, bans, and low morale. Tactical changes and tinkering back and forth on my behalf, probably has led to some of this as well. After the last game of the season, we were already £12.5m in the red, and the economic was rated as 'very insecure'.

After prize money for final position, and a little cash injection by the board, we are now £2m in the clear. This won't last long though, unless the wage bill is really cut into pieces. The main issue is that the largest ammount is spent on players not wanted and transfer listed, but nobody wants to buy :(

Looking forward to the next season, I can see some clouds on the horizon. Whether a swift wind of orange will drive them away or not remains to be seen. All I can do is soldier on, and hope my board saves me from economical ruin

Hello my friends, it is your friend Étienne, here. You have been writing to me asking "Étienne, what do you think the Wolves will do this coming season?" Well my friends, I will tell you now. Wolves did well last season and I think that the team is good to be in the top 12 next season. So this summer I concentrated on just bringing players in to cover my weakest areas. Back-up right wing to help Kightley, a left back and a right back. Also, I thought what do Arséne and Jose have in common? They both signed many players who speak their own language. So I brought in, Kolodzieczak and Faubert to back-up the full back areas. Now I will speak only Francais in the dressing room and the others will have to learn! Seamous Coleman will add support in reserves. Tore Reginiussen is going to add support on the sidelines for the defence also. Finally, I spent big bringing in young Eduardo Salvio for whom I have big hopes.

The first team is mostly as it was last season. And so we have a settled and this should help us get a good start for once. And so it proved with wins over Arsenal and Stoke, and a narrow defeat at Goodison. Away to Hull was a 4-4 thriller and possibly the game of the season already!

Anyway, I bid you Adieu, and ask you cross your fingers that the Wolves will stay top 10.

Manager of the Year 2011 award ceremony, Birmingham, August 2011

Winner Étienne Fougére's acceptance speech:

"My friendz, I offer to you my many thanks for giving me zis award. Eet iz nice zat you all agree with me, zat I ze best. Now we all know zis, and eet is good to know zat you will all be playing for second place from now on. EEt is only such a shame zat I was pipped to 4th place by Lafa, Dirty Mark Hughes and Roberto Mancini. I can only say zat zose who voted in the LMA awards are so stupeed. I should have won zat award also.

Next year, you will all know zat ze Wolves will do well and I expect to have zis award once more and also zat LMA award. I also expect to be awarded ze greatest of all time too. Thanks my friends, I am glad we all know how good I am."

Johannes Blackburn - Season 2 Review

With season 3 on its way, its time for review for season 2. Before the season I made offers for strikers and a centre midfielder. In the end I got Annan, Obinna and Jimmy Briand. I had a solid start to the season and had a very consistent season, at times competing for Europe league, but eventually Villa, Spurs and Everton were too strong for me. In the end though a solid and comfortable 9th place for me. Not unhappy about that, was 1st amongst human managers and runner up for human manager of the season. Samba had a terrific season along with his partner in crime David Wheater. Jádson was playing AMC in trequartista role, was very good. Briand was solid, with 13 goals in 27 games. Annan was terrific making great tackles and breaking down opponents attacks. I was happy with my centre players, but felt I needed better players on the wings. In the summer it was obvious I needed a a replacement for Belletti at right back who's too old and didnt have his contract renewed. I also needed new wingers to compete with aging Emerton and Pedersen. Also I might need one versatile defender.

Kim - Hull

Season 3 starts with a B A N G for Hull!

After winning all friendlies during the pre-season, and having all players fit, we looked with optimism on the coming season. On opening day we faced maybe the hardest game of the season, with Chelsea away.

It took only 16 minutes for Chelsea to break the deadlock, and I thought "oh no, here we go..."

BUT, to my surprise, the Hull players carried themselves with pride this fine day! Alberto Paloschi started his goal tally on 31 minutes with a tap in after glorius team play. Chelsea continued to pressure hard throughout the first half, but we held on for a 1-1 draw at half time.

During the break we had a good talk, and the players really looked to believe in an upset during the second half. Vagner Love smashed in a 30 yard strike after 53 minutes, earning us a 1-2 lead! Then, only 3 minutes later, Adriano forced himself through the Chelsea defense after an eye-opening pass from the young right back Valera, and we were 2 goals up!!

Sturridge bagged a second goal for Chelsea quickly after on the hour mark, and Chelsea started to unload. Enyeama showed his brilliance to frustrate the Chelsea side, and with better finishing we could even have scored 4-5 goals at the end. Game finishes with Hull beating Chelsea 2-3 away at Stamford :D

For the second game we were up against Steve's dangerous Wolves side at home. For the record, this game already has 'Game of the Year' written all over!

Both teams attacking from the whistle, and really having a go at eachother:

5.min: Vagner Love 1-0 Hull

13.min: Sandro 1-1

43.min: Jack Rodwell with a screamer to make it 1-2 for Wolves at half time

After telling my players I expected to see fireworks in the second half, it all went mental.

63.min: Adriano equalized to 2-2 with another screamer

71.min: Artem Milevskyi smashed a 30 yarder passed Enyeama to make it 2-3 for Wolves

81.min: Adriano does it again, to make the score 3-3 with 9 minutes left

86.min: Rodwell strikes again, smashing in 3-4 for Wolvs

90.min: Adriano seals his hattrick to round off a truly amazing game, which could have ended 10-10, and not 4-4 as it did!

Next in line was away to Johannes' Rovers, whom we had quite the struggle with in all previous occations. Especially Jadson has tormented the Hull side.

Again we start off lousy against Rovers, and are 3-0 down after only 39 minutes, with Jadson scoring and creating. It was clear something had to be done, and Aaron Gunnarson was subbed after only 41 minutes of play.

At half time I tore my team a new one, and told them they would be facing severe actions if they didnt start performing in the second half. This, and maybe some complacency from the Rovers players, led to another great comeback from Hull!

Vagner Love, Adriano and Mario Bolatti getting a goal each, with the equalizer just on the 90minute mark earned us a 3-3 draw.

With 5 points from the first 3 league games, we fielded reserves mostly in the league cup tie against Torquay. This proved to be a tougher task than expected, but we pulled off a 1-2 victory with 2 late goals.

The final game of the evening was my home game against Man Utd. Paloschi got us an excellent start after only 6 minutes, and we held on for a 1-0 lead at half time...

Then, as we all know, Ferguson put the hair dryer on maximum, with Dimitar Berbatov on prolific form in second half, scoring 3 goals, and making Man Utd winners by 1-3 :(

As an overall, I'm pleased with the start, and we're sitting nicely in 11th place. Looking forward to tonights session, and we are hoping for a good run of results

For me at West Ham I dont have high exceptations...

im new at west ham, have done ALOT of shopping!! 11 players in...

I think im gonna end around 10th if my tactics hit.

deam of europe, not likely.

think im well off relegation this season.

realistic tip for me is 12-13th

first to get sacked - kev

relegation - kev and maybe stu

top human team - johannes or steve.

Well

Fulham

Short of cash for season 3 we managed to bring in Sebastien Leto and Chris Kirkland. This seems to of strengthened my ageing team but the start to the season was not good and im wondering if my attacking 442 has had its day.

However i have persisted and surprise surprise managed to get 17th as per usual.

My main signing from last year seems to of blended in and is starting to hit the target and is currently on the goalscoring charts with 7 goals.

Will update further after the last session of the week on Thursday 10th December.

Johannes Blackburn

Season 3 review

Third season on its way. My board decided to restructure my finances with another loan. So i'm 18m in debt now, with 2 loans finishing next year and after 2 years. The new loan is a long term.

With glaring void at right back I had a few ones in mind, Schwaab, J. Boateng, Hutton, Srna, 2-3 regens and Azapueta (sp. the quality right back from A. Madrid). In the end I couldnt get the ones mentioned except Hutton so he was signed. I also needed to strengthen my wings with wingers on each side. Di María was signed to compete with Pedersen on the left wing. Flamboyant midfielder Afellay was signed for 15m. Big money I'll admit but I really wanted him and I couldnt get the others I wanted. I also got Jordan Spence in the defence as a backup, wanna train him to be a DRLC. Season 2 was a good season for me, I saw my defence being consistent and Jádson emerging as a top att mid. I was consistent and solid through out the season and had a comfortable 9th spot. The aim for season 3 will always be to improve.

The first games in season were not as good as hoping but not bad, early home draws to Joe's Bolton and a frustrating home draw against Kim's Hull (in which I had a early 3-0 lead). Last night's session was a frustrating one for all of us, due to technical errors. I had rare defending errors and conceded way more than usual. However, i'm scoring plenty with Obina and Jádson scoring lots. But Briand and Kalinic are hardly getting games due to my stubborn 4-4-1-1 formation. Therefore they're struggling with match fitness. If this continues I'll have to sell Briand in the summer, and get a cheaper younger replacement. Di Maria still hasnt adjusted but Afellay has been quite good and adapting quickly. Alan Judge has continued to impress with lots of assists in only a few games, while Emerton has been bumped to a 3. winger. I've sold Diouf and will offload a few players in januar because of registration problems. So far i've managed to lose against Arsenal 0-5, but winning Villa away, Sunderland home 3-1, Chelsea away and Portsmouth away 5-1. Still quite early and i think tonight will be my night. Happy to be 10-11th while struggling imo. With Aston Villa and Everton struggling a lot in the league and Burnley and West Brom in top 7 I think I will get into top 7-8 tonight.

I do feel I have to get to next level for this season. I got good player and spent quite a lot. Havent sold players for huge amount so my net spending is a lot. I need to get europe league action now.

Gman aka Dave - WBA

Its a pleasure to have joined the game and a joy to work with the Baggies.

I started of with a tough away fixture to Hull (Kim's team) having only just started i have found myself starting the 3rd season so having a madeup squad was going to be a difficult ask.

I decided to go with a defensive minded 4-3-2-1 to compensate Kim's powerful strike force. I decided to give Ishmael Miller the nod for the lone striker role with his pace on the counter attack.

The tactics worked a charm with Miller bagging a brace and winning the game 1 - 2. Vagner love had a glorious 1on1 in extra time but manager to hit it straight at Carson.

My following 2 games were Arsenal at home and Everton away.

The team performed extremely well having many clear cut chances but failing to finish the teams off, both games ended in defeat but took great pride out of the performances.

Its going to be a long hard season but should have enough to stay up and look forward to purchasing some fire power in the January transfer window!

Well

Another Great Week of FM for the clan.

11-12league3.jpg

Players:

1. Belly - Fulham

2. Kim - Hull

3. Steve - Wolves

4. Stuart - Sunderland

5. Joe - Bolton

6. George - West Brom

7. Geir - West Ham

8. Johannes - Blackburn

We have recruited a new player Called george who has taken over West Brom. First of all Steve continues his surge up the table and is currently the top human team.

Next is johannes who had a solid session and looks like hes going to challenge steve for manager of the year again.

Closly followed after Johannes is Stu, After stu's failure with Stoke and Boro he has taken over sunderland and looks like he may of found his home. Hes got some good results and apart from some financial issues his future looks good.

We then have Kim, Geir and George all in Midtable. Kim has adopted a very attacking style scoring and concedings lots of goals but always producing great matches. Geir's last session of the week was dissapointing to him at leist however hes seems to be in a solid position. George was in freefall but has seemed to of got a bit of stability.

This leaves Joe above the drop zone again underperforming in comparison with season 1 but i think he will again surge up the season.

This leaves me. My FM Approach has recently died a death on SP and has now also done so again on MP. I need to look for a new approach for the next session. Luckily the board expect to get relegated so that may give me some more time to get it right but at the moment sit at the foot of the table.

Well Played All,

Kim - Hull

Last nights session was a frustrating one. Game crashes, and an alarming high number of goals in almost every game, including AI vs AI games.

Anyways. We started the night off badly, losing poorly 1-2 against Dave and his newly conquered WBA side. After that, a few decent results followed, the highlight being the domination of Leeds in the league cup quarter final, to send us into the semi's for a second year running.

The semi final draw was up, with Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and myself as the remaining team. I didn't know what to hope for really, as it was like choosing between being hung or shot. I ended up drawing Man Utd, wich Chelsea squaring off with Arsenal.

We are hoping, no wait, dreaming, of a final this year, but the obstacles to get there is high.

In the league, we have produced some of the best, and definately some of the worst football in the league. Leading 3-0 and losing 3-4 or 3-6 on several occations. This has mostly come down to 2 things; personal errors from either my defenders or my normally outstanding goalkeeper Enyeama.

Rumours has it that Enyeama is doing these blunders on purpose, to lower his price and to force my hand into selling him. He's now been unhappy for over one year, because he wants to move to a bigger side. If he keeps his form up, I might be forced to do exactly this in january, but then we need to bring in someone else. It all comes down to the green here really.

As of now, we are safely in midtable with a game in hand, and we should stay well out of relegation zone this season. Ugly run of games have just started, facing Everton, Arsenal,Chelsea, Man City twice, and Man Utd three times in the next weeks. I just hope we manage a point or two here...

Ahead to newyears eve we go, and the Tigers keep charging (mentally?!) forward!

Steve - Étienne - Wolves

Wow, I've tried my best to milk this for as long as I could, thinking that something's going to give, my squad is not big enough, my players are too erratic, my tactics are flawed, and we're not good enough in the fullback positions. However, we're past 25 games in now, and we sit prettily in 7th. Yes 7th, Wolves are 7th with 26 games gone. In fact we are 12 off top and if we win out game in hand then that's 9. This is crazy, before our loss to villa we had a game in hand on Man Utd, that if won would have taken us level with them in 6th. This is halcyon stuff.

We're about to negotiate the transfer window. We have brought in a new young but excellent keeper, Ceccarelli (regen),just 21 years of age and hence the hefty £16.5m (record for wolves) price tag. Bogdan Lobont has been excellent this season, but he will need to be sacrificed in order to pay the bills. Hennessey will stay on as back-up purely by virtue of his Home Grown status. The defence has been largely solid, despite the comparatively high goals against tally. The three centre backs, Otamendi, Shawcross and Reginiussen have all done well. The full backs have been chopped and changed and now Ignacio Monreal will try to claim the left back spot from the average Wendt. Faubert has edged out Foley and De Roover for the right back slot.

In midfield, Urby Emanuelson has been solid at left midfield, and has seen off Douglas Costa, but now has competition form the £12m Detinho. Michael Kightly almost joined Man Utd for £11m, but it was turned down and he continues to hold off Salvio with more fine form, who appears frequently as a substitute. Sandro and Jack Rodwell have been superb in the middle, providing the running, the craft and the guile that has put Wolves were they are. Tinga has been an able deputy, but may be sacrificed for a £3m (6 month loan) to pay the bills and benefit from a key first team role, and return a stronger player. 16 year old Michael Buchanan has played once and is regularly eyeing a spot on the bench, even ahead of the older and equally highly rated Kenny Woods.

Upfront is the real success story. Ebanks-blake is gone, leaving a main three and largely injury free strike force. Kevin Doyle has managed just eight starts, and three substitute appearances, but scored no less than 6 goals. Artem Milevsky has shouldered the burden of leading the line, but still weighed in with an impressive 14 goals from 23 games. Once again, the goal machine that is Alexandr Kerzhakov has proved insatiable and plundered 18 goals from just 25 games. The 32 goal, two man strike force has been enough to really fire Wolves rocketing up the table. With Blackburn stalling in 8th, 8 points behind, Wolves are looking secure in that 7th and are really starting to dream of European football. Detinho is sitting quietly on the bench, mainly playing left wing as a sub, but he is clearly capable and gives more options in attack, should he be required.

Meanwhile, Manchester City were dispatched in the 4th Round of the FA Cup, leaving QPR or Southend to play in the last 16 and wolves looking for a good cup run, and who knows, perhaps they will emulate Kim and have a trip to Wembley.

Contrary to what you may think, especially as Wolves look as if 7th place may be their upper limit, Wolves will not wish any bad luck upon Hull and wish them every success in winning the league cup. If they fail and top 6 side take the FA Cup then Wolves will get Europa League football by clinching 7th place.

On a dour note, Wolves are stable financially, more or less even, but the heavy cost of transfers will take it's toll. Wolves currently owe over £20m per season in transfer payments by instalments and this is part of the reason why i have not left quality but expensive players sit on the bench for any length of time, selling the likes of Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Gary Caldwell (former skipper), Viktor Elm, and loaned out Thimothée Kolodzieczak. Tinga may also be loaned out, to take the £3m fee for losing the player for 6 months and giving him the chance of a key role in a good league. A similar deal fell through for Douglas Costa and he may also be sold if the original £6m fee can be recovered.

Well folks, let's keep our fingers crossed that the Villa defeat was not the start of a wolves slide, that injuries hold off, and the strikers keep their form, and most importantly Wolves clinch 7th and then European Football.

Kim - Hull

Oh what a terrific night it was last night! WEMBLEY CAN YOU HEAR US?!?! :)

THAT'S RIGHT! HULL IS GOING TO WEMBLEY! Yea yea, I know, it's only the league/Mickey Mouse cup, but it's a final, and we are there!

Disposing of some big teams early in the competition, we were left with a 2 game fight against Man Utd, and I will come back to this in a moment.

After the goals pouring in at both ends this season, I had a hard look at the fixtures, stats, players and the whole picture before I decided to scrap the 415/433 tactic we had been playing. After asessing the current players, I decided to go with a 41212 diamond formation, trying to box ourselves in, and break on the counter after putting on heavy pressure. This tactic change meant that we had to do some wheeling and dealing, since the current squad didn't look all that strong and well conditioned. Off went a couple of youngsters, some brazilian leftovers, to be honest the ones with no stamina, workrate and teamwork were out the door.

We then brought in hard working midfielders like Guthrie and Sokolowski, along with a new reserve goalie from Romania to back up Enyeama. Away went Santa Cruz to Dave's West Brom for £2.5m, and we also managed to sell Aaron Gunnarsson to Italy for nearly £3m. This saw our balance down to only £3m in the red, from the £12m just a month earlier.

So, the first bout of the evening, was home to Man City in the FA Cup 3rd round. We scored early, only for City to equalize minutes later, but held out for a 1-1 draw to earn a re-match at Midlands which we lost 3-1.

Then, after facing City twice, we had the red side of Manchester THREE times in a row! Twice in the league cup semi's, with a PL game at Old Trafford in between. I almost couldn't believe what I saw when we actually dominated and outclassed Man Utd 4-2 away in the first leg of the semi's! Paloschi and Vagner Love on devestating form, baggin a brace each.

Then we were on the road again to Old Trafford in the league, and once again we came out on top :O What was going on?! The Tigers had won two on the bounce away to the mighty reds! Could we really pull of a hattrick against Fergie in 3 consecutive games?? OH YEA BABY!! A 3-2 home win at The Circle qualified us for Wembley and the League Cup final, with a crushing 7-4 aggregate! :D

We pulled off one after the other great result, right up until the darn African Nations Cup... Away went my goalie Enyeama plus two of my new signings; a CB and DMC. This showed immediatly, as we conceded 4 at home to Geir's West Ham, with Myhill making 4 critical errors. Luckily West Ham are crap defending set pieces, so we scored 3 on corners, and 1 from a freekick to earn us a hard fought point. On the game after, both me and Steve were looking up on the table, and both received praise from the West Ham manager Geir, prior to our last game of the evening.

I was facing Pompey away, and Steve had to open his home once again to his nemesis Aston Villa. These were both very important games for us to stay in touch with the teams infront of us, and equally important for Belly, Dave and Joe who are struggling down below.

To all our fears, we both quickly fell behind, Steve losing 1-2, and me being smashed 5-3 with another Myhill disaster in goal :(

We both blame the praising comments from Geir, as he clearly does not know how fragile our players are mentally, and that they now felt as world beaters, after just a few good games :)

Anyways, it's looking like a really exciting 2nd half of the season, with Wolves fighting for EURO, me in the LC final, and the 3 battling relegation! Hoping for another excellent session tonight or tomorrow.

Great Posts by steve and kim.

Well Fulham have adopted a new tactical style based on an old Sunday League team playing very much direct on the counter with fast strikers. We have had mixed success with wins over villa and burnley but unfortunetly have still had our share of defeats including going out to Joe's Bolton in the FA CUp due to an Offside Goal from Michael Owen.

Im going to have a long hard look at my tactics and decide whether or not to stick with them or not. I am still 3 wins away from safety but there are matches in my fixtures where this is possible but it depends on my players staying free from injury and also how well the other relegation battlers get on.

The session ended with a crazy game against george's West Brom. With my tactic based on being solid defensively and then to go and concede 5 goals at home i was at a loss after this game even though my team scored 4.

Anyway i hope for a better session tonight.

Belly, Fulham

Tonight was all about the cups. I'll let Kim tell his own story.

However, 4 of us broke through into the last 8 of the FA Cup. The "bigger" four sides drew each other and left the 4 of us to battle each other. This guaranteed that two of us would get through to the semi's and increased the possibility of one of us making a second Wembley final.

sbk9p4.jpg

Johannes (ass man) beat Geir and Stu dispatched Steve, both narrow victories. Johannes' ass man denies him a Wembley final after they went down 3-2 to Man utd, whilst Stu had a one nil lead against Liverpool only to be pegged back late on. Extra time failed to yield any more goals and the game went to penalties and still the teams could not be seperated after 6 sets of penalties, before Liverpool finally emerged victorious after winning 7-6. Meaning that none of the 4 human teams would make it to Wembley in the FA Cup, well over to kim ...

Kim - Hull

lcfinal.jpg

lcfinalratings.jpg

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEEEEEEEND! Because we keep on fighting to the EEEEEND! We are the champions, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS......OF THE WORLD!!!!

Well, at least of the league cup! :)

Yep, we did it again! First manager to clinch a trophy on our 09 game, and again first to get silverware on FM10! Beating Liverpool, Man Utd and finally Chelsea on our way, we certainly didn't get the easy rout. 'They probably played their reserves/fringe players' you say? No, they did NOT! Both Man Utd and Chelsea pulled their big guns out, and the final was a real cracker of a game. Everyone was watching me take the lead in the 24th minute, only to be equalized 4 minutes later. We scored again right before half time, and were 2-1 up!

At half time my heart was raising. What to do now? Do I continue to put pressure, do I counter, do I contain? The options were many, but the right one was hiding from me. I was also very insecure on what to tell the players in the half time talk. Do I tell them I'm pleased or thrilled? Do I tell them to not get complacent?? I actually asked the others on what to do here, and went for the 'Do not get complacent' option at HT.

We expected Chelsea to come flying out of the gates in 2nd half, and they truly did, but we managed to hit them on the counter early in second half, to make the score 3-1. Chelsea pulled one back at the 65th minute mark, and the last 20 minutes was really crazy. Chelsea hitting the woodwork, me counter to get goals disallowed for offside twice. We could easily have scored 2-3 goals the last part of the game, and Chelsea also could, and maybe should, have scored more.

In the end, we held on for a nervewrecking finish, and when the final whistle blew, we were champions with the final score of 3-2.

The fans, board, players and me as manager are all delighted with the season, and are now looking forward getting into europe next year. Just a few days after the final, we may have seen proof on what europe would mean to us. Hatem Ben Arfa's contract were running out in june, and I made an offer to him to sign with us. He told me at the contract meeting he 'had no desire to sign for Hull', but I still made an offer for as much as I could, and hoped for the best. This was previous to the LC final btw.

Then, a few days after clinching the titile, I got a message on the screen: "Hatem Ben Arfa set to sign for Hull" :O

Holy crap! He came!! I'm still not sure if he was just pressuring me for money, or that if the EURO spot made him change his mind, and frankly, I don't care :D

3 games left in the league, and we're 4 human managers banging it out for 9th-12th place. Regardless of where in those spots we finish, this season has been a success. If we can just tighten up defense next season, we could be right up there with Wolves, as we are definately not lacking goalscoring.

We finish off the season tonight, with high regards to Steve, who's battled his way into europe from outstanding form this season! Kudos my friend!

Well

Another Great Season.

Fantastic league performance by Steve mixing it up with the big boyz with wolves. Would of been a definate to retain manager of the year but as Kim managed to win the league cup with Hull its going to be a real hard decision this season.

Kim also managed to finish mid table despite his amazing cup win.

Johannes was solid again finishing mid table. Geir and stu also had consolidating seasons again finishing mid table.

George made a nice start to the clan by stabilising West Brom and has fit it well with the lads.

Myself and joe had shocking seasons. Finally Al-Fayed had enuff and i was sacked. Not much to choose from so decided to go Stoke and managed to win my first 4 matches and storm to 9th. A few defeats at the end dropped my position a bit at the end though.

Joe was also sacked but luckily for him his beloved Newcastle got promoted and he is now the new geordie Massiah and i think he will be a force in the prem in the next few season.

Here is the Final League table of the season:

11-12league6.jpg

We are all looking forward to a productive pre-season except me as i dont have a pot to , well you know..

Archived