goalsstorm

I know, I've tried not to criticize the tactics too much, because I see so many other people having such great success. All I can say is that I've been playing this game for a LONG time, I use Tug's training, good teamtalks, and my players are all very happy.There are so many variables that it's hard to pinpoint, but I don't think I'm doing anything in particular wrong. My biggest criticism would be that the flanks get left exposed time and time again with this tactic, and the goals just didn't come for me. As I said, every so often I'd win 5-0, but most of the time I would lose 0-1 or 1-2...I found that my AMC's would take too many long shots and quite often I failed to keep posession in central areas. I think in particular I struggled against teams that like to switch play with a direct passing game, because quite often I'd see a lofted pass diagonallyfrom the midfield ending up on the feet of an attacking winger who could cut the ball back into the box. But I must admit, I only watch "key" highlights, and I wasn't taking notes ;)

I did sign a bunch of players to try with this tactic, because I know how important specific attributes are to each tactic like this, but I still didn't see any improvements. Maybe I was just unlucky, I don't know. It could just have been that I didn't have the right squad, or I was rotating too much/too little, who knows.

I might try to use the tactic with Everton, as suggested by vu duc tu, so I can see whether I get similar results. I would presume using the same team and doing the same things, I should see just how good the tactic is..

As I said, I really don't want to come across like I'm criticizing the tactic or turning people away from it, I just didn't find it working for me in any situations that I tried. I will start an Everton game and report back :)

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know, I've tried not to criticize the tactics too much, because I see so many other people having such great success. All I can say is that I've been playing this game for a LONG time, I use Tug's training, good teamtalks, and my players are all very happy.There are so many variables that it's hard to pinpoint, but I don't think I'm doing anything in particular wrong. My biggest criticism would be that the flanks get left exposed time and time again with this tactic, and the goals just didn't come for me. As I said, every so often I'd win 5-0, but most of the time I would lose 0-1 or 1-2...I found that my AMC's would take too many long shots and quite often I failed to keep posession in central areas. I think in particular I struggled against teams that like to switch play with a direct passing game, because quite often I'd see a lofted pass diagonallyfrom the midfield ending up on the feet of an attacking winger who could cut the ball back into the box. But I must admit, I only watch "key" highlights, and I wasn't taking notes ;)

I did sign a bunch of players to try with this tactic, because I know how important specific attributes are to each tactic like this, but I still didn't see any improvements. Maybe I was just unlucky, I don't know. It could just have been that I didn't have the right squad, or I was rotating too much/too little, who knows.

I might try to use the tactic with Everton, as suggested by vu duc tu, so I can see whether I get similar results. I would presume using the same team and doing the same things, I should see just how good the tactic is..

As I said, I really don't want to come across like I'm criticizing the tactic or turning people away from it, I just didn't find it working for me in any situations that I tried. I will start an Everton game and report back :)

I don't know what you make thing wrongly ,because you say the player happy and good teamtalk.Thus if you try again,you still don't have good result,can you upload your file save.I want to try it.Because I also some good result with Blackburn with buy any player.Before upload a tactic,i tried with some team.And I only upload it,if it work with some team.

Yes.I think you should upload your file save for him.May be you did some fault.I use V3 and this is the best tactic I haven't use in fm10

TS, last time i tried the first version of goalsstorm for my oxford city when we were in L2 or 1 i think.. failed so miserably i tossed it..

BUT

downloaded the 4-3-2-1 version and trying it with England (not trying with oxford even though in EPL now cos halfway in season)...

FIRST MATCH

Eng VS forgot who.. (i tink bulgaria) 5-1

Second match

Eng vs another forgot who 8-0.. really AWESOME!!!

only thing is i realise most goals come from my midfield, though my forward a lotof assists.. hahah.. GREAT JOB.. will try it wif oxford once season ends.. and will update if i recall who we won against...

maybe it´s harder for this tactic to succeed in calcio, i dunno

both the x-mass formation and narrow 4-2-3-1 works in the calcio, I can confirm that much, one just need to keep in mind that 4-2-3-1 dont really work that well vs teams playing 4-3-1-2 formation (or narrow diamond)

could it be that mr Jovetic dont have enough suitable players? (bad fullbacks maybe? to few amc? no creative player on mc?) or is it bad team talk?

by the way are the left and right amcs different in terms of desired states as compared to the centre one? i'm talking abt the final version. And for the striker, would a quick scorer like villa or compelte striker like torres favoured?

I find pace isn't needed for the central AM, and I usually prefer it in the two wide ones.

On the strikers, I've had success with Andy Carroll and Agbonlahor, I think both types work well.

by the way are the left and right amcs different in terms of desired states as compared to the centre one? i'm talking abt the final version. And for the striker, would a quick scorer like villa or compelte striker like torres favoured?

If you have 1 good box-to box midfielder.you should use 4-3-2-1 formation.I use it for Westham,currently 2nd in epl.

Falahk,which your tweak did you use?

-DC's changed to ball playing defenders (one cover, one defend), only using the defult settings provided by the TC (these basic setings seams to work better for me even if my defenders are inepth at passing/creating)

-defense line switched up to the first notch over normal (hence a higher defense line)

-corner attack/defense, I use my own set ups but they provide a very similar effect (and yes its far post corners in my set up to, so im not sure if they are better or worse)

the end result wasn't really what I first intended when i started to experiment with setings, my first intention was to make the defense better

(I failed), but I ended up with a team that broke up attacks much higher up the pitch and that gave the central defenders a bit more freedom and time on the ball, this in turn made my counter attacking much better

Download for my tweak:

http://www.filefront.com/17293562/goalsstorm-Ver2-Fal-mode-Roma-Oct-2014.tac/

PKM's from the games when I started with the tactic during the 2011/2012 session with Athletic (extract rar file into your matches folder):

http://www.filefront.com/17293600/AthleticPKM.rar/

• 3 years later...

Archived