Tav's FourFourTwo Target Man 10.3

Finally a decent 4-4-2 in a world made for 4-3-3s :p !!!

i tried the formation without putting the right fwd on the target man list, and it still worked like a charm,

producing great football :D

What preffered moves would you recommend for the Target man ? Playing with back to goal ??

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
instead off asking why don't you try it out and find out for yourself pal.

He was just wondering, and asking a simple pimple question. So he can save himself some time...

As to answer the question, I'd reckon it would, as long as he was used in the Target-Man role :)

I would just like to say this tactic was never intended to make Emile Heskey out to be a good player. Please do not post pics of him having a beasting season as it will deeply upset me. Thanks for your understanding guys

1. Still not sure about pitch size so i just use standard so i can play both my tactics well if i want.

2. There is no new version yet, been trying to improve it but nothing really good has come from my changes.

3. Attr. for Target Man I THINK is needed - First Touch, Work Rate, Heading, Strength, Positioning, Jumping and Desicions.

4. Not sure about OPP Instructions so i just do what i feel i should do with each different team i play.

5. Make sure your best midfielder centre is on the Right with the down arrow. He sees so much more of the ball and will influence the game more than his partner. A player like De Rossi would be amazing in that position.

Hope this helps folk and feel free to ask more questions

Just started a game with most the European Leagues loaded atleast to the second tier. Unemployed with Sunday Footballer rep so on holiday till i get a club. Going to use this tactic with whatever rubbish I get to manage so will be interesting! :D

Good to see that people are winning with this :thup:

1. Still not sure about pitch size so i just use standard so i can play both my tactics well if i want.

2. There is no new version yet, been trying to improve it but nothing really good has come from my changes.

3. Attr. for Target Man I THINK is needed - First Touch, Work Rate, Heading, Strength, Positioning, Jumping and Desicions.

4. Not sure about OPP Instructions so i just do what i feel i should do with each different team i play.

5. Make sure your best midfielder centre is on the Right with the down arrow. He sees so much more of the ball and will influence the game more than his partner. A player like De Rossi would be amazing in that position.

Hope this helps folk and feel free to ask more questions

Are you sure on Positioning?

There are barely a handful of strikers with good positioning. Only 1 good striker fulfill all the target man requirements : Didier Drogba.

Great Target Man strikers like: Oscar Cardozo, Edin Dzeko, Berbatov have less than 10 for positioning.

I meant No disrespect to your tactics at all, i'm just asking if positioning would be an attribute we could do away with.

I currently have Dzeko and Berbatov as my target men. Will report if they can still do well in the target man position or not.

I've got the positions from defense and attack figured out, but i'm struggling a bit with the midfield.

As Tottenham, did you have this as your first choice line up: Modric - Palacios - Huddlestone - Lennon?

I think I've got it right with Palacios and Lennon/Bentley, but does Modric play in the center, where I've put Huddlestone, with Bale/Kranjcar on the left or like I've placed them already?

There are barely a handful of strikers with good positioning. Only 1 good striker fulfill all the target man requirements : Didier Drogba.

Great Target Man strikers like: Oscar Cardozo, Edin Dzeko, Berbatov have less than 10 for positioning.

I meant No disrespect to your tactics at all, i'm just asking if positioning would be an attribute we could do away with

I currently have Dzeko and Berbatov as my target men. Will report if they can still do well in the target man position or not.

Sorry man yeah i dont think it matters much, meant off the ball. Cool let me know how it goes

I meant No disrespect to your tactics at all, i'm just asking if positioning would be an attribute we could do away with.

Aye, positioning is a purely defensive stat, Off the ball is a purely attacking stat.

Ok guys i have been playing using this tactic with Blackburn Rovers and im in November of the 1st season so thought i would post some stats and let you guys know how im doing.

<a  href=http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6039/blackburntransfers.jpg' alt='blackburntransfers.jpg'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

To start these were my transfers at the start of the season. As you can see i sold alot of my key players which i had to do in order to improve the squad enough for the upcoming season

Here are my results so far.

<a  href=http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6771/blackburnresults.jpg' alt='blackburnresults.jpg'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

As you can see we dont get off to a great start we lost heavily to Man city the first game of the season but i think that was because the new players were still trying to gel. after the draw with Stoke thats when the craziness begins lol. I must say tav this tactic has blown me away. but whoever uses this tactic make sure you use the right players in the right positions or your in for a long hard season

Some complaints and suggestions for this tactic:

1) On away games, if you don't set OI or change the tactic, end up losing most of the times (unless of course the opponent is really weak) even when on my Man Utd save, VDS as gk, Rio and Vidic as centre back pairing.

2) The two fullbacks does not necessarily work well with Wing backs. On my Man Utd save, Evra (High CA) rarely gets a rating of 7 and above.

3) Target Man (The right striker) works well for typical targetman so just put the Tall, good aerial strikers on the right and the speedy ones on the left.

Yeah he is more of the defensive midfielder type but he seems to be the player who gets more involved in the game as he picks up the ball deep and tries to get it to the target man. I feel in some games the other MC(L) hardly see's the ball as it isnt really played in his part of the pitch if that makes sense.

Try get an all round good player for that position and he will play great. For his partner on the left just get a player who is mentally and physically really good with nothing special on the technical sise. As I say it seems a waste sometimes playing your best midfielder in no mans land

My starting XI is

Robinson

DL - Olsson (Mattock Coming in January)

DR - Jacobsen

DC - Samba

DC - Givet

ML - Buananotte

MR - Krivetz

MC - M. Diarra

MC - Witsel

ST - Milyevski

ST - Kalinic

Milyevski being my target man, I am scoring alot but also conceding far too many, almost two a game.

Tranfers in:

Milyevski

Diarra (Loan)

Buananotte

Witsel

Krivetz

Helan

Antonini

Samaras (Loan)

Transfers out:

Pedersen

Emerton

Diouf

Chimbonda

Roberts

Hoilett

Andrews

Using this now with Tottenham. It is amazing Tav what you have doen with the squad. Cause in my game it is going not good. Through the center is ridicoulus bad. Even against weak sides. The targetman is not doing okay. Does not win any balls. We win games cause we score out of luck and then i change my tactic into a coutertactic not because the original tactics.

I tweaked the tactic abit to make it defensive while holding on to a lead.

i find that after i tweaked it defensively, it is quite successful in holding on to a lead.

but still the original version would already suffice in those clear cut matches.

I mostly use the tweaked defensive tactic to hold on to a 1 or 2 goal lead away from home.

I tweaked the tactic abit to make it defensive while holding on to a lead.

i find that after i tweaked it defensively, it is quite successful in holding on to a lead.

but still the original version would already suffice in those clear cut matches.

I mostly use the tweaked defensive tactic to hold on to a 1 or 2 goal lead away from home.

Any chance you could upload this tweaked defensive one?

Archived