Premiership Glory 2010 Clan Thread

dcu223

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart - liverpool

Good start to the season so far as we find ourselfs 8th in the league with a firm eye now set on a top 6th finish. One of the main reasons for our good start has been the striker Kovac, signed last summer he was home sick alot of the season but this summer came back alot better and got down to work and is now showing what he is all about 12 goals in 11 starts shows how well he has done so far and if he stays fit i could have a 30 goals a season player on my hands and that would be a wonderful story after the sad news that bad boy mike came in to get his striker jose back from me after 2 seasons at Liverpool. I understand why mike came back for his striker as the lad is going to be a monster of a player over the next 10 years. I tryed my best to talk mike around and to hold onto jose for one more season because i knew with him up front with Kovac i had a real shout of a europen spot next season, it was not to be but a 10m buy back and 2 of mikes players was a good deal for me as it added to my side a solid striker and a Real good midfielder who looks to be coming into his own now the season is in full swing.

Opening day came with a home game against Pompey and i think what with so many new players being brought in the flowing football from last season had gone and only a 86min goal fron Shaw got us away with a 2-2 draw. We then went to freds burnley and got pulled apart for much of the game and a 4-2 defeat was only half the story, fred burnley could of put 7 or 8 on us, i knew then it was going to take sometime before the team started to gel and put some points on the board. Lucky for us we had a 2 week international break and i only lost 3,4 players to there country so i set about drilling the new guys with what is exspected at this club, Things needed to happen fast as a very strong lookin chelsea was the next game and i know how much this game means to all our fans. I gave my pre match team talk and for the 1st time since i been in charge of liverpool my nerves were starting to get the better of me but i had to stay strong as i have 4,5 young players in my 1st team who dont want to see there gaffa losing the plot as he is giving his team talk. As we walk down the steps towards the pitch you can here the fans in full voice to " Your Never Walk Alone" but this time it seemed to have abit more sprit to it than normal, i knew then this was goiing to be a special afternoon. Kick off game and we went right at chelsea with everythink we had, there was no F**king about this time, we needed 3 points come hell or hight water and a early goal from shaw sent me and 48,000 liverpool fans crazy, chelsea kick off and right away a thunderos tackel from Koi (( our new Anchor man from Korea)) won the ball back and set up Kovac for a 2nd, and there is only 10min into the 1st half. Things settle down but a 3rd just before halftime sent me and my bench into overload. the half time talk was easy, Dont give them any space and counter every chance you get. Things must of been bad in the chelsea dressroom as Geir came out talking in his Nordic ways and i know they were bad words as he looked at me as he said them. Anyway 2nd half got underway and chelsea hit us with everythink they had and 2 goals in 7min from them made the 2nd half the longest i have had as a manager, they hit the bar , the post my keeper made a string of saves to keep us in the lead, and when the ref blew for full time a bigger cheer than any goal from us that day went up around the ground. What a game.

List of scores this season

Pompey (h) 2-2

Burnley (A) 2-4

Chelsea (h) 3-2

Wycomebe (A) 3-0 League cup

Ipswich (A) 3-0

West ham (h) 4-1

Arsenal (A) 1-3

Man Utd (A) 1-3 League cup

Man City (h) 1-2

Notts County (A) 0-1

Sunderland (h) 2-2

Wigan (A) 0-2

Hull City (A) 4-3

Huddersfield (A) 1-0

Cardiff City (H) 5-0

So as you can see its been a solid start to the season for us in the league. The league cup never ment much to me as the aim is 40 points to stay up and then look to see what can be done about maybe pushing for a europen place.

Time are good at liverpool at the moment and im looking forward to next week, Wolves away is our next game and poor joes side is not the team it has been over the past 5 years, so maybe with abit of luck we can get a point there and keep trying to force our way up the league into that top 6.

More soon

Belly - Leeds

League Table so far :

lg2728.jpg

Well were currently 9th and doing slightly worse than last year. I put this down to the number of players that have come in and need to Gel most of which are strikers and as you can see the goal tally is low at the moment. Sla5tvisky looks a revelation but Lawson got a long term injury early on and Oblak has started the season slow.

The biggest problem with the squad at the moment is th3e harmony with far too many unhappy players. However come the 1st January we will ship out about 4 of them and rake in about 35M to go into our depleted coffers. I know its early but i am looking forward to next season and starting the season with a settled and happy squad.

Results so far :

results.jpg

Afer starting the season off so well with a win against Fred's burnley a lack of goals cost us 2 points against a poor Notts County Side. Then came the away game against Steve.s sunderland a match we won last season in the last minute against a somewhat questionable formation.

No such luck this time , After dragging the match back to 2-2 after being 2 nil down steve;s strikers kicked on and it really is the top teams abiliity to be clinical in front of goal that makes the difference.

By this stage we really were in a poor run of form so playnig away to Geir was going to be extra tough and this proved to be as we was well beaten 3-1.

Then to make things worse we had Mike at Home. Again we were well beaten and hopes of a EL place have pretty much gone. We then went to davies struggling Hull but managed to win by the odd goal which summned up our problems in front of goal.

Then we went to Sunderland again in the cup and lost 4-0 - Going there is hard enough without doing it during a bad run.

We then played stu's liverpool and after getting the match back to 1-1 we were hit by 2 corner goals. The enquiry is still ongoing :p

Next was a match we expected to win but didnt as our lack of goals struck again and the match ended 0-0 against Huddersfield.

We then played cardiff in what i would call a must win match and thankfully we did although only by the odd goal. This set up an exciting last match against joe. After Joe's 1st minute 60 yard hoof to his Target man who flicked it onto his poacher we was 1 nil down.

Imrpessively we got back into the game and even took the lead to 2-1. I thought we could hold on but it wasnt to be and Joe equalised mid way thru the second half.

Im not happy with the seasons start but saying that to have started so bad and still be 9th must mean that once we turn the corner we should hopefully challenge at a higher level.

Belly, Till Next Week..

It seems whoever i go find themselfs in the bottom 3 so for hull now its back to basics nothing else will do .The main problem is scoring goals my defence aint that bad not getting thumped all the time just need to do better in front of the goals but i am planning to bring in a world class attacking coach very soon . On the other hand i might just give my young strikers there shot at the 1st team we need points soon to get back up out of this dogfight at the bottom of the table

Kim - Man Utd

What can I say? Well, 2 losses so far and 10 points behind the leader. Out of the league cup, but still firmly in the race in CL and FA cup.

Our story from last year continues really. We dominate at home, only to lose or draw away. Luckily the others only managed to play 2 league games as I was out on tuesday, because my moronic assistand thought that playing reserves and unregistering Emiliano Sanchez was a good thing :(

That left me with only 4 strikers, which soon was cut down to 3, then 2, then 1 and then I had none. Luckily all of the injuries have been short, but the lack of goals cost me a few points.

The worst 2 games so far was away to Geir and away to Steve.

As we visited Geir we were playing 41212 as we had some injuries up front. Long story short, we got thumped, clogged, beaten and in the end it was 4-1 to Geir.

The game against Steve started well, as Steve was called out for some work stuff. I thought I'd have a chance against his assistant, as we've all seen what kind of IQ most assistants have. We started out excellent, and were 2-0 up after short time, but we got too confident and Sunderland pounced on us immideately. After 45 insane minutes of football the score was 4-4! Both attacks had been good, with Sunderlands wingers being the most prolific in the game so far. Our defence on the other hand, well lets say they had an off day. At least thats not as insulting as I should be, because they were absolutely horrible. The whole back 5 really.

Unluckily for me, Sunderland still posess players with that little bit of extra thats neeeded in a close match, edging us out 5-4 in what must have been game of the season no doubt.

Utterly and truly disappointed of the league performances so far. Yes, we've had 2 hard away games, but we have not looked good so far. If we cannot improve on last year, I might have to take my hat and leave really, as failure is unacceptable.

--Kim

Last time we heard from the esteemed Sunderland manager he was reigning league champion and was leading his side to the cusp of a fourth successive championship. Today we speak to the Mackem legend at his first public appearance since his release from the priory.

Q: so Steve how are you feeling?

A: good fella, thanks, never better.

Q: can you tell us how you started your recent demise?

A: it's like they say, winning is a drug, losing is cold turkey hell.

Q: so what happened last season?

A: it all started ti go wrong last summer when I made a few decisions that with hindsight were clearly wrong. I lost four major squad players, Louka my source of goals, barnes the star left winger, caceres my playmaker, and bond the versatile fullback. In return we got simmonds. I felt the team was becoming stale and needed some fresh ideas. I implemented a new idea playing 4231, but this formation relies heavily on the ability of an absolute world class floating attacking midfielder playing in the hole, really as a second striker. As the main striker is utilised in a supporting role this attacking midfielder is needed to score at least 20 goals a season as well as helping to feed the striker and the two advanced wingers for them to also weigh in with their share of the goals. Things did not go to plan, although we started well and results were good we were not convincing and when the inevitable slump came I acted quickly to change things around.

Q: ah yes, the legendary WTF? formation, how did that come about?

A: well I slightly modified the 4231. I dropped Simmonds back into a box to box role, pushed Ianni up into an inside forward role, moved Danrlei to right of centre in an attacking midfield role and pushed laws to right of centre in a supporting attack role. This did not make the four players in close proximity get in each others way like you might expect. Instead it caused confusion and created a massive gap for goddard on the left.

Q: so where did it go wrong?

A: I don't think it did

Q: but results didn't go your way and you dropped from top to fifth?

A: that formation took us top. It worked very well. The problem was a loss if form to danrlei and then injury. Without him the formation does not work. We have no one else who can do what he does.

Q: so the drop down the table must have hit you hard?

A: well to drop so far was crushing. Especially when some personal issues meant I had to let essien have control ofthe side and he had some bad results.

Q: is it true that when the premier league came to collect the trophy for the end of season presentation that you were found locked inside your office, with the placed completely destroyed including your desk split in two, the rest if the furniture upturned and scattered about, and you naked in the middle of the room clinging onto the trophy which had been painted red and White?

A: doc says shouldn't talk about that. I have post traumatic stress disorder after those Arabs tried to kill me.

Q: so that was not a new desk I saw being delivered to your office last month?

A: doc said not to talk about it

Q: ok, so you missed the first few games of the season can you confirm whether or not you were in the priory at that time?

A: I was not in the priory

Q: a similar place for nut jobs? I mean a rehab?

A: I think this interview is over.

Q: what's your goal for the season?

A: to win everything. Same as always. But I must regain CL qualification and at least challenge the top 2. Then I'll be happier. But I don't settle for second.

The defiant Sunderland manager there. Back to you bob in the studio.

(off camera - did you see he had one trainer and one shoe on then? What a nutter!)

7th in league after 3 dissapointing draws in a row, but it's still a success considering that we're going for the cups this season and all the harsh injuries we've had in the beginning of season (9 injuries that have been 3 weeks or more so far). We're currently quaterfinalist in the league cup and with Huddersfield as opponent I expect to see us in the semis. Hopefully we can win a title in the end.

Fred (Burnleys beloved manager)

Mike - Wigan

Well what can I say? After I decided that I couldn't leave my beloved Wigan and sorted out my internet the boys have really pulled out all the stops.

We sit proudly at the top of the league 6 points clear of 2nd placed Man City. Only team to have taken points of us were Steve's awesome Sunderland, a game which we really should have won after being 4-1 up but a great fightback made the final score 4-4.

Just so everyone knows, Wigan are currently on a 29-game unbeaten streak!!!! Surely it cant last much longer??

Tough challenges face us this week as we will have to play Man Utd, Chelsea and Wolves (in the League Cup Qtr Final) away from our beloved Sturgeon Stadium, but I cant fault anything of last week. With a good week this week we could put ourselves firmly in the driving seat to retain the league. If we are still 6 points clear come the end of January then surely we must be the favourites.

Till next week....

Kim - Man Utd

This is the first week I've not really wanted to write anything. We've been so shockingly bad away from Old Trafford this season, I can't even begin to explain. We have thumped and humped almost everyone at home, with the only loss so far coming in the later games last week to Mike's Wigan. I think we've lost about 10 games in the league already, and thats at least 8 too many.

I'm not sure whether or not I will be at the helm next season, as I may just take my hat and go, as we clearly have a 2nd season syndrom each time with Man Utd. The swede has not given me any money since I spent 180m in the summer, and I think he wants return before he gives me any more. If we continue to dwindle down the table, we might even miss out on Europe next year, and my resignation might be replaced by a boot out the door. If that happens, I don't think I will stay on the dole for too long, as I'm sure there's at least a league 1 club looking to hire!

Belly Leeds

League Table

[ Insert Here ]

This week we done [ Insert Here ] as your can see in the league table were currently sitting [ Insert Here ]. Some [ Insert Here ] performances against [ Insert Here ] & [ Insert Here ] and some [ Insert Here ] performances against [ Insert Here ] & [ Insert Here ].

[ Insert Here ] has played very well but [ Insert Here ] has been very poor.

Hopefully we can [ Insert Here ] this week.

Till Next Week.

Belly

PS [ Insert Here ] = Steve get your ass online so i can get some ss....:p

Joe no longer at wolves

so my love affair with wolves is over after 14 and a half seasons at the club I decided my time was up. However I did advise the board on a suitable replacement in Fred and he is now Wolves manager and i wish him well. I now find myself at burnley where the squad is set up rather different to how i usually have my squad set up in a complete lack of a holding midfielder and wingers so back to 4-1-2-3 formation (after an unsuccesful experiment to use a 4-2-1-3 formation) using some of the cash available to secure dms in navaro from my old club and one from kim. I find myself just aiming to get to the end of the season with hopefully a top half finish (and i could do without qualifying for that bloody cup thanks) and a proper reshape of my side in the summer to a squad suitable to my taste. So far i find myself rather good at avoiding defeat, just not so good at winning many either. Ah well thats football I suppose

Thats all for now

Joe- now at burnley

Wolves for Burnley.

I had grown tired of being the coach at Burnley, I've done fairly well getting Burnley to 4th in league and a final loss in the Europa league final, but I felt it was time for a change and so me and Joe decided to swap jobs.

So a little look at Wolves, their potential, what can be done?

We'll start by looking at the squad

Goalies:

Ceccareli

Guilermo

I would say that maybe the biggest weakness of the team lies in the goalkeeper position, Ceccareli is 38 years old, he's a fairly good keeper but imo, he's not the class needed for an absolute top position in the league. The reserve keeper Guilermo is a catastrophe. He would do a good job in the championship but in a team that have ambitions a keeper like him won't cut it.

Defenders:

Fernandez (CB/LB)

Bond (LB)

Wells (CB/DM/MC)

Green (CB)

Miletic (RB)

Leadbiter (RB/CB/LB)

Looking at the defence, Wolves got quality, they've got 3-4 players that can do a very good job at the cb position and the left back is no problem with Bond, however the right back is not even close to the level of the other defenders sadly, Miletic is 32 years old and past it, Leadbiter is a good rotation player that can play at every position at the back but lack the quality for a starting position against top teams. A big plus that many of the defenders can play at different positions.

Midfielders:

Severino (MC/AMC)

Caceres (MC)

Ayhan (MC/DM)

Gustavinho (OMH/OMV)

Barnes (OMV/OMH)

Biscay (OMV/OMH)

Dener (OMH)

Rodrigues (MC/DM) (Loaned player)

The team is strong at the midfield, no talk about it, with Caceres doing freak goals every now and than, Ayhan (Clogger, long yard shooting), my beloved backup playmaker Severino (brought in from Burnley), the WC wingers Dener, Biscay and Barnes, a good 4th choice winger in Gustavinho and a loaned mediocre midfielder to fill the spot when injuries or suspensions are frequent.

Strikers:

Craddock

Rergis

Louka

Bonney (can also play as an OMH)

Salas (mr injured 6 week)

I don't really know what to say about the striking force at Wolves, Louka is still fairly good as a poacher, but let's face it he's not WC anymore. Salas looks to be a top targetman but seems to spend more time with the physios than at the pitch. Bonney haven't got the same pace as he used to, still a world class finisher and free kicker though. Craddock (had him at Burnley too) has been a dissapoint for me, only scoring 1 goal and missing chances after chances.

There'll be changes to the next season..Big ones. New goalkeeper and some reliable poacher must be brought in.

Fred - Wolves

Kim - retired, currently working on my tan, waiting for FM11

So, there you have it. I have officially retired my FM10 profile, and will be taking a break from FM until FM11 is out. I've simply not had as much fun lately, so I've decided to break from the game for now until FM11 is out. Thanks from me to all those that have played this FM10 clan game, it's been grea fun, and hopefully it will be even better on FM11. I'd also like to thank those that have actually been reading my posts (no doubt they have been of the longer ones, so pardon from me there!). Hope you enjoyed it, and will follow us (ok, follow ME! :p) on FM11 as well

Until next time

Kim

Stuart - Liverpool

What a great season it was at liverpool , we started off thinkin of a top 8 finish would be a very good season after finishing 10th the season before, and maybe with abit of luck sneek into the top 6 but there was no plan for a top 4 finish but thats were we find ourselfs and it has to rank as the best season ive ever had as a manager. All talk was band of a top 4 finish and the players did all there talkin on the pitch and 11 wins on the bounce through to the end of the season proving this was no fluke and shows with alot of hard work and a good team sprit then things like this can happen. But as they say all good things must come to a end and that has become the case with me and liverpool football club.

Stuart - NEW Wigan Manager

Yep thats right i find myself trying to fill big boots as the new wigan boss as there boss mike up sticks and left for a shock move to Manchester United. The bookies made me hot fav for the wigan job but when i was asked by the press if i wanted it i said No as i was really happy at liverpool and after the season we have had it was a great club to be around. But after a few days i got to thinking can i really repeat on what we done last season and the more questions i asked about myself and the club the more i came to think that maybe i cant take this club any higher, What with the money gap with the likes of Man City Sunderland and Wigan the chances of me winning the league or a champions league with liverpool would take another magical season and im not sure that even these players had that in them. After thinkin about my future at liverpool for 2,3 days the chairman came to me and said wigan are on the phone and want to talk to you about being there new manager and out of respect he would not stand in my way of talking to them, i knew before i talked to wigan that i wanted the job and the interview with the wigan chairman lasted all of half hour before i signed a contract.

It's taken alot for me to leave liverpool as i was really happy there but the chance to be wigan manager was to greater pull, and there are the only club i would of left liverpool for. Also it has taken me 2,3 weeks to find my feet with my new club, the sadness at leaving liverpool took sometime to get over and the fact there are so many players at wigan took all my time to sort through who i throught was good enough and who i was going to sell. I have to say that the job mike has done here makes being a manager of wigan alot easyer than i first throught, there is a great youth set up and a 1st to die for, my hat goes off to you mike well done.

Thats all for now. More soon

Belly - Leeds

This week im gonna keep my post low-Key. Having won 7 out of 7 last week and this week i won every match bar one which i drew.

Understandably i have league title aspirations in the back of my mind but i dont dare to think about it for fear of jyxing it.

From a very quiet optimystic manager.

Belly

Joe Burnley

finished last season strong and got alarmingly close to qualifying for the euro cup which i did not want but settled for 8th place.

then came the summer reshuffle out went a lot of players for a lot of cash in came new players and some familiar faces in leadbeater wells and fernandes to add some steel to my side. Started the season reasonably well with 2 wins and 2 losses thus far but an early exit from the league cup hurt

thats all for now

I've been reviewing our thread, dear readers, and it seems that the regularity of our posting is definitely on the wane. And I must apologize as one of the biggest culprits for this. I think that our appetite for the game has diminished but we're still playing every session, still playing past our nominated finish time, ("just one more game!") and our numbers have remained buoyant.

I amassed a formidable side at Sunderland, one that won 3 leagues and 2 Champions leagues, but after drawing a blank in the big two competitions and winning cups no longer being here or there for me, it was disheartening for me to skip too far behind to regain the league and after missing out on champions league qualification altogether with a poor fifth place there was very little left to play for and mentally I was left waiting for another two weeks or so for the next season to be underway. This led to realise that game wise I was in danger giving up altogether. When this happens on SP I usually add a new manager and pass 4 months or so trying to rekindle my enthusiasm for the saved game by trying to save a virtually doomed club. Therefore, I resigned my commission from Sunderland and took the job at Cardiff. It was initially an impossible task that seemed beyond me. After losing the first few games the team suddenly clicked and adjusted to my formation and won three games on the bounce. All of a sudden we were back from the dead and a plan of a win and a draw seemed to be enough to effect the great escape.

We started superbly by blasting Jim's spurs off the park and taking a 1-0 win. They equalised against the run if play and as we tried to restore our authority but with our best players going off with knocks, we were caught on the break and suddenly found ourselves defeated 3-1. A cruel blow that consigned us to relegation. To make matters worse we won our final game 4-1 with a thumping of the manager-less man utd who were clearly lost without the talismanic Kim smeghead. If only we'd have held onto our lead against Jim and we'd have been clear of relegation. Four wins from the last five games were not enough but did amount to almost half of all the points Cardiff had obtained in the previous 33 games. I was left frustrated by the boards indecision and failure to appoint me sooner as I feel had I had a few more games then I would have been able to turn things around quicker and prevented them from falling through the premier league trapdoor.

I decided to stay with Cardiff down o tue championship and then seek to bring them up. Unfortunately, there is no more than two full seasons left before we switch to FM11, so any chance of taking Cardiff to heights in the premier league are unlikely. After mike left Wigan to step into the man utd hot seat, I decided to take up a similar role at arsenal. A team very much in decline and drifting towards the bottom of the table with every passing year. With two years left there isn't time to get them in a position to win the league but my goal is to obtain CL qualification by the games end.

The gunners needed major surgery and we brought in the following:

Zikmund - 33 year old keeper languishing in the CCC

Barron - Scottish international right back

Ayala - solid centre back

Rafa silva - young centre half with pace to burn.

Schofield - flying young winger brought from Sunderland

Diego - another rescued from villa

Garre - a play anywhere midfielder

Vagner - Brazilian left winger

Grundy - young left winger from Sunderland

Krick - young centre mid from Sunderland

Tafaj - young forward on loan

Goncalves - young forward and Sunderland reject teachers from villa

Lagnas - big signing, not performing, and likely to move in in the next window.

Arsenal's team has practically been replaced lock stock and barrel. The main survivors are the captain Brandl, who's struggled with injuries this season, and the defence including Jennings a capable young irish centre back, and both the fullbacks.

We got off to a tough start finding ourselves bottom after just four games. That was tempered by the fact we lost to all the top three teams from last season and were trying to gel the team together without a keeper and a few other key players. The other side we lost to was joes burnley in a close game. Since then we've hit some form winning 6, drawing 3 and losing 1. The defeat was an unfair one against fred's title chasing wolves. We now sit comfortably in mid-table and had only lost to 4 of the top 5 and Joe. We've started to gel our side and things look good for achieving a top 10 sot this season and pushing on for a top 4 position.

Steve - Arsenal

Wolves are not the same....

It should be stated that Joe and me are two different kinds of managers. Joe is more of a safeplaying, conservative manager while i'm a manager that will throw out even the biggest stars if i'm not happy with them and to found proof of that we don't have to look any further than at the team currently managed by me and formerly managed by Joe, Wolves.

When I took them over they had players at every single position that were icons and had played for many many years in the club. Players like Ayhan (the games, Nigel de Jong?), Biscay, Wells, Rergis, Ceccarelli, Bonney, Dener, Miletic, Fernandez, Cowie, Leadbeater.

I took over the club after half season in Januari last season, unfortunately I didn't manage to sort everything out with the squad in time so I couldn't make any decisions toward transfers. However when the summer came, I decided to purge the squad.

We saw the departure of Ayhan, Wells, Guilermo, Rergis (good, but too old), Miletic, Cordoba, Louka, Lopes, Leadbeter.

New arrivals were many former Burnley/Fred players, Rowlands, Iliadis, Jonathan, Severino. We got Marrrero from City, a superpromising lb from Italy named James, Thomas a reserve play at every position back defender from Arsenal, Plinio the wage crazy cb, Krasimirov a former player of mine when he was a youth, Meric, Aloar and finally Nikitin, a good performing multi position player.

We've had a good start with 11 wins in 14 games. Some lucky wins and some lucky losses. We've had a large amount of penalties against us, hopefully that will turn to profit us in the lasting games. There's been alot of discussion about the winger Biscay and his coming departure, as I said before i'm not afraid to kick out players that don't perform or get injured a lot (Both in the case of Biscay). + He hasn't produced anything in the games he played + he was a big contribution to Davies 4-1 win against us when he both missed a 1v1 and he lost the ball causing a counter attack that led to a goal. Even 4th choice winger Gustavinho has scored 4 goals. I rest my case.

Fred - Wolves

Stuart - Wigan

its taken time for the team to get used to there new system but things are now coming togetter at the right time. We went on a 9 game winning streak and then flew over to defend our world club trophy and we did that with some style. Its my 1st trophy with wigan and i hope not the last. Things are going well in europe we won our group with 2 games still to go, we are 2nd in the league and in the semi of the league cup. With the jan window close and with some cash i might try and find 1 or 2 players to sure up my side as it is abit small. My youth set up is outstanding but the young lads are still a season or 2 away from being good enough.

Thats all more soon

Belly - Leeds

Weve improved on our form sligtly last week and am now sitting in the top 4. Not sure if this is down to the fixture list or what but i hope we can stay within the top 4 and hopefully push Oli for the title.

Belly

Joe Burnley

Blah blah blah stuff happened blah blah blah blasted refs world out to get me etc etc etc

ok seriously kinda dull week, not much happened of note other than the beginning of the introduction of wingers to my side, solid mid table and good performance in the fa cup is my aim and avoid qualifying for that damned cup.

Belly - Leeds

lg2829final.jpg

tg2829.jpg

ar2829.jpg

Superb Season for us this year. Having added a number of players to an existing strong squad assembled by Oliver we started with an expected media position of 6th. We started well and was in the top 4. A Strong run in the middle of the season saw us go top and things were looking bright. Howevre due to the number of competitions i was in my players started to pick up injuries and suspensions and we lost a run of games which saw us drop to 6th.

However in the last few games players returned to fitness and form and we finished with a run of wins including Away to Freds Wolves, Home to Jim's Spurs and home to Steve's Arsenal.

Thankfully Mike,s Man Utd did us a massive favour last game of the season and were able to secure the Highly lucrative 4th Champions League Spot.

We done very well in the cups too losing in the league cup final to the League Champions Stu's Wigan and going on to win the Europa League.

So to sum up we finished in my highest ever position as a manager in the league, Won my 1st ever European Trophy and Qualified for the Champions League for the first time. Not bad i say.

Now im sure i will be looked at as a team that will now suffer from Champions League Hangover in the season coming up. Hopefully we can strengthen with playersd whether they are maturing youth or players coming in from other teams.

Bellys Manager Review

Stuart - Wigan - Great Season - League Champions for the 1st time in addition to League Cup Winners and i think next seasons favorite for the Champions League

Davie - Good season by Davie - Challenged Oli alll the way to lose narrowly in the Champions League final and 3rd in the League is a good achievement. Will be interesting to see how his team progress next season.

Oliver - Man City - I would say winning the champions League with any team is a great season so well done Oliver. Good to see if he can bring home the elusive League Title next season.

Fred - Wolves - Started like a train but faded 2nd half of the season (thankfully for me). Question is will this seasons disappointment motivate him or will it have the opposite effect.

Mike - Man Utd - Good Solid first season with Man Utd but as myself and Kim have found he will need to start finishing in the Top 4 soon otherwise Mr Swede wont be happy.

Steve - Arsenal - Steve's done well and made constant progress. will be interestnig to see if he is able to break into the top 6 in what will probably be the clans last season on FM10.

Joe - Liverpool - Joe left Burnley and took over the red side of the mersey. Dont think he will have enough time to make an impact but i think his challlenge lies in winning a cup as he doesnt want to go into FM11 as the only manager not to of won some silverware.

Geir - Chelsea - Its a millions miles from his all conquering West ham side and it will be interesting to see how well he does in FM11.

Jimmy - Spurs - Just as Jim promises to break into the top 2 or 3 teams Jims teams normally fall away. However he always finds quality players and if he can find a decent system and maybe be in more attendance he might have a shot at more silverware.

Kim - Unemployed - This former manager like Geir will look back at Fm10 feeling that he never quite reached the heights of his all conquering Hull Team. With 2 spells at his beloved Man Utd and no League title i think he will see that as a failure. Maybe FM11 he can put that right.

Overall well done to all Managers for what was again a tense and exciting season from day 1 up until the last kick of the season.

Belly.

Steve - arsenal

I've got one eye on fm11 and sheff weds at the moment. Which arsenal trundling along well off the pace does not help. Ot looks like we're a couple if seasons off challenging now. I should be pleased that I've had a big impact here but I'm used to winning and so being an also ran is not good.

Hopefully my assman won't mess things up too much whilst I'm AWOL tonight.

Roll on fm11

And so it ends ...

I left you with hope that my resurgence after my ass man messed up the first few games of the season would be carried on after I missed yet another session. Unfortunately the buffoon didn't win a game and my tenure at Arsenal came to an end. Amazing really, particularly when you consider that I played 6 games this season and was unbeaten, whilst the buffoon couldn't muster a single victory.

I had grown tired of this edition, I stepped down from Sunderland for a reason, and I enjoyed almost achieving the impossible at Cardiff. I felt that I did very well at Arsenal, taking them from the lower half of the table and turned them back into a top 8 side in only a couple of seasons and believed they had the foundations for continued European Campaigns. Alas, without my guidance the club slipped back and now enters a new era.

I'll take a week off, recharge my batteries and continue my preperations for my challenge of restoring Sheff Weds to greatness. Until FM11, dear readers.

Steve

Ok this will be my final post!

My best XI of the players who played FOR ME during my 20 seasons on FM10:

Gk: Den Ouden (Sunderland)

Rb: Lucas Rodriguez (Sunderland)

Lb: Stratos Papageorgiou (Sunderland)

Cb: Nicolás Ottmendi (Wolves)

Cb: Ivan Saveljev (Sunderland)

Rw: Martin Ianni (Sunderland)

Lw: Luke Goddard (Sunderland)

Mcd: Michael Essien (Chelsea)

Mca: Carl Daniels (Sunderland)

Fct: James Laws (Sunderland)

Fcp: Yannis tafer (Sunderland)

Honourable Mentions:

Gk: Bruno Cecceralli (Wolves)

D: Karamouka Touré (Chelsea)

D: Jon Lasarte (Sunderland)

M: Eduardo Salvio (Wolves)

M: Andrew Morrison (Sunderland)

F: Sergio Aguero (Chelsea)

F: (Big) Sidney (Chelsea)

following steves best 11 heres mine, rather wolves biased considering how long I spent there

GK Ceccarelli Wolves

RB Villaalba Wolves

LB Lozano Wolves

CB Wells Wolves/Burnley

CB Fernandes Wolves/Burnley

RW Salvio Wolves

LW Biscay Wolves

CM Ayhan Wolves

CM Simmonds Wolves

ST Bonney Wolves

ST Kerzakov Wolves

Honorable mentions

GK Super Jussi Bolton

RB/LB David Santon Wolves

CM Tinga Wolves

CM Sandro Wolves

LW/ST dentinhio Wolves

RW Dener Wolves

ST Milevski Wolves

ST Bojinov Bolton/Wolves

Belly - Leeds

Final League Table

lg2930C.jpg

Stuart Won the Champions League in the games last ever game.

As he and i and Joe were the only regular managers in this last year i will declare stuart manager of the Year for winning the champions League.

Only dissapointment was that i was unable to beat Wolves last game of the season to win the league but i now go into Fm11 in full confidence after the success ive had with Leeds.

Belly

Archived