Premiership Glory 2011 Clan

alvaan

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve you were wrong, i'm still getting that auto promotion spot.

I'm glad to be proven wrong here Fred. You did a brilliant job last season, all in all.

Your last post was superb, you really are descending into madness!

sheffieldwednesday.jpg

Expectations:

League: media - 17th, board - lower mid table. finished 4th

FA Cup: 5th round. went out fifth round .

League Cup: 2nd round. made quarter finals

The season

It was a season to remember at Hillsborough. It was certainly a season of surprise for the Premier League too. I told you all how I was disappointed to finish 15th last season and so I had every confidence I could rapidly improve on it. I did this by getting out of the blocks quickly and setting the early pace, I then kept pace with Nathan until he battered me 4-0 at home. Next I tried to cling onto 2nd, then Villa surpassed us by the midway point. We then hung on to third with Man Utd and Arsenal menacingly closing in on us. A fightback from 2-0 down at home to Arsenal to draw 2-2, was a massive result. Whilst we relinquished third place to Man Utd but kept Arsenal at bay, we then only had to draw away to league runners-up Villa and we’d secure 4th and Champions League. We twice took the lead but were pegged back each time. However, we kept on the front foot as we can only play one way and every time we sit back, it usually ends in disaster. We went looking for a third goal, it didn’t come, but our luck at the other end held and we got the result we needed.

Celebrations from the fans and players were wild and it was not until an interview with Sky Sports News when Big Phil was in the studio and brought me crashing down to earth, “I don’t want to **** on your bonfire Steve, but you do realise that if Forest beat Real Madrid in the Champions League final, then you’re not in the Champions League next season?” My heart sank, and we were then kept on tenterhooks for the next week waiting for the result from Madrid. A big party was organised at Hillsborough for all the staff and players. I choose to go to the game and sat next to me was Big Phil wearing a Madrid top, “If Forest win, they get Champions League, you get Europa, and we get nothing”, he explained. “Come on Madrid I shouted!”. Forest lost and Big Phil and I hit the bars around town after the game. Cracking night, but I’ll let Big Phil tell you about what happened to cause him to wake up in that dodgy hotel with an oriental ladyboy!

We are Champions League, say we are champions League!

Transfers:

Gk: Gordon is being a hard one to pin down. He wants a 3 year deal at 34, on big money, no chance laddie. We’ll play hardball even if he walks. Regardless of whether Gordon stays or goes replacing him long term is a priority.

RB: Christensen and Coleman are both as good as each other and are not going to get any better any time soon. We need better to compete in the Champions League.

LB: Robertinho played very well in his first full season. Spyro is crocked and so will be released. We need competition from an experienced man at least.

CB: I’m happy enough with my four of Tomkins, Zayate, Hobbs and Pepe. McCullough can cover.

DM: extremely solid here with Campos and Benz.

MC: Barkley and Costa are not quite world class but they combined well enough to deserve a crack at CL. Costa looks the business long term.

LW: Lestienne is now looking a weak link, which shows how far the team has come. Garcia and Toni Silva will be shipped out to raise transfer funds for a Starting LW of CL quality.

RW: we have pure quality here with Karlsson and the young Czech.

CF: I’m strong here with Flopper (Oz), Pasta (Carbonaro), (Razor) Ramón, Lascaux, and Gharbi.

Targets: Gk or two, LB, RB, LW.

Manager's Thoughts:

I'm gambled with Sheff Weds finances, and by the turn of the year I knew that we were in some difficulty. Our balance sheet drifted out to £13m and Andy Carson called me into the office to explain that after pressure from the banks he would have to pay off the balance immediately, despite the fact that the debt would be imminently wiped out with the award of prize money in the coming weeks. However, we would be able to use that prize money to pay for improvements to training facilities and youth facilities. So with a small loan from the chairman, and some Premier League prize money, our finances now look very healthy once more.

The other clowns:

Nathan – well and truly on the trophy trail now, with only the CL eluding him. He’s got it easy at the moment as it’ll be a fair few seasons before I expect a legitimate challenge.

Mike – his team is starting to blossom but there is still maturity left to come, and so it’s a while yet before he’ll threaten Nathan, but I expect him to threaten the CL places next season. Solid season of improvement from Mike this term.

Kim – more or less as for Mike. He has what can only be described as the best young side in the league. I expect with those kids and his know how, it’ll be a challenge from the North East.

Jim – his side finished the season so strongly, he has money to spend, but the squad needs a lot of work. I expect Jim to be in transition next season.

Oliver – he has declared that he needs a whole new side. Eyes have rolled. Roman had better get his cheque book out. Chelsea will have a revolving door this summer.

Fred – did so well to get Wigan up after the broadside that was administration. He has a track record of improving little sides like Wigan. I think he’ll need a bigger side should he want to move to the higher end of the Premier League.

Geir – he brazenly gave up at Scunthorpe chucking all of his good work away. He then proved himself right, by steering QPR to promotion. He has a strong team and can expect to go straight into a promotion fight in the Championship.

Joe – finally showed he is not a bad manager! Excellent season for Joe and has a decent side to capitalise on his promotion.

Paul – shrugged off last season’s underachievement to show his promise once more. Thoroughly deserved to go up.

Jonnie – choked at the end of the season, but recovered well to go up by the play-offs. Can he finally break the hoodoo and keep a side up?

Will – looked set for promotion but blew it in the play-offs. Unlucky Will.

Belly – yo-yo’d up and down the table and finished out of the play-offs with a side expected to go up. Poor show Belly.

Davie – was MIA.

Steve

Phil McCracken - Southampton

League - 6th (board expectation was mid-table, media prediction was 7th)

FA Cup - 5th round (assman lost to Chelsea 1-0)

League Cup - Semi Finals (assman lost to Burnley)

Europa League - Runner Up (Lost 2-0 to Arsenal(

Overall, considering our p*ss poor start we have had a fairly good season. My main aim was European competition which was achieved. My assman will be replaced after getting us knocked out in both domestic cups. And the 1st European final for the clan, was wrecked when Marcelo missed a penalty, then Berbache got a straight red for a bad tackle.

On the players front I'm honestly not going to be buying many players. I have just loaned Yatabare to cover the impressive Ronaldo at AMC, I have Ceyhun Sahin coming back from loan to boost my strikers and I have just picked up an 18 year old CB who will go straight in as 3rd choice CB. Also signed is a 37yo Robert Green on a free, for back up to Collignon who played 55 games this year, and MC Maxime Gonalons(sp) to add depth to the mc spots. We also welcome back a few loanees that will fill out the squad better than ever. Unfortunately my finances are not looking great even though we made a profit last year, so i will need to offload a few players. None of my 1st team squad will go, unless I get offers that i just cant refuse.

Hopefully next season we can start alot better than we have this year. If we can we should be there or there abouts for a top 6 finish.

Joe Watford

Finally out of league 2 and did it as champions despite my sides best attempts to give the title to paul in the final couple of months. Star performer was Watford legend Will Buckley, the lad is pure class. The recruitment drive is already well under way with some great support from the board in the form of a transfer kitty. In has come among others some of my old boys from bradford in little shane ferguson, and finish right back carll jenkinson along with scot kirk broadfoot to replace loanee cooke (whom was superb) alongside star cb grandison (who was also awesome).

Now for the other idiots

Nathan: spent half a billion won almost everything, not good enough nathan with that kind of spend you need to win everything

Steve: gambled financially speaking but it paid off (just) with cl, now were he to go out in the qualifier........

Mike: Europe, not bad

Kim steady as she goes

Jim: liverpool now so no comment as of yet

Oli: getting the cheque book out already, he'll find a way to bankrupt abramovich i'm certain.

Fred: did well to get promoted after admin

geir: our resident league one expert

Paul: started a bit slow but well earned promotion

Jonny: fell away at the end but playoff promotion is still an excellent achievement

Will good season by will and has to be favorite for promotion

Belly do you love league 2 that much?

Stu Bottler

Just remember to follow SI rules and not to post on here asking to join the game.

At this moment we're not taking in any members. If we decide to start taking in new members again we'll post here, and PM dcu223 or Dig_dog if you want to join, do not make the mistake of posting on the thread as that will lower your chances of joining.

And if you do make the mistake of posting and see this, then be fast and remove your post so we either forget who posted it or we never made it in time to even notice a post.

anyway i can get on this lads ? pm me if i can. looks a good hard fought human fm save

With English like this maybe he could be used to interpret davie and will.

Where is our official Thread moderator when you need him?

PREMIER LEAGUE PREVIEW

The new season is close and it’s time to preview the season as all the glossy mags are churning out their copies in time to hit newsagents at the start of august. Season 8 (2017/8) promises to be the most fiercely contested season so far for the human managers.

Let’s first of all consider why. Nathan went up first season with Joe, the latter then jumped the Sheffield United Ship to land the plum Newcastle job but missed out and ended up on the sinking ship that was Portsmouth. Thereafter, Nathan’s Forest went from strength to strength and had a significant head start on Jim’s Burnley, Mike’s Southampton, and Kim’s Huddersfield. So much so that he really was streets ahead by the time that the AI recognised his talents and rewarded him with the Man City job. In that first season with City, Jim provided plucky but ultimately weak resistance to the sky blue money machine. Jim then landed the descendant Liverpool job the following season and was even further behind. Mike made a promising start by threatening the European places in his second season but then stuttered before landing 6th last season. Kim switched to Newcastle and has had a hard time with their limited funding in getting that particular sleeping giant to wake up, but his tussle with Mike last season for 6th, with a very young and talented side really does show promise for the future. Steve’s Sheffield Wednesday came from nowhere to clinch 4th position and a Champions League spot last season, and with a very young side he is also showing great promise. Oliver was lucky to get the Chelsea job last season, and somehow is ringing massive transfer funds out of the chairman. Oli will have to deliver next season, and by that I mean a top 6 finish. Meanwhile, Fred has also joined the premier league ranks, but he’ll be more content with fighting a successful battle to stay up than with catching the East Midlander.

Let’s run through the title contenders:

Nathan – double champion at Man City, has a bottomless well of funding for transfers, and the best squad in the League. Surely, an odds on favourite for a third straight title.

Aston Villa – came from nowhere last season to finish 2nd. I expect them to tumble back into oblivion this season, particularly without major investment to equip them for the Champions League.

Man Utd – recovered to pip Steve to third when it looked likely that this massive job might open up, and surely Mike and Kim would be tempted to take it on and then Nathan in turn. They have been well off the championship pace since Nathan came along and this is the best placed AI team to stop him, but the quality is not there in their current squad.

Steve – has spent £40m improving his Sheffield Wednesday side particularly down the left hand side with a new left back and a new left winger. He’s also brought in 2 new keepers and lost a key player in Craig Gordon. The question is are these subtle changes that enhance the squad, or will it upset the balance. And for what is undoubtedly a smaller squad particularly in quality outside of the best XI, can they stand up to the rigours of a lengthy Champions League campaign and still compete in the league?

Arsenal – like Man Utd they are falling away from the summit of the table and last season looked further back than ever before. It’s surely only a matter of time until they are looking for a human manager.

Mike – has built a Southmapton side that is so full of promise and with players like Marcelo are capable of beating anyone, even Nathan on their day, but alas they do not appear to be capable of doing it every week.

Kim – has what looks to be the best u21 squad in the game. However, Newcastle have suffered a bitter blow losing the superb young talent Swales to Man Utd, he has identified a keeper and a MC as his top priorities but with players like Reyes in his squad he’s already equipped to challenge at the very top.

Jim – had Liverpool steaming up the table like an air bubble climbing to the oceans surface. He’s got money to spend, he’s crafted a talented squad and after a big January window, he’s been far more reserved this summer. Expect him to start with the form he was finishing with and to be right in the mix for the Champions League Spots.

Oliver – has spent £140m in a 2 week period. He’s added quality such as £60m Pato to his squad and he’s threatening to spend more. Oli’s Chelsea are looking to spend their way back into contention, but he’s got to get that team gelled and winning or he might find himself quickly out of work.

Tottenham – a quick mention for the team who finished 3rd from bottom last season. The AI has made them 3rd favourites for the title, and the reason for this is a takeover by a rich tycoon and is surely a statement of intent that the AI is going to amount an assault on us from Spurs.

My predicted top 10:

1. Nathan’s Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Jim’s Liverpool

4. Kim’s Newcastle

5. Mike’s Southampton

6. Steve’s Sheffield Weds

7. Oli’s Chelsea

8. Arsenal

9. Spurs

10. Aston Villa

The bottom line is, for Nathan, enjoy it easy whilst it lasts, he might even win easily once again this season, but a challenge is gathering pace now and the season after this coming one, might see him have to prove himself.

Stuart - Shrewbury

After leaving charlton i had a nice break and found myself being drawn to a league 2 side n shrewbury, dont ask me why this is but it just felt right and i took the job with them at the wrong end of he table. My frist job was to see how the set up at the club was and to my shock i walked into a place that most championship sides would be happy with. A bran spankin new 10,000 all seater stadum no debt to speak of and a team that was better than what they had been showing.

After a meeting with all the staff and players my job for the rest of the season was to see who was good enough and who was going out the door. As the games went past it i knew that there was not much work that needed doing as there is a group of players that know there business and love to put there foot in. What i did note was the lack of fire power up front with only 2 out and out strkers in the side this is one area that i will be looking to improve on and i have already made 3 summer signings one of them a England under 19 stirker who i have high hopes for after leaving arsenal on a free.

My Fellow clan members think i was stupid to leave charlton and Jim went as far as to call me mad and maybe they are right only time will tell but i do like the lower leagues and i love to weel and deal my way through the leagues. Also there is alot of talk of Shrewbury going up next season but im not sure about this. Altho we have a good team there is also Will's Exeter and Bellys Port Vale, Both Strong sides and know there team better than what i know mine at the moment. A playoff place is what im looking for this season anymore would be great.

More soon

Geir - QPR

Have started out decent in our return to Championship. Media expectation is 20th.

I`m hoping for 19th. But as long as we maintain our seat im happy!

Have brought in several experienced players, such as Jarstein, Cuellar, Lupoli,

Hope they will contribute enough to see QPR in championship division next year also.

Until then............. hope Scunthorpe crash and burn!!

Geir - QPR

And so it ends...................

Big Phil: Unfortunately, due to the current state of the game, the current economic climate at Southampton and the pure fact that Southampton can 'only' attract an average of 26k fans, it is with my deepest regret that I, Phil McCracken, have to offer my resignation as Manager of Southampton Football Club.

Chairman: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, how can you leave us?? How will life go on without you?? Who else will want to manage a stagnant club that cant attract new fans even thought we have a very promising squad? We are only losing £2mil a month, so you would only have to sell one or two of your up and coming players just to balance the books every year. We wont ever enlarge the stadium because we just don't want to. You don't need any better facilities, and you definately don't need any feeder clubs. Seriously, please reconsider your resignation.

Big Phil: Ermmmmmmmmmmmm........ (less than a second) Not a chance!!!!!To be honest I dont care. Best of luck finding your new man. Ta ra.

The writing was on the wall, when the board gave me my transfer budget for this season. When you think about all I had achieved for them, the massive increase in reputation and delivered European football, lost the final to a red card/missed penalty crap, the Knobhead board decided that I should be able to keep up with the other teams, competing for those euro places, on a £4mil transfer budget AND a lower wage budget (by 150k a week!!!). I leave Southampton with a heavy heart, and a solid and young squad, as long as their squad doesnt get ripped apart too bad they will be fine for the next few seasons.

So after reaching the Euro Final my reputation had improved a lot and there were a few jobs that I kept my eye open for when they came available. And luckily enough the one that I wanted the most was available and they wanted me............

And so it begins..............

Big Phil - Arsenal

I had to leave and when one of the highest valued clubs in the world decided to offer me the job I couldn't refuse.

With now all of the Big 5 (apart from Man Utd) being controlled by humans, little old Southampton just couldn't keep up with spending power. Unlike FM10, if I dont take over a 'Big' club soon, its going to be nearly impossible to break the stranglehold that Man City has.

I walked into the Emirates and looked at my current squad. Looking at it, on paper, it looks the business. Ochoa, Clichy, Subotic, Kjaer, Song, Sissoko, Fabregas, Nasri, Bendtner, Chamakh, Alexis Sanchez, Walcott, Capel are at the club which gives me a solid squad to start with. All of these are between 28 and 32 which will give me a couple of years where I shouldnt really need to break up this team too much. Looking at the reserve squad there are NO players worth talking about, all will be sold for £0 if need be. In my u18's we have 1 star player who should be a leading premiership RW.

I was given, what I consider a pretty poor transfer budget considering the value of the club, but after adjusting the wages I managed to make it into 3 figures. So obvioulsy due to the strength of my 1st team, my transfer policy is going to have to be kids. So I went and raided my old club, Southampton. Deals already confirmed are for Silverio (fantastic CB, starter for Brazil), Russel Ntini (17yo ST, will definately become an Arsenal legend), Ronaldo (amazing AMC 19yo) and Diego Risso (18yo Argy DC who joined Southampton just last summer, but was pushing very hard for a starting place before I left). Other deals are still ongoing and I plan to only bring in 1 or 2 more players this year, as I don't want to be struggling for squad registration in the Euro Cup.

I am undecided about a formation, due to the sheer quality of wingers that are at the club, generally I prefer a narrow formation. 4231 looks a very good possibility as well as a 41221 with wingers, or maybe a classic 442. I may start though with my tried and tested 41212 that has brought me success at Southampton.

More next week......

And so it begins..............

Big Phil - Arsenal

I had to leave and when one of the highest valued clubs in the world decided to offer me the job I couldn't refuse.

With now all of the Big 5 (apart from Man Utd) being controlled by humans, little old Southampton just couldn't keep up with spending power. Unlike FM10, if I dont take over a 'Big' club soon, its going to be nearly impossible to break the stranglehold that Man City has.

I walked into the Emirates and looked at my current squad. Looking at it, on paper, it looks the business. Ochoa, Clichy, Subotic, Kjaer, Song, Sissoko, Fabregas, Nasri, Bendtner, Chamakh, Alexis Sanchez, Walcott, Capel are at the club which gives me a solid squad to start with. All of these are between 28 and 32 which will give me a couple of years where I shouldnt really need to break up this team too much. Looking at the reserve squad there are NO players worth talking about, all will be sold for £0 if need be. In my u18's we have 1 star player who should be a leading premiership RW.

I was given, what I consider a pretty poor transfer budget considering the value of the club, but after adjusting the wages I managed to make it into 3 figures. So obvioulsy due to the strength of my 1st team, my transfer policy is going to have to be kids. So I went and raided my old club, Southampton. Deals already confirmed are for Silverio (fantastic CB, starter for Brazil), Russel Ntini (17yo ST, will definately become an Arsenal legend), Ronaldo (amazing AMC 19yo) and Diego Risso (18yo Argy DC who joined Southampton just last summer, but was pushing very hard for a starting place before I left). Other deals are still ongoing and I plan to only bring in 1 or 2 more players this year, as I don't want to be struggling for squad registration in the Euro Cup.

I am undecided about a formation, due to the sheer quality of wingers that are at the club, generally I prefer a narrow formation. 4231 looks a very good possibility as well as a 41221 with wingers, or maybe a classic 442. I may start though with my tried and tested 41212 that has brought me success at Southampton.

More next week......

Dunno why mike but this song makes me think of your recent Club Change...

Dunno why mike but this song makes me think of your recent Club Change...

Adrian, I'm really very worried about your taste in music. Both this and your previous selection of backing tracks for your own youtube videos of the clan highlights, make me think you have all the music tastes of a 12 year old girl.

Joe Watford

Bit dull this week, won some lost some drew some, my team varies from sheer brilliance (winning 4-0 vs preston) to sheer ridiculous (losing 5-2 to someone whom i can't remember) still outside the relegation zone which is the sole aim for the season. As to fellow human duels only human v human match i've had was vs paul where i set out to bore everyone to death by keeping things tight and strayed away from my usual 442 to a 1 striker system with a dm put in to counter pauls diamond and amc, it worked where one of the dullest 0-0s i've played occurred and i got the nice point, though the plan to bring back the more physical side to my tactics didn't exactly happen either as my players didn't even bother doing that, the quest for a working clogging tactic continues.

Adrian, I'm really very worried about your taste in music. Both this and your previous selection of backing tracks for your own youtube videos of the clan highlights, make me think you have all the music tastes of a 12 year old girl.

I appologise Stephen - Here is something in your collection for your enjoyment

SI POSTS

Weekly Updates Since Wed Session

Belly - Done

Steve - Done

Joe - Done

Mike - Done

Stuart - Not Done

Kim - Not Done

Jimmy - Not Done

Oliver - Not Done

Nathan - Not Done

Geir - Not Done

Will - Not Done

Jonny - Not Done

Davie - Not Done

Fred - Not Done

Paul - Not Done

Poor Show lads..

Stuart - Shrewsbury

Sorry for the late post been very busy.

It was a great week for the Town the aim of getting a playoff place is on track as we sit proudly 6th and only 4 points off 2nd. I have a good mix in my team with the youth of Ian moss and the wise old head of david ball getting the job done for me up front its a partnership that i could not have asked to have gone any better and i just hope they stay injury free for the rest of the season.

The only downer so far this season is losing to bellys Port Vale 4-2 this season, it was the worst we have played all season and it still leaves a bad tast in the mouth as we had been going so well up tlll that point. There is no cup run to talk this season as we lost on pens to preston in the league cup and i threw the under 18s in the john panters.

Thats all for now. More sooon

Wigan - Fred

Got a whole new team in Wigan and we're confident that we will not get relegated with the team I've set together. We've added players such as Darren Gibson, Bikey, Mohammed Sissoko, a very talented striker in Girardi and some others like Mcdonell, Paul Robinson, Yes it's the keeper (him and Bikey make over 70 years together hoho). Erm who else do we have, a young right winger in Chewe, a superfast right winger loaned from Rangers Lennon his name, Bardsley and Riberio so I have some RB's. I also had some other loans than Lennon, I got to loan a quality defender from Mike William, and I also loaned a player from Nathan.

Media Prediction: 20th

Board Demand: Try and avoid relegation

Fa Cup: 4th?

League Cup: 3d? I truly don't know and I truly don't care either. I just want to get as far as possible from the drop before I divert my attention elsewhere.

Nathan – Manchester City

The start of the season hasn’t gone as planned, but it isn’t totally unexpected either. I couldn’t expect to dominate the league from start to finish as I have done it the past but nevertheless I still sit top of the league and I’m in a strong position to start pulling away from the chasing pack. With early season draws with Nottingham Forest, Manchester United and a first home loss since I took over at Eastlands to Steve things aren’t in the best of shape and these results provide a much needed reality to check to some players who havn’t been performing as well as expected.

In the transfer market I have invested in youth big this time round, this is all part of the plan to get rid of dead wood on high wages so I can start to bring the club to be self-sustainable with finances, I have vastly reduced the wage budget since I took the helm and I intend to reduce them much more.

Having crashed out of the league cup early on to Jim (it is his favourite competition, his holy grail if you like. N.B it was his first victory over me since the start of the clan, that’s a time period of 8 years - and around 18 games.) The aim is to win the treble, the Premier League and the Champions League are musts & the FA Cup will be the icing on the cake.

Oli- Chelsea

Welll this season has turned out to be amazing. I started out hoping that i might snatch a euro spot as i have a nigh on totally new side playing for me but however, we are doing well and currently sit 2nd joint top. I wonder if we can continue this for the remainder of the season

Phil McCracken - Arsenal

After taking over when we were in 10th place, we now find ourselves sitting comfortably in 5th, chasing the dream of Champions League qualification.

When I took over the club, it was fairly obvious that it needed rebuilding, as most of the players were 28-32, so in came some big signings for big prices. Following me from Southampton Silverio, Marcelo, Ronaldo, Ntini, Cerina & Turdo. While big money was spent on Arnaldo Liberti (38mil) & Nicola De Cecco (40mil). Out went anyone who was over the age of 32, that included Leighton Baines, Sagna, Chamakh, Vermaelen & Bendter. Which takes my January spending to well over 200mil but it changes the dynamic of my squad to a solid at peak starting XI with a bench/back up players under the age of 23.

Im out of the FA Cup after my assman lost to West Ham, but with a 3-1 win away to Sheffield Wednesday on the last game of the week, after 2 losses to Jimmy's Liverpool and Birmingham (WTF!!), it was a good way to end the week. Hopefully next week we can push on, get the new signings more intergrated into the team and maybe, just maybe, we can make the Champions League. If not, qualification for the euro cup is a must....

Till next week

Oli- Chelsea

Welll this season has turned out to be amazing. I started out hoping that i might snatch a euro spot as i have a nigh on totally new side playing for me but however, we are doing well and currently sit 2nd joint top. I wonder if we can continue this for the remainder of the season

I wonder - hehe

Oi Belly! Where are the other tables???icon9.png

I post the tables at the end of the season for the records. The League 2 Table posted above is part of my weekly update post. Nothing stopping the other managers from doing the same..

Joe Watford

the dull theme continues, i've switched to the 4-3-3 i used vs paul to bore his side to death and its continued in its attempts to bore the league into letting me stay in it and its working, some great victorys vs top of the table plymouth and gillingham away (both 1-0) and against play off chasing sides the most amusing of which was (i think) vs lincoln where i took the lead, they equalize immediately, i take the lead again, they equalize again straight away, finally managed to shake them off in the 88th min and win the match 3-2. More recent results have not included many goals full stop, only 1 defeat but in 4 games 0 scored, still looking good for my objective of staying up.

SI POSTS

Weekly Updates Since Wed Session

Belly - Done

Joe - Done

Mike - Done

Stuart - Not Done

Steve - Not Done

Kim - Not Done

Jimmy - Not Done

Oliver - Not Done

Nathan - Not Done

Geir - Not Done

Jonny - Not Done

Fred - Not Done

Paul - Not Done

Poor Show Again lads.. - Its actually getting worse

Kim - Newcastle

My last post was very brief, but the disappointment was tremendous. After finishing the previous season in 7th place, and thinking we’d lost out on European play once again, I was truly heartbroken.

We had been scoring goals for fun and there weren’t many that got away from St.James’ with anything to show for. But with 21-3-14 as the win-draw-loss formula, you could easily see that we were losing way too many games. Especially away from home we were poor, and the team seemed to crumble to dust every time we played one of the bigger sides in the league.

2nd best goalscoring record in the league, with the prolific Yannis Tafer banging in 54 goals total in all competition, we were a threat against any sides. The obvious mistake was of course conceding too many goals. Kasper Schmeichel in goal clearly wasn’t up to the task, and my young albeit talented centrehalfs and midfield, could not cope with the high pressured games. A whopping 59 goals conceded in the league saw our total goal difference to +31 for the season, but everyone including me could see that a long term injury to Tafer would have devastating effect to our side.

We were a truly one-man team for the last season, and by the looks of things, we seemed to be just as one-man sided at the start of the season…

Well, the team has proven the doubters wrong! We now sit in 2nd position, we are through in the knockout stages of EURO league after smashing our way through the group stages, we are in the League Cup final after beating Jim’s Liverpool in an epic 10-8 two legged battle of a semi-final, and we are also in the hunt for the FA Cup still.

Once again we are lead by the spearhead Tafer. He’s racked up more goals so far than ever, and he scored his 30th league goal in only 27 matches. Total for the season he’s almost up to 50 already, and it looks like he’s about to break last seasons record by a landslide if he stays on form. On the other hand, my new young argentinian goalkeeper Ruffini has been excellent in goal, and the centreback wonder Scali and Pedro has stepped it up a couple of notches as well. With Danny Newman and Martin Brink also bagging 21 goals so far already, we are no longer just a one-man team, although Tafer is still and will continue to be the utmost important man in our side.

The aim before the season was to break into the top 4 and gain Champions League play, and the goal has still not changed. I still regard the title Nathan’s to lose, and we will continue to press him as far as we can go, but we do have a lot of games to come in the last parts of the season. I put no thoughts into winning either league, EURO league or the FA Cup, but we’re already in the League Cup final and will do everything in our power to get our hands to that trophy. As for the league, we still have only one aim and that’s to stay inside the top 4, and if push comes to shove, then both EURO league and FA Cup will be sacrificed to keep the players in top form for the league.

Really looking forward to getting the week started tonight and finishing the season this week, as I think it will be a cracking finish for everyone.

-Kim

Newcastle United FC

Sheff Weds post for last week.

We lost, lost and lost some more. We've dropped from 2nd to 11th, the season has gone tits up and all we've got left to do now is recover to claim a top 8 place, and try to progress further in the CL and claim more bounty from that. Still it could be worse, I could be on the dole like Oli! :p

Nathan – Manchester City

As the season draws to a close its squeaky bum time for the boys in blue, we are still going well in the 3 major competitions; The Premiership, FA Cup and the so far elusive Champions league but that will soon change (hopefully!).

We are aiming to be one of the small number of clubs to win the top flight 3 times in a row to join that elite group along with the Champions League trophy, which has escaped me thus far, after my ass man’s SHOCKING performance of last season. The FA Cup will be a bonus but it remains last in the list of priories. Some welcoming news is that our star striker Babacar is nearly back training after 4 months on the side-line, consider that in with the fact that Silva is in top form and he is improving game by game I worry for the teams that will have to endure such wrath of the above pairing.

Currently I’m eagerly anticipating the mouth-watering match up of ourselves and the second most successful side on the planet; Real Madrid (behind Everton of course). That game will take place tonight and the winner will be through to the semi-finals of footballs hardest competition. In domestic issues, I currently sit 7 or so points clear at the top of the table with my main rivals being Jim & Kim… So we can easily say that is that trophy in the bag, no doubt.

Stay tuned for another update after tonight’s session.

To no surprise Nathan won his 3rd league title in a row with Man City, but this season he only won it 2 games from the end, and it's the other human managers chasing. 2nd spot is still not sown up for me, as Jimmy is 3 points behind with 2 games to go. The vast goal difference in our advantage almost makes out a point on it's own, so it looks like 3 points in either the game away to 18th placed West Ham or home in the last game to 17th placed Wigan will hand me 2nd place.

Well and truly overjoyed by our season so far, winning the League Cup in style, getting into the FA Cup semi final with a 8-2 thumping (we play Nathan's City who won 7-0 in his semi) and we are also in the EURO final against Rapid Wien after beating Nott Forest in the semis. We are now on a 31 game unbeaten record in all competitions, and the key part of that feat is of course 27 year old talisman Yannis Tafer. Racking up 70 goals in 51 games so far this season, scoring a whopping 24 in 11 EURO games, he's really been the spearhead of my young Newcastle side. With 3 more players on 20+ goals we have scored a huge ammount of goals in every competition we have taken part in. Both Man City and ourselves have now scored over a 100 goals in the league, but when City have only conceded 29 or so, we have let in almost 50.

Tonight we finish the season and it's gonna be a nervewrecking night for the Newcastle fans as we go into two of the biggest games in our history. Bring on tonight and up the Toon!

Archived